Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

It looks like GH finally shelled out money for cushions for those wood lounge chairs at the Metro Court Swim Club. I’m guessing the actors started complaining that their asses were hurting sitting on them all day while taping. LOL!!!!

I have no doubt. Taping or filming can be extremely tedious and time-consuming, so if something is uncomfortable, it's going to be uncomfortable for a long time. I was reading about how Bradley Cooper was in a movie in which he had to be in a hospital bed. In the movie, the hospital scenes come and go within about 15 minutes of screen time, but in real life, he was staying in one position in the thing for so long that he started developing bedsores.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Although it was interesting that in Gladys' little meddling and needling of Carly, we learned a few details. The date hasn't been set (which we knew of course), but she basically confirmed there is no rush.

Which, again, makes zero sense.  There's supposedly this urgency with the Novaks/Five Families so that they don't basically take a hit out on Carly (dare to dream!) and yet now they're all like "oh, well, let Jason and Carly enjoy their engagement!"  This fucking show...

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

What to do about Gladys? Well, there is a empty freezer available. She’s so un likable and not in a fun way. Does she even like Brando? The character has really worn out her welcome but I guess they need her for Brando when the actress goes on maternity leave. Which is a long time. Uh!

Gladys? Or do you mean Sasha? Sasha is the one who is pregnant and the actress who plays her is going on maternity leave. Not the one playing Brando's mother.

35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Which, again, makes zero sense.  There's supposedly this urgency with the Novaks/Five Families so that they don't basically take a hit out on Carly (dare to dream!) and yet now they're all like "oh, well, let Jason and Carly enjoy their engagement!"  This fucking show...

Obviously they want to make it soapy as possible, which I applaud and really hope it plays out like that. But the story that they've sold is that it should be done as soon as possible so it makes it look even more stupid than it already is.

• Love 1

Laura had been propping Wonderful Sonny for years. Not surprising that it gets extended to Carly too especially as Carly is her niece by marriage.

9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Sasha, I wouldn't be offering Gladys any jobs. You don't want her around you with that baby.

I know! The scene was funny as Sasha manipulated Gladys but the last thing Sasha should want is Gladys in the office poking her entitled nose into all of Deception's private business, annoying clients, and talking up how Brando deserves more than Sashais giving him.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Gladys? Or do you mean Sasha? Sasha is the one who is pregnant and the actress who plays her is going on maternity leave. Not the one playing Brando's mother.

No, I think she means Gladys, because she's insufferable and should be gone, but they are keeping her around so Brando has someone to interact with when Sasha actress goes on maternity leave.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Why did Genie Francis draw the short stick to prop up Carly? I had no idea they were friends. Didn’t Carly just lie to Laura a few months ago or got Laura to divulge privileged information? Why would Laura want to talk to Carly let alone have champagne with her?!

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like they have anything for Laura to do other than being a talk-to for others. I already hated that she was friendly with Sonny but Carly, really show? The last thing I buy is Carly having a female friend, especially this iteration of her. I guess they need someone for her to talk to when she starts falling for Jason or Sonny returns and having her teenage daughter play sounding board was weird in the few scenes we saw. 

• Love 4

I can see Laura acting as Carly's aunt still. Family is complicated but just the fact that Carly is first cousin to her kids means there will always be a connection. And while it might not be consciously calculated, it probably is politically expedient to keep Carly on her good side. 

I don't like it much though.  I suppose once Ryan is front and center she'll have more to do.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I can see Laura acting as Carly's aunt still. Family is complicated but just the fact that Carly is first cousin to her kids means there will always be a connection.

Except they never thought of each other as family. They always had an antagonistic relationship, especially during the original SheBeast's run when Mooby pretty much told Laura she had to work with his new wife at Deception. And they butted heads and didn't like each other at all. I loved Laura's disdain for Cujo.

This newfound "family" nonsense is one of Frank's and his newest head writer, other minions' making and since Genie returned.

I really wish (and I know I said it before) that Laura had held onto her rage and hate toward both Jason and Mooby after Lucky "died" in that fire. It was glorious to see.

Just as Robin finally cutting Mooby out of her life. She would never cut Jason out, and the hypocrite in me is fine with that.

But I can't have nice things.

• Love 8
(edited)
18 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I'm not sure what is happening on top of Kin Shriner's head lately, but it always cracks me up. 

Kin Shriner's been on GH for over 40 years now, and most of the time he's been hair-style challenged. I recall he and Tony Geary used to joke about each other's hair back in the day.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

really wish (and I know I said it before) that Laura had held onto her rage and hate toward both Jason and Mooby after Lucky "died" in that fire. It was glorious to see.

That's kind of the annoying thing. There are tons of reasons to hate these characters, but generally when the show has people hate them, it's for the wrong reasons. Lucky's "death" was all about the Cassadines and would have happened had he never met Sonny or Jason and no matter where he was living.

Then Cam, and sort of Elizabeth, got mad at Jason for killing Franco and he didn't do it.

Then they end up having to apologize.  Have someone hate them for something that is actually their fault.  Like maybe the Q's (all of them) could actually hate Sonny for killing AJ.  How did that get excused?  How?  How?  How?  And also, HOW?

• Love 9

LOL at Valentin's exasperation that Chase brought yet another toy for Wiley. We are one there, Valentin!

3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

The bikinis being worn on this show are too adorable! I love all of them!

Trina has a nice wardrobe of cute swimsuits. I'm jealous.

Ugh, Spencer. Entitled little turd. Anytime anyone shoves him into the pool is fine with me. And why does he want Ava to start fresh? He's the one who was holding the grudge. It was legit, but his revenge has certainly been way too strong.

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

I always hate this "If X was here, they'd want you to move on."
well if X was there, they'd be together lol

I know! If the person were there, you wouldn't have to move on in the first place. Duh.

And color me shocked Olivia is encouraging Dante to let Lulu go. I know they're divorced and it was at his instigation, but considering Olivia's general view of familial obligations, it surprises me.

It seems like the show remembered that Nik had Hayden shot. Did Awesome Writer sneak in today to right the story?

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I guess they need someone for her to talk to when she starts falling for Jason or Sonny returns and having her teenage daughter play sounding board was weird in the few scenes we saw. 

Carly has been " in love" (obsessed with) Jason since before she was even pregnant with Michael and that is public knowledge, But I assume we'll get scenes of Carly  "feeling torn" when Sonny returns (my guess, a moment after J&C are pronounced husband and wife, at which time Carly's face will say "Damn it!!) So Carly may go crying to Laura about how this is oh-so-hard for her. 

I was looking forward to the Elizabeth scenes because Becky Herbst did such a great job with Elizabeth's reaction to Cam and Joss making out.  But the Show ruined it by her calling Joss "sweet" and the mother-son scene being all about them losing Franco.  Well, at least they haven't retconned Elizabeth knowing that Nikolas had Hayden shot. Sam continues to be stupid.  Nikolas shading Hayden like that should have made her of all people suspicious if the Show is really going with "Sam never knew who was responsible for shooting Hayden."

The scene of Chase holding and singing to moving, cooing Bailey/Louise as she looked into his eyes was just 😍. BL, needs to open her mouth and tell Chase the damn truth about losers Michael and Willow. Chase looks like an idiot yearning to be Willow's husband "in every sense". I will give the writers credit for Valentin's good lines today. 

So Olivia wants Dante to consider letting Lulu go because she wants to see him have a spark to his life again. Okay, hypocrite.

I LOVED seeing Trina turn Spencer's bragging around on him, and then Joss and Cam backing her up. Ha! I hope stalker Spencer gets outed soon. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7
(edited)

Olivia is truly one of the most annoying characters on this show for me and that says a lot. I cannot stand this low rent version of Lois.  

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Outside of the Teen Scene - i really loved today's episode. like as long as Peter is actually dead, I'm cool with the Mystery because it fuels the BaileyLu storyline  and who took Peter. I'm still not cool with Sam/Dante together (iit's too Bold and the Beautiful for me and not in a good way).  but everything was muah

As an aside. Willow and Michael are scums of the Earth, and while I am loving BLQ, if she doesn't tell her best friend soon, she'll suck with this as well. someone needs to tell Chase the truth, and then Chase needs to burn Willow and Michael with the power of a 1000 burning suns and then Chase needs to find an amazing girlfriend and re-ignite Love in the Afternoon.

Amen.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And color me shocked Olivia is encouraging Dante to let Lulu go. I know they're divorced and it was at his instigation, but considering Olivia's general view of familial obligations, it surprises me.

Whereas she treated Lulu as if she were cheating on Dante, after they were DIVORCED, and started dating Dustin; oh wait, for also signing the divorce papers.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So Olivia wants Dante to consider letting Lulu go because she wants to see him have a spark to his life again. Okay, hypocrite.

giphy.gif

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't mind that part, although I agree it's stupid and who cares? So they discover (again) that it's Nik and then what? He goes to prison for 3 months?

And I don't watch everything so did Liz ever say anything about why she didn't tell Nik about Peter? He could and would have helped them.

If Olivia wants Dante to have sparks in his life Sam isn't the place to start with. coughflingwithAnnacough. 

Valentine will kill him.

45 minutes ago, Hater said:

I cannot stand this low rent version of Lois.  

They had Ned marry her and everything.  Wow.  Right on with that one.

There are so many characters on this show who don’t serve a purpose.  Olivia has to be near the top of that list.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I really just cannot with Laura being all mother hen/friendly advice giver to Carly. When in the name of Satan did these two become so buddy buddy BFF's? It's almost as bad as Ava and Nina for me. But just more rewriting of history, which this show loves to do so much that it thinks it's actually good at it. When Laura said she wasn't going to pass judgment on her, I was like why the hell not? 

Their friendship really does seem to have come out of nowhere. Laura has, for a while, been too close to Sonny, but it never extended that much to Carly and now Laura is just overjoyed to celebrate Jason and Carly's marriage. 🙄  And, I know that the show is trying to sell that Carly is conflicted about marrying Jason and is not secretly overjoyed, and if that's the case why is she whining to Laura about being worried about Sonny approving of the marriage when she and Jason are both supposed to understand it's just a MOC and not a real marriage?

On 7/28/2021 at 10:37 AM, Bringonthedrama said:

Britt walked away after Terry was being nasty/unprofessional to her in front of Monica, and Monica told them, "you're going to be co-chiefs."  Terry was mad that Britt (accurately) pointed out she spends on-duty time gossiping.  She accused Britt of letting Cyrus run drugs through the hospital and then the "Jason Morgan satisfying your needs" line...I would have walked away too. 

This. It rings totally false to me since Elizabeth came to Port Charles as a young teen, and the Show made it a point that she had felt alone/isolated and second best to Sarah.  She never spoke about missing anyone or leaving a close friend behind.  Why couldn't she have been added as a friend from Finn or Portia or even Britt's youth? They came to Port Charles as adults, so the intro would be much more believable IMO.

it makes me wonder if she's even aware of that, or just assumes Jason is a local mobster with no local family connections (other than his kids) who was a friend of "Biz" and got her pregnant.  She has shown she has no problem opening her mouth when she doesn't know what she's talking about and pressing women for gossip. 

Not really. She hasn't done anything to Terry. She just decided that what she knows of Britt's past from Elizabeth, and the fact that Cyrus hired Britt to be CoS, means that Britt doesn't deserve the job whereas she, Terry, really wants the job and feels she would be great at it, or at least better than Britt. 

I  just can't with Stella saying to Jordan "giving up on my nephew" as if Jordan's just not trying hard enough and Curtis needs his auntie to enforce the correct choice for his life.  It reminds me of Olivia's attitude with Lulu when Dante left Port Charles and then sent divorce papers. 

Britt walked away after Monica made the offer of being co-chief, not because Britt - who was giving as good as she got, and has been unprofessional herself - was so offended by anything Terri said. She was pissed that she didn't get to keep a job that she only got because Cyrus thought she had enough loose morals that she would be okay with - or at least look away from - Cyrus's illegal activities. If I was Monica, I definitely would have rescinded the offer to Britt after that unprofessional display of walking out in a huff because she didn't get exactly what she wanted. People like to talk about unrealistic behavior, but how many people get offered a job and still get the opportunity to say yes after slamming the door in the person offering the job's face?

You seem to have enjoyed the scene of Britt confronting Jason at the hospital. I'm not sure how Britt trying to prolong her interaction with her hitman almost boyfriend by discussing a personal issue is any more professional than Terri gossiping with Liz. And, speaking of unprofessional, Terri gossiping in between seeing patients strikes me as far less unprofessional as stealing a patient's embryo and implanting it in yourself to hang on to a man that doesn't want you.

Terri probably feels Britt doesn't deserve the job, because she doesn't. Britt is lucky to have her medical license at all for what she did with Rocco let alone get to be chief of staff and now get an offer to keep that job, even if it does mean sharing the duties with someone else.

It doesn't really matter that much IMO whether Liz has mentioned Terri before. She came on the show at 15/16, so it doesn't preclude her having friends before. Feeling like second best to Sarah mostly seemed like a home situation, not that Liz was friendless her entire life before she came to PC. Most characters, even characters who grew up on the show, have lives and things we don't hear about. Even with Sonny, whose history we know far too much about, we don't know every single friend or family member he ever had which makes bringing on characters like Gladys/Brando not a retcon, even if we hadn't heard about them previously.

I would think, as a Liz fan, it would be seen as kind of flattering that they felt it was important to connect Terri, who was important for being (I believe) the first major trans character played by a trans actor, to someone popular like Liz. They weren't going to connect a newbie to another newbie like Finn or Portia. And I'm not even sure if Britt was back on the canvas when Terri was introduced and even if she was, Britt had been off the show for so long, it wouldn't have made much sense to connect a newbie to her.

I agree about Stella. She should be browbeating Curtis far more than Jordan, since he's the one who did nothing to save the marriage.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:10 PM, statsgirl said:

A few episodes Curtis said that his affair with Portia was almost 20 years ago. How long till Portia figures out he's her bio-dad?

Speaking of the teen set, I find it strange that there's no talk about summer jobs to pay for college. Joss and Spencer have rich parents and maybe Ava is paying Trina but Cameron really should have a job to pay for college, especially if he's going to live in residence too.

Curtis is. He was only too happy to move on from his marriage because his police commissioner wife kept secrets from him because he already had his eye on Portia. There is nothing that Jordan can do, Curtis left the marriage long ago.

I hope they do with Curtis/Portia/Trina what they did with Chase/Finn where we think he might be the father, but it turns out he's not. It would make Portia look pretty bad if, after all of Curtis' going on about how he can't take being lied to, she never mentioned Trina being his kid. Even if she says she thought he could be the father, but she never had it confirmed, it still would make her look pretty bad to have kept her suspicions from him.

I think the other day when Cameron left he mentioned something about going to work.

Curtis never bothered to fight at all. His arguments about not trusting Jordan were definitely valid, but trust can be rebuilt if you want to try, but he never did. Jordan even suggested therapy and he came up with some lame reason why that wouldn't work.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I really just cannot with Laura being all mother hen/friendly advice giver to Carly. When in the name of Satan did these two become so buddy buddy BFF's?

I think that conversation would have worked better with Bobbie, but since JZ isn't on contract they went with the next possible mother hen type, which in this case is Laura.  It could just as easily have been Olivia but no one else on screen would work in that role with Carly.  

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

As an aside. Willow and Michael are scums of the Earth, and while I am loving BLQ, if she doesn't tell her best friend soon, she'll suck with this as well. someone needs to tell Chase the truth, and then Chase needs to burn Willow and Michael with the power of a 1000 burning suns and then Chase needs to find an amazing girlfriend and re-ignite Love in the Afternoon.

They're the scum of the Earth, how exactly? Did they murder someone? Commit some crime? Though I guess people think it should be a crime to lie to amazing, perfect Chase, but not a crime for Chase to do the exact same thing. Yet let other characters lie to Chase, and it's the ULTIMATE SIN. Why should Brook-Lynn tell Chase the truth? Chase is pro lying to your loved ones if you think if it's for a good reason.  

4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

They're the scum of the Earth, how exactly? Did they murder someone? Commit some crime? Though I guess people think it should be a crime to lie to amazing, perfect Chase, but not a crime for Chase to do the exact same thing. Yet let other characters lie to Chase, and it's the ULTIMATE SIN. Why should Brook-Lynn tell Chase the truth? Chase is pro lying to your loved ones if you think if it's for a good reason.  

Well first:  I don't think Chase is amazing or perfect. So there's that. 

Second of all, I think Chase's lie was stupid  - but it was to give his best friend and the woman he loved the child that they loved their best chance. (I wasn't really watching during that whole shake down so i don't really get why they had to other than Dianne saying that "oh it helps if you are married).

Millow's lie? First they were lying because Chase was sick. (and boohoo we can't tell someone who is sick that I'm gonna dump them that's mean). Then they were lying because Chase was dying even when Chase gave Willow  several outs, no she decided to stay with Chase because she felt sorry for him, and running into Michael's arms saying "I'll only love youuuuuu." Then when it became a proposal and quicky marriage, it was all "Well, he's gonna die anyway so might as well ride it out." Now he's alive and Chase is feeling stronger and what not (other than being in a wheelchair, and now suffering from  depression from not feeling like a real man/husband to Willow, and I am going to assume they are planning to re-affirm their vows, and continue this thing) is just scuzzy. Even if they wanted to go "Our lie is making Chase feel better," well it's not now is it?

I would think it's scuzzy if it were other players involved that I actually liked (coz I'll admit i don't really have a high standard of Michael regardless, and I don't give 2 toots about Willow).  I embrace the soap-y of it. (as this is very much a soapy storyline) but it doesn't change it's scuzzy, and in my opinion. the two involved scuzzy for keeping it a secret. 

I would hope that if my best friend (or as close to it as Chase/BLQ are) - would tell me the truth - or (as it's to quote Carly - not really her (Or Sasha's) truth to tell) - push hard on Willow and/or Michael to try to gently break the truth to Chase, let him be pissed off, and then he moves on, and Willow and Michael and Wiley can go live happily ever after. 

I wouldn't want to plan my life, and be with someone who was in love with another person, dreamt about being with that person and was only with me because they felt sorry for me because i was sick, and then dying, and thought this would have made an awesome parting gift while I went to the white light. I don't think anyone would want that. and that makes it scummy to me. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Well first:  I don't think Chase is amazing or perfect. So there's that. 

Second of all, I think Chase's lie was stupid  - but it was to give his best friend and the woman he loved the child that they loved their best chance. (I wasn't really watching during that whole shake down so i don't really get why they had to other than Dianne saying that "oh it helps if you are married).

Millow's lie? First they were lying because Chase was sick. (and boohoo we can't tell someone who is sick that I'm gonna dump them that's mean). Then they were lying because Chase was dying even when Chase gave Willow  several outs, no she decided to stay with Chase because she felt sorry for him, and running into Michael's arms saying "I'll only love youuuuuu." Then when it became a proposal and quicky marriage, it was all "Well, he's gonna die anyway so might as well ride it out." Now he's alive and Chase is feeling stronger and what not (other than being in a wheelchair, and now suffering from  depression from not feeling like a real man/husband to Willow, and I am going to assume they are planning to re-affirm their vows, and continue this thing) is just scuzzy. Even if they wanted to go "Our lie is making Chase feel better," well it's not now is it?

I would think it's scuzzy if it were other players involved that I actually liked (coz I'll admit i don't really have a high standard of Michael regardless, and I don't give 2 toots about Willow).  I embrace the soap-y of it. (as this is very much a soapy storyline) but it doesn't change it's scuzzy, and in my opinion. the two involved scuzzy for keeping it a secret. 

I would hope that if my best friend (or as close to it as Chase/BLQ are) - would tell me the truth - or (as it's to quote Carly - not really her (Or Sasha's) truth to tell) - push hard on Willow and/or Michael to try to gently break the truth to Chase, let him be pissed off, and then he moves on, and Willow and Michael and Wiley can go live happily ever after. 

I wouldn't want to plan my life, and be with someone who was in love with another person, dreamt about being with that person and was only with me because they felt sorry for me because i was sick, and then dying, and thought this would have made an awesome parting gift while I went to the white light. I don't think anyone would want that. and that makes it scummy to me. 

I'm still not sure how that makes Michael and Willow worse than Chase for his lies.  Chase (and Sasha) took it upon themselves to decide to make a decision for their significant others and break their hearts because they decided what was best, when they could have simply broken up with them and not lied to them.  They felt that their intentions were good, same as Michael and Willow right now. Everyone involved made stupid decisions. I'm not saying Willow and Michael's actions are not moronic, but their reasons are valid. I find it ridiculous that any of the people piling on, calling them the scum of the Earth for lying to Chase, would have been cool with it if Willow had dumped Chase while he was dying just so she could be with Michael. It is a mean thing to do and I'm sure she'd still be called selfish and scuzzy for it. Chase passive aggressively gave Willow outs, but not really. It's not that WIllow has this massive ego and thinks that Chase can't make it without her. This is stuff he's TOLD HER.  If Chase weren't pathetically telling Willow that she was the only person who could help him walk again, she probably would have told him the truth, but she's doing what she thinks is going to help him. Yeah, he's slightly depressed now, but pretty sure it'd be worse if found out the truth. Not that they shouldn't tell him because it's the best of bad options, plus the more this drags on and I have to hear how HORRIBLE Michael and Willow are for a standard soapy lie, the less I like Chase, who is a good character.

A best friend should want to help their friend, and that's what Brook-Lynn kind of thinks she's doing. Plus, it's not that cut and dried, considering Michael is her family. Brook-Lynn has counseled Michael and Willow to tell the truth, but it's not really her business and considering the massive lie she's keeping, I think she's self aware enough to know not to give advice she's not taking. Plus, again, Chase doesn't seem to have a problem with people lying to their loved ones if they decide it's for the best. IMO what's good for the goose...

And, I'm sorry but Chase's line today to Valentin about his illness speeding things up with Willow tells me he knows exactly that Willow only married him because he was dying. How could he not? So, again, Chase isn't some innocent lamb who doesn't have some inkling of why Willow married him. So, yeah, I think a part of Chase was just fine with Willow marrying him being a parting gift. 

So, it's scuzzy to tell a lie and, yet, you were just praising Brook-Lynn. The only issue you seem to have with her is her lying to Chase. Let's not forget her lying to Valentin. Apparently, it's not scuzzy of her to lie to him and let him bond with a baby that isn't his (not that I care much because Valentin is a multiple attempted murderer, but still...) Yes, she's doing it now for more altrusitic reasons, but before she was simply lying to him because she was stupid enough to give him her shares of ELQ and somehow a fake pregnancy was her only plan to get them back. Plenty of characters on this show tell lies (and far worse) but somehow only Michael and Willow are the scum of the Earth.

20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Millow aren't the scum of the earth, but at this point Willow clearly is just too afraid to deal with the scene it will cause and doesn't want to feel shitty. Which is human, but if she can't bring herself to do it she should ask someone else to help her.

okay fair. maybe scum of the earth is pretty mean, but it's still scummy, and really scuzzy. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Let's not forget her lying to Valentin. Apparently, it's not scuzzy of her to lie to him and let him bond with a baby that isn't his (not that I care much because Valentin is a multiple attempted murderer, but still...) Yes, she's doing it now for more altrusitic reasons, but before she was simply lying to him because she was stupid enough to give him her shares of ELQ and somehow a fake pregnancy was her only plan to get them back. Plenty of characters on this show tell lies (and far worse) but somehow only Michael and Willow are the scum of the Earth.

actually, I do think it's scummy that BLQ is letting Valentine bond with that baby, and I have said that she should tell him. and I did say that the plan she came up was wrong in other episodes. I try to be (sometimes i miss something) pretty even with everything. Like i said. I love the soapy nature of it and of right now the Maxie/BLQ storyline and the Q one is my favourites.  

don't like the lying and stuff and most times I call people out on it. (and yeah because it's a soap if everyone told the truth there wouldn't be such soapy secret-y goodness).  Yeah there have been worst lies (and the ones i've seen, I usually call out on. I didn't see the whole Sasha/Chase thing break down, so sorry i wasn't as vocal about that as I was with this).

You clearly don't agree  - which is fine, but i'm not really going to have you defend your thoughts and feelings on why you do or don't either. But i'm sorry that i said they were scum of the earth. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

If Olivia wants Dante to have sparks in his life Sam isn't the place to start with. coughflingwithAnnacough. 

Thank you! Today the scenes with the two of them had me glued to the screen. Snap, crackling and popping with chemistry. Makes me think back to the earlier days with him and Anna and I desperately wanted them to hook up. And even Nathan thrown in there for a threesome.

Ahem, anyway today's show. I liked almost everyone on it, so that was good. I mean no Sonny/Mike or Nixon Falls, no Carly, no Michael, no Willow, no Finn, no Roger Howarth character, no Jax, and no Nina. Okay and no Jason but I would not have minded him and Britt together for sure.  Spencer can kick rocks, but I'm going to be amused at what he considers to be the "biggest rager Port Charles has ever seen". 😂 Okay Lawn Chair Boy. Continuing to like the pool scenes.

I did not like more of the stupidest rewrite ever. What is the point of this? Why did they feel they had to change something so recent? I don't know what story they're going with, but I hate feeling like I'm in the wrong for remembering something I clearly saw with my own two eyes. And is this the only way we could get another Saliz scene? Lame.

I've never really been able to get on board the Ava/Nik train. They just don't seem like they go together. And while I'm sure she loves him, I don't feel any great loss at them not being together.

Well, I guess that puts the nail in the coffin so to speak and they're now going to be full steam ahead for Sam and Dante. Sorry guys.

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

But i'm sorry that i said they were scum of the earth. 

Nah, don't apologize. It was obvious hyperbole. But it made me laugh because I hate Millow that much.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Well, at least they haven't retconned Elizabeth knowing that Nikolas had Hayden shot. Sam continues to be stupid. 

I did not see the show yet, but are we sure about this?  I read a recap/live thread over on SoapCentral, and I'm still not convinced.   

Liz knows that Nikolas did something to cause Hayden to leave town. I vaguely recall him telling her, and her later telling Nikolas to find her sister and bring her back to own. I think Nikolas told her he couldn't find her anymore. Could that be what Liz is referencing?

Again, I did not see the show yet, but it still bothers me that Laura and Sam aren't acting like they know who had Hayden shot. And I can't see the show having Liz know but no one else, esp. when shes' already involved in a crime/coverup. I'm happy to be wrong, but it will be odd to me if just Liz "knows" when so many others do too. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. 

28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Willow hasn't said anything yet imo because she doesn't want to deal with the scene.

I'm disappointed in Willow. When it was the Dawn of Day storyline, she was fierce and strong. Now she's a brainless coward and because of it, the situation keeps getting worse and other people like Sasha, Brook Lynn and Chase are being dragged down.

I think that you could only call Chase passive aggressive if he knew that Willow wanted Michael and pulled tricks to tie her down. But from what I've seen, Chase believes what Willow told him, that she understood what he did and wants to try again with him, that she married him because she loves him, and he wants to get better so that he can be a real husband to her. He has no clue that Willow and Michael are lying to him and by extension so are Sasha and Brook Lynn who know the truth.

All of them are doing Chase a disservice, acting like he's too weak to be told the truth, Brook Lynn particularly who thinks of herself as his friend. (That Sucker Punch Michael is no true friend of Chase goes without saying.)

• Love 7
On 7/26/2021 at 7:22 PM, Artsda said:

Teri in that scene with Britt and Monica made me hate her. She's such a brat using her I have lots of friends as her only chip to use. 

I hate to be cynical, but it feels like the only reason they have this character at all is to check a box.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except they never thought of each other as family. They always had an antagonistic relationship, especially during the original SheBeast's run when Mooby pretty much told Laura she had to work with his new wife at Deception. And they butted heads and didn't like each other at all. I loved Laura's disdain for Cujo.

This newfound "family" nonsense is one of Frank's and his newest head writer, other minions' making and since Genie returned.

I really wish (and I know I said it before) that Laura had held onto her rage and hate toward both Jason and Mooby after Lucky "died" in that fire. It was glorious to see.

Just as Robin finally cutting Mooby out of her life. She would never cut Jason out, and the hypocrite in me is fine with that.

But I can't have nice things.

Laura's rage was a thing of beauty. But it was a long time ago and Lucky is alive, which makes it hard to maintain.

I think I'm projecting a bit of real life into it. I know as I've grown older, I've mellowed towards family that I  avoided decades ago. As grandparents, parents, siblings and friends pass away even the bratty cousin or annoying ex-inlaws are more tolerable. The shared memories are powerful enough to cover a multitude of flaws. 

But it's Carly, so point taken.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I can't wait to see how lame Spencer's epic rager will look. I wonder if he'll go with a Phantom theme.

"Prepare yourself for a rager the likes of which Port Charles has never seen."  He sounds like an old man trying to act like a teenager.

Elizabeth to Cam about his relationship with Josslyn: "Joss is sweet and she's been a really good friend to you."

Me:  I'm gonna have to stop you right there, Elizabeth, because that extended period of time when Joss disregarded Cam's grief over Franco because he dared to believe Jason, a criminal, perpetrated a criminal act, and that he was just wrong to even think that and then when he apologized for thinking that it still wasn't good enough for Princess Josslyn because he actually once thought it.  Thought a criminal acted like a criminal.  In conclusion, Joss is not a good friend.  Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What do you mean? Robin is still on friendly terms with Sonny. At Thanksgiving when she came to PC with the kids (off-screen Noah was an infant), she willingly went over to S&C's house. She agreed, with a smile on her face, to bring Noah over soon because Sonny asked to meet him. 

5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

when she and Jason are both supposed to understand it's just a MOC and not a real marriage?

. If I was Monica, I definitely would have rescinded the offer to Britt after that unprofessional display of walking out in a huff because she didn't get exactly what she wanted. 

You seem to have enjoyed the scene of Britt confronting Jason at the hospital. I'm not sure how Britt trying to prolong her interaction with her hitman almost boyfriend by discussing a personal issue is any more professional than Terri gossiping with Liz. And, speaking of unprofessional, Terri gossiping in between seeing patients strikes me as far less unprofessional as stealing a patient's embryo and implanting it in yourself to hang on to a man that doesn't want you.

I would think, as a Liz fan, it would be seen as kind of flattering that they felt it was important to connect Terri, who was important for being (I believe) the first major trans character played by a trans actor, to someone popular like Liz. 

Because in Carly's heart, it's not a MOC, and Sonny would accuse her of marrying the man she  had always wanted. Carly and Sonny's relationship started with hated sex, when she was jealous of seeing Jason dancing with Elizabeth, and Sonny lied, taunting her about Jason and Liz because he knew she wanted Jason for herself.

Walking out wasn't the right move for Britt, but Monica should also have been upset that Terry brought her son (who is not on staff at GH, and therefore it was highly unprofessional) into the conversation to use as a punch line against Britt.

I thought Jason's WTF reaction to Britt when he was in the elevator was funny.  They came face to face and she asked him a question; she didn't go looking to confront him. She wasn't having a personal conversation at the Nurse's Station, or while patients or other staff members were standing there watching her.  What Britt did with the embryo is a matter of public record and Britt went to prison and in Soap Land USA got her license reinstated. But that's not an issue of Britt's behavior toward Terry, or vise versa. 

What I see is the Show wanting to get credit/ratings/praise for hiring a trans actor, and attempting to manipulate the audience by connecting her to legacy character Elizabeth to do it. I genuinely wonder if the Show is creating this " Soap stereotypical female" (gossipy, attacking her female competition Britt, showing off her dress to the Savoy bartender) personality for Terry in an effort to say to the audience, "We totally gave this trans actor a real female role on GH, so we deserve all the kudos for being woke!"
All it tells me is that their are lazy writers working, and they realized they need a stand-in/talk to friend for Elizabeth since years ago writers killed off her best friend. 

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I think that conversation would have worked better with Bobbie, but since JZ isn't on contract they went with the next possible mother hen type, which in this case is Laura.  

Yes either Carly should have been talking to Bobbie instead, or Bobbie should have been voicing her concerns about the marriage to Laura since Bobbie and Laura have so much history together.  The only reason IMO it ever makes sense for Laura to go to see Carly is if she wants to discuss Lulu. Back when GF was off the show and JMB played Lulu, Lulu was close to Carly as well as Tracy. Carly's relationship with Lulu then (pre-Joss) was similar to her relationship with Joss now. 

3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And, I'm sorry but Chase's line today to Valentin about his illness speeding things up with Willow tells me he knows exactly that Willow only married him because he was dying. How could he not? So, again, Chase isn't some innocent lamb who doesn't have some inkling of why Willow married him. So, yeah, I think a part of Chase was just fine with Willow marrying him being a parting gift. 

I did not interpret it that way at all. It is cannon that Chase was/is in love with Willow and wanted to marry her some day if they worked things out.  Chase believed Willow wanted to be with him because he gave her an out at Christmas and she didn't take it. She said she still loved him but also had feelings for Michael. She and Chase went out to dinner and she willingly kissed him. He was there for her when she was crying over Wiley's "not my real mommy" remark and they also held hands and hugged when he was upset about finding out his mother slept with Finn/Finn could be his bio father. His fever dream after that was Willow moving back in with him.  He believed they were in the beginning of the new start to their relationship that would culminate in marriage, but him dying speeded that up. It doesn't help that Willow keeps telling him she loves him. He feels she's holding something back, he's just not sure what because he hasn't been in a regular, clear state of mind due to being ill in the hospital for so long and now fighting to recover.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Liz knows that Nikolas did something to cause Hayden to leave town. I vaguely recall him telling her, and her later telling Nikolas to find her sister and bring her back to own. I think Nikolas told her he couldn't find her anymore. Could that be what Liz is referencing?

Again, I did not see the show yet, but it still bothers me that Laura and Sam aren't acting like they know who had Hayden shot. And I can't see the show having Liz know but no one else, esp. when shes' already involved in a crime/coverup. I'm happy to be wrong, but it will be odd to me if just Liz "knows" when so many others do too. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. 

I'm not sure where they're going with Liz with this who shot Hayden storyline.  Maybe the Show is re-working it because they can't show the scenes of Liz with TC's Nikolas discussing Hayden? It was deliberate that during the scene with Sam she remembered NIk's voice in a conversation only. 

2 hours ago, tessaray said:

But it's Carly, so point taken.  

🤣😂

• Love 2
(edited)

@Bringonthedrama - Yes, I saw the episdoe on the ABC app. It does seem like Liz will remember Nikolas's role in Hayden's shooting, which is good. That was a huge plot for them to simply ignore. That said, I'm still troubled by the show not acknowledging that several other ppl know too, but it is what it is. It's just very insulting. I don't mind the whole "no body was found so person is resurfaces alive" plots, but to retcon major stories we saw play out like Jake's death and this Hayden stuff??!?!? That's just bad, lazy, insulting writing if you ask me. 

I also agree w/those who called Olivia out on her hypocrisy. She gave Lulu such grief for moving on and divorcing Dante even when it was at Dante's request, but now she's in support of him moving on w/his life?!?! I guess it was okay for Lulu to wait for years for Dante to get better, but Dante can write off Lulu now and it's only been 6 months or so?! I don't think Olivia is necessarily wrong in wanting her son to let go BUT she IS a massive hypocrite! Now that the shoe's on the other foot, I see she's empathetic and understanding. I just wish she had this same energy for Lulu, and I wish she would acknowledge how wrong she was to give Lulu grief for wanting to move on w/her life. Just one sentence acknowledging her hypocrisy is all I'm asking. 

Josslyn is so unlikeable. She has no redeeming qualities and is a mini-Carly. She's insufferable. 

I loved the Nava moment. I want those two reunited. I wonder what Spencer is up to when it comes to Ava. 

I loved Franco, so I loved the Franco talk w/Cameron and Liz. Those were sweet scenes to me. And as a Friz fan, it was nice for them to acknowledge that Liz is still grieving and missing her husband. I appreciated that. She's barely had any scenes re: her grief over her husband, and Carly just spent half an episode talking about Sonny and how much she misses him!! Carly's had multiple episodes to grieve, but Liz barely gets any! 

Valentin has really grown on me. I liked all of his scene today. I loved how he said he wanted Peter dead and buried! Yes, Valentin. Get it done! LOL!

The Brook Lynn/Chase scenes were good. Those two will be good together. But after getting caught, you'd think BL would have been a bit more cautious about stating out loud again that she's not Bailey's mother! I couldn't believe she said it again w/the door wide open! 

I could watch this episode w/o FF'ing or muting anyone so it was a good epsiode to me. LOL! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Never had one, so it may have just looked weird to me, but was BLQ holding that baby properly?! It looked BLQ2 needed more support. 

Never had one either, but I would hope AS knows how to hold a baby since she has one of her own. The baby's head looked kind of weird/large today in general, but that's just me.

Chase is somewhat annoying to me because he's put Willow up on this pedestal. She can never do anything wrong, he loves her so much, blah blah blah. I know it's all going to come crashing down on him but it isn't making me dislike Willow any less. I liked Chase and Willow a lot before they broke up originally, but now the entire quad (+ Brando) is just a big old worthless waste for me. They're all so bland and vanilla. That's why I like BLQ. She has spunk and personality. And snark. 

• Love 2

Okay, I need a 411 on the Hayden shooting.  First, which actor was portraying Nicholas when he shot Hayden? Secondly, who knows that Nicholas shot Hayden? Thirdly, why are the writers rewriting history on a storyline that’s only a few years old? Is it because they brought Shawn back? Obviously, it is but why did they feel the need to do this unless Rebecca Budig is truly coming back which I have no idea if that’s the case or not. I know this a dumb thing to say but it doesn’t make sense and very unnecessary. IMO!

17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Okay, I need a 411 on the Hayden shooting.  First, which actor was portraying Nicholas when he shot Hayden? Secondly, who knows that Nicholas shot Hayden? Thirdly, why are the writers rewriting history on a storyline that’s only a few years old? Is it because they brought Shawn back? Obviously, it is but why did they feel the need to do this unless Rebecca Budig is truly coming back which I have no idea if that’s the case or not. I know this a dumb thing to say but it doesn’t make sense and very unnecessary. IMO!

Nik hired a hitman to shoot Hayden because she knew the truth about “Jason’s” real identity at the time. Tyler was still Nik.  Sam, Drew, Shawn, Laura, Liz, Jax, Finn, Curtis and Hayden all knew in the original story. No one knows, but for me it is one of the worst rewrites in recent history because we saw every single thing unfold on screen. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

Nik hired a hitman to shoot Hayden because she knew the truth about “Jason’s” real identity at the time. Tyler was still Nik.  Sam, Drew, Shawn, Laura, Liz, Jax, Finn, Curtis and Hayden all knew in the original story. No one knows, but for me it is one of the worst rewrites in recent history because we saw every single thing unfold on screen. 

Jeez! I didn’t that many people knew about it. That’s practically the whole cast. It is so weird that they are rewriting this like everyone has amnesia. Unless, Budig is coming back what’s the point? Thanks again.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

What do you mean? Robin is still on friendly terms with Sonny. At Thanksgiving when she came to PC with the kids (off-screen Noah was an infant), she willingly went over to S&C's house. She agreed, with a smile on her face, to bring Noah over soon because Sonny asked to meet him. 

Sorry,  I should have been more clear. Just as Laura’s hate didn’t last, neither did Robin continue to keep Mooby cut off, all forgiveness and nonsense after she was no longer a hostage. I will hate Ron for undoing something that had been long overdue.

• Love 1