Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

I have never wished for a miscarriage or infant death on a fictional character, but Maxie does NOT need another child. She already has two invisible kids, and the world doesn’t need another innocent child inheriting the psycho genes of her father and grandfather. 

This. This show already has too many pointless, rarely seen kids. Maxie already has 2 kids that they didn’t even have present at her wedding. Drama aside, they could have had them there for the beginning if they really wanted to and ushered them offscreen later on like they did Violet but they don’t care about Maxie’s kids. Having a kid doesn’t redeem Peter in any way. It just pisses off Maxie fans who don’t want a permanent tie to him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

(sigh). this show. 

Okay. Oooo that Daddy Finn heard that Jackie was attracted to Finn. That was very soapy. I like it 👏

This Wiley crap:
The fact that Micheal looked at Carly before deciding made me want to throw up in my mouth. So basically it just plays out that Micheal is doing what Carly wants him to do. 

Nina's last words: I was just being honest. (I said what I said in re: to Nina yesterday) but can we just focus on this please  I was just being honest. That's what you should be, and this would have been avoided. (it also would have been avoided if Nina had listened to Ava). You don't want to give Wiley anymore upheavel so you are introducing him to another person and taking her away in the span of a week? Okay there. 

Also. let's not forget that all of this would/could have been avoided if Carly had told Nina the truth instead of Nina being blindsided by it. No. Carly wanted to control the situation and now it's like "Look how cray Nina is." Never mind the fact that Carly would burned everything to the ground if the situation was reversed. 

Maxie i am so done with you. 

• Love 12

Good for Willow for realizing that rhis was about her own grief at losing her child. In that sense, Nina did her a favour and I hope she gets therapy for it. I'm glad that she went to Chase because Michael is going to do his best to undo any progress she makes. He's already started by banning Nina because she made Willow cry.

I liked the contrast of Anna/Robert and Finn/Jackie exes scenes. One is settled, the other has unfinished business.

So if I'm understanding correctly, Finn went to see his stepmother 2 days before her marriage to his father, slept with her and ignored her the next day and then avoided her for the next 30 years, putting the blame on his father for remarrying too quickly. Jackie was in love with Finn (??) but settled for marrying his father. Neither of these people win any awards.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Good for Willow for realizing that rhis was about her own grief at losing her child. In that sense, Nina did her a favour and I hope she gets therapy for it. I'm glad that she went to Chase because Michael is going to do his best to undo any progress she makes. He's already started by banning Nina because she made Willow cry.

I liked the contrast of Anna/Robert and Finn/Jackie exes scenes. One is settled, the other has unfinished business.

So if I'm understanding correctly, Finn went to see his stepmother 2 days before her marriage to his father, slept with her and ignored her the next day and then avoided her for the next 30 years, putting the blame on his father for remarrying too quickly. Jackie was in love with Finn (??) but settled for marrying his father. Neither of these people win any awards.

Did Finn know who Jackie was?

Even though I love them dearly, Robert and Anna drive me bonkers sometimes. Hey, Mac gave you one job - keep Peter away from the Hospital, and you botched that too. 

Btw, if you had listened to your old Boss Sean Donnelly about 35 years ago and killed Faison there probably wouldn't even be a Peter August to deal with in the first place. But in all fairness, Sean always seemed to take the "License to Kill" concept more to heart than you guys.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She knew him before she knew his father, IIRC. She was writing some article about interns or something and she and Finn became close.

I think she said something about how she couldn't sleep with him while she was writing the article because it would be unethical.

So she chose two days before she married his father to do it? Did she cheat on Gregory other times too?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

The fact that Micheal looked at Carly before deciding made me want to throw up in my mouth. So basically it just plays out that Micheal is doing what Carly wants him to do. 

Carly: "I'm sorry that it's come to this."

Me: Bullshit.  This is exactly what you wanted--Nina out of Wiley's life.

Michael: "I can't let that happen again, for Willow's sake."

Me: So, then...it's NOT about Wiley, it's about Willow.  Got it, Ball-less Wonder. 

Sam's phone call to Jason was ridiculous.  First off, the breathlessness like she was soooo upset she was hyperventilating.  Secondly, she didn't even convey the situation correctly.  She didn't tell him what Franco said, re Peter killing Drew, rather made it sound like Franco was the threat.  Unbelievable.

• Love 11
(edited)

God Maxie is SUCH  a MORON! Accusing Britt of not warning her about Heinrik? Let’s see...

1. Robert warned you

2. Dante warned you when he came back

3. Obrecht warned you when you were still on speaking terms 

4. Britt did also warn you

And your response to ALL of them was to screech he was a good man and that they had to accept you loved his ass.

So, was Heinrik planning on shooting Mac and the hospital staff if they refused to let him see Twaxie?

Loved, loved, LOVED all the Robert and Anna scenes! Guess the break up with Finn will usher Finola’s vacation and Anna will go see ROBIN, to heal? And I loved this tweet by Kimberly when someone tweeted images of Robert and Anna today and said they were the gold standard (Finola thanked them):

Me: 😄😄😄😄

As for Nina and the SLS now refusing to let her see Wiley (who was the OPPOSITE of fussy) because Willow cried? Just wait—she’ll sue for visitation rights as his grandmother, who has every right. And under better writers, would bring up how Jax and SheBeast kept that knowledge to themselves for...reasons.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Laur said:

Maybe he can get with Brook Lynn and be a father figure to her and Valentin's baby.

Uh, what? I took a break when the show first returned as it freaked me out seeing everyone without masks on. Clearly I missed something.

(Also, in Nelle really and truly dead, or is she "dead"?)

13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly: "I'm sorry that it's come to this."

Me: Bullshit.  This is exactly what you wanted--Nina out of Wiley's life.

Michael: "I can't let that happen again, for Willow's sake."

Me: So, then...it's NOT about Wiley, it's about Willow.  Got it, Ball-less Wonder. 

Well at least he admitted it. Saying it was to protect Wiley was laughable when he spent the first year and a half of his life being raised by 2 fathers who I’m sure they never talk about even though 1 is related to them. Can’t mention Nelle even in passing because it will hurt Willow’s feelings. I’ll give Willow credit in seeing what the actual issue is away from the Corinthos clan. That hearing Wiley say that made her remember her dead son and that she hasn’t properly grieved over him because she replaced him with Wiley. Doubt she’ll ever mention this to Carly/Michael though. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’ll give Willow credit in seeing what the actual issue is away from the Corinthos clan. That hearing Wiley say that made her remember her dead son and that she hasn’t properly grieved over him because she replaced him with Wiley. Doubt she’ll ever mention this to Carly/Michael though. 

If she does tell Michael he's enough of an idiot to think that means she needs MORE of a connection to Wiley.  He'll probably suggest double-adopting him or something.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Even though I love them dearly, Robert and Anna drive me bonkers sometimes. Hey, Mac gave you one job - keep Peter away from the Hospital, and you botched that too. 

Btw, if you had listened to your old Boss Sean Donnelly about 35 years ago and killed Faison there probably wouldn't even be a Peter August to deal with in the first place. But in all fairness, Sean always seemed to take the "License to Kill" concept more to heart than you guys.

No, the show said Peter was born in 76.

@statsgirl - The timeline for the Finn/Jackie/Gregory thing is interesting. I have lots of questions like how much time passed btw Finn's mother dying and Gregory re-marrying. We don't know that. 

What we do know is Finn's mom died. Finn met Jackie b/c she was doing an article on young medical students or something. She and Finn caught feelings for each other, but Jackie didn't want to date Finn b/c she wanted to maintain her journalistic integrity. Finn introduces Jackie to his dad. At some point after that, Gregory and Jackie start dating and decide to get married. This was shortly after Finn's mother's death - maybe a couple of months or so. Finn goes to Jackie the night before the wedding, and they sleep together. Finn then ghosted Jackie who was looking for him to show up and stop the wedding to his dad the next day! 

Finn told Anna he was upset his dad was re-marrying so fast after his mother's death, so he just let Gregory think that was the main reason he stayed away when, in reality, he was also upset b/c it was Jackie his dad was marrying. The whole thing is a huge, soapy mess! 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Finn told Anna he was upset his dad was re-marrying so fast after his mother's death, so he just let Gregory think that was the main reason he stayed away when, in reality, he was also upset b/c it was Jackie his dad was marrying. The whole thing is a huge, soapy mess! 

It really seems, though, that the Jackie part of the main reason, which I still find gross, that he used his dead mom as a smokescreen because he was sad about a woman he never dated and slept with once.

And how in love with Jackie could he have been, didn't he marry that chick who died of the SUPER DUDLY ILLNESS pretty young in his backstory?

• Love 2

I am livid they had Franco be the one to attack Heinrich. So now is he going to turn back into evil Franco?? Will Heinrich STILL not pay for his crimes?? Or did Franco just happen upon the scene after the fact and it’s some sort of fake out?What the actual fuck. I am in the minority that I like this iteration of Franco and now they just ruined it. Christ on a cracker. I can’t have nice things. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

she’ll sue for visitation rights as his grandmother, who has every right

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLEASE, NO. I cannot take another fight over some dipshit child.

48 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

(Also, in Nelle really and truly dead, or is she "dead"?)

It's not entirely clear—Chase apparently ID'd the body, but we never saw it—but I'm leaning toward "dead." It might be a while before we see Nelle again, though. 

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And how in love with Jackie could he have been, didn't he marry that chick who died of the SUPER DUDLY ILLNESS pretty young in his backstory?

The reason he has Roxie!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It really seems, though, that the Jackie part of the main reason, which I still find gross, that he used his dead mom as a smokescreen because he was sad about a woman he never dated and slept with once.

I honestly think it was both though. I think he was genuinely angry and upset that his dad was moving on so fast from his mother who just died. The fact that his dad was moving on w/Jackie was just another blow and made it worse. 

I've gotten the impression that Finn/Jackie had immediate sparks and just liked each other. But for her article, they would have dated. That's why I would love to know how Finn introduced her to his dad and what he told his dad about her. It doesn't seem like Finn knew Jackie and his dad were seeing each other.  It seems like he only learned they were planning to marry, so I can understand him being shocked and confused. I don't know. That's why some times would be good. 

Yeah . . . he did marry that other lady when he was young. As usual the writers don't care about his established back story; this is the new story. Hahaha! Remember when Sam came on as a diver or something, and then years later we learned she had married multiple men for their money when she was young. When? When did she have time for all that? The character had be to 23 when she was first introduced, and she had been scuba diving (or whatever) for a few years! When did she marry all those guys? LOL! 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I've gotten the impression that Finn/Jackie had immediate sparks and just liked each other. But for her article, they would have dated.

What was the article about again?  Please correct me if I'm misremembering, but it wasn't like he was some whistleblower or something, right?  She was like profiling him as a young up-and-comer.  I feel like, once the story was published, it wouldn't be a huge deal if they dated.

And if it was, what was she thinking getting involved with his dad, unless there were immediate sparks there too?

I shouldn't keep pulling at these retcon strings, but it annoys me.

22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLEASE, NO. I cannot take another fight over some dipshit child.

Oh I agree! But on...paper, this latest caving to his Mommy and a way to keep Willow latched to him, it would serve them right.

But I’m so sick of this subplot, and SHEBEAST’s shenanigans. It’s a useless endeavor to hope for better.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Oh for fucks sakes with Willow getting her feelings hurt...if this is how she reacts when he’s two and doesn’t even know or understand what he’s saying

She's reacting this way because what he said reminded her of the baby swap and that her son died.  She has avoided dealing with that pain by getting immersed in the "Wiley's mother" role.  Hopefully by the time Wiley is older, she will have come to terms with it all.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What will it take? Heinrik pointing a gun and shooting Mac or Felicia? If she sees that video that "Drew" left, she'd accuse Franco of faking it. So Anna is lying, Valentin is lying. EVERYONE is lying except for Heinrik.🙄

Well, that's what it took when Maxie was about to marry Levi. He shot Mac and took Maxie hostage. I don't think she actually believes Anna is lying.  Her tone and words to Britt sounded like deep down she understands that "good" Peter is an illusion, but she's in love with him and wants her baby to have a father, and she's also angry about people being right about him all the time she's been defending him.  It kind of sounded to me like she's still considering marrying him as a middle finger to all those who "hate Peter" and also because she genuinely believes he will always take care of/not endanger her and the children because "he loves us so much." But if she were really so in love with Peter and at peace with getting married, she wouldn't have been crying over the "Happy Wedding Day, Mommy and Daddy" picture James drew.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Maxie takes Peter back because it's easier right now. And she probably feels pretty vulnerable because of the baby.

I agree she feels vulnerable because of the baby. James is very attached to Peter and Peter is the father of her baby. She's still clinging to the hope that somehow evidence will prove Peter not guilty, and that she and Peter can have the happy family life she didn't get to have with Nathan. In her situation, who would want to look toward the future as a single parent of two kids, trying to balance family and a big career. Back during the Nurse's Ball, she told Peter she was about to have this major career commitment and was scared about struggling to be a good mother and high performing career woman.  She calmed down and embraced having another child when he said he would be by her side through it all, helping her keep life in balance. 

5 hours ago, Laur said:

How can she still be willing to take him back? Like, Anna has no stake in lying about this and Maxie has known Anna her entire life. For her to believe Peter over Anna AND all the other corroborating sources is bonkers.

See above.  She is desperate to believe Anna is wrong (not lying), and that she is relying on "unreliable" witnesses like Valentin. She doesn't want to face that she's in love with an illusion, esp. when she's soon going to give birth to his baby.  Women take back their lying/criminal and/or abusive domestic partners all the time (unfortunately) because they want to believe he'll change,  or that he really loves her and the kids and will always take care of them so she can live with whatever else he does, or that "deep down, he's a good man and I can bring that out in him" etc., etc.

I still call bullshit on Felicia leaving town to take care of an elderly relative who has never previously been mentioned on the Show, at a time when her only living daughter is getting married and will soon be giving birth.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

What was the article about again?  Please correct me if I'm misremembering, but it wasn't like he was some whistleblower or something, right?  She was like profiling him as a young up-and-comer.  I feel like, once the story was published, it wouldn't be a huge deal if they dated.

And if it was, what was she thinking getting involved with his dad, unless there were immediate sparks there too?

I shouldn't keep pulling at these retcon strings, but it annoys me.

Oh, I agree w/you! That was a lame reason to not date, but that's what they've said. LOL! 

I also agree that I don't know how she let herself get involved w/Gregory after flirting and having a connection w/Finn. That is really messy.  I would love to get more details about how that unfolded.

Edited by lala2
  • Love 3

Is Willow's adoption of Wiley final yet? I'm hoping to God she realizes she needs to take a step back and grieve her child and then decide if that is really what she wants to do. 

Jackie is really thirsty.

Can the writers not think of any other storyline for Maxie besides a pregnancy. Nobody cared when it was Spinelli's baby. No one cared when it was Nathan's baby. No one cares when it's Peter's baby!    

• Love 7

IIRC ,Jackie's article was about the stresses on resident. Finn would have been 25-30.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

I've gotten the impression that Finn/Jackie had immediate sparks and just liked each other. But for her article, they would have dated. That's why I would love to know how Finn introduced her to his dad and what he told his dad about her. It doesn't seem like Finn knew Jackie and his dad were seeing each other.  It seems like he only learned they were planning to marry, so I can understand him being shocked and confused. I don't know. That's why some times would be good.

The backstory does neither Finn nor Jackie any favours. Finn slept with his father's fiance right before the wedding and then pushed his father away and stayed away for 28 (?) years, ignoring his brother and making his father feel guilty by telling him that it's his fault because he remarried too soon after Finn's mother's death.

Jackie looks even worse, making it appear that she really wanted Finn, slept with him then waited for him before the wedding refusing to talk to her fiance, and only married Gregory when Finn didn't call her back. Then she realized that she was pregnant and avoided getting a paternity test to find out who the father is.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for Nina and the SLS now refusing to let her see Wiley (who was the OPPOSITE of fussy) because Willow cried? Just wait—she’ll sue for visitation rights as his grandmother, who has every right. And under better writers, would bring up how Jax and SheBeast kept that knowledge to themselves for...reasons.

Yes, I don't know the law regarding this in the U.S., but surely Nina has a right to visitation with her grandchild. Michael was being kind of an asshole saying that would have to wait now. At this point, Nina needs to get a lawyer,

• Love 4

I really like Brit’s current return. She’s involved in everyone’s storyline, tells it like it is & people most of the people of PC don’t seem to mind her. Her and Sam have an unusual relationship. Sam doesn’t seem to like her but she also gets that Brit is smart and has a good read on people. The actress also appears to have a lot of fun, too. I am curious to see if they’ll go there with her and Jason. I don’t totally hate it but I can’t imagine it being long term. She’s not the mob mole type. She’s more the 007 type. Also, Maxie is soooo dumb and Tristin Rogers is just like Nina. The actor told the truth and some people are mad at him. LOL!!!!!

• Love 15
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, I don't know the law regarding this in the U.S., but surely Nina has a right to visitation with her grandchild. Michael was being kind of an asshole saying that would have to wait now. At this point, Nina needs to get a lawyer,

Before she gets a lawyer, she needs to get concrete evidence that she is related to Wiley. Just because she found the cheap half of her cheap heart necklace, found a picture of Nelle as a child wearing that necklace and the nurse agreeing that the picture of Frank is the same man that she met for a few minutes almost 30 years ago doesn't establish her claim that she was Nelle's mother and as a result that she is Wiley's grandmother.

She needs dna evidence. If she is going to pursue any sort of custody/forced visitation against what Michael wants for his son, then is going to figure out how to do that before going to a lawyer (most likely Martin). She should make Michael feel guilty about denying her access by asking for  100% confirmation that Wiley is related to her by granting her to get a dna sample for Wiley but not telling him the real reason is for her to go after custody.

Or more soapy, she uses her wealth and influence to dig up Nelle's grave in order to prove that she was Nelle's mother. But since I don't think that Nelle is in that grave or dead, Nina will be heartbroken when the tests come back and she is not a match.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Before she gets a lawyer, she needs to get concrete evidence that she is related to Wiley. Just because she found the cheap half of her cheap heart necklace, found a picture of Nelle as a child wearing that necklace and the nurse agreeing that the picture of Frank is the same man that she met for a few minutes almost 30 years ago doesn't establish her claim that she was Nelle's mother and as a result that she is Wiley's grandmother.

She needs dna evidence. If she is going to pursue any sort of custody/forced visitation against what Michael wants for his son, then is going to figure out how to do that before going to a lawyer (most likely Martin). She should make Michael feel guilty about denying her access by asking for  100% confirmation that Wiley is related to her by granting her to get a dna sample for Wiley but not telling him the real reason is for her to go after custody.

Or more soapy, she uses her wealth and influence to dig up Nelle's grave in order to prove that she was Nelle's mother. But since I don't think that Nelle is in that grave or dead, Nina will be heartbroken when the tests come back and she is not a match.

the same. 
But honestly because they just did a custody thingy i really don't want that.

I don't' know what rights grandparents have either. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Unless there's some twist coming up about Nelle really not being Nina's daughter, then I don't understand why they haven't done this DNA test to at the very least remove all doubt instead of as you said relying on a cheap half necklace. I doubt Carly and Nelle are the only two girls/children who have a history with Frank Benson. If this guy sold a kidney on the black market then I don't doubt he also sold babies.

Do we know if he's dead?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

considering they never even did a DNA test to prove Sam was Alexis' daughter, and they haven't even bothered to get Sonny's prints to find out who he is.... I think the writers only remember that these things exist when it is convenient for them.

Also, Avery is totally Morgan's kid, I will die on that hill.  DNA is only used badly or to switch out on this show.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

considering they never even did a DNA test to prove Sam was Alexis' daughter, and they haven't even bothered to get Sonny's prints to find out who he is.... I think the writers only remember that these things exist when it is convenient for them.

At least with Sam, there was an "investigation" of sorts, where Sam and Jason followed a paper trail. The show used Sam's baby's stem cells being a match for Kristina and the rare blood type that matched Nikolas' to try and build a case. And they gave Danny that rare genetic disease that runs on the Cassadine side of the family. 

I'm surprised that Carly hasn't suggested a DNA test since she clearly resents having to share Wylie with another grandmother. 

The only thing they're using to prove Nelle's maternity is a wanna-be Tiffany half-heart necklace and Phyllis who.

I'll never get over how fucking cheap Madeline is putting a woman and a newborn on a bus from NYC to Florida.  

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Also, Avery is totally Morgan's kid, I will die on that hill. 

There are worse hills to die on than this one, tbh. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, I don't know the law regarding this in the U.S., but surely Nina has a right to visitation with her grandchild.

IRL (ha!), grandparents in NYS can petition the court for visitation, but ultimately it's up to the parents.

According to this (that last line is mine, not part of the quote, but stupid formatting won't let me fix it):

New York courts tend to only allow for grandparent’s visitation if there are circumstances in which the court feels that intervention is the proper course of action.

In New York specifically, courts will only consider requests for visitation rights from the natural grandparents; only biological or adoptive. This right to request does not extend to great grandparents, or other relatives such as aunts and uncles. Only biological or adoptive grandparents are able to obtain visitation rights.

Like most family law, it can get super messy super quickly. 

I will have to say (looking on twitter). this is the thing that's gonna bother me forever. So many people are like. Nina is so disrespectful to Willow/Adopted mothers etc. and "REAL parents are the ones who ABC, XYZ."  This was even on this video recap on GH too. and I am like okay: no one (except for Wiley apparently), is saying that Willow isn't Wiley's "real" mother. She's been around and what not (again why if the adoption was supposed to be closed but that's a horse of a different colour). so basically the "female mother role" (since he was raised for the first 2.5 years with just Brad/Lucas etc) is Willow.

No one should argue this fact (other than again. Willow actually being uber involved in the first place). 

I would be wondering

A: Why is Micheal so fast to push Adoption?
Why not just wait until Wiley is old enough to decide for himself to have Willow adopt him? They did it with this Leo kid i've never seen.  I think the only person who hasn't adopted anyone was Franco (and i'd argue maybe he'd have the best case to do so since all the boys love him and they're only enough to know who Lucky is and decide if that's what they want).

B: Why is Nelle being erased?
Honestly if I were Nina, this would probably be the angle i'd be pushing. If she's gonna be threatened not to see Wiley either way. push why Wiley isn't being told about his birth Mother? Where's Nelle's photo by his bed?  for all of Carly's bleating "We can wait until he's older, then when he's mature we can tell him what a big crap pile we think Nelle is." - someone pointed out earlier: why even bother with ANY of that? just be: This was Nelle. she was your mom but she died when you were 2. I doubt anyone is gonna rush up to this kid and go "Hey Wiley, didja know your birth mom was Nuts?"

I get they always have to win. the Corinthii but man do they need a Greek chorus, pushing the other side of the coin 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

A: Why is Micheal so fast to push Adoption?

Michael wants Willow and this is how to keep her close. He has to always coordinate with her so they're always talking, she's always at the Quartermains and now she's even living in the gatehouse.

Michael is not self-aware so he will probably continue to hold Willow close even if it would be better for her to distance herself and deal with the death of her son separate from Wylie.

As for why Nelle is being erased, that's what Carly and Sonny do, erase the inconvenient biological parent. They did their best to erase AJ from Michael's life and Ava from Avery's. Sonny even tried to kill Jax when there was a custody issue with Joss. They're toxic people who shouldn't be allowed to parent without supervision.

• Love 9
(edited)

This soap and most others really, NEVER get the law/court system right, so IF Nina decided to sue, (mind you I DON’T want to see another custody battle because the outcome is rigged) she can do it.

This is the SAME soap that had Edward, Epiphany, and what’shisface-bar owner with the 70s ‘stache sitting on the jury for SLS’s murder trial. Or having Scotty be the prosecutor at Logan’s murder trial.

If only to draaag the SHEBEAST for her lies and coverups, and not see the arrogant smug on her face for a minute. And Jax.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
On 3/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, dubbel zout said:

Weirdly, I was thinking about the wedding guest list last night, and I realized I didn't care why people who probably should have been there weren't. I don't need an explanation even when it's someone like Felicia, mother of one of the brides. Covid precautions likely mean they have to limit the total number of people on set. They decided on people who absolutely had to be there (attendants, Lucy) and then those who would move the story along (Dante [alas], Valentin, etc). 

TR is right that they wrote themselves into a corner with Heinrich/Peter and have no idea to to get out of it, and that's an overall problem with the show. I'm not sure Faison would have been the right person for the show, as he's best in small doses in a clearly defined story, and that's not this. But the story being a mess isn't WR's fault in the least. 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:45 PM, ffwbe said:

IA, it’s a combination of a weak actor (at least for this medium) and bad material. There are plenty of others who have been able to rise above bad material and their characters doing things that made no sense and still have sizable fan bases. He isn’t one of them. I don’t think people would love him even if he was playing a better character. I think he most of the audience would be indifferent to him because he doesn’t exactly exude charisma and his acting choices leave a lot to be desired. 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:31 PM, Benji said:

But I think a better actor could make the story more bearable. Like JPS and Valentin, for instance. Valentin doesn't always have the greatest stories, but JPS is always interesting to watch. Peter needs to be more of a tortured soul and, the way WR plays him, he's just not. 

I think Peter is a worse character than Valentin. WR isn't handling the character well because TPTB have no idea or real plan with him, which was probably why he was cast while dropping off his girlfriend at work. The other problem is that the show often refuses to write to an actors strength or give them any type of guidance. I heard Lindsay Morgan did good work when she got "The 100," even though her version of Kristina was terrible. In her case, it wasn't acting talent that was the problem but terrible storyline with team that refused to help their actors.

It is a huge thing to demand that actors be super amazing at everything and be beautiful. Movies and primetime shows don't even get that pool of talent. Either you take your casting seriously, with a well drawn out character, or you fit the character with whatever type actor you have. Kelly Thiebaud isn't a super amazing actor either, but through some miracle her character is better drawn out and the character play to KT's strengths.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:10 AM, ffwbe said:

I get what you’re saying. Jason has always been treated as the perfect one who saves the day, can do no wrong, and is respected by, and defended by most of the town. When characters do call him out, they are usually supposed to be seen by the viewers as the heels, villains, or just generally lesser characters. His brain damage gives them an excuse to get away with writing away his not feeling guilt or shame for his actions. People are always quicker to call out Sonny and Carly for their bad behavior than Jason.

This is also a weird side note but I don’t think the current writers are interested as Jason in a lead role despite all of his screen time. He’s even more of a Sonny/Carly errand boy than he used to be and lacks POV and typically defers to one or both of them. In the past, he was written as the savior in their lives but he was more of a partner to Sonny. Since SBu’s return, he’s written as more subordinate. 

Well what can I say: Steve Burton wanted to play the stoic, criminal robot. I am not feeling sorry for him at all. He has been on this show for 30 years, with that 5 year break and still dominates screen time. I was somewhat sympathetic, because it did suck that RC seemed to want to accommodate and keep Roger Hogworth, despite losing the rights to Todd Manning and trying to make the god awful Franco fit into the canvas. I hate Jason, but he was a somewhat successful character on this show, and at least he deserved to be accommodated more than RH. But two things:

1) While other actors of similar acting talent have either had their screen time drastically reduced or shown the door at this point in their tenures, SB is given the same amount of screen time, for a type of character (unrepentant criminal) that should not have that. 

2) He doesn't want to change or have even the slightest tarnish to Jason's halo. So while Stuart Damon's Alan was challenging himself playing drug addictions and Leslie Charleston's Monica was playing out an affair in the aftermath of breast cancer, Jason basically has the town kiss his ring for his awe-inspiring wisdom. What's worse, so many other actors were thrown under the bus for his character to be the hero and never got their characters rehabbed. 

• Love 6

You know, I was thinking about the whole Peter/Maxie of it all the other day and this whole story and something struck me. GH could have actually had some real gold here. Just think if they had two actors who had incredible chemistry like supercouple knock 'em out of the park chemistry (Genie Francis/Anthony Geary range), better actors, and they would have had viewers desperately rooting for Peter and Maxie to actually be together. Imagine how different this story would be looking. Seriously. Viewers would *want* Peter to get away with everything he was doing. They would understand, even while going NO! Don't do it!!, him trying to cover up his, erm, misdeeds. They would be reveling in their love story, but also be in agony because they knew that it was all going to crash down.

And then now when Maxie was still choosing to stand by him it wouldn't be 'Oh, she's so stupid!' it would be 'YES! Despite it all! She still loves him! That is the power of true love!!' And when Franco hit Peter, potentially killing him, viewers would have been devastated because they wanted Peter there with Maxie at the hospital, they wanted him to know that despite everything, Maxie still loved him, damnit!

I mean, it really would be this great, soapy, beautiful LOVE STORY! Alas, KSt and WR don't have even remotely that kind of chemistry, and KSt and WR have their moments of decent to good acting, but yeah. Ah well.

• Love 4

The biggest tragedy of this Maxie/Peter storyline is Spinelli keeps popping up in it. 

I swear, I want to start a GoFundMe to pay a producer to put BA in a movie so he's otherwise employed.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, driver18 said:

You know, I was thinking about the whole Peter/Maxie of it all the other day and this whole story and something struck me. GH could have actually had some real gold here. Just think if they had two actors who had incredible chemistry like supercouple knock 'em out of the park chemistry (Genie Francis/Anthony Geary range), better actors, and they would have had viewers desperately rooting for Peter and Maxie to actually be together. Imagine how different this story would be looking. Seriously. Viewers would *want* Peter to get away with everything he was doing. They would understand, even while going NO! Don't do it!!, him trying to cover up his, erm, misdeeds. They would be reveling in their love story, but also be in agony because they knew that it was all going to crash down.

And then now when Maxie was still choosing to stand by him it wouldn't be 'Oh, she's so stupid!' it would be 'YES! Despite it all! She still loves him! That is the power of true love!!' And when Franco hit Peter, potentially killing him, viewers would have been devastated because they wanted Peter there with Maxie at the hospital, they wanted him to know that despite everything, Maxie still loved him, damnit!

I mean, it really would be this great, soapy, beautiful LOVE STORY! Alas, KSt and WR don't have even remotely that kind of chemistry, and KSt and WR have their moments of decent to good acting, but yeah. Ah well.

I am thinking better scripts and direction. The show isn't working with what they have and I am sick of blaming most actors for the shortcomings of RC and his team.  It might be nice to have "better" actors, but KSt strength is playing the reformed bad girl (the period after Georgie died and she was trying to find out who killed her). WR might have done better playing a grown Sly Eckert instead of whatever what Peter is. I think even without TG and GF, if the rape was removed, the show would still have a solid couple to follow, bc the writing was just that good.

The show isn't interested in building any type of relationship (which is what they did with Luke and Laura), that is why the go to the overused route of someone being someone else's long lost sibling. I was watching some Dawson's Creek and even during the fourth season, when Joey and Pacey were an official couple, I was kind of shocked about how much they continued to mix up the cast; Jen and Andie hanging out checking out guys, Dawson and Jack painting houses together, Dawson and Jen have conversations as friends, Joey visiting Jen and Jen inviting her to the "Dive In", Jack and Jen talking about their love lives, Jack talking with Joey and Jen talking with Dawson about the summer and Dawson and Joey's rough patch in their friendship, Pacey and Jen getting caught in a hurricane on his boat, with Dawson (who was still mad about Pacey/Joey) dragging Pacey off his boat and Pacey later going to Dawson and telling that he missed their friendship. Except for the hurricane scene, there wasn't anything flashy about them and the thing with that hurricane scene, it was nice seeing that Dawson still cared about Pacey even though he was upset with him, building on storylines that happened the pervious season, and they didn't ignore previous relationships even when they moved the characters to other ones.  After all these years, those scenes still hold up. That was within 22 episodes. It feels like GH don't do those scenes, even though they did do scenes like that during 80 and 90s. Scott might have been Dominque's one true love, but Mac made a visit to her while she was dying. 

1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Well what can I say: Steve Burton wanted to play the stoic, criminal robot. I am not feeling sorry for him at all. He has been on this show for 30 years, with that 5 year break and still dominates screen time.

What's worse is that he's mentioned before how Jason Quartermaine was a boring character to play. Jason Morgan hasn't been interesting since the 90s either. He's still boring and one-note, just traded in the reindeer sweaters for a leather jacket. What's worse is most treat him like the golden child either way. At least Jason Quartermaine earned that label. He was an intelligent, loving person who was always there for his family and friends and was respectful and kinds towards others. Jason Morgan is a career criminal and deadbeat dead who treated the rest of his family as an afterthought. Monica should have given up on him a long time ago. Steve had the opportunity to play a more interesting character and either the show gave up on it or he fought against it. I'd wager the latter because we knew he had a lot of influence when Guza/JFP were in charge and that's when Jason Morgan was the most insufferable and hard to watch for me. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Michael wants Willow and this is how to keep her close. He has to always coordinate with her so they're always talking, she's always at the Quartermains and now she's even living in the gatehouse.

Michael is not self-aware so he will probably continue to hold Willow close even if it would be better for her to distance herself and deal with the death of her son separate from Wylie.

As for why Nelle is being erased, that's what Carly and Sonny do, erase the inconvenient biological parent. They did their best to erase AJ from Michael's life and Ava from Avery's. Sonny even tried to kill Jax when there was a custody issue with Joss. They're toxic people who shouldn't be allowed to parent without supervision.

No I mean we know that, but these are questions that NINA should be asking. I even chided Nina for "breaking the rules" but then I have to actually think - Did anyone flat out say "Don't mention Nelle to Wiley at all?" Because (going from what we've seen) ALL Nina said was "I'm your gramma but your other mommy's mommy" (basically so Carly can win).Someone is going at it on me right now basically how Carly/Micheal were right so I just have to stop. because I'm not going to be that person on twitter. 

If Nina was told don't do any of this crap and she did it. then yeah. (and imo that's how the show/promotions etc are presenting it and it drives me nuts). But the fact is she was presented to Wiley as his grandmother and she told the truth. I'm your other mommy's mommy. Unless they are gonna show on Monday that Nina flat out told Wiley that Willow isn't your real Mommy. my Daughter is your real Mommy  etc etc etc) then this is crazy. 

So like. if you don't want Nina to mention Nelle at all then quite frankly  - tell Nina that. (to which if i were NIna i'd be going all the Whys etc like I mentioned). 

And It's hilarious how it's like "We just introduced you to Wiley as Grandma, but don't show up ever again until we deem you worthy." like that's not gonna confuse the kid more? 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

What's worse is that he's mentioned before how Jason Quartermaine was a boring character to play. Jason Morgan hasn't been interesting since the 90s either. He's still boring and one-note, just traded in the reindeer sweaters for a leather jacket. What's worse is most treat him like the golden child either way. At least Jason Quartermaine earned that label. He was an intelligent, loving person who was always there for his family and friends and was respectful and kinds towards others. Jason Morgan is a career criminal and deadbeat dead who treated the rest of his family as an afterthought. Monica should have given up on him a long time ago. Steve had the opportunity to play a more interesting character and either the show gave up on it or he fought against it. I'd wager the latter because we knew he had a lot of influence when Guza/JFP were in charge and that's when Jason Morgan was the most insufferable and hard to watch for me. 

He didn't give a shit that his character was boring, he only cared that he character was cool.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I remember that, and I feel the same way. 

And the thing is I always felt. like if you hated how the character was being portrayed why not just leave? at the time Jason/Steve was so.... like scream worthy (when he was on talk shows etc, i remember how they were like YES Jason was still a virgin because Keesha and he hadn't had sex yet) nd everyone was like woooohooo. Just go to a different soap where you could play someone more exciting (and to be fair when he was on Y+ R just looking at clips he didn't seem very Jason Morgany he seemed to have more pep in his step). 

And really the only reason I feel Monica hasn't is because she has no one else.
Dawn is dead, AJ is dead, Emily is dead, Allan is dead. and Jason died when his head hit that rock. 

She probably doesn't want to cut out Jason now because she'd have no one. Micheal would probably be like okay, bye and take Wiley, Sam takes all her cues from Jason even when they are split so there's no more Danny and Scout. (and t be fair I don't know how Monica + Jake get a lot, but considering how most people treat the Quartermaines for being soapily dysfunctional-grey as they SHOULD treat Sonny and Jason - Elizabeth and Monica/Jake probably don't have a great relationship).

this is why in my head (to be fair i am so tired of long last family too) - they REALLY should reveal that Monica's medical trips are to visit AJ's family from when he was pretending he was dead. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, driver18 said:

You know, I was thinking about the whole Peter/Maxie of it all the other day and this whole story and something struck me. GH could have actually had some real gold here.

I actually had some thoughts along slightly different lines with Paxie. If the actors had strong chemistry, it could have been an interesting toxic love story. I’d have to buy Maxie wanting to still be with him despite knowing he isn’t a good person and everyone in her life pointing it out. It would still be unhealthy but soaps have done those types of pairings forever and they still resonated well with fans. Think early Sonny/Brenda. 

• Love 1