Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

So. I wonder if Nina had confronted Carly about her lies the day after they "laid Sonny to rest" would Carly care? Answer. No, because it would be a random Wednesday in Port Charles. So just shut up.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. I liked their scenes today but they’re always like that. To me, it feels more like Finn replaced the Jax role in Alexis’ life than it leading to anything romantic. That kind of dialogue and being affectionate was definitely something that Jax would have been doing if this was a few years ago. Though maybe I’m wrong because they also had an emotional Anna/Valentin scene today. 

That was why I thought it, because the Finn, Alexis scene came right on the heels of the Anna, Valentin scene, plus both featured close-up hand holding AND there was talk of how in love and happy ever after Finn and Anna were going to be.

Again, though, I want to be wrong.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 3

Random thoughts from the last 2 episodes:

Monday:

From reading the comments, I knew about the head shaving before I saw it. But even the comments did not prepare me for the ridiculousness of that scene. So! much! drama! over a haircut. (From the girls, I mean. I get why Cam would be emotional.) And I don’t even think it was military-grade short. They must have used at least a #3 guard on those clippers.  Way to dial down a Moment, Show.

Maybe it’s Nelle sending gifts and notes to Ava. I don’t recall a specific secret between them, but they do share the invincible qualities of a cockroach. (And I say this in the most loving way.)

I have tried to watch Love, Actually 3 different times, and 3 times I have failed. I know people adore that movie, but I find it relentlessly dull. Which makes it a perfect choice for Millow Vanillow, come to think of it.

Aw! Jason helped Britt deliver candy! And aw! He got to make a special presentation to little Cindy Lou Who! “And what happened then? Well, at GH they say- that the Borg’s small heart grew three sizes that day!”

Tuesday:

Forget the incriminating envelope, I want to know about the dog magazine! Who has a subscription to Dog Fancy, Peter or Maxie? And why?? Have either of them ever owned a dog, or even mentioned a dog??

And that’s all I got for Tuesday. Talk about relentlessly dull.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly is going to milk having to bury Sonny for days.

And what exactly did she bury?  An empty box.  The stupid of that service and an actual burial was a real head shaker move by the writers, lol.  But par for the course.  

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

And what exactly did she bury?  An empty box.  The stupid of that service and an actual burial was a real head shaker move by the writers, lol.  But par for the course.  

And why did she have to bury an empty box? Because her dumbo husband wanted to kill Julian.  Boo freaking hoo. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

And why did she have to bury an empty box? Because her dumbo husband wanted to kill Julian.  Boo freaking hoo. 

We already know that whenever he resurfaces, he’ll face zero repercussions for shooting Julian in what was clearly not self-defense. I doubt they’ll even acknowledge it. But we’re supposed to feel sorry for Carly? The same Carly who a few months ago was gloating to Sam about how she accepted this life and how well Josslyn could handle it?

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

We already know that whenever he resurfaces, he’ll face zero repercussions for shooting Julian in what was clearly not self-defense. I doubt they’ll even acknowledge it. But we’re supposed to feel sorry for Carly? The same Carly who a few months ago was gloating to Sam about how she accepted this life and how well Josslyn could handle it?

I didn't even think about that. Yeah. Basically, Sonny/Jason kill yet someone else, no one is gonna care, the system isn't going to do anything.. Honestly what i expect to have happen is that Sonny is gonna say something like "yeah i remember hearing Nina's voice!" and Carly is gonna go Def Con Shebeast 5..

And I guess that's the thing. if Sonny were actually dead or if we knew for 100 percent certainty that Sonny was going to go full "Mob is Evil, I don't want anything to do with you/this life ever again" it would have gravitas. but this is just wasting out time. 

• Love 6

Carly:  the Feds have declared that I'm no longer under suspicion and I didn't commit a crime, and do you know why?   

Nina:  You lied through your teeth?

CW's line read and facial expression were fantastic on that one!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Today’s episode was painful. The sole redeeming parts for me were Nina not backing down from Carly and Anna finally seeing Peter for who he is (though it took way too long to get there and I could have done without all of their scenes today).

Every time I think Carly has hit a new low, she acts worse and Michael is a waste of skin enabling her like that. Who is she to question whether Nina is mentally stable enough to be in Wiley’s life? One, she isn’t the parent and two, how many times she she herself been institutionalized? Worry about your own baby who we never see you with, Carly. I’m sure she’s collecting dust in the attic.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Every time I think Carly has hit a new low, she acts worse and Michael is a waste of skin enabling her like that. Who is she to question whether Nina is mentally stable enough to be in Wiley’s life? One, she isn’t the parent and two, how many times she she herself been institutionalized? Worry about your own baby who we never see you with, Carly. I’m sure she’s collecting dust in the attic.

Carly was absolute garbage today.  I guess I should give kudos to LW because several times I wanted to reach into the tv and punch Carly in the face.  I counted 4 "my grandson" from her.  Nina has to behave the way Carly wants her to otherwise Nina won't be able to see Carly's grandson.  Eff off with that you hypocritical biatch.  I did appreciate that Nina went toe to toe with her but there was worry on Nina's face after Carly left.  

I loved that Britt was trying so hard to get Maxie to see the truth about Peter,  I loved that Britt knew Liesl was still in Maxie's apartment and managed to get her out without Maxie being any wiser.  Although at this point Maxie is so incredibly stupid that Liesl could have been sitting on the couch eating a hot fudge sundae and Maxie wouldnt have noticed .  

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Today’s episode was painful. The sole redeeming parts for me were Nina not backing down from Carly and Anna finally seeing Peter for who he is (though it took way too long to get there and I could have done without all of their scenes today).

and Carly can go she's acting this way because "Nina made a scene when we were laying my husband to rest!" but a lot of this crap is how Carly actually really feels about her. 

• Love 6

They have a lot of people going after Peter. Wonder how they are going to stall this now. How did Maxie not see Dr. O? lol Maxie and Liz both going into a baby doll voice when they defend their man. Jason is so useless in both the Peter and Renault story. I laughed when Robert said the Peter situation was more important than Sonny's business. Has he ever met Jason before? lol

Michael, Willow planning to adopt William does not mean he doesn't look like Nelle. How is he going to eventually handle William wanting to know how he is related to Nina when she is not related to Millow? I have no interest in this child being used to keep Nina in line. There is no longer any evidence that Ava tampered with Morgans meds so by Carly's own logic, she has to get over that and stop bringing it up. Maybe try apologizing and not demanding Nina do as you please.  "Get over Jax willingly keeping you from your grandchild. He did it to protect me and that is all that matters. Your daughter was evil and you need to hate her as much as I do." Newsflash show: Carly is not coming off sympathetic.

No one wants to see Carly dictate relationships for someone else's child, for the 100th time. SLS should have told Shebeast he was fine with Seed of Chuckie staying up late tonight for this special occasion. Nina hating Carly does not threaten Hellstroms stability. I don't know if Carly is on something or whoever wrote that line. Michael and Willow playing "Whos Your Next Stepmom/dad" is unstable.

If they are trying to start something with Olivia and Robert, they should move her out of the Quartermaine house. Its very hard listening to Olivia go on about what Alexis accidentally did to Dante when she was just waxing poetic about a man that intentionally SHOT him. I really hope they speed through the rest of this drunk Alexis story.

NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH MICHEAL AND WILLOW PRAISE EACH OTHER. "Willow you were so smart to suggest taking Demon Spawn to Nina" "No Michael, you were smart for being so thoughtful and doing it". If you have to force it this much, it's just not meant to be. There is nothing  keeping these two from being together and they are both very clearly showing the other that they are interested but they both keep ignoring it They basically live together and act like an old married couple anyway. There is just no climax in this story as very little will change when they eventually get back together.

Ryan looks fully awake in the previews. Ava going to threaten him so soon leads me to believe he is not involved. Maybe he found a nurse to obsess over. Did it look like franco was beating up a person or a pillow?

• Love 5

Carly: MY grandson, MY grandson, minemineminemineminemineMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

She should just pee all over Wylie to mark her territory. Rancid bitch! The look on her face when she saw Wylie sitting there with Nina was just wow. 

Die, Peter, die!

Maxie's brain has been eaten by stupid. I like how Maxie goes from having great scenes with Nina, showing how perceptive she is, to being so dumb when it comes to Peter. And thank you show, but I don't think any of us need to be reminded that Maxie moved on with Nathan's brother. We know he is Nathan's brother. Filet mignon to 5-day old meat. Gross.

Clearly Michael and Willow want to stay together. Please, show, get us out of misery. I'm pretty sure both Chase and insipid Sasha deserve better than those two mofos.

• Love 13

Sing it with me, y'all: shut uppppp, Carly. Just shut up. The way she sauntered into Nina's office and asserted her self-appointed dominance made me livid. It takes a whole lot of damn nerve to conceal a major life secret from a woman and then bully her when she gets upset about it. And when will she ever learn that children are NOT PAWNS. They're people, not possessions, and Wiley's love shouldn't be used as a bargaining chip to get Nina to fall into line with Carly's demands. Especially since Wiley isn't Carly's kid, it doesn't matter if Nina passes her bullshit litmus test. What matters is Carly ruining a nice moment between Wiley and Nina simply because she could.

I'm glad Nina held her own once again with Carly, but it is EXHAUSTING watching Carly terrorize anyone who hasn't pledged fealty to her. I don't understand why GH is pushing her as such a full-time monster lately because there is absolutely zero enjoyment watching her snarl and pout throughout every scene, day in, day out.

• Love 17

Olivia is awful these days, but she's wearing a great dress. I did like she gave Alexis a tiny bit of grace. Haranguing her isn't going to magically get Alexis sober. 

What is VIctor's name that the return address label read "D. Marick, V."?

Hate to break it to you, Michael, but Nelle will always be Wiley's mother. Her being dead and Willow adopting Wiley doesn't change that. LOL that everyone had to keep Wiley from walking off the set. Hee.

"Oh, Nina, you're a natural!" UGH.

I loved the look on Carly's face when she saw Nina with Wiley.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I did appreciate that Nina went toe to toe with her but there was worry on Nina's face after Carly left.  

Can you blame Nina? Carly has a lot of influence over Michael. Look at how she told Michael it was Wiley's bedtime and Michael folded. I'd be afraid she'd tell him not to let Nina see Wiley, even though Nina has as much right to be in Wiley's life as Carly does.

I had to laugh when Carly said that Wiley needed stability and love. That kid is more cosseted than his father, which is saying a LOT. 

Robert has to thank Jason for seeing him? I am destroyed.

Does Peter not realize that Anna could have made copies of those documents? 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Look at how she told Michael it was was Wiley's bedtime a

Holy crap, that comment plus the look of guilt on Michael and Willow's faces, just made me shake my head at the sheer obnoxiousness of Carly.  And yet it was so perfectly in tune with who Carly is and has become.  I was half annoyed at Carly and half impressed at LW's portrayal and surprised that the writing is so heavy handed unless they think this makes Carly look like she loves her family over everything else and not that she looks like the giant hypocritical biatch that she is.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I love redeemed Nina, but she did go nuts, induce Ava, and steal the baby. I have no doubt she would have cut the baby out of Ava if necessary. It was very disturbing, and yet another example of GH making a character irredeemable, and then expecting the audience to forget about it.   See: Luke, Sonny, Julian, Jason, Kim, etc. 

I’m waiting for Nina to process that Jax is the reason Nelle’s kidney was stolen.  He’s always the Saint, but that was absolutely disgusting  

Edited by AryasMum
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I’m waiting for Nina to process that Jax is the reason Nelle’s kidney was stolen.  He’s always the Saint, but that was absolutely disgusting 

I'm afraid that they've forgotten that, along with a log of other things. But I would love to see Nina tear into Jax for that. He's become irredeemable in his support of the SheBeast.

41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I haven't had a chance to see the episode yet but could it be part of the address? In Hungary the floor of a building is written in Roman numerals.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I haven't had a chance to see the episode yet but could it be part of the address? In Hungary the floor of a building is written in Roman numerals.

No, it was how his name was written. The address was on subsequent lines.

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm afraid that they've forgotten that, along with a log of other things. But I would love to see Nina tear into Jax for that. He's become irredeemable in his support of the SheBeast.

I don't know that they forgot about it. Nina brought it up yesterday (I think that was twice) in her convo with Maxie when she told her that Nelle's father sold her for body parts. The show doesn't care nearly as much about Jax as it does about Carly, so who knows.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Holy crap, that comment plus the look of guilt on Michael and Willow's faces, just made me shake my head at the sheer obnoxiousness of Carly.  And yet it was so perfectly in tune with who Carly is and has become.  I was half annoyed at Carly and half impressed at LW's portrayal and surprised that the writing is so heavy handed unless they think this makes Carly look like she loves her family over everything else and not that she looks like the giant hypocritical biatch that she is.  

As much as I can't stand Carly and never cared for LW in the role, I do have to hand it to her, she is completely committed to her version of Carly and Carly's POV. She's made the role entirely her own and never waivers from it, for better or worse. 

• Love 2
On 2/22/2021 at 10:08 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Cam looked so cute with his not-bald buzzcut.  I'm actually OK with the way the girls were treating the decision, as I could see teenagers thinking it was a HUGE IMPORTANT decision.  

I agree. Teenage girls reacting strongly to a major haircut decision seems accurate to me, esp. since they both really like his hair LOL.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:00 AM, methodwriter85 said:

. I'm like, "What girls? We NEVER see any other classmates because the budget can't afford it." 

They've mentioned first names of classmates before though. I recall Trina trying to force/dare Cam to ask out .... some girl ... in the past by grabbing his cell phone and typing in digits (can't remember the name). 

On 2/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, perkie1968 said:

Ok, am I the only one thinking they're heading down a Anna/Valentin, Finn/Alexis road here?  Both couples had good scenes today.  Both couples being all "I"m there for you'.  Both couples holding hands with some intensity.  I for one would be all over it because I think those two couples work better together than Anna/Finn and I don't think Valentin/Nina works anymore and Alexis has no one.  

No, I thought the same.  Anna and Valentin are better than the Anna/Finn anti-chemistry and Alexis and Finn enjoyed sex and friendship before he and Anna officially became a couple. 

On 2/23/2021 at 3:59 PM, dubbel zout said:

What changed Jax's mind to be nice to Alexis for a change? 

He wanted her legal input for the Carly/Nina situation. Otherwise, he wouldn't have bothered. I thought there was a definite used-to-be-friends, now-we're-not vibe.  Jax doesn't seem to care about her at all.

On 2/23/2021 at 5:15 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Willow the voice of reason about Nina and Wylie getting to meet? What, Michael? Are you hesitating because your mommy didn't tell you they could?

To show that Michael relies on/trusts Willow completely as his son's mother. And yes. Does Michael do anything without mommy's permission?

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Yup. Also, Britt doing her best to be there for Maxie.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Holy crap, that comment plus the look of guilt on Michael and Willow's faces, just made me shake my head at the sheer obnoxiousness of Carly.  And yet it was so perfectly in tune with who Carly is and has become. 

Absolutely. I thought for a second (while she was standing in the door way of Nina's office) she might actually say, "Michael, why would you bring my grandson to meet Nina without asking my permission? You know how I feel about her right now."

When Michael told Willow he just talked to his mom and it's been confirmed that Nelle was Nina's daughter - how? Nina didn't get a DNA sample from Wiley, right? Did she find a piece of Nelle's jewelry with DNA on it and get a test run? I'm wondering if I missed a scene.  The Nina-Maxie scene about Nelle was, IMO, the best acting from KSt in a while so I thought I paid attention but maybe I missed a line about confirming for sure Nelle was Nina's.

Also, since when does a 2-year-old watch a documentary?!  All I can do is roll my eyes, and GAG, at Michael and Willow. Ugh.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

Britt is such a breath of fresh air on this stale show. I don't want Borg to ruin her!!! Please, show!!!

I fully expect Carly to chew out Michael and probably Willow the next time she sees them over bringing Wiley to see Nina. I'm sure they'll fold to her guilt trip like cheap suits. 

Sign me up for Anna/Valentin and Finn/Alexis. Finola and JPS play so damn well off each other and Alexis deserves a good man who will genuinely be there for her. 

It was great to see Nina give it back to Carly and not back down. More of that! I prefer CW and her more nuanced approach to Nina, but it made me think of what Michelle Stafford would be like in this story and in a scene like that. She would be raging and in Carly's face from the jump.

• Love 4

Wait? Jax is the reason Nelle's kidney was sold? 

Alexis v Olivia: They were friendly,  I don't think they were friends. And if they were friends. then honestly,Olivia was a bad one. Again. it would be great if the show would focus on W-H-Y Alexis got drunk. Her lover died in her bed.. I know in between Carly's howling, and Nina's bemoaning we're not focusing on the other deaths on the show - but Alexis didn't wake up one day and go "well screw my sobriety."  And if they were truly friends, Olivia would know that. 

Anna v Peter: Wes Ramsey... hooo boy. again i've seen you on charmed and you weren't that bad...were you? also. this whole thing is boring. 

Carly + Jason: SHUT UP. Nina can see that Nelle did horrible things. She's also acknowledging that Nelle didn't have her in her life and maybe the bad stuff doesn't happen if Nina was there. We'll never know. Nina did terrible things. it doesn't change the fact that Nina has the right to be upset you dingdongs.  Honestly. when the show makes me agree with Jason. you know it's horribly bad. Like even his wtf face when Carly is like "I have to protect Wiley from Nina." 

Micheal + Nina: Micheal. shut up. Nelle is and always will be Wiley's biological mother

Nina v Carly:  Nina's burn chef's kiss. but I mean. okay. could Nina have picked a better time and place. Sure. But she tried. Jax couldn't leave for 10 minutes and have it out with her privately.Carly, who has had uber public meltdowns ALL OVER TOWN AT THE WORST TIMES needs to shut her hole. And Nina has a point. you all were keeping quiet about Nelle's connection to nina for selfish reasons. AND like with AJ, like with Nik, you were going to happily let Nina live in the same town for years if you could get away with it with this woman living in the same town as her blood and never tell her. And Carly's only thing is to threaten Nina about keeping her away from her blood relative?  Am I supposed to root for Carly here? Because No. 

26 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also, since when does a 2-year-old watch a documentary?!  All I can do is roll my eyes, and GAG, at Michael and Willow. Ugh.

i watched Animal documentaries (like Planet Earth etc) with my 2 year old goddaughter all the time. They go gaga over seeing the animals frolic and play. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH MICHEAL AND WILLOW PRAISE EACH OTHER. "Willow you were so smart to suggest taking Demon Spawn to Nina" "No Michael, you were smart for being so thoughtful and doing it"

ADAE6EFD-2879-43D4-B859-F8CA26DEA409.gif.0c7e012cd72de56f173879357eba2ea7.gif

• LOL 6
27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Wait? Jax is the reason Nelle's kidney was sold? 

Alexis v Olivia: They were friendly,  I don't think they were friends. And if they were friends. then honestly,Olivia was a bad one. Again. it would be great if the show would focus on W-H-Y Alexis got drunk. Her lover died in her bed.. I know in between Carly's howling, and Nina's bemoaning we're not focusing on the other deaths on the show - but Alexis didn't wake up one day and go "well screw my sobriety."  And if they were truly friends, Olivia would know that. 

Anna v Peter: Wes Ramsey... hooo boy. again i've seen you on charmed and you weren't that bad...were you? also. this whole thing is boring. 

Carly + Jason: SHUT UP. Nina can see that Nelle did horrible things. She's also acknowledging that Nelle didn't have her in her life and maybe the bad stuff doesn't happen if Nina was there. We'll never know. Nina did terrible things. it doesn't change the fact that Nina has the right to be upset you dingdongs.  Honestly. when the show makes me agree with Jason. you know it's horribly bad. Like even his wtf face when Carly is like "I have to protect Wiley from Nina." 

Micheal + Nina: Micheal. shut up. Nelle is and always will be Wiley's biological mother

Nina v Carly:  Nina's burn chef's kiss. but I mean. okay. could Nina have picked a better time and place. Sure. But she tried. Jax couldn't leave for 10 minutes and have it out with her privately.Carly, who has had uber public meltdowns ALL OVER TOWN AT THE WORST TIMES needs to shut her hole. And Nina has a point. you all were keeping quiet about Nelle's connection to nina for selfish reasons. AND like with AJ, like with Nik, you were going to happily let Nina live in the same town for years if you could get away with it with this woman living in the same town as her blood and never tell her. And Carly's only thing is to threaten Nina about keeping her away from her blood relative?  Am I supposed to root for Carly here? Because No. 

i watched Animal documentaries (like Planet Earth etc) with my 2 year old goddaughter all the time. They go gaga over seeing the animals frolic and play. 

Yep. Jax bought Joss’s kidney. He would have known that a toddler cannot receive an adult’s kidney, only a child’s. I hate that they’ve glossed over what Jax did, and he’s never received consequences. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, AryasMum said:
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Yep. Jax bought Joss’s kidney. He would have known that a toddler cannot receive an adult’s kidney, only a child’s. I hate that they’ve glossed over what Jax did, and he’s never received consequences

That was a retcon. Baby Joss got Jake’s kidney since, at the time, he’d just been killed in a hit and run.

So while I’m no longer a Jax fan, not blaming him for this, retcon or not.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That was a retcon. Baby Joss got Jake’s kidney since, at the time, he’d just been killed in a hit and run.

So while I’m no longer a Jax fan, not blaming him for this, retcon or not.

That SL never made sense anyway unless Jax knew Jake wasn’t dead. It was just a weird way of explaining away that Jake/Joss story and an excuse to keep Jax away from PC since he was only returning for a short time. Also, a way to introduce Nelle I guess but her revenge arc would have made more sense if Carly was in on it from the beginning and of course they couldn’t do that. 

Just echoing everyone in saying how GODAWFUL Carly was today.  That immediate "oh, HELL NO!" look on her face when she realized Nina was entertaining Wiley made me want to roundhouse kick her in the face.  And the "my grandson, my grandson, my grandson"/"do as I say or you will never see my grandson, my grandson, my grandson again?"  Do fuck off, you cow.

The other scenes I hated were the Olivia/Robert scenes and him leaning in hard to be all "Alexis bad/Alexis go to jail/me see to that" talk.  If that's what Olivia brings out in him?  Hard pass.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maybe they were trying to do a nod to the past. When Jason was taking care of baby Michael, he would read him travel book with pictures of animals.

I think that the only way to prove that Nelle is Nina's daughter is with a DNA test on Wylie. I can't see Carly allowing that.

• Love 1

Annnd, so if Peter had fessed up to Anna that he did kill Drew and almost killed Andre and Franco, and aided Shiloh, and thought about killing Robert was Anna gonna be all like "Oh Peter, you've told the truth, now I'm all good with you marrying Maxie and being my son!" I did not see the point of that whole conversation. 

Britt is so bubbly. She makes some of the other actors look like the walking dead, but her sparkle dust is having a good effect on Jason at least.

• Love 7

I literally turned off the show when I saw Carly standing in that doorway preparing to be all offended her grandson was seeing his other grandmother AT THE WISH OF HIS PARENTS. Oh I hate her so much I couldn't stand to watch the rest of the episode because I didn't want to see it. UGH.

Here's to my fanwank version of Carly going batshit cray over Nina and Wiley and getting committed again and leaving us deliciously Sonny and Carly free for awhile. One can dream.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I did not see the point of that whole conversation.

Anna needed Peter to tell her he was guilty. He lied and she knew it, so now she knows he's on the road to OMG TEH EVUL. Our long national nightmare is over.

• LOL 2

Also it just occurred to me please let Nina bring this up. 

they are lambasting Nelle for baby switching Wiley and letting Micheal believe that he was dead. 
Carly and Jax were happily going to do the same thing to Nina and were. without a second thought

just the next time Carly gets all high horsey (so like tomorrow) just clap her back with that one, Nina. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Also it just occurred to me please let Nina bring this up. 

they are lambasting Nelle for baby switching Wiley and letting Micheal believe that he was dead. 
Carly and Jax were happily going to do the same thing to Nina and were. without a second thought

just the next time Carly gets all high horsey (so like tomorrow) just clap her back with that one, Nina. 

Wouldn’t matter. Nikolas already tried to call her out about a month ago and response was more or less that it wasn’t a big deal because it was only a year. Never mind that she had no intention of telling the truth if Robin hadn’t exposed them and she was still lying when called out and Jax had to admit the truth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Wouldn’t matter. Nikolas already tried to call her out about a month ago and response was more or less that it wasn’t a big deal because it was only a year. Never mind that she had no intention of telling the truth if Robin hadn’t exposed them and she was still lying when called out and Jax had to admit the truth. 

I know. But it would make me feel better. 

But honestly. like this woman needs to be blown sky high. No one in this family is rootable, show.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I literally turned off the show when I saw Carly standing in that doorway preparing to be all offended her grandson was seeing his other grandmother AT THE WISH OF HIS PARENTS. Oh I hate her so much I couldn't stand to watch the rest of the episode because I didn't want to see it. UGH.

Here's to my fanwank version of Carly going batshit cray over Nina and Wiley and getting committed again and leaving us deliciously Sonny and Carly free for awhile. One can dream.

I want to marry this post!  I hate S&C with the heat of 1,000 suns.  Jasam can go, too!

Edited by KayVeeTeeVee
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh when Carly said that Wiley needed stability and love.

Oh yeah, Carly really cared about stability during the transition from Lucas' care to Michael's, given it happened like later the same day and Lucas was kept at arms length for months after.  Shut up, Carls.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Carly:  the Feds have declared that I'm no longer under suspicion and I didn't commit a crime, and do you know why?   

Nina:  You lied through your teeth?

CW's line read and facial expression were fantastic on that one!

Oh man. Now I have to bring up the episode on Hulu. Yesterday was the weekly COVID updates from the Indiana Governor (ALWAYS at 2:30), and the weekly COVID update from the Michigan Governor (ALWAYS at 2:00). At least it's only once a week now. Last summer, it was daily, and my ABC affiliate covers both states. 

Now, granted, I have zero fucks to give about Nell. Haven't missed her over the top Carly Roberts 2.0 routine one bit. And Nina changing her narrative to "poor Nell," makes me stabby, but I like a good Carly slam. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

As much as I can't stand Carly and never cared for LW in the role, I do have to hand it to her, she is completely committed to her version of Carly and Carly's POV. She's made the role entirely her own and never waivers from it, for better or worse. 

I still remember an analysis of LW's version of Carly being that she looks like a woman who rode horses as a girl before going home to her family's 4-bedroom Colonial house in Greenwich, Connecticut. 

• Love 5

SheBeast is the WORST character to ever appear on this show. And that she's written and lauded by Hack!Frank! as someone to admire? Feel Sorry for? Root for? My brain can't process this, nor does it accept it. When I was fast forwarding the commercials (ComCrap now has this "smart resume" where it knows to stop when the last commercial is over) and resumed, my screen paused and on her face which had her in mid-snarl--looking just like CUJO.

Oh, my heart. My heart! Why Robert? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY???? First you're kissing Oliviaaaaaaa's ass for reasons that escape me. And I'm hoping Holly will show up just as you think about dating that Italian stereotype, who will ruin you further than you've already been ruined.

The Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! that I know and love, would never automatically assume the guilt and treat them as if they were scum, like Robert was doing here with Alexis. And then that genuflection to Jaysus, who was sitting there like a Michael Corleone wannabe. I was expecting Robert to kiss his ring! As much as I hated Pod!Robert! who returned in 2006, I'll take his contempt and disgust for Mooby and his organization, over this...this...genuflection. I KNEW if Tristan stuck around, even on a recurring basis, they'd ruin him. But all is not lost. PLEASE let all NOT BE LOST.

Kathleen Gati looks like she's having a BALL chewing the scenery! Like I said yesterday, I loathe the character, but love the actress.

So now that Anna knows Obrecht was framed, no need for that trip, so now what? Will she and Valentin expose Heinrik at the wedding altar?

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I still remember an analysis of LW's version of Carly being that she looks like a woman who rode horses as a girl before going home to her family's 4-bedroom Colonial house in Greenwich, Connecticut. 

Pretty much. She gives off a big Karen energy. Entitled, privileged, judgmental woman whose always had everything handed to her and never suffered any losses. She has never appeared to be a natural transition from the previous Carlys to me. Honestly, I’ve seen Sonny be more empathetic and a better friend than she has been to others and that’s really saying something when we know how selfish he is. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey Carly, what's Donna, your BARELY TODDLER-AGED CHILD, up to?

You'll have to ask the nanny about that.

I love how Donna doesn't even get a mention now, unless it's as one of "the little girls." Why is Donna? Carly and Sonny certainly don't need another child, and the spina bifida stuff was a big fat zzzzz. 

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

like Robert was doing here with Alexis

Let's face it, Alexis is guilty. She did stab Dante with a loaded hypodermic. There are extenuating circumstances, but they don't change her actions. It's not as if Robert was railing about her not being in Pentonville for attempted murder. He was pretty measured. I also don't think he was treating her scum. He thought her trying to talk to Olivia was a bad idea, which isn't unreasonable. Alexis was lucky Olivia was in the mood to listen. (I did love him hightailing it out of the Q mansion—"Yeah, I don't want to stick around for whatever this turns out to be." Hee.)

1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

She gives off a big Karen energy.

LOL, she really does. If she didn't already own the MetroCourt, you know she'd be constantly asking to speak to the manager.

2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

She has never appeared to be a natural transition from the previous Carlys to me.

I disagree. I think the through line is pretty good. Carly blew into town with a giant chip on her shoulder, feeling robbed of the childhood she felt she should have had. That's an entitlement of a different sort—someone needs to pay for her misfortune (which at the time was written as just a less affluent upbringing, and we all scoffed at that, because it's not as if Bobbie had had an indulgent childhood). She's been at the nexus of power in PC for so long that entitlement feels inevitable. No one has seriously challenged her. That's the fault of the writing, of course, but given that, how else would she act? She feels she's had to fight for everything she's gotten.

I'm curious: How would you rather Carly act today? What would be a natural transition?

• Love 2