Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

So are we supposed to think this is going to be a nuanced story where Sonny actually feels guilty because he remembers falling in love with Nina and he actually liked him self as Mike? This is why Sonny is acting out with the yelling and slamming? Because MB cannot do nuance! 

Carly:  wow this is weird , we were married, we had feelings

Jason; ya weird

Carly: we got married, we said vows , we shared feelings, how will we get over it!!

Jason; we will, gotta go

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Today's Journey

Maxie's Pad
recap of Petercapdes. Scotty is like what does this mean where is Leisl?
Scotty and Britt are ticked off that Nina didn't call the cops. Scotty finds out that Sonny is alive. Scotty says "he's in a nightmare." (I agree scotty). Then he says he's like a potato bug? (let's go with cockroach). 
Then goes ah this is why Leisl said she couldn't die. Britt goes Lisel didn't die!

Scotty says Peter's big mistake was making me live, because I will take him out!

Mistah Sheffield!!!
Lisel is pissed that she was locked up for days w/o company. Mistah Sheffield is like i made people not talk to you. Did you come around? Lisel has none of it and says Scotty and Britta will find me. Mistah Sheffield is like "why would they look for a dead woman?"

Lisel figures out that Mistah Sheffield planned the whole thing. She goes Britta needs her. Mistah Sheffield goes Britta needs her alive.

Lisel says if Peter hurts anyone I love, i will hold you responsible. Mistah Sheffield said, yah Peter sucks. Lisel is like don't butter me up by hating Peter. Mistah Sheffield said don't piss me off Lisel.  Give up the pride, love me and we can be with Britta in her last healthy months.

Mistah Sheffield is like I love you. Lisel - you're manipulating me. Work with me, says Sheffield, and you can have contact with Britt. Don't and you can't be with Britta. She reminds me of you. She is your only living child. And I can give you a way to be with her. Just cooperate with me.

Lisel says she can't lose Britt. Mistah Sheffield says don't worry the worse is over. Lisel puts a knife to his throat and goes "WRONG AGAIN DARLING."

GOO LISEL!

Borinthos
Carly has Joy. What happens next? She talks about how nice sonny looks now in suits, and now she thinks what would have happened in a different life. They would have had a great life. Jason, I agree. But it's not gonna happen now

THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU HAVE THEM GO ALL "I LOVE YOU, YOU ARE MY ONE TRUE LOVE!" JASON ISN'T GOING TO FIGHT FOR CARLY OR ANYTHING?! WHY DO PEOPLE WANT HIM IN ANY ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP?!

HAH Jason: life can go back to how it was. 
Carly: You are a big part of that life please tell me that is not going to change. 

SCREW. YOU. SHOW. 

I'm not going, Says Jason.  No matter what it costs? Ask Carly. It cost me nothing. You can't lose what you never had. What you had with sonny that's real. Jason says. I'm so shocked. SHOCKED that once again Jason won't fight for anything in his life. 

I am so done with this crap.

they say there was a hole when Sonny died- and they filled that hole together. they hold hands and look down. Do i care? no i don't.

I meant my vows, Carly says. Me too, says Jason. We'll be okay? Carly asks. We are okay. We've got each other no matter what says Jason. No matter what echoes Carly. Hug.

Me: Throws up. 

The Gym
Cam calls Joss and says trina wants to talk to her. Joss is all, "I wanna do my workout can't it wait an hr?" (what a pal).  Trina takes the phone and says "Esme is up to something and she's dragging Spencer down with her." (interesting phrasing). Joss is like ehermm... Then esme shows up and now Joss will go. (cow). 

recapping Esme/Joss so not worth it. basically. Sonny is alive! Esme: Wha?! Joss: i gotta go, Esme, byeeeee. 

Trina and Cam are trying to figure out how to get Esme. Cam is like Let's just be confront them and be honest. trina's likeIy they'll deny. Cam's like yah. Trina says we'll have a trap. 

Joss shows up and is all Esme is sketchy. Trina is like right? And spills the stalker theory. Cam thinks it's weird that Spencer was on the down low for all that time, and Spencer can hold a grudge (see Laura sending him away). They feel that Spencer is over his head. 

They really don't wanna hurt Spencer, but it's Esme's fault. Joss gives a backhanded compliment that's basically. her in a nutshell (i'd rather have Spencer's self-absorbness than you threatening someone with mob violence you stupid moron)

Nik shows up and goes Where is Ava? Trina is like I'm team Ava. Nik goes the situation has changed, can you help me? 

Casa Cassadine
Esme went to get stuff to decorate. Nik is bemused. Esme smoke blowing by Spencer while they play chess. 

To be dead honest with you I'm missing most of what they said. But basically said Cassadines don't forgive really easily and Nik checks Spencer. (they were talking about the "fake" stalking and how Nik accused Spencer). Spencer concedes. 

Nik was surprised that Spencer was with esme because Spencer looked smitten kitten with Trina and he didn't look like he had a girlfriend.  Spencer looks bashful. He kinda admits that there was something there but Esme is his person. 

Esme tells Spencer Sonny is alive. 
SONNY IS THE BEST!!!! cries Spencer. (shut up spencer). 
nix splits because he figures avery will be protected and can get ava snaps Esme.  We have to do something, says Esme. 

Ava left, Spencer said. There's no chance Ava stays now. 

Gravesite

Sonny goes stalking me? Nina said I didn't recognize you. Sonny said didn't recognize the clothes? Nina asks how he is doing and Sonny is like don't you do that, this is where my family grieved because of you, I won't forget that. (Oh shut up. Had you not gone to kill Julian you wouldn't have gone missing, so blow it out your rear).

Sonny was like this is where they grieved. I'm thinking they didn't care for me. Nina said this is my fault. Damn right, shouts Sonny. Donna didnt even recognize me. You keep saying about how you did this to me, but not one word about my wife Carly.

Sonny: You stole months of my life to get back at Carly. No sobs Nina. it wasn't just that. WHY shouts Sonny. Nina explains what Carly was doing with her with Wiley and how she was determined to erase Nina from wiley's life. So Sonny goes "So you tried to erase me from Carly's!"  Nina goes "Look,when I saw you, I picked up the phone, I was going to tell her, and she was just shouting at me, and threatening  me with legal action so I froze!" Yah so you wanted to hurt her, Growls Sonny.  Nina: At first - but then I got to know you, and it just spiraled out of control. (somewhere in there, she mentions falling for mike or Mike said to fight for wiley and Sonny screams I never said that! MIKE SAID THAT! MIKE DOESN'T EXIST! MIKE IS A PHANTOM!). Then Sonny says Nina stole his life. 

Sonny: while I was wiping beer on a bar my entire empire and everything important to me was being threatened. (Me: his real concern). Nina was like yah you were away from the mob. You were in danger and you were safe. Nina: that wasn't your job. I wasn't a drifter. I could have erased their debt. Lenny coulda had peace. (oh shut up). Nina: you gave them friendship and love and loyality. Yah I lied. But Mike wasn't a drifter. He was a good man. The Kind of man you might have longed to be. Mike the bartender was just as real as Sonny Corinthos. 

Sonny I remember everything. You led me on.  Nina: i know.
Sonny: that's it? Nina- I have more to say but it doens't matter. I wasn't malicious. I gave you peace.  Sonny - i didn't know what i lost, what your lies took from me.  NIna: i know you wouldn't believe me but i just wanted you to be happy 

Sonny says whatever don't worry about Carly and Me. Nina apologizes for making Sonny fall in love with her. and falling in love with her. "Weepy Eyes Sonny." 

Whatever happened in Nixon falls is over says Sonny. Nina goes yah but i can't pretend the last 9 months didn't happen. Mike will always be in my heart. (Sonny flashes back to them kissing). Sonny says stop fooling yourself, Mike doesn't exist. Nina says she can't, I'll never forget what Mike and I shared. 

Show Ends
Gotta go talk to Dianne, says Jason (about the click boom). Carly goes, Wait. What are we gonna tell Sonny? dramatic music, fade to black.

Show. Why do you hate drama?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Same. And I'd rather they do it now, instead of waiting for her to be at the terminal stage of her Huntington's. Hopefully they'll rope him into Liesl's rescue. Or Britt will spark better with CM's Drew, which I'd also be down for.

It would be just like GH to kill off Britt for daring to have sparks with the Holy Hitman. I hope that she sparks with Drew, or literally almost anyone else. I didn't think I wanted her with Drew (Ryan Lavery PTSD) but he's such a better option than Jason.

31 minutes ago, Daisy said:

SONNY IS THE BEST!!!! cries Spencer. (shut up spencer). 

Yeah, I'll do you one better. Fuck you, Spencer. God, as annoying as Spencer is already with his entitlement and his snot-nosed attitude, of course he's going to wax poetic on the Amazing Uncle Sonny. GAG.

Really enjoyed the fabulous KG today along with Mr. Sheffield. Liked Britt being aware but having faith in her mom. Scotty furious that Sonny still lives. And Trina having Ava's back. 

The rest? Throw them into the harbor and let them drown for real. So not even worth it.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 13

Hello everyone! After many months, I’m finally up to date and can comment properly- yeah!

I don’t understand the filming schedule. So much time between CM’ scenes and CS’ scenes. Maybe vacations, maybe Covid related time off?

And am I the only one thinking that Victor falsified Britt’s Huntington test results? It gave such a good reason for Liesl to attend a conference and he keeps using the little time Britt has left to convince her to work with him.

• Useful 11
  • Love 3

Sonny was screaming at Nina at the grave site about her being responsible for his poor family grieving for him there. But, didn't they already do the funeral/headstone blah blah junk BEFORE Nina went to Nixon Falls and found "Mike " and kept the secret. I remember something about Nina showing up at the cemetery and everyone being outraged that she dared do it during Carly's tragic loss, blah blah. So yes, Nina prolonged everyone's grief by not coming clean when she found out Sonny was alive. But they had already done the funeral, headstone etc. She was not responsible for that taking place.  

• Love 6

So the show opted for Sonny shouting rather than torn between Carly and Nina. Way to go with the least nuance in storyline possible.

Carly telling Jason that she would she would have fallen into a deep hole with Sonny's death if it hadn't been for him. Carly needs a man to prop her like a 5-s heroine. She is pathetic. 

Trina's faith in the PCPD seems about zero, she didn't even consider that they could have looked at the security footage for her. But she's as delusional about Spencer as Nina is about Sonny.

Carly has two men in love with her, and Joss has all the available boys in love with her (Oscar, Dev, Cameron) except for Spencer who is snake. And Trina, Nina, Britt are all left out in the cold. I hate this show.

Line of the day: "You will regret your dealings with Peter. Everyone does eventually."

Liesl/Victor, Britt and Trina give this episode life. I wonder what medical research Victor wants Liesl to do.

7 minutes ago, Desperado said:

And am I the only one thinking that Victor falsified Britt’s Huntington test results? It gave such a good reason for Liesl to attend a conference and he keeps using the little time Britt has left to convince her to work with him.

I hope you're right!

• Love 13

So Sonny comes home after being thought dead for 9 months. Carly sees her husband for the first time in 9 months. His first night at home, Carly falls asleep in their bed and he sleeps in the guest room because he didn’t want to wake her up. Okay then. Who writes this crap?

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So the show opted for Sonny shouting rather than torn between Carly and Nina. Way to go with the least nuance in storyline possible.

C'mom didn't you see MB's eyes tear up (after all the yelling) when Nina said she loved Mike and Mike had loved her? *eyeroll*  I think the writers and MB think they ARE doing a nuance story, but all we see is shouting and slamming lol

• Love 8

Oh, sure, Sonny - you would have cleared Phyllis and Lenny's debt. Out of the generosity of your cold, cold heart, I'm sure.

I can't really blame Sonny for being angry with Nina. After losing so many months of his life, he probably is going to lash out at anyone he thinks could have fixed it. But if he takes some time to think about it (assuming he has full recollection of his life as "Mike"), and is honest with himself (a long shot, indeed), he'll also remember the many times he said he didn't want to recall his previous life/identity and how often he said he was happy. At the moment, though, he is deep in denial and convincing himself that he is a nicer person than he really is.

• Love 6

Where is mr.sheffield holding liesl ?

How was it ninas place to say sonny was happier in Nixon falls than at home?  She wasn't that close to him

So for all that time with Carly and Jason's I love you they just go back to being friends? Its more interesting if she cheated on sonny with Jason. 

• Love 1

Will anyone thank Jax for finding Sonny? Other than possibly Alexis, I'm thinking no.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

So Sonny comes home after being thought dead for 9 months. Carly sees her husband for the first time in 9 months. His first night at home, Carly falls asleep in their bed and he sleeps in the guest room because he didn’t want to wake her up. Okay then. Who writes this crap?

Carly said that he stayed up late with the kids. Really? Donna and Avery? Or Joss and Michael who told Willow he would be back soon. And Carly, who just got her husband back, decides to just go to bed instead of staying awake to watch him and be sure that her really is back.

That's love.

44 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

he is deep in denial and convincing himself that he is a nicer person than he really is.

True for all of the Corinthos mob family, their kids and their hangers-on.

• Love 6

Glad that we finally got to see Liesel and Victor Cassadine again.  So, Victor set up the fake medical conference to get Liesel and do some kind of medical research?  Also, if we weren't sure before, we definitely know now that Peter is in league with Victor.  I'm actually enjoying Mr. Sheffield as Victor, and think that he and Liesel have an interesting dynamic.

Trina continues to impress with her intelligence and compassion.  I know people on the internets want her to eventually join the PCPD, but she's too smart for them and would get dragged down.  The WSB's a better fit for her, lol!

Also, Spencer's dialogue with Nicholas was weird.  He used the same words to describe Esme that he's used with Trina: beautiful, smart, direct (although he had a bit more to say about Trina).  Was he really referring to Trina while pretending to talk about Esme, or does he really think about them in the same way, or were the writers just lazy and didn't bother coming up with different descriptions for them?

• Love 8

MB was REALLY bad today.  Lots of stammering like he couldn't remember his lines and using his crutch of yelling everything instead of actually conveying any emotion other than rage.

Joss: "Esme is shady."  Girl, take a seat, as Trina already figured that out.  You don't get to claim credit for that, you brat.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, ljr said:

What happens to phyliss now?

I don’t care. Nothing against the actress who has been pretty good, but I’m so over Nixon Falls bullshit.  It’s been nearly a year!  Maybe they can fold her into the GH canvas somehow, but I don’t really care either way. And this is coming from someone who really doesn’t blame Phyllis all that much for not encouraging Sonny to find out who he is. I mean, it was HIS life, and he didn’t give two shits about it.

PS:  sorry for the above quotation for some reason I couldn’t comment on it and I couldn’t delete it. 

• Love 4

I thought the whole NF story with “Mike” and Nina and Phyllis/Lenny was too unrealistic even for GH. However, I did like the softer version of Sonny being Mike. I didn’t realize how much I liked it until today when he was YELLING all of the time at Nina. He obviously cannot remember his lines. He must be hard to act with although some of the actresses seem to cope better than others. I’m ready for this actor to depart.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Since they obviously dropped JaBritt like a hot potato and aren't planning on revisiting it, it kind of pisses me off that they made her sleep with Jax. Completely non-essential.

What's weird to me about this is that they ignored the Nina angle in Britt sleeping with her cousin's recent ex. And now I'm wondering if Britt and Nina will ever have a conversation about the ripple effect Nina's actions had on her life vis a vis getting with Jason.  They both have strong relationships with Maxie, but I don't think Britt and Nina have interacted once since the "Sisters!" pact in the graveyard.

In other news, that top today was a good color on Britt.

34 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I'm starting to wonder, did [Mr. Sheffield] somehow fake Britt's Huntington's Disease diagnosis as part of a long con to get to Liesel?  I know that sounds crazy and convoluted, but this is GH.

It would be very GH to steer away from an actual medical story via an outlandish retcon.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/24/2021 at 3:48 PM, statsgirl said:

I wonder what medical research [Mr. Sheffield] wants Liesl to do.

Well, when last we saw him before he took on the face of a non-Andrew Lloyd Webber Broadway producer, he was whipping up a cure for death with Robin.  Maybe this time it's cyborgs?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Scotty finds out that Sonny is alive. Scotty says "he's in a nightmare." (I agree scotty). Then he says he's like a potato bug? (let's go with cockroach). 

He said palmetto bug. They're a much hated version of a cockroach --  an inch and a half long and quite common in Florida and other Southern states. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Blackie said:

??  Ok I give up, can't figure this one out.

Nina and Britt are cousins.  Nina dated Jax pretty seriously for a while.  Britt had sex with Jax.  It feels like most soap operas would do something with that, but the show hasn't touched it at all.  Even Dr. O, when she found out about Britt and Jax, had no comment.

• Useful 3
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nina and Britt are cousins

Oh Ok I read it as Britt slept with Nina's cousin's ex and was thinking how is Sam related to Nina 😄

I forgot about the Jax-sex. I think when Jax returns from Nixon Falls, he and Britt need to reunite over the whole Sonny is alive thing!!

Crazy NIna only has eyes for Mike, I don't think she would care at all about Nina sleeping with Jax.

• Useful 2

Lightning should have struck Mooby when he yelled at Nina for wanting Carly to pay.  How many times has Mooby announced that somebody had to pay for something.  Hypocrite.  

If he remembers the Mike parts, then why does he not remember saying he didn't want to know who he was and liked being where he was?  

Not to mention that had he been told, he would not remember it, so his life was "stolen" anyway by the amnesia.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nina and Britt are cousins.  Nina dated Jax pretty seriously for a while.  Britt had sex with Jax.  It feels like most soap operas would do something with that, but the show hasn't touched it at all.  Even Dr. O, when she found out about Britt and Jax, had no comment.

Maybe they forgot about that connection, because I sure did. But you're right, it should have been brought up then. I'd personally like to forget they had sex lol.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Blackie said:

I think the writers and MB think they ARE doing a nuance story, but all we see is shouting and slamming lol

Yes, I think the flashback and Sonny’s teary eyes are definitely leading to Sonny being torn between Mike and Sonny/ Nina and Carly. If MB were a better actor, we’d be feeling the internal conflict, but he’s not, so we just get yelling.

13 hours ago, ljr said:

So for all that time with Carly and Jason's I love you they just go back to being friends? Its more interesting if she cheated on sonny with Jason. 

I don’t think this story is over. As Sonny finds himself still drawn to Nina, Carly and Jason will also find it hard to dismiss their renewed feelings. But in the end, Sonny and Carly will decide they belong together because this is GH and that’s how it rolls.

11 hours ago, ljr said:

What happens to phyliss now?

Who cares. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, drtslim said:

I'm starting to wonder, did Victor Cassadine somehow fake Britt's Huntington's Disease diagnosis as part of a long con to get to Liesel?  I know that sounds crazy and convoluted, but this is GH.

Please check my post above on the subject.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hater said:

Call me terrible, I didn't care for any of the Sonny reunion crap and yes this means Dante and Kristina. Just awful garbage.

you can be a cold dead fish with me :D

(LA was great how she cried though. it was awesome. but it meant nothing to me because she was crying for Sonny lol)

12 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Lightning should have struck Mooby when he yelled at Nina for wanting Carly to pay.  How many times has Mooby announced that somebody had to pay for something.  Hypocrite.  

honestly, whenever him, and his wife and his pet dog talk about payback vs. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS" i'm always wondering how they aren't dead.

12 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

If he remembers the Mike parts, then why does he not remember saying he didn't want to know who he was and liked being where he was?  

now it's being played off as "THEY didn't look for me, so I pushed it aside" which is bull. like. it never occurred to him once that he could have been considered dead so there was no reason to look for him?  I'm not excusing Nina's actions, but at least (as of now) she's owning her delusional poop. She wanted to hurt Carly. She didn't plan for it to go that far. then for whatever Godforsaken reason she started to fall in love with Mike. so then she wanted to keep that. It's deluded and selfish but hey she's admitting it and she wants to do better which is more than these murdering morons ever do. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Sonny was screaming at Nina at the grave site about her being responsible for his poor family grieving for him there. But, didn't they already do the funeral/headstone blah blah junk BEFORE Nina went to Nixon Falls and found "Mike " and kept the secret.

Yes, they sure did.  Nina actually went to the graveside and was trying to talk to Carly about seeing Wiley and Carly went ballistic on her. 

Also, double eyeroll at Sonny telling Nina had he known who he was he could've made all Phyllis and Lenny's money troubles go away in a blink, because he's just THAT MUCH MORE of a White Savior.  Shut up, Sonny.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, they sure did.  Nina actually went to the graveside and was trying to talk to Carly about seeing Wiley and Carly went ballistic on her. 

Also, double eyeroll at Sonny telling Nina had he known who he was he could've made all Phyllis and Lenny's money troubles go away in a blink, because he's just THAT MUCH MORE of a White Savior.  Shut up, Sonny.

That is what I thought. If Carly had been truthful with Nina about all the Nelle stuff and had given Nina a chance to see Wylie, then Nina would have never gone to Nixon Falls and met Sonny there. Nina should have never kept the secret about Sonny but Carly (and Jax) should have never kept the truth about Nelle being her daughter from Nina. And should have never tried to keep Wylie away from Nina. But where was all the outrage against Carly for withholding information? It could be argued that Carly set the whole thing in motion.But as always,  she will come out on top. And she will make Nina's life a living hell. And nary a word will be said about Carly's role in the fiasco.  I am not excusing Nina's behavior,  it was inexcusable,  but so was Carly's.  

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, drtslim said:

I'm starting to wonder, did Victor Cassadine somehow fake Britt's Huntington's Disease diagnosis as part of a long con to get to Liesel?  I know that sounds crazy and convoluted, but this is GH.

I would not put it past the GH writers.  If so, then I'm okay with it because I like Britt and I want her to stick around,

• Love 11

Scotty's manic fury about Sonny being alive was, as expected, a delight.  I also kinda loved that little salute he did in greeting Britt when he entered Maxie's and that she did something similar back, they have a nice rapport.

Speaking of nice rapports, Kathleen Gati and Charles Shaughnessy also have one, but I do wish Mr. Sheffield seemed a little more menacing, he's playing it a bit too jovially.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of nice rapports, Kathleen Gati and Charles Shaughnessy also have one, but I do wish Mr. Sheffield seemed a little more menacing, he's playing it a bit too jovially.

That was my worry when we found out he was cast as Victor Cassadine. He just seems too nice.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Am I remembering wrong or did Nina actually offer to help them financially?

• Love 2
On 9/24/2021 at 6:46 PM, drtslim said:

Trina continues to impress with her intelligence and compassion.  I know people on the internets want her to eventually join the PCPD, but she's too smart for them and would get dragged down.  The WSB's a better fit for her, lol!

Heh, the WSB isn't exactly on the ball, either. Look at how ineffective it's been with Peter. Trina needs to open a PI agency that gets actual results. (Ahem, Sam, Curtis, and Spin.)

On 9/24/2021 at 8:26 PM, TeeVee329 said:

It would be very GH to steer away from an actual medical story via an outlandish retcon.

Given how badly GH handles actual medical stories, it's probably for the best. They'll have to give Britt something, though, as her hand shakes have been made so obvious. Maybe it will be some sort of stress-related palsy. That wouldn't be so dumb.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:26 PM, ciarra said:

Sonny to Nina:  This is all your fault.  My family mourned me for nine months!

Me:  Uh, was Nina chasing Julian onto a rickety bridge to shoot him?

Me: How hard did you try to find out who you were?

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

she's admitting it and she wants to do better

I like that Nina isn't letting herself off the hook. She knows what she did was inexcusable and there isn't any way she can make up for it. I do wish she'd stop thinking of Mike as some sort of gentle lamb who is just the bestest guy ever. He might not have had the same hair-trigger temper as Sonny, but it was certainly there, and we saw examples of it. Mike is no prize as a love interest, Nina!

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do wish Mr. Sheffield seemed a little more menacing, he's playing it a bit too jovially.

Charles Shaughnessy has an intrinsic nice-guy vibe that doesn't work for Victor, though I like the actor a lot. It's kind of fun to see him try to be an evil Cassadine. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like that Nina isn't letting herself off the hook. She knows what she did was inexcusable and there isn't any way she can make up for it. I do wish she'd stop thinking of Mike as some sort of gentle lamb who is just the bestest guy ever. He might not have had the same hair-trigger temper as Sonny, but it was certainly there, and we saw examples of it. Mike is no prize as a love interest, Nina!

this is probably how they are planning to redeem her. simply owning her crap. She knows it was horrible. the reasons were horrible, and it just got away from her. which is a helll of a lot better than Sonny's crap. Nina flat out should have said something. (and honestly considering everything Carly put her through, I think even making her wait a week was perfect "revenge") - but i (regrettably) watched nine months of this BS, show. so yeah. Mike did nothing but whinge that no one was looking for him. Or that he'd look and maybe no one wanted him. or maybe his life sucked. or maybe. or maybe.. or maybe.... 

He was full of excuses why he didn't bother looking. When he was asked about knowing he said he didn't want to. When confronted about Nina lying to him, his reaction was basically to scream at Jax he gave zero poops, and then threw his father's watch away.  Basically, Mike/Sonny was a huge baby, and took no ownership and had no agency in finding out who he was, where he came from, and put the blame on everyone else. SO yeah, Nina should have told 100 percent. But Mike showed zero effort and zero interest in doing anything to help himself and he needs to own that. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Me: How hard did you try to find out who you were?

Seriously! He always knew this was possible, that someone was missing him. He (like Drew when he was amnesiac!Jason) didn't care. That's on him. Of course Sonny will take no responsibility, he never does.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Given how badly GH handles actual medical stories, it's probably for the best. They'll have to give Britt something, though, as her hand shakes have been made so obvious. Maybe it will be some sort of stress-related palsy. That wouldn't be so dumb.

I agree.  They could just call it a case of Illness Anxiety Disorder (formerly known as Hypochondriasis).  I diagnosed myself with several illnesses due to Medical Student Syndrome back in the day.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Have they said how Victor is alive? Did he get shot up with the same zombie juice as Stavros back in the Carlivati days? I legit thought Stavros and Helena were both going to get turned into glowing-eyed cryo-zombies in that last mess they had with Lulu, Dante, etc. at that clinic or whatever, where they just missed Robin and Faceless Recast pre-Billy Miller Jason and when Robert Kelker-Kelly had unwisely shaved off his beard.

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Charles Shaughnessy has an intrinsic nice-guy vibe that doesn't work for Victor, though I like the actor a lot. It's kind of fun to see him try to be an evil Cassadine. 

He already has played a villain, though (although he seemed more gray than black hat) as Drew Donovan, Shane's identical twin brother, on Days Of Our Lives (and had just reprised Drew on the Beyond Salem week-long Days spinoff on Peacock!).

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 9/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, Gam2 said:

I thought the whole NF story with “Mike” and Nina and Phyllis/Lenny was too unrealistic even for GH. However, I did like the softer version of Sonny being Mike. I didn’t realize how much I liked it until today when he was YELLING all of the time at Nina. He obviously cannot remember his lines. He must be hard to act with although some of the actresses seem to cope better than others. I’m ready for this actor to depart.

Same here.  MB surprises me that he plays Sonny this way. The yelling at Nina is really awful. Yet the character has been central to show for years. I know so many LONG TIME viewers that ditched show when the mob stuff took over. Sonny can stay but the mob stuff and the misogyny is terrible.

• Love 3

When Sonny was Lumberjack Sonny- I mean Mike- he said he didn't want to remember, that he sensed he wasn't a good person (correct), and that he didn't care about going back.    

Like Nina's not off the hook for other reasons, but how is that not mainly on him.  Isn't that what everyone praises brain damaged Jason over, for being such a new man?  Seriously, did I miss something else from the story?

• Love 7