Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

NuSpencer is great and the kid playing him is gorgeous, period.  I wish they'd cut out some of the rough edges on Joss because I like the actress, and no one was asking for a second Carly.   But that doesn't bother me too much and I like her with Cam.  I love Trina.  I think this is all working really well.  I wouldn't mind if they SORAS'd Emma too.   I love Britt and I think her relationship with Terry is going to end up being a great friendship actually.  I think Sonny works better with Nina than he did with LW's Carly, those two just don't have chemistry anymore.  If they ever did, I'm not sure.  I LOVE Finn and Liz.  I am very open to Dante and Sam...a lot of stuff is just really working for me right now on GH.  I don't miss an episode and there was many a year I couldn't say that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, driver18 said:

I thought this was an awesome episode... yeah, *sigh* I'm about outta here. Sorry ya'll don't enjoy the show. 😥 I really am. I just think GH is fabulous soap right now and has been for months.

I enjoy your posts even though, as @Asp Burger said, that's kinda the way the internet goes. We love our snarky commentary.

I'm a little behind so I haven't seen the last couple of episodes. I could live without Sean and the teens but am liking Finn and Liz, Valentin and Anna, BLQ & BLQ2, Jason and Britt - which is amazing all things considered. Honestly, GH is positively Shakespearean  compared to B&B right now. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

I thought this was an awesome episode... yeah, *sigh* I'm about outta here. Sorry ya'll don't enjoy the show. 😥 I really am. I just think GH is fabulous soap right now and has been for months.

I really don't understand your reaction. You do this a lot. None of the posts here are overly negative.  This is a message board. Some things will be liked and others won't. No one is being disrespectful at all towards you or anyone else enjoying the show.

Edit: The show is rewriting an entire storyline that I saw play out on screen a few years ago.  That's not a good soap in my opinion. It's lazy writing. I shouldn't feel like I am hurting someone when I say that. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 21

Yesss. People can enjoy a show in general and still complain about things they don't like... whether it be characters, couples, storylines. There's no need for anyone to get mad or sad about it. I hate it when people say things like "if you don't like it, don't watch." Not that that has been said here in awhile, but I always think about it. Ha

• Love 6

There are things I'm enjoying. Hell, I was the one who said on Twitter they should split up every couple because they were so boring or had non-chemistry except they could keep KevLaur and TJ/Molly. And lo and behold, that's exactly what they did. Who knew I wielded that kind of power? ;)

But seriously, as a general rule we're always going to complain about Carly. Always. And Sonny. And Jason's lack of acting skills although he definitely has become more alive with Britt. But he still is the one who always saves everyone. Boring and annoying. Hardly anyone liked Peter as a character, and I'm talking throughout all of soap fandom. He's very unpopular. So not only do we have to deal with endless mooning over his death being mentioned, but now there's the possibility he might still be alive? Or a non-evil twin, for god's sake. Sam's taking a beating because sorry, but Kelly M. has looked dead for the most part since Billy Miller left. The Nixon Falls stuff is weird, boring, or unwatchable. They're rewriting a story that insults our intelligence because half the damn town knows who's responsible for Hayden's shooting.

That doesn't even cover the issues with the teens (I don't see chemistry among any of them), the juvenile Portia/Curtis/Jordan saga, or the poor pacing. And god, the Millow.

But I look for bright spots that I enjoy: Ava, Trina, Ava/Trina, Jason and Britt, Britt in general, Liesl in a scene with anyone, BLQ and Bailey story, Anna and Valentin, Sam and Liz together like on the pier, (can you tell how much more I like the women on this show?) I even like the pool because it's something different and I'm enjoying the set decoration, the swimsuits and clothing, etc.

We're not all going to like the same things. Don't let it chase you away. 

• Love 11

It still bums me out that Joss and Carly's relationship is this instead of what it should be, Joss being a hellion who makes Carly miserable.

And LWB/FS best be dead because I haven't missed him at all.  I actually do think he is, but they're going to drag it out to keep the baby switch going (and then even further due to KS' medical leave).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Mr. Moving has been watching this show since he retired 5 years ago.  I think today's show broke him because Finn and Anna stood around the freezer for an hour without opening it.  Every time they cut to them he would shout "Open the F**kin Freezer" or "How Long Does it Take to Open a F%%kin Freezer".  At about 45 minutes in, he said "Let Me Show You How Easy It Is", got up from the couch, went into the kitchen, opened the freezer, said "See How Easy It Is!" and came back with ice pops for the two of us.  Hubby and I could not stop laughing. 

My husband watches too lol.  We record and watch in the evening—I’ve always done this and gradually he got sucked in.  

• Love 1
On 7/26/2021 at 6:18 PM, lala2 said:

Britt walked away. If I were Monica, I would have given Terry the position since Britt stormed away like a child. IMO, they were both snapping at each other, but I wasn't paying close attn. 

Britt walked away after Terry was being nasty/unprofessional to her in front of Monica, and Monica told them, "you're going to be co-chiefs."  Terry was mad that Britt (accurately) pointed out she spends on-duty time gossiping.  She accused Britt of letting Cyrus run drugs through the hospital and then the "Jason Morgan satisfying your needs" line...I would have walked away too. 

On 7/25/2021 at 2:23 PM, mostlylurking said:

I just personally don’t feel they should have made Teri Liz’s oldest friend. She could have just been added as someone who was an acquaintance in school if they wanted to connect the character

This. It rings totally false to me since Elizabeth came to Port Charles as a young teen, and the Show made it a point that she had felt alone/isolated and second best to Sarah.  She never spoke about missing anyone or leaving a close friend behind.  Why couldn't she have been added as a friend from Finn or Portia or even Britt's youth? They came to Port Charles as adults, so the intro would be much more believable IMO.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:42 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm assuming she didn't say all this about Jason in Monica's presence. Because, you know, the whole thing about him being her son.

it makes me wonder if she's even aware of that, or just assumes Jason is a local mobster with no local family connections (other than his kids) who was a friend of "Biz" and got her pregnant.  She has shown she has no problem opening her mouth when she doesn't know what she's talking about and pressing women for gossip. 

On 7/27/2021 at 7:25 AM, TeeVee329 said:

Have Terry and Britt had an on-screen interaction before this story began?  Given that "Biz" is her bestie, it's somewhat realistic that Terry would just adopt Liz's beef, but the level of vitriol seems a little high given I don't recall Britt ever doing anything to Terry directly.

Not really. She hasn't done anything to Terry. She just decided that what she knows of Britt's past from Elizabeth, and the fact that Cyrus hired Britt to be CoS, means that Britt doesn't deserve the job whereas she, Terry, really wants the job and feels she would be great at it, or at least better than Britt. 

18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Carly, Joss and Spencer sitting on the side of the pool bad-mouthing Ava is everything I don't want to see on this show. Although I could watch Joss push Spencer in the pool some more.

I could watch it too, but honestly Carly, Joss and Spencer is my ideal lineup of people who deserve to be shoved/knocked into the pool...by Ava. Or Nikolas. Or Trina. 

I  just can't with Stella saying to Jordan "giving up on my nephew" as if Jordan's just not trying hard enough and Curtis needs his auntie to enforce the correct choice for his life.  It reminds me of Olivia's attitude with Lulu when Dante left Port Charles and then sent divorce papers. 

• Love 7

So when I was away and not watching, I guess I missed the explanation. What does the B in Biz stand for exactly? Best friend? Or was she thinking Liz was going to go into show business? 😂

34 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I  just can't with Stella saying to Jordan "giving up on my nephew"

Both Jordan and Curtis know Stella is unhappy about the divorce. They aren't exactly dancing in the streets about it, either. Stella needs to stop harping on it. You can't harangue people into saving their relationship.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

You can't harangue people into saving their relationship.

But, see, she stole the divorce papers, so when Curtis and Jordan find out they weren't filed, they'll just say "Oh, I guess we have to stay married!" and everything will be right in Stella's world. 

• LOL 11

My dad sees Michael Easton and every time says, "Doesn't that guy have any ears?", because ME's hair is so long, and dad is old-school.  But he doesn't watch the show. 😉

• LOL 6

It's a good thing that Sasha decided not to be with Michael anymore because what if he knocked her up. Pretty hard to avoid the Corinthos organization then.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Having Anna and Finn open up the freezer and find nothing like it's a big deal is stupid when Jason told Liz yesterday that Peter is missing. What a bizarre way to spoil the shock.

Gladys talking about "the lucrative Corinthos coffee business" <nudge, nudge, wink, wink> is so annoying. The show needs to own that it idolizes the mob.

A few episodes Curtis said that his affair with Portia was almost 20 years ago. How long till Portia figures out he's her bio-dad?

Speaking of the teen set, I find it strange that there's no talk about summer jobs to pay for college. Joss and Spencer have rich parents and maybe Ava is paying Trina but Cameron really should have a job to pay for college, especially if he's going to live in residence too.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Both Jordan and Curtis know Stella is unhappy about the divorce. They aren't exactly dancing in the streets about it, either.

Curtis is. He was only too happy to move on from his marriage because his police commissioner wife kept secrets from him because he already had his eye on Portia. There is nothing that Jordan can do, Curtis left the marriage long ago.

21 hours ago, Blackie said:

Mr Blackie (who has worked in science labs) laughed his ass off and the cobwebbed covered lab supplies. We both started singing Monster Mash.

I know! It's strange enough that the hospital has all this unused space because the hospital I know are begging for more room but the flasks of coloured liquid covered in cobwebs are a set director's vision of a lab.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, statsgirl said:

Having Anna and Finn open up the freezer and find nothing like it's a big deal is stupid when Jason told Liz yesterday that Peter is missing. What a bizarre way to spoil the shock.

It was flipped.  Finn opened the freezer to discover no body and then Jason told Elizabeth Peter wasn't there.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Finn opened the freezer to discover no body and then Jason told Elizabeth Peter wasn't there.

I thought Jason told Liz yesterday that the body wasn't there. Finn didn't open the freezer till today.

Just now, statsgirl said:

I thought Jason told Liz yesterday that the body wasn't there. Finn didn't open the freezer till today.

??? Finn opened the freezer yesterday--maybe they just repeated it.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Mr Blackie (who has worked in science labs) laughed his ass off and the cobwebbed covered lab supplies. We both started singing Monster Mash.

Yes!  I thought that was so comical.

I like Portia and Curtis.  I never warmed up to this Jordan recast and think she snoozes through most of her scenes.  Portia and Curtis are more fun to watch.

So everyone in Port Charles is treating the MOC of the century as a legit marriage.  Laura popping champagne and waxing poetic.  Are these people really that stupid, or are they just humoring Carly and Jason by trying to be polite.  I can’t decide.  

I thought Gladys was going to turn over a new leaf after being shot but obviously that’s a no go.  I’m kind of loving how she continues to stick it to Carly and puts all her drinks of Carly’s tab.  I would do the exact same.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

So everyone in Port Charles is treating the MOC of the century as a legit marriage.  Laura popping champagne and waxing poetic.  Are these people really that stupid, or are they just humoring Carly and Jason by trying to be polite.  I can’t decide.

It's so silly. I get humoring Carly to her face - who wants her turning her crazy on them?- but otherwise everyone should be treating this like the obvious farce that it is.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yesss. People can enjoy a show in general and still complain about things they don't like... whether it be characters, couples, storylines. There's no need for anyone to get mad or sad about it. I hate it when people say things like "if you don't like it, don't watch." Not that that has been said here in awhile, but I always think about it. Ha

100%. I’ve been watching this show for nearly 30 years.  Although I’ve taken breaks now and then it’s such a constant in my life.  I’ve liked a lot of stories and I’ve disliked a lot of stories over the years.  I think most of the actors on GH are actually very good.  But the writing is problematic and just lazy at times.  There’s little continuity, and way too many retcons.  The quality of the writing has gone down big time in my opinion.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:
13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It's so silly. I get humoring Carly to her face - who wants her turning her crazy on them?- but otherwise everyone should be treating this like the obvious farce that it is.

Right?  Like the other day when Sam said something about not wanting to go to the bridal shower--was she being sarcastic or is Carly legitimately having a bridal shower?  This is all just so ridiculous.  This should've been a quickie courthouse ceremony, but no, they're acting like the Novaks need to be convinced of everlasting love.  

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of the teen set, I find it strange that there's no talk about summer jobs to pay for college. Joss and Spencer have rich parents and maybe Ava is paying Trina but Cameron really should have a job to pay for college, especially if he's going to live in residence too.

Which doesn't even work anymore. I know it would be real boring, but no less boring than what is going on the show right now, but maybe do the finances of young people. To become a doctor is $250,000, and that is a bargain.  It should be harder for Cam paying for college since he is technically middle class because Liz is a nurse, so financial aid either wouldn't be an option or harder to get. I know this is controversial, but because he is a young white male, scholarships would be harder to obtain because they aren't many, if any, scholarships for only white males, so he would be competing against general pool of cash strapped students. PCU might be less of a burden, but I read that college debt is greater than GDP. 

Portia can pay for Trina since she is a doctor and her mother. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

FAnna opened the freezer yesterday and the show repeated it again today.  

NOw here's my problem:  Dante finds a speck of blood on the floor by the freezer, then says he found a boatload in the corridor leading away from where the freezer is.  However, there isn't a speck of blood inside the freezer even though the reshowing of FLiz putting Peter in the freezer clearly showed blood on his head, which would have then transferred to whatever he was lying on.  

So, did whoever take Peter's body, wipe up the freezer but not all the blood in the hallway?   Did Peter, wipe up his blood from the freezer but then continued to drip blood down the hallway?    Why, as writers/directors/ptb, would you not have any blood in the freezer?  It makes no sense story wies.  

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Gladys talking about "the lucrative Corinthos coffee business" <nudge, nudge, wink, wink> is so annoying. The show needs to own that it idolizes the mob.

If only Gladys were playing some sort of long game where she was plotting to take over the bidness herself.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If only Gladys were playing some sort of long game where she was plotting to take over the bidness herself.

If only Gladys turned out to be Faith!!! A girl can dream …

• Love 1

Speaking of Gladys, did we ever get an explanation for why she and Brando go by Corbin? Mike changed his name after walking out on Sonny and his mom, because...okay, I don't remember. Probably because of gambling debts to dangerous people. Point is, his original name was Corinthos.

22 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Speaking of Gladys, did we ever get an explanation for why she and Brando go by Corbin?

Gladys was MIke's cousin, so isn't it possible that when Mike changed his name from Corinthos, he just went with cousin Gladys' last name.  

13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Gladys was MIke's cousin, so isn't it possible that when Mike changed his name from Corinthos, he just went with cousin Gladys' last name.  

I suppose. But that makes it a dumb choice for an alias, especially if you're trying to hide.

But I suspect that the writers just forgot that Corbin wasn't Mike's original name.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

A few episodes Curtis said that his affair with Portia was almost 20 years ago. How long till Portia figures out he's her bio-dad?

I think you meant Trina?😜

And God, I hope that won't turn out to be true. But of course, it will, because that's how Frank rolls.🤬

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Well, if Jordan has called in her top crime-scene investigators and the K-9 unit, she'll figure out what happened to Peter's body for sure!

I love how Finn/Anna/Elizabeth/Jason are all wuh?? when it comes to the missing body.

LOL at Laura giving Carly marital advice. This isn't Carly's first rodeo by a long shot.

• LOL 8

Worse than Laura giving Carly marital advice was Laura reassuring her that Sonny would be happy for her that she's marrying Jason, and that falling in love with your good friend and marrying him is the best.

3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

It should be harder for Cam paying for college since he is technically middle class because Liz is a nurse, so financial aid either wouldn't be an option or harder to get. I know this is controversial, but because he is a young white male, scholarships would be harder to obtain because they aren't many, if any, scholarships for only white males, so he would be competing against general pool of cash strapped students. PCU might be less of a burden, but I read that college debt is greater than GDP.

Remember when Franco was concerned how they were going to pay for Cam to go to college?  The show doesn't.

Instead of Cameron lounging by the pool all day holding Joss' hand, I'd like to see a story with a serious discussion of the costs of going to university. Maybe Joss and Trina talking about sharing a dorm room visiting the guys and Cameron says that he'll be living at home because he can't afford to live in residence and Liz will need him to look after the younger boys when she's on night shift. Spencer lording it over them because Nik is going to get him a real apartment near campus. Cameron not able to spend time with them because he's working to get a soccer scholarship to pay tuition.

Let's spice this up a bit instead of endless talk of kisses.

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Laura giving Carly marital advice.

LOL at the continued collective brain fart that's infecting all of Port Charles that everyone is acting like this is a real marriage. 

Specific to Laura, a part of me dies inside every time the show tries to portray her as Carly's friend.  It was bad enough she's a historic Sonny apologist, but this is just a bridge too far.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cameron says that he'll be living at home because he can't afford to live in residence

With William Lipton going off to college as well, they won't want Cam to have to live at home since it's easier to explain his absence if he's on campus.  I feel like were not going to see much of the teens once the show starts taping in Sept.  

• Useful 3

Sasha working Gladys was kind of enjoyable. If they removed some of the bitch from Gladys, she might be a workable character, cuz I think the actress can play more than that one sour puss note they have her stuck in. 

I am also lamenting the freezer's lack of contents.

I'm not sure what is happening on top of Kin Shriner's head lately, but it always cracks me up. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

It’s very strange that no one with the exception of Michael questioned whether it was legit. I guess Sam later figured it out and bothered not to call Jason out on it but her initial meltdown on 7/4 seemed to indicate that even she thought it was a real marriage. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

What does the B in Biz stand for exactly?

Biz is a nickname for Elizabeth, just not a common on. I knew a Biz when I was at school.  I think it comes from the William-Will-Bill derivation of nicknames - Elizabeth-Liz-Biz.

Wasn't Cameron offered a full scholarship to Stanford, which he gave up to go to PCU? I've got to assume he got a full scholarship to PCU.

Anyone who started watching the show recently has to be confused as hell by the "Who shot Hayden?" discussions. She was shot, what, 5 years ago? And last appeared in PC 2-3 years ago? I know who shot Hayden, but if I had never seen her onscreen I really wouldn't care about this storyline either.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Biz is a nickname for Elizabeth,

I had completely forgotten until now, but I went to elementary school with a girl who had a grandmother called Bizzy (or maybe Bizzie), short for Elizabeth. It came up when we were talking names one day. My classmate, Beth, was named for her grandmother.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

So everyone in Port Charles is treating the MOC of the century as a legit marriage.  Laura popping champagne and waxing poetic.  Are these people really that stupid,

I was actively wondering if the Show was deliberately dumbing Laura down in that scene, because I don't buy that she would believe Jason has romantic feelings for Carly given the Spencer Family's history with Sonny, Jason and Carly.  Also, I thought considering how much Laura loves Elizabeth and the boys, she would say something to Carly about making an effort to get along with Elizabeth once she becomes Jake's stepmother. 

6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

NOw here's my problem:  Dante finds a speck of blood on the floor by the freezer, then says he found a boatload in the corridor leading away from where the freezer is.  However, there isn't a speck of blood inside the freezer even though the reshowing of FLiz putting Peter in the freezer clearly showed blood on his head, which would have then transferred to whatever he was lying on.  

So, did whoever take Peter's body, wipe up the freezer but not all the blood in the hallway?   Did Peter, wipe up his blood from the freezer but then continued to drip blood down the hallway?    Why, as writers/directors/ptb, would you not have any blood in the freezer?  It makes no sense story wies.  

I agree with all of this.  I am genuinely wondering if "Peter's body is missing" means not dead-Drew is part of this storyline, because the writers think they're clever.  Jason was trying to figure out who could have seen Elizabeth and Finn moving the body, and would want to protect her/them? I thought, Drew. Who could still have his own memories along with Jason's, and remember what Peter did and said to him? Drew.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Worse than Laura giving Carly marital advice was Laura reassuring her that Sonny would be happy for her that she's marrying Jason, and that falling in love with your good friend and marrying him is the best.

Remember when Franco was concerned how they were going to pay for Cam to go to college?  The show doesn't.

Yeah, I hated Laura projecting her marriage to Kevin onto the DOES NOT APPLY Jason-Carly situation. Ugh.  It's about as bad as the time Laura told Elizabeth she understood about falling in love with a man who has darkness in him/a dark side. I was appalled because her marriage to Luke was not remotely comparable to Elizabeth and Franco. Will the Show PLEASE stop using GF/Laura to prop toxic relationships!!!

Cam has a job as a busboy at Kelly's. That's where he cut himself one time and then saw him mom and Franco at GH, and that's where Trina confronted him (not long after the dance where he and Joss kissed) about avoiding her and so they both confessed to  confusion about their feelings. 

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So I can just delete this week’s episodes so far, right?

Eh, Sasha with Gladys today was funny. Britt yelling at Jason about what he owed her as he stepped in the elevator at GH, and his WTF reaction, was also funny. 

11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

So when I was away and not watching, I guess I missed the explanation. What does the B in Biz stand for exactly? Best friend? Or was she thinking Liz was going to go into show business? 😂

I thought the B stood for Bad, Brat or Bitch. When she started, Terry made comments about Elizabeth being bad in her youth as Liz spoke of difficulty with being mom to a teenage boy. 

Two more things that irritated me this week:
Shawn talking like he raised TJ, and thanking Curtis for being a role model to TJ when he was no longer available because TJ "could have gone down the wrong path." So this Mob Flunky actually thought of himself as a good father/role model to teenage TJ?!  He actually laughed when Carly thanked him for stabbing Jason while in prison.  Maybe Carly should be marrying Shawn. They deserve each other.

Why did Jordan have an accusatory look and tone toward Finn, as if he's Jason?  We know he threw Peter down the stairs, but she doesn't. He was standing there talking to Anna, someone she trusts, when she and Dante arrived on scene. She supposedly genuinely respects Finn as the man her friend Anna almost married, as well as the doctor who is a brother to her officer, Chase, and saved his life. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Instead of Cameron lounging by the pool all day holding Joss' hand, I'd like to see a story with a serious discussion of the costs of going to university. Maybe Joss and Trina talking about sharing a dorm room visiting the guys and Cameron says that he'll be living at home because he can't afford to live in residence and Liz will need him to look after the younger boys when she's on night shift. Spencer lording it over them because Nik is going to get him a real apartment near campus. Cameron not able to spend time with them because he's working to get a soccer scholarship to pay tuition.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

With William Lipton going off to college as well, they won't want Cam to have to live at home since it's easier to explain his absence if he's on campus.  I feel like were not going to see much of the teens once the show starts taping in Sept.  

Other solution is for Cam to move into a Co-op, or to live 3 to a dorm room to save money and become a resident advisor, while working some cafeteria job during freshman and sophomore year. There are options, but Cam won't have any free time.

The thing this show lost since the 90s, is that it is very removed for what is going on in the world. Unless it is dominating twitter, they don't look at the things that effect the normal person.

The fact that a show called "General Hospital" doesn't acknowledge how ridiculous expensive it is to become a doctor is a travesty.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Wasn't Cameron offered a full scholarship to Stanford, which he gave up to go to PCU?

To my ever-lasting dismay, yes. I wish they'd made it a fake school like Southern Coastal University for Joss.

1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Anyone who started watching the show recently has to be confused as hell by the "Who shot Hayden?" discussions. She was shot, what, 5 years ago?

History!

6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I am genuinely wondering if "Peter's body is missing" means not dead-Drew is part of this storyline

Oooh, maybe! Drew does have a score to settle with Peter, so that part wouldn't be out of the blue.

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Britt yelling at Jason about what he owed her as he stepped in the elevator at GH, and his WTF reaction, was also funny. 

That was Monday and I did see that. The “Just Venmo me” was funny!

Just because Stanford offered Cameron a Soccer scholarship doesn’t mean that PCU did the same. Otherwise why wouldn’t Cameron have accepted one closer to home, instead of the nonsense of him talking about not going so he could stay at home to help take care of, UGH, Franco.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Two more things that irritated me this week:
Shawn talking like he raised TJ, and thanking Curtis for being a role model to TJ when he was no longer available because TJ "could have gone down the wrong path." So this Mob Flunky actually thought of himself as a good father/role model to teenage TJ?!  He actually laughed when Carly thanked him for stabbing Jason while in prison.  Maybe Carly should be marrying Shawn. They deserve each other.

Ugh, YES!  I think I actually yelled at the TV during that scene.  Mob Flunky certainly thinks highly of himself.  Honestly, as far I can tell, it's only a matter of time before he's working for Sonny/Jason/Carly again.  Hahahaha, I stabbed a man, but justice was served now that I'm free.  Go to hell, Shawn.

• Love 6

I have a dissenting opinion about Cam working to save for college. I started college 15 years and my friends and I weren’t working to save up for college. If our parents couldn’t pay for it, we signed up for financial aid. Yeah someone like Cam might end up in some kind of work study, lab assistant, or tutoring gig when he started school but he probably wouldn’t be stressing to pay for school. Also, doesn’t he work at Kelly’s? We never see him there but he was working there last year so he has something. It was only Joss that wasn’t working which is expected. 

54 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The “Just Venmo me” was funny!

Yes, I laughed at that and also today at Sasha for appealing to Gladys' vanity/ego to manipulate her into accepting a job at Deception, when Gladys was all offended that Brando wanted her to get her own place and get a job to afford it, because he wants his child to have his/her own bedroom in his home.  He is putting his baby's needs ahead of his mother's desire to continue to live with him for free, what nerve! 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought Gladys was going to turn over a new leaf after being shot but obviously that’s a no go.  I’m kind of loving how she continues to stick it to Carly and puts all her drinks of Carly’s tab.  I would do the exact same.

I really just cannot with Laura being all mother hen/friendly advice giver to Carly. When in the name of Satan did these two become so buddy buddy BFF's? It's almost as bad as Ava and Nina for me. But just more rewriting of history, which this show loves to do so much that it thinks it's actually good at it. When Laura said she wasn't going to pass judgment on her, I was like why the hell not? 

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL at the continued collective brain fart that's infecting all of Port Charles that everyone is acting like this is a real marriage. 

Specific to Laura, a part of me dies inside every time the show tries to portray her as Carly's friend.  It was bad enough she's a historic Sonny apologist, but this is just a bridge too far.

It's sickening really. Although it was interesting that in Gladys' little meddling and needling of Carly, we learned a few details. The date hasn't been set (which we knew of course), but she basically confirmed there is no rush. Until I'm proven wrong otherwise, I'm still going with November sweeps. And don't come crying to me, you know it's going to happen. 

Sasha, I wouldn't be offering Gladys any jobs. You don't want her around you with that baby. 

I skipped yesterday but not sure I missed that much.

• Love 1

It looks like GH finally shelled out money for cushions for those wood lounge chairs at the Metro Court Swim Club. I’m guessing the actors started complaining that their asses were hurting sitting on them all day while taping. LOL!!!!

What to do about Gladys? Well, there is a empty freezer available. She’s so un likable and not in a fun way. Does she even like Brando? The character has really worn out her welcome but I guess they need her for Brando when the actress goes on maternity leave. Which is a long time. Uh!

Why did Genie Francis draw the short stick to prop up Carly? I had no idea they were friends. Didn’t Carly just lie to Laura a few months ago or got Laura to divulge privileged information? Why would Laura want to talk to Carly let alone have champagne with her?!

• Love 8