Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

What was that? Almost a year of Sonny amnesia just for him to walk into the bedroom and not see anything? What a let down.

Jason outs the marriage instantly. Sonny goes those are your wedding clothes is his reaction. Lol 

Maxie is just a moron. She runs right to the baby after hearing Peter is back. Peter will get that baby and it will be all Maxie's own fault. She needs to stay away now more than ever.

Maxie living in the house is a bad idea. 

Shocker OTT campy Peter jumps to run away. 

• Love 7

I wil be contrary and say that I am thrilled that there really wasn't any drama between S/C/J. Someone kidded about the show being the first trouple on daytime but they really sort of have been for the past two decades. Usually the show is plot driven, but in a way, it really is in character for those three to go back to the way they were before.

I for one don't believe that Jason and Carly got to the point of falling in love with each other. There had been no real buildup to that except for the past few weeks but that was only 1 day in GH time.

Before Sonny died, the three of them were all good with each. Jason and Carly mourned Sonny. Once Sonny finally got his memories back, his first destination was to see Carly.

I think this Nixon Falls story was originally created so MB could have a lighter work schedule than he has had in previous years. It just kept going on and on. Since he didn't actually leave the show, they needed to still connect him with someone for PC, so they inserted Nina. The problem was that the story was dull as dirt and lasted another 6 dull months with near misses as people kept showing up at the bar while Nina gave them crazy eyes as she tried to get them out of town.

Do I believe that the show will go for a triangle with them? No, not really. And if they did, within a year,  it will be long forgotten as they will be back at the status quo.

Finally, yes Sonny, you are completely right. There is no loss there with Franco being dead. That was about one of my favorite things that had happened on GH this year.

A bit late to the party, but I'm really liking Britt and am glad she's back.  Which was surprising to me, because during her original run she was just sort of mediocre.  But now, I think KT's really improved and has a lot more charm to her.   

Glad she's at least friendly with Liz now, too.  

• Love 14

Even though I like Peter and would like to see him stick around, they would have hit a homerun with the viewing audience, if as soon as Valentine showed up on the scene, he would of put a bullet in Peter's brain pan.......end of story!!!

Michael and Willow.......zzzzzzzz

In contrast to the slow pacing of the Nixon Falls storyline, they couldn't blow up Carly and Jason's marriage fast enough!  Good riddance is what I say, because they should not have had them kiss in the first place, let alone have them sleep with each other.

• Love 5

For the first 5-10 minutes of the Sonny/Carly/Jason scenes I thought it was a dream sequence. It was so uneventful and dry. When they showed them in their room yesterday and Sonny at the house I thought Jason & Carly were at a hotel and it was a red herring. Now, today he literally walks through the door and they stand around (After, Carly woke up) talking like it was a normal day. The Nixon Falls storyline went on way too long so I thought after the Sonny & Nina confrontation we were going to get this major reveal. It was a dud. I don’t get it. Where was the high drama and back from the dead reveal. How can writers mess that up? We’re they even trying? Did they go brain dead working on the Nixon Falls storyline for a year? I simply don’t get it. What happened? Seriously. Could someone explain it to me?!?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

For the first 5-10 minutes of the Sonny/Carly/Jason scenes I thought it was a dream sequence. It was so uneventful and dry. When they showed them in their room yesterday and Sonny at the house I thought Jason & Carly were at a hotel and it was a red herring. Now, today he literally walks through the door and they stand around (After, Carly woke up) talking like it was a normal day. The Nixon Falls storyline went on way too long so I thought after the Sonny & Nina confrontation we were going to get this major reveal. It was a dud. I don’t get it. Where was the high drama and back from the dead reveal. How can writers mess that up? We’re they even trying? Did they go brain dead working on the Nixon Falls storyline for a year? I simply don’t get it. What happened? Seriously. Could someone explain it to me?!?

I got nothing.I legit thought it was a dream as well. and it wasn't. 
I am not even gonna bother expecting drama tomorrow either. 

• Love 2

Lol what an absolutely pointless storyline. I personally was hoping Sonny would walk in on them mid-bone but not even mid kiss? And on a Tuesday? And now Jason gets to make sad faces and go be with whatever second choice woman (Britt?) who will act grateful to have him I guess. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

One of the bloggers or whatever on Twitter said that it seems like there was a mandate from the network or from Frank to end the NF storyline and wrap up everything immediately, which is why the reveal was the way it is. I say bullshit. Even if this was the case, any one of us could have written a soapier conclusion. Even at the end, I felt like it was still a fakeout somehow and then I realized that the writers are really just that bad. I came back to watching this show fulltime because it seemed like it was clicking and stuff was happening. Interesting stuff. Now it's just absolute colossal dreck. I know no one besides me wants it to be canceled, but it's like they're trying to make it happen. Who is going to stick around to watch whatever possible November sweeps "fallout" they have from a lousy Jarly affair and them sneaking around (speculation)? 

What about the rest of the town who's been declaring that Jason and Carly have loved each other all along and they're finally with each other and it's right? Are they going to lie to Sonny about the fact that it was not a MOC? There's just so much stupidity and terrible writing to go around. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

What was that? Almost a year of Sonny amnesia just for him to walk into the bedroom and not see anything? What a let down.

It's like the show is allergic to depicting consequences or having the lead characters lives change in any meaningful way. I'm genuinely at a loss to understand what's going on behind the scenes that the mandate is for this be a soap without any drama. Imagine if, back in the day, Sonny had found the wire on Brenda and five minutes later been like: *shrug* That's okay, I love you, let's get married.

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Shocker OTT campy Peter jumps to run away. 

I would have willingly sat through 35 minutes of Michael and Willow if my reward at the end of it could have been seeing Anna shoot Peter in the head and then shoot him there again just to underline the fact that he's really dead this time. I cannot believe that Anna and Valentine both took their eyes off him long enough to let him get away. Friggin amateur hour.

• Love 7

Sonny’s return was anticlimactic but LW was really sleepwalking through those scenes and giving absolutely nothing in them. The Sonny and Jason reunion was 10x more emotional than the Sonny and Carly one. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

One of the bloggers or whatever on Twitter said that it seems like there was a mandate from the network or from Frank to end the NF storyline and wrap up everything immediately, which is why the reveal was the way it is. I say bullshit. Even if this was the case, any one of us could have written a soapier conclusion. Even at the end, I felt like it was still a fakeout somehow and then I realized that the writers are really just that bad. I came back to watching this show fulltime because it seemed like it was clicking and stuff was happening. Interesting stuff. Now it's just absolute colossal dreck. I know no one besides me wants it to be canceled, but it's like they're trying to make it happen. Who is going to stick around to watch whatever possible November sweeps "fallout" they have from a lousy Jarly affair and them sneaking around (speculation)? 

What about the rest of the town who's been declaring that Jason and Carly have loved each other all along and they're finally with each other and it's right? Are they going to lie to Sonny about the fact that it was not a MOC? There's just so much stupidity and terrible writing to go around. 

I tend to agree with said blogger. I know everyone except Bernard hated Nixon Falls but even Nina and the fire went on for a few days. Sonny walked in to the bedroom which I thought was a fake out and Jason & Carly are just standing there in their Sunday best and all 3 of them just start talking like nothing has happened. Even the wedding discovery was so low key. Sonny is like you look all nice in your dress. WTF? I can understand wrapping up this shit show but the writing & direction of this reveal which was a long year in the making and it was an epic fail. I simply can’t comprehend this abrupt crappy reveal. 

• Love 12

What’s as confounding as the anti-climax to both the Nixon Falls and the Jason/Carly TLF stories is the fact that there was a chance to reboot the Sonny character, and they chose not to.

Forget that it doesn’t make logical sense for a character to fully remember the details of his life and personality over the last year and yet not retain any of that personality. Wouldn’t such a dedicated ahc-tor as MB want a new challenge, a chance to play out some different facets to his character, instead of reverting to the same snarling misogynist mobbaby he’s playing since time began? I just don’t get how this makes dramatic sense for anyone.

Oh, and as for the whole Leo situation: I don’t care if Ned ever formally adopted him or not. He’s been raising Leo as his own since the kid was an infant. He’s his de facto father and therefore gets a say. So shut up, Olivia, and stop being selectively territorial.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, racked said:

And now Jason gets to make sad faces and go be with whatever second choice woman (Britt?) who will act grateful to have him I guess. 

I hope she tells him where to go. To hell or somewhere as equally bad like Sonny's house.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

So, judging from the complete lack of drama in the Sonny reveal to Carly and Jason, are we to assume that we'll also get no payoff drama when it comes to pathetic dishrag Nina? I want people so pissed at her that they can't form the words quickly enough, as they tear into her. I mean, besides Carly, who doesn't actually need a reason to treat people like that. 

I think Nina is about to be steamrolled by a parade of "How could you???"s Carly will probably rip her to shreds on a weekly basis. Michael will ban her from seeing Wiley. Sonny will shout stutter at her for hours on end. Maxie and Britt will temporarily shun her. Willow will throw in a sanctimonious speech. They have content through at least Christmas.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

I think Nina is about to be steamrolled by a parade of "How could you???"s Carly will probably rip her to shreds on a weekly basis. Michael will ban her from seeing Wiley. Sonny will shout stutter at her for hours on end. Maxie and Britt will temporarily shun her. Willow will throw in a sanctimonious speech. They have content through at least Christmas.

I mean, I'm not going to argue that Nina wasn't wrong.  But, I kind of feel the way I feel about Chase and Willow.  She did nothing more wrong than anyone else involved ever does.  They should just get over it and all try to be better people. Ha, ha, that's not going to happen.

Did Carly even hire a private investigator, or anything, to find out what may have happened to Sonny's body?  I'm not saying she didn't.  It's been so long I honestly don't remember.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Daisy said:

Jason saying there is no rush they have the rest of their lives. now we have a recap of the conversation they had. Carly is in love with Jason. Jason loves Carly. now they kiss. why why?  Carly starts to undress Jason and...

OH MY GOD. SONNY WALKS IN. WE DON'T HAVE THEM HAVING SEX. OH MY GOD THANK YOU. THANK YOU. BLESS YOU, BLESS YOUR COW. 

Carly fainted. Jason had the best surprise! pikachu face ever. 

Michael was the one proclaiming "Mom and Jason are in love" at that wedding. It's interesting to me that not once has Jason said "I'm in love with you/I'm in love with Carly."

Jason has told Carly in the past "ILY too" when Carly said "I love you." Now she tells him she's in love with him and she starts to undress him as he tells her no rush.  What I get from this is all the emotion and desire is coming from her. Their first kiss (LW as Carly) was earlier that day, after Carly told him she was falling in love with him.

I've seen SBu play Jason with genuine emotional investment, when Jason was with Robin and also when he wanted to be with Elizabeth when Jake was an infant. 

I love your description of Jason's reaction! His face at the reveal was the best part of those scenes.

19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I also liked Liz and Britt getting along.

Yes the actresses did a good job there, but the glaring omission to me at that point was nobody has addressed Jake being told/reacting to his father's wedding or the fact that he wasn't at his father's wedding? Cam is sending selfies of himself and Joss, daughter of the bride, at the wedding, but there's not even an acknowledgement that his brother, the son of the groom, missed it all. 

I thought Jason's second asshole moment (first was they ditched their guests until Michael and Joss found them and stopped a kiss) was his line to Carly about being "surrounded by family and friends" when his two sons were not there.  He clearly has not thought of them or missed them. They have not been on-screen with their parents since J&C decided to get married. It can't be a COVID safety protocols issue because both boys have had scenes with SBu/Jason during the pandemic  and the Danny actor and SBu embraced/touched on-screen. Actor HW is a teenager, old enough to be vaccinated, too.

18 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Was I the only one that noticed Maxie looking kind of upset/jealous when she watched BLQ and Chase with Bailey?

Nope!  She's jealous and angry watching BL treat baby BaileyLou as a daughter and making the decisions about who gets to hold the baby, spend time with her, etc. 

Honestly, I was genuinely amused by the Sonny reveal scenes.  There is Carly, in the role of Jason's wife as she always wanted, thrilled to hear "ILY", and excited/nervous to sleep with Jason again after 20 + years. Her starting to undress him shows she did not want to wait/did want to rush. Then, BOOM!  Sonny's back and she is most definitely NOT going to be having sex with Jason on her wedding night. Somewhere KMc/Robin must have burst into hysterical laughter. I think I can hear @GHScorpiosRule laughing.

Jason's "pikachu" face was great. The emotion and joy in his face at Sonny being alive versus scenes with Carly that day and previous days .... no comparison. Sonny really is the great love of Jason's life, aside from Michael. How sad and pathetic.

Whereas LW played it like Carly was stunned and happy to see her ex-husband is alive but she's embraced being in love with Jason now.  In other words, Carly has mixed emotions. Jason, not so much.

Does Sonny honestly believe that Carly marrying Jason was just about the business, when he found them in his/Carly's bedroom on their wedding night? When he knows quite well that Carly slept with him the first time because she was consumed with jealousy at seeing Jason with Elizabeth?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Then, BOOM!  Sonny's back and she is most definitely NOT going to be having sex with Jason on her wedding night. Somewhere KMc/Robin must have burst into hysterical laughter.

I think that would true of any of Jason's exes who always came second to Carly (not necessarily true for Robin since they were together before Jason was completely lobotomized). Elizabeth, Sam, Britt more recently, they should definitely get together and toast to this turn of events.

Carly tends to come second to Sonny. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

There is Carly, in the role of Jason's wife as she always wanted, thrilled to hear "ILY", and excited/nervous to sleep with Jason again after 20 + years. Her starting to undress him shows she did not want to wait/did want to rush. Then, BOOM!  Sonny's back and she is most definitely NOT going to be having sex with Jason on her wedding night. Somewhere KMc/Robin must have burst into hysterical laughter. I think I can hear @GHScorpiosRule laughing.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

If someone finally realized that Nixon Fails actually was a fail, good for them.  But there is a difference between ending a storyline and having no consequences come from it. Unlike police or medical shows, soap operas are all about the consequences of decisions people make. By all means, bring Sonny back to Port Charles but let there be consequences to how it affected all the characters while he was away. And I don't mean Sonny and everyone yelling in at Nina which is probably what we're going to get.

Maybe if there had been some consequences to Michael/Willow/Chase we wouldn't still be disgruntledly discussing them.

14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

glaring omission to me at that point was nobody has addressed Jake being told/reacting to his father's wedding or the fact that he wasn't at his father's wedding? Cam is sending selfies of himself and Joss, daughter of the bride, at the wedding, but there's not even an acknowledgement that his brother, the son of the groom, missed it all. 

I thought Jason's second asshole moment (first was they ditched their guests until Michael and Joss found them and stopped a kiss) was his line to Carly about being "surrounded by family and friends" when his two sons were not there.  He clearly has not thought of them or missed them. They have not been on-screen with their parents since J&C decided to get married. It can't be a COVID safety protocols issue because both boys have had scenes with SBu/Jason during the pandemic  and the Danny actor and SBu embraced/touched on-screen. Actor HW is a teenager, old enough to be vaccinated, too.

What makes this even worse is that the last time Cameron and Jake had a story, Jake was furious at Cameron because he accused Jason of killing Franco. Now Cameron is happily taking selfies at Jason's wedding and Jake has yet to be seen reacting to any of it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Did Carly even hire a private investigator, or anything, to find out what may have happened to Sonny's body?  I'm not saying she didn't.  It's been so long I honestly don't remember.

The PC folks did a lot more than Sonny ever did.

• Love 4

Today's Journey

Casa Borinthos
Sonny is like yay! You got married. but it's cool I'm back. Carly is like you didn't stay away on purpose it's no one's fault (heh). Carly is all touching him and Sonny is like here. Carly is like "what the hell are you wearing?" Me: clothes, duh.

Sonny says that he was "happy" but something was "missing" (liar) but he's close to being 100 percent. he was missing Carly and kids. Carly: Weepy face. Now we're getting recaps about how sonny survived. Carly is like you could have frozen to death (Me: why didn't he?). Sonny said i survived because of this moment. 

Carly runs to get her rings (so she... took off Jasons too?) Sonny puts her rings back on. So... Carly who flat out told Jason on Monday she is IN LOVE WITH HIM is all okay about putting Sonny's rings on. Carly gives a look at Jason's ring and then leaves with Sonny (WHAT THE EVER LASTING HELL SHOW). 

Jason walks downstairs, looks at his hands and pulls off his ring. Me: So Jason isn't even going to fight for Carly? SHOCKED. I AM SHOCKED.

Dante is like let's talk about the bomb. (Why do they send dante?).  Jason has no time for this and is like i have something to tell you.  Dante sees Sonny and gives him a hug. 

Dante says he's proud of Sonny and that he's his father. (Sorry everytime they talk i just see Sonny blowing Dante's chest open with a gun). but a lot of, I love you, Sonny ass smoke blowing. they love each other. Dante is weepy. everyone is weepy. I am just drinking my apple juice, and wondering when something good is happening. 

Michael sees Sonny and cries out dad? runs into his arms and starts crying. (Me: starts seeing red, because I keep thinking about AJ. and how Sonny is getting everything). 

Kristina comes in starts crying and hugs sonny. 
I know this should be all heart warming and emotional. I guess I'm a cold dead fish inside. 

Nixon Fails

Nina wants to know if Peter was found. Nina is whinging about her decisions. Phyllis walks in and goes "nina hello the tan-o is gone". Jax splits to see if he can find news on peter. NIna goes "I didn't want to hurt anyone." Phyllis goes "what would Sonny's wife think?" (phyllis. shut up. you didn't help mike do anything to help find his past). 

Nina was like I was gonna tell Carly the first day. Phylis was like what about the other days? Nina goes all about how she fell in love with mike.  She also goes how she is afraid of being abandoned by people she loves and how she used Phyllis and Lenny. Nina is like i took so much from you and I don't know how to make it right! Phyllis: You can't. 

Nina says i can't explain it. I was wrong. I can't fix it. What do I do. 
Phyllis: we just move forward. 
Nina: How?
Phyllis; own your crap. and accept the consequences (because you aren't CarSaSon and you have to face them, instead of wiping it under the rug). 

Phyllis still has no time for Nina and she leaves Nina. Nina says she has to face it and move forward. Jax is supportive. (Jax is awesomeness). 

Quatermaines
BLQ is praising Chase . Millowtonin shows up, and BLQ is like maybe you shouldn't move back in. Chase is like stop explaining why you are in your house. Willow is like we'll leave you alone. Chase is like "stop. no more egg shells. y'all meant a lot to me, you both do." (Y'all know my views on that but still. what a stupid waste of storyline). 

Chase says I wish the best for both of you. Millowtonin is like thank you. Then Michael has the gall to open his mouth and goes "I noticed you used the past tense, that we meant something to you." Chase is like I can move on but we're not going back to how things were

BLQ is like but maybe in a few years we can laugh about this. Very Three's  Company.  Michael gets a text from Carly, and kisses Willow in front of Chase and then looks at  Chase. Chase gives bitch face. 

Willow and Chase talk. i honestly can't  with it. just i loved you once, don't regret it. blah blah. 

BLQ says y'all get halos because actual drama would happen if something like this happened to Lois's side of the family. (or you know most soapy couples)  Chase asks BLQ for boozey drinks, and she accepts. 

Pool
Is closing down. talking about the wedding. blegh. Cam invited Spencer but didn't say not bring Esme. Joss starts freaking out and becomes a total cow about what a barnacle Esme is and then starts going off about Spencer and how you start feeling sorry for him but he does something crappy so you don't want to. (Cow. shut your mouth).  Spencer overheard it all. 

Spencer apologizes for being an ass. He says this isn't about Joss and her actions, but because she's awesome. Trina is like yes maybe (smile). Spencer is like there's a chance? (smile). Esme shows up All the smiles are gone.

Esme is like "your mom married the enforcer right?" Joss "he's not an enforcer anymore." Esme "Yah he's the BIG gun now." Joss legit threatens Esme with her mobby connections. Cam's like "no one disappeared because you didn't like them." All I am thinking is this was Mykill when he was a kid threatening people he didn't like that Sonny would take him out. Cam + Trina: notice how your girlfriend easily used her mob connections as a threat. Leave. now.

They get food. Esme and Trina give bitch faces and Esme goes we can talk. Trina said we worked everything out. Esme is like ahuh and she gets a call. She mentions about being a team, and Trina is having a flashback about all the Esme slipups.  "Hell yes you and Spence are a team." Trina figured it out!

Bar
Hey Kristina!! Ava gives her the keys. Kristina is like is this okay? Ava is like yah I have to bounce. Ava is like how is it? Kristina said she was invited, but said no because 1/2 Sam Loyalty but makes the death of sonny real.

Ava is being gracious to sonny and carly in re: to Avery.  Kristina gives Ava a package and it's the divorce papers. Ava is sad that they were real. She admits she doesn't want to divorce Nikolas, but she is terrified about hurting Avery.

Kristina gets her text. She's outie. 

Ava says the divorce papers can keep until morning.

Show Ends with

everyone going to get champagne. Sonny and Jason have a moment. "I can never be you" Says Jason. Sonny hugs him. Jason and Carly share a look.  everyone takes a champagne glass. Jason leaves. They tease Sonny about the flannel. 

So to sum up. 
Esme's mouth trapped her, Trina got a clue, Joss has no problem using the mob to threaten people, Ava is sad, Phylis is like "own yo shizz" so Nina is gonna, and a lot of Borinthos smoke blowing.. 

• Love 13

Watching Jason stand there like a chomp, watching Sonny reunite with his family was pathetic. Jason forfeited his sons, relationships with women who loved him to be at Sonny and Carly's beck and call. I know that whole thing was supposed to come off as bittersweet, but look at Jason, heading home ALONE with his tail between his legs.

Don't care about Nina or her come to Jesus moment. I hope this whole thing with Willow, Chase and Michael is over and done with. Michael has some gall asking Chase about his use of past tense. Did you think you wouldn't lose your only friend over this? 

I liked the scene between Ava and Kristina. I didn't even think that Kristina was still working at Charlie's. Her reaction at seeing Sonny felt very genuine.

And my girl Trina for the win. She should become a detective at the PCPD. She'd probably solve more cases than all those guys. She should compare notes with Nikolas.

• Love 17

Seriously. Why did they bother with the "Jason and Carly love each other for real" angle if they were just going to drop it the second Sonny came back. I don't even want this triangle, but if you're going to implode Jason and Britt to setup this storyline, at least commit to it!

• Love 14

I'm confused why there are floating, glowing balloons in the pool the color of Josslyn's dress. Was part of the reception supposed to be around the pool?  And now Joss is channeling her mommy, threatening Esme with mobbies?

Sonny tells Carly he knows now that he got up and lived for her and the kids.  Omitting the fact that he had been declaring his love for Nina and making out with her on various occasions. And Carly, telling him it was torture taking off her wedding rings, as she removes Jason's engagement ring and goes to get Sonny's.  There aren't enough gag and eyeroll emojis for this revisionist bullshit. But I love that Jason took his wedding band off and smiled slightly, not shedding a tear, before he even answered the door to let Dante in. On the other hand, hate Dante saying "I'm glad your my dad",etc etc.  Dante, dear, you are not on "different sides." Your father is a criminal who has people killed!

Of course Kristina is back just as her dad comes back. Her hair, makeup and clothipng look lovely for the first day of autumn. She really sold the shock, and joy the best (Burton second).  The sobbing about how she's missed him is the best acting I've seen from LA since probably the Kiefer abuse and death storyline.  If this is supposed to br Sonny reuniting with all his kids, why didn't someone get Avery?!  The Show has made such a fuss about Avery living with Carly again to protect Avery from the stalker. 

I like Chase firmly telling Michael and Willow they are not going back to the way things were, and Michael's why not/offended look in return.  Shut up, Willow. Hey BLQ, while you're out on a maybe date with Chase, you better tell him you knew that Michael and Willow were in wuv.

I just can't with Nina now being frantic with worry and fear for Maxie and the kids, now that "Mike" has gone back to Port Charles. She finally says something nice to Jax. 

Yay Trina! 

I can't help but laugh that the "wedding night" ends with Jason going back to his house, and Michael and Joss who hours ago were sooo enthusiastic about "Jason and Mom's love" don't seem to even notice that Jason left. i think the way Carly looked at Jason right before he left was supposed to be "I'm so in love with you/I'm so sorry"?

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(phyllis. shut up. you didn't help mike do anything to help find his past). 

What I object to most about Phyllis was her pushing Mike and Nina together. He was an amnesiac who didn't want to know about his past. That's not exactly a healthy foundation to start a relationship on.

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Then Michael has the gall to open his mouth and goes "I noticed you used the past tense, that we meant something to you." Chase is like I can move on but we're not going back to how things were

Ugh, Michael is the worst. What did he expect, they'd all be besties? What an asshole. 

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I know that whole thing was supposed to come off as bittersweet, but look at Jason, heading home ALONE with his tail between his legs.

Eh, his choice, always. I don't feel sorry for Jason ever.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I know this should be all heart warming and emotional. I guess I'm a cold dead fish inside. 

It would be heartwarming and emotional if it were a decent family. But all of them are either disgusting and horrible people or (Dante) loves his disgusting, horrible dad. So no, you aren't a cold dead fish. It's just that THIS FAMILY SUCKS TEN MILLION TIMES OVER.

I didn't watch live and I'll see if today was worth it for me to watch later by your reactions. I doubt it, heh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

It cracks me up how Sonny is acting as if being away was such a hardship for him. Mike didn't want to know! He had a place to live, food, and friends. He was hardly eking out a living as a beggar. The hardest thing for him was having to wear plaid flannel shirts and jeans.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

It would be heartwarming and emotional if it were a decent family. But all of them are either disgusting and horrible people or (Dante) loves his disgusting, horrible dad. So no, you aren't a cold dead fish. It's just that THIS FAMILY SUCKS TEN MILLION TIMES OVER.

I didn't watch live and I'll see if today was worth it for me to watch later by your reactions. I doubt it, heh.

honestly, it wasn't worth it. only like the small trina finding out that indeed Spencer and Esme were the stalkers. and considering how everything else played out Nikolas and Ava are gonna be told and they'll go "oh it's okay." (Hug it out!)

8 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I wonder if Phyllis has any regrets.

well she should. she wasn't really innocent here either

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Mike didn't want to know!

that's what is ticking me off (and cracking me up too). like did he "Forget" being Mike? i mean you're not gonna tell everyone that he didn't wanna know them in that moment but at the same time, spewing "oh i felt empty all the time." no. that was the Tan-O dumbo. 

26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...my girl BEST be telling Jason to fuck off tomorrow.

Monday: "I love you Carly."
Thursday: "Heya Britt."

go kick a massive rock

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If this is supposed to br Sonny reuniting with all his kids, why didn't someone get Avery?!  The Show has made such a fuss about Avery living with Carly again to protect Avery from the stalker. 

I'm guessing that someone (maybe their parents) wanted to keep the twins (Ava and Grace, who play Avery) away to minimize risk.

25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...my girl BEST be telling Jason to fuck off tomorrow.

Oh #*@%. I don't have high hopes for that. I want that to happen so bad but you know since it's Jason's holy ass she'll happily accept leftovers. Gross. Be strong, Britt!

I know Phyllis has her part to play in what happened, but I can't help feeling sorry for her. She lost literally everything. Her husband died, her friend Nina sold her out, her friend Mike doesn't exist anymore, and her beloved place of business that no one frequented literally went up in flames. That's pretty harsh.

• Love 6

My impression of this episode was that it was a vanity project for MB/Sonny. How great he was, how no one could compare to him, that the sun didn't rise while he was gone. I greatly disliked how he told Carly that he always felt something was missing when just earlier in the same day (on the show) he declared vehemently how he didn't want to know about his past. Also, I don't know what all the big deal has been about him playing two such totally different characters. Sonny/Mike were exactly the same except that Mike wears flannel and Sonny dyes his hair. They are both arrogant,  overbearing bullies. In PC, Sonny runs the mob, but given more time in NF, Mike would have had the whole town jumping to obey his commands.  

• Love 15

Gosh, LW is so naturally pretty. I like when that giant mane of hair is under control. She does have gorgeous hair and so much of it.

Whoa, Kristina's  reaction to seeing her dad was fantastic. I shed a tear or two on that one.

• Love 10

Trina is figuring it out! Finally! Let's finally have some forward movement

Is the Sonny praise never going to end? We've had nine months of it's awful he died, mourning him, missing him, and now how wonderful it is that he's alive. Now they've added praising Carly and Jason.  I'm way past fed up with it.

Sonny's normal wardrobe wasn't such great shakes that everyone has to complain about the flannel shirt. Listen show, he was perfectly happy as Mike, no reason to act like he was slumming under a bridge.

Michael is a pig. There was absolutely no reason to kiss Willow like that in front of Chase other than to rub it in that he's got her now and Chase has lost out.

Nina seems to be realizing that Jax is the better man but it's far, far too late.

52 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(Why do they send dante?).

With Chase still sick, Mac protecting Maxie's kids and Jordan shipped off, he's the only detective left on the PCPD.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Michael is a pig. There was absolutely no reason to kiss Willow like that in front of Chase other than to rub it in that he's got her now and Chase has lost out.

Yes he is. And that kiss was beyond awkward.

Also, Michael standing there in his tux and greasy hair across from Chase who was in a t-shirt still did Michael no favors.

Take a shower, Michael! Or get a hair cut.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, seasons said:

Gosh, LW is so naturally pretty. I like when that giant mane of hair is under control. She does have gorgeous hair and so much of it.

Whoa, Kristina's  reaction to seeing her dad was fantastic. I shed a tear or two on that one.

I agree, I did get a little teary eyed with Kristina. The rest of the time I was rolling my eyes. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is the Sonny praise never going to end? We've had nine months of it's awful he died, mourning him, missing him, and now how wonderful it is that he's alive. Now they've added praising Carly and Jason.  I'm way past fed up with it.

I can't wait for the entire town to do a 180 and proclaim how "selfless" it was for Carly and Jason to wed "for strictly appearance purposes."  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Positives:

- Kristina. The only one not propping Jarly and her scene with Sonny was perfect.

- Trina being a better detective then thr PCPD. Also, Nicholas has done a great job in conveying how enamored Spencer is with Trina.

- Chase telling Millowtonin that things wont be the same and asking BLQ out. While i wish he was angry with the "watching paint dry" couple, i am glad that he seems over Willow.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

i will say. it wouldn't have bugged me (as much) had he kissed her, and just left. but it was like "Kiss." Look up, and look at Chase. It felt douche canoey to me. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it wouldn't have bugged me (as much) had he kissed her, and just left. but it was like "Kiss." Look up, and look at Chase. It felt douche canoey to me. 

Maybe that's Michael's 'payback' for Chase saying they can't go back to the way things were.  He's pissed that someone didn't immediately just yell BYGONES and be like "you're the best, Mikey!"

(BTW, I haven't even watched yet, I'm just going by what was said here, lol)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Chase says I wish the best for both of you. Millowtonin is like thank you. Then Michael has the gall to open his mouth and goes "I noticed you used the past tense, that we meant something to you." Chase is like I can move on but we're not going back to how things were

Geez, Michael.  Get over it. Do you expect to be friends with the guy you cuckolded?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Geez, Michael.  Get over it. Do you expect to be friends with the guy you cuckolded?

lol yes. he looked very affronted that Chase was like "yeah no, we're not gonna be close again." like. "wait that's allowed?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, seasons said:

Me too.  I hate Sonny with the heat of a thousand suns, but I teared up here.  Lexi needs to give a class  on how to cry because girl is fantastic at it.  

The good:

Trina is freakin' fantastic.  Just with Esme making a comment about being a team with Spencer and she's figured the whole thing out.  Step aside Jordan, Dante, Chase, Mac and whoever is pretending to be a PI this week.  Trina freakin' Robinson is the smartest person in town.  

I might have squeed a little when chase asked BLQ out for a beverage of her choice!

The bad:

Sonny claiming that Carly and the kids were in his mind the whole time.  Yep, when he was yelling at Jax that he had no interest in his past, I'm sure deep deep down he was thinking about his wife and kids.

Phyllis putting all the blame on Nina's shoulders when she made no effort to help Sonny find out the truth about his past and pushed the two together like ti was her job.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Watching Jason stand there like a chomp, watching Sonny reunite with his family was pathetic. Jason forfeited his sons, relationships with women who loved him to be at Sonny and Carly's beck and call. I know that whole thing was supposed to come off as bittersweet, but look at Jason, heading home ALONE with his tail between his legs.

There's a story in that, how Jason comes to Sonny as a blank slate and forfeits his life and the people he loves and who love him to be Sonny's handmaid (or the male equivalent) and ends up with nothing but a shadow life. But the show would never do that, it would imply that Sonny is not great and SBu would need to act.

48 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

My impression of this episode was that it was a vanity project for MB/Sonny.

The whole Nixon Falls/Port Charles storyline was a vanity project for MB. He seems like Sonny come to life.

36 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

- Kristina. The only one not propping Jarly and her scene with Sonny was perfect.

They need to spend more time at Charlie's with Kristina running it. Makes more sense than trying to write in The Savoy.

• Love 8