Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I like the Charlie’s set too but wonder why they didn’t give it to Curtis instead of that club that no one is ever at. How much use can they get out a set like that? 

Well the pool set is going to be shelved now for a good long while. Where else was there to go for a drink besides the Metro Court? I can fanwank that although the town puts on a good front, secretly they hate Carly and were pulling for another establishment.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I like the Charlie's set, so I wouldn't mind having that around again.  Does the show need Phyllis as a character?  No, but when has that stopped them.  I'd say it might be a point of interest for her to see, and be horrified, by "Mike" in Sonny mode, but she'll just become another apologist like 99% of the town.

I just want to be there the first time someone shows up to collect 'protection' money from Phyllis and she tells them Sonny can deduct it from the rent he DIDNT pay for 8 months 

• LOL 12

But Sonny is a good mobster! He wouldn't collect protection money from Phyllis, only from evul Julian.

It makes more sense to keep Charlie's than The Savoy because Charlie's is accessible to the younger crowd who are too young to drink and shouldn't be able to afford the Metro Court prices (I know I wouldn't be able to afford to eat there as often as the Port Charles residents seem to). But they've still got Kelly's for that.

7 hours ago, DanaMB said:

And he will. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Jason has no backbone when it comes to Carly. Not any more.

4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Michael is the only bio family that Jason has ever cared about.

And the reason Jason cares about Michael has nothing to do with bio family (A.J.) but with Carly and AJ's murderer.

21 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Maybe that's Michael's 'payback' for Chase saying they can't go back to the way things were.  He's pissed that someone didn't immediately just yell BYGONES and be like "you're the best, Mikey!"

That makes sense. Sonny and Carly are the most narcissistic family and Michael and Joss have not fallen far from the tree. #SaveAvery

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Today's Journey

The Gym
it's a new day. Britt sees Jason hitting a bag. She's all, this is not what newlyweds do. Britt's like shouldn't you be with your wife? Jason looks stonefaced. Then goes "there is no Mrs. Morgan. Carly and I aren't married, its not valid." 

Britt is like Sonny came home on your wedding night, how inconvenient. Jason said it's the best thing that could happen. how is any of these marriages valid?

lmao. Britt: "Where was he?" Jason "Pennsylvania." Britt: "Is this mob speak?" teehee Jason is all we're okay. Britt "Ahuh, I thought you said you were in love. "

Jason was like "we were friends a lot longer than Carly and I ..." and my mind just went red haze. WHY the HELL DID WE GO THROUGH EVERYTHING TO JUST GET BACK HERE. Then Jason said i deserve (to be alone) or something. Britt is like well this is basically karma. You chose Carly over me and Carly chose Sonny over you. but I'm not gonna rub it in.  Me: I would have. Complete with a touch down dance and a middle finger while I walked away. 

Lisel recap. Jason is like do you want Brick/Spinelli to look into it? Britt is like no - i don't need you be save me and she splits. 

Charlie's
Trina and Ava are saying goodbyes.. Trina is like stay. Ava is like but the stalker so i have to go. Trina is saying that jerk needs to pay. Ava is like i hope that stalker is happy. Cam shows up and catches Trina up. Trina is like "I know who was stalking Ava and we need to expose them!"

Trina is like Ava is giving up everything because Spencer is a spoiled brat. Cam is like yah that.... kinda sounds like Spencer.

Cassadine House

Esme and Spencer comes in and is all hiya!. Spencer is laying it out thick about missing him but he doesn't know if it will work. Esme and Kevin smile weirdly. 

Esme is buttering Kevin up like a roll. They are bantering. I don't really get this conversation.

Esme is being a royal cow, Nik is putting up w/that crap. Kevin is like are you really wanting to deal with this? Nik is like "I'm happy with Spencer so i'll do anything." Kevin is like "she's drama." Nik's like meh.  

Spencer is eavesdropping. Kevin asks Nik if it were reversed would Nik do anything to give Spencer safety. Nik says he wants both. His family safe and Ava. Who hates him this much? Spencer looks guilty. 

Kevin says remember you are making it up to your child not a friend. Nik wants to be the father Nik deserves. Spencer says he's remembering how much Nik means to him. Esme says this is why our plan is working, how does it feel to get everything you want?

Nixon Fails

Anna and Valentine are talking about how they screwed up (not really, but they should).  Jax says nina left NF. Jax told Valentine and Anna that Nina lied about Sonny. Anna is pissed. Valentine is like there has to be a good reason. Jax is like it wasn't out of malice. Valentine is like that's not the best decision because Nina went back to PC. Valentine is like meh. Nina is a captain of her own ship. We have bigger issues.   Valentine lies and says if he sees Peter he'll shoot him in the heart. LIAR! LIAR!!!  You could have done that last night. 

Anna thinks Peter knows where Drew is. Anna gets a call. Chloe hit the consulate (In Crete). 

Maxie's Pad

Nina is all hiya, and maxie is like peter is scary and Nina is like that's the least of our problems. They don't think Peter is dead. Nina is like this shouldn't have happened they could have been in custody. Then Nina says I saw peter the day I saw you in NF. 

Maxie is like what did he do to you to make you not call 911? Nina said he threatened James, and Maxie is like "I'll kill him first."  then the Lisel recap. Maxie tells Nina why the plan failed. 

Nina is like this is my fault. because i wanted my cake and eat it too. Nina goes "HE WAS SONNY ALL ALONG."

Maxie is like, seriously? now we're going back to the whole "i love Mike." Maxie "THERE IS NO MIKE!!" Nina "THERE IS!". (Maxie gave out a Ninnnnaaa?). Maxie was like dude, your plan was never going to work. Maxie forgives Nina and sees that she was hurting.

Nina wants to make things right. Maxie is like yehuh that's not really gonna happen. Maxie is like you need to give Sonny space. Maxie's saying she's judging Nina (lol) but she loves her. Nina splits and Maxie picks up her phone and goes "get over here."

It was Britt. Maxie knows what happened. (what Nina told her)

Corinthos
we don't have moss we have a bowl of lillies. Carly asks for a cup of coffee and starts sniffling into her cup. Sonny asks if it's bad, and she's like it's perfect. Sonny slept in the guest room. Carly said you could have slept with me. Sonny was like, no you were sleeping i didn't want to bother you. omg i am so bored. Basically they are talking how Carly couldn't stand anyone else wearing Sonny's things so she shoved into the attic. It was a way of holding onto him. 

Sonny is wearing the suit. Carly is blowing smoke up his ass. This is the woman who flat out told Jason she loved him and was going to screw him last night, but now "Sonny is sexy as hell." (whatever). 

Ava shows up and sees Sonny. Sonny growls a hello. . stalker recap. Ryan recap. Sonny shows zero concern about Ava but he finds out about the teddybear and now he's all son of a BITCH. Carly looks scares. (oh stop. this is how he always was you dumbo). 

Ava is like send me lots of pictures. Carly is like I will. Ava leaves in tears. Carly compares giving up Sonny to what Ava is going through. (oh shut up). Carly: I didn't want to focus on the business but i had to. (liar. you didn't have to. you wanted to). Sonny is like i'm back.  Carly is like i know you believe that. there's no guarantee you can keep that promise.

Show Ends With:
Sonny goes to the graveyard. Nina is there. Nina looks all smitten kitten sad. Sonny looks disgusted. 

Jason is at Sonny's. Carly is like "Sonny isn't here." Jason is like "I came to see you.

a TONNE of recaps and status quos. boring boring boring. Trina is on point though, and i'm really curious with Spencer's guilt how that will turn out. 

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Jason is at Sonny's. Carly is like "Sonny isn't here." Jason is like "I came to see you.

So much suspense for a scene that will surely just involve Jason assuring Carly that he will always love her and be there for her, but understands that her place is with Sonny and he'll never get in the way of that. Next!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Are the lilies going to get the boot like Jason did now that Sonny is back?

Trina is AWESOME and this should have been the teen story over the summer instead of whatever it was that the show did.

What the hell is "a dry latte"? And blackberries are not in season so she wants plastic fruit?

How is it that Kevin did not suss out Esme while she was living with him? Harmony pegged her right away. I'm doubting Kevin's competence now. She's so clumsy.

Do the people who make this show find Sonny yelling at women sexy or powerful? It just makes me think that he's one of those narcissists who are really insecure and cover it up by being belligerent.

KSt's delivery of "No offence but your plan was never going to work" was spot on.

Are Anna and Valentin heading to Crete now? Please more this on.

I really don't find it cute that Carly can't make coffee for herself.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

So much suspense for a scene that will surely just involve Jason assuring Carly that he will always love her and be there for her, but understands that her place is with Sonny and he'll never get in the way of that. Next!

I know. they look weepy and longing but whose buying that? this show showed when it comes to drama they have none.

Just now, statsgirl said:

What the hell is "a dry latter"?

dry larder aka pantry 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sonny is wearing the suit. Carly is blowing smoke up his ass. This is the woman who flat out told Jason she loved him and was going to screw him last night, but now "Sonny is sexy as hell." (whatever). 

Sonny is sexy because he wears a suit, Jason is sexy because he only wears black T-shirts. Flannel is gross. Whatevah, show.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

dry larder aka pantry 

I typed wrong. Esme said that she likes "a dry latte".

Nik is really overdoing it saying that he will redecorate her room if she doesn't like it. This is how you created Spencer into a monster, dummy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, statsgirl said:

I typed wrong. Esme said that she likes "a dry latte".

oh Dry latte: foam milk, no liquids. :)

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Flannel is gross. Whatevah, show.

clearly these people never saw cowboys. 

Yum-mee.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Maxie's saying she's judging Nina (lol) but she loves her.

Ha!  That is totally something realistic to say in this situation, especially to a close friend/family member.  

50 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Valentine lies and says if he sees Peter he'll shoot him in the heart. LIAR! LIAR!!!  You could have done that last night. 

I said the same exact thing.  Stop saying you will kill him on site when you’ve sighted him multiple times and still…the little shit is still alive. 

26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How is it that Kevin did not suss out Esme while she was living with him? Harmony pegged her right away. I'm doubting Kevin's competence now. She's so clumsy.

I think Kevin has her number.  He was being very weird when they were talking.  He knows somethings up with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

KSt's delivery of "No offence but your plan was never going to work" was spot on.

Although ... her  own dumb plan. 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Maxie's Pad

🤣😅

LW is acting her mixed feelings pretty well.  SB is constipated again. MB is back to mumbling and yelling and overall painful to watch.

Trina + Cam for the win. Those 2 young actors are too good for this show.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Do you think that Phyllis would be trying to get Nina and Mike together if she knew that Nina was lying about who he was and knew it all along?

Probably. Getting Nina and Mike together seemed to be her sole purpose in life. She also played an role in encouraging Mike to just be happy where he was and not pursue his past. But yes, she does have a right to be angry at Nina for lying. However, that’s not why she was yelling at Nina yesterday. It was about the bar, and how Nina took away Lenny’s legacy. Nina didn’t do that.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

However, that’s not why she was yelling at Nina yesterday. It was about the bar, and how Nina took away Lenny’s legacy. Nina didn’t do that.

Yeah, she did.  She was the catalyst.  Peetah would have had no reason to burn down the bar w/o Nina.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Nik wants to be the father Spencer deserves.

The father Spencer deserves is one who sets limits for him. Which none of them, from Nik to Laura to Sonny, seem to be able to do.

But given how Spencer seemed to be conflicted as he overheard Nik talking to Kevin, I can see Spencer's redemption coming. It's going to be all the wimmiz fault.

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I think Kevin has her number.  He was being very weird when they were talking.  He knows somethings up with her.

He told Nik that she's high maintenance which was obvious from her latte not being dry enough* and refusing the fresh fruit because it wasn't blackberries. He didn't seem to pick up on the sociopath vibes such as the dig at Ryan. Harmony and Trina picked up on it and Esme had been living in Kevin's apartment.

*according to the Starbucks site, a latte is a cappuccino with more milk. So why not just ask for a cappuccino with 3xtra foam? No, I can't let this go.

• Love 4

I don't know if this means anything, but Carly looked kind of appalled when Sonny did his "Sonnafabitch" routine when Ava told him about the stalker getting to Avery's room. I don't know why this would be -- if there's one time his reaction was appropriate, it's that. But I wonder if she was already nostalgic for Jason's quieter competence. I would be. 

It was also weird that she told him they both know he can't promise he'll never leave the family. It makes sense on a mob = danger level. But the fact that he slept in the guest bedroom and that he's not throwing Nina under the bus makes me think that Sonny isn't quite as done with Nina as he lets on. And Carly senses something is off.

Kevin definitely has Esme's number, and if she's needling him back, my mind of course goes to that she's Ryan's secret daughter or something like that. Either way, she clearly has a motive for stalking Ava that's separate from Spencer's.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, ljr said:

How difficult is it for Carly to make coffee? What makes sonny's coffee so great?

Sonny made it. that's all we need to know. 

42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So why not just ask for a cappuccino with 3xtra foam?

LOL because that's a latte. ;)  i don't know why it got it's special name same with cafe o lait which is just. coffee with milk. lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Yeah, she did.  She was the catalyst.  Peetah would have had no reason to burn down the bar w/o Nina.

So if I’m walking down the street and somebody who has a grudge against me pulls out a gun and shoots at me but hits a bystander instead, it’s my fault?

Nina is definitely responsible for Nina’s actions. But she is not responsible for Peter’s actions. 

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

So if I’m walking down the street and somebody who has a grudge against me pulls out a gun and shoots at me but hits a bystander instead, it’s my fault?

If you saw the guy who was wanted by police for murder and said nothing for days, then the guy pulls out a gun and shoots at you but hits a bystander instead, it's your fault.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

If you saw the guy who was wanted by police for murder and said nothing for days, then the guy pulls out a gun and shoots at you but hits a bystander instead, it's your fault.

Don't we call that person the accessory? The fault can be split between people, but the law considers the actual murderer to be, you know, the Main Dude. (Legal term)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

But the fact that he slept in the guest bedroom and that he's not throwing Nina under the bus makes me think that Sonny isn't quite as done with Nina as he lets on. And Carly senses something is off.

I would love for you to be right, but… Charlie Brown/football. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I would love for you to be right, but… Charlie Brown/football. 

Honestly. even though it wouldsicken me, i would love to see there be angst between Carly/Jason and see Jason fight for Carly.

Won't happen. 

I'd love Jason to reexamine his life and realise he has NOTHING because he puts these two bozos first and it cost him so much. 

Won't happen. 

so these two being all weepy eyed today will mean nothing to me until i actually see the show hit Seven! Seven! Seven! *shows fingers seven* and commit to some freaking drama.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

Maxi knows Peter is alive and has threatened to take James. Yet for some reason she isn't locking her front door?

That reminds that Brooklyn knows that Peter is on the loose and he might discover the truth about "Bailey," -- so it seems insane to me that she agreed to go out with Chase for a drink. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm thinking the whole thing might have been more interesting had Nina told Mike who he was, and Mike was not interested in returning to that life.  Then when he remembered, he would be torn.  Somehow the writers find the way to make it as dull as they can, when you can see how they could have made it interesting.  

It would seem the She-beast should confess that she was in love with the Borg a few hours ago.  Isn't it lying for her to keep that from Mooby?  As the show defines Lying, that is.  

The Ava story is just a thing that doesn't happen - she'd want to take her child with her rather than leave her with Mob Central.  Keeping her safe means leaving her there?  The stalker just wants Ava away from Nikolas, so why would stalker care about Avery at all if she was gone with Ava?  If Ava leaves, the stalker has what they want, so they would not bother continuing to go after Ava.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

The Ava story is just a thing that doesn't happen - she'd want to take her child with her rather than leave her with Mob Central.  Keeping her safe means leaving her there?  The stalker just wants Ava away from Nikolas, so why would stalker care about Avery at all if she was gone with Ava?  If Ava leaves, the stalker has what they want, so they would not bother continuing to go after Ava.  

When Sonny was "dead" that should have released Ava from any custody agreement so she should have been free to take Avery. It would have been more soapy for her to show up at Carly's to pick up Avery and there is Sonny, yelling and slamming his fists refusing to let Avery go. Cary could extend her "oh yaaaaaa.......now I remember" face.

• Love 6

Nina is not responsible for Peter's actions, but she's not blameless either. If she hadn't been so invested in protecting her "Mike" secret, she could have called the police or Anna or Jax -- or Valentine. And yes, Peter would have found some other leverage to use against her because he's a bad guy and that's what bad guys do. But at least Nina could have done what any normal rich person would do if they were being chased by a psychopath and gotten the hell out of town. Instead, she stuck around Nixon Falls, indulging in her Mike fantasy and putting everyone in harm's way. For that Phyllis has a right to be angry.

• Love 8

I don't know that Portia is Phyllis's daughter. It seems like a stretch, but when I know! When has that ever stopped the writers. 

I think that Phyllis will show up in PC, though. She's got nothing left in Nixon Falls. Her husband died and the bar was burned to the ground. I'm not sure why she would want to have or want to keep Nina in her life, though. Her still having a close relationship with Sonny, I can see. And I don't see him abandoning her. 

I watched only the first 15 minutes of the episode. But I'm glad the writers allowed Britt to keep her dignity.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, bannana said:

I was kind of pleasantly surprised that Maxie didn't cancel Nina for not calling the cops on Peter. Plus she gave Nina good advice!

Literally the only thing Nina did right was calling Liesl to deal with Peter. Liesl out of everyone seems like the most competent person to end him, pesky kidnapping notwithstanding. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ljr said:

How difficult is it for Carly to make coffee? What makes sonny's coffee so great?

How no one makes her coffee perfect like Sonny does is something they’ve made a thing since he disappeared. Of all the things to stay consistent with, they pick this. God this show 🙄

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

The coffee thing and how no one makes her coffee perfect like Sonny does is something they’ve made a thing since he disappeared. Of all the things to stay consistent with, they pick this. God this show 🙄

that and the tomato sauce being the best thing that ever been created ever. (I still wish that Jax said "it's not really the best." or got food poisoning or something from it). Dumbest thing ever that the thing that cracked this open was a freaking jar of pasta sauce

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

When Sonny was "dead" that should have released Ava from any custody agreement so she should have been free to take Avery. It would have been more soapy for her to show up at Carly's to pick up Avery and there is Sonny, yelling and slamming his fists refusing to let Avery go. Cary could extend her "oh yaaaaaa.......now I remember" face.

what SHOULD have happened was Ava hearing that the wedding had a car bomb go off, and then she got a clue and went "right why am i willingly keeping my daughter with a mobster?" pick her up and then see sonny.  but i think Ava is simply on "i need to protect my child." and as Ava has no normal non-criminal friends that are old enough to take care of a child (since you know, Nina is all busy going Mikkkeeeee! MIIIKKEEEE!! I LOVE HIM!"  Carly is actually her only option. And Avery knows them so it probably makes it easier for Ava. 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

The coffee thing and how no one makes her coffee perfect like Sonny does is something they’ve made a thing since he disappeared. Of all the things to stay consistent with, they pick this. God this show 🙄

It emphasizes that Sonny is just a coffee importer and a good guy rather than the mobster that he really is. The show wants to have it both ways, scary don and aw shucks guy, Sonny and Mike.

I guess I'm supposed to think "how romantic, Carly needs the men she loves to make her coffee good" but really I'm thinking how helpless she is.

It has never made sense that Ava was willing to leave Avery with Carly and Jason to be safe and even less so when there was a car bomb at their wedding but the show likes to pretend that it's safe there until it isn't . I'mstill mad that Joss didn't get hurt.

Maxie had the door locked when Nina was knocking on it. I thought that Mac and Felicia were protecting James and Georgie, and Yuri is with Bailey.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

That's how it went originally.  Nikolas and Ava assumed primary custody of Avery, but then gave her back to Carly when the stalker storyline got going.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I guess I'm supposed to think "how romantic, Carly needs the men she loves to make her coffee good" but really I'm thinking how helpless she is.

to be fair (guh i hate being fair to carly). My mom makes the best pumpkin and lentil soup. Whenever i am sick or not feeling well, or just need a hug in a cup, my mom makes it. I can cook (and she'll admit i cook a HELL of a lot better than she can) but there is just something about my mom's pumpkin lentil soup that even when i make it it simply doesn't taste the same. so I don't even bother making it. I need my mama to do it for me.  

I think this is what they are trying to convey about the coffee. but because it's coffee (and we saw him make it so it's not like he adds nutmeg, or cinnamon or anything. it's just coffee. and she got dewy when Jason made her coffee so maybe Carly just gets turned on when men make her coffee. 

• Love 8

Since they obviously dropped JaBritt like a hot potato and aren't planning on revisiting it, it kind of pisses me off that they made her sleep with Jax. Completely non-essential and just gross for her to have to get up close and personal with the actor. Then again, who knows who's infecting who over there.

I will keep with this show through November sweeps to see if it improves and storylines resolve. Not likely to happen. The show is clearly writing for the Sonny/Carly/Jason fans on Facebook. They are thrilled with the show and the reveal. 

image.png.6c98f41df7058c2a0042a35c3c7b1a26.png

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Don't we call that person the accessory? The fault can be split between people, but the law considers the actual murderer to be, you know, the Main Dude. (Legal term)

I was going for morally at fault, rather than criminally.  Peter has no beef against Phyllis, yet she nearly lost her life and she did lose her bar because she took Nina in, becoming collateral damage.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I know it's not a popular opinion but I'm still rooting to Britt and Jason.  She's the only one who seems to call him out on his crap.

Same. And I'd rather they do it now, instead of waiting for her to be at the terminal stage of her Huntington's. Hopefully they'll rope him into Liesl's rescue. Or Britt will spark better with CM's Drew, which I'd also be down for.

• Love 7