Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Recent observations (sort of):

They should have put Taggert on contract instead of Shawn.

I do enjoy the outdoor settings a lot.

Is Heather ever going to react to her son's death?

I'm ok with RH in general, but his new Q character does nothing to me so far, besides being partially funny and giving an (intentionally?) creepy vibe.

Is Robert ever going to return from Donely's burial, or has he possibly angered tptb vvith the Peter sl desaster interview?

Out of curiosity, is there maybe some sort of quota for black actors now? With 5 on contract and even more recurring characters, it feels like a conscious decision, due to real life developments in real life (Black lifes matter). European viewer here who could be totally wrong about that. I just binge watched episodes from 2008/09, and the show couldn't be any whiter. Is it similar on other current daytime soaps? I only watch GH.

• Love 3

Dammit, I still want Brit and Jason to be together (although what was up with the toothbrush thing?  Was it some kind of built in advertising for the show?).  I like them together and this whole Jason/Carly thing is a travesty.

If Hayden comes back I hope it is the original actress who played her, and I hope she is allowed to cause some trouble like she was when the character first showed upon the show.

Dollars to donuts, Peter will not be in the freezer, b/c he’s going to be the new Fasion and continually come back from the dead (speculation, by no means spoilery).

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, IDFfm0870 said:

They should have put Taggert on contract instead of Shawn.

I thought RA was dealing with cancer so he may not want to be on contract.

8 minutes ago, IDFfm0870 said:

or has he possibly angered tptb vvith the Peter sl desaster interview?

This.

6 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Dollars to donuts, Peter will not be in the freezer,

But is he not in the freezer because Jason got hiim out or because someone else found him first, or because he's still alive????

I am going to say something slightly positive about the Sonny/Nina scene, and no, I am not high. : D Mo knew all his lines today and the two of them seemed to have a bit more chemistry. And at least Sonny tried to explain why he has been so very lame about finding out who he is, saying that when he held the gun he took from the robber, he felt something repulsive viscerally and he is scared to know who he is. Maybe deep down he knows it is someone bad. Whew, okay, glad that is over and I can go back to hating them again!

Britt was hilarious wanting to be reimbursed for her 1/4 of the 4-pack of toothbrushes she bought ahead of schedule for Jason's comfort. I would have taken the $20! I couldn't make out what she said to him at the end right before she walked away. Anybody catch it? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Why was Alexis taunting Ryan? What was that about? 

Didn't Alexis have a therapy session with "Kevin", when Ryan was pretending to be him?  Maybe she holds a grudge from that?

• Useful 1

I really don’t want to comment on Nixon Falls bullshit but dammit I can’t help myself. So even though what Nina is doing is shady as hell the majority of the blame here has to fall on Sonny. It would be one thing if he was desperate to find out who he was and Nina was just keeping that from him (although these days, would it really be that hard??). That would be really shitty. But Sonny has specifically said he doesn’t really want to know and doesn’t care. I just know it will be played as if Sonny is some sort of victim in all of this, but that’s crap. 

Really disliked Teri today. I don’t remember her being this obnoxious when she was involved with the Oscar storyline. And mentioning Jason and Britt’s “closeness” right in front of Monica, her boss and Jason’s MOTHER omg girl stop.

I’m liking Austin and his snarkiness. “I would have bought you a drink. I’m not cheap”. Heh.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
33 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I couldn't make out what she said to him at the end right before she walked away. Anybody catch it? 

“Just Venmo me.”

Jason's expression: "What is she talking about?"

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know, right?

Terry was just beyond obnoxious today. Then the sucking up to Monica. I just can’t believe Monica let what Terry said, go without her saying something. Because Jason, be he Quartermaine or Morgan, is her Golden Child.

And what? Did that guard at Pentonville crush Alexis’ bones that she’s once again heavily cast?

Shawn can just take a gazillion seats and stop with the judgy looks he was throwing at Jax. StupidassMobflunky.🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Love 7

Why did Shawn consider Jax a possible suspect in Hayden’s shooting? Lack of motive notwithstanding, was Jax even in town when the shooting happened? I guess I shouldn’t look too hard at that storyline since they’re changing so much of it. Hell at this point, I’m sure it’ll end with locating Hayden and having her be shocked to find out Nikolas was behind the whole thing since they’re retconning what everyone else knows. 

• Love 5

Did no one else laugh audibly for several minutes after Jason told Elizabeth that if anyone asked why they were talking in the woods, she could use the excuse that they were talking about Jake’s art classes, as if anyone on the planet would believe that Jason gave one shit about Jake, let alone his extra curriculars? 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

I didn't get why they needed to talk to Jax. Maybe there was a part I missed today though. Lol at them saying Hayden's real shooter wasn't ever investigated. Uh maybe cause you plead guilty and didn't say anything until now?! As far as most people know, you are the one who shot her. You only got out because the judge was racist. Let's just forget about the fact that you were going to kill someone that day, and could have killed the woman you're working with now. Ugh this is the thing that's really making me mad right now. I'm glad I've skipped Michael and Willow recently. Lol

At least Jax pointed out that he didn't want to take a plea bargain and take down Sonny. And then Sonny was living his life as usual after that. 

• Love 5

If Spinelli had turned off the cameras, why was Jason walking around with a flashlight?

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Why did Shawn consider Jax a possible suspect in Hayden’s shooting? Lack of motive notwithstanding, was Jax even in town when the shooting happened?

The brainbox of Shawn and Sam are probably going to suspect everyone who came into contact with Hayden. And then head for the phone book.

43 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Did no one else laugh audibly for several minutes after Jason told Elizabeth that if anyone asked why they were talking in the woods, she could use the excuse that they were talking about Jake’s art classes, as if anyone on the planet would believe that Jason gave one shit about Jake, let alone his extra curriculars? 

I hope he offered to pay for the course. He has tons of money, as we've been told, and Liz is a single mother of 3, one of whom is about to start the exclusive PCU.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

At least Jax pointed out that he didn't want to take a plea bargain and take down Sonny. And then Sonny was living his life as usual after that. 

Yeah, but Shawn had the oh-so-gotcha rebuttal of "so is Hayden's shooter."  Wow, you really showed Jax, Mob Flunky.

Although, LMAO at both Sam and Shawn looking perplexed when Jax said they should talk to Elizabeth.  Great PI skills, those two.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don’t like Terri. Elizabeth likes her so I’ll giver her a pass. Jason & Elizabeth in the random path in the park. What will the neighbors think? Murder. Mayhem? Jax, Sam & Shawn meeting up at the pool. Yawn!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

Re: Sam/Jax/Shawn - Screw you, Show!! Your retcon is crap. 

So much crap. I hate when they think we don't know what we saw onscreen. I know what I saw, Show. It's just all so blech. And they've ruined Hayden no matter what.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

“Just Venmo me.”

Ah, so that's why people were talking about Venmo on Twitter lol. I had pulled it up to check but saw this first. That scene was hilarious because a) the randomness of said toothbrush replacement heads b) Jason's perfect WTF expression and c) Britt's very true retort shrug of "I don't know why you do half the things you do". The whole thing was just a plot point so Terry could overhear and then comment to Britt about it but points for Kelly's delivery and Steve's expression.

We had movement today in some stories and I'm still not satisfied. When are these secrets going to come pouring out? At this rate, the teens will graduate from PCU before this MOC ever takes place. They haven't even set a date. And the only reason I'm looking forward to the wedding itself is so the fur can fly. They better make it be the maximum soapy with as lame as it's been so far.

• Love 5

Have Terry and Britt had an on-screen interaction before this story began?  Given that "Biz" is her bestie, it's somewhat realistic that Terry would just adopt Liz's beef, but the level of vitriol seems a little high given I don't recall Britt ever doing anything to Terry directly.

We did find out that Terry has a male ex so that's one question answered.

And really Liz, shading Britt about Emma's doll when you're in the midst of covering up a murder?  At least bring up the embryo shenanigans!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Dammit, I still want Brit and Jason to be together. I like them together and this whole Jason/Carly thing is a travesty.

If Hayden comes back I hope it is the original actress who played her, and I hope she is allowed to cause some trouble like she was when the character first showed upon the show.

Dollars to donuts, Peter will not be in the freezer, b/c he’s going to be the new Fasion and continually come back from the dead (speculation, by no means spoilery).

Just had to echo this entire post. Especially points 1 and 2. Hopefully not 3.

12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Why did Shawn consider Jax a possible suspect in Hayden’s shooting? Lack of motive notwithstanding, was Jax even in town when the shooting happened? I guess I shouldn’t look too hard at that storyline since they’re changing so much of it. Hell at this point, I’m sure it’ll end with locating Hayden and having her be shocked to find out Nikolas was behind the whole thing since they’re retconning what everyone else knows. 

So, this gets even better. Thanks to Twitter (again), it turns out that Jax too knows that Nik was responsible for Hayden's shooting. So that conversation yesterday between Shawn, Sam, and Jax was even more ridiculous since two of the three of them know. And Jax only found out on Hayden's last return in NOVEMBER OF 2019. I forgot all about that codicil they were all searching for. Plus Nik and Hayden are still married. The stupid, it BURNS. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And really Liz, shading Britt about Emma's doll when you're in the midst of covering up a murder?  At least bring up the embryo shenanigans!

This made me laugh way too hard.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm probably giving this FAKAKTA show too much credit, but I think Jason found Heinrik's body and took it, so that when Anna opens up the freezer today she'll find it empty,  I think the call Jason was making was asking for a "clean up" to dispose of the body.

Hey, I KNOW I'm giving them too much credit. I have a very low bar, and we'll probably see Heinrik walking around like a frozen zombie or something.

I had to laugh though, at Jason's line how it's only been a week since Elizabeth almost told him that Heinrik was dead, before Finn interrupted them. When it's been WEEKS. In both Show and Real Time.

The one I really feel sorry for in all this is Maxie. They all KNOW she's terrified that Heinrik will come back. Neither Finn or Elizabeth can arse themselves to think about that. Well, at least Elizabeth finally mentioned Maxie to Jason.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am going to say something slightly positive about the Sonny/Nina scene, and no, I am not high. : D Mo knew all his lines today and the two of them seemed to have a bit more chemistry. And at least Sonny tried to explain why he has been so very lame about finding out who he is, saying that when he held the gun he took from the robber, he felt something repulsive viscerally and he is scared to know who he is. Maybe deep down he knows it is someone bad. Whew, okay, glad that is over and I can go back to hating them again!

It's almost like the writers have been reading our posts and decided to throw us a bone. Thing I still don't get about the Nixon Fails S/L is that Nina knows the kind of person Sonny was - and probably still is deep down inside. Add to that the fact that neither has ever shown the slightest interest in the other, and none of this makes any sense. Particularly from Nina's end, unless she wants to be part of the club of "Brenda bots" (TM Olivia Falconeri) that Sonny and Jax have shared over the years.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think the call Jason was making was asking for a "clean up" to dispose of the body.

Did he make more than one call? I thought it was to Spinelli to turn off the cameras.

(edited)
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Did he make more than one call? I thought it was to Spinelli to turn off the cameras.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. In the previews, we see him making a call asking someone to do something for him.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Another great moment from yesterday’s episode was Finn taking Anna to the basement and proudly announcing that Peter was in the freezer, because Anna made the greatest FFS face in response. The delivery was weird on ME part, but I’ll accept it for the laugh. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Do the writers immediately forget what they've just written?  Portia's front door squeaks which she and Trina discuss as being what happened the night that Cyrus took them hostage.  My first thought was how cool that they were having some continuity.

Then Curtis stops by and asks about the squeak and Portia's answer is:  "Just a souvenir from when you kicked the door in".  Now, wasn't Jordan the one who kicked the door in and came in guns blazing, shooting Cyrus, as Curtis lay on the floor, shot by Cyrus after sneaking in through a window?????

Am I remembering that wrong???

Also, NO BODY IN THE FREEZER,   Mother effer, that piece of crap is still alive out there, isn't he.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Carly, Joss and Spencer sitting on the side of the pool bad-mouthing Ava is everything I don't want to see on this show. Although I could watch Joss push Spencer in the pool some more.

Shut up Carly. Can she get any more smug about trapping Jason at last?

Stella shouldn't have taken the divorce papers but at least there is something going on in this incredibly boring teen drama.

Who didn't call the freezer being empty? We are never going to be rid of Peter.

• Love 4
(edited)

Does GH really not know when a plot is done and dusted? When an arc needs to be buried and never revived? Why is Peter's body not in the freezer? Why? I don't want to see this. If others are interested, that's cool but I'm just not. I was sick of Peter BEFORE he "died," and I sure don't want to see more of him now! I don't even care if another person moved his "dead body." He supposedly died so just move on! 

Does the show think it's cute to see Josslyn keep tossing Spencer into the pool? It's not. I hate Josslyn. She's an obnoxious brat just like her mother. 

The Hayden crap is infruriating. The more Shawn says he wants to find Hayden's shooter, the more I roll my eyes. This is another plot that is done. It played out FIVE YEARS AGO! We all saw it play out. We know who had Hayden shot. This is not a secret. Everyone knows. Shawn doesn't but oh well. He went to jail to protect Sonny. That's on him. The show is insulting all of us w/this retconned, crap story!! Hayden isn't even on canvas! 

I liked Trina pointing out that her mom is supposedly friends w/Jordan.

Loved the Scotty/Elizabeth and Fanna scenes. I wish soaps wouldn't drag stuff out though. We all knew the body wasn't going to be there, so let's just get to it. I know the reveal was Jason didn't move the body but they should have opened that freezer much sooner. 

ETA: I forgot about Stella. Admittedly, I have not watched many Stella scenes, but why is she so invested in this marriage? And how does she not understand that it takes TWO to fight for a marriage? Her nephew clearly doesn't want to be married to Jordan. Why doesn't she go yell at Curtis and leave Jordan alone?! There is nothing Jordan can do but let the man go. I knew Stella was going to take that envelope, and I'm sure Curtis will be back to yell and scream at Jordan for not signing the papers. 🙄

Edited by lala2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, lala2 said:

ETA: I forgot about Stella. Admittedly, I have not watched many Stella scenes, but why is she so invested in this marriage?

she's probably overcompensating for not wanting the marriage in the first place. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Who didn't call the freezer being empty? We are never going to be rid of Peter.

I called it being empty when Anna opened it, but I thought it would be because Jason moved the body.  Are we supposed to believe Peter is still alive?!  Good grief.

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I hate Josslyn. She's an obnoxious brat just like her mother. 

This is true but I did like her calling Spencer a loser.  He barges in on Joss and Trina’s conversation, not to mention he has an unhealthy obsession with his father’s sex life.  Move on buddy, your dad has.

23 minutes ago, Daisy said:
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

ETA: I forgot about Stella. Admittedly, I have not watched many Stella scenes, but why is she so invested in this marriage?

she's probably overcompensating for not wanting the marriage in the first place. 

That’s an interesting point.  I never thought about it that way.  It makes sense, but she really needs to let it go.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Are we supposed to believe Peter is still alive?!

Fingers crossed that he's not.  That someone who's been hanging out in Helena's old lab got him out and is doing Frankenstein like experiments on his very dead corpse.  

Funny that Carly was all, "Joss you can't keep tossing Spencer in the pool cuz he might crack his head open on the bottom and Nik will sue me" and my first thought was, well, if the show had made the pool deeper than a foot, that woulnd't be an issue.  

I really thought they were going for the look of an outdoor pool but today, there were walls in places (behind the Curtis/Shawn scene) that made it look like it was really an indoor one.  

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Does the show think it's cute to see Josslyn keep tossing Spencer into the pool?

The teenager lifeguard in me applauded when Carly told Joss to "stop pushing that kid in to the pool".

I just don't get the mom/daughter jibe with Portia and Trina like I do with Carly/Joss and Alexis/Molly et al.

Mr Blackie (who has worked in science labs) laughed his ass off and the cobwebbed covered lab supplies. We both started singing Monster Mash.

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I just don't get the mom/daughter jibe with Portia and Trina like I do with Carly/Joss and Alexis/Molly et al.

Do you think it's because they were both just put there with Trina most of the way to grown? "Here's a high-school-aged girl, here's her mother, and oh, by the way, they're the daughter and ex-wife of a guy who was around in the '90s and early '00s."  

With those others, we saw the relationships that led to the daughters, we saw the births, and the same actors have played the mothers the whole time, even when the daughters were played by infants or little girls.

I think Sydney Mikayla and Brook Kerr do their best with it and are both fine, but it's just different without the history, which was all offscreen. (Similarly, when Kim and Oscar were around, and Tamara Braun would emote about everything Kim and Oscar had been through together, it had to be all tell. And Garren Stitt was one-dimensional, besides.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Do you think it's because they were both just put there with Trina most of the way to grown?

Ya I guess, and I don't think they look at all like each other.

If we made a drinking game out of Shawn saying "I'm going to find Hayden's shooter" we'd all need liver transplants.  Also, I see no lessons were actually learned given he seemed disappointed he had to turn down Carly's offer to "come work for my family." 

Also, I cannot with how everyone actually seems to think Carly and Jason are marrying for love.  I mean, I get that Carly is acting like she won the lottery, but Jason looks like he's getting a drug-free colonoscopy every time someone brings up the MOC.

Is the show really going with Peter Popsicle is alive?  Because, just...why?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Sheggy50G said:

what if Cameron Mathison is joining GH to play a not-so-sincerely-dead Peter?

Isn't he kind of too old? 

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Is the show really going with Peter Popsicle is alive?  Because, just...why?

To keep LW happy?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Today when Portia and Trina come home and the front door squeaks, Portia says the carpenter is supposed to come fix it. HUH? Buy some 3in1 oil and fix it yourself. Good luck getting a “carpenter” to fix a squeaky door, girl.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Sheggy50G said:

What if - hear me out - what if Cameron Mathison is joining GH to play a not-so-sincerely-dead Peter?

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Isn't he kind of too old? 

Wes Ramsey is two years older than Billy Miller, so he'd be taking over a role from someone closer to his age. But I highly doubt it. The smart money is on NuDrew.  

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Today when Portia and Trina come home and the front door squeaks, Portia says the carpenter is supposed to come fix it. HUH? Buy some 3in1 oil and fix it yourself. Good luck getting a “carpenter” to fix a squeaky door, girl.

Curtis will fix it for them, making the writing point that a house of women can't cope with such things.  

The strangest thing about the MOC is they are totally not going in the conventional (and often fun) direction of having the couple end up falling for each other. Carly and Jason have a really screwed up, co-dependent dysfunctional relationship so even if they weren’t going to fall in love there’s an interesting story to be told if they were willing to address it. But of course they won’t. Instead it’s just Jason miserable he has to be stuck with the woman he constantly chooses over everyone else in his life. 

Carly is the main heroine of this show, like it or not, but they never gave her what she’s always wanted, which is to the object of Jason’s desire. This show is so strange. 

• Love 2

I thought this was an awesome episode... yeah, *sigh* I'm about outta here. Sorry ya'll don't enjoy the show. 😥 I really am. I just think GH is fabulous soap right now and has been for months.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I thought this was an awesome episode... yeah, *sigh* I'm about outta here. Sorry ya'll don't enjoy the show. 😥 I really am. I just think GH is fabulous soap right now and has been for months.

Well that's fair - because they are showing things that you like. So you'd totally think it's fabulous soap. 

I don't really like teen scenes (never really have but the Georgie/Lulu/Sage/Dillon ones are like miles better than this), Nixon Falls is completely boring for me, The Peter thing is boring to me, I personally feel they went on the wrong track with the Quatermaine thing, and honestly the Michael/Willow is extremely infuriating. 

I'm sorry like if you feel if you have to leave because people don't agree with you that GH is fantastic right now. I like hearing your opinions on the episodes even when I don't agree but if you feel like you have leave, then it was nice meeting you. 

• Love 1
On 7/26/2021 at 8:12 PM, dubbel zout said:

LOL this was a great scene and I wish they'd do more like this.  Doesn't have to be with Jason and Britt (though I think Kelly is well suited to this light comedic acting).  

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, driver18 said:

You shouldn't leave over that. Unless you just really don't like the commentary here, keep voicing the other side.  

In the era in which the internet has really been a thing, from the mid-'90s, I've followed at various times All My Children, Another World, The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of Our Lives, Guiding Light, and General Hospital, with GH being the one I've seen the most of. No matter who was writing, producing, or starring on any of those shows at a given time, much if not most of the internet commentary (everywhere) was negative. All that really varies is the ratio. Sometimes it's 70/30; sometimes it's 95/5.  

I never even dipped a toe into OLTL, Y&R, ATWT, Port CharlesSunset Beach, or Passions, but I'm sure it was the same there.

I think kvetching is just a big part of internet soap fandom. Some of it is serious criticism the shows would do well to note and heed, but some of it is just in fun. I certainly contribute my share. But if I like something, I'll say that too. I'd put present-day GH about in the middle for my time with GH. It's better than it was in the Jean/Shelly years, and it's never as toxic as the worst of Guza.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

Me too, but other people's opinions don't affect me.  GH has been really great for a while now.  

• Love 3