Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

The fact that Anna would let Sonny in to see Peter was beyond stupid.

The actor who plays Peter seems to have toned down his overacting a teensy bit.The scene with Peter and Sonny, 2 of the worst actors , tomorrow should be interesting,

Does Mac schedule people to come in and see Peter, or is it first come, first serve?

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

So Michael thinks this fake crime that Nina committed carries a life sentence? I’m confused how he believes that this will get Nina out of their hairs for good. It’s especially funny given the number of murderers and attempted murderers in this town (himself and most of his family included) who aren’t in jail for life.

No crime took place.  This whole storyline is bizarre and idiotic.

I’m seriously thinking of applying to be a writer for GH.  I can’t imagine doing any worse than these idiots.  I wrote better dramatic fiction in high school.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Today's Notes

oh yay. esme is back on her trip obsession. Joss and Spencer are talking. Joss is being a judgemental cow. but they kinda look cute together. Spencer is explaining why he likes Esme. Spencer: Her parents died when she was young. Joss: "that sounds awful." that sounds awful? Someone tells you Esme's parents died and you say "That sounds awful?"  Joss is like I'm not being nice to Esme because she fired the first shot. (what first shot did Esme shoot at Joss? "I heard about your Kidney?") 

Esme is back on the Cam/Trina train. let it gooo. Esme gives a little dig - Now that I have spencer, I'm not going to let him go. 

more mourning for jason. over it. Michael goes "I always dreamed that Jason would be there for Wiley like he was here for me."  And this is where. you are reminded that Jason would have been there for Wiley at a drop of a hat. but wishes that Jake and danny didn't exist. this is the man we are mourning ladies and gentlemen . Also. i can't with Michael's hair. Please cut it. 

Willow stopped pooping her pants and left. sonny is being  such a coward. He tells Nina don't text him again. Sonny is activated and is basically "he killed my BFF/my brother, he's gone!". (No. Jason killed himself by shooting in an unstable tunnel after Lisel warned him). Some infodumping. NO SONNY. NO SONNY. Why isn't he admitting that he didn't want to know anything. this pisses me off so much. 

Mac is going after Peter. Love Mac. Maxie is like i need to talk to peter. girl. just.. stahp  Anna says that's not a good idea. Maxie goes i'm not looking for your opinion (see Maxie - that's why you are in this situation in the first place). Mac is being a great parent and wants to protect Maxie. Maxie is going to confront Peter now. Mac goes if you move wrong I'll shoot you myself. (and i believe mac. he wouldn't betray me). 

Peter is all swoony. Maxie is all shut up. Maxie is like how do you think i'll love you with all the crap you did? Peter goes "all the things i did for you was for love." Maxie is like shove it. Peter is screaming I can find Louise! Maxie is like you can't. you'll never be with us. choke on it. Peter thinks all this is because of Austin. Maxie is like I can't believe this. (haha. "What if I were dating the entire PCU Football team? That's none of your business.). Peter is like there's only one man in your life and it's meeee. Maxie is like go to hell. 

Carly is now sobbing at the vending machine chanting "count to ten, count to ten." I give zero craps about your pain. Epiphany is being all comforty. (you know how she SHOULD have been with Valentin). She's all I'm sorry for your loss. Epiphany respected Jason, thus I have zero respect for her. we are talking about how toxic/co-dependent the Carly-jason relationship is. lol Epiphany; "When you miss Jason think of your wedding day." lol okay there. think of your wedding day,i'm sure your husband will be okay with you dreaming about your 1 day husband. 

Willow is now deciding to be a bitch to Nina. Michael is being passive aggressive  and all "don't you have a trial date." both of them are like "Why are you here?' like shut up both of you. Nina is close to Sasha you morons.  Willow is like "your family is my first priority."  lol. this is so dumb. Willow is pissed at Nina because she fell in love with Sonny but not at Sonny for NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. Nina catches up with Willow and goes "Oh i didn't see you." Willow channels her inner Carly Snarl and goes "I heard you. WITH SONNY." Yeah okay. so did you hear how SONNY is also keeping this lie are you going to go after him? No of course not. 

Michael and Carly grouse that Nina is around to see her friend who just had a baby and hope she goes to jail. 

I am loving Esme's pink jacket and bag. apparently i am supposed to root for Joss. yeah. no. I hope esme wins whatever happens. 

show ends with Sonny glaring at Peter. you know. if Sonny blows Peter's head off right now. Peter is dead and sonny is in jail for life. I can dig it. 

It would be more realistic if Esme’s plan for the cabin was to dose them all with X and get the whole group in a drug fueled orgy.  Just to fuck with Joss and Trina.  THAT would fit her character and be something I could see happening (I know a girl in high school who did something in this direction).

it would also stir up some controversy and maybe get GH some headlines beyond NLG attacking her costars over vaccinations and PC crap.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Suicidy said:

It would be more realistic if Esme’s plan for the cabin was to dose them all with X and get the whole group in a drug fueled orgy.  Just to fuck with Joss and Trina.  THAT would fit her character and be something I could see happening (I know a girl in high school who did something in this direction).

it would also stir up some controversy and maybe get GH some headlines beyond NLG attacking her costars over vaccinations and PC crap.

I love it I wonder if esme and spencers boarding school was like elite those kids are always having sex in the school showers lol.

4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Laura Wright really looks like hell and like she’s grieving so points for that. It was weird for Pip to tell Carly to think of her wedding day when Carly’s married to another man, Jason’s bestie no less!

Willow is such a hypocrite. So it’s fine that she carried on an affair right under Chases nose but Nina is just a terrible person. Not to mention as others have said….what about Sonny’s role in all this????

I really don’t have a clue what the writers are doing with Esme but I am still Team Esme. She looked great today.  I love Trina too. Her low key shade at Esme was everything. 

Avery Pohl, the actress who plays Esme, is stunning.  It would be nice if they wrote her character better so they don’t have to write her out.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I prefer STUPID LITTLE SHIT (SLS). 😝

He’s useless, talentless, yet everyone constantly lavishes praise upon him like he’s shrewd and brilliant, and just hands him executive jobs he’s completely unqualified for.  I can understand a certain amount of this from his immediate family, as I don’t expect objectivity form them, but it’s just frustrating to watch everyone else do this too.

they need to get him in a position where Valentin is his superior.  And have Valentin constantly point out his failures and berate him.  Valentin is good t that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I love it I wonder if esme and spencers boarding school was like elite those kids are always having sex in the school showers lol.

Probably.  Here we have five very attractive 18 yer olds, who are of above average health, and apparently never horny.  Except a little bit between Spenser and Esme.  It’s ridiculous.  I understood why the writers stayed away from this when the characters were minors, but they’re adults now.  Heel, they could even do a whole thing afterwards where  maybe Trina decides she kinds of like it and even enters a polyamorous relationship with Spenser AND Esme.

THAT would have some real heat.

• LOL 1

I think Avery Pohl is doing a good job with Esmé, but as usual, the writing is completely letting her down. We should know by now what she's up to, other than being galactically passive-aggressive (though in a weird way I enjoy it) to everyone she talks to. Once again the show completely botches a story.

• Love 11

Dear god, Michael actually thinks Nina is going to get some sort of decades-long sentence for a made-up crime.  He's a deadly combination of stupid, smug and self-righteous.  I can't wait for the truth to come out so he can grace us with his patented constipated look. 

The Jason Grief Tour: oh, good, now we got to hear from Epiphany, who, with tears in her eyes, told Carly how much Jason loved her and what a good man he was.  Funny how she has all the sympathy in the world for the criminals and none for anyone else.  Asshole.

Speaking of assholes, go away, Joss and your plaaaaannnnn, whatever that may be.  I'm sure it's as monumentally stupid as some of the ones your mother has come up with--and now there's not even a Jason to come and save the day for you.

Lastly, so the post isn't totally negative, I continue to be impressed with Nicholas Chavez.  He's giving Spencer some nuance, in spite of not-stellar writing. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

I swear these kids have been talking about this trip for at least two-three months!! Can they just go on this freaking trip already? I’m tired of hearing about it every 5 weeks!! 

I wonder if the show just waited until they had all the actors of this teen set who attending college actually had their winter break so they could do that mini-story..

I predict sexual hijinx between the 5 but not with what is expected of the couples. I think Joss will push Spencer and Trina togehter. And then Esme goes after Cam.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I predict sexual hijinx between the 5 but not with what is expected of the couples. I think Joss will push Spencer and Trina togehter. And then Esme goes after Cam.

and Joss stands alone. i dig it.

28 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lastly, so the post isn't totally negative, I continue to be impressed with Nicholas Chavez.  He's giving Spencer some nuance, in spite of not-stellar writing. 

yeah, he was shaky his first two days but took off flying. so impressed. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

That would be interesting, plausible and entertaining ...so I'm sure it won't happen! I would much prefer something more 90210 like Esme going after Cam for revenge for losing Spence to Trina, versus Esme going really dark and Joss exposing her and saving everyone, in the grand tradition of her hero Jason. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Steph J said:

Lord, am I ever done hearing about Jason. You'd think the man had never been presumed dead before. You'd think a kajillion people hadn't come back from the dead in this town this year alone.

Right?  It should be like: Want to go to Jason's funeral?  No thanks, I've already been.

• LOL 14

Oh, what in the ever loving fuck. You know, Nina, it's okay to throw Willow's affair with Michael back in her face. I remember a time when I used to enjoy Willow a lot, but every facet of her character has been tainted by everything Carly and Michael.

• Love 17

Willow is the worst kind of character: A hypocritical Mary Sue with less entertainment value then watching paint dry.

Like, she acknowledges her hypocrisy and yet still has that high pitched judgey tone. Take several seats Willowtonin.

• Love 20

Wow, they're really going all in on Carly being there for Brando and Sasha if Carly has no trouble giving Gladys a hug.

LOL that Nina thought being the chapel meant privacy. It's still a public place! Go into an office and shut the door if you really don't want to be overheard.

Once again Sonny taunts someone (in this case, Peter) who is handcuffed and can't do anything toward him. That doesn't make Sonny a tough guy; it makes him a cowardly jerk. I did like Peter ostentatiously exhaling. Hee.

45 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I remember a time when I used to enjoy Willow a lot, but every facet of her character has been tainted by everything Carly and Michael.

Same here. It's kind of amazing just how thoroughly unpleasant she's become, all because she hooked up with stupid Michael.

At this point, who cares if Nina and Mike fell in love? Sonny is back with Carly, and Nina is trying to stay out of their way. The show isn't doing anything with this except using it as blackmail, but it's pretty weak sauce when it's in the past. Nina is already persona non grata; what is Michael going to do, have the Pennsylvania DA add unlawful loving to the list of illogical charges? 

Willow can shove her self-righteousness about Nina's "affair." Not three months ago she was sneaking around having sex with Michael during their kid's birthday party. Shut up, Willow.

"Mike lives on." Uh, MICHAEL....

Liam is so gonna tock.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Liam is so gonna tock.

That's probably why they made Michael and Willow his godparents. Instead of the show focusing on Sasha and Brando's grief, they'll turn it around to Willow's dead baby and how Michael thought that his son was dead and we'll get endless scenes of them crying over it. And also, Carly, because she's Carly and it must somehow be about her also.

Sonny threatening a man who is shackled is very much on brand. But peter does need to die and I need a body and a cremation, otherwise we'll never be rid of him. 

Maxie going to the local mobster to ask if he's going to kill Peter. She probably wants Sonny to put out a hit on him. But Maxie, girl, you made your bed, stop looking to others to fix your mess. You can kill Peter yourself. You won't go to jail for more than five minutes and the town will throw you a parade when you're out.

Between Nina apologizing to Willow and trying to unsuccessfully explain herself and Willow's self-righteous anger (bitch have a tall glass of STFU), Carly being all benevolent with Gladys, I swear, this episode felt like it lasted a whole month.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Today on Hypocrisy Hospital: The Corinthos Hour

Sonny walks into Peter's interrogation room because the PCPD respected Jason soooo much, and threatens Peter but doesn't actually kill him. It's all about the threats with Sonny and never the actually doing. Wow, Sonny threatening Peter with everyone he has killed when Sonny has killed or ordered killed at least as many people. At least Peter clapped back;

Willow The Adulterer berates Nina and lets Sonny skate because it's always the woman's fault. Its None. Of. Your. Business. Willow. Why the hell does Nina need to beg Willow not to hurt Carly? Nina really dodged a bullet that Willow isn't her birth daughter.;

Carly hugging Gladys after all that she's said about her;

Michael being so gracious about being asked to be Liam's godparent. I wish that I could say that they asked him for the money.

I wish Nina would grow a spine. I wish someone would clap back when Carly and Will and Michael are such hypocrites. I wish someone would finally kill Peter for good. Austin, no one else is going to kill Peter. It's up to you.

How old is the GH system that Willow needs to paper check her nursing schedule? Most people get their schedules sent by email these days. Is Michael such a bad CEO that he doesn't know that?

Sasha's hospital room looked like a toy store threw up. It's really off-putting when so many kids don't have much.

Martin and Laura, and Maxie and Austin, were enjoyable. The rest of the showI could have been cleaning the oven.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Although their scenes are super boring to me, Laura and Martin have great chemistry.

Two fantastic veterans.

I'd love to see MEK put a little color back in that great head of hair he has. Just so I could reminisce about Tad Martin. The Martin character name must be a nod to that. That grey hair seems out of place next to his smooth skin. Not bad for 62 years old!

• Love 3

all the cops respected Jason? shut up.  and honestly this is the crap i'm talking about. where's the people shouting at sonny for all the people he actually killed. or Jason's victims hm? Yes. Peter's daughter never have to know the horror show that Peter is. Too bad Avery  and Donna have to deal with mob violence and everything. 

Lol this blackmail is dumb. what if Carly knew? so then Peter dies and it's like oh yeh, there was that time you loved Nina. 

Wiley's genius thing today: blocks. because he's perfect with all things. of course Millowtonin are going to be godparents. 

why exactly is willow channelling bitch face? Nina is allowed to be in love with Sonny. WHY she wants to be is a big question, but she's allowed to be, and she never sexed him up, so like calm down with righteous bitch face. once again. Sonny didn't want to know anything either. omg. finally that came out. He didn't want to. 

Willow: are you having an AFFAIR? (you mean? like how you had one?) You mean how you'll never regret having YOUR affair? How you walked around expecting Chase being okay with it? Stupid entitled cow. And see. this is what i was talking about. Where was all of this when willow's affair was happening?   Why isn't Willow having this conversation with Sonny. She HEARD Sonny said it has to come from him, so what? she wants Nina to go over Sonny's head and tell? 

you can try to make Carly all sweet and whatever not buying it. i don't care. gladys was kinda cute with "meh what name is LIAM?"

what's Christina Comes Home for Christmas?

Maxie and Austin was kind of nice. 

• Love 8

Backing up a few days, ew, Sonny complimenting Britt on being more compassionate and approachable really grossed me out.  I like Britt having soft spots for certain people, but a warm and fuzzy Britt is not what I signed up for.  Also, shut up, Sonny, maybe show some compassion for the people you fleece and murder AS THE LOCAL MOB BOSS.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was a movie that was referenced every Christmas on OLTL; Frank and Ron brought it to GH when they moved to the show.

Here's a superior "Christina Comes Home For Christmas" watch party:

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

She HEARD Sonny said it has to come from him, so what? she wants Nina to go over Sonny's head and tell? 

I' d like to see that. Realistically, not everyone blaming Nina as they're doing now but Carly yelling at Sonny that he didn't tell her.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Nina thought being the chapel meant privacy. It's still a public place! Go into an office and shut the door if you really don't want to be overheard.

Really! GH, unlike most hospitals in the real world seems to have a lot of unoccupied, unlocked, easily accessible offices you could go in. I happened to spend time around a hospital this year (not admitted to it) and one thing I noticed was how compartmentalized the office space is. Also, they always seem to have someone in them. 

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I' d like to see that. Realistically, not everyone blaming Nina as they're doing now but Carly yelling at Sonny that he didn't tell her.

for like two seconds before she goes "No it was NINA'S FAULT."

what irritates me - and I don't even know if this is just how Watros is normally, or if she's just... being extra nervous/scared. but i am tired of her playing Nina like. oh my god, no, but please, don't etc. just. like. own your crap now. And part of it is too she's still.. cowtowing to these people because of Wiley. Dead to rights Nina should have flung her affair in WIllow's face and said how everyone forgave her instantly. Nina has to be all shame shame shame for everything. like this wasn't a two way street. I was surprised that her declaration that Sonny didn't want to know anything didn't have anymore weight behind it. 

In regards to the being in the chapel being private - I imagined Nina was thinking you know the door was basically closed and they were talking very hushed. Willow walked, heard them and stopped and listened.  She didn't walk straight in or even turn around when she realized other people was there, she didn't give them privacy that she would have wanted had it been reversed. (I know it's soapy, and yah they should have been in an office, but to me, just once sometimes i wish these people would get called out for like standing and listening for ages)

• Love 8

I was liking the Laura / Martin scenes until that last moment! What??? Who is trying to kill Martin? I know Cyrus doesn't like him much but killing him seems unlikely. Also, this would be a great time for Laura (who should still have some skills from her time with Luke) to come back into the room asking about shampoo or something like that. C'mon Laura, be the hero!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Shut up, Willow.

The actress is great though because she is really making me hate her.

Are we supposed to be hating her though? I don’t think that’s the intention 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Okay Nina. Enough with letting everyone in GC treat you like dog turd on the bottoms of their shoes. Stop apologizing and feeling guilty. Sonny can stuff it and so can Carly. And Michael. And Willow. 

• Love 15

Peter’s able to blackmail Sonny using evidence that he kissed Nina out of retribution for being responsible for the death of his best friend? First off, how is he going to use that if he’s dead and second, who cares? He had amnesia and Carly barely cared when Sonny flat out cheated with no excuse or remorse. She’d just blame Nina anyway and she wouldn’t want her to “win” the battle for Sonny so she’s not walking away. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I would love for Nina to say, "I'll stay out of your way, but if you don't give me access to Wiley, I'm going to sue."

how this has not been said yet is beyond me. Like dead to rights that's a card Nina needs to start playing now. Not like i want a freaking custody battle, but like screw these people.

Just basically like "Look. I stay out of your way, you run into me, and you give me crap. I apologised, and I am truly sorry and you keep making snide remarks even though your family has done worse. this is how it works. I have the right to see my grandson whenever i want, i'll respect your rules, I won't mention Nelle, but if you deny me that right i will sue for full custody, and then all the dirty laundry can be aired, not just mine."

end of story, and walk away. 

20 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Are we supposed to be hating her though? I don’t think that’s the intention 

no we're supposed to be all. woo, go Willow! tell Nina off! 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina doesn't need a toddler full-time, especially stupid Wiley. But she deserves full access to him as his grandmother.

hmm true.

can you sue for full visitation rights?  she should do that. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina doesn't need a toddler full-time, especially stupid Wiley. But she deserves full access to him as his grandmother.

Mayne not, but she should have him anyway and give Michael, Willow and Carly the ,,l,, on her way out. Then she can drive off into the sunset with her grandson. 

#happyendings

• Love 4

can you sue for full visitation rights?  she should do that.

I don't think she'd get too far with this stolen ID charge hanging over her head - esp if she goes to prison for life.

HAHAHAHAHA! This show is so dumb.

why exactly is willow channelling bitch face? Nina is allowed to be in love with Sonny. WHY she wants to be is a big question, but she's allowed to be, and she never sexed him up, so like calm down with righteous bitch face. once again. Sonny didn't want to know anything either. omg. finally that came out. He didn't want to. 

Good point all. I mean I have no idea why Nina would love Sonny or Mike because frankly, ick to both. But beyond that, she can feel that way and no one can control it! I feel like the writers have once again just buried the lead on this story. Sonny has been back for ages and we're just getting the reveal now? And of course not to anyone overly important. ZZZZZzzzz.

I feel like Nina is a character who would have taken shit from Carly and Michael for about minute before she started tossing this info back to them. 'Sonny wasn't interested in his past with you!!!!' I hate the scared thing that's happening with Nina. As though she holds no cards in this mess. Yes, yes she was wrong but everything wasn't all on her.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

you can try to make Carly all sweet and whatever not buying it. i don't care. gladys was kinda cute with "meh what name is LIAM?"

I was enjoying Gladys and Carly looking at her like she is the crazy one 😆

They really should have made them long lost sisters!!

I wish Nina would have said to Willow, "If you think it is better for Sonny and Carly's relationship to know this secret then go right ahead and blab". Seriously what has Nina got to lose, except she wants to do one nice thing for Sonny but if Willow blabs that is on her.

I thought Brando would have gave his mother the low down on the babies health situation over the phone at least.

And the baby wasn't preterm was he? Why do they keep saying he is so small. I mean small to have tubes etc but as babies go he shouldn't be that small, Sasha was ginormous.

eta: oh ya I forgot about Willow's bitch face, in fact she almost did the Carly mama beaver face . It was like they were having Willow and Carly exchange personalities today.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I wish Nina would have said to Willow, "If you think it is better for Sonny and Carly's relationship to know this secret then go right ahead and blab". Seriously what has Nina got to lose, except she wants to do one nice thing for Sonny but if Willow blabs that is on her.

I wish she would.  Go ahead, Sister Holier Than Thou, tell your quasi-MIL what you overheard.  Maybe then Michael can run to the Pennsylvania Attorney General and get the charges against Nina amended to add Love Theft or Infatuation Burglary or some other fake charge that any judge should throw out of court the second it's brought up.

Seriously, though, Willow was unbearable today. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Who is trying to kill Martin? I know Cyrus doesn't like him much but killing him seems unlikely

that’s the very reason they’re in protective custody. Cyrus ordered a hit on them because he felt betrayed…🙄