Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Anna’s dress was very Dynasty. I guess FH had some say in it so I blame both her and wardrobe. As for, Maxie’s dress. It was awful. Of course, they need to account for the characters pregnancy (not the actress) but since it is fake the dress should have been better. With Peter being kidnapped I guess there won’t be some big reveal at the wedding that I was hoping for and led to believe. It seems the Peter saga is going to be dragged even longer. Ugh! 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Maxie's looked like something one would wear if they belonged to a new-age cult. 

Yeah, especially since she's supposed to be a fashion person, I'm surprised they couldn't put her in something (anything) a little more chic.

As for the photo array, all I could think was how did they get childhood pictures of Heinrich? Faison just never struck me as the "ordering picture-day pictures' kind of dad. 

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But what I want to know is Does Finn ever wear a condom? He doesn't need to with Anna but did he before? Two children he didn't know about is a lot.

Finn didn't know about Violet because Hayden horribly, terribly, selfishly lied to him that she had a miscarriage, and kept the truth from him for 5 years. He and Hayden were engaged to be married when she got pregnant. He knew about the pregnancy. The sex with Jackie was 30 years ago, a spur of the moment, passionate, desperate thing.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

Finn didn't know about Violet because Hayden horribly, terribly, selfishly lied to him that she had a miscarriage, and kept the truth from him for 5 years. He and Hayden were engaged to be married when she got pregnant. He knew about the pregnancy. The sex with Jackie was 30 years ago, a spur of the moment, passionate, desperate thing.

why did she lie?

(edited)
49 minutes ago, Daisy said:

why did she lie?

Because she's a heinous, selfish bitca? She was gonna get caught for bilking funds from GH (although she put them back), and didn't want Finn coming after her too hard after she left him on the day of their wedding. So she left him a note saying she lost their child, and they weren't meant to be, he was better off without her, blah, blah, blah. And then when she got up and walked away, we could see she was still clearly pregnant. THEN to make matters worse, a few years later she sent him a letter wanting him to meet her in Rome. She did this because she knew he had moved on and was with Anna, and essentially wanted him to choose her over Anna. When he didn't meet her, she (again) chose to be a heinous, selfish bitca and didn't tell him about their daughter because he didn't choose her over Anna.

Flash-forward to her showing up in Port Charles to scheme with Nicolas and get lots of money. She had ZERO intention of telling Finn about Violet. The ONLY reason he found out is because Violet got sick and wound up at GH. And *that* is how Hamilton Finn found out that he had a child. So, needless to say... with Jackie coming back AFTER all of this happened stirring up memories of another woman potentially lying to him about a child of his, another woman keeping a child of his from him, losing out again on all of these firsts, etc. Yeah, it DOES make sense.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Because she's a heinous, selfish bitca? She was gonna get caught for bilking funds from GH (although she put them back), and didn't want Finn coming after her too hard after she left him on the day of their wedding. So she left him a note saying she lost their child, and they weren't meant to be, he was better off without her, blah, blah, blah. And then when she got up and walked away, we could see she was still clearly pregnant. THEN to make matters worse, a few years later she sent him a letter wanting him to meet her in Rome. She did this because she knew he had moved on and was with Anna, and essentially wanted him to choose her over Anna. When he didn't meet her, she (again) chose to be a heinous, selfish bitca and didn't tell him about their daughter because he didn't choose her over Anna.

Flash-forward to her showing up in Port Charles to scheme with Nicolas and get lots of money. She had ZERO intention of telling Finn about Violet. The ONLY reason he found out is because Violet got sick and wound up at GH. And *that* is how Hamilton Finn found out that he had a child. So, needless to say... with Jackie coming back AFTER all of this happened stirring up memories of another woman potentially lying to him about a child of his, another woman keeping a child of his from him, losing out again on all of these firsts, etc. Yeah, it DOES make sense.

thanks for that. i wasn't watching then. that's horrible 😞 poor finn

• Love 2

Yeah, Hayden did Finn super dirty, but it was hella soapy.

The slide show thing at the wedding reminds me of my own.  We did the pictures before the ceremony, like the lives leading up to that moment, including our engagement pics.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

As for the photo array, all I could think was how did they get childhood pictures of Heinrich? Faison just never struck me as the "ordering picture-day pictures' kind of dad. 

Probably not. He'd be more about taking a picture after tossing someone off a cliff.

I think it's a plot point. I think Leisl is going to play Alex's message to Peter on there for all to see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So Valentin, in cahoots with Anna, had Peter grabbed to prevent the wedding from happening, to hold him somewhere until they get the evidence against him.  But Valentin's minion dumped Peter in the utility closet of the hotel, instead of, well, anywhere else on the planet and Dante immediately found him.  Wuh?  Valentin clearly needs to hire better minions.  

I had totally forgotten all about Liesl, so her showing up at the end to object made me squee in delight.  So long as what she has planned only hurts Peter and no one else, I'm there for the show.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I expected a better kidnapping from Valentin/Anna. Dante found Peter rather quickly. Speaking of Dante, I guess complete the mission was a huge bust since he’s done nothing to Peter since the return.

Not only was Valentin/Anna’s plan suspect (why not just expose Peter until they find evidence- most of the town thinks he’s scum so everyone except Maxie will believe you), it seems like Anna is going to let the wedding go on without exposing Peter. They’ve really thrown Anna and Maxie completely under the bus for him, haven’t they? It’s disappointing. 

• Love 8
(edited)
19 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I expected a better kidnapping from Valentin/Anna. Dante found Peter rather quickly. Speaking of Dante, I guess complete the mission was a huge bust since he’s done nothing to Peter since the return.

Not only was Valentin/Anna’s plan suspect (why not just expose Peter until they find evidence- most of the town thinks he’s scum so everyone except Maxie will believe you), it seems like Anna is going to let the wedding go on without exposing Peter. They’ve really thrown Anna and Maxie completely under the bus for him, haven’t they? It’s disappointing. 

They have completely throw them under the bus because they aren't RC's favorites, kind of like when Guza/JFP's used to throw anyone and everyone under the bus for Jason.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

Well, today turned out to be fun! Seriously, as much as I dislike Peter, I got a kick out of how quickly Valentin's plan folded. His men didn't even bother removing Peter from the premises when they knew everyone would be searching for him? That's shoddy work, Valentin, you deserve to take that L.

Anna's slack face look of "uh, what the shit do we do now?" when Peter appeared was great. I think the character seems much more comfortable in this space where she's disappointed and turned off by Peter than she ever did as the adoring mother. 

Finn's sadness at yet another road block in his path to marrying Anna made me feel bad for him, but you know, maybe this is a sign they aren't meant to last. I'm not particularly invested in Anna and Finn but I think she's done him wrong by keeping him in the dark with regard to Peter, so I wouldn't be opposed to Finn taking a step back from their relationship and exploring his options. (Such as Alexis, when she's healthy.)

Liesl coming in hot as the ceremony started to fuck things up was an expected delight. Has Lucy ever successfully officiated a wedding? This town needs to just stop throwing weddings and head to Vegas to do things Elvis style so it's harder for your enemies to burst in and ruin the moment. I mean, when there's only like six people in attendance anyway you may as well just elope in the first place and call it done, man.

• Love 7

Well that was 43 minutes of boredom until something happened.

Dammit Dante, you had one job.  I didn't know how much I wanted Peter gone until Dante saved him. "I will do anything in my power to keep Maxie safe."  Except leave her alone. The pained expression on Valentin's face is me.

Dante's snark to Britt about baby stealing would have been more cutting if there hadn't been all those contenders in the baby stealing department like Carly, Nina, Sonny and Jax.

23 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Sam’s dress is very distracting. I couldn’t figure out what it was reminding me of, but it just came to me. 

2127D18D-7056-4C5E-9946-0B77F871AFF5.jpeg.23385e9dc3fe87a884c3956a56df2041.jpeg

Poppin’ fresh, indeed.

And now I can't unsee that. It's perfect.

So Sam is Maxie's bridesmaid? That dress is passable for a member of the audience but bridesmaids are not supposed to take attention away from the bride.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I haven't watched yet, but DAMN. Anna did a better job of holing up Faison with intent to kill him before Robert stepped in to stop her.

Oh, how I miss GH: Scorpio Espionage Edition!

• Love 6

Aw, the brothers Scorpio have a conversation! I loved Mac sticking up for Maxie, even though Robert made an excellent point. Mac is always about his girls.

"Good lord, you're stunning. You should marry someone today." Hee.

Lucy's dress is nice, but the color is kind of weird for a wedding officiant.

Valentin's expression while Maxie and Peter were standing together was hilarious.

16 minutes ago, Linny said:

Liesl coming in hot as the ceremony started to fuck things up was an expected delight.

Yes! It was obvious she was going to do something, but that didn't stop her busting in from being any less welcome.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So Sam is Maxie's bridesmaid? That dress is passable for a member of the audience but bridesmaids are not supposed to take attention away from the bride.

Sam wearing anything would have taken attention from Maxie, because Maxie's dress was a hideous mess and she did not look like a bride. She looked like she was wearing some hand me down curtain from Regency England. 

So Valentin's plan was incredibly stupid. I don't know, I think that springing Peter from the MC would have worked better. But since I'm not a super spy, then I don't know how these things work. I must say, though, that the looks of dismay on Val and Anna's faces were great.

Did Curtis leave the wedding? He was not in that sparse crowd. And why are there so many chairs for a dozen people, if that? It looked empty and rather sad. 

It's so nice to have two episodes in a row without Carly. And it's more than a week since Sonny was on and everything is so peaceful. The sun is out and the birds are chriping!

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
(edited)

Dante's snark to Britt about baby stealing would have been more cutting if there hadn't been all those contenders in the baby stealing department like Carly, Nina, Sonny and Jax.

None of them were in the room and none of them took his kid.

I don't know if Faison would consider marrying Maxie winning something. Dumb ass Peter.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

But Valentin's minion dumped Peter in the utility closet of the hotel, instead of, well, anywhere else on the planet and Dante immediately found him.  Wuh?  Valentin clearly needs to hire better minions.  

Where are Johnny's guys when you really need them?

Edited by epona7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Dante's snark to Britt about baby stealing would have been more cutting if there hadn't been all those contenders in the baby stealing department like Carly, Nina, Sonny and Jax.

And even Sam, if I am not mistaken. The Sam they are trying to hitch to Dante.

All the dresses were horrid, Anna looked like she left the close hanger in it. (Was this ceremony supposed to be on Valentine's day hence the red dresses?) Anna looked horrible in white , she should have been in red. 

Sam's dress, egad, but I did like her hair for a change.

It really did seem like a COVID era wedding though, with so few guests and everyone sitting for far apart.

ETA:  Jordan to Chase "Any sign of the kidnappers?"  She is the worst.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

At least one of those slideshow pictures of young Anna, ie Finola Hughes, looked like her head was too big for her body

You would think a former agent like Valentine would be less sloppy when kidnapping someone

Let’s hope Liesl can actually get a win with her wedding interruption against Peter. She’s evil but the actress makes you feel sorry for her

• Love 2

LOVED LOVED LOVED Leisl busting and and Violet’s ‘uh-oh!’

Not to beat a dead horse but KeMo really needs to enunciate better.  I had to replay the previews four times to get that she turns to Dante to say ‘why don’t you look surprised?’ and not ‘why won’t you accept Christ?’

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Not to beat a dead horse but KeMo really needs to enunciate better.  I had to replay the previews four times to get that she turns to Dante to say ‘why don’t you look surprised?’ and not ‘why won’t you accept Christ?’

Dante: Are you blind? I am currently channeling him!

• LOL 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, epona7 said:

Where are Johnny's guys when you really need them?

Beat me to IT! That was my first thought, 😆.

Also, as an Anna/Finn fan , I was ❤ -ing all over their scenes. Tomorrow is gonna be so sad when he realizes she's been keeping stuff from him while he's been completely open and honest with her.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is that my girl, looking fantastic, sashaying around this stupid double wedding with a glass of champs and sassing?  You know you wanna join me on #teambritt!  Although I did love Dante's "steal any babies?" zinger as well.

And as a bonus, Lucy looking fabulous too!

And as an additional bonus, Obrecht gleefully asking if it's time to object!  You cliffhanger so good, Gati!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was awesome and Anna's impatient "Valentin!" right after he said it was even funnier.

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

As much as I want Leisl to destroy Peter, I'm going to hate all of the shade she'll be casting on Anna's actions regarding Alex's truly being Peter's mom--that's going to be painful to watch.  No doubt FH will play the hell out of it.

"Why won't you accept Christ?"  Dear GOD, I would love it if Sam suddenly found religion and started preaching to the people of Port Chuck 🙂

• Love 2

Lynn Herring looked amazing and rocking the bod at 62. I could tolerate Lucy today. Usually, they have her screeching & yelling but today she calm & subdued. If they could have her be like that everyday I’d love to see more of her. I totally forgot about Liesl and was glad to see for the cliffhanger. Although, I did think she was going to play the usb stick on the tv monitors to spoil the nuptials. Everyone looked nice and I actually got used to KM and her ponytail & her short short dress. Hopefully, tomorrow we’ll get the pay we are due after the last two years or so since Peter showed up. I think it’s time to close the book on him. 

• Love 5

I will say - i actually like Maxie's dress - but i don't like it on Maxie. 

Also. I want a Mac in my life. Two actually. A Daddy version and a Husband version. He is the best. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was...AWESOME! James Patrick Stuart is so good for a moment I thought he forgot his lines and that line was ad libbed!😄😄😄 Hee, indeed. That, Robert and Mac scenes, and the last 15 seconds were the only ones worth watching.

I just see no chemistry with Anna and Finn. Who knew I would be willing to see Anna and Valentin have a relationship?

But in lame stuff, Valentin did a better job when he kidnapped Robert! I expect his minions to do a better job!

• Love 6

I was so ready to bitch slap this show cuz I thought the stupid kidnapping was going to be yet another extension of this never-ending Peter saga, and yet another example of how GH sucks the drama out of the pay-offs we are all wanting. ...but no! Dante saves Peter and doesn't "complete the fucking mission!" Now we get Gati! I'm so pleased. Hopefully Franco will wander by tomorrow with Peter talking in his head and add to the fun. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Aw, the brothers Scorpio have a conversation! I loved Mac sticking up for Maxie, even though Robert made an excellent point. Mac is always about his girls.

Valentin's expression while Maxie and Peter were standing together was hilarious.

Yes! It was obvious she was going to do something, but that didn't stop her busting in from being any less welcome.

Yes, yes, and yes!  It's a sad day when I'm thinking, Valentin and Anna are lucky that Leisl Obrecht showed up since their plan/Val's minion failed so badly.  As soon as Dante helped Peter out of that utility closet I figured Dr. O would be arriving at any moment.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did Curtis leave the wedding? He was not in that sparse crowd. And why are there so many chairs for a dozen people, if that? It looked empty and rather sad. 

It's so nice to have two episodes in a row without Carly. And it's more than a week since Sonny was on and everything is so peaceful. The sun is out and the birds are chriping!

A) I was wondering the same thing, and also, did I miss explanations for why the mother and son of one bride, and the daughter and grandchildren of the other bride weren't there for this wedding?!! I don't buy for a moment that Felicia would miss her daughter and close friend's wedding, or that Robin and Emma (if not little Noah, too) would miss their mother/grandmother's wedding unless they were critically ill or injured and in the hospital. I also don't believe Maxie would get married without her mother present, or that Anna would want to get married without Robin and the grandkids there.  Her lines to Finn about the romantic fantasy of running off with just him and Violet do not ring true after all the years and moments Anna missed with Robin.  Maxie should be feeling regret that both Lulu and her beloved cousin Robin were missing her wedding day.

B) Yes, Jason, Sonny and Carly were absent from this episode and Britt got sassy/snarky with Sam! So great. Britt, you could not be more right about Sam if you tried.

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

None of them were in the room and none of them took his kid.

YES. I looooved Dante's line to Britt.

2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

A)Violet fist bump with Chase was adorable and her 'uh-oh' made me laugh. The girl knows trouble when she sees/hears it!

B) I legit 😂 about this interpretation for a few minutes. Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is that my girl, looking fantastic, sashaying around this stupid double wedding with a glass of champs and sassing?  You know you wanna join me on #teambritt!  Although I did love Dante's "steal any babies?" zinger as well.

When she's throwing the sass at Sam or Carly, all day every day!!! 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

or that Anna would want to get married without Robin and the grandkids there

SERIOUSLY. What’s worse for me is that Anna hasn’t even mentioned Robin, nor have any of the hacks given her stupid lame ass lines as to why she, Emma, Noah, and Patrick weren’t coming like they did for Felicia. Which I refuse to believe that she would miss her daughter’s wedding, I’ll Great Aunt or not.

• Love 6
(edited)

Felicia and Maxie don't feel very connected to me at all, certainly much less so than Mac/Maxie, one because obviously all in all they have never had much screen time together and casting and personality. imo Kirsten Storms doesn't look like her on screen bio parents at all and the character doesn't act like either of them at all. Which, she doesn't necessarily have to but it's a bit strange given her legacy status is because of them, but imo she doesn't much feel like Felicia and Frisco's kid.

Edited by ulkis
36 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't buy for a moment that Felicia would miss her daughter and close friend's wedding,

There was a couple of lines that a cousin of Maria's was ill and Felicia had to take care of her and that's why she couldn't attend.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

SERIOUSLY. What’s worse for me is that Anna hasn’t even mentioned Robin, nor have any of the hacks given her stupid lame ass lines as to why she, Emma, Noah, and Patrick weren’t coming like they did for Felicia. Which I refuse to believe that she would miss her daughter’s wedding, I’ll Great Aunt or not.

A complete stranger that the audience has never heard of.

The only excuse acceptable for Felicia missing Maxie's wedding (especially as she is almost due to give birth) is that she got a secret message that Georgie is really alive and she is the only one that could save her.

God I love Valentin and his shameless flirting with Anna. 

Meanwhile in other parts, Frisco is the head of the WSB and yet he does nothing regarding Peter even though the WSB has been convinced that Liesl has been framed and that she pointed the finger towards Peter. So Frisco isn't going to care or look into it or tell Robert. He will do nothing regarding Peter.

Although I always thought that the WSB was stupid and techically Peter's crimes on Port Charles have nothing to do with the WSB, and again they had already let Peter already walked for his involvement with the Jason and Drew kidnapping/mindswap business.

• Love 2

So much soapy goodness this episode!  Absolutely loved everything Britt related. She mingles so effortlessly with all the other characters.

Anna and Valentin’s faces when Peter burst into the room...I had to rewind the dvr they were that good!  They both have really good “oh shit” faces, albeit horrible poker faces. Anna’s dress was ok, very 80’s but compared to Maxie she looked amazing.  I agree with other posters, all the guests looked better than the brides.  It seemed the brides had like five minutes to get dressed and it showed.

Little Violet is adorable, I know she can be a bit precious for some but I think she’s cute. I’m so glad she got to do her flower girl thing before it all went to hell. 

And of course the best part..no Carly for two whole days!!

• Love 10

Let's talk decor.  I know they had a (nurses') ballroom to fill up, and the real flowers were lovely, but the fake trees?  They looked like the clearance section at Home Depot.

8ecdf2136bee03f3daf76473b6a8b8ce.jpg

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was a great line.  JP Stuart has really, really been shining since they broke up Valentin and Nina.

7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

And of course the best part..no Carly for two whole days!!

She's back tomorrow and appears to be trying to convince Michael to keep Wiley away from Nina.  Heinous doesn't begin to cover her.

Once you see it you can't unsee it: The front of Sam's dress looked like she was mooning someone.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Once you see it you can't unsee it: The front of Sam's dress looked like she was mooning someone

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And why wasn’t she also wearing red? Refusal to “conform”?🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

The truth basically. 

I think he was spot on except for the fact that if he didn’t have ties to LW, they would have cut his character loose a long time ago. It’s been obvious for a long time that it isn’t working and I’ve never seen the GH online fanbase so united in their disdain for a character. 

• Love 8

“They’ve painted themselves into a corner, and they don’t know how to get out of it except to make it worse.”

I know TR was referring to the Evil Peter storyline, but this quote pretty much sums up the entire show right now. Or maybe that’s what he really meant.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

“They’ve painted themselves into a corner, and they don’t know how to get out of it except to make it worse.”

I know TR was referring to the Evil Peter storyline, but this quote pretty much sums up the entire show right now. Or maybe that’s what he really meant.

TR's comments were spot on, but it makes me wonder how TPTB at GH will take them.  Does TR have another gig lined up or something?  

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

There was a couple of lines that a cousin of Maria's was ill and Felicia had to take care of her and that's why she couldn't attend.

Which makes no sense.  A cousin of grandma Maria's would be like 110 and likely in a retirment/nursing home.  why would Felicia need to go to help her.  It's not like  when they needed GF to be offscreen for awhile and wrote it that Spencer had broken both legs and needed Laura to go and help him.  So dumb.  

• Love 2
(edited)
36 minutes ago, sas616 said:

TR's comments were spot on, but it makes me wonder how TPTB at GH will take them.  Does TR have another gig lined up or something?  

Tristan has never held back his opinions about the show, and he's still asked to return. He's only voicing what most of us are saying across the internets!😅

But Hack!Frank! and his minions don't care because Wes is Laura Wright's boyyyyyyyfrienddddddddd.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Which makes no sense.  A cousin of grandma Maria's would be like 110 and likely in a retirment/nursing home.  why would Felicia need to go to help her.  It's not like  when they needed GF to be offscreen for awhile and wrote it that Spencer had broken both legs and needed Laura to go and help him.  So dumb.  

Not necessarily.  If Maria was the oldest of an oldest child and the cousin was the youngest of a youngest, there could be a 20 or even 30 year age difference. Niece might have made more sense, though, then she would have been Felica's mother's cousin.  But, it's always been as if Felicia sprouted magically from her grandmother.  I don't remember parents ever once being mentioned.

11 hours ago, ulkis said:

lol at TR just being like yup this Peter stuff is terrible.

That says something, doesn't it? A good dose of truth in the morning. I don't think WR is a good actor at all, but Peter is an abysmal character with no personality, and the writers haven't given him all that much to work with either. 

• Love 5