Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Jeez! I didn’t that many people knew about it. That’s practically the whole cast. It is so weird that they are rewriting this like everyone has amnesia. Unless, Budig is coming back what’s the point? Thanks again.

Yes!!! A LOT of characters know this. Hayden knew it and still fell in love with Nikolas! It is a ridiculous plot to retcon when so many ppl already know, and when RB isn't even on the canvas! I honestly haven't been this outraged since the Jake rewrite! 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Jeez! I didn’t that many people knew about it. That’s practically the whole cast. It is so weird that they are rewriting this like everyone has amnesia. Unless, Budig is coming back what’s the point? Thanks again.

I didn't realize Finn knew about it, but I guess it would make sense. I haven't heard that she's coming back (doesn't mean she isn't), but there definitely isn't a point if she isn't. There might not be a point even if she is. The entire thing is so ludicrously stupid I can't see straight.

EDIT: The only way I'd accept any of it is if she comes back bent on revenge and is more like the original version of Hayden. Still on good terms with Liz though, because I do miss my Webber sisters. She can still be Fun Aunt Hayden and give Cam a hard time about him and Joss.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like they have anything for Laura to do other than being a talk-to for others. I already hated that she was friendly with Sonny but Carly, really show?

But I think this is what GF negotiated for: being a "nexus" character. When she returned this last time around, she said she only agreed to come back if Show met certain requests she had for her character. Right out of the gate, she was much more connected than she had been in her last couple runs. She's the mayor; she's friends with everyone, and there's a possibility of her appearing in pretty much any story, even if the story isn't really about her. GF knows which way the wind has blown. Sonny and Carly are, regrettably, the center of the show.

Just imagine if most of her screen time were dependent on her marriage to Kevin and her relationships with her kids and extended family. They'd just give her some older-person medical problem that Chris and Dan Googled up. Bobbie got diabetes, Alexis got osteoporosis, Mike got dementia, and Anna got polycythemia vera, so...stroke? Parkinson's? Glaucoma?

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I think my biggest issue with Olivia was that it seemed like she was being judgemental and disapproving that Dante was going to take Rocco to visit his comatose mother. Like it hasn't been a year yet. I am sure Rocco would want to see his mom.

Plus Lulu is at that facility where Michael was taken. His original diagnosis was that he was never coming out of that coma. So when the show finally decides to cast for a new Lulu, she will come out of her coma.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm watching The Godfather for my "movie club" today, and watching Brando, Caan, Pacino, and the supporting characters, just make this show's "mob" a fucking joke. I mean, they are already a joke, but in comparison, a really big FUCKING JOKE. The closest character Mooby comes to is that "pimp" Tattaglia.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Thanks for the Hayden shooting refresher.  I can honestly say that I have zero recollection of any of it--and I was watching at the time!

In other news, per Kirsten Storms' IG, looks like she's back to filming.

• Love 6

If Elizabeth knows that Nikolas shot Hayden, why is she still speaking to him? Or am I misreading the comments here, and they've retconned it so she doesn't know?

It's all so stupid, since Hayden fell in love with and married the person responsible for her getting shot. But that's the FAKAKTA General Mobspital for you.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sonny would accuse her of marrying the man she  had always wanted.

Sonny would do that even if Carly were marrying Novak. Because it's a betraaaaayaaaallll of Sonny. Never mind Mike couldn't have tried less to find out who he is. It's always all about Sonny and how he's the eternal victim. He's just trying to live a decent life as a good mobster, you know?

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

[Olivia] and Lulu had a genuine relationship of their own and it felt off to me she would have harassed Lulu so much.

Especially since Dante was the one who initiated divorce proceedings and didn't really give Lulu a choice. I'd have liked a line or two acknowledging that Olivia had been too hard on Lulu then, too.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny would do that even if Carly were marrying Novak. Because it's a betraaaaayaaaallll of Sonny. Never mind Mike couldn't have tried less to find out who he is. It's always all about Sonny and how he's the eternal victim. He's just trying to live a decent life as a good mobster, you know?

I was wondering about something and can't remember if I've already asked, but if I have I don't think anyone answered.  Obviously, since Sonny isn't really dead there was no body.  It hasn't been that long, less than a year, right?  I have no concept of time.  But, how were they able to get Sonny declared legally dead so soon in order for Carly to be free to marry Jason, or anyone else?

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Obviously, since Sonny isn't really dead there was no body.  It hasn't been that long, less than a year, right?  I have no concept of time.  But, how were they able to get Sonny declared legally dead so soon in order for Carly to be free to marry Jason, or anyone else?

Diane is just that good of an attorney. /sarcasm

But, really, I don't know if they ever said--I think it was hand-waved away.

As to time, Sonny disappeared right before Christmas, so it's only been about 7 months.  A freakin' loooooonnnnnggggg 7 months, but nowhere near a year.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If Elizabeth knows that Nikolas shot Hayden, why is she still speaking to him? Or am I misreading the comments here, and they've retconned it so she doesn't know?

When Liz learned that, back in 2015, she did not know Hayden was her sister. Liz was desperate to hang onto loser Jason. Laura had learned that Jake was Jason and was going to tell until Liz told her what Nikolas had done to Hayden.

By the time she learned Hayden was her sister, Hayden and Nikolas may have been married. Hayden was upset w/Liz. They eventually got over it. I don't recall the details though. 

Yesterday, Liz had a "auditory" FB to a conversation she had w/TC's Nik about Hayden's shooting so I think they are keeping her in the know. We should find out for sure now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh, GOD, we have to suffer through Wiley's birthday party? (Of course we do, he's the golden child's golden child. Gag.)

Whoever it was who mentioned that Carly and Jason are taking their sweet time getting married wasn't kidding. If it's so important to present a united front to the Novaks, go down to the courthouse and do the deed. Hell, ask a Novak to be a witness to make it legit in their eyes.

Whose grave was that outside? The glare on the plaque and my tiny phone screen made it impossible to read anything other than "Corinthos."

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Thanks for the Hayden shooting refresher.  I can honestly say that I have zero recollection of any of it-

That doesn't matter, since they're retconning the whole story now anyway.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, as of today they've retconned it that she doesn't know: she thought Nikolas had something to do with it and he justlied to her face and told her to put it behind her. But she seems suspicious of him.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Yesterday, Liz had a "auditory" FB to a conversation she had w/TC's Nik about Hayden's shooting so I think they are keeping her in the know. We should find out for sure now. 

They retconned a memory of Elizabeth and nuNikolas discussing/arguing about it in the hospital stairwell. 

As for the rest of today: 
Ugh Carly is so smug that "I know my son" and talking about his and Willow's "obvious love for each other."   The only thing I found acceptable is the Show having Carly acknowledge she's intrusive.  Sooo, talking about her dead son and everything Chase did to be supportive of her, and a future birthday putting their toddler son to bed is such a turn-on for these two? EEWWWWWWW.

i bet that was her mother Harmony putting flowers at the grave and showing up at the over the top birthday party for the little brat since Willow just spoke of her mother to Carly.  No way do I believe Nelle would come back and put flowers at the grave of the baby she used as a prop.

For those who have wondered, Carly is now saying her so-called hesitancy about the marriage is people's perception that she is moving on with Jason too soon after Sonny's death/she didn't truly love or mourn for Sonny.

Howarth is good with the Austin quips.

Soooo, Shawn openly acknowledges to Sam that Sonny ordered him to shoot "Jake Doe" but no big deal since nobody knew who  "Jake Doe" really was at the time and Hayden showed up on the scene. Sam shrugs it off with "glad you didn't, or I wouldn't have my daughter"?!?! Now on with our investigation.... She is so horrible.

Spencer is the quite the young psychopath, threatening that the stalker could make Trina bleed for real the next time if Ava doesn't cut off all contact with his father. His whole scene with Ava was creepy manipulation. I can't quite tell if MW is playing it that she's figured out Spencer is dangerous/may be the stalker. She seemed scared.

I guess KSt. won't be gone long since Austin is having "weird dreams" of two women talking while he was unconscious.

• Love 7

That birthday celebration for a 4 year old was really gross. Wylie is going to grow up as entitled as Michael and Josslyn.

I liked that they put a long haired wig on Liz for the re-shot flashbacks.

I could like Austin but only if he gets rid of that fledgling manbun.

3 hours ago, Katy M said:

I was wondering about something and can't remember if I've already asked, but if I have I don't think anyone answered.  Obviously, since Sonny isn't really dead there was no body.  It hasn't been that long, less than a year, right?  I have no concept of time.  But, how were they able to get Sonny declared legally dead so soon in order for Carly to be free to marry Jason, or anyone else?

There was an urgency to get him declared dead and a new head of the mob so that the Five Families wouldn't step in and try to steal his territory <eyeroll>. Yeah, it doesn't make sense even now.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Whose grave was that outside? The glare on the plaque and my tiny phone screen made it impossible to read anything other than "Corinthos."

Baby Jonas Michael Corinthos.  August 1 2019. Another retcon because that baby lived at least 2 days till Brad got him.

Earlier Willow told Michael that she wished he had been at the grave of "our son". Michael was not the father of that baby. Willow really needs a psychiatric assessment. Stat.

20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Soooo, Shawn openly acknowledges to Sam that Sonny ordered him to shoot "Jake Doe" but no big deal since nobody knew who  "Jake Doe" really was at the time and Hayden showed up on the scene. Sam shrugs it off with "glad you didn't, or I wouldn't have my daughter"?!?! Now on with our investigation.... She is so horrible.

They're all horrible people. Sam Shawn, Michael, Willow, Carly ... and Jason with his Michael propping. Jason is utterly blind to how awful Michael and Josslyn are, and he gives Carly a pass for her awfulness. Spencer too for deliberately making his father miserable so he can have him all to himself

It is so hypocritical of Shawn to go on this righteous crusade to put the shooter behind bars "Who knows how many other people they've hurt?" when he was a mob flunkey and followed orders to shoot Jake Doe among others. If they want to redeem him, have him acknowledge his own mistakes an try to make them right, not aim for someone else's.

Other than Carly, are there people invested in making the MoC a love match? I think better of Jason because he looks ill every time Carly tries to push it as love.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Thanks for the Hayden shooting refresher.  I can honestly say that I have zero recollection of any of it-

That doesn't matter, since they're retconning the whole story now anyway.

Like literally rewriting the story thanks to that bonus scene we got between Liz and Nik today.  Are these writers so lazy that they can’t come up with an actual original storyline for Shawn?  He’s a decent actor.  Good looking.  Ties to the community.  I mean it wouldn’t be that hard!!

Ah holy hell and here we have Willow and Michael using wrapping their child’s birthday presents as foreplay.  Wonderful.  My day is complete now.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

At least KM's acting is consistent in not giving a crap about Drew outside of Scout.

I continue to hate this rewrite.  It truly is fast forward material.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Baby Jonas Michael Corinthos.  August 1 2019. Another retcon because that baby lived at least 2 days till Brad got him.

Thanks, that makes sense.

(edited)

I read this really interesting thread on twitter, written by a black woman, and her thoughts are that they retconned this because  having a bunch of white people around who knew a black man was in jail for a crime he didn't commit doesn't look good post-BLM.  I mean,  I would argue it didn't look good at the time either.   And someone of course ran in (probably Karen) to point out that Shawn worked for the mob and was there to shoot someone else, and her answer was "So what?"

I laughed.  She went on to point out that the show is filled with white criminals who aren't in prison.   All true. 

I'll tell ya, I think she's on to something.  I think this is why they retconned this story.   She had a lot more to say, especially about the white writers who wrote Shawn as wanting to go to prison to protect Sonny.  I wish she posted here.  Very interesting stuff and gave me a new perspective!

Edited by CeChase
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I read this really interesting thread on twitter, written by a black woman, and her thoughts are that they retconned this because  having a bunch of white people around who knew a black man was in jail for a crime he didn't commit doesn't look good post-BLM.  I mean,  I would argue it didn't look good at the time either.   And someone of course ran in (probably Karen) to point out that Shawn worked for the mob and was there to shoot someone else, and her answer was "So what?"

I laughed.  She went on to point out that the show is filled with white criminals who aren't in prison.   All true. 

I'll tell ya, I think she's on to something.  I think this is why they retconned this story.   She had a lot more to say, especially about the white writers who wrote Shawn as wanting to go to prison to protect Sonny.  I wish she posted here.  Very interesting stuff and gave me a new perspective!

So they retcon the story by essentially white washing everyone who was involved? That makes it better as a social justice story? No. Absolving people of letting a man sit in jail doesn't make it better.  It's a cop out and a horribly written story no matter how much someone tries to twist it to fit their narrative.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8

Okay I think this was a good episode too, really soapy. 

So Chase is able to walk a few steps. (Why Austin is staring at him like that is beyond me) It will be curious to know what happens first - Chase gets stronger and stays in the chair because he wants to surprise Willow at the Rose Garden Wedding  or He overhears Millow profess their love and state they are only doing this until Chase walks and then becomes scuzzy and pretends he can't to keep Willow). I really hope he doesn't do the 2nd, but the 2nd is more soapy so...

(and I have to wonder what they were gonna do if Chase actually could never ever walk again? Just .... never tell him? have a raging affair behind his back like what?)

So I am actually surprised that Nina (even wanting to help Lenny) actively decided to not be around for Golden Child's birthday. weird. Also I never understand this whole thing about giving kids these big elaborate birthdays. They don't remember, and they only want the boxes anyway. Slap together some kid tunes, have a cake and everything. and throw the elaborate stuff for 15 year old birthdays

16 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Chase is somewhat annoying to me because he's put Willow up on this pedestal. She can never do anything wrong, he loves her so much, blah blah blah.

I'm hoping that this is still part of his "I almost died" Glow. so everyone is like super rainbows and love and yadayadayada.  but i amwith you i don't get why he has her that high (probably to make the inevitable blow up" be more "crushing" for him)

@statsgirl I think Willow said "Our son" because Michael said he still sees Jonah as his own (and mourned for him as his own), and it's actually Willow's kid so "our son" (but i will have to say it did sound sketch too). i still feel personally this entire relationship and "Wuv" is built on a dead baby and a spoilt baby and it's not going to lead to anywhere good. (but since i don't like Willow anymore, and I always hate Michael i also don't care).

I also had to laugh when Carly is like yay i am so glad you are part of my family (because in my head it went "because you do what i say and therefore, I can put up with you!"

i like that BLQ's disdain of Austin is mostly because of BLQ2 (so she'd be more open (maybe) if not for the baby lie. that's intriguing). I still don't geta read on Austin so i am still thinking he's shady. 

Honestly. this whole "Ned deserves to be CEO because he's a Q" is dumb. because it's not like he was making good decisions before Valentine took over. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Hater said:

So they retcon the story by essentially white washing everyone who was involved? That makes it better as a social justice story? No. Absolving people of letting a man sit in jail doesn't make it better.  It's a cop out and a horribly written story no matter how much someone tries to twist it to fit their narrative.

She wasn't speaking in the context of what is and what isn't a social justice story.  It was way deeper than that.   Probably too much so for here.  I was just mentioning it.  You don't have to read her book. 

• LOL 2

It's obvious they are trying to clear everyone who knew the truth about Hayden with this sudden retcon given the optics with Shawn today. That doesn't make it any less stupid. And Sean Blakemore is still the hottest man on the show, but I have zero faith they will give him anything to do. As a performer he always deserved better than what they gave him.

• Love 8

I am just trying to figure this out.

1. Shawn attempted to kill Jake on Sonny's orders.
  2. Shawn missed and at the same time a hitman shot Hayden.
  3. Shawn pled guilty  trying to kill Hayden so that he would not have to testify against Sonny.

So how does rewriting this help redeem Shawn? He was a hitman who went to jail to protect his boss. It's not like he was innocent.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, bannana said:

3. Shawn pled guilty  trying to kill Hayden so that he would not have to testify against Sonny.

So how does rewriting this help redeem Shawn? He was a hitman who went to jail to protect his boss. It's not like he was innocent.

sshhhhhhhhh. they want us to forget that part. that you know. Shawn is a killer and does belong in jail

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Sooo.... sounds like today's ep is reheated crap. Why can't we have more flashbacks of Finn throwing Peter down the stairs? I never get tired of that.

rs_560x314-151117125934-jazzy-jeff.gif?f

giphy.gif

No wonder I can't make any sense of this Nik/Shawn/Hayden shooting BS - they're pulling it out of their butts in one of the lamest retcons in recent memory.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

He wasn't innocent and Drew and Sam even offered to tell the judge the truth or whatever, and he refused saying he deserved the punishment for trying to kill Jakeson.  Not to mention, Shawn recently decided to do a favor for good ole mob boss Carly when he stabbed Jason in prison.

This story is terrible and should have been left the way it was originally written.  

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

As a black woman, I'm not a fan of this retcon either. I don't care why they're doing it. It doesn't work, IMO. We saw the story play out on our screens. It was just a few years ago. It was a major plot, and they want us to just forget it and swallow whatever crap they're selling now?!?! No thanks! How can I trust anything I watch on this show if they can randomly switch stuff up to suit their needs later?!? It's not good storytelling, IMO. And we all know Hayden (maybe not in this retconned universe) knows and doesn't care so why should I? This is just not a good story on any level, esp. when it changes everything we saw play out. 

That said, Shawn, IMO, should have been released from jail years ago. Brad should be out of jail. This show is populated w/criminals. I never wanted to see Shawn or Brad do time, esp. when all the other criminals get away w/their crimes. 

I must admit I thought it was Nelle at first but I changed my mind. I wish it were her though. She'd bring some much needed excitement to Millow . . . possibly. 

Millow is such an awful pairing, IMO. Even in their private moments, Willow seems timid and awkward around Michael. It's very odd. Their kisses do nothing for me. There's just no passion or heat btw them. That touch of their hands while passing (way too many) gifts was weak. They bore me. I missed what she said when it originally aired, but the comment about wishing Michael had been at her side instead of Chase during the big reveal about her baby was just unnecessary. I cannot wait until Chase is freed from this deluded witch. 

I still like Austin (of course I do). Maybe he can help Chase w/his PT or something. I like his interactions w/everyone so far. 

@Bringonthedrama - When I saw that stairwell retconned FB - I rolled my eyes so hard. My sister still thinks Nikolas did it, but I told her maybe he didn't. They've decided to change the entire story so who knows at this point? I still don't care. LOL! Hayden is not around so I couldn't care less who shot her FIVE YEARS AGO. Screw you, Show! 

Interesting Spencer/Ava scenes. 

And did anyone else hear Michael say something about not wanting to be the other man or thinking he would never be the other man?!?! Guess he forgot when he was "the other man" in his own BROTHER'S relationship! Michael is such trash. He and Willow are perfect for each other. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

When I saw that stairwell retconned FB - I rolled my eyes so hard. My sister still thinks Nikolas did it, but I told her maybe he didn't.

It felt like they did that scene so that at least one of the characters who knew Nik did it could be explained away. I still can't understand the point of this and that scene with Shawn and Sam made zero sense.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

"I was just doing my job."  Shawn is horrible and it's clear Sam still hasn't gotten over the fact Drew made her wear skirts and for that it's really ok that he's dead.  But, at least he knocked her up and she was able to give birth thru her jeans, so bygones!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Good point @lala2   that this Poor Shawn retcon would have more weight if Hayden weren't still alive and in hiding somewhere. And if Shawn hadn't agreed to a plea deal which put him in prison. Doesn't the accused usually get an idea of the sentence before agreeing to the deal?

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I think Willow said "Our son" because Michael said he still sees Jonah as his own (and mourned for him as his own), and it's actually Willow's kid so "our son"

He was mourned by Michael, and he was in reality Willow's but it's making the connection to them jointly that seems like she's lost reality, just like her falling apart when Nina told Wylie that he had another mother. Willow is too mentally fragile and no one cares.

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So it's Wiley's birthday slash the day the other Wiley died and Lucas (who?) is...where?

Since Austin took over for Lucas at the hospital, maybe the writers think that they can slot him into the birthday too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I have noticed that whenever Chase and Brook Lynn are on my screen, I always come out with a big smile after watching them. They have what it takes to be a great soap couple. I just need Chase and BLQ to free themselves from this Millow dumpster fire

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Cheetara1986 said:

I have noticed that whenever Chase and Brook Lynn are on my screen, I always come out with a big smile after watching them. They have what it takes to be a great soap couple. I just need Chase and BLQ to free themselves from this Millow dumpster fire

i love them together but i say i really want them to be Epic Best Friends rather than lovers. 

• Love 12
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"I was just doing my job."  Shawn is horrible and it's clear Sam still hasn't gotten over the fact Drew made her wear skirts and for that it's really ok that he's dead.  But, at least he knocked her up and she was able to give birth thru her jeans, so bygones!

That's why even with CM as Drew, I don't want Sam anywhere near him.  Dante can have her all day.   

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 1:18 AM, tvgoddess said:

Not only this, but Ava looked freaking fabulous. She's not divorced yet; she's still married to a prince. She can wear whatever the damn hell she wants. And looks incredible doing it!

I have generally loved Ava's fashion choices--and she looked--well AVA at the pool.  And I take back what I said about NuNina when she first appeared. She's settled in nicely.

And could they just stop the WSB crap.  I don't know how the actors don't crack up when saying their lines. Just let Valentine just be Valatine.😍

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 2

I do like the interaction between Valentin and BL-they’d make great best friends when all of this plays out in whatever stupid way the writers can make it play. I’m sick to death of Carly and Jason. I’m liking Elizabeth and Finn as friends and possibly more. I must admit that this show is starting to show some spark and interest after being so terribly boring for so long.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I need this on a shirt with established 1996 underneath it. 

Just think- if Sarah Joy Brown had given the Powers that Be a little more time to write out her character in 2001, they wouldn't have needed to bring in Tamara Braun and we could have been done with Carly twenty years ago.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Earlier Willow told Michael that she wished he had been at the grave of "our son". Michael was not the father of that baby. Willow really needs a psychiatric assessment. Stat.

I'm confused as hell.  What makes that baby a Corinthos?  Didn't Brad and Lucas name the Willow/Shiloh baby Wiley?  Then there was the SID, and the baby was switched with the Nelle/Michael baby, a.k.a. Jonah?  The heat has fried my brain.

On another show, this "our son" business would be a huge red flag that Willow is conflating the two babies (which she has been doing all along, IMO) and that she is in dire need of an appointment with Dr. Collins.

On this show, it's just Michael and Willow being schmoopy with one another.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I watched the show live today, and I needed to sit with it for a long while because I needed that much distance. I thought it was an absolutely horrible episode (which sucks to begin with since yesterday was a highlight for me). But the grossness of Michael/Willow, the eye-rolling over Carly and Jason, and the absolute insult to our intelligence combined with such an epically stupid rewrite that they're pushing is beyond me. One of the worst cases I can ever recall. And Frank (or at least his intern) is really doubling down and enjoying it while laughing in our faces. He got slammed on Twitter for it, but I'm sure it will just make him think that we're engaged with the story. Better to hate a story than to be indifferent in his eyes.

I'm not sure who I want for BLQ, but I like her as friends only with both Chase and Valentin.

Spencer is on my absolute last nerve. He's making Ava look like a complete idiot. Such a little prick. And his hair is awful. I can't think of any guy on this show that has good hair. Why is it all so ugly?

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Whoever it was who mentioned that Carly and Jason are taking their sweet time getting married wasn't kidding. If it's so important to present a united front to the Novaks, go down to the courthouse and do the deed. Hell, ask a Novak to be a witness to make it legit in their eyes.

That was me. At least, I was one of them. November sweeps is looking like a certainty more and more by the day. I hope I'm still alive by then and I haven't rid myself of all technology to be rid of the ridiculousness. But we'll see if my prediction is right.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That birthday celebration for a 4 year old was really gross. Wylie is going to grow up as entitled as Michael and Josslyn.

I thought they said he was 3. Which makes it even worse. Whatever his age, he's just another child that I don't care that he exists. So many unnecessary kids on this show.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I can't think of any guy on this show that has good hair. Why is it all so ugly?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually really like Michael's hairstyle right now. I think it's his most flattering one. I also like Chase's hair a lot.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Daisy said:

sshhhhhhhhh. they want us to forget that part. that you know. Shawn is a killer and does belong in jail

But so is most of the cast.  Jason is a killer who belongs in jail.  Ava is a killer who belongs in jail.  Sonny is a killer who belongs in jail.    That's the whole point.   People are up in arms over Shawn, why?

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, lala2 said:

As a black woman, I'm not a fan of this retcon either. I don't care why they're doing it. It doesn't work, IMO. We saw the story play out on our screens. It was just a few years ago. It was a major plot, and they want us to just forget it and swallow whatever crap they're selling now?!?! No thanks! How can I trust anything I watch on this show if they can randomly switch stuff up to suit their needs later?!? It's not good storytelling, IMO. And we all know Hayden (maybe not in this retconned universe) knows and doesn't care so why should I? This is just not a good story on any level, esp. when it changes everything we saw play out. 

That said, Shawn, IMO, should have been released from jail years ago. Brad should be out of jail. This show is populated w/criminals. I never wanted to see Shawn or Brad do time, esp. when all the other criminals get away w/their crimes. 

The woman whose twitter feed I mentioned, wasn't opining that this retcon was a good idea, she was discussing how the all white writers got themselves into this position in the first place.  Like, basically, if they had some writers of color on the show, they might have realized then that having the black guy take the fall for a crime he didn't commit?  Not a great idea.  Having a bunch of white people know about it and do nothing?  Not a great idea.  (although that second part probably pretty realistic).  Writing the story so that Shawn is presented with the opportunity to plead his innocence but then decides to plead guilty so white dude Sonny skates?  Not a good idea.  

It was an interesting perspective.  And her bottom line was, go cry to someone else that Shawn is a criminal who was there to do a hit, who on this show running around completely free isn't?    Stop bringing that up.  It's hypocrisy.  Which I think is true. 

This next part is 100% me talking; I think people are constantly complaining that Shawn is a criminal so this social justice story is stupid, are using that as a cover, consciously or otherwise.  They don't want a social justice story on their soap.   They want to be comfortable.  Some do it unconsciously, but plenty are ranting about "woke soaps" in other places.  Just my view. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 2

The bottom line for me is I want Shawn on my screen.  He's WAY hotter than Sonny or Jason or sure, and actually pretty much the hottest guy on the cast right now.  I thought Billy Miller was when he was on, but they're not bringing him back and his new replacement is not my type.  So I really don't care about all of the complaints about 'wah he's a hitman!" yeah and?  Do you know what show you're watching?  The hitmen are the heroes of your show.  But they're not hot, if they ever were, that day has passed. 

13 hours ago, jsbt said:

As a performer he always deserved better than what they gave him.

That is practically every actor on the show. The talent on this show that's squandered is a bigger crime than Sonny never paying for anything.

Interesting Spencer/Ava scenes. 

I hope she's getting suspicious of that little turd. He was rather threatening when he told her to stay away from Nik. Hey, Spencer, how about you tell your father to stay away from Ava? Nik is the one trying to keep that relationship alive.

And did anyone else hear Michael say something about not wanting to be the other man or thinking he would never be the other man?!?! Guess he forgot when he was "the other man" in his own BROTHER'S relationship! Michael is such trash.

That cracked me up. The whole Michael/Lauren/Morgan triangle was a dumpster fire from the get go, but everyone knew exactly what they were doing. No one was the injured party. That was another example of Michael as gutless worm, too.

12 hours ago, Daisy said:

i love them together but i say i really want them to be Epic Best Friends rather than lovers. 

Same. The can be each other's get-a-grip friend. (Which they sort of already are except for the dumb Willow/Michael secret.)

16 minutes ago, CeChase said:

People are up in arms over Shawn, why?

Because of the exceptionally stupid writing and the insulting white-savior aspect. They're trying to have it both ways with Shawn: the noble mob flunky takes the fall for his boss, but a racist judge gave him an unfair sentence. Had Shawn been railroaded into any of this, the story would be a tiny bit better. But he willingly pleaded guilty for attempted murder.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That is practically every actor on the show. The talent on this show that's squandered is a bigger crime than Sonny never paying for anything.

I hope she's getting suspicious of that little turd. He was rather threatening when he told her to stay away from Nik. Hey, Spencer, how about you tell your father to stay away from Ava? Nik is the one trying to keep that relationship alive.

That cracked me up. The whole Michael/Lauren/Morgan triangle was a dumpster fire from the get go, but everyone knew exactly what they were doing. No one was the injured party. That was another example of Michael as gutless worm, too.

Same. The can be each other's get-a-grip friend. (Which they sort of already are except for the dumb Willow/Michael secret.)

Because of the exceptionally stupid writing and the insulting white-savior aspect. They're trying to have it both ways with Shawn: the noble mob flunky takes the fall for his boss, but a racist judge gave him an unfair sentence. Had Shawn been railroaded into any of this, the story would be a tiny bit better. But he willingly pleaded guilty for attempted murder.

Oh yeah the writing is really stupid and very white.  That was the point.  I mean why are people so up in arms that he's out of prison even though he's a hitman?   So are most of the cast.  It doesn't bother me that Shawn is out of prison even though he was a hitman, because so is Jason.  Ava is a stone cold murderer and she isn't in prison.  Sonny murdered AJ in cold blood and not only is he not in prison, Aj's own mother isn't mad at him.  I mean the whole show doesn't make sense when you think about it.  I say, let the hot guy out of prison too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1