Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, superdeluxe said:

He gleefully plotted Dante’s murder.  Gleefully.  That’s why I’ve never liked Spinelli.

Yes. I don't remember much of the details, but this sounds pretty familiar.

Is Jason going to pay for the damage to the church I hope? And this so easily could have gone awry. There definitely could have been collateral damage. What if Monica had accidentally been in the line of fire? Assholes.

• Love 6

~sidebar~

This wedding has rekindled AJ thoughts for me. I absolutely hate how so many legacy characters are written out, killed off on this show. But AJ? Alan Jr.? Ugh. The only bio child of Monica and Alan? Lucky? Lucas? Such a disappointment.

I guess I am attached to legacy characters and families like the Qs, Baldwin, Webber, etc. Reminds me of the days when the shows were so much better.

Also, When are we getting our Stuart Damon tribute episode?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

What did he say? I must have missed it.

It was a couple of weeks ago, Dr. Roger Howarth had a conversation with Carly and said something about taking over Lucas' (who?) job.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, rur said:

And, now that he's returned to PC with gray hair, does that mean we'll finally have an end to Sonny's black black hair and gray beard, or was he going up the stairs to the bathroom to get his bottle of Just for Men in the last shot?

I thought he was going upstairs to take a colossal dump in his own crapper, so he can arrive in the bedroom after Jarlysex.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It was so weird, knowing there are guards everywhere. No one stopped him at the gate? Nobody thought of calling Jason and Carly? Texting? Nothing? Your boss has been dead for months, his wife just married his their BFF and enforcer extraordinaire. No one told him that Jason and Carly were getting hitched.

I bet they're not even at the house. They're probably at the MC. There's no way Sonny interrupts the sex. Soap gods don't love this part of the fandom all that much, plus Carly gets to be called a bitch and a whore because that's how Sonny rolls.

The same thing happened when Jason returned to town. He managed to get past the guards and get into Sonny's house without anyone knowing

9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm so glad I have this place to come to and say how disgusting this show is now lol. Everyone on Twitter is rooting for them to be screwing and then Sonny walks in. Like, I can't keep my food down. Why are you actively wishing for me to vomit? Fuck them all. 

And fuck Ms. Wu. Like the town doesn't do enough propping? Wishing them well. Shut up.

The only decent part was Anna and Valentin finally showing up. The entire rest and every single other character was trash. I really hate such a large portion of this cast. I'm not forgiving Chase for forgiving Millow. Can one single character be written the way I want? Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

To add the the aspect of the characters' actions and motivations , it occurred to me that most of the characters on this show act like caricatures of themselves.  There are a few that are true to themselves, but while watching an episode over the weekend, it felt like I was watching a cartoon.  

• Love 1

Yes what Nina did was wrong, but for Sonny to back her into a door and scream in her face at a time when she was emotionally fragile - not cool.  Sonny can take his tiny dick energy back into the Llantano River.

I think it’s actually in character for Chase to be so forgiving.  One thing I always liked about him is that he has the personality of a Labrador Retriever - cute, intelligent and very forgiving.  Ever accidentally step on a Lab’s foot or tail?  They’re like OWWWWW  and two seconds later they’re back to wiggles and smooches.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, seasons said:

Also, When are we getting our Stuart Damon tribute episode?

Don't you remember the 5 second clip package they played at the end of an episode a few weeks ago? Because that's all we're getting, unfortunately. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I think it’s actually in character for Chase to be so forgiving.  One thing I always liked about him is that he has the personality of a Labrador Retriever - cute, intelligent and very forgiving.  Ever accidentally step on a Lab’s foot or tail?  They’re like OWWWWW  and two seconds later they’re back to wiggles and smooches.

Plus, had he not lied to her in the first place, her lie wouldn't be in place to lie about.  So, it would be a bit hypocritical of him to stay mad.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

MB clearly thinks Sonny comes off as this hot tempered bad boy, that all the men fear and all the women shouldn't want, but they do.  And he's clearly willing or possibly even eager to play the character as an abuser in order to do that.  

What a disgusting freakshow, that still gets away with this shit in this day and age (and I'll be honest, I'm not even the most woke person).  No one wants you, dude, except your 5 burner accounts on twitter.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Plus, had he not lied to her in the first place, her lie wouldn't be in place to lie about.  So, it would be a bit hypocritical of him to stay mad.  

Not necessarily true. They could have broken up for a bunch of reasons even if he hadn't lied to her. It's not definite that they would have been together a year later if he hadn't lied.

Plus he doesn't have to be raging but going to the other extreme and making every excuse for her is just poor drama.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
Just now, ulkis said:

Not necessarily true. They could have broken up for a bunch of reasons even if he hadn't lied to her. 

Sure, they COULD have.  But, that's not what actually happened. If you set girlfriend up to find you pretend cheating for the express purpose of getting her to marry  some other guy, you can't exactly get butthurt if she falls in love with him and then lies about it.  That's almost the pure look of karma.

Don't get me wrong.  I actually like Chase.  But, he was wrong in what he did, and he doesn't have any room to get upset about the fallout.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

Sure, they COULD have.  But, that's not what actually happened. If you set girlfriend up to find you pretend cheating for the express purpose of getting her to marry  some other guy, you can't exactly get butthurt if she falls in love with him and then lies about it.  That's almost the pure look of karma.

Don't get me wrong.  I actually like Chase.  But, he was wrong in what he did, and he doesn't have any room to get upset about the fallout.

But that's not exactly what happened. Even after he wasn't in any danger she kept lying. After that point she should have either said something or restrained herself from sleeping with Michael. 

If he had gotten upset after he found her sleeping with Michael in November I would say he would have no room to be upset. But since then they were kind of trying and she didn't say well I have feelings for Michael too. They didn't think he was in serious condition the first few weeks he was in the hospital. She could have told any of his relatives and let them tell him. I don't think Willow is an awful person but there were several ways she could have handled it better and I don't think it was karma or that he would be unreasonable if he were upset.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Blackie said:

How did Sonny get past security without the guards freaking out and texting Jason immediately.

I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by this; he got past the guards AND the front door was unlocked so he could waltz right it?  Um..... I don't think so.  Not sure where Jason and Carly are right now - that house?  Metro Court? Somewhere else?

and, OMG, someone in wardrobe does not like Kirsten Storms.  It was a beautiful dress - on someone else; did her no favors.

And,

24 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

And

COME ON! don't leave me hanging!!

41 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Willow married him after several times of Chase saying "you don't have to." and then Willow slept with another man twice after she committed to being with Chase. So yeah - if you wanna say he can't be upset because they got together - then  I'm with you. that was the risk. If we eve want to say the lies were the same. (in my mind they weren't. again I can't really comment on Chase's lie, i wasn't watching but from what I gathered but he lied to remove himself from the equation so Willow and Micheal could do what was best for a child they all thought was in danger.  Willow and Michael continually lied after Chase gave Willow several outs not to be with him romantically, and just be with him for support as friends. For me this this isn't potato/pohtato. one's an apple and one is an elephantine sized orange)  -  then I can even be with you on that. 

But it seems that you are implying Chase doesn't get to be upset because Willow and Micheal screwed each other while she was married to chase just .. that just doesn't sit well with me and I can't be on the same wavelength with you there.  Willow lied to give Chase the will to live (okay). but that lie didn't have to include marriage, nor did it have to include cheating on her husband. 

To me it doesn't really matter if they were "in love" - they cheated.  And I'll point out - it seemed to me Willow and Michael were more pissed off at Chase/Sasha's fake cheating a lot longer than Chase was with Willow and Michael's actual cheating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, Daisy said:
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

And

COME ON! don't leave me hanging!!

LOL, I have no idea how that happened.  

And, I can't help thinking that SB was diagnosed with Covid right around those kissing scenes with LW.  Also, I love the nickname Millowtonin.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

So, now that Sonny's back, is he going to get arrested for killing julian?  

hahahaha!   As if!

But, my question is - if Sonny was only gone for 8 months, how did they get him declared legally dead so quickly?  Or did they even bother?  So, is the Carly/Jason marriage even legal?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

So, now that Sonny's back, is he going to get arrested for killing julian?  

No, because Mooby didn't kill him. It was one of those other...goons. Cyrus' goons? Mooby just kept chasing a bleeding out Julian and they both fell into the water when the bridge collapsed. Only Julian's body showed up.

2 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

But, my question is - if Sonny was only gone for 8 months, how did they get him declared legally dead so quickly?  Or did they even bother?  So, is the Carly/Jason marriage even legal?

Jaysus and Cujo had him declared dead so they could have the memorial to prevent a "take over", which clearly failed spectacularly and set in motion "who's really in charge"? and what we've ended up with now.

I mean, no body, so I guess their marriage isn't legal after all, because soapland!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jaysus and Cujo had him declared dead so they could have the memorial to prevent a "take over", which clearly failed spectacularly and set in motion "who's really in charge"? and what we've ended up with now.

Now, admittedly, I get my info from the Dick Wolf School of Law, as many of us do, but I thought it took 7 years or something like that, to have someone declared legally dead.  Guess Diane and her magical lawyering skills took care of it.   And, couldn't they have had a memorial either way?  What was stopping them?

@@

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Now, admittedly, I get my info from the Dick Wolf School of Law, as many of us do, but I thought it took 7 years or something like that, to have someone declared legally dead.  Guess Diane and her magical lawyering skills took care of it.   And, couldn't they have had a memorial either way?  What was stopping them?

@@

hahaha i get my info from the Google School of Law but it is seven to ten years if there is no body. (goodness gracious). 

• Useful 1

I thought it was weird that Jarly want their honeymoon night to be in the bedroom that Sonny and Carly shared.  There's 1000 rooms at the Metro Court, but Sonny wouldn't be walking in on them there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

I thought it was weird that Jarly want their honeymoon night to be in the bedroom that Sonny and Carly shared.  There's 1000 rooms at the Metro Court, but Sonny wouldn't be walking in on them there.

And Jason has been living in Casa Corinthos, so they easily could use his room too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ned 100% adopted Leo, so clearly they're pretending that never happened so Olivia can act like only she has a say in that kid. 

I don't think he did. There was this whole big deal made about the party celebrating the adoption and, I think Ned was supposed to sign the papers there, but then Olivia put it together about Alexis and Ned sleeping together, so he definitely didn't sign the papers that night.

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Thank you! I'm glad the storyline ended the way it did, with Chase actually being reasonable and realizing the part he played in all of this.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

But it seems that you are implying Chase doesn't get to be upset because Willow and Micheal screwed each other while she was married to chase just .. that just doesn't sit well with me and I can't be on the same wavelength with you there.

It doesn't sit well with me people acting like Willow and Michael are the most evil people who ever evilled because they lied with good intentions. 

So instead of either stumbling into the wedding or catching his wife and bestie in the act, we just get Sonny revealing himself alone to Jason and Carly pre-them doing it?!?!

Why are you so bad at being a soap opera, Show?!?!

ETA...I also still wish they had done the Maria/Edmund thing and had revealed Sonny prior to his memories coming back and him trying to forge ahead as "Mike" for a while.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

But that's not exactly what happened. Even after he wasn't in any danger she kept lying. After that point she should have either said something or restrained herself from sleeping with Michael. 

If he had gotten upset after he found her sleeping with Michael in November I would say he would have no room to be upset. But since then they were kind of trying and she didn't say well I have feelings for Michael too. They didn't think he was in serious condition the first few weeks he was in the hospital. She could have told any of his relatives and let them tell him. I don't think Willow is an awful person but there were several ways she could have handled it better and I don't think it was karma or that he would be unreasonable if he were upset.

I'm not defending her lying.  Obviously she was wrong to lie.  Obviously Chase was wrong to lie in the first place.  But, what I am saying is, it would be a bit ridiculous for the person who lied first to stay mad forever over the second lie.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm not defending her lying.  Obviously she was wrong to lie.  Obviously Chase was wrong to lie in the first place.  But, what I am saying is, it would be a bit ridiculous for the person who lied first to stay mad forever over the second lie.

Of course! But he was mad for about a week. I don't even think necessarily he should be actively mad, but there should be tension and awkwardness for about 6 months, especially with Michael. Maybe an "okay I get why she did what she did" but not "I'm sooo grateful and she was the one who saved me!" which she did not. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Of course! But he was mad for about a week. I don't even think necessarily he should be actively mad, but there should be tension and awkwardness for about 6 months, especially with Michael. Maybe an "okay I get why she did what she did" but not "I'm sooo grateful and she was the one who saved me!" which she did not. 

that's my thing. like honestly, even if we wanna say they lied with good intentions (where the good intentions when the guy gave you several times to just be with him as a friend vs. a girlfriend/wife, i don't now). they slept with each other.  but i don't know. i just have issues with people having affairs. even really awesome soapy ones (John and Marlena, etc etc) the fact they cheat(ed) sucks. even if you grow to love them it doesn't change the fact that they suck(ed) that they cheated. 

but i own it - cheating bothers me a lot

• Love 6

On Todays Journey
please don't let me have to recap Jason/Carly sex..please show...

Casa Corinthos

Again we see Sonny walk in. Apparently it's the first time he saw a mirror . interchange with Jason/Carly stuff. I know we said we know what we might do if we had amensia. though quite frankly if I was missing for months, i wouldn't be wandering my home. I would be on the phone to EVERYONE. Not Sonny. He's checking himself in the mirror. opening his veranda door and looking outside. Checking pictures..

Jason and Carly
romantic music playing. Jason saying there is no rush they have the rest of their lives. now we have a recap of the conversation they had. Carly is in love with Jason. Jason loves Carly. now they kiss. why why?  Carly starts to undress Jason and...

OH MY GOD. SONNY WALKS IN. WE DON'T HAVE THEM HAVING SEX. OH MY GOD THANK YOU. THANK YOU. BLESS YOU, BLESS YOUR COW. 

Carly fainted. Jason had the best surprise! pikachu face ever. 
okay. y'all were going to have sex in your "dead"husband's bed. That's gross. 

They are in shock.  Sonny "Long story!" Carly wakes up. "I'm dreaming?!"  Carly is like you're real? You real? OMG SONNY (hugs). Quick recap. lots of hugs. Jason is looking all. "aww." 

Recap of Nixon Fails. Jason and Sonny hug. Jason looks verklempt.

okay. this is boring. actually, as much as recaping them having sex would have been like. gaggingly horrible - this is crap soap. like. once again. they had it in their hand and they are like. meehhhhhh. 

Okay now they are talking about kids, and then we finally get to the whole. 
"Um we did more than move on.. we got married." Sonny does a spock eyebrow.  "those are your wedding clothes? you look beautiful." Sonny says. 

Five Family recap. Franco death recap. (Sonny, no big loss there) Sonny finds out Carly is running the business. (dark look). Sonny + Brit recap. (basically. this whole thing is a recap, with Sonny shaking his head). 

Peter and Anna
Anna has a gun on Peter. Doesn't shoot.  Peter is all let's talk.  Shoot him Anna.
Peter: I wish i never saw you. Shoot him Anna. 
Anna: reach for the gun and I'll shoot you. Shoot him Anna
Peter goes: do you want me to tell them how Finn tried to KILL MEEEEEE? shoot him Anna. 

Anna says she lost interest in justice when Peter went after Maxie shoot him Anna
Peter screams LOUISE IS MINE gun shot. (see Anna?)

ANNA SHOT HIM.  (Anna didn't kill him). Now she's trying to get info about Drew. Peter chews scenery.  Anna calls him a son of a bitch. Peter says "Is that any way to talk about your SEESSTORRRR).  Valentine shows up with the gun. (Kill him Val).  Peter chews more scenery now these two dumbos. TOOK THEIR EYES OFF PETER. Peter jumped into the river. (please be dead). 

Anna and Valentine. You suck. 
Anna goes i don't think Peter has any power. 

Quatermaines/Maxie

Maxie goes WE HAVE TO GO TO THE Q'S BECAUSE OF THE BABY! Austin is like, um, j'excuse?. Maxie covers by saying it's about Valentine. 

BLQ is telling Chase something is on her mind..... but they are doing puzzles. teehee. now they are bonding over BaileyLou. so sweet. Maxie burst in and freaks over 

BLQ says maybe Maxie should live at the mansion.  Maxie is like yah no that's not gonna work. Now Maxie is giving Chase and BLQ dark looks because they are taking care of Bailey. 

Millowtonin. 
nothing worth reporting. they kiss. big whoop. something something, they don't want things to change right now, they just wanna be together with wiley. Willow says "come move to the gatehouse with us." 

Hospital
Britt says "we totally know what tonight was about." Britt thanks Liz for the busy work. And says that Liz rarely makes mistakes, thank you.  Scotty is talking about his freefall from the plane. Britt and Scotty are still worried about Lisel.  

Austin comes in and tells everyone about Peter. Everyone is all :O how is this possible?!

Finn is like HOW?! HOW?! HOW?! Liz was like "We were in a rush!!!" (Yah but you took his pulse. you are a nurse. how did you miss that?). then they talk about camping. 

Show Ends with
Sonny: the 5 families don't believe in shared power. So you got married. Great strategy!  Big grin. (Jason and Carly look sad/guilty)

This journey sucked monkey.  Peter just chewed a tonne of scenery & got shot in the shoulder. COME ON. There was no Jason/Carly sex (thank god) but then the whole lead up was boring/sucky. And then the entire CarSaSon thing was boring unless something happens. Every time the show has a keg of energy/power - they just let it fizzle. like. come on now. But it is only Tuesday so i guess.. i dunno.. it was expected i guess. 

• Love 10

Sonny to Carly "I missed you so much."  Liar, you didn't miss her at all, you couldn't remember who she is.  Also, unless they've SOARASed Donna again, she wouldn't remember who he is.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Plus he doesn't have to be raging but going to the other extreme and making every excuse for her is just poor drama.

Speaking of poor drama: Oh great, now Sonny tells Jason and Carly that they ha to do what they had to do. This is how the shows kills anything interesting about these three. It's going to be lamer than Chase finding out about Michael and Willow.

And now Jason and Carly and Sonny are dissing Franco (a bigger loss than you would be mobster) and blaming Gladys instead of the fact that Jason actually is a murderer.

Michael to Willow "This is our first official outing as a couple."  Except for that time you were married. Ugh, he really is Sonny's kid.

With so much time spent on Carly, her men and her kids, this s how clearly hates me.

Valentin and Anna, you had ONE JOB. Did Peter jump into the river on the Pennsylvania side? First Nelle, then Sonny. Is it becoming a tourist location?

I like the swerve that Brook Lynn confessing to Chase and it turns out to be about puzzles. I thought that KSt did a good job of showing Maxie seriously aware of the problems she had created by getting involved with a psychopath.

I also liked Liz and Britt getting along.

Finn, Obrecht would be would be my choice ahead of many people. (Including you if I swung her way).

Why isn't Nina telling Maxie that Peter threatened to go after James? That's far more salient than worrying about "Bailey".

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Peter and Anna
Anna has a gun on Peter. Doesn't shoot.  Peter is all let's talk.  Shoot him Anna.
Peter: I wish i never saw you. Shoot him Anna. 
Anna: reach for the gun and I'll shoot you. Shoot him Anna
Peter goes: do you want me to tell them how Finn tried to KILL MEEEEEE? shoot him Anna. 

Anna says she lost interest in justice when Peter went after Maxie shoot him Anna
Peter screams LOUISE IS MINE gun shot. (see Anna?)

ANNA SHOT HIM.  (Anna didn't kill him). Now she's trying to get info about Drew. Peter chews scenery.  Anna calls him a son of a bitch. Peter says "Is that any way to talk about your SEESSTORRRR).  Valentine shows up with the gun. (Kill him Val).  Peter chews more scenery now these two dumbos. TOOK THEIR EYES OFF PETER. Peter jumped into the river. (please be dead). 

Anna and Valentine. You suck. 
Anna goes i don't think Peter has any power

I haven't watched the episode, but just reading your recap, I was shouting "SHOOT HIM!" at my computer.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that's my thing. like honestly, even if we wanna say they lied with good intentions (where the good intentions when the guy gave you several times to just be with him as a friend vs. a girlfriend/wife, i don't now). they slept with each other.  but i don't know. i just have issues with people having affairs. even really awesome soapy ones (John and Marlena, etc etc) the fact they cheat(ed) sucks. even if you grow to love them it doesn't change the fact that they suck(ed) that they cheated. 

but i own it - cheating bothers me a lot

They fucked each other during their 3 year old son's birthday party with a house full of guests and their child waiting to open his presents. They're filth.

Do not even get me started on the complete failure of drama in today's reveal. Absolutely pathetic. I truly hope this show does get canceled.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

They fucked each other during their 3 year old son's birthday party with a house full of guests and their child waiting to open his presents. They're filth.

Do not even get me started on the complete failure of drama in today's reveal. Absolutely pathetic. I truly hope this show does get canceled.

This is like Monica teaching Chandler about 1 through 7 - and then never getting to Seven

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

"We searched for weeks."

lmao

6 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Don't you remember the 5 second clip package they played at the end of an episode a few weeks ago? Because that's all we're getting, unfortunately. 

Wow. Just wow.

So when John Reilly died, they did that whole odd Ireland mini mystery.

And SD gets a minute or two? How can they possibly justify that? 

Shame on them.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 6

I have to admit that WR's performance has finally hit that sweet spot where it's Hammy and OTT enough that I'm finding it entertaining and comical.  So, if that's what he's going for, he's hitting the mark for me.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 2

When Sonny was looking at himself in the mirror, I thought he was going to stop by the bathroom for shoe wax special and come out with black shiny hair. So color me shock that his vanity didn't override his desire to see Carly. 

I did not care for anything with Carly and SaSon. All I heard was womp womp womp womp.

I also could not give a fuck about Willow and Michael. They shouldn't put them in any episode that has Chase interacting with any woman. I thought and he and BL working on a puzzle together was leaps and bounds better than the dreck Willow and Michael were discussing. What a stupid stupid conversation for two very stupid stupid and very very bland characters.

Peter jumped in the water. Don't care. Next!

I know I'm supposed to feel sorry for Maxie being apart from her baby, but I just don't. She bit everyone's head off who told her that Peter was bad news and hadn't changed. She threatened to cut people out of her life. So yeah, now she's tuck with the mess she made and all I can think is how much she deserves this.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

After hearing about what happened on today’s show with the reveal falling flat and how there’s no pay off to any of these stories — yeah, cancel this nonsense.  Why is this show allergic to drama?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I guess the DRAMZ is supposed to be that Sonny thinks their marriage (which is now totally invalid, BTW) was for business only while they were really falling in wuvsies for real?  My gawd, so boring.

Is it though if they had him declared legally dead?

33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Anna goes i don't think Peter has any power. 

Umm the guy survived being stuffed into a basement freezer, I’m pretty sure he can survive a superficial gunshot wound and jumping in a river in the middle of the summer.  Ugh.  Will this ever end?!?!

Probably the only time I will ever thank Sonny but at least we got spared Jason/Carly sex.  But yeah, it would have been more soapy if they had done it (nailed, as Austin would say). 

Maxie covered pretty well saying that Peter may go after Bailey because of Valentin.  I thought Chase and Brooklyn were so cute, doing puzzles of all things.  These two are more interesting trying to match puzzle pieces than Willow/Michael are doing full on sex scenes.

• Love 8
Just now, mostlylurking said:

Umm the guy survived being stuffed into a basement freezer, I’m pretty sure he can survive a superficial gunshot wound and jumping in a river in the middle of the summer.  Ugh.  Will this ever end?!?!

Probably the only time I will ever thank Sonny but at least we got spared Jason/Carly sex.  But yeah, it would have been more soapy if they had done it (nailed, as Austin would say). 

Maxie covered pretty well saying that Peter may go after Bailey because of Valentin.  I thought Chase and Brooklyn were so cute, doing puzzles of all things.  These two are more interesting trying to match puzzle pieces than Willow/Michael are doing full on sex scenes.

LOL the power i mean of - Victor ist he one pulling the strings, not he is the one running the show. but he does have unnatural super powers of NOT DYING. 

yeah that was me. like at first when I saw Sonny burst through the door i was like THANK YOU. but then watching it was like. this is so freaking not soapy at all. It was like Millowtonin vs. Chase.  "YOU SLEPT WITH MY WIFE!!" "I know!!" "Well okay, i'm going to get ice cream."

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

. I truly hope this show does get canceled.

So as much as I snark on this show (and full on dislike it at times), I honestly would be extremely sad if this show is ever cancelled.  Like, it’s just a part of my day.  For So Many Years.  It would just be fucking weird to not have it anymore.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

So as much as I snark on this show (and full on dislike it at times), I honestly would be extremely sad if this show is ever cancelled.  Like, it’s just a part of my day.  For So Many Years.  It would just be fucking weird to not have it anymore.  

the show needs a new EP who actually cares about the show/soaps in general, and new writers. and then one who isn't cowed by Mob in the Afternoon. 

Honestly, i think most people are mad about all 4 soaps that are currently on right now, mostly because they aren't being written well. Like. did all the good soap writers die? retire? does no one know how to write a soap opera anymore?

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of poor drama: Oh great, now Sonny tells Jason and Carly that they ha to do what they had to do. This is how the shows kills anything interesting about these three. It's going to be lamer than Chase finding out about Michael and Willow.

Then what was the point.  Jason and Carly declared their love for each other.  There ought to be some conflict with Sonny back.  

15 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

IDK how things work in the real world, but if they are going to go by what has happened before on show, IIRC, Frisco had to be declared alive again and then he and Felicia had to get divorced and in the meantime, Felicia and Colton were no longer legally wed.

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Honestly, i think most people are mad about all 4 soaps that are currently on right now, mostly because they aren't being written well. Like. did all the good soap writers die? retire? does no one know how to write a soap opera anymore?

Exactly.  Soaps can't go back to what they were in the '80s because they will never have that kind of budget again.  But, that doesn't mean they have to be completely lame.  Even if you don't have as many sets, can't have the big flashy weddings, and can't go on location, it doesn't mean that you also have to have bad writing for bland characters and no drama with nonsensical set ups.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, seasons said:

So when John Reilly died, they did that whole odd Ireland mini mystery.

And SD gets a minute or two? How can they possibly justify that? 

Shame on them.

Because while Sean was no longer on the show, the character was still alive. So when John Reilly passed away, they killed off Sean.

Alan had been killed off back in 2005? 2007?, so  these asshats didn't feel the need to put together an actual tribute. Their idea of one is what we saw. And I TOLD Y'ALL that that was all we were going to get after it aired.

24 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Soaps! I don't remember if Sam had Jaysus declared dead after Faison shot him and kicked his "body" off the docks. So did she have to divorce him when he came back? Was she married to Billy Miller's "Jason" at the time? Was their marriage legal or did she have to divorce both of them? I was on the Barge and don't know what happened. Only tuned in when Robin showed up after the reveal.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3