Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Thank you! I had forgotten that part. Someone mentioned the same thing on another board so that means Sam, Drew, and Curtis know as well!! 

This is beyond lame - to retcon a story where so many ppl played key roles! And why? Is RB coming back or something? Why dredge all this up again? I'm happy Sean is out, but I don't want to see Nikolas in jail!  

No, she isn't. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

As an Elizabeth fan, having her early youth retconned for a character because the Show stupidly killed off Emily but wants to pat itself on the back for hiring a trans actor to play a doctor who will also engage in pushy girlfriendy gossip, bugs me.  (That is not an endorsement of NL's acting, by the way.)

I really wish Lucky had also found his BFF Emily on that island when he found Jake. Liz having to deal with a Jake that was more bonded to Emily because she took care of him during those years they were missing would have been good soap. 

• Love 2

Did Liz know that Terry had transitioned? I have a vague recollection of Terry showing up at Liz's door, Liz kind of not recognizing her, ad Terry explaining that she had transitioned.

Liz was 15 when she showed up in Port Charles as a bad girl. That's kind of late for a first kiss for a bad girl. I can buy that Lucky was her first real kiss but she experimented earlier at 10 or 12 with her best friend.

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jason's choice to take care of/be loyal to Carly as Michael's mother, and Sonny, above all else for the rest of his life lost him Robin. Robin knew she wouldn't have the kind of life she wanted if she decided well, I'm in love with Jason, period.

Jason has a need to protect the few people he cares about (his children not included in that number). Yes, he worked for Sonny at the time but if he hadn't felt the need to take care of Michael and thus Carly,  would he have bound himself to Sonny so deeply and permanently? Even now with Sonnydead he could have walked awau if not for Carly.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did Liz know that Terry had transitioned? I have a vague recollection of Terry showing up at Liz's door, Liz kind of not recognizing her, ad Terry explaining that she had transitioned.

She didn't know until Terry told her that first night.

(edited)

Yeah, I remember there was some "comedy" about Franco being jealous because they didn't know Terry had transitioned.

The thing that annoys me most is the "Biz" of it all.  It's such lazy shorthand.  "See, they're totally lifelong friends because Terry has this extremely basic nickname for Liz.  And we'll remind you over and over again!"  Ugh. 

And as I keep saying, if they wanted to add a trans character to the cast, it could have been a great story if they had had Sarah reenter Liz's life having transitioned.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

My thing is it’s being written as if these two were besties when longtime viewers know that’s just not true. They could have just said Liz and Terri went to high school together and knew each other, that would be believable. And saying they were besties before she moved to PC when they couldn’t be more than 13-14?  That’s even less believable. 

How does that make it less believable? People have childhood best friends. I had someone who I had been best friends with even younger than that re-enter my life after decades without speaking and she ended up being in my wedding. She wasn't my best friend, but it would have been accurate to call her my oldest friend.

I don't think the show has ever tried to say the two have been best friends their entire lives, but that they were friends when they were younger - before Liz was introduced on the show - and that while they hadn't always kept in touch (since Liz didn't know about her transition) that they had been close enough that Liz was happy to see her and still felt close to her.

8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

A) She put Elizabeth on the spot in front of other people, and it wasn't at a time when Elizabeth was comfortably talking about her family connections. My read on it was that she was being pushy/intrusive.

B) I would agree with you, had the Show not specifically addressed Elizabeth's sexuality and comfort level as a teenage girl, post-rape. Her friendship and first kiss  experience with Terri would have been directly relevant to  her first kiss with Lucky, a guy friend she had a crush on, as well as Lucky sleeping on the floor since she supposedly had sleepovers with Terri in the past.  That first kiss with Lucky was such a big deal, with Elizabeth up to that moment wondering if she could ever feel normal again after being raped.  There was a strong implication at the time that she had never been physically or emotionally close with a boy prior to the rape, and never once mentioned Terri to Emily as she and Lucky were getting close. That's why I feel it's a retcon.

A) I don't remember the scene in question so can't really argue whether she was pushy or intrusive, but pushy or intrusive isn't the same as it being "none of her business."

B) But, like you said, it was a strong implication, not anything specifically stated. Just because it goes against what you've speculated about the character doesn't necessarily make it a retcon since it's not contradicting anything explicitly stated about Liz's history. My take on the Liz character when she first was introduced is there's no way there wasn't some experimentation with a boy or outright dating before she came to PC, whether Liz specifically mentioned it or not.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The thing that annoys me most is the "Biz" of it all.  It's such lazy shorthand.  "See, they're totally lifelong friends because Terry has this extremely basic nickname for Liz.  And we'll remind you over and over again!"  Ugh. 

My only issue with the Biz nickname is it's a stupid nickname and the reasoning behind it was kind of lame. Other than that, I have no problem with that kind of lazy shorthand. When people have known each other for ages sometimes they have those kind of nicknames for each other. Same reason I have no issue with Jackie calling Chase "Harry." The only problem IMO is if it's the only thing used to establish that connection.

• Love 6
On 7/23/2021 at 5:11 PM, Hater said:

Yes.  This is a total rewrite though because several people know Nik ordered the shooting and it was on screen.  It's embarrassingly bad imo.

It would be one thing to make a rewrite if only one person knew that Nikolas hired the hitman to shoot Hayden. But at least six or seven people know the truth, including Hayden. It's so stupid and this story has no stakes before it even starts because we the audience and half of Port Charles know it was Nikolas, unless they are going to rewrite the ending for reasons.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

My only issue with the Biz nickname is it's a stupid nickname and the reasoning behind it was kind of lame. Other than that, I have no problem with that kind of lazy shorthand. When people have known each other for ages sometimes they have those kind of nicknames for each other. Same reason I have no issue with Jackie calling Chase "Harry." The only problem IMO is if it's the only thing used to establish that connection.

Also, they were children when the nickname came into existence, and how good a nickname does a kid ever come up with? I remember Liz and Steven reminiscing about how they would tease Sarah by calling her "Sairy Fairy." That's even dumber than "Biz," but it did sound like the kind of dumb name kids would make up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The show does this all the time. It's why they always connect newbies to an existing family, so they don't have to put any work into it. And then they get to crow about using the rich history of the show. Uh, that's not how it works.

8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

My only issue with the Biz nickname is it's a stupid nickname and the reasoning behind it was kind of lame.

Eh, it's a nickname Elizabeth was given as a kid. Those usually aren't the wittiest. At least it's not something like Poop Face.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And as I keep saying, if they wanted to add a trans character to the cast, it could have been a great story if they had had Sarah reenter Liz's life having transitioned.

That would have been really interesting.  I just personally don’t feel they should have made Teri Liz’s oldest friend. She could have just been added as someone who was an acquaintance in school if they wanted to connect the character. I think that would have had more impact because if she went to high school with Liz she would have also known Lucky, Nikolas, and that whole crew.  It feels forced to me. I have no problem with her being trans and it could make an interesting storyline, but I honestly don’t think the writers are up for it. Shit, I didn’t even know Terri was transgender even though I’ve been watching this show forever but just so happened to miss the episodes when it was mentioned. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 1
(edited)

After watching that petty bickering scene between Terry and Britt, I got this bad feeling when Monica called them both in to discuss the CoS decision. I just hope we’re not getting “Co-chiefs of Staff Randolph and Westbourne” because (a) it’s stupid, and (b) we will subjected to regular sessions of their back and forth hijinks. Britt has really grown on me since they’ve been writing her as a rational person who speaks her mind, stands up for herself, shows vulnerability, yet still has a sense of humor. Watching her snark it up with the annoying and pointless Terry will just undo all the great progress they’ve made with her character.

Edited by BlueberryJane23
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

After watching that petty bickering scene between Terry and Britt, I got this bad feeling when Monica called them both in to discuss the CoS decision. I just hope we’re not getting “Co-chiefs of Staff Randolph and Westbourne” because (a) it’s stupid, and (b) we will subjected to regular sessions of their back and forth hijinks. Britt has really grown on me since they’ve been writing her as a rational person who speaks her mind, stands up for herself, shows vulnerability, yet still has a sense of humor. Watching her snark it up with the annoying and pointless Terry will just undo all the great progress they’ve made with her character.

I don't think they're going to show nearly enough of Terry or this storyline for any of that to take place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Willow is beyond awful. Why Chase can’t tell she doesn’t love him, is beyond my understanding. Her facial expressions give her away each time. And that totally unbelievable “I love you” was so lame. Her ass couldn’t even Arse itself to kiss him goodbye. She treats him as exactly what Chase said-out of pity.

Oh SHUT UP, Jason. You wouldn’t be there without that heinous beast? She wasn’t the one at your bedside when you woke up and turned into Jason Morgan. 

I’m no fan of Britt’s, but has Terri always been so judgmental? What with her accusing of Britt getting into bed with Cyrus. While he did hire her to replace Monica, Britt by no means was pushing drugs through the hospital like he was doing.

I just find Terri annoying. And this sudden appointment of who will be the chief of staff as some election where those that want it need “votes” to secure or bolster their chances. It’s so stupid.

Call me when Robert returns.

• Love 6

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with the Monica/Jason scene at all.  It was him hiding behind some tepid "we all made mistakes" bullshit, plus actual revisionist history about what Carly did.  

Honestly, scenes like that reinforce to me what a coward Jason is, in some sense.  Someone else pointed this out, but Jason's made enough comments to show deep down he knows that Sonny and Carly (and himself) are morally in the wrong.  But to actualize that means he's wasted his life, and he won't face it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/22/2021 at 12:32 AM, Kim0820 said:

She could come to attend PCU. 

Leave Emma away from this shitshow town! 😜 She is super happy in Cali with her parents and little brother, thank you! Douchey Spencer and annoying Joss can stink up the joint allllllllll by their lonesome!

(Based on the VERY occasional Trina clip I have seen, I am sorry she is stuck with these two.)

Thank God Scrubs and their Scrublets are nowhere around.

• Love 6
On 7/24/2021 at 12:16 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm pretty sure this perspective on Spencer is the writers'/Show's intention.  They are continuing on with who Spencer has always been, in this recast. 

And that’s my entire problem with the character. Young bratty Spencer was eyeroll-inducing annoying, but twentysomething bratty Spencer is just too much to endure. Even obnoxious twits grow up a little, or at least evolve their behavior patterns.

I am very confused by the pool set. There is sunlight, so I assume it’s on the roof. But why are there walls? Someone went to the trouble of erecting walls with no ceiling? Why would you want to do that? You might want a barrier for safety, but why block the view? Why not put up a fence, or see-through plexiglass walls? 
To me, it just looks like the restaurant set with deck chairs instead of tables.

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I am very confused by the pool set. There is sunlight, so I assume it’s on the roof. But why are there walls? Someone went to the trouble of erecting walls with no ceiling? Why would you want to do that? You might want a barrier for safety, but why block the view? Why not put up a fence, or see-through plexiglass walls? 
To me, it just looks like the restaurant set with deck chairs instead of tables.

It's like somebody wanted a pool set, but didn't think it through since the audience (including me) has spent way too much time trying to figure out its wheres and whys. 

I imagine the walls are there because it would have been too difficult to have a realistic looking outdoor background, but If they'd made it a screened-in pool, they could have stuck a couple potted plants around for atmosphere  and still had people dressed for the sun. And, of course, a few lines of dialog about its location and setup would have helped. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The teens are all versions of the parent characters we know best. Joss is "brave and strong" but expects the people close to her to put her problems first, which they usually do. Spencer is devious, entitled, and charming. (Mileage varies, of course, but "charming" is what they're writing and it's how people around him react to him.) Cameron is basically a good kid but gets bad ideas sometimes, acts on emotion and is prone to wallowing in regret when he screws up. Trina is hotheaded, kind of self-righteous, holds a grudge for a good long time, has very fixed ideas about right and wrong, but is loyal to someone she believes in. 

So, they're next-gen Carly, Nikolas, Liz, and Taggert. It's slightly complicated in that there's some Jax influence on Joss and some Portia influence on Trina, but the basic connecting lines are there. I can understand a viewer hoping they'd gone another way with it, and made at least one of them completely the opposite of what we'd expect (like making Joss the antithesis of Carly and always at odds with her), but it's not an inherently bad plan.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/23/2021 at 3:09 AM, mason86 said:

how tall is spinelli? he's an average looking guy but very popular

It seems that he is only on the show because SBu came back and might have been cute/hacker once upon a time.  But as an adult he has(d) an awesome wife and a couple of kids and chooses to associate with a violent felon and work for a mob boss.  And 'popular' is especially subjective these days with the internet/clicks as just one measure.   This viewer rues the day the SBu came back and wishes that I could view Billy Miller's Jason and Curtis working together as a buddy team instead of SBu and Spinelli. 

On 7/24/2021 at 4:35 PM, YaddaYadda said:

They can't send away an African-American actor and character after they've just been done using him in their "social justice" piece. So instead of coming up with an actual storyline, they are just circling back and rewriting something nobody cares about. 

Since he was a science teacher, why not have him start teaching again or studying at night/apprentice at the hospital instead of focusing on his criminal past.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:38 PM, lala2 said:

I'm happy Sean is out, but I don't want to see Nikolas in jail!  

While this Nik is an improvement over the last one - he is too young for Ava and seems like he could use a lot more eye drops.  Ava and Valentine would be fun to watch.

I'll pull up a seat for one as I am enjoying RoHo's return as both a doctor and a Q (though, i wish that he would use less product in his hair).   Seems like Disney/ABC had issues with Franco's past [but apparently no issues with the criminal thuggish Corinthos clan].

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

But as an adult he has(d) an awesome wife and a couple of kids and chooses to associate with a violent felon and work for a mob boss. 

That's the show's MO, so it's not unique to Spinelli, alas. 

I usually don't mind Jason staying out of other people's lives, but the show takes it too far. It's okay for him to have an opinion here. Spinelli is supposed to be a good friend as well as a colleague, and it wouldn't hurt for Jason to say something along the lines of, "I'll be okay without you, but will you be okay without Ellie and Georgie?"

But of course the Corinthos mob is the be all and end all of career choices (unless you're Michael), so naturally it's worth ruining everything else in your life to serve those nitwits.

27 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Since he was a science teacher, why not have him start teaching again or studying at night/apprentice at the hospital instead of focusing on his criminal past.

Please. Teaching is for squares and losers. A combat vet like Shawn needs excitement and derring-do, not fidgety high schoolers and helicopter parents.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2021 at 12:47 PM, statsgirl said:

Will Nina have an attack of conscience and stop Carly from committing bigamy? I hope not.

I get the feeling they're doing the long haul with this story.  Sonny isn't getting his memory back or coming to Port Charles until Jason and Carly have been married...and fallen in love.  Kinda like Robert Scorpio marrying Holly to keep her in the country while the presumed dead Luke Spencer was recovering from an avalanche.  Luke didn't come home til Robert and Holly had fallen in love.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

until Jason and Carly have been married...and fallen in love.

I don't think Jason is capable of falling in love, not in the true sense.  I mean he loves Carly as his best friend, but in a lover/girl/boy way, I don't think it's possible.  Carly on the other hand, will be all in come hell or high water.  Which means, when/if Sonny returns, Jason will gladly hand Carly back to him, but she might not be in a rush to give up her new status as Mrs Jason Morgan.  

• Love 5

I think it depends on if it's Mike or Sonny who comes back, and if it's Mike, how long he stays that way. Jason will always give back the bidness to Sonny, and Carly will always want to be with the most powerful man. That's how she gets her power.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

But as an adult he has(d) an awesome wife and a couple of kids

Eh? Jar Jar Binks and Ellie never married; and I think he only has the one child--Georgie.

No sympathy for this asshat, who's moaning and groaning about Ellie leaving him. When he chose Jaysus over Ellie. 

33 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I get the feeling they're doing the long haul with this story.  Sonny isn't getting his memory back or coming to Port Charles until Jason and Carly have been married...and fallen in love.  Kinda like Robert Scorpio marrying Holly to keep her in the country while the presumed dead Luke Spencer was recovering from an avalanche.  Luke didn't come home til Robert and Holly had fallen in love.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Don't even put that into the universe or even compare such a wonderful love story to this piece of craptasticshitfest of a "story."

27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

what a freaking cop-out. 

Wha happen?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wha happen?

oh how they are just going to make Britt + Terri co chief of staff (or they both lose the job). like. whatever.  and they basically gave Nina an out by having Mike say today that knowing about his real life scares him and he felt horrible holding a gun. so she could say that he said that a few times so she decided to "honour" his decisions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and they basically gave Nina an out by having Mike say today that knowing about his real life scares him and he felt horrible holding a gun. so she could say that he said that a few times so she decided to "honour" his decisions.

I'm ok with this, myself.  Everyone online has been gnashing their teeth over Niina not telling anyone the truth about Sonny and how it's all her fault.  But I firmly believe that Sonny (and Phyllis) are as much if not more to blame.  Sonny could have tried a bunch of different things to find out his real identity (fingerprints, spaming social media with his face, police reports) but he chose none of those things because he didn't want to know.  Because hanging out in a small town with a couple of friends meant more to him than the possibility of a wife/kids/grandkids in the world.  

So I for one am glad that they have his saying what he's saying and has said it more than once, so that when the truth does come out he won't be able to claim that Nina betrayed him, since he has zero interest in the truth.  

Ok, so Jason found the freezer and then FAnna found the freezer.  I'm guessing there won't be a body in there when FAnna open it.  So the question will be, did Jason find the body and disposed of it, or was there no body when Jason opened the freezer?

• Love 6
(edited)
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Don't even put that into the universe or even compare such a wonderful love story to this piece of craptasticshitfest of a "story."

I didn't compare the stories, only speculating that the current regime of writers might be copying and pasting elements of a classic story from the past.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm ok with this, myself.  Everyone online has been gnashing their teeth over Niina not telling anyone the truth about Sonny and how it's all her fault.  But I firmly believe that Sonny (and Phyllis) are as much if not more to blame.  Sonny could have tried a bunch of different things to find out his real identity (fingerprints, spaming social media with his face, police reports) but he chose none of those things because he didn't want to know.  Because hanging out in a small town with a couple of friends meant more to him than the possibility of a wife/kids/grandkids in the world.  

So I for one am glad that they have his saying what he's saying and has said it more than once, so that when the truth does come out he won't be able to claim that Nina betrayed him, since he has zero interest in the truth.  

Oh i don't think it's Nina's fault (I do think she's kinda scuzzy for not saying anything and falling in love with him etc). It will be something to see if Mike putting ownership on himself will stick.  I just feel in a sense that Nina should be feeling a lot more ... i dunno something about what she's doing. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

he won't be able to claim Nina betrayed him

It's not up to her to keep his life from him. If Mike doesn't believe it/like it/want to return to it, that's on him, but Nina should have told him who he is somewhere along the line. She's being a selfish idiot.

• Love 5

The one thing I liked about Jason is that while he always fell for Carly's manipulations, he didn't fall in love with her. It was more responsibility than caring for her personally.

And Jason/Britt interactions are so much more fun than Jason and Carly.

Sonny and Nina flirting was just gross.

3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Sonny could have tried a bunch of different things to find out his real identity (fingerprints, spaming social media with his face, police reports

And we know that Sonny's fingerprints are on the police files.

Sam, the 70s porno movie called and wants their wardrobe back.

Nitpicking department: how could Peter be bleeding out if he didn't have a pulse?

I so much mind Terry having a backstory with Liz or calling her Biz but I really hate ti when she's being bitchy to Britt. It's so unpleasant, like an outsider trying to it in with the cool kids. She doesn't have the finesse.

I have to give Monica props for recognizing that the CoS needs to have administrative skills.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I usually don't mind Jason staying out of other people's lives, but the show takes it too far. It's okay for him to have an opinion here. Spinelli is supposed to be a good friend as well as a colleague, and it wouldn't hurt for Jason to say something along the lines of, "I'll be okay without you, but will you be okay without Ellie and Georgie?"

But of course the Corinthos mob is the be all and end all of career choices (unless you're Michael), so naturally it's worth ruining everything else in your life to serve those nitwits.

Agree that Jason should for once be a real friend to Spinelli and help him work out the situation. If the only thing that gives Spinelli life is hacking for the mob, he has real problems.

It's curious that they make Michael this s[lit personality who says how wonderful Sonny and the mob is but functions entirely in the lawful (relatively) world of the Quartermaines. It would be so much more interesting if there was a mob person lurking in there.

• Love 3

Yeah, I've noticed that when people start complaining about unanswered questions then they come up with lame answers. Maybe we're better off not knowing? 

Today was all over the place. And I can't understand why they think we're that stupid that we don't remember Hayden's shooting, or they just don't care. Either way, I'm completely taken out of this story. Sam was trying to distract with that cover up though. Jax can sit and spin.

57 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Jason's got a long way to go before he gets to love with Carly. He still looks nauseated every time she brings up the marriage.

Ryan not being totally out of it was obvious, but I liked his little smirk at the end.

And now it's officially on record that Mike chose this other life over his current one. Which is going to be kind of hilarious when Sonny comes back. 

I fear our long national celebration of Peter being dead is soon coming to an end.

Monica looked kind of gleeful about the whole co-chief thing, hee. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Ugh, catching up from Friday and have some thoughts.

When Jason asked if it was ok to say hi Britt should have said “No.  Eat shit.”  Jason has turned into kind of a weenie lately.  I did like Roger/Austin’s reaction to him.

I chuckle every time they show Alexis, supposedly suffering terribly in prison yet her manicure remains intact (a French mani of all things!).  NLG loves French manis, I feel like she’s worn them for years.

As far as the CoS position, is it really chosen by a popularity vote a la student council  president?  That is so silly.  Both Britt and Teri seem like competent medical professionals.  It’s insulting.

I loved Ava’s over the top getup at the pool.  This woman has style.  Her hair looked fab.  I also love that she and Trina hang out.  What a cute friendship.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think I'll fast forward all this Hayden stuff.   Unless Nik did not order the shooting, what is the point of this rewrite? There is no other way to give these characters a storyline?   

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

but Nina should have told him who he is somewhere along the line. She's being a selfish idiot.

Completely, 100% agree.  After the initial, pissed off, 'then i'm not telling you what I know' phone conversation with Carly, she should have said something to someone.  The fact that she didn't and is now falling for the idiot and talking to him about spending time with her grandson, who also happens to be his grandson is icky and gross.  BUT, my argument is that Sonny is as much to blame for this mess as she is, by simply being such a lazy ass that he can't be bothered to find out the truth.  

Not discounting her large roll in it, but also not letting him off the hook either.  Because when the truth comes out, Nina will have all the fallout and it will be 'you took advantage of poor widdle Sonny' which is utter bullcrap, since he's perfectly capable of finding out the truth on his own.  Heck, he could have found out the truth months before Nina even showed up in NF.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

BUT, my argument is that Sonny is as much to blame for this mess as she is, by simply being such a lazy ass that he can't be bothered to find out the truth. 

Oh, I don't let Sonny off the hook. Like I said, he can decide what he wants to do with the information, but she needs to tell it to him. 

What mostly annoys me about this is that Sonny will get one or two finger wags about not pursuing his identity, but Nina will end up drawn and quartered in the town square. The inequity of it is so aggravating. No Corinthos can ever be all-out wrong about something. The show always makes it so they can have it both ways.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What mostly annoys me about this is that Sonny will get one or two finger wags about not pursuing his identity, but Nina will end up drawn and quartered in the town square. The inequity of it is so aggravating. No Corinthos can ever be all-out wrong about something.

He'll have some big scene with Carly where he whispers how scared he was that "no one was looking for me, so I just gave up" and she'll say how sorry she is and he'll ~forgive her and Jason will be in the background looking earnest and relieved and Michael will look his usual constipated self and this will last 5.7 seconds before they start planning for Nina's downfall.

Except for the constipated look--that never goes away.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Can you teach with a criminal record, or did the conviction go away, too?  Unless he could teach adults at GED level? 

• Useful 1
On 7/24/2021 at 1:34 PM, tvgoddess said:

There's no suspecting when it comes to Sam. She confronted Nikolas and then he and Drew (Jason at the time) got into a big fight and Drew/Jason almost killed him.

That's all retconned today. I was so surprised to see Sam wearing color and speaking loudly/clearly enough to be heard, that I almost missed her "Huh? Hmmm" expression when Jax said try Elizabeth, she's Hayden sister, and then told her and Shawn that he and Hayden had been working with Nikolas so he could get the Cassadine fortune back.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, dubbel zout said:

The show does this all the time. It's why they always connect newbies to an existing family, so they don't have to put any work into it. And then they get to crow about using the rich history of the show. Uh, that's not how it works.

So true!!

On 7/25/2021 at 2:37 PM, BlueberryJane23 said:

After watching that petty bickering scene between Terry and Britt, I got this bad feeling when Monica called them both in to discuss the CoS decision. I just hope we’re not getting “Co-chiefs of Staff Randolph and Westbourne” because (a) it’s stupid, and (b) we will subjected to regular sessions of their back and forth hijinks. 

That's exactly what the Show is doing.  

19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m no fan of Britt’s, but has Terri always been so judgmental? What with her accusing of Britt getting into bed with Cyrus. While he did hire her to replace Monica, Britt by no means was pushing drugs through the hospital like he was doing.

I just find Terri annoying. 

Today Dr. Randolph sounded like a high school/early college brat talking to Britt in Monica's office.  She was mad that Britt brought up her gossiping at the Nurse's Station (which is true, and unprofessional) and so she tried to turn it into Britt is bad for this hospital because she probably looked the other way while Cyrus did his thing, "Jason Morgan satisfying your needs?" etc.  Then eavesdropped on what Britt said to Jason and was like, are you going to turn down this job because of your ex? UGH.  This character is beyond annoying.

In the category of I just can't with this: Alexis and Nikolas openly discussing Spencer, Ava  and the divorce/stalker situation a few feet away from Ryan with Alexis insisting Ryan is de-activated and thus not a threat....Sonny saying he almost went to PC to "bring you back to me" like Nixon Fails is their home and they are a couple....Monica saying after Britt walked out that she decided and presented the idea of co-chiefs of staff to the board.... Jason telling Spinelli to disable the camera and then within moments in the dark in the basement, searching for the freezer with a flashlight.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

she tried to turn it into Britt is bad for this hospital because she probably looked the other way while Cyrus did his thing, "Jason Morgan satisfying your needs?" etc.  Then eavesdropped on what Britt said to Jason and was like, are you going to turn down this job because of your ex? UGH.  This character is beyond annoying.

I'm assuming she didn't say all this about Jason in Monica's presence. Because, you know, the whole thing about him being her son.

But yeah. She can go now. Let's hope this co-chief of staff thing lasts as long as the one that Patrick and Robin had to do.

2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I fear our long national celebration of Peter being dead is soon coming to an end.

What? Like this asshat was able to stay dead and frozen for weeks, and suddenly, he's alive and escaped? Please, God. No.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm assuming she didn't say all this about Jason in Monica's presence. Because, you know, the whole thing about him being her son.

But yeah. She can go now. Let's hope this co-chief of staff thing lasts as long as the one that Patrick and Robin had to do.

Yeah she did do it in front of Monica. it was really... are you serious?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What? Like this asshat was able to stay dead and frozen for weeks, and suddenly, he's alive and escaped? Please, God. No.

Did you forget what show you were watching?  Nobody stays dead.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

giphy.gif

Talk about tone deaf. And Monica said...nothing?

She was total professional and basically said you realize that the lobbying is over, so there's no need that for the snipping they were doing (Well, Terry was doing). And then said y'all are co-chiefs. which then Britt stormed off. 

Where as if I was Monica I'd be like well you know It was gonna be co-chief but Britt, you're chief because Terry you are a child.  Like Terry's whole argument was(is) that basically Cyrus hired Britt thus she's obviously shady but Britt found out about the drugs and risked her life to shut it down. that's pretty much common knowledge so what is her issue.  

• Love 7

Britt walked away. If I were Monica, I would have given Terry the position since Britt stormed away like a child. IMO, they were both snapping at each other, but I wasn't paying close attn. I'm sure they will become friends though. What else is the point of this plot? I don't hate Terri. She's ok, so if she gets more friends than Liz, that's fine w/me. I was a fan of Ron C. who wrote for the entire cast. They may as well write for Terri and use her. 

Re: Sam/Jax/Shawn - Screw you, Show!! Your retcon is crap. 

I agree that Sonny could be doing more to find out his identity (I guess Google does not exist in the PC world), but Nina could resolve this quickly. She knows who he is, and she could tell him. IMO, the story would have been so much better if Nina had revealed Sonny's identity to him and Sonny CHOSE to not pursue that old life. Maybe he could have read about himself, not liked what he saw, and decided to stay in NF. That way, Nina's hands would be completely clean, and I'd love to see Carly's face when she learned that Sonny looked up who he was, didn't like what he saw, and chose a different life. Hahaha! That would sting! But they have set it up where Nina IS going to get most of the blame. I can't see many ppl faulting Sonny at all. Nina as been tossed under the bus w/this one. 

Why was Alexis taunting Ryan? What was that about? 

I actually liked the Liz/Jason and Fanna scenes. I guess Jason moved Peter's body, which will cause problems for Finn if he comes foward. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I agree that Sonny could be doing more to find out his identity (I guess Google does not exist in the PC world), but Nina could resolve this quickly. She knows who he is, and she could tell him. IMO, the story would have been so much better if Nina had revealed Sonny's identity to him and Sonny CHOSE to not pursue that old life. Maybe he could have read about himself, not liked what he saw, and decided to stay in NF. That way, Nina's hands would be completely clean, and I'd love to see Carly's face when she learned that Sonny looked up who he was, didn't like what he saw, and chose a different life. Hahaha! That would sting! But they have set it up where Nina IS going to get most of the blame. I can't see many ppl faulting Sonny at all. Nina as been tossed under the bus w/this one. 

that would have been a great story . 

so naturally they skipped it

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Did you forget what show you were watching?  Nobody stays dead.

No. But recently, they most sincerely and positively killed off Neil, Julian, real Nurse Chloe, Franco, and Heinrik. I want Heinrik to stay dead!dead!dead!

• Love 4

Monica should have given COS to Portia, an adult. Supposedly. (™Silas Clay forever)

I FFed through Mike and Nina. I NEVER CARED.

LOL that Nik and Alexis talk about Ryan three feet from him. He can still hear, people! It always cracks me up that no one remembers Ryan isn't some harmless blob. How many times has he come back to do evil? Learn from the past!

23 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I guess Jason moved Peter's body, which will cause problems for Finn if he comes foward. 

Wouldn't Peter's body being missing mean Finn is off the hook, at least for the time being?

• Love 6