Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

the show needs a new EP who actually cares about the show/soaps in general, and new writers. and then one who isn't cowed by Mob in the Afternoon. 

Honestly, i think most people are mad about all 4 soaps that are currently on right now, mostly because they aren't being written well. Like. did all the good soap writers die? retire? does no one know how to write a soap opera anymore?

Yes to all of this. I mean this show was like must see tv for me back in the day. Now it’s just like meh, I’ll keep watching but more because it’s just something I’m so used to doing.  GH tackled so many heavy subjects, a lot of the soaps did (I also watched AMC and OLTL but not as regularly).

I’ve said it before but I think most of the actors on this show are pretty good.  They just get shit to work with.   They don’t need a huge budget to just hire decent writers.  Is there just so much competition with different media now that no one cares about regular network TV anymore?  I don’t get it.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 10

This show is most definitely allergic to drama! I'm done. 

I know many of you didn't want to see it, but I was hoping Sonny would walk in on them in the middle of sex or after sex or something. Heck, he could have caught the bouquet Carly threw for all I care. I wanted something dramatic to come from the NINE months spent on this story, but it was only mildly less lame than the Chase/Millow reveal. 

I'm sorry but Chase should be angry w/Millow. . . . . at least for a few months! It makes no sense to have him groveling so soon. Millow reamed him out for lying to them. They acted like they would never lie to anyone and were so much better than him, but they were worse. Chase's lie didn't even hurt them. Michael got what he always wanted: Wiley and Willow, and Willow never seemed to be suffering being attached to Michael - a man she CHOSE to marry. No one had a gun to her head. She didn't have to marry Michael b/c she caught Chase "cheating." Willow did what Willow always wanted to do b/c she's a whack job obsessed w/another woman's child! And let's not forget that Michael kneed Chase in the balls for lying, but Chase is all happy-go-lucky and apologizing to THEM! Come on! Willow chose to forgive him his lie, and she chose to tell him she wanted a second chance (even though she really didn't). She then proceeded to lie him at every turn. She proceeded to string him along and use him while she wanted for loser Michael to step up. And then they were more concerned w/their petty, lame relationship than a "supposed" friend's death!!! Millow are straight trash. 

I have no idea what they discussed today b/c seeing their faces makes me roll my eyes and my finger automatically hits "mute." 

I like the Liz/Britt scenes. Again, I like Britt and am fine w/her getting more female friends. 

If Maxie doesn't want Peter catching on, she really needs to stay away from her baby.

Of course, Peter escaped. We all knew he would. His acting today was really OTT and hammy. It's all a little too much for me. 

GH is really boring (to me) right now. So much time is spent on stories, and there's never any decent payoff. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

So as much as I snark on this show (and full on dislike it at times), I honestly would be extremely sad if this show is ever cancelled.  Like, it’s just a part of my day.  For So Many Years.  It would just be fucking weird to not have it anymore.  

And I really don't want people to lose their jobs (well, most of the people) but this dreck they are putting out is not good. It's certainly not GH when it was actually good, it's not even GH when it was Guza good (too much killing off and too much mob but good sweeps stories and well plotted). It's just really really really bad.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

And I really don't want people to lose their jobs (well, most of the people) but this dreck they are putting out is not good. It's certainly not GH when it was actually good, it's not even GH when it was Guza good (too much killing off and too much mob but good sweeps stories and well plotted). It's just really really really bad.

I can't get too worked up about the writing staff and crew because it seems the FV broomed the prior GH writing away in favor of his own people.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I'm sorry but Chase should be angry w/Millow. . . . . at least for a few months! It makes no sense to have him groveling so soon. Millow reamed him out for lying to them. They acted like they would never lie to anyone and were so much better than him, but they were worse. Chase's lie didn't even hurt them. Michael got what he always wanted: Wiley and Willow, and Willow never seemed to be suffering being attached to Michael - a man she CHOSE to marry. No one had a gun to her head. She didn't have to marry Michael b/c she caught Chase "cheating." Willow did what Willow always wanted to do b/c she's a whack job obsessed w/another woman's child! And let's not forget that Michael kneed Chase in the balls for lying, but Chase is all happy-go-lucky and apologizing to THEM! Come on! Willow chose to forgive him his lie, and she chose to tell him she wanted a second chance (even though she really didn't). She then proceeded to lie him at every turn. She proceeded to string him along and use him while she wanted for loser Michael to step up. And then they were more concerned w/their petty, lame relationship than a "supposed" friend's death!!! Millow are straight trash. 

Who is he groveling to? He came to the house to deliver a gift to Monica to apologize for attempting to hurt her family when he snooped through her house for Austin. He wasn't groveling to Michael or Willow. Willow is not a psycho obsessed with another woman's kid (a woman who is an actual psycho and wannabe serial killer.) She chose to marry Michael because of what Chase and Sasha did. No one held a gun to her head, but no one held a gun to Chase's head either. He set this in motion even though she told him over and over again she wanted to help Michael with Wiley, but was choosing to stay with him. And pretending that she wasn't hurt is revisionist history. She chose to forgive him and now he's choosing to forgive her. It's what mature people do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

They didn't fuck in front of their kid. Plenty of people on this show have done far worse.

I didn't say they did. And I'm not comparing them to murderers or drugging people. I'm not even talking about other people, I'm talking about them. To me, they're gross. And boring. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason's tears of joy at seeing Sonny were no doubt because his days as Carly's husband are now numbered. Hee.

He's just thankful he didn't have to close his eyes and imagine his favorite murder to be able to get thru the wedding night.

• LOL 16
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Her good intentions were to give a dying man his last wish and then to give a man who literally said his only motivation to learn to walk again was her, the will to fight.

and it got to that point because she kept lying.. That's the difference. Willow could have totally done that as Chase's friend with Michael right there. She chose to do it as his girlfriend. Clearly you don't agree and honestly that's fine. But i explained why I don't  several times. there were a lot of times when he wasn't dying in a hospital bed when she could have ended it. she knew that Chase thought they were legitimately married. not in name only so it was scuzzy that they slept together when they did.  And Like i said. I get it's a soap staple. it's great when it's a great soap affair. Dru and Malcolm, Marlena and John, Nora and Bo,  etc etc etc - they were scuzzy when they cheated.  If i want the couple together and it's deliciously soapy, sure i'll clap my hands and be squee, yay- but i'll also smack them hard for the fact that they cheated. Just because it's a soap staple doesn't mean for me I'm gonna be "Meh," about it.  

to me. Willow and Michael suck for what they did. Even if i liked them I would say what they did suck. If you don't agree that's fine  but people aren't wrong to think that they suck, or think that chase should have had longer than a minute to be pissed off that his wife slept with someone else. 

4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I didn't say they did. And I'm not comparing them to murderers or drugging people. I'm not even talking about other people, I'm talking about them. To me, they're gross. And boring. 

that's the thing. i'm not saying that they are like. worse than Jason and Sonny. because they cheated and Jason and Sonny murder people. But in every day mundane, ho hum (soap) life. they are scummy and gross to me because they cheated, and they acted like they did nothing wrong. They did. and they could have been honest. helll. they could have just NOT SLEPT TOGETHER  and i would have been more relatively okay with it. 

but at least they are boring and gross together now. it's easier to ignore them.

• Love 16

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

And Like i said. I get it's a soap staple. it's great when it's a great soap affair. Dru and Malcolm, Marlena and John, Nora and Bo,  etc etc etc - they were scuzzy when they cheated.  If i want the couple together and it's deliciously soapy, sure i'll clap my hands and be squee, yay- but i'll also smack them hard for the fact that they cheated. Just because it's a soap staple doesn't mean for me I'm gonna be "Meh," about it.  

One of my favorite cheats was Natalie and Brody's ONS on OLTL, because it was damn hot! And I was a huge Brody/Jess shipper so I was mad at them for it but appreciated the aesthetics. There was none of that here. And not to mention the completely non-soapy fallout with Millowtonin.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and it got to that point because she kept lying.. That's the difference. Willow could have totally done that as Chase's friend with Michael right there. She chose to do it as his girlfriend. Clearly you don't agree and honestly that's fine. But i explained why I don't  several times. there were a lot of times when he wasn't dying in a hospital bed when she could have ended it. she knew that Chase thought they were legitimately married. not in name only so it was scuzzy that they slept together when they did.  And Like i said. I get it's a soap staple. it's great when it's a great soap affair. Dru and Malcolm, Marlena and John, Nora and Bo,  etc etc etc - they were scuzzy when they cheated.  If i want the couple together and it's deliciously soapy, sure i'll clap my hands and be squee, yay- but i'll also smack them hard for the fact that they cheated. Just because it's a soap staple doesn't mean for me I'm gonna be "Meh," about it.  

to me. Willow and Michael suck for what they did. Even if i liked them I would say what they did suck. If you don't agree that's fine  but people aren't wrong to think that they suck, or think that chase should have had longer than a minute to be pissed off that his wife slept with someone else. 

It got to that point because she was trying to do what she thought would help him, no matter how many outs he supposedly gave her. 

I like them and think the lying was wrong and they probably shouldn't have slept together, but it's not the worst thing in the world. People complained and complained and complained that WIllow and Michael were never allowed to make mistakes and then when they do, somehow people act like they're the devil incarnate. That's the thing about this whole storyline that boggled my mind. You can think they suck, that's fine, just like it's fine for people not to care or think them "cheating" was that bad.

10 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Who is he groveling to? He came to the house to deliver a gift to Monica to apologize for attempting to hurt her family when he snooped through her house for Austin. He wasn't groveling to Michael or Willow. Willow is not a psycho obsessed with another woman's kid (a woman who is an actual psycho and wannabe serial killer.) She chose to marry Michael because of what Chase and Sasha did. No one held a gun to her head, but no one held a gun to Chase's head either. He set this in motion even though she told him over and over again she wanted to help Michael with Wiley, but was choosing to stay with him. And pretending that she wasn't hurt is revisionist history. She chose to forgive him and now he's choosing to forgive her. It's what mature people do.

She wasn't that hurt. She moved on to Michael pretty quickly, and she's happy there. The only ppl who actually suffered from the Chase/Sasha lie is Chase and Sasha. Michael couldn't have cared less that Sasha was gone; he was thrilled to be marrying Willow. He didn't even confront Sasha. He let her walk out the door and never looked back. Willow was sad for a little while, but she moved on to Michael quickly and lost any love she had for Chase. I believe she's said Michael is the best love of her life, so it's hard to feel bad about a lie that only "improved" ppl's lives. 

And the reason she happily and willingly married Michael is b/c she wanted to be close to the kid to whom she has/had a weird and unhealthy attachment. I have never felt her attachment to Wiley was healthy. She chose to give up her kid for adoption, but seemed unable to actually let go of that child. It was a closed adoption. All of her interactions w/Wiley were unhealthy, IMO, given her choice. And it doesn't help that she's essentially replaced her dead son w/Wiley. Willow will always be a Wiley-obsessed nutjob in my eyes! She's in desperate need of counseling. 

You're right about Chase being mature, but that's not why I watch soaps. I don't watch for the mature reaction off the bat. I watch for drama, and GH gave me none w/that lame story. Chase could be angry and upset for a while before immediately being forgiving and understanding. Why did they even write this story if no drama was planned? It's been a complete waste of time. They could have just had Willow be honest from the start and tell Chase she didn't want a second chance. He would have been fine. She could have been w/Michael. We'd be in the same place w/o the contrived, wate of time drama in between. 

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

So as much as I snark on this show (and full on dislike it at times), I honestly would be extremely sad if this show is ever cancelled.  Like, it’s just a part of my day.  For So Many Years.  It would just be fucking weird to not have it anymore.  

I don't want it canceled (at the moment) but I feel like some fans think it should be on just because it's been on for so long. Much better shows have been canceled for less.

I think the genre will have a comeback but not until the original soaps are all canceled. And probably not 5 days a week every week. Maybe 3 or 5 days a week for 6 months or something like that.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

She wasn't that hurt. She moved on to Michael pretty quickly, and she's happy there. The only ppl who actually suffered from the Chase/Sasha lie is Chase and Sasha. Michael couldn't have cared less that Sasha was gone; he was thrilled to be marrying Willow. He didn't even confront Sasha. He let her walk out the door and never looked back. Willow was sad for a little while, but she moved on to Michael quickly and lost any love she had for Chase. I believe she's said Michael is the best love of her life, so it's hard to feel bad about a lie that only "improved" ppl's lives. 

And the reason she happily and willingly married Michael is b/c she wanted to be close to the kid to whom she has/had a weird and unhealthy attachment. I have never felt her attachment to Wiley was healthy. She chose to give up her kid for adoption, but seemed unable to actually let go of that child. It was a closed adoption. All of her interactions w/Wiley were unhealthy, IMO, given her choice. And it doesn't help that she's essentially replaced her dead son w/Wiley. Willow will always be a Wiley-obsessed nutjob in my eyes! She's in desperate need of counseling. 

You're right about Chase being mature, but that's not why I watch soaps. I don't watch for the mature reaction off the bat. I watch for drama, and GH gave me none w/that lame story. Chase could be angry and upset for a while before immediately being forgiving and understanding. Why did they even write this story if no drama was planned? It's been a complete waste of time. They could have just had Willow be honest from the start and tell Chase she didn't want a second chance. He would have been fine. She could have been w/Michael. We'd be in the same place w/o the contrived, wate of time drama in between. 

I don't think Michael cared that much about Sasha, but Willow did love Chase and it did hurt. She married Michael willingly because Chase forced her hand. She would have stayed with him, but he thought he knew best and the only way to achieve that goal was to break her heart. After he did that, why wouldn't she marry Michael? She was trying to help Michael keep custody and keep Wiley away from the true whack job, Nelle. Just because, in your eyes, she moved on quickly doesn't mean the hurt wasn't real. 

I watch soaps for good writing, characters, and good drama. I actually like when characters learn to grow and evolve and can handle situations maturely. I think the reveal could have happened in a much soapier way, but I like the way Chase has handled this.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

does no one know how to write a soap opera anymore?

This, I think. I am not kidding. Most primetime shows have gone from 22 episodes to around 15 or less because a lot of writers say 22 is too many. 22! Not only do the soap writers have to write 200something episodes they have to write it for characters who have been on for decades and who have already been wrung out for as much as they could be.

Is there just so much competition with different media now that no one cares about regular network TV anymore?  I don’t get it.

This too. It seriously feels like sometimes these shows haven't been canceled only because the people in charge forgot they are on.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

This is the way I see it, and I'll just use what's currently happening right now. 

I sat through nine months of Sonny in Nixon Falls,  a month of a rushed "I love you" true confession from Jason and Carly, two weeks of the same day wedding/wedding night - only to get a lingering tie touch  before Sonny bursts in?  He doesn't walk in on them? There's no drama? Everything is okay?! 

I wasted nine months for "Oh you're back?!" (hug) "Oh that was a great thing you did!" cheeky grin.  like. naw boo. be mature after you got mad for a while lol.

• Love 21

I guess the show decided not to have Carly and Jason even kissing so Sonny continue to believe that it was a marriage in name only. It was still a stupid idea. And Jason just looking so besotted and barely conflicted at all, even after they just declared their love was a weird choice. Jason looked more in love with Sonny than he ever did with Carly.

I so, so, so did not miss seeing those three in scenes together. Their scenes today did not give me much hope the dynamic between them will permanently change.

Anna and Valentin are such idiots. Why the hell would they ever take their eyes off Peter and lower their guns? And, what happened to Valentin being Mr. Dirty Harry, I'll shoot him on sight?

Maxie's lie to Austin kind of reveals why giving Louise to Brook Lynn and Valentin was a bad idea. Peter would probably go after "Bailey" just to hurt Valentin, so she's kind of got a target on her back either way. And I know they said they believed Valentin was their best shot at protecting her, but it still seems like an unnecessary complication.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't think Michael cared that much about Sasha, but Willow did love Chase and it did hurt. She married Michael willingly because Chase forced her hand. She would have stayed with him, but he thought he knew best and the only way to achieve that goal was to break her heart. After he did that, why wouldn't she marry Michael? She was trying to help Michael keep custody and keep Wiley away from the true whack job, Nelle. Just because, in your eyes, she moved on quickly doesn't mean the hurt wasn't real. 

I watch soaps for good writing, characters, and good drama. I actually like when characters learn to grow and evolve and can handle situations maturely. I think the reveal could have happened in a much soapier way, but I like the way Chase has handled this.

We should just agree to disagree b/c I don't think there is anything Chase could have done to make Willow marry Michael if that is not what Willow already wanted to do. This may be where we disagree. IMO, Chase didn't force her hand. Willow wanted to marry Michael. She wanted to "save" Wiley. If I remember correctly, she was fine w/the idea of marrying Michael; she only backed down b/c Chase expressed reservations.

If she had truly wanted to take a step back from Michael and his situation and problems, then Chase "cheating" shouldn't have led to her marrying Michael. She should have still refused to marry Michael. She should have still put distance btw her and Wiley, but she didn't do any of that. She jumped to marry Michael and entrench herself in Wiley's life.  She wanted to marry Michael. She wanted to be Wiley's mother. She was sobbing on Chase's shoulder about not being able to make Wiley's medical decisions!! Willow will always be nuts in my eyes. 

I feel no sympathy for her. She may have been hurt by Chase, but she seems perfectly fine and happy now. Willow is fine. 

But as I said, we can agree to disagree. 

• Love 7

So, judging from the complete lack of drama in the Sonny reveal to Carly and Jason, are we to assume that we'll also get no payoff drama when it comes to pathetic dishrag Nina? I want people so pissed at her that they can't form the words quickly enough, as they tear into her. I mean, besides Carly, who doesn't actually need a reason to treat people like that. 

As far as Millowtonin fucking inappropriately at a three year old's birthday party...at least it wasn't in the Quartermaine crypt, where BONUS!!!! A child was conceived among the corpses. 

So predictable and soooooo infuriating. I don't give a flying fuck who his real life GF is. Snidley Whiplash McSmirk needs to go. THAT'S the payoff I feel cheated out of. 

Anna and Valentin are such idiots. Why the hell would they ever take their eyes off Peter and lower their guns? And, what happened to Valentin being Mr. Dirty Harry, I'll shoot him on sight? 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, lala2 said:

We should just agree to disagree b/c I don't think there is anything Chase could have done to make Willow marry Michael if that is not what Willow already wanted to do. This may be where we disagree. IMO, Chase didn't force her hand. Willow wanted to marry Michael. She wanted to "save" Wiley. If I remember correctly, she was fine w/the idea of marrying Michael; she only backed down b/c Chase expressed reservations.

If she had truly wanted to take a step back from Michael and his situation and problems, then Chase "cheating" shouldn't have led to her marrying Michael. She should have still refused to marry Michael. She should have still put distance btw her and Wiley, but she didn't do any of that. She jumped to marry Michael and entrench herself in Wiley's life.  She wanted to marry Michael. She wanted to be Wiley's mother. She was sobbing on Chase's shoulder about not being able to make Wiley's medical decisions!! Willow will always be nuts in my eyes. 

I feel no sympathy for her. She may have been hurt by Chase, but she seems perfectly fine and happy now. Willow is fine. 

But as I said, we can agree to disagree. 

Yes, let's agree to disagree because you want to insist that Chase is blameless and did nothing wrong and I don't agree. Also, neither I, nor Willow, ever said Willow wasn't inclined to marry Michael. Willow never denied she wanted to marry Michael to help Wiley because his biological mother is a murdering psychopath, but she backed down, not because of Chase's reservations but because of her own reservations. She loved Wiley and wanted to help, but she loved Chase and didn't want to leave him. She chose Chase over Wiley. Then Chase took the decision out of her hands. That was the whole reason Chase and Sasha concocted their idiotic scheme because both Michael and Willow didn't want to break-up with them. After Chase broke up with her, there was no reason for Willow not to marry him because the only reason she didn't want to do it was Chase. So, Chase taking himself out of the equation, taking the decision out of her hands, meant there was no reason not to do it. You don't feel sympathy for her. I don't feel sympathy for Chase. If someone eventually getting over heartbreak means they deserve no sympathy, then Chase will be okay eventually - and looks halfway there with Brook Lynn.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
14 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yes, let's agree to disagree because you want to insist that Chase is blameless 

I never said Chase was blameless. What Chase did was incredibly selfless in my opinion. He hurt Willow and sacrificed his love and relationshiop for Willow and Wiley. I just can't see his actions as evil given his motives and what he sacrificed. He priortized Michael's brat and Willow's obsession with said brat over his own relationship. Was it the right thing to do? No, but I don't see him as the devil who deserves a world of pain. He thought he was "saving" a child. He foolishly thought it could be fixed. He was wrong. I never saw the lie as this horrible, evil thing, esp. when the only ppl who truly suffered were the liars and not the ones being lied to.

There was no - IMO - equally selfless reason for Millow's lies. Their lies were unnecessary. 

Chase saw Willow blaming herself for Sasha's OD. He told her the truth. And then, like the man he is, he asked her for a second chance. He was willing to accept that she had moved on and there was no going back for them. Willow rebuffed him but when she saw Michael at Sasha's bedside, she made ASSumptions and decided to use Chase. She told him she wanted to try, and it was all lies! She never wanted Chase. She told Michael she knew she wanted him from the moment they slept together, but that didn't stop her from using Chase, leading him on, and playing w/his emotions. There was nothing selfless or admirable about her actions, IMO. She is straight trash for using Chase when that was not necessary. 

But we can agree to disagree. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 6

I am wondering if we are still one day behind and today was supposed to be Monday's episode, as Monday's ending was almost completely repeated today.

Glad to see Chase back in detective mode, it's been a while, and enjoyed the interaction with BLQ.

Peter dissapearing again, oh well, I guess he will meet up with Maxie and Louise soon, realize Louise is his, and then he will somehow die. Pretty sure Peter is not for long now that we know that Faux Victor is behind it all.

The return of Sonny played out rather boring, wish he had found Carly and Jason while they were really at it. But I guess now it will be about Carly's and Jason's feelings for one another, which could maybe result in the implosion of the triangle of doom down the road, one can only hope.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I never said Chase was blameless. What Chase did was incredibly selfless in my opinion. He hurt Willow and sacrificed his love and relationshiop for Willow and Wiley. I just can't see his actions as evil given what he sacrificed. He priortized Michael's brat and Willow's obsession over his own relationship. Was it the right thing to do? No, but I don't see him as the devil who deserves a world of pain. He thought he was "saving" a child. He foolishly thought it could be fixed. He was wrong. There was no - IMO - equally selfless reason for Millow's lies. 

Chase saw Willow blaming herself for Sasha's OD. He told her the truth. He, like a man, asked her for a second chance and was willing to accept that she had moved on and there was no going back for them. Willow rebuffed him but when she saw Michael at Sasha's bedside, she made ASSumptions and decided to use Chase. She told him she wanted to try, and it was all lies! She never wanted him. She told Michael she knew she wanted him from the moment they slept together, but that didn't stop her from using Chase, leading him on, and playing w/his emotions. There was nothing selfless or admirable about her actions, IMO. She is straight trash for using Chase when that was not necessary. 

But we can agree to disagree. 

You may think Willow and Michael are straight up trash, but I've never said that Chase is the devil. I can see the nuance in the situation and don't feel the need to completely demonize anyone in this storyline. I simply said I felt no sympathy for Chase. He might have prioritized Wiley over his relationship, but he chose to do it in a truly hurtful way and he doesn't get a complete pass on that. He wasn't in some impossible position and had other ways he could have handled it. For someone so "obsessed" Willow chose Chase and he ignored that because he felt he knew what was best, even if it was for a good reason. His decision is what led to all of this. I feel like we're watching two different shows. I don't remember Willow completely rebuffing Chase. She didn't completely blow Chase off and she never committed to some full-fledged relationship before Chase got sick. She told him she would try to repair their relationship and they could take it slowly. They were not in a fully committed monogamous relationship. I think Willow and Michael's decision was just as stupid as Chase and Sasha's, just as hurtful, and just as motivated by good intentions. We will obviously never agree on that. 

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

But it seems that you are implying Chase doesn't get to be upset because Willow and Micheal screwed each other while she was married to chase just .. that just doesn't sit well with me and I can't be on the same wavelength with you there.  Willow lied to give Chase the will to live (okay). but that lie didn't have to include marriage, nor did it have to include cheating on her husband. 

I'm not saying he can't be upset.  I'm more saying I don't think it makes sense to hold a lifelong grudge.  Chase did something majorly wrong.  Willow did something majorly wrong (I'll grant you it was probably more wrong), but they're kind of even now.  Move on.  Get on with your lives with different people and just be polite when you run into each other.  It's over and done and neither one of them have a moral high ground to stand on.  Just IMO.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Well, that was anti-climactic (in a manner of speaking).  And why would they want to spend their wedding night in the bed of the (supposed) dead husband?  Yuk.

right? that was just gross

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because while Sean was no longer on the show, the character was still alive. So when John Reilly passed away, they killed off Sean.

Alan had been killed off back in 2005? 2007?, so  these asshats didn't feel the need to put together an actual tribute. Their idea of one is what we saw. And I TOLD Y'ALL that that was all we were going to get after it aired.

Soaps! I don't remember if Sam had Jaysus declared dead after Faison shot him and kicked his "body" off the docks. So did she have to divorce him when he came back? Was she married to Billy Miller's "Jason" at the time? Was their marriage legal or did she have to divorce both of them? I was on the Barge and don't know what happened. Only tuned in when Robin showed up after the reveal.

Yeah Sam was married to BM Jason but that marriage was invalid once the real Jason came back so Jason and Sam had to get a divorce and then she married Drew right away

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

are we to assume that we'll also get no payoff drama when it comes to pathetic dishrag Nina?

That's probably the only payoff we get, and I won't enjoy everyone yelling at her. It's always the wimmins who pay. I'm sure Carly won't get off completely free, while Jason did the only thing he could to keep the bidness going.

• Love 5

Well that "journey" was about as exciting as my trip to Wallmart today. I was FF but then I went back to watch it just so I would know how bad it was.  Then I FF through Millow.

Is "puzzling " really a verb. Don't most people just say that they do puzzles. At least this story still has some drama but if it ends with Peter dead, Maxie and BL coming out with the story and Valentine just going OKie Dokie , that will be ridiculous. (the Peter dead part will be good though)

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, IDFfm0870 said:

I am wondering if we are still one day behind and today was supposed to be Monday's episode, as Monday's ending was almost completely repeated today.

no they probably thought it was so wonderful we should watch it again, (incase we ff the first time). The decription on my TV guide for yesterdays episode did not match the episode AT ALL.

• Love 3

Soaps can't go back to what they were in the '80s because they will never have that kind of budget again.  But, that doesn't mean they have to be completely lame.  Even if you don't have as many sets, can't have the big flashy weddings, and can't go on location, it doesn't mean that you also have to have bad writing for bland characters and no drama with nonsensical set ups.

No the shows will never have that kind of budget again to be sure, but soaps were great before the 80s and before the big budgets! Writers just have to be willing to tell a good story that doesn't involve a ton of things shows cannot afford! Tell me a good soapy story and I am there for it.

The scenes today with Sonny/Jason and Carly highlight the incompetence of these writers. As others have pointed out: where's the drama? Where's the soap? You don't even have to show a sex scene - have Sonny walk into the bedroom after Carly and Jason have done the deed and are spooning in bed naked! I mean come on. It isn't that difficult.

Nixon Falls felt like 10 years to me and I didn't even see that since it started. I came back to this show fairly recently. I don't know how some of you folks have managed to hang on!

Uggghh. Oh and of course Peter got away because ... of course.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, hypnotoad said:

The scenes today with Sonny/Jason and Carly highlight the incompetence of these writers. As others have pointed out: where's the drama? Where's the soap? You don't even have to show a sex scene - have Sonny walk into the bedroom after Carly and Jason have done the deed and are spooning in bed naked! I mean come on. It isn't that difficult.

I don't even think they had to have actually done the deed. At least have them undressing - and not just Carly touching his tie - and kissing. I'm almost afraid that the reason Carly and Sonny didn't have sex with Jason and Nina, respectively, was to somehow not sully the "supercouple" of Sonny and Carly.

• Love 2

So... I'm surprised Sonny didn't immediately throw Nina under the bus. ( But that was literally the only surprise in that snooze of a reunion).

I'm also wondering if GH is setting up the groundbreaking storyline of CarJaSon as soaplands first thrilled. 🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Then what was the point.  Jason and Carly declared their love for each other.  There ought to be some conflict with Sonny back.

Jason will suffer no consequences, he was just doing what the business needed. Sonny will suffer no consequences for refusing to look at who he is for months. Carly may suffer some consequences because she's a wimmin but it will be Nina who suffers most.

That's the problem when a show refuses to give its pet characters natural consequences when the situation merits it. It leaves the audience grouchy and complaining.

And that includes Peter.

4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It doesn't sit well with me people acting like Willow and Michael are the most evil people who ever evilled because they lied with good intentions. 

For me it's a reaction to everyone on the show always telling them both what good people they are, like everyone from Carly to Joss to Jason to Monica, like they are the bestest people in the whole world. (They do that to Joss too now.)  And it's also because Chase told Willow plenty of times that she doesn't have to marry him, doesn't have to stay with him, and she still chose to commit adultery with Michael.

It's also because audiences like to see people having consequences to their actions. People can make mistakes even with the best of intentions. Chase make a mistake faking an affair even though it was with the best of intentions, and he paid for that mistake by losing Willow. Willow did worse, she had the right intentions to lie to Chase and marry him but she has paid no real price for it nor has Michael for cheating with his best friend's wife.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

I wish that I could upvote this a dozen times.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Willow says "come move to the gatehouse with us." 

It didn't occur to me before but how is it that after all his protestations about being the bestest father ever to Wylie after he took him away from Lucas, Michael lets him live in the gatehouse with Willow? Not only a fulltime nanny during the day but nights with Willow. Michael is acting like a divorced dad with his own son. Even Lucas had him during the nights and days off.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I'm with you. I actually got emotional when it came back after the Covid break. Something that's been in my life since Laura and Scotty were star-crossed teens is not something I'd say goodbye to lightly.

Meanwhile! I was looking forward to barware flying! Carly pleading! Jason making conflicted faces! Nina in a fetal position!  A whole montage of pain set to "Sonny came home with a vengeance...." 

Now, in theory, I can understand why anyone who's a kingpin is used to taking in information before having a reaction, and for his second in command to just automatically supply the background. But in practice -- this is a soap! It kept going to commercial on cliffhangers that weren't about his wife getting married, but about something that occurred with the five families. It was SO BIZARRE.

I think they might be building up to a Chase Redux thing where "he's been through so much -- let's protect him" that blows up in their faces. But honestly, the stakes are so low. Carly and Jason literally only began talking about their feelings and even kissing just hours before Sonny came home.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It didn't occur to me before but how is it that after all his protestations about being the bestest father ever to Wylie after he took him away from Lucas, Michael lets him live in the gatehouse with Willow? Not only a fulltime nanny during the day but nights with Willow. Michael is acting like a divorced dad with his own son. Even Lucas had him during the nights and days off.

that threw me too. because I thought Wiley was living with Michael. That kid was better off with Brad and Lucas. 
ftra

3 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm sorry but Chase should be angry w/Millow. . . . . at least for a few months! It makes no sense to have him groveling so soon. Millow reamed him out for lying to them. They acted like they would never lie to anyone and were so much better than him, but they were worse.......

i love your entire post. (and honestly, i didn't mute, but i didn't really hear most of what they said my mind mutes them for me. i legit had to rewind their scenes a few times to get the small bits i did get). that bolded is pretty much sums it up too. (i only caught the aftermath, and Michael punching himi the balls). If Michael gets to be mad enough to punch Chase in the balls and he gets everything he wants why does Chase get nothing (except an "oh  well, these things happen) reaction when his wife sleeps with his best friend, and Michael still gets everything he wanted? just.... doesn't make sense to me.

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

For me it's a reaction to everyone on the show always telling them both what good people they are, like everyone from Carly to Joss to Jason to Monica, like they are the bestest people in the whole world. And it's also because Chase told Willow plenty of times that she doesn't have to marry him, doesn't have to stay with him, and she still chose to commit adultery with Michael.

It's also because audiences like to see people having consequences to their actions. People can make mistakes even with the best of intentions. Chase make a mistake faking an affair even though it was with the best of intentions, and he paid for that mistake by losing Willow. Willow did worse, she had the right intentions to lie to Chase and marry him but she has paid no real price for it nor has Michael for cheating with his best friend's wife.

yeup yeup yeup.  like this stupid entire wedding storyline had "something HORRIBLE was going to happen to someone" written all over it. like the way the stakes were with Carly and Jax - and how doubled Down Joss was in regards to the business you thought, okay you know. something is legit, seriously going to happen here. Jax's fears is finally coming through (all the way from when he lost custody of joss). 

And what happens? 

Nothing. There are zero consequences to Joss being a baby mob moll. there's no consequences (to joss) shooting her mouth off at a mobster. there's no consequences to joss being up front in clearly a  mob wedding (up until like 3 weeks ago when it turned into the OTP union of the Murderer and the Shrew) and Jax (who acted in 10000 percent logical actions to me by trying to get carly to wake up and see how inane she was by running the business) just looks like an idiot fool again. Where in most scenarios something would have happened to Joss (or at least at the wedding). but when Jax hears about the bombing he'll blather about how Joss could have been hurt and carly will be right i saying "but nothing did, back off, i am right." (again because god forbid they get consequences. and even when they do they stick for like 3 seconds). 

• Love 7

When Michael and Willow were talking, all I could see what that giant ass leftover wedding cake on the table behind them.  What a waste.

I liked the Liz/Britt scenes.  It was nice to see two women not going at each other.

What's the over/under on when Sonny's hair will be shoe-polish black again?  I'm gonna say by Friday's episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't want it canceled (at the moment) but I feel like some fans think it should be on just because it's been on for so long. Much better shows have been canceled for less.

I think the genre will have a comeback but not until the original soaps are all canceled. And probably not 5 days a week every week. Maybe 3 or 5 days a week for 6 months or something like that.

Like telenovelas!

• Love 3

I don't want the show to be cancelled, but I think they need to bring in some new writers, and also, figure out some long term stories with pay off, as opposed to lip service.  Follow through is key.

Let Chase be a buy guy for awhile.  Let the awful Carly/Jason sleep together and have a love triangle with Sonny.  Let Valentine and Anna have a spy story that envelopes all of port charles (like an ice princess story).  Let a Soap be a soap.

Ymmv, of course.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

So... I'm surprised Sonny didn't immediately throw Nina under the bus. ( But that was literally the only surprise in that snooze of a reunion).

I'm also wondering if GH is setting up the groundbreaking storyline of CarJaSon as soaplands first thruple.  🤔

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Nothing. There are zero consequences . . . . 

If I could thumbs up your entire post a million times I would! That’s my main problem with GH right now. There are no consequences to anything. We spend months watching these stories and investing in them only to have them end with whimpers. No bangs!

I was hoping someone would get shot at that wedding. I was hoping something would come from that whole pointless arc with Finn being Chase’s dad. Chase was upset for like two days!!! Gregory didn’t even yell at Jackie IIRC and then they were all friendly again! What?! And you know I was hoping for something interesting to happen with Chase when Millow was revealed. 

It’s all so disappointing. There’s no soapy drama or anything exciting happening. Makes for boring soap if you ask me!

Edited by lala2
  • Love 8

Someone did get blown up at the wedding. Two characters who have barely  been on and who the audience has zero investment in. And Jason didn't even have to figure out about the bomb, Mrs. Wu brought it to him on a platter and Brick and Spinelli handled it. He didn't even tell Carly so she wouldn't worry. Terrible pablum writing.

4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Maxie's lie to Austin kind of reveals why giving Louise to Brook Lynn and Valentin was a bad idea. Peter would probably go after "Bailey" just to hurt Valentin, so she's kind of got a target on her back either way.

Maxie didn't really have an alternative; Brook Lynn was the only one faking a pregnancy. If Maxie had given the baby to anyone else, it would have been obvious that this baby that suddenly turned up was Louise.

To send the baby out of town to a stranger would mean Maxie wouldn't know if she was safe.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I think everything is devoid of drama because the writers refuse to create conflict between the chosen ones. 

You know there will be a loser, but they try very hard to mitigate the impact for the loser in the storyline. Very clearly, the character who loses with Sonny back in the picture is Jason. Now the marriage is all about how it had to happen because of the Five Families, which FYI, stop calling it the Five Families when you are one of the Five Families. You're not one of the families putting pressure on yourself to get married. Thirty seconds ago, Carly was telling Jason she was in love with him. Thirty seconds later, both Carly and Jason are describing as the thing it was supposed to be, a MoC.

Also, thank you for sparing us the sex. That would have been wretched.

They created a "triangle" with Chase/Willow/Michael. Michael got to have his righteous anger at Chase for hurting Willow. Went as far as kneeing Chase in the balls, but Chase got to lash out for one minute and forgave Willow and by extension Michael for lying to him. Because no one can ever be angry at Michael for being the total douche that he truly is.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I liked the Liz/Britt scenes.  It was nice to see two women not going at each other.

Yes, it was. I think soaps and TV in general needs to grow out of the whole women being at each others' throats. I liked the rapport between Portia and Jordan. The writers managed to write something resembling a mature relationship between two women. It was nice. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Jason and Carly recapping the last 9 months to Sonny on today’s episode was incredibly tedious 

It was kind of good because I have forgotten most of this stuff and I CAN"T believe it has been 9 MONTHS! I know I am generally in some kind of weird COVID timewarp but I still can;t believe that Nixon Falls crap went on for 9 months. But then again, this is one of the things they could have done off camera or just put those wavy lines over the screen with the bee boop music😆

• Love 4