Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I've been liking Britt throughout the episodes especially her trying to rein in her crazy-ass mother but I truly loved how she went immediately into doctor mode when she saw that Maxie was in distress.

She's pretty good about that, I'm recalling her coming upon Sabrina going into labor after Rafe (remember Rafe?) ran Patrick's car off the road and immediately getting to it, even with the spikey feelings among the three.

I would DIE, though, if Britt delivers the baby and then, from like over her shoulder, Dante is like, "Now just remember, that baby is NOT yours..."

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I have mixed feeling about it. I think Willow’s attachment to Wiley is extremely unhealthy and that’s she’s using him to avoid dealing with her son’s death. A lot of her conflict with Nelle seemed to be bitterness that Nelle, the bad person, had a living child and she didn’t. I don’t believe that Michael and Willow will ever be honest with Wiley about things because of their own feelings towards Nelle. It’s just like Michael/AJ all over again. However, Wiley is too young to understand everything, especially given that Nelle is dead. 

Her conflict with Nelle was because Nelle was a sociopath who let her bond with a child who wasn't her biological child then physically assaulted her. There does not need to be some beyond that deep reason for Willow to have hated Nelle because she gave her plenty of good reasons to. All they have to do is present the facts to Wylie about the things Nelle did and it wouldn't be surprising if Wylie also realized his biological mother was a psycho. They don't have to lie to him for him to figure that out. I can see surface parallels to Michael/AJ, but there weren't any true compelling reasons to keep AJ from Michael (and no his alcoholism doesn't count) especially at first. It was just selfishness on Carly's part. Nelle was the one who wanted to keep Michael from his kid and ended up getting bit in the ass. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Finn/Anna have gotten such weird treatment from the writers that I wouldn’t be surprised if they were just waiting for a moment to end them. From what I remember, they were created and lauded by CVE/FV so I would think they’d get more emphasis since both are still with the show.

They had some decent early moments even though I questioned their chemistry but they’ve been in old, married couple mode for 2 years. No drama, just endless filler convos and talk about Peter. I remember them having variations of the same conversation about wedding planning (for this giant wedding that never happened) and talk about tea? Not to mention their big angst leading up to their engagement was Robert stealing the ring and that went on forever. 

It might be an UO but they always felt a little forced to me. They toned down Finn’s quirkiness (and ME even talked about that in an interview) and tried to make Finn a super spy early on and had him partner up with Anna and take the lead on her cases. I felt like it did her a disservice. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 5
(edited)

Oh that was some good soapy stuff today in the wedding that didn’t happen scenes!!

The fly in the ointment was Obrecht crowing and being her obnoxious ass self.

Go MAC!!!!

Anna should have thrown in how Heinrik burned the evidence while she was saying how he lied to her face.

But no sympathy for Maxie from me.

And then there’s the phone video-proof of Heinrik working with Helena?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The worst part it isn't like they were writing in Chloe Lanier's pregnancy. They just wanted to stick GH with other kid.

Another Corinthos child. Because you can never have enough of those.

1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

. Nelle was the one who wanted to keep Michael from his kid and ended up getting bit in the ass. 

Nelle wanted to co-parent with Michael. She went for full custody only after Carly and Michael made it clear that she could have no role in Wylie's life.

Nelle had problems (I think she was borderline rather  than a sociopath) but Carly chose Sonny, who hung AJ from a meat hook to get AJ to sign over his parental right and Jason who kills without remorse because he doesn't like someone. She has no room to talk.

It's another example, like with Nina today, where the show has to make the other person truly awful to make Carly look good.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 16
37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But no sympathy for Maxie from me.

She made her bed. It's hard to have sympathy for anyone who is trying to convince themselves that their boyfriend is reformed or that their husband is a saint even though he's a mobster or a hitman. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Her conflict with Nelle was because Nelle was a sociopath who let her bond with a child who wasn't her biological child

What we kinda forget is that it was a closed adoption, Willow wasn't supposed to bond with Wiley or be part of his life, those were the terms she set.

I do think the show hasn't made room to really unpack Willow's feelings about her dead child.  I mean, will we ever see her go to that baby's grave again?  Probably not.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
(edited)

Her conflict with Nelle was because Nelle was a sociopath who let her bond with a child who wasn't her biological child then physically assaulted her. 

Nelle gave her baby to Brad to raise. She had no idea who Willow was and was in prison when Willow came to PC. Willow didn’t even initially want to have an open adoption so there was no reason to think that Willow would be bonding with the kid.

Willow acting as a mother to Wiley wasn’t what happened onscreen either. She thought she was the bio mom but functioned as an occasional babysitter, not a mother. Brad and Lucas were Wiley’s parents. Hell we saw Michael with Wiley more than Willow and Monica even commented that Wiley was at the Q mansion all of the time prior to the baby switch being revealed.

Lucas should be the one getting the POV they gave Willow. He was the one parenting a child he thought was his and Wiley should have been missing him since he was abruptly removed from his house. But instead, he got no onscreen POV and had to wait 10 months to see Wiley again. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 9
(edited)

KS was really bad this episode, when Sam lashes out at Peter, Maxies "not true" to her was just bad.

Everyone in town tried to warn Maxie and she's gonna get mad at Anna for having doubts for awhile and not saying anything?

I hate Carly as being right, Nina telling a 2yr old who he thinks is his mom  is horrible. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's another example, like with Nina today, where the show has to make the other person truly awful to make Carly look good.

I know it's been said a million times, but it's just so friggin' tiresome that the Corinthii always--ALWAYS--have to win.  Even if they're being true assholes, which they almost always are, they win. 

Willow weeping today (heh, Weeping Willow) was ridiculous.  All she had to do--again, with a TWO YEAR OLD--is say "oh, don't be silly, of course I'm your mommy."  But then the show couldn't paint Nina as the Big Bad and poor Willow the victim.

• Love 18

Nelle wanted to co-parent with Michael. She went for full custody only after Carly and Michael made it clear that she could have no role in Wylie's life.

Nelle had problems (I think she was borderline rather  than a sociopath) but Carly chose Sonny, who hung AJ from a meat hook to get AJ to sign over his parental right and Jason who kills without remorse because he doesn't like someone. She has no room to talk.

She wanted to co-parent? That's why she left Michael to burn to death in a car? Then handed him someone else's dead baby, so he couldn't raise their child? At one point, Michael did approach her for a compromise but she turned him down because she was delusional enough to think she had a shot at full custody. 

I don't think she was borderline. I think she was a full on sociopath. Of course, Carly has no room to talk. That doesn't make Nelle any better. They're both loathsome creatures who should have never procreated in the first place.

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Nelle gave her baby to Brad to raise. She had no idea who Willow was and was in prison when Willow came to PC. Willow didn’t even initially want to have an open adoption so there was no reason to think that Willow would be bonding with the kid.

Willow acting as a mother to Wiley wasn’t what happened onscreen either. She thought she was the bio mom but functioned as an occasional babysitter, not a mother. Brad and Lucas were Wiley’s parents. Hell we saw Michael with Wiley more than Willow and Monica even commented that Wiley was at the Q mansion all of the time prior to the baby switch being revealed.

As usual, Nelle didn't bother to think about anything beyond her own needs. She may not have known what she was setting in motion re. Willow, but it was her actions that led to her and so many other people's heartbreak.

Mother may not have been her official role in his life, but we - at least I did - saw her bonding with him quite often on-screen and since he had two dads, she basically was acting as his de facto mother because that's what she thought she was.

22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Willow weeping today (heh, Weeping Willow) was ridiculous.  All she had to do--again, with a TWO YEAR OLD--is say "oh, don't be silly, of course I'm your mommy."  But then the show couldn't paint Nina as the Big Bad and poor Willow the victim.

Which is probably what she will tell him, but it doesn't mean in the moment she's not allowed to be upset about it. She's not a robot like Jason. 

• Love 3

Nelle did want to co-parent w/Michael. When she was released from jail and got that job at Crimson, she spoke about SHARING custody with Michael. However, Michael made it clear that he wanted her ERASED from Wiley's life, so she decided to go for sole custody too. Why not? What did she have to lose at that point? 

I'm beyond sick and tired of the Corinthos clan condemning folks for doing the SAME crap they've done. Actually, I'm sick and tired of the writers acting like I don't see the blatant hypocrisy and favoritism in the writing.  Nelle left Michael in a car to die? Ok. Carly drugged AJ and dumped him in an alleyway. He could have died, but I guess that's okay b/c it was AJ and AJ was EVUL. Nelle gave away her son? Well, so did Carly! Again, thats okay b/c Carly's a SAINT and AJ was EVUL. Nelle slashed Brook Lynn's throat. Valentin threw Ava over the parapet to her death just a few months ago. Again, Nelle = EVUL, and everyone else is a saint! I'm just never gonna see Nelle as the devil. She just wanted to raise her son. That's all, but Michael - like his dad - just had to make sure Nelle was removed from the child's life b/c he didn't like her anymore. I wish I could tell my clients that was a thing. It would have been so much more interesting if Michael had been court-ordered to share custody and to deal w/Nelle like so many parents have to do in the real world. I honestly cannot stand the Corinthos clan or those connected to them (Jason, Willow). They make me sick. They are all self-righteous, judgmental hypocrites. So, I'm Team ANYONE against them.

And Willow is a nut job. Her attachment to Wiley has NEVER been healthy considering hers was a closed adoption. Brucas should have never included her in Wiley's life, and she should have never gotten as close to him as she did. I also find it sick for Carly/Michael/Willow to still be this outraged by Nelle. She's dead. Who honestly cares if Nina tells Wiley about Nelle? What harm comes from Wiley thinking nice things about his bio mom? Him knowing he has a bio mom doesn't take away from Willow's place in his life! You'd think horrific Carly and her manchild boy would be satisfied that Nelle is DEAD, but they still want her erased from Wiley's life. It's so weird to me, esp b/c the woman is DEAD. They are just sickening. I must admit to not watching those scenes at all. I've had my fill of Wiley, and this story is just another Carly vehicle. I'm not interested. And we all know Carly will win in the end so what's the point in watching anyway. I'm muting/FFing all this Wiley crap. I don't care. It's a non-issue to me. 

Loved my Friz family scenes. For me, they are the most down-to-earth, real family on the show. I love the way the actors interact. It's very natural. I like how Roger got on the bed and laid down on Rebecca. They just feel real to me, and I really enjoy all their moments.  I hope "Drew" has something interesting to say after all this time. LOL! I just wish the other two boys could be shown once in a while! 

I'm in the minority in that I like Fanna. I thought they had great chemistry. I remember liking Anna w/Andre and w/Finn. I think their pairing has been ruined by FH's many breaks and the Peter nonsense, but I still think they could be good together. That said, I also think TPTB are breaking them up permanently, which sucks for me. I would have liked to see them work though this, but I think they plan to hook up Anna w/Valentin and Finn w/Alexis. I hope nothing crazy happens tomorrow btw Finn and Jackie!!! Why was he knocking on her door? 

I was so happy Valentin and Anna spilled all the secrets. I have no sympathy for idiot Maxie at all. I acutally wonder if she marries the guy anyway. The more ppl keep saying, "Well, at least Maxie won't marry him now," the more I think she will. She is an idiot. Good soapy drama at the wedding. Sam trying to attack, Obrecht's snarky remarks, Mac punching Peter! It was good stuff! 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, lala2 said:

And Willow is a nut job.

She really is, which is not unusual for a soap, but they're acting like she's okay while Nina is cuckoo and Wylie must be protected from her.

When Carly did her "Wylie must be protected from Nelle!!!!!!" thing, instead of going "That's just Carly", Willow completely bought into it and started acting like Nelle eats babies for breakfast. It's still just as bad now even though Nelle is, you know, dead.

Willow sees to be obsessed with Wylie and even more with being Wylie's mother. She got upset, and so did Michael, when Nina said that Wylie looked like his mother. Seriously? Wylie is not going to suddenly start looking like you, Willow, because you adopted him.

If there were CRISPR technology that could remove Nelle's genes from Wylie and replace them with Willow's, she'd bring Michael the information and he'd do it for her.

Her speech to Wylie is also creepy. "Build Mommy a tower." Most people would say "Build a tower " or "Build me a tower". And coming down crying because a 2 year old, who doesn't know what a mother actually is, said "You're not my real mother"? Newsflash Willow, this may be the first time he said it but it won't be the last.

That said, it's really only when Willow gets into Michael's story that she becomes awful. Around Chase, she's a smart, professionally ambitious person.

• Love 10
(edited)
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And coming down crying because a 2 year old, who doesn't know what a mother actually is, said "You're not my real mother"? Newsflash Willow, this may be the first time he said it but it won't be the last.

And do we really believe Wiley said this? "You're not my real mommy."  The kid barely speaks, but we're supposed to believe he said this whole sentence off-camera?!?!

From what I've read, Nina told Wiley she wasn't Willow's mom, and the rest of the conversation wasn't shown. So . . . . are we to believe Nina either told Wiley Willow wasn't his bio mom (why would she do that) OR Wiley made the leap in logic at TWO-YEARS OLD that Willow cannot be his bio mother if Nina is not her mother?! 

LAME!!! They just want to push the agenda that Nina is EVUL like her daughter and prove Carly is right! I refuse to watch more nonsense surrounding this baby. I'm over it. Especially since there is no harm in him knowing he had a bio mom who died. No harm at all. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Carly did her "Wylie must be protected from Nelle!!!!!!" thing, instead of going "That's just Carly", Willow completely bought into it and started acting like Nelle eats babies for breakfast. It's still just as bad now even though Nelle is, you know, dead.

But this happened after Nelle kidnapped Wylie and assaulted Willow so badly that she needed to be taken to the hospital. She already had the narrative that Nelle had tried to kill Michael and cost Chase’s career when Nelle manipulated him after she killed her first fiancé. Finally she was told that her baby died and Nelle used her dead child to tell Michael that Jonah died.

Based on those facts, Willow was going to feel that Nelle was dangerous and willing to use Wylie to hurt people.

• Love 1

I’m not much of a Willow fan admittedly. I find to be a boring Mary Sue type and those kind of characters only appeal to me when the actors have a ton of charisma to overcome their dull writing.

I do find her to be more of an adult with a voice when she’s away from the Corinthos family. When she’s around them, she’s just Wiley’s mom. I would say that she’s easily manipulated because she latched onto what they think really quickly. Could be a side effect of growing up in cults which as far as I know, she hasn’t gone to therapy to deal with. But I don’t think they are interested in giving her POV anymore. She hasn’t gotten much of anything since the baby reveal. 

I don’t know, that whole 20s quad is a boring disappointment. Michael and Willow are Mayo and I honestly want them paired off because they’re easier to FFW. I think Chase and Sasha are more interesting and enjoyable away from the other 2. They have better onscreen, non-romantic chemistry with other characters. However, they are too good and self-sacrificing. That age group needs someone gray as a counterpoint. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, lala2 said:

And do we really believe Wiley said this? "You're not my real mommy."  The kid barely speaks, but we're supposed to believe he said this whole sentence off-camera?!?!

From what I've read, Nina told Wiley she wasn't Willow's mom, and the rest of the conversation wasn't shown. So . . . . are we to believe Nina either told Wiley Willow wasn't his bio mom (why would she do that) OR Wiley made the leap in logic at TWO-YEARS OLD that Willow cannot be his bio mother if Nina is not her mother?! 

LAME!!! They just want to push the agenda that Nina is EVUL like her daughter and prove Carly is right! I refuse to watch more nonsense surrounding this baby. I'm over it. Especially since there is no harm in him knowing he had a bio mom who died. No harm at all. 

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy and something must have happened to my recording when I didn't see Nina actually tell Wiley that Willow wasn't his real Mommy. She just said that she, Nina, wasn't his "Mommy's Mommy."

But the posts here seemed to indicate Nina did say that and Wiley just parroted what Nina had said to Willow, off-screen.

But Wiley (and this is due to the twins playing him) is such a happy toddler, if he did say that, no wonder it's offscreen, because he's just always smiling and laughing with everyone else. Unlike Original Devil Spawn Michael, who cried as a baby, making it difficult for Burton to do their scenes and what not.

I mean, here you've got a toddler who doesn't seem to miss the daddies that raised and loved him for the first two years of his life. And that he has the competence (brain not fully formed yet) to say "You're not my real Mommy!" PUHLEAZE.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't give any good damns about this stupid story line.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:
18 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's Baby Michael all over again, except he's not a ginger so Red Menace 2.0 can't be his moniker. 

The worst part it isn't like they were writing in Chloe Lanier's pregnancy. They just wanted to stick GH with other kid.

The story is pointless regardless of a RL pregnancy.

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do think the show hasn't made room to really unpack Willow's feelings about her dead child.  I mean, will we ever see her go to that baby's grave again?  Probably not.

Of course not; she's got a part-Corinthos child. Who needs their own when another Golden Child is available? UGH.

49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That said, it's really only when Willow gets into Michael's story that she becomes awful. Around Chase, she's a smart, professionally ambitious person.

I KNOW. This is what sends me into rage blackouts. Until that stupid baby comes into play (you can choose whether I mean Michael or Wiley), I find Willow delightful. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I mean, here you've got a toddler who doesn't seem to miss the daddies that raised and loved him for the first two years of his life. And that he has the competence (brain not fully formed yet) to say "You're not my real Mommy!" PUHLEAZE.

You don't remember the scene of Lucas breaking down because the child he raised for almost 2 years looked at him like he was a total stranger?  Wait...who's Lucas?  I must be thinking of another show.

Up next week on Wiley: Baby Genius: Michael and Willow are torn and confused when Wiley sits them down and interrogates them as to why they don't sleep in the same bed.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)

Willow sees to be obsessed with Wylie and even more with being Wylie's mother. 

I think the problem is that the writers really don't see Willow the way most of us see her. Her attachment to Wylie is unhealthy. They don't see a problem with her marrying a man she didn't love because of the child.

Her wanting to be away from Wylie originally was the healthy thing to do. It was reasoned. She needed and wanted distance from him because he wasn't her son, because her real son was dead. But the writers did 180 on that.

But it's on par with the way the women on this show are written. They are either an extension of the men they are married to or dating, or an extension of one of the spawns.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Carly said that there was a picture of Sonny in Wiley's nursery.  No wonder the kiddo has nightmares.

I wonder if there is a picture of AJ there too, since he is Wiley's actual grandfather. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I wonder if there is a picture of AJ there too, since he is Wiley's actual grandfather.

Probably at the bottom of Wiley's potty.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Having a picture of Sonny there while wanting to eliminate his biological mother from existence kind of says it all. I refer to the arguments on previous pages why it's so important for Chase to know about his long dead grandmother.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

But this happened after Nelle kidnapped Wylie and assaulted Willow so badly that she needed to be taken to the hospital.[snip].

Based on those facts, Willow was going to feel that Nelle was dangerous and willing to use Wylie to hurt people.

The hysteria started long before that though. The first time Willow met Nelle was in the hospital when Nelle asked ro be able to hold Wylie. Willow was going to until she found out who Nelle is and snatched him back so fast that there was practically a wind created.

Willow's reactions to Nelle as Wylie's mother have always been over the top and her attachment to Wylie unhealthy. Yes, Nelle was willing to use Wylie to hurt Michael and Carly but she never did anything to hurt Wylie himself. Even giving him to Brad meant that he would have a better infancy than with Michael and the Corinthos clan.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Probably at the bottom of Wiley's potty.

I'm hoping Monica sneaks in and puts a picture of AJ where Wiley can see it and then removes it when SLS or the SheBEAST goes into his room to make sure everything of the Mooby is intact. And that when they're gone, she sticks Mooby's picture at the bottom of the potty.

What?

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Willow's reactions to Nelle as Wylie's mother have always been over the top and her attachment to Wylie unhealthy. Yes, Nelle was willing to use Wylie to hurt Michael and Carly but she never did anything to hurt Wylie himself. Even giving him to Brad meant that he would have a better infancy than with Michael and the Corinthos clan.

While I certainly don't think Nelle was maternal, I do have to give credit for her questioning the IMMEDIACY and Wiley must HAVE THAT SURGERY NOW! as she was still dealing with having her kidney ripped out of her (even though it was a retcon, it's now cannon). And how Monica, Bobbie, SLS, the SheBeast dealt with that? SheBeast locked her outside on the freezing roof, and Chase refused to do anything because of his own bias/history with her.

• Love 6

I haven't missed Sonny one iota. The days have been blissful without him.

LOL at Sam glaring at Peter for killing Drew. That'll show him!

I don't think Nina was exactly wrong for saying that Willow isn't Wiley's mother, but it's a little soon for that to start. Nina has had contact with Wiley all of twice. Slow your roll a bit, lady. But of course it's all so that Carly can yell at her. Ugh.

• Love 10

Sam is so sickening. Whenever she is around Franco, she seems perfectly fine. She doesn't seem scared. She doesn't seem anxious. She's fine around him. However, when speaking to Jason, she always acts like she's so scared of Franco!! What was up w/that message to Jason? I guess she wants him to kill Franco! Why not say, "Hey. Franco was looking for you. I think it has something to do w/Drew's memories." Simple and what he actually said, not her dramatic nonsense! 

Poor Gregory!! I really want to know what happened AFTER Finn introduced Jackie to him. Did Finn just say Jackie was a reporter? A friend? I guess he never told his dad he was interested in her? When did Gregory tell Finn he was dating and then marrying Jackie? The timeline on those events is so unclear. But I saw Jackie inviting Finn in and trying to get him to not leave . . . she still likes him!! She's a mess. 

I will continue to say Wiley knowing he had a biological mother is not a big deal. Why telling him that is a huge sin is beyond me?! Honestly, when Michael introduced Nina to Wiley, he should have told Wiley that Nina was his bio mother's mother. I know they want to ERASE Nelle from the child's life, but Nelle was his bio mother. Willow was not and will never be his biological mother. There was a time he had NO MOTHER so I'm sure he would have adjusted fine. That said, Nina played herself. That is on her! 

Willow is such a nutcase. Her obsession over Wiley is ri-freaking-diculous! She is in desperate need of a therapist. You are not Wiley's biological mother, Willow. You never were. And why are you crying? Is it b/c you replaced your dead child w/Wiley and just now realizing you need to mourn your own kid and quit obsessing over some other woman's child?!?! And Wiley is 2!! Why not explain to him that you are not his bio mom, but you're his mom in every other way. Or talk to Michael about how to talk to Wiley. Why are you so pathetic?  Get some therapy already! I cannot stand Willow! 

Why am I not surprised Maxie still wants to marry Peter? I said yesterday I had a feeling that's where they were going w/this. I don't even care. I don't like Maxie. I never have. Well   . . that's not true. I liked her when RR was in the role. Marry him then, Maxie! And please leave town!! Good riddance to the both of you! 

I love Franco, so I'm excited to see how this plays out. I just hope he doesn't get killed b/c I love Franco. LOL! He's one of my main reasons for watching. 

Didn't Anna LET Peter burn the actual evidence?!!? She is such a moron! And I see Finn is still an afterthought. You'd think she'd head back upstairs to talk it out w/Finn once things settled down, but no, she's just lounging around thinking about Peter. 🙄

• Love 6
(edited)

Lol they’ve really decimated Sam’s character, haven’t they? She says today that it wouldn’t do any good to make Peter pay. That it wouldn’t help Jason or Drew. What sense does that make? So criminals should never pay for their crimes now because it doesn’t change anything? This girl is a moron.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 10
(edited)
19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The fly in the ointment was Obrecht crowing and being her obnoxious ass self.

SERIOUSLY. She also has serious balls raging at Anna for "letting me rot" when she worked with Faison to keep Anna's daughter, who was never a criminal, locked up for ages  and performed electric shock torture on her. Also, Obrecht enabling and conspiring with Faison for decades is both indirectly responsible for Nathan's death and contributed to Peter being the man he is now. 

19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Nelle wanted to call all the shots in Wylie's life once it was clear Michael didn't want to be with her and the baby as a family. That's why she walked away from Michael after the accident, that's why she gave the baby to Brad and told Michael he died, that's why she stopped from telling Michael the truth upon seeing a pic of Sasha holding Wylie, that's why she went to court for full custody, and that's why she kidnapped Wylie and told him that Carly and Michael will never see you again.

16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I know it's been said a million times, but it's just so friggin' tiresome that the Corinthii always--ALWAYS--have to win.  Even if they're being true assholes, which they almost always are, they win. 

A) TRUE.

B) Willow got honest with Chase after running out on Michael and the two grandmas today - it blindsided her because it brought back the reality that her baby died and she hasn't really processed that grief because she's been focused on being Wylie's mother. I liked the end scene of Chase holding Willow in his arms.

15 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Mother may not have been her official role in his life, but we - at least I did - saw her bonding with him quite often on-screen and since he had two dads, she basically was acting as his de facto mother because that's what she thought she was.

Yup.  Lucas and Brad encouraged her in the role of de facto mother, as did everyone in Michael's life.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy and something must have happened to my recording when I didn't see Nina actually tell Wiley that Willow wasn't his real Mommy. She just said that she, Nina, wasn't his "Mommy's Mommy."

But the posts here seemed to indicate Nina did say that and Wiley just parroted what Nina had said to Willow, off-screen.

All we know today is that off-screen, Nina wanted to be "honest" with Wylie, and brought up Nelle in a way "the books" say you're supposed to address difficult topics with a young child to explain how she, Nina, is related to him.  Surrrreeee that kid asked Nina "How are we connected?" and said  to Willow "You're not my real Mommy." He doesn't speak!

It's disappointing, but not surprising, that Maxie is insisting to Britt that there's no proof against Peter and he "would never hurt me or the baby." She's dumber than a box of rocks. I gotta give Franco a little applause for knocking Peter out with a tire iron in the hospital stair well. I never condone violence, but his arrogance and F-off attitude toward Mac and Robert made me feel like he deserved it. I'm assuming the gun in his waistband meant Peter was going to try to coax/kidnap Maxie from the hospital at gunpoint.  So, is Franco attacking Peter the beginning of the end of Friz?

Rolling my eyes, though, at Sam leaving Jason a VM and warning him to "be careful." 

I missed a moment, was it Jackie who took Finn's hand in hers? She still totally carries a torch for him.  She seems to be alternating between wanting to start something with Robert, and wanting something to happen with Finn.  The only person I feel sorry for in all this is Finn.  Well, I also feel a little sorry for Gregory because it sounds like he was always way more in love with Jackie than she was with him.

I liked Mac fussing over his daughter, and Robert and Anna holding hands as he gave her a pep talk.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

Oh for fucks sakes with Willow getting her feelings hurt...if this is how she reacts when he’s two and doesn’t even know or understand what he’s saying what is she going to do when he’s in full blown toddler/kid tantrum mode and says he hates her?!  Yep Willow, that happens, even when you ARE the bio mom.  Toughen up!

Nina should have 100% talked to Willow and Michael first but she’s right.....if Wiley just grows up knowing that he had a biological mom before Willow it will just be normal for him and not like some big reveal. The worst part of this who cluster is that queen Carly gets to look smug, again, some more.  Ugh.

• Love 14
(edited)

So let me get this straight, Sam had all that "energy" for Peter yesterday about killing Drew and then today she's like "Peter doesn't deserve that." WTF?  I get it, LWB is gonna stay as long as they can get him to stay but that was just laughable. On top of that instead of doing anything about Peter running loose after all is revealed, Franco becomes the one everyone should worry about and then she's prompted to call Jason? I can't figure out who the hell she is in the same episode let alone the last decade.  They refuse to shuffle her off screen where she belongs.

I liked Robert and Anna today. That's about it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Lol they’ve really decimated Sam’s character, haven’t they? She says today that it wouldn’t do any good to make Peter pay. That it wouldn’t help Jason or Drew. What sense does that make? So criminals should never pay for their crimes now because it doesn’t change anything? This girl is a moron.

Hey, learning from experience. Sonny and Jason never paid for the lives they took or ruined, so why should anyone else?

• Love 3
On 3/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, ulkis said:

Felicia and Maxie don't feel very connected to me at all, certainly much less so than Mac/Maxie, one because obviously all in all they have never had much screen time together and casting and personality. imo Kirsten Storms doesn't look like her on screen bio parents at all and the character doesn't act like either of them at all. Which, she doesn't necessarily have to but it's a bit strange given her legacy status is because of them, but imo she doesn't much feel like Felicia and Frisco's kid.

They did the same with Robin. The child of two super spy killers is a staid, relatively conventional, intellectual.  We can think Robin gets it from Uncle Mac, but I’m old enough to remember Mac came to town as a bad boy with a clumsy Australian accent. 

Regarding the show always forgetting history:  My mouth dropped open when Anna said Alex inserted her memories because she wanted Peter raised like Robin. Say what?  Alex should have found herself a Filomena and Uncle Mac. They raised Robin. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's disappointing, but not surprising, that Maxie is insisting to Britt that there's no proof against Peter and he "would never hurt me or the baby." She's dumber than a box of rocks.

What will it take? Heinrik pointing a gun and shooting Mac or Felicia? If she sees that video that "Drew" left, she'd accuse Franco of faking it. So Anna is lying, Valentin is lying. EVERYONE is lying except for Heinrik.🙄

• Love 4

How is Willow going to react when Wiley tells her he hates her, as happens with kids? Have a complete nervous breakdown? 

Gross that Michael takes away Nina's visitation. It's not that hard to compromise, but I guess when you're a Corinthos, you have to have it all. 

I love it when they use the studio as a location. How convenient that Peter was on the exact right level for Franco to clock him. Hee.

I think Maxie takes Peter back because it's easier right now. And she probably feels pretty vulnerable because of the baby.

Sam's eye makeup was awful. That rust made her look as if both eyes were infected.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Oh for fucks sakes with Willow getting her feelings hurt...if this is how she reacts when he’s two and doesn’t even know or understand what he’s saying what is she going to do when he’s in full blown toddler/kid tantrum mode and says he hates her?!  Yep Willow, that happens, even when you ARE the bio mom.  Toughen up!

What happened with Wylie hurt her, but her reaction had a lot more to do with the loss of her biological son than Wylie. Willow went from finding out her son was dead to being married to Michael because it according to everyone and their mother, it was the right thing to do.

That last scene today between Chase and Willow had shades of them before the fake cheating happened. 

Way to go, Nina. Giving Carly exactly what she wanted. Carly has to be #1 in everyone's lives. Her men, her children, her grandson. So bravo, Nina!

I like how the show wanted to make who conked Peter with the tire iron a mystery, but showed us the jacket. Anyone have Professor Plum on their Bingo card? I'm glad the show didn't end on that "mystery." Also the ominous music! Is this old Franco? Dun-dun-dun!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

She's pretty good about that, I'm recalling her coming upon Sabrina going into labor after Rafe (remember Rafe?) ran Patrick's car off the road and immediately getting to it, even with the spikey feelings among the three.

I would DIE, though, if Britt delivers the baby and then, from like over her shoulder, Dante is like, "Now just remember, that baby is NOT yours..."

I have never wished for a miscarriage or infant death on a fictional character, but Maxie does NOT need another child. She already has two invisible kids, and the world doesn’t need another innocent child inheriting the psycho genes of her father and grandfather. And Lou!  Ugh. I thought that was a horrible name for Heidi Klum’s daughter - especially after having Henry Gunther Ademola Dashtu, and Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo. I guess after so many kids you just run out of ideas and settle for Lou. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Hater said:

So let me get this straight, Sam had all that "energy" for Peter yesterday about killing Drew and then today she's like "Peter doesn't deserve that." WTF?

Come again? So then what was all that insisting to Robert that they "HAD" Proof against Heinrik, but Robert said they needed hard proof to put him away all about then? Just to hear themselves talk? And whine? What does he deserve? To be happy and marry Maxie, the dumb twat? Idiot didn't learn shit from the other dude with the horrible Aussie accent she married, did she?

• Love 1

So many were so fucking annoying today.

Carly, wow she was proven right quickly very quickly. Ugh.

Maxie is just horrible. First whining that Britt didn't warn her (lightning, where fore art though?) and then saying that Peter would never do anything to her and talking about unreliable witnesses. Well gee as long as Maxie's fine then it's cool. Send this character off already.

And why do they let KSt wear those awful cheap looking eyelashes? 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Hater said:

So let me get this straight, Sam had all that "energy" for Peter yesterday about killing Drew and then today she's like "Peter doesn't deserve that." 

Didn't she say that it wouldn't help anyone, not that he didn't deserve that? Not that both aren't dumb sentiments.

Also why the heck was she gasping so much in that message to Jason? Did they cut a scene where Sam runs all over town looking for Jason?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's Baby Michael all over again, except he's not a ginger so Red Menace 2.0 can't be his moniker. 

How about Bland Menace? Michael’s blandness is so strong there’s no way that kid didn’t inherit it.

I can’t even start on how messed up it is seeing Carly stomp into the Q mansion playing Parent Police. 🤬

• Love 13
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Didn't she say that it wouldn't help anyone, not that he didn't deserve that? Not that both aren't dumb sentiments.

Also why the heck was she gasping so much in that message to Jason? Did they cut a scene where Sam runs all over town looking for Jason?

When she said "I don't know if he should pay."  She doesn't know if he deserves punishment or whatever.  Blah, I just find it ridiculous she has time to call Jason regarding Franco but not Peter after all her huffing and puffing yesterday.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

But that's a sudden 180 when she and Jason were hounding Robert to arrest Heinrik's ass. Because he was the reason she was in jail, blah, blah, blah. So now that she's not with Jason anymore, it doesn't matter?

• Love 3
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

But that's a sudden 180 when she and Jason were hounding Robert to arrest Heinrik's ass. Because he was the reason she was in jail, blah, blah, blah. So now that she's not with Jason anymore, it doesn't matter?

I'm not trying to make sense of it lol, just wanted to clarify the line.

• LOL 3

I love Anna and Robert! He was so wonderful with her in all of the scenes today.

Chase was a cutie with Violet too. I never want characters to have kids too soon on this show, but I lowkey want him to become a dad sooner rather than later. The actor is just so good with children! Maybe he can get with Brook Lynn and be a father figure to her and Valentin's baby. I didn't mind Willow with him at first, but now, she just seems so wishy-washy between him and Michael. 

Maxie though, ugh. I used to really like her and always have been a fan of KS, but this storyline is killing my interest in the character. How can she still be willing to take him back? Like, Anna has no stake in lying about this and Maxie has known Anna her entire life. For her to believe Peter over Anna AND all the other corroborating sources is bonkers.

I don't really get the point of Franco's voice in his head still, especially since it's basically just reiterating what everyone else has already called Peter out on so far. 

Sam being like, "what can you even do?" about Peter was ridiculous. Drew deserves better! 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Laur said:

Chase was a cutie with Violet too. I never want characters to have kids too soon on this show, but I lowkey want him to become a dad sooner rather than later. The actor is just so good with children!

His wife is pregnant with their first child right now (a girl), so seems like he's a natural!

22 minutes ago, Laur said:

Sam being like, "what can you even do?" about Peter was ridiculous. Drew deserves better! 

If it was Jason, she'd go to the mattresses seeking revenge.  Drew gets one outburst and now it's like 'eh, anyone feel like going to get a piece of pie at Kelly's?'

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If it was Jason, she'd go to the mattresses seeking revenge.  Drew gets one outburst and now it's like 'eh, anyone feel like going to get a piece of pie at Kelly's?'

Jason is involved in this too, his "poor life" was stolen from him for 5 years because of Peter, but yea when it's mostly about Drew she's like "meh." 

• Love 1