Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

Was it the lighting or makeup that had KSt looking like she had bruises on her cheeks? Whatever it was, it was really bad!

If Wes Ramsey really attended Juliard, the school has seriously lowered its standards. He’s just embarrassing to watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Was it the lighting or makeup that had KSt looking like she had bruises on her cheeks? Whatever it was, it was really bad!

If Wes Ramsey really attended Juliard, the school has seriously lowered its standards. He’s just embarrassing to watch.

I think it was just unblended, poorly applied contour/bronzer. It isn’t the first time I’ve noticed it. It seems to happen most frequently to KSt and LW and has gotten worse since Covid so maybe having to wear masks in between taping is a factor as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Donna is there for the triangle with Wylie and James. Or a triangle with James with half-sister Avery.

Avery will probably be the bad girl in it since Ava is her mother, not sainted Carly.

• LOL 3
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Donna is there for the triangle with Wylie and James. Or a triangle with James with half-sister Avery.

Avery will probably be the bad girl in it since Ava is her mother, not sainted Carly.

She is related to Wylie. She is his aunt.

• Love 2
On 3/6/2021 at 2:48 PM, ffwbe said:

They’d be a fool not to go that route when Carly and Nina look so similar. 

And he’s had flashes of a blonde woman, from the back, so it really works. I actually thought for awhile Nina would get her revenge with Sonny. 

• Love 2

Franco still has his condo/studio? With them so short of cash? And he's feeling well enough to carry an unconscious Peter there?! Peter is huge! But I guess if Tracey can carry Alexis...

I will be shocked if Jason doesn't bust in and save Franco. Maybe they will also have Jason be the Maxie whisperer. 

I agree with those who said Maxie's makeup was not right. It looked like when drag queens don't effectively hide their 5 o'clock shadow! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I think it was just unblended, poorly applied contour/bronzer. It isn’t the first time I’ve noticed it. It seems to happen most frequently to KSt and LW and has gotten worse since Covid so maybe having to wear masks in between taping is a factor as well. 

They've been using weird contour for ages on KSt. I think it has to do with whatever they use to apply to her scars.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They've been using weird contour for ages on KSt. I think it has to do with whatever they use to apply to her scars.

It's really a shame. Going of instagram posts, and not just her personal account but her friends and family, KSt is remarkably cuter than how they style her for Maxie. Maxie's makeup us always caked on, overly pale, and looks like they are trying to cover up dirt or bruises. Her hair always looks like she has been using dry shampoo for a week. They put her in least flattering clothing for her body type. And don't get me started on the Miss Piggy eyelashes. KSt, on the other hand, looks younger, thinner, cuter, and cleaner. Maybe they should fire wardrobe and hair and makeup and just let KSt style Maxie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And don't get me started on the Miss Piggy eyelashes. KSt, on the other hand, looks younger, thinner, cuter, and cleaner.

That part at least is KSt's idea....she said she loves fake eyelashes.

Just what is Maxie’s problem? She wants it both ways. She’s blaming Anna and Britt for keeping Heinrik’s crimes from her/and not telling her, yet turns right around and admits she wouldn’t have believed them if they had!

And good lord, all that wailing! So she’d rather make a family with a murderer than try to just kick him to the curb and be a single mother? When did this show warp back 70 years? Oh, right. It started when Diane told SLS he needed to marry a virgin if he wanted full custody of Wiley. It’s insulting and offensive.

Maxie came off as some abused woman who thinks it’s better to stay with her abuser because he REALLY LOVES HER!!!!

Mac was awesome as always.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Not by blood. But you're right, there are too many Corinthos children on the show compared to other families.

Carly is Donna's mother and Wylie's grandmother, biologically. Avery is the one that is only legally Wylie's aunt (but I still think that Avery is really Morgan's daughter).  

KSt whole side of her face was blue. I don’t know how anyone onset or a camera person didn’t correct. I know she has had issues with her skin so it might be happening again. I just find it weird that extra pancake makeup wasn’t added to cover it up. That said, the show was very suspenseful today. I was surprised that they went with the Finn/Jackie reveal so quickly. They didn’t lie which is usually the norm. Of course, we still know the results or if they’ve been tampered with. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lala2 said:

Donna has got to be the most pointless baby ever conceived on a soap opera. She is so useless. Donna should not exist.

Does she really, though? I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard her mentioned. Maybe, having served her purpose of being a tribute namesake, she decided to go upstairs and get her skis and we’ll never have to see her again.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

That part at least is KSt's idea....she said she loves fake eyelashes.

Every female on this show wears fake eyelashes. But somehow Kirsten is the only one who gets bottle brushes attached to her lids.

The Gonzo/Finn/Jackie face off was deliciously soapy and I loved it so much, I watched it twice. I assume Gregory Harrison is only around for the short term, but I hope I’m wrong. He and Anna could be a good pairing. (And great payback for Finn.)

Jason: Well, I haven’t shot you.

Britt: Maybe it’s because you still need me.

Jason: Maybe. 

Get a room, you two! Seriously, I hope they’re going somewhere with this pair, because there’s too much chemistry to waste. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Every female on this show wears fake eyelashes. But somehow Kirsten is the only one who gets bottle brushes attached to her lids.

Are you sure they all wear fake eyelashes?

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Are you sure they all wear fake eyelashes?

Pretty sure. It seems to be standard on most TV shows I watch. I took another look at this episode, and all the women featured (Anna, Willow, Maxie, Britt, Jackie) appear to be wearing false eyelashes. But only Maxie’s look like they came from the Dollar Store.

• LOL 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Pretty sure. It seems to be standard on most TV shows I watch. I took another look at this episode, and all the women featured (Anna, Willow, Maxie, Britt, Jackie) appear to be wearing false eyelashes. But only Maxie’s look like they came from the Dollar Store.

I do think by incompetence or passive aggression they dress her terribly on the show. But I don't think it's all the show's fault for her overall look - KSt also dyed her hair slightly pink on her own. And most of her instagram pictures are very filtered/blurry and she seems like she wears those eyelashes off screen though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKIafyLFAMT/?hl=en

But I think it's both the show and her. For instance, couldn't they have done anything with her hair for the wedding? Were they too exhausted after hairspraying KM's hair they couldn't be bothered?

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Does she really, though? I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard her mentioned. Maybe, having served her purpose of being a tribute namesake, she decided to go upstairs and get her skis and we’ll never have to see her again.

They have mentioned Donna few times since Sonny "died" but because she is just a toddler the show has no need to show her as most young children aren't going to be shown due to Covid 19 restrictions. Wylie and Avery were different because they were needed to move the story along. Avery because she found, the cheap half heart necklace. Wylie so he could interact with Nina rather than it being done offscreen. Violet was at the wedding.

James and Georgie were not at Maxie and Peter's wedding. It has been a long time since we have seen Jake, Dahny, Scout, Aiden, Charlotte, Rocco and Leo (who is really the most unneccesary child that was created on this show).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:
12 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

She is related to Wylie. She is his aunt.

Not by blood. But you're right, there are too many Corinthos children on the show compared to other families.

Donna and Avery are both Wylie's aunts, so eewwwww.  

Violet’s a cute kid and I think they like the actress but she wasn’t necessary for the wedding. Or her existence really. She’s just there for fluff scenes. Finn had very little reaction to Hayden lying about her miscarriage, the girl never asks what happened to her mom and adjusted to these people overnight. It was very bizarre. Violet and Wiley are the kids of the moment but neither are really needed onscreen. They can move the plot without their onscreen presence. It’s also a little strange that they feature them so heavily but no kids like Rocco, who they couldn’t be bothered to have onscreen to react to his mom being in a coma, dad returning, etc. 

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, ulkis said:
15 hours ago, ffwbe said:

It's also that they light for the set not the actors, so if she's out of her light a bit, you get those weird gray shadows. 

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It started when Diane told SLS he needed to marry a virgin if he wanted full custody of Wiley.

There was no mention of virginity being necessary. Michael's wife just had to be of slightly better character than a recently unmasked liar. (I know you're exaggerating, @GHScorpiosRule, but I know you also appreciate accuracy.)

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Get a room, you two! Seriously, I hope they’re going somewhere with this pair, because there’s too much chemistry to waste. 

SBu wakes up when he's with KT. It's a nice change. I also like the gradual pivot they're doing with Britt. She's taking the knocks about her past, and she's also trying to put it behind her and be better. We'll see how long this lasts.

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

no kids like Rocco, who they couldn’t be bothered to have onscreen to react to his mom being in a coma, dad returning, etc. 

There's no way the current Rocco actor could have handled any of that. I'm fine with not knowing. Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There was no mention of virginity being necessary. Michael's wife just had to be of slightly better character than a recently unmasked liar. (I know you're exaggerating, @GHScorpiosRule, but I know you also appreciate accuracy.)

D’OH! You’re right. I should be accurate—okay, his wife needed to be pure as the driven snow, with no misdemeanors or skeletons in her past like Sasha did. You know, trying to scam Nina.🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Love 2

Am I supposed to care about Maxie and her anger w/Anna? I don't! Maxie is an idiot, and Anna was an idiot right along w/her until very recently. Her tears mean nothing to me. I just don't understand what she wanted from Anna, esp. since she still refuses to believe anything bad about Peter. I'm over her. She needs to get off my screen. 

Well, I'm taking a GH break. Again, I know many didn't like him here, but I loved Franco and Roger Howarth. He/They were my main reason for tuning in at times. We don't see nearly enough of Nava, so there is really nothing for me to watch on this show. I don't like Carly and Co. I don't care about the squad. I hate Michael. Brucas has been ruined (the storytelling and the recast) and is non-existent. Tolly is never shown. I don't care about Maxie. They put Lulu in a coma, and I was in the minority in liking ER. I don't care about Sonny or the Wiley saga.  I want to see the Finn/Jackie fallout but I'll catch that on YT. There is just nothing here for me anymore.

Anyway . . . . I'm really disappointed they killed off a character I really enjoyed. Plus, the fact that Peter aka LWB/PLP is still around disgusts me. His character is so pointless. 

• Love 8

I liked Franco, too, and really enjoyed him with Elizabeth and the boys. I'm not happy they killed him off. 

Maxie is absolutely ridiculous. Every. Single. Person on this show warned her about Peter and she was having none of it. She's still having none if it. Stupid storyline.

Currently, I'm enjoying Nava and Chillow, but they don't show enough Nik and Ava and we all know Michael, the most bland character on GH (which is saying a lot) is going to win Willow away from Chase. I think I'll like Chase regardless of whether or not he's with Willow, but I sure would like him to get this win. I'd like more Scorpio brothers if it didn't involve Peter, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Get your crap together, writers, because y'all are seriously backing the wrong horses. Unless... Is Max Bialystock the new producer of GH?  That could explain so much...

• Love 7

So I don't get the previews for the next day, so I don't know if they actually confirm that Franco is dead. 

It just struck me as odd that the paramedics strapped him to the gurney and put his head in that red thing if he was dead. Why not just put him in a body bag? 

Someone should shove Peter down an elevator shaft, give him a Drake Ramore death. I am honestly so very over this character. Please, let this end. 

More of the Scorpio brothers and less of this drivel with Heinrich. Thanks!

• Love 8

Damn, Heinrich is lucky. Shoots Franco in such close range and somehow manages to get not a drop of blood on him.

I'm pretty sure they said Franco was dead - and then I saw RH swallow just as Elizabeth was about to start talking to him, and saw his chest rise and fall. So I don't know if RH can't play dead, or if this just a ruse of some kind. Probably the former.

If I'd been given a choice, I'd much rather have seen Franco kill Heinrich.

• Love 10

Maybe RH is returning as another character. I suppose they could be faking Franco's death but why would they do that? Franco would be useful in taking Peter down now, not later.

9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It just struck me as odd that the paramedics strapped him to the gurney and put his head in that red thing if he was dead. Why not just put him in a body bag? 

Better aesthetic for when Liz was talking to him. Either that or FV didn't feel like spending the extra dollar.

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I suppose they could be faking Franco's death but why would they do that?

How would that work though?   That was a boatload of blood all over the floor.    Even if Franco put blanks in the gun with the expectation that Peter would try to kill him, and he was going to fake his death,  how does he explain that amount of blood.  Also, while I appreciate him telling Liz that he loves her and the boys, maybe also spit out that Peter is the one shot him.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I really don't get the point of this. Friz and the boys was one of the few enjoyable families on this show (I guess Laura and Kevin is the other but they don't have kids). If RoHo wanted to leave, have a botched surgery and Franco can join Lulu in that facility.

I liked what they made of Franco. After the cancellations of Frankie Drake and Kim's Convenience, this is not what I wanted in my day.

And Peter is now a lost cause. There is no way that they can redeem him after that.

There is very little left on the show that I care about.

17 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Carly is Donna's mother and Wylie's grandmother, biologically.

I forgot about that. The Corinthos family connections truly are labyrinthine.

• Love 6

"Searching for Franco Baldwin," complete with photo, on Spin's laptop? Hee. Thank you for spelling things out for me, Show. Spin and Jason talking about it was certainly not enough for me grasp what was happening.

Valentin's condescension toward Spinelli was wonderful. I also liked his concern for Alexis.

Jordan is one to talk about Peter walking around free when Robert knew he was OMG TEH EVUL. Cyrus is walking around because Jordan is a complete failure at her job.

Shut up, Maxie. Don't yell at Anna for telling you something you don't want to hear. And don't yell at her for keeping things from you that you don't want to hear. None of what Anna is telling Maxie should be news. Some of it is confirmed now, but everyone knew he wasn't squeaky clean from the get-go.

It took Jason long enough to call 911. If Franco is really dead, I'm impressed news didn't leak out before this.

WR does a good "Grr" face, I'll give him that. It's so soapy.

6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

how does he explain that amount of blood

Franco could have rigged a squib.

Ugh, Amnesiac!Sonny tomorrow. I didn't miss that story at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And Peter is now a lost cause. There is no way that they can redeem him after that.

Eh. He killed Franco and I have been wanting that since before there was a Henrich. Peter doesn't need to be redeemed for me. He could stay or he could go (the same way Franco did).

Hell if he no longer has to be nice to everyone, that actually would be more enjoyable. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I'm pretty sure they said Franco was dead - and then I saw RH swallow just as Elizabeth was about to start talking to him, and saw his chest rise and fall. So I don't know if RH can't play dead, or if this just a ruse of some kind. Probably the former.

I saw that too, especially the swallowing part, which confused the hell out of me when Jason said that Franco was dead. But shit happens when you're monologuing about your plans to the dangerous guy instead of hightailing it with the evidence to the nearest police station.

I wonder if Captain Dumbfuck stole the cellphone. 

• Love 1

I'm more annoyed at Maxie than Peter right now. Yelling at everyone why didn't they warn her then chastising them for being mean to Peter then everyone of course absolving her like she's a child instead of an adult with her third child on the way. Uuuuuuuuugh. Since they have no intention of getting rid of either character just pair Michael/Maxie.

I think Peter is going to be on for a few more months unless he has Sam's cat poo disease.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Well, if Franco is indeed actually dead, color me surprised and also extremely sad and upset.  I didn’t see that coming.    I had no idea Roger was leaving the show.  I liked Franco and the family he and Liz created with the boys.  I really enjoyed the whole bucket list conversation today between Scotty and Cameron, plus Scott calling Cam and co. his grandkids.  There are so many people I would rather see killed off other than Franco.  I am really hoping that was a fake out of some kind.  That family has been through enough.

• Love 11

Peter is like a cockroach that won't die. First Dante saves him, then he kills and gets away from Franco. Where is Liesl when we need her ? She will not be happy about Peter killing Franco. 

• Love 11

I am so happy if Franco is dead and gone! I have lost so many characters that I liked and that didn't get a 1/10th of the storylines or the fawning writing, finally other fans know what I am going through. Maybe now I can watch Liz scenes.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm more annoyed at Maxie than Peter right now. Yelling at everyone why didn't they warn her then chastising them for being mean to Peter then everyone of course absolving her like she's a child instead of an adult with her third child on the way. Uuuuuuuuugh. Since they have no intention of getting rid of either character just pair Michael/Maxie.

I think Peter is going to be on for a few more months unless he has Sam's cat poo disease.

The thing is that Maxie behaved like that only with Britt and Anna. She was normal with Maxie and Spinelli. She understands what Peter did and she told Sam that she must hate her because of what Peter did to Drew (poor dead Drew that no one cares about). 

I sort of get why she's angry with Anna, but I don't really understand her being offstandish with Britt. Britt tried to warn her a few times about Peter and was shutdown every time.

Maxie sounds like a nutcase.

Whoever mentioned Sonny in the preview for tomorrow, thanks for ruining my week.

• Love 4

Are any couples together right now? I guess Maxie and Peter sort of still are and Nik/Ava but is there anyone else? This is such a huge change from a couple years ago when just about every character was paired off and drama free. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I don't get the previews for the next day, so I don't know if they actually confirm that Franco is dead. 

I definitely noticed that too. Not trying to be cruel, but why secure a dead man's head and put him on stretcher? Where's the body bag? 

They could be faking his death for Peter's sake. He may just be really badly injured. I don't know, but the stretcher moment threw me off too. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Peter doesn't need to be redeemed for me.

He needs to be redeemed if they are going to keep him on the show. All out villains like Faison and Helena only work in short stints.  And it looks like the show can't quit Peter.

On the other hand, maybe TR's comments on WR are because Peter is also going out the door.

And now Sonny is back. Ugh.

• Love 5
(edited)
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Franco could have rigged a squib.

Would he have had time to?  I'm going to have a hard time believing if show wants to tell me that Franco set this all up before hand when we saw his whole day, which was, moving into the Metrocourt on his way to Shadybrook, watching the video, realizing Peter was behind it all, searching out Peter at the hotel, knocking him out, then dragging him to the studio.   

28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, did Heinrik get away?

Yes.  He shot Franco than headed to the hospital.  Jason found Franco, followed by Liz.  Jason called it in, Franco came to long enough to tell Liz that he loved her and boys than passed out.  She did CPR.  Medics and Jordan showed up. Jason said Franco was dead.  Liz said Jason did it.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 1

Now would be a great time for recast Lucky to return to town. His son's step-dad just died, sister in a coma, brother up to shenanigans, mom's trying to fight a mob war. Come on!!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Are any couples together right now? I guess Maxie and Peter sort of still are and Nik/Ava but is there anyone else? This is such a huge change from a couple years ago when just about every character was paired off and drama free. 

Laura and Kevin, Molly and TJ, Felicia and Mac offscreen. And the enduring love of Sonny and Carly but they don't know it yet.

Everyone else is either single or shaky.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is what I'm reading on Twitter true, he's dead, Franco's dead?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes. We won't know for sure until next Friday when they list the cast whether RH is off contract though.

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Not trying to be cruel, but why secure a dead man's head and put him on stretcher? Where's the body bag? 

I think in order to have that final moment with Liz.  Jordan told paramedics to give her one last moment with him and Liz had a conversation with him before he was taken away.  Would have been weird to do that while he was in a body bag.  

If he's not dead, and he set this up, Liz better be in on it, because to have him have Liz and the kids think he's dead and grieve him would piss me off.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1