Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Finn and Liz aren't there

Those two are so far away from sex even if they weren't handwringing over Unfrozen Popsicle every two seconds.

EDIT: The problem is that they're trying to sell Michael and Willow as this sexy, fun couple who can't keep their hands off each other. When in reality, they're both disgusting for a) getting turned on at extremely inappropriate times, and b) lying to Chase and taking the coward's way out by having an affair behind his back while he's (temporarily) disabled. They kind of are the scum of the earth.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 23

It’s so sad and understandable, but Willow uses Wiley as a crutch.  She truly needs to process her biological child’s death.  The only person who seemed willing to let her do this was Chase.  That scene when he told her her baby was dead was so heartbreaking.  He was just there for her, and let her be.  Michael and the Corinthi did nothing but use Willow and manipulate her in order to hold on to Wiley.  It’s so gross.

• Love 23

Spineless CEO Michael stands there with his balls in his mouth while Willow struggles with the surprise appearance of her mother. Meanwhile, Chase wheels in and is the only one smart enough to confront her. Thank God he's around. 

And still Michael and Willow with the endless moon eyes towards each other from across the room. And no one has noticed after all this time. Please.🌙😖

Edited by seasons
Ew and now they are having sex. Great timing as usual.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It’s so sad and understandable, but Willow uses Wiley as a crutch.  She truly needs to process her biological child’s death.  The only person who seemed willing to let her do this was Chase.  That scene when he told her her baby was dead was so heartbreaking.  He was just there for her, and let her be.  Michael and the Corinthi did nothing but use Willow and manipulate her in order to hold on to Wiley.  It’s so gross.

I was having this argument with someone on twitter (like when they were having Willow fall in love with Michael), i basically said Michael is using Wiley (which is gross) to get Willow. like why is he pushing the adoption so fast. (like why can't she just be the step mom?) why are they pushing him to call her Mommy? Why is she rushing to BE some other Kid's Mom?

The way it's playing out it really seems like the only way Michael knew how to beat Chase - was to use something that Chase didn't have - a child, and a child that Willow was bonding with.  In a way maybe that's why Michaels not pushing her to confront her grief, because maybe if she does, she'll realize that while she loves wiley she doesn't love Michael, and she needs to pull a Kelly and just choose herself.

@statsgirl said it was really creepy and gross how Willow called Jonah "our baby" and I defended it that day but basically how things played out today yeah. it's kinda creepy because it really seems like she can't divorce the two things. in her mind

20 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

They kind of are the scum of the earth.

see?!

21 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Those two are so far away from sex even if they weren't handwringing over Unfrozen Popsicle every two seconds.

i gave you a :D sign but then you edited so i gave you a <3 instead. . 

it also doesn't help that Millow has zero chemistry. usually in a triangle I can almost always see both sides of it and you want the (One they are trying to put together), but you also like chem (of the other side). Like on OLTL I didn't like Antonio but at least Jessica and Antonio had some chemistry (and Jessica had the presence of mind before to realize she had no business adoption Antonio's daughter when she was still so screwed up with her feelings with Antonio + Nash). 

hate Michael but if he was actually doing the best thing for Willow (suggesting to get her therapy, waiting to adopt Wiley until she processed everything, ... actually having chemistry with Willow). then the stolen kisses etc etc etc, would be kinda hot and soapy and you can see why they are drawn together.But not the case at all. 

Just now, seasons said:

Why couldn't Nina be at Wiley's party? 

because she wanted to "Support Lenny"
aka Be with Mike. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, seasons said:

Thanks, @Daisy

Ugh. So she chose the day of his party to see Lenny and Mike. Please.

Can't wait to see Michael and weepy Willow busted. No moon eyes can make up for the fact they are actually married.

well she went before the birthday party - to be all supporty, she wasn't even with Mike + Lenny + Phyllis for the procedure. She was "opening up the bar." (no one ever goes to that bar anyway). be at the damned hospital. 

but you are welcome :D

(also Michael/Willow aren't married, but i knew what you meant)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, seasons said:

Oh gosh, I should be more specific! I.meant Willow and Chase being married! 

Thanks again @Daisy!

Who was the father of Willow's biological baby? I.thought it was Shiloh.

yeah it was Shiloh 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

For fuck's sake, I am SO TIRED of watching Willow and Michael writhe against each other. Does nobody else on this show have sex?? And to abandon Wiley's birthday party to do it is trash, I'm sorry. Brook Lynn and Valentin shouldn't have to pick up Michael and Willow's parenting slack here.

What they did IS trash, absolutely. I gasped when Brooklyn was telling Nina via phone that Wiley was about to start opening his presents ... and there's Willow and Michael having sex in her bedroom, after she was just crying her eyes out over seeing her mother and that her bio son is dead. I hope Chase catches them in the act, with Austin's help, and tells them he's done with them both. Willow and Michael deserve to feel like garbage.

52 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

EDIT: The problem is that they're trying to sell Michael and Willow as this sexy, fun couple who can't keep their hands off each other. When in reality, they're both disgusting for a) getting turned on at extremely inappropriate times, and b) lying to Chase and taking the coward's way out by having an affair behind his back while he's (temporarily) disabled. They kind of are the scum of the earth.

Totally agree.

42 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

He was just there for her, and let her be.  Michael and the Corinthi did nothing but use Willow and manipulate her in order to hold on to Wiley.  It’s so gross.

Yup.

31 minutes ago, seasons said:

Spineless CEO Michael stands there with his balls in his mouth while Willow struggles with the surprise appearance of her mother. Meanwhile, Chase wheels in and is the only one smart enough to confront her. Thank God he's around. 

And still Michael and Willow with the endless moon eyes towards each other from across the room. And no one has noticed after all this time. Please.🌙😖

Yup.

I'm confused by what I think is another retcon. The last time Willow and Harmony saw each other was before Willow and Michael's MoC wedding.  They were getting along better; Willow even said something about starting to get her mother back. I think Harmony was on parole and Cyrus had a hand in that?

Now Harmony has been talking like she's been in Pentonville all this time? And Willow's tipping point for the day is her mother showing up at Wiley's birthday party? You would think that Willow hasn't seen her since running away from Shiloh and the cult.

I HATE that Jason and Carly were sharing all of Willow's personal business with Valentin. Even if it's a matter of public record, it's not their story to tell.  I almost laughed at the hypocrisy at Carly judging Harmony as a mother, and saying Harmony deserved to go to jail.  It gives me some consolation that she's jealous and hurt/upset that Jason is dwelling on the pain he caused Britt.  ALSO - if this is supposed to be a big 3rd birthday celebration for Wiley, why is Jason leaving before it starts and where are Ned, Grandma Bobbie and Uncle Lucas (who?), cousins Jake, Danny and Scout, Aunt Kristina,  Aunt Josslyn, and Aunt Avery (who's living with Carly at the moment!).

Shut UP Stella. What is she going to do next, lock Curtis and Jordan in a room until she hears them promise her they're going to move back in together and work on their marriage? Poor Trina, hearing Stella confront her mom about cheating on her dad with Curtis. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm confused by what I think is another retcon. The last time Willow and Harmony saw each other was before Willow and Michael's MoC wedding.  They were getting along better; Willow even said something about starting to get her mother back. I think Harmony was on parole and Cyrus had a hand in that?

Now Harmony has been talking like she's been in Pentonville all this time? And Willow's tipping point for the day is her mother showing up at Wiley's birthday party? You would think that Willow hasn't seen her since running away from Shiloh and the cult.

This wasn't the last scene they had together, but it made today look completely wonky.

• Love 3
On 7/31/2021 at 11:41 PM, Tenshinhan said:

I think that instead of a rewrite, I would have preferred a storyline that dealt with those white folks coming to terms with their knowledge now that Shawn's out of prison.  Let the characters do some serious self-reflection about their Whiteness and racial bias as they begin to question themselves and the world around them.  And instead of searching for Hayden's shooter, Shawn could spend his time readjusting to life on the outside as a Black man in society, and use his experiences with the justice system as motivation to create change.  Maybe also begin to question his own personal life, like his relationships with all of the white people in Port Charles who knew he was innocent.  Or why he chose to take the fall for a white man and his organization in the first place.  

Oh this would be a GREAT story.  Yeah.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

This is a shame, because Liz Fin are gonna be HOT.  IMO.  

• Love 2

For as hard as Nina fought to see Wiley, I'd have thought she'd make an effort to be at his birthday party, even if only to make an appearance. There are commuter planes between Llanview and Port Charles, after all.

22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I feel they just wanted some drama to get Willow and Michael into bed. Like it would never have happened if it hadn't been for Harmony. 

They got horny when they were painting the nursery. They got hot when Willow's new mattress was delivered. The show goes to a lot of effort to prove these two can't keep their hands off each other, but they're blander than Private Mayo himself, Dillon as played by Robert Palmer Watkins.

LOL that Jason has to keep reminding Carly he's not exactly thrilled with the MOC, but he's gritting his teeth and bearing it for the greater good.

Willow, if you don't know how to feel about stuff, that's a good indication you should talk to a professional to sort your feelings out. 

Another LOL at Nina's face when Carly showed up in the background of the call and Mike was walking toward Nina. That was well-played by CW.

• Love 9

What was Willow's meltdown today even about? Seeing her mother triggered a memory of Chase telling her her baby was dead?!? Was that it? I was honestly lost as to why she was flipping out.  It made no sense to me, but I really don't pay attn to Willow/Millow scenes so maybe I missed something. All I know is her meltdown/crying fit annoyed me and had me rolling my eyes.

And I find a lot of Willow's dialogue (the past two episodes) about her actual dead baby disingenuous since she has essentially replaced her dead baby w/Wiley. Maybe if the show had actually permitted her to separate herself from Michael (and his baby mama drama), get some distance from his problem and situation, process her own child's death, and THEN come back in Wiley's life, I would feel she was healthy and hadn't replaced her son w/Wiley but that's not what happened. She forgot about her son (as far as I'm concerned) and replaced him w/Wiley. As I said, I just rolled my eyes as Willow was crying and thought (as I have since the reveal) how much she would benefit from some intense therapy. She is easily frazzled and quick to meltdown. How did she ever cope as a teacher? How will she handle disappointments as a nurse? 

And I couldn't agree more w/everyone who thought it was trashy of Millow to ditch THEIR CHILD'S birthday party to have sex. Who does that? That was not sexy and hot! It was rude. They had a house full of guests - many of whom decided to leave b/c the parents were nowhere to be found and had ditched the party too! What about precious Wiley? Guess they forgot all about him! And does Willow care nothing about Chase? I know the answer (she doesn't), but isn't she supposed to fake like she cares about him?! Does she think he can't make it to that guesthouse or whatever so he won't ever see her kissing/having sex w/Michael?!? Is that it? They can't wait to have sex or do it somewhere else? Ugh . . . these two! Millow are such cowardly pieces of trash. The writing does them NO favors AFAIC, and I agree w/most everyone else in that they are severely lacking chemistry. These sex scenes do absolutely nothing for me. I want a NAVA sex scene! 

I also thought Portia had a lot of nerve asking Jordan if they could still be friends. Portia knows Jordan did not want to get the divorce. She knows Jordan still wants to be married to Curtis so why she thought it was appropriate to ask Jordan to maintain the friendship is beyond me?!? It was a bit insane. I was happy Jordan shut her down.  

I wish the show would stop the teases. We all know Carly is not gonna see Sonny tomorrow so why are they faking like that will happen?! It's just annoying. I think it would benefit soaps to move past some of this soap tropes and cliches. 

I wonder if Austin will catch Millow in the act tomorrow and then use that info against Michael. We all know Michael is easily blackmailed b/c he's such a punk and a loser! I guess we'll see. I like Austin. I still don't know if he's a good guy yet. Hopefully, he's gray. LOL!

Edited by lala2
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I also thought Portia had a lot of nerve asking Jordan if they could still be friends. Portia knows Jordan did not want to get the divorce. She knows Jordan still wants to be married to Curtis so why she thought it was appropriate to ask Jordan to maintain the friendship is beyond me?!? It was a bit insane. I was happy Jordan shut her down.  

yeah. honestly considering they were making Portia/Jordan friends, you would have thought it would have been at least a conversation about it. you know girls before guys and all of that jazz, but it was just like awww you found out, friends, aww pout you don't wanna be my friend :( like No Portia. would you want to be HER friend?

and Curtis's whole "wait you wouldn't have signed the divorce papers because i wasn't ready to move on?" of course not dummy. (though honestly, i wouldn't want to be with Curtis is he's that easy to move on anyway but that's just me).

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

she needs to pull a Kelly and just choose herself.

Please. Kelly never chose herself. She just said she was choosing herself and right away, hooked herself up with Colin.

Oh joy! Another retcon. Willow and Harmony did see each other sometime last year when the actors returned on set. She found out about her marriage to the WSLS and they left on good terms. There was something about her leaving because Cyrus was having her do some bad stuff, Jordan? or someone put a stop to it, and she left so Willow would be safe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Millow... Just ick.

During their kids birthday party.

While her husband is there. 

After she sees her mom and is remembering the loss of her biological kid. 

Are there people who actually think they're hot? Didn't they also make out after talking about Maxie's missing kid? It's just so gross that trauma, involving children is their aphrodisiac. 

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There was something about her leaving because Cyrus was having her do some bad stuff, Jordan? or someone put a stop to it, and she left so Willow would be safe.

Jason told Valentin that Cyrus had forced her to work for him to protect Willow. I wish that they had let it at that instead of vilifying Harmony today. It's a wonder Carly wasn't struck by lightening.

When Monica said that the house had sheltered people who had done bad things before, she looked at Valentin. I was waiting for her to look pointedly at Carly too. And what is the point of retconing that Willow was on good terms with her mother last time they saw each other? So Michael can save her?

Trina won me today by not wanting to talk to Curtis about his relationship with her mother . Ewwww, I'm sure Trina would like to forget it exists. Curtis is like a 12 year-old girl always wanting to talk about his crush on Portia. Portia is pretty bad too expecting Jordan to maintain the friendship after taking her man.

Proximity to Sonny kills brain cells. Otherwise it would have occurred to Nina to just step outside to talk to Wylie

Co-sign on the squickiness of Millow sex when 1. Willow is overwhelmed by grief at losing her child and 2. there is a party waiting for them to return. The Millow relationship, encouraged by Carly, is all kinds of wrong. Is the actress deliberately showing Willow as someone in great psychological trouble with her posture and voice?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Who in the hell is writing this dreck?!

There's an old theory that if you put an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters one of them will write the Great American Novel. Another monkey will write a GH script.

• LOL 13
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

I feel they just wanted some drama to get Willow and Michael into bed. Like it would never have happened if it hadn't been for Harmony. 

Rather than having this nonsense of Willow spiraling from seeing Harmony, they should have actually used what happened last week. Willow doesn't want to have her mom around and as Harmony tries to bridge the gap between them, she mentions that she came from visiting the grave of Willow's son.

Then Willow is once again confronted with the fact that she is celebrating Wylie's birthday on the day that her son died. The grief that she had only allowed herself to feel when Chase had to tell her the truth about Nelle switching the babies.

Willow is trying to numb her pain by having sex with Michael. Michael isn't helping her by trying to make her feel better with having sex with her. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7

So that was...really bad.  I mean, I get grief sex.  I even get secretive grief sex.  But secretive grief sex during your toddler's birthday party?   I would like some of what the writers are smoking if they think that's a. hot and b. something to root for.  Because I don't think Millow has ever been MORE unlikable--and that's saying a lot.

Also super eyerolling that they basically used Harmony and retconned her and Willow's last scenes in order to make this sex happen.  "I know you're grieving your son and shocked to see your mother and have conflicting feelings for her...and I know we need to get back to Wiley's party, but this has got me so horny, let's go upstairs and DO IT!"...said no one ever.

Seriously, I hope Austin sees this and blackmails Michael.  Serve him right.  Actually, I think this should be an ongoing theme of the show, re people seeing Michael do something and blackmail him.  He's proven he'll basically pout for 3 seconds and then give in, so I say go for it, citizens of PC.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously, I hope Austin sees this and blackmails Michael.  Serve him right.  Actually, I think this should be an ongoing theme of the show, re people seeing Michael do something and blackmail him.  He's proven he'll basically pout for 3 seconds and then give in, so I say go for it, citizens of PC.

I would LOVE it if Austin blackmails Michael. Michael is such a wienie, as well as being a pathetic human being. Chase today showed so much more concern for Willow than Michael did. Chase told Harmony to scram while Michael did nothing.

I thought Jason's defense of Harmony was pretty interesting. Carly's self-satisfied comments that Harmony deserved going to jail were hilariously in character for her—no one cares what you think, Carly!—but Jason treated Harmony pretty fairly, I thought. She did some bad stuff, she tried to make up for it. He was genuinely sympathetic to her situation. I wonder if Awesome Writer snuck in that bit. Clearly AW was missing when they retconned Harmony's relationship with Willow. (I think they were on fairly decent terms; I think they were definitely good enough that Willow wouldn't go to pieces if Harmony showed up at her doorstep.)

• Love 7

Michael and Willow are like the worst couple to have those stupid longing glances across the room.  Because all Michael can ever portray is the dipshit eeyore mope, or his sexay times "whoa, boobiesss" face.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Wylie would have been leaps and bounds better off if he had remained Wylie Cooper-Jones than Wylie Corinthos. 

The people around him are selfish to the extreme. Grandma Carly is busy trying to mark her territory when it comes to him. Grandma Nina would rather be with Grandpa Sonny, who doesn't care about remembering his past, than being with her grandkid. Mommy Willow uses Wylie to forget that she actually lost her own child. Daddy douchebag waves Wylie in front of Mommy Willow's face to keep her. 

This is Wylie's first birthday as Michael's son, but he is busy fucking Willow instead of being with his son. Real nice! 

Honestly, I'm not sure that we are supposed to be rooting with Willow and Michael. I don't care if they wuv each other. Cheating is cheating. But it's good that Michael thinks that the only therapy Willow needs for her grief is his shlong.

I'm expecting a pregnancy out of this because this is how the show rolls. There's only one woman currently pregnant and she's all set to pop. We need a replacement stat for that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 14

I'm thanking the soap gods that we were (hopefully) spared a Britt pregnancy which definitely would have resulted in a WTD. I guess they figured that after her diagnosis and with her being an OB/GYN, they really couldn't justify her being that stupid to not be using birth control. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ok I am officially over Aunt Stella. I don’t care if she feels guilt for giving Curtis and Jordan a hard time, that’s her issue and she needs to deal with it. Now she’s messing with my girl Trina and I’ve just had it. Whatever happened between Trina’s parents/Curtis in their adult relationship is THEIR business. Not some random nosy who just decided to insert herself. Mind your own fucking business! 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Ok I am officially over Aunt Stella.

Same here. I grew up with the Actress (Vernee Watson) and happy to see a mature, female POC getting so much work (she's also a Lead on Bob Hearts Abishola). But as a true veteran in this medium she deserves so much better than this dreck. Aunt Stella doesn't have to be a Saint like Mary Mae Ward, just write her like a normal person. Can it be that difficult?

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 12

Just getting caught up on the episodes and I have a whole bunch of observations:

1. They are going to make Chase into a mopey loser who pretends to be disabled to keep Willow married to him, aren't they?
  2. Austin is totally going to be the next in line to blackmail Michael over his tryst with Chase's wife.
  3. I don't have anything against Millow. And I've always found Chad Duell cute. The endless jokes about his looks and physique are not cool.
  4. Still no Lucas at his one-time son/now great-nephew's birthday party, even though last Christmas he was supposed to take on more of a presence in Wiley's life. 
  5. I haven't forgotten about Valentin's origins, especially his sins that played out ONSCREEN, and no amount of sweeping it under the rug will change that.
  6. Speaking of stuff that took place onscreen, I just cannot believe they are retconning two different plots (Hayden's shooting and Willow's relationship with Harmony) concurrently.
  7. I like nuSpencer, and he has a nice vibe with Trina - she is totally going to be his Achilles heel - but do they really have to write him as so creepy? It was one thing when Nicolas Bechtel was playing him, because he was hard to take seriously, but this guy towers over everyone in the cast and makes Spencer a lot more intimidating, especially since we in the audience know the lengths he's gone to, including terrorizing his own little cousin Avery.
  8. Are they building to a body image issue with Cameron? He's always keeping his shirt on at the pool. At first I thought it was just his age because the teen actresses were also in wraps but they've since been in their bikinis while Cam stays fully clothed. It'd be something different to explore and a first for American soaps with a male character, if I'm not mistaken.
  9. Finn and Liz don't interest me in the slightest. A great big Fizzle, if you will. I enjoy both characters separately but not together. Just once, characters of the opposite sex can be friends without getting romantically involved.
  10. All the Black actors/characters being fenced into scenes by themselves remind me of Y&R's Winters Wednesdays. Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled to finally see a soap pay more than lip service to racial diversity but there's a reason why that usually goes hand in hand with inclusion. This doesn't feel like it.
  11. Can they just cut the damn cord with Curtis and Jordan already? Either they're on or they're not.
  12. I really hope Trina isn't Curtis's. Especially when he's sat right opposite Shawn who had that exact same story play out. Get some originality, for crying out loud.
  13. Can Sasha get Brando a job as a spokesmodel? I feel like it's a better fit for him than bodyguard/mob hitman.
Edited by Aymery
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Aymery said:

Just once, characters of the opposite sex can be friends without getting romantically involved.

This is how I feel about Chase and BLQ, even though everyone seems to want them as a couple. They just work so well as BFF's. Hugely supportive of one another. I don't feel the chemistry between them as romantic at all.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Aymery said:

I like nuSpencer, and he has a nice vibe with Trina - she is totally going to be his Achilles heel - but do they really have to write him as so creepy? It was one thing when Nicolas Bechtel was playing him, because he was hard to take seriously, but this guy towers over everyone in the cast and makes Spencer a lot more intimidating, especially since we in the audience know the lengths he's gone to, including terrorizing his own little cousin Avery.

While Ava was scared out of her mind by the teddy bear with Ryan’s voice, Avery was happy to find it and only gave to Dante because he needed it to solve a case. She will probably ask about it in the same way that she asked about the necklace that she found in the woods before Nina took ownership of it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Aymery said:

Just getting caught up on the episodes and I have a whole bunch of observations:

1. They are going to make Chase into a mopey loser who pretends to be disabled to keep Willow married to him, aren't they?
  2. Austin is totally going to be the next in line to blackmail Michael over his tryst with Chase's wife.
  3. I don't have anything against Millow. And I've always found Chad Duell cute. The endless jokes about his looks and physique are not cool.
  4. Still no Lucas at his one-time son/now great-nephew's birthday party, even though last Christmas he was supposed to take on more of a presence in Wiley's life. 
  5. I haven't forgotten about Valentin's origins, especially his sins that played out ONSCREEN, and no amount of sweeping it under the rug will change that.
  6. Speaking of stuff that took place onscreen, I just cannot believe they are retconning two different plots (Hayden's shooting and Willow's relationship with Harmony) concurrently.
  7. I like nuSpencer, and he has a nice vibe with Trina - she is totally going to be his Achilles heel - but do they really have to write him as so creepy? It was one thing when Nicolas Bechtel was playing him, because he was hard to take seriously, but this guy towers over everyone in the cast and makes Spencer a lot more intimidating, especially since we in the audience know the lengths he's gone to, including terrorizing his own little cousin Avery.
  8. Are they building to a body image issue with Cameron? He's always keeping his shirt on at the pool. At first I thought it was just his age because the teen actresses were also in wraps but they've since been in their bikinis while Cam stays fully clothed. It'd be something different to explore and a first for American soaps with a male character, if I'm not mistaken.
  9. Finn and Liz don't interest me in the slightest. A great big Fizzle, if you will. I enjoy both characters separately but not together. Just once, characters of the opposite sex can be friends without getting romantically involved.
  10. All the Black actors/characters being fenced into scenes by themselves remind me of Y&R's Winters Wednesdays. Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled to finally see a soap pay more than lip service to racial diversity but there's a reason why that usually goes hand in hand with inclusion. This doesn't feel like it.
  11. Can they just cut the damn cord with Curtis and Jordan already? Either they're on or they're not.
  12. I really hope Trina isn't Curtis's. Especially when he's sat right opposite Shawn who had that exact same story play out. Get some originality, for crying out loud.
  13. Can Sasha get Brando a job as a spokesmodel? I feel like it's a better fit for him than bodyguard/mob hitman.

I don't know. They already had Curtis say " we have that in common" yesterday when Trina apologized for being blunt and asking about Portia and his relationship. 

19 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

They already had Curtis say " we have that in common" yesterday when Trina apologized for being blunt

Because god knows Taggert was never blunt, right? I'm sure you're right that it was an anvil, still, it's silly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

It's a pretty bad day when Willow and Michael out-asshole Spencer in the same episode.  Although I love that Chase knows Willow is an adulterer because Michael was stupid/careless on the first floor and then he heard them talking.  She can't deny the adultery since they left the ripped condom wrapper behind.  I....think....I like the dynamic between Chase and Austin. Chase needs a friend right now.  I hope Chase makes them suffer, once he gets past the initial pain that "Willow is in love with Michael."  I don't see how anyone can see Michael as a "good guy" now - no remorse about sleeping with Chase's wife, and no remorse for ditching his own son's birthday party for so long people were wondering what happened to them.

Poor Trina.  Stella should feel awful. In Trina's shoes, I would have run away from them both, too.

I can't tell if Willow's last look when BL said she doesn't know where Chase is, was guilt or worry. 

So, were/are Phyllis and Lenny really, truly all alone in the world until "Smike" and Nina came to Nixon Falls? No friends nor family ever who cared for them? Nixon Fails, indeed.

FYI - Last approx. 20 min. of Show pre-empted because of Pentagon bus station shooting press conference.

• Love 8

Curtis, oh shut up. You knew that Jordan was never pro ending your marriage, stop acting like this is news. Honestly, Portia, and Jordan. you can do much better than him

oohhhoohoooo - Chase + Austin saw Michael's shirt ooh and his belt. Honestly if it were me. I would sit on the stairs, and have them walk down and be like. Ohh...(or take his shirt and belt to the house, and be like. oh did you lose these?).  Kinda wish Austin helped him up the stairs and that drama would have boiled down gloriously. Chase darlin' it's time to burst that bubble. Even if they "wuv" each other they are cheating. 

Also. Austin "at least they were safe." i legit laughed out loud hard at that. 

I will say - no matter how much dreamy music they play - Millow is never going to work for me. And once again - if they wanted to be together, they should have just been honest when Chase gave Willow an out several times. No, y'all. you didn't try. When Chase went "do you want to marry me?" Willow you could have said no. When Chase said "Do you feel the same way?" you could have said no. It is not okay that y'all are hiding it. Man my hand is itchy to slap them.  

Trina's heart is breaking.  - I will say - sweetie you don't get to know everything about your mom and stufff. Like it's not information you are privy too. (This is great advice that Spencer is giving Trina) 

Honestly, i do get where Stella is coming from, but also i feel the way she's doing it is soooooo wrong. also yeah these conversations totally need to be happening in like tech rooms or something lol. (I know it's soapy but still) having it in the hall way is like dudes. Stella needs to back off of this now. 

Carly wanted to pee on Wiley again and mark her gramma territory and then again get slapped down that Nina actually left because she wanted to take care of a friend. (haah).

Nixon Fails boring. 

Joss: you is spoiled too, girl. shut up. 

Wiley is spoiled every day. shut up. 

Please Chase. Please just go to them and go look. I know, get an annulment, and we'll go our separate ways and I never want to talk to y'all again. 

Today was soapy and i loved it even though a lot of stuff made me rage, i did have a lot of omgs, and ooohs, and laughed at lines. 

• Love 10

Sigh. You remember that terrible storyline that landed us with Charlotte? How Nathan (my word but that man was beautiful) found out that useless character, Claudette was having an affair with that other useless character Griffin and so Nathan shot Griffin? Why can't Chase be a bit more like Nathan in this situation? But, be sober so it doesn't just wound Michael. End his lineage. Salt the earth. 

Only downside is that would make Chase a murderer, but I've been expected to overlook worse on this show so I'm sure I could force myself. OOOH! And have Carly so grief-stricken about the death of her son that she goes nuts and ends up a wig on a stick.  Joss can go away for college because staying in PC just brings up too many memories. Willow can feel so guilty that she refuses to testify against Chase. Jason can assume the shooting was one of Sonny's enemies and that's the push he needs to get out of "the business" and he starts wearing sweaters and goes back to medical school. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I'm actually liking Todd Franco Austin telling Chase Millow isn't worth damaging his body.

Stella needs to STFU.

The mere mention of a hypothetical Jason/Carly baby as me reaching for a cross. If that wouldn't be anti-christ, who would be?

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 11

Y'all, Roger Howarth really got paid today to handle Michael's empty condom wrapper, I caaaan't. I'm so glad Chase knows what's up and it is nice that Austin was there to help him through it, but that whole scene in the bedroom was skeevy. The camera angle putting the viewer watching Austin and Chase examine the sex-rumpled sheets from the window felt very voyeuristic and invasive. Two people just fucked in that room and I'm surprised GH went into the nitty-gritty details of the aftermath.

I'm guessing that based on Chase's furious look at the end, we're heading towards him hatching some sort of revenge on Willow and Michael. Which I think would be out of character for him, but I'm expecting it to happen so that he becomes the bad guy here. Can't have the anointed "perfect" couple feel any more guilt for their actions than they already have, and pivoting to Chase as a schemer is a tidy way of cleaning things up. The show will throw him under the bus in a heartbeat to keep Michael happy, let's be real.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, Linny said:

Y'all, Roger Howarth really got paid today to handle Michael's empty condom wrapper, I caaaan't. I'm so glad Chase knows what's up and it is nice that Austin was there to help him through it, but that whole scene in the bedroom was skeevy. The camera angle putting the viewer watching Austin and Chase examine the sex-rumpled sheets from the window felt very voyeuristic and invasive. Two people just fucked in that room and I'm surprised GH went into the nitty-gritty details of the aftermath.

I'm guessing that based on Chase's furious look at the end, we're heading towards him hatching some sort of revenge on Willow and Michael. Which I think would be out of character for him, but I'm expecting it to happen so that he becomes the bad guy here. Can't have the anointed "perfect" couple feel any more guilt for their actions than they already have, and pivoting to Chase as a schemer is a tidy way of cleaning things up. The show will throw him under the bus in a heartbeat to keep Michael happy, let's be real.

I think they are more throwing Austin under the bus that him. He was ready to let it go and defending them and Austin was questioning that.

• Love 1

My show was interrupted (I'm in the DMV) b/c of a shooting/stabbing at the Pentagon/metro, but I was enjoying what I saw today for the most part. 

I'm beyond thrilled Chase knows. It's about time. And I like how Austin was handling the situation and how he was advising Chase. I liked him pointing out that Chase didn't need to see them in bed and that Chase didn't need to reverse all his hard work b/c of Millow. From what I could tell, it seems like Austin may convince Chase to exact some kind of revenge. I'm here for it. LOL! I hate Millow, and yes, I know Chase will be the "bad guy," but as long as they don't completely ruin him, I'll be fine w/it.  

I actually listened to Millow for a bit, and I hate that they had Willow say she should have told Chase the truth the minute she realized she loved Michael w/o taking it further. They are still faking like Willow only figured out she loved Michael and didn't love Chase right before Chase fell ill. We all know that is not true!! I would appreciate this show so much more if they had Willow say, "No, Michael. I knew well before Chase got sick. I was just playing games b/c I didn't know if you loved me too." I'm not saying I would like Willow, but I would appreciate the honesty. I would appreciate the acknowledgment of what was written and shown on screen. At no time during this "reconciliation" have I EVER thought Willow was conflicted btw Chase and Michael. She has clearly been interested in Michael and using Chase. Having her acknowledge that would go a huge step in humanizing her, not this narrative that she only realized after having sex w/Michael that she wanted Michael and not Chase. That liar has known this for months! She's been playing and using Chase for months! 

Oh, and that lame "promise." Girl, your problems are self-inflicted! If you're stuck in the same place next year, that's on you, not anyone else. I hate Willow. 

I wasn't able to see the whole scene but Spencer was giving Trina some good advice. 

Stella's a busybody, but it's not like she knew Trina was standing there. I don't think she had any reason to apologize. I liked her talk w/Portia. They both gave as good as they got. 

Poor Jordan! I wish she hadn't let Auntie Stella convince her that she had given up too quickly. Curtis was NEVER - as far as I'm concerned - interested in rebuilding/repairing their relationship. Jordan knew it too. She was right to let him go, but now she knows for sure. 

Do Josslyn/Cam like Spencer? Josslyn is so nasty to him all the time. If these four are friends, the writers need to write them like friends. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Linny said:

yeah I was surprised they went there. (goodness they couldn't even have made up the bed).  - but i also think they truly wanted to drive home the fact that sex was had. Like you couldn't make up excuses/reasons why his shirt/belt was off - like it was off, there was a used condom wrapper, and the bed was slept in (dude. at least make up the bed). 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

They are still faking like Willow only figured out she loved Michael and didn't love Chase right before Chase fell ill. We all know that is not true!! I would appreciate this show so much more if they had Willow say, "No, Michael. I knew well before Chase got sick. I was just playing games b/c I didn't know if you loved me too." I'm not saying I would like Willow, but I would appreciate the honesty. I would appreciate the acknowledgment of what was written and shown on screen. A

exactly. Chase was never more than a safety net for her so she wouldn't be alone if Michael had chosen Sasha over her. and i'm the same way - admit that part at least, but stop making it sound like "oh he was sick." and bull and poo that y'all love/care about him and this is "tough." life is tough. pull up your panties and socks, and ope your mouth and deal with the flack. what y'all WANT to do is still look innocent/martyrish (which Sasha and BLQ and Carly are all too happy to do). 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

My show was interrupted (I'm in the DMV) b/c of a shooting/stabbing at the Pentagon/metro, but I was enjoying what I saw today for the most part. 

I'm beyond thrilled Chase knows. It's about time. And I like how Austin was handling the situation and how he was advising Chase. I liked him pointing out that Chase didn't need to see them in bed and that Chase didn't need to reverse all his hard work b/c of Millow. From what I could tell, it seems like Austin may convince Chase to exact some kind of revenge. I'm here for it. LOL! I hate Millow, and yes, I know Chase will be the "bad guy," but as long as they don't completely ruin him, I'll be fine w/it.  

I actually listened to Millow for a bit, and I hate that they had Willow say she should have told Chase the truth the minute she realized she loved Michael w/o taking it further. They are still faking like Willow only figured out she loved Michael and didn't love Chase right before Chase fell ill. We all know that is not true!! I would appreciate this show so much more if they had Willow say, "No, Michael. I knew well before Chase got sick. I was just playing games b/c I didn't know if you loved me too." I'm not saying I would like Willow, but I would appreciate the honesty. I would appreciate the acknowledgment of what was written and shown on screen. At no time during this "reconciliation" have I EVER thought Willow was conflicted btw Chase and Michael. She has clearly been interested in Michael and using Chase. Having her acknowledge that would go a huge step in humanizing her, not this narrative that she only realized after having sex w/Michael that she wanted Michael and not Chase. That liar has known this for months! She's been playing and using Chase for months! 

Oh, and that lame "promise." Girl, your problems are self-inflicted! If you're stuck in the same place next year, that's on you, not anyone else. I hate Willow. 

I wasn't able to see the whole scene but Spencer was giving Trina some good advice. 

Stella's a busybody, but it's not like she knew Trina was standing there. I don't think she had any reason to apologize. I liked her talk w/Portia. They both gave as good as they got. 

Poor Jordan! I wish she hadn't let Auntie Stella convince her that she had given up too quickly. Curtis was NEVER - as far as I'm concerned - interested in rebuilding/repairing their relationship. Jordan knew it too. She was right to let him go, but now she knows for sure. 

Do Josslyn/Cam like Spencer? Josslyn is so nasty to him all the time. If these four are friends, the writers need to write them like friends. 

The writers don't remember what we saw on our screens. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think they are more throwing Austin under the bus that him. He was ready to let it go and defending them and Austin was questioning that.

I mean, knowing this show, probably. But Todd Franco Austin to me was saying the right stuff and if Todd Franco Austin had it his way Chase wouldn't have even gone up the stairs (yeah, he helped him but Chase is an adult and felt like Austin was respecting that.) Millow are making a fool out of Chase. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I grew up with the Actress (Vernee Watson) and happy to see a mature, female POC getting so much work

That is pretty cool!  And yes, the actress is really good and I thought she was excellent in the Mike story (she even made Sonny bearable).  But this she’s taken too far.  It’s ridiculous.  I loved Curtis’ face when she came running into Kelly’s like “what the hell did you do NOW?!”

Today was the first day I liked nuSpencer.  He gave Trina good advice.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5