Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

They interlap the conversations. basically it's "DO IT, because you won't know if you don't try." nice romantic-y music. They bump into each other again, and Chase and terry split. They awkwardly talk about trivia.... and Finn asks her out! Liz is like YAH! OKAY! AWKWARD BABY LOVE SMILES. Liz drags terry off. Chase has a big goofy grin. THIS WAS THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW!!

YES!!!!!  I'm getting my Fizz and probably ChaseLynn too. This darn show knows how to keep me coming back. Finn and Liz were like junior high school kids, and it was very sweet and cute, just like Liz dragging Terry off at the end - I have a strong feeling that was ad-libbed on Becky's part. If so, nice touch.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Peetah is looking pretty chipper for a guy who just got shot and jumped off an embankment.  Do the writers even remember that?

That was pretty bad. He wasn’t even grimacing or any pain. I wasn’t expecting him to still be wet but in a little pain would help. Peter and this too long character is so stupid.  

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Secondly, I was surprised by Maxie’s automatic thought to tell Carly thus throwing Nina under the bus. I thought she was all about the sisterhood with Nina & Britt. What happened?

Well literally after Maxie made that pact with Nina and Britt, they both disappeared in her time of need as her 500th month pregnancy was winding down and she needed a plan (even if it was a stupid one) to protect her baby from getting into Peter's hands. That's how she ended up agreeing to Brooklynn's plan because Maxie had no one else that she could have confided in.

Granted Britt has a valid excuse as Cyrus had just ordered her death and she was on the run. Nina had none.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well literally after Maxie made that pact with Nina and Britt, they both disappeared in her time of need as her 500th month pregnancy was winding down and she needed a plan (even if it was a stupid one) to protect her baby from getting into Peter's hands. That's how she ended up agreeing to Brooklynn's plan because Maxie had no one else that she could have confided in.

Granted Britt has a valid excuse as Cyrus had just ordered her death and she was on the run. Nina had none.

But it's not as if she's holding a grudge over that, at least not the way the show has portrayed it. Maxie has had plenty of scenes with Nina since and didn't seem to have an issue with her, in fact she confided her big secret about Louise to her. When Nina confessed what she did, Maxie was pretty cool about it and vowed they were still family. So for her to go to Carly to blab about this - all because of freakin' Joss of all people - makes no sense.

• Love 10

In the description for tomorrow it says:

Spoiler

Maxie encourages everyone to lead with compassion.

So I think she's probably trying to be the one to break it to Carly in as pro-Nina a way as she possibly can. No one can defuse Carly though -- I don't know why Maxie would try.

Meanwhile, have we discussed the HoYay! between Nicholas and Spencer? Nicholas practically smolders at his son. It rivals Luke and Ethan. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Obviously Nina has no leg to stand on, but I still hope that, when Carly eventually screechily confronts her, Nina remembers to tell Carly that she would have told her day one if Carly hadn't been such a nasty, snarling B to her on the phone.

Agree, and while it's not the place to neener-neener, Nina (heh) also needs to remind Carly that Carly didn't tell Nina about Nelle. A tiny bit of historical perspective would be welcome here, though of course it won't happen because a mighty Corinthos was the one harmed, and their pain always takes precedence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

Peetah is looking pretty chipper for a guy who just got shot and jumped off an embankment.  Do the writers even remember that?

Did this jerk swim from Pennsylvania to Cassadine Island?

He left his phone behind when he jumped to what I hoped was his death for a while.

Peter reminds me of a Jack-in-the-Box. 

I started watching yesterday's episode. I only saw that Chase went to the barber (take note CD and go get your greasy hair cut), and that Yuri is back.

I think I can skip the rest.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina (heh) also needs to remind Carly that Carly didn't tell Nina about Nelle. A tiny bit of historical perspective would be welcome here, though of course it won't happen because a mighty Corinthos was the one harmed, and their pain always takes precedence.

Even if she does remind her, Carly will snarl "SO THIS WAS PAYBACK?  YOU KEPT SONNY AWAY FROM HIS CHILDREN OVER SOMETHING SO PETTY?"  And then a hellmouth should open and swallow her up, but it won't, and Nina will stammer and look shamed and then Joss will storm in and talk about how affected SHE was, and then a line will form out the door of everyone in town to beat up on Nina.

• Love 7

Today's Journey
preparing for a lot of raging. I just have this feelin' in my soul

Crete
Anna and Valentine are at a tavern, and they are like "let's drink and stop sleuthing." Valentine is saying how Anna rejected him for his looks (Anna said that didn't happen - Val says IN MY MIND). but it drove him to be Cassadine in body and soul, and he wanted to be powerful, strong for Anna, but it was a burden. 

Valentine is like I'm free from Helena, 2 beautiful daughters, but we're sooo messy. And I want to chase you, and I like being around you. Anna is like that's enough booze. Anna goes are you trying to make me drunk? Val is like, if you think me handsome now, wait until you have a buzz LOL

Val says you are guarded, Anna is like I'm trying to be a pro. Val is like tonight i'm telling you everything, tomorrow you can pretend it didn't happen. 

Val says your turn to drink + talk.  Anna says that she missed him and what they were. She messed it up. But when everything happened and he came back there was a problem. She likes him. And she doens't want to. And it gets worse. She thinks in a way Val understands her better than anyone else (minus Robert), but he's the gold solider. He never sold out like the both of them. She looks down at herself when she's with Robert. Val goes, Charlotte's birth changed him. Anna was the second.

They admit they see each other.... (my mom interrupted me... i think they kiss? please tell me they kiss - rewind is your friend. - THEY KISS! woohoo!).  They admit they kiss good. Anna is like we need to sober it up. Val is like i wanna talk about your socks. Val passes out LOL

==============

Drew is handcuffed. (they are smart these people). Oho! Lisel! She is like YOU ARE ALIVE?! She's like it's been years, and Drew is like oh you're not the reason why I'm here? Who captured you?

Lisel is like, if I captured you it would be a better place LOL. Drew was like i don't want you treating me, you were evil! Lisel is like teehee, i'm not your issue. I'll tell you who is capturing you. 

Drew explains his capture. Lisel goes Peter captured you. Drew's brain explodes from this information. Lisel explains the Maxie/Peter situation. Drew said I thought Maxie had better taste. (more recaps about the Maxie/Peter past). lol. Drew is like "as one does." when learning about the Louise kidnapping. then admits that Victor is alive. More recap and now here we are. 

Drew has no idea why Victor working with Peter. What is he getting from it?

Millowtonin
They are blowing smoke Wiley's butt about being picasso. Yuri bought Wiley treats. Nina shows up. Millowtonin ... oh hey wait, it's a new Wiley!  - anyway Millowtonin look at each other.

this is boring. basically hug gramma, willow speaking for the kid. etc. they got back together, second chance, sonny is home. Michael wants to know if Nina is here for good or is a quicky visit. 

Nina is TBD if she's staying in PC. She stops trying to small talk, and says I have to tell you something. (omnious music). nina stalls and goes thanks for letting me into wiley's life. and they are wiley's parents. Nina is blowing smoke up their asses now about being kind and decent people. Nina admits the Jax blackmail and thanks them for the chance. She's grateful.  Willow is giving Nina some stinky-eye.

Michael is like "you helped us with the custody hearing and badmouthed nelle." NIna goes "I didn't even know he was my grandson. Michael has the audacity to go "I wonder what you would have said if you had known he was your grandson/Nelle was your daughter."  and he ha sthis grin on his face. (SHUT. UP and I want to punch you in the face).  Nina said she just wanted to do the right thing.

Nina .. wow doesn't say anything to Millowtonin.but they leave her alone with Wiley. Nina is soaking up Wileytime. I think they recasted this kid because he talks more than other wiley. 

CasaMobster
Joss is throwing Righteous Bitch Face and saying Maxie has stuff to tell Carly. Maxie is like she has two minds. one that it's none of her business so she should shut up (I am with this mind), and one that as Sonny's wife, Carly should know. (shut up Maxie). 

Carly is like speed it up. Joss is like Speed it up, you aren't helping my mom. (shut up Joss) Maxie blurts out Nina knew for months that Sonny was alive. activate Righteous Bitch Face from Carly. 

Joss is like. wait Nina knew and starts acting like Carly complete with finger points and head shags and all "She hid him when I picked up my Dad? She put my mom through hell?" Carly hushes her up and then goes tell me  what she knew and when she knew, and when YOU knew. Maxie's trying to explain this and says I didn't know when i was planning your wedding, and Nina came and talked to me and said she was remorseful, and said it was a mistake. Carly goes a mistake? is that what we're calling it? (oh lord give me strength).

Maxie recaps the situation. Carly is like Nina was so floored she couldn't call me. Maxie points out that she did call her but then Carly and Nina got into some kind of argument. Carly looks like she got punched in the stomach. JOSS explodes "So wait?! THIS IS My MOM'S FAULT?! NINA PUT MY MOM THROUGH HELL, THAT"S CRAP!". (Eden is legit channeling Laura here - acting wise, it's awesome. but seriously. shut the eff up Joss). . Carly is breathing hard and is looking red in the face. 

Joss goes I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at Nina, how dare she. It sounds like you are excusing it.  Maxie goes, I'm not defending her, and I'm not excusing her. I have empathyI'VE  been in many situations where I covinced myself out of fear,pain anger that how I was acting was okay. I'M not not in a situation to judge her ARE YOU CARLY?! (Carly has indignant bitch face going on. I legit went. hohooohooohooo Maxie, finally calls Carly on her crap)

Carly: I've done some terrible, questionable things. But it doesn't justify what Nina did. She stole Sonny's life for months. For what? Out of spite?! She took Sonny's free will and watched his family grieved. So no. Screw Nina.  (OH MY FREAKING GOD BITCH, PLEASE). 

Maxie says I still love Nina. Carly basically goes ducky, but this was Nina's choice and Nina has to deal with the consequences. Maxie looks shocked pikachu that Carly says this. Joss looks teary faced as Carly storms off

Cemetery
Sonny tells jason you don't have to grieve anymore. (I'm grieving that you didn't die). More recapping the past. Sonny is like hehe, you blew them up. They like Ms Wu.  They are celebrating that they got away with murder. Sonny is like we have to come up with a strategy. He's a winner. he can't be touched and that bastard Cyrus will be sipping his coffee fuming about that. Jason's like, um yeah, then we need to talk. 

Jason brings up bipolar and wants to know how Sonny is doing. Sonny was like yeah. Phyllis was a nurse she helped me. Jason says it was a blessing, but you need to see your shrink.

Sonny says sorry for making you go through this. Jason goes. "It's not your fault." Sonny agrees and goes "Yah it was Nina's." (NO. NOOO. NOO. YOU ADMIT THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING YOU DISGUSTING GREASY MOBSTER). 

Jason is like Nina who? Sonny gives the recap. Jason is indigant. Sonny is like it's complicated. Jason "WE WENT THROUGH HELL!! Nina knew and didn't say anything?!" Sonny goes i'm angry. Jason goes. Not angry enough. (Looks up for lightning strikes). 

Show Ends:
Anna puts Val to bed. We see a close up of a tattoo. . Anna talks to someone at the bar, and he has the same Tattoo. 

Lisel and Drew are wondering what Peter has that Victor wants. 

Sonny is like yah she screwed up but she lost Nelle . Sonny doesn't see the point of hating her. And he doesn't want to be angry. He needs to talk to the shrink about that. Jason goes Good idea. 

Carly shows up at the Q's. Carly says "You stole Sonny's life. Bitch you're gonna Pay."

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

@Daisy - Thanks for the recaps - especially for those of us without cable who have to wait until weeks later to view on ABC.COM.

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly shows up at the Q's. Carly says "You stole Sonny's life. Bitch you're gonna Pay."

Perfect venue to speak about revenge. 

• Love 6
Just now, sunnyface said:

@Daisy - Thanks for the recaps - especially for those of us without cable who have to wait until weeks later to view on ABC.COM.

aww you are welcome. 

1 minute ago, sunnyface said:

a miracle would be Monica hearing Carly getting all self-righteous and claps her back down to earth. 

• Love 9

Willow and Michael tongue-bathing each other, then Nina tongue-bathing them was just beyond nauseating. Has anyone missed those two or Wylie? 

Why is Yuri playing butler and nanny? I like Yuri, but let the man retain some dignity.

Someone should clock Joss. Snarly Jr, take a seat. If your mother wasn't in attack mode all the time, she would have found out that Sonny was alive the second Nina set foot inside the Tan-O. 

And Maxie, how disappointing that you sold out your family. I wonder if she enjoyed being yelled at by those two Pitbull. 

Also, Maxie's fake eyelashes were especially brutal today and Carly's looked like spider legs as per usual.

Jason wanting Sonny to be angrier at Nina is so healthy!

And while Nina was totally in the wrong for keeping Sonny a secret, I hope she scratched Carly's eyes out. But that won't happen because Carly has to win against every woman. So, year.

Enjoyed the Drew/Leisl scenes. I like how she just gleefully talks about killing Peter. She is me and I am her.

The Anna/Valentin scenes were good, although I've been wondering if those two aren't gonna be joining Drew, Leisl and mystery woman in those cells very soon. I thought their ouzo was spiked, tbh.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Have to go somewhere, but just wanted to comment that I didn't hate it. *runs away* Will say more later.

LOVED every single bit of Anna and Valentin. 

actually today was great soap 

• Love 4

Holy crap, I know we say Joss is a mini-Carly but today she actually BECAME a mini-Carly.  Like, it was uncanny.  I could truly believe these two are mother and daughter, the voice, the mannerisms, everything.  As much as Joss is an annoying twit most of the time, I gotta give credit to Eden today.  Laura Wright was pretty good too, I was kinda worried she was going to actually throw up there for a while.

LOVED everything Anna and Valentin.  What’s with the matching tattoos?  Siblings?  Former spy fraternity??  Was Valentin drugged?  I would think he could handle his liquor better than that.

It was kind of funny that for once Jason was the one all bent out of shape and Sonny was just like “Meh.  Stuff happens.  It’s complicated.”  I would love for him to keep this up but we’ll see.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 9

I see that the writers are making sure that there is enough room under the bus for Maxie as well as Nina.

"Wylie is going to be the next Picasso." Shut up, Michael. Can't you just let the kid play and have fun without putting the burden of expectations on him?

Looking at the three of Willow, Michael and Wylie, they're the poster children for white privilege.

This endless recapping of what happened while Sonny was gone is past ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

"So Peter went extreme as they say ... not that I haven't been there myself." Perfect line deliver from KG.

"There was a whole interstitial..." "To kill Peter as he so richly deserved."  I'm impressed by the writing for Obreht today.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Maxie goes, I'm not defending her, and I'm not excusing her. I have empathyI'VE  been in many situations where I covinced myself out of fear,pain anger that how I was acting was okay. I'M not not in a situation to judge her ARE YOU CARLY?! (Carly has indignant bitch face going on. I legit went. hohooohooohooo Maxie, finally calls Carly on her crap)

Carly's expression was "How dare you talk about anything I've ever done wrong." Nice acting by LW but it makes me hate Carly even more.

This non-stop pandering to the CarJaSon fans is really annoying. I really don't enjoy people yelling at other people, especially when it's as pot, kettle, black as Carly and Sonny are.

16 hours ago, ciarra said:

I can only conclude that Peter is not human. He sneaked into Port Charles from Legends of Tomorrow or Wynona Earp, someplace where non-humans abound.

1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

It is. But remember what show this is so it's never going to happen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I'm loving a drunken, amorous Valentin.

Today's lesson: good writing along with good actors can create a believable, adult flirtation/relationship.

Today's grievance: In what universe does a grown-ass woman get marched before Carly by an 18-year old who announces, "Maxie has something to tell you," as if Maxie were a naughty toddler who ate all the cookies?

• Love 24
1 hour ago, rur said:

Today's grievance: In what universe does a grown-ass woman get marched before Carly by an 18-year old who announces, "Maxie has something to tell you," as if Maxie were a naughty toddler who ate all the cookies?

What a fucking brat!  "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at Nina, but I gotta say IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE DEFENDING HER!"  Joss has zero empathy, just like her mother.  And, *I've* gotta say: this is the exact same way she treated Cam when he dared to not kiss Jason's ass.  Truly, she's so unlikable.  Like mother, like daughter.

Speaking of, Carly actually spitting out that Nina kept a secret "because it suited her."  How, how, HOW does lightning not continuing just strike her 24/7?  Jesus.

Sonny agreeing how nothing is his fault--god, he's such a shit. 

Valentin and Anna/Drew and Liesl were the high points of this episode.  The former are hot as hell and I can't believe how much I'm enjoying CM as Drew.  He's really got a good handle on how he's playing this role.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 18

I want Nina to clap back - "You know, yes. my lie made you and your children mourn for Sonny. at least you had a chance to mourn, had it been for you I would still be searching for my daughter that you decided I didn't have a right to know about and grieve her properly."

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

I'M not not in a situation to judge her ARE YOU CARLY?!

When Maxie said that I literally jumped for joy and said O SNAP!!!!

Val and Anna’s drunken makeout was... kinda hot.  But then dumb Anna has to tell some shady rando exactly where she left Valentin and that she’ll be gone all night.  🙄

BTW they re-cast Wiley because the last one looked like Lyndon B Johnson *hides*

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Carly's expression was "How dare you talk about anything I've ever done wrong." Nice acting by LW but it makes me hate Carly even more.

Oh ya, LW went full mamma beaver today, but she was great, it is great to hate a character because of good acting.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

"She hid him when I picked up my Dad?

Has Sonny not told his famliy where he was exactly yet? He stayed up all night talking to his kids and he never said he was in Nixon Falls? Then Joss would have said, hey my Dad was there. I know Sonny knows Jax was there so was probably avoiding saying where he was, but wouldn't that seem weird to not tell his family the name of the town he had been living in for 9 months.

I admit I totally forget the part where Phylis took Mike to a Dr and got meds. But unless he was under ongoing care of this Dr (and why wasn't this Dr helping him find out who he was), then he wasn't getting proper mental health care. I am glad Jason brought that up today. I know this show retcons everything but I don't think it will be that much of a retcon that Sonny now has a manic phase because he wasn't under psychiatric care for 9 months,

• Love 4

Today was very soapy. I'm wondering if Sonny's non-anger will lead to conflict with Carly. ( I mean, his return was soooo anti-climactic) if Carly wants to punish Nina by denying access to Wiley, ( because using kids as weapons is kind of Carly's go-to) will Sonny stick up for Nina? 

I liked Drew and Leisl... And the writers remembered Drew only knew her as a villain, they played well off each other. 

Edited by sacrebleu
Auto correct
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Wyley is going to grow up as out of control as Spencer at the rate Willow and Michael OMG over his every move. 

Maxie sold out Nina? And she stood there as even Joss was snappy with her? I mean good for her that she pointed out Carly's made mistakes but what the fuck?

I'm enjoying Anna and Valentin. Drew's comments about villain Liesl were entertaining enough.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was also impressed with EM's channeling of Mini Carly because I felt a similar visceral reaction to her in those scenes.

• Love 6

Laura is a good actress, it's nothing against her, but the character of Carly is repugnant and repulsive and I just can't.  I wish they would kill her off.  I am hoping Nina kicks her ass, but I'm sure that won't be permitted.

omg Valentine and Anna, that actually looked real.  And is there anyone Stuart doesn't have wild chemistry with?  That guy is amazing.  Of course, Finola is no slouch, but she didn't have chem with Fin like that.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Today's Journey
preparing for a lot of raging. I just have this feelin' in my soul

Crete
Anna and Valentine are at a tavern, and they are like "let's drink and stop sleuthing." Valentine is saying how Anna rejected him for his looks (Anna said that didn't happen - Val says IN MY MIND). but it drove him to be Cassadine in body and soul, and he wanted to be powerful, strong for Anna, but it was a burden. 

Valentine is like I'm free from Helena, 2 beautiful daughters, but we're sooo messy. And I want to chase you, and I like being around you. Anna is like that's enough booze. Anna goes are you trying to make me drunk? Val is like, if you think me handsome now, wait until you have a buzz LOL

Val says you are guarded, Anna is like I'm trying to be a pro. Val is like tonight i'm telling you everything, tomorrow you can pretend it didn't happen. 

Val says your turn to drink + talk.  Anna says that she missed him and what they were. She messed it up. But when everything happened and he came back there was a problem. She likes him. And she doens't want to. And it gets worse. She thinks in a way Val understands her better than anyone else (minus Robert), but he's the gold solider. He never sold out like the both of them. She looks down at herself when she's with Robert. Val goes, Charlotte's birth changed him. Anna was the second.

They admit they see each other.... (my mom interrupted me... i think they kiss? please tell me they kiss - rewind is your friend. - THEY KISS! woohoo!).  They admit they kiss good. Anna is like we need to sober it up. Val is like i wanna talk about your socks. Val passes out LOL

==============

Drew is handcuffed. (they are smart these people). Oho! Lisel! She is like YOU ARE ALIVE?! She's like it's been years, and Drew is like oh you're not the reason why I'm here? Who captured you?

Lisel is like, if I captured you it would be a better place LOL. Drew was like i don't want you treating me, you were evil! Lisel is like teehee, i'm not your issue. I'll tell you who is capturing you. 

Drew explains his capture. Lisel goes Peter captured you. Drew's brain explodes from this information. Lisel explains the Maxie/Peter situation. Drew said I thought Maxie had better taste. (more recaps about the Maxie/Peter past). lol. Drew is like "as one does." when learning about the Louise kidnapping. then admits that Victor is alive. More recap and now here we are. 

Drew has no idea why Victor working with Peter. What is he getting from it?

Millowtonin
They are blowing smoke Wiley's butt about being picasso. Yuri bought Wiley treats. Nina shows up. Millowtonin ... oh hey wait, it's a new Wiley!  - anyway Millowtonin look at each other.

this is boring. basically hug gramma, willow speaking for the kid. etc. they got back together, second chance, sonny is home. Michael wants to know if Nina is here for good or is a quicky visit. 

Nina is TBD if she's staying in PC. She stops trying to small talk, and says I have to tell you something. (omnious music). nina stalls and goes thanks for letting me into wiley's life. and they are wiley's parents. Nina is blowing smoke up their asses now about being kind and decent people. Nina admits the Jax blackmail and thanks them for the chance. She's grateful.  Willow is giving Nina some stinky-eye.

Michael is like "you helped us with the custody hearing and badmouthed nelle." NIna goes "I didn't even know he was my grandson. Michael has the audacity to go "I wonder what you would have said if you had known he was your grandson/Nelle was your daughter."  and he ha sthis grin on his face. (SHUT. UP and I want to punch you in the face).  Nina said she just wanted to do the right thing.

Nina .. wow doesn't say anything to Millowtonin.but they leave her alone with Wiley. Nina is soaking up Wileytime. I think they recasted this kid because he talks more than other wiley. 

CasaMobster
Joss is throwing Righteous Bitch Face and saying Maxie has stuff to tell Carly. Maxie is like she has two minds. one that it's none of her business so she should shut up (I am with this mind), and one that as Sonny's wife, Carly should know. (shut up Maxie). 

Carly is like speed it up. Joss is like Speed it up, you aren't helping my mom. (shut up Joss) Maxie blurts out Nina knew for months that Sonny was alive. activate Righteous Bitch Face from Carly. 

Joss is like. wait Nina knew and starts acting like Carly complete with finger points and head shags and all "She hid him when I picked up my Dad? She put my mom through hell?" Carly hushes her up and then goes tell me  what she knew and when she knew, and when YOU knew. Maxie's trying to explain this and says I didn't know when i was planning your wedding, and Nina came and talked to me and said she was remorseful, and said it was a mistake. Carly goes a mistake? is that what we're calling it? (oh lord give me strength).

Maxie recaps the situation. Carly is like Nina was so floored she couldn't call me. Maxie points out that she did call her but then Carly and Nina got into some kind of argument. Carly looks like she got punched in the stomach. JOSS explodes "So wait?! THIS IS My MOM'S FAULT?! NINA PUT MY MOM THROUGH HELL, THAT"S CRAP!". (Eden is legit channeling Laura here - acting wise, it's awesome. but seriously. shut the eff up Joss). . Carly is breathing hard and is looking red in the face. 

Joss goes I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at Nina, how dare she. It sounds like you are excusing it.  Maxie goes, I'm not defending her, and I'm not excusing her. I have empathyI'VE  been in many situations where I covinced myself out of fear,pain anger that how I was acting was okay. I'M not not in a situation to judge her ARE YOU CARLY?! (Carly has indignant bitch face going on. I legit went. hohooohooohooo Maxie, finally calls Carly on her crap)

Carly: I've done some terrible, questionable things. But it doesn't justify what Nina did. She stole Sonny's life for months. For what? Out of spite?! She took Sonny's free will and watched his family grieved. So no. Screw Nina.  (OH MY FREAKING GOD BITCH, PLEASE). 

Maxie says I still love Nina. Carly basically goes ducky, but this was Nina's choice and Nina has to deal with the consequences. Maxie looks shocked pikachu that Carly says this. Joss looks teary faced as Carly storms off

Cemetery
Sonny tells jason you don't have to grieve anymore. (I'm grieving that you didn't die). More recapping the past. Sonny is like hehe, you blew them up. They like Ms Wu.  They are celebrating that they got away with murder. Sonny is like we have to come up with a strategy. He's a winner. he can't be touched and that bastard Cyrus will be sipping his coffee fuming about that. Jason's like, um yeah, then we need to talk. 

Jason brings up bipolar and wants to know how Sonny is doing. Sonny was like yeah. Phyllis was a nurse she helped me. Jason says it was a blessing, but you need to see your shrink.

Sonny says sorry for making you go through this. Jason goes. "It's not your fault." Sonny agrees and goes "Yah it was Nina's." (NO. NOOO. NOO. YOU ADMIT THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING YOU DISGUSTING GREASY MOBSTER). 

Jason is like Nina who? Sonny gives the recap. Jason is indigant. Sonny is like it's complicated. Jason "WE WENT THROUGH HELL!! Nina knew and didn't say anything?!" Sonny goes i'm angry. Jason goes. Not angry enough. (Looks up for lightning strikes). 

Show Ends:
Anna puts Val to bed. We see a close up of a tattoo. . Anna talks to someone at the bar, and he has the same Tattoo. 

Lisel and Drew are wondering what Peter has that Victor wants. 

Sonny is like yah she screwed up but she lost Nelle . Sonny doesn't see the point of hating her. And he doesn't want to be angry. He needs to talk to the shrink about that. Jason goes Good idea. 

I would spring for a pay per view event if they had a knock down drag out death match where Nina loses her shit and completely beats the living hell out of Shebeast.  Specially if they threw Shebeast Jr. in for yucks.

• Love 8

The Vanna (?!) kiss was hot. This can only mean he and/or she will be kidnapped and they will now be separated. Why was Anna telling the musician that Valentin was passed out and she was going to the hospital. Um, has she ever heard of leaving a note?

Carly and Joss were both showing serious shewolf fangs. I hope Sonny ends up telling Carly to back off, thus making Carly's head explode. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 13
On 9/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, Blackie said:

I know this show retcons everything but I don't think it will be that much of a retcon that Sonny now has a manic phase because he wasn't under psychiatric care for 9 months,

Of course he'll have a manic phase -- how could he possibly be denied an Emmy if he played two characters AND demonstrated bipolar symptoms in the same story? (/snark)

Edited by rur
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

What’s with the matching tattoos?

4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

But then dumb Anna has to tell some shady rando

That's the Cassadine crest tattoo.  Whoever this guy is, he's a Cassadine.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 21-07-32 general hospital cassadine crest tattoo - Swagbucks Search.png

I think the bar in "Crete" looked a lot like the one in "Turkey", and I expected Dev to come strolling out to steal a wallet.

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

CasaMobster

I legit don't get why Maxie felt she had to do this. Sonny knows what Nina did. He told Jason today and chances are he was going to tell Carly, too, so it's not like this was going to be some horrible secret that Maxie was going to have to sit on for the rest of her life. All she had to do was nothing let it come out on its own.

I couldn't even watch the Maxie/Carly/Joss scenes; just seeing the expressions on Colonel Harpy and Lieutenant Colonel Harpy as I ff'd was more than enough.

• Love 12

Drew all battered and bruised but his beard looks amazing. I need to get to that spa for a touch up. CM is doing okay and seems gamed for anything. I am curious if he and Sam will hook up. I guess we’d have to see if there is any chemistry with him and KM which doesn’t sound promising. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm really enjoying CM as Drew, way more than I did the previous actor. CM seems into it.

I also love Liesl and her bloodthirst for Peter - right there with ya, girl.

And I'm really glad I PVR the show so I can fast forward through Carly/Sonny stuff. I'm just not in the mood to see the crap-all-over-Nina-show when Carly/Sonny are even more repugnant. I love how no one seems to give a crap Jason killed two people. But no, it's Nina who's done the unforgivable.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

actually today was great soap 

And I think that's why I liked it. I mean, Anna and Val along with Liesl and Drew (who I'm not hating, so kudos to CM) were the definite highlights, but as much as enraging as the scene in the non-Moss kitchen was, it was both good soap and well acted. I am not a fan of LW behind the scenes. But she killed it today. I liked having Joss take the lead on being angry because Carly was too enraged to speak. It worked really well. 

7 hours ago, rur said:

Today's lesson: good writing along with good actors can create a believable, adult flirtation/relationship.

Kate Hall wrote today's episode. It doesn't surprise me that she wrote Val and Anna so sexy and adult. Take a lesson, Finn and Liz. 

5 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

BTW they re-cast Wiley because the last one looked like Lyndon B Johnson *hides*

Lol. They actually recast Wiley because the family moved to France. Thank you, Twitter and Instagram. What's funny is the kid playing the new Wiley actually played James previously.

3 hours ago, CeChase said:

omg Valentine and Anna, that actually looked real.  And is there anyone Stuart doesn't have wild chemistry with?  That guy is amazing.  Of course, Finola is no slouch, but she didn't have chem with Fin like that.   

Because Finn doesn't have sexual chem. He doesn't come off sexy in the slightest. Rather, the exact opposite.

Previews: LOL that Ava still hasn't left town. And I guess they're still not letting JaBritt go just yet, even though I was their biggest fan and I'm telling them to.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Was nuWiley getting as creeped out by Nina as I was? He was not feeling her at all. Granted, he’s only 4 but kids either like you or they don’t. LOL!!!! I’m sure in a  month or two he’ll be an old veteran. He’s even at age that he could stay in the role for a while and age a little bit. I always like when they let them age in real time for as long as possible. I think KM and CG (Y&R) played their roles the longest starting at a young age and become teens. Although, they eventually did kill CG off which was a tear jerker storyline but dumb overall.  Anyhoo! Welcome to Port Charles nuWiley. 

That exposition dump with Dr. O and Drew was fun, Kathleen Gati infused it with some bounce and I kinda like that Cameron Mathinson is playing Drew as a normal person in a soapy world with all the "Huh?" and "The hell?" reactions.

Carly whining about Nina stealing Sonny's life...wasn't she just an accessory to two murders like 48 hours ago?  I hope Nina just kills her, I mean, what does she have to lose.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I love how no one seems to give a crap Jason killed two people. But no, it's Nina who's done the unforgivable.

Yeah, but if Nina hadn't kept Sonny hidden away for months, then Sonny would have been home (without his memory, mind you), Carly and Jason wouldn't have married and discovered feewings and their wuv for each other and they wouldn't have had to blow up the two dumb mobsters.

See how things work? There's someone they can use as a scapegoat for everything.

Also, having a fight at someone else's home is so very tacky and the height of trailer trash. But this is how Carly rolls. 

I'm also pretty sure Carly is pissed at Nina not just because she kept the Sonny secret, but because Carly is in love with Jason now and she can't take a ride on his pony. It must really suck being all giddy for it 20 years later only to have it snatched before it finally happens.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11

LOL that the picture of "Crete" is a tiny island. It's one of the largest in Greece!

NuWiley looks uncomfortable on camera, and it makes me uncomfortable to watch him.

Yuri might have a big crush on Nina, and I kind of dig it.

I'm so bummed I hate Willow now, because I liked her a lot before she hooked up with Michael. She has no mind of her own anymore. All she does is say how great Michael is. UGH. He's not.

"We don't have to talk about me all night; we can talk about you. What do you think of me?" Hee. It's super cheesy, but it works. The whole Valentin/Anna stuff was really well done on every level.

I enjoyed the exposition dump from Liesl. I'd forgotten some of the details and it was good to get it all explained again. I had to laugh when I saw that Drew had written Scout's name on the wall. What a contrast to Jason, who rarely remembers he has kids.

The NotMoss-Kitchen stuff was enraging, but also well done. The graveyard stuff was okay. "It was Nina's fault." I was glad Sonny tried to give Nina's actions some nuance, but it also would have been nice if he'd said he decided not to look too hard into who he was. But that would mean Sonny had to take responsibility for his actions, and maybe the graveyard wasn't the place for that kind of longer discussion. 

Overall, though, this ep was good, solid soap. We don't get to say that too often.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I also love Liesl and her bloodthirst for Peter - right there with ya, girl.

Why were you going to St. Lucia?

To kill Peter, of course.

Own it, my lady!

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Anyhoo! Welcome to Port Charles nuWiley. 

It's twins--I wonder if we'll see a difference between the two, re their comfort level.  Also makes me wonder how long the twins will share the role of Avery.

11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why were you going to St. Lucia?

To kill Peter, of course.

Own it, my lady!

That was hilarious because I wasn't expecting her to say that. I was waiting for her to talk about medical conference and Scott. LOL.

11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also makes me wonder how long the twins will share the role of Avery.

The twins have other work going on so I wonder if Avery will be SORASed at some point in the near future.

• Love 1