Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

On 9/25/2021 at 2:34 PM, drtslim said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's thinking along those lines; but I feel really silly for missing your post.

You shouldn't feel that way. Posts are fast and furious and not everyone has time to check what has been posted before. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Like Nina's not off the hook for other reasons, but how is that not mainly on him. 

Because nothing is ever Sonny's fault. The show is ridiculous in its refusal to have him accept any consequences for his actions.

• Love 13
On 9/23/2021 at 11:36 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh, how I wish we could know what Kimberly McCullough thinks about this trashing of Robin and Jason's relationship.

It would be interested to know what she thinks. I actually didn't see it as trashing their relationship. Monica 's line about Robin doesn't mean much IMO because she was not close to Jason at the time he was with Robin to really know what she meant to him, and she's saying this as a mother who wants a real relationship with Jason. When Ned asked her if she approves of the wedding, she never said yes. She keeps saying she wants Jason to be happy.  Actively hating Carly isn't going to bring AJ back and will only cause tension in her relationships with Jason and Michael.

With the exception of their scene not acknowledging the history that included Robin and Elizabeth and (ugh) kiss at the construction zone that used to be Jake's, Jason has never said he was in love with Carly or wanted to marry Carly or that Carly meant more to him than Robin did. He mentioned that Sonny and Carly were the only two who didn't know him before as Jason Quartermaine and accepted him.  He also said Carly always stood by him. From Jason's perspective in the long-term, that's true.  Robin was right to want more for her life than to be with Jason while he, with his actions, put Carly first no matter what she did and who she hurt because she was Michael's mother.  

Jason doesn't understand how unhealthy and dysfunctional their "friendship" is. He will never, or just can't believe that Carly and Sonny have been using him for the 20 + years since his accident. What I  got out of Burton's acting is Jason wants Carly to be happy and feel secure, he has always felt a need to protect her, they understand each other, and so he tried to convince himself, Monica, Carly, etc. that the attraction is mutual and he could be happy in building a life with her.  

It takes more than a few days - a week of scenes to convince me that Jason is falling in love with someone.  Burton is capable of showing depth of emotion with women. I've seen him do it with McCullough and Herbst. (I don't count Monaco because the Jason and Sam relationship started out when Sam was pregnant with Sonny's baby and she had nowhere to go/ he wanted to protect Carly.)

Sort of related question - Anna said she had to go call Robin to let her know Sonny is alive because they were close friends.  Was she saying that line of expo to Valentin, or Jax? It struck me as odd because Jax and Brenda were close with Robin when Robin and Jason were together. In fact, I think Jax has spent more time with adult Robin than Anna has, so Jax knows all about Robin's friendship with Sonny. Maybe Anna doesn't know about Robin and Jax's friendship. I don't recall if Anna and Brenda ever met.

On 9/23/2021 at 6:08 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

But the fact that he slept in the guest bedroom and that he's not throwing Nina under the bus makes me think that Sonny isn't quite as done with Nina as he lets on. And Carly senses something is off.

I thought the same.  They are treating each other like spouses who have been apart for years and aren't 'all in' with their marriage.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:07 PM, Daisy said:

so these two being all weepy eyed today will mean nothing to me 

i saw Carly weepy eyed, Jason more relieved.  He is acting like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. But, after everything he has done in the last 9 months and deciding to marry Carly and mentally getting himself prepared, this moment has got to sting a bit.  When he said "maybe I deserve it" to Britt, I was thinking yeah because you've totally disregarded your sons in all of this, not just because you hurt Britt after getting close to her over the span of however many months. 

On 9/24/2021 at 4:23 PM, Blackie said:

C'mom didn't you see MB's eyes tear up (after all the yelling) when Nina said she loved Mike and Mike had loved her? *eyeroll*  I think the writers and MB think they ARE doing a nuance story, but all we see is shouting and slamming lol

YUP!

On 9/24/2021 at 5:24 PM, statsgirl said:

Carly said that he stayed up late with the kids. Really? Donna and Avery? Or Joss and Michael who told Willow he would be back soon. And Carly, who just got her husband back, decides to just go to bed instead of staying awake to watch him and be sure that her really is back.

That's love.

I thought she meant Dante, Kristina, and possibly Michael.  It makes sense to me that she's emotionally exhausted, having mixed feelings, and wants to give Sonny time alone with his kids, esp. since she doesn't really have relationships with stepkids Dante and Kristina.  

He and Carly and Ava spent time with Avery off-screen (Ava saying goodbye) before she said that line,  and in the cemetery he told Nina that Donna doesn't even remember him.  So I figure he saw the two youngest daughters that morning. They were probably supposed to be in bed asleep at the time that Sonny surprised Carly and Jason in the bedroom.  It looked like night time when the teens were sitting by the pool.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sort of related question - Anna said she had to go call Robin to let her know Sonny is alive because they were close friends.  Was she saying that line of expo to Valentin, or Jax? It struck me as odd because Jax and Brenda were close with Robin when Robin and Jason were together. In fact, I think Jax has spent more time with adult Robin than Anna has, so Jax knows all about Robin's friendship with Sonny. Maybe Anna doesn't know about Robin and Jax's friendship.

Even if Jax and Robin are still close (not sure about that), Jax has more on his mind than "I should call Robin."  That to me seems like something a mother would think of.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It would be interested to know what she thinks. I actually didn't see it as trashing their relationship. Monica 's line about Robin doesn't mean much IMO because she was not close to Jason at the time he was with Robin to really know what she meant to him, and she's saying this as a mother who wants a real relationship with Jason. When Ned asked her if she approves of the wedding, she never said yes. She keeps saying she wants Jason to be happy.  Actively hating Carly isn't going to bring AJ back and will only cause tension in her relationships with Jason and Michael.

With the exception of their scene not acknowledging the history that included Robin and Elizabeth and (ugh) kiss at the construction zone that used to be Jake's, Jason has never said he was in love with Carly or wanted to marry Carly or that Carly meant more to him than Robin did. He mentioned that Sonny and Carly were the only two who didn't know him before as Jason Quartermaine and accepted him.  He also said Carly always stood by him. From Jason's perspective in the long-term, that's true.  Robin was right to want more for her life than to be with Jason while he, with his actions, put Carly first no matter what she did and who she hurt because she was Michael's mother.  

I was speaking from the place when Jaysus started saying it was always CUJO from the beginning or whatever it was that people here posted he said; basically acting as if he and Robin had never been in love and how Robin wasn't there to help him "understand" because his brain damaged addlepated mind didn't know it was wrong to fuck someone, when developing romantic feelings for another (Robin) and starting a relationship.

I just know that even if Monica wasn't close with Jason when he and Robin were involved, every other Quartermaine knew about them. I remember how AJ couldn't believe that Jaysus would cheat on Robin when Jaysus, with his silence, "admitted" Baby SLS was his spawn. I'm sure Alan, Ned, and AJ knew. Guess Monica thought Jason carrying Robin off the stage in '96 was a fluke? Or when that limo blew up, and Robin was knocked out, and Jason cradled her and wouldn't let anyone touch her, was a phase? She'd be the only one who didn't know how much Robin meant to him.

But, that's the past; I was wondering what Kimberly thinks of these asshats that tried to erase Jason and Robin's history. He didn't wake up when CUJO was at his bedside. Nope. That was Robin.

Yeah, despite loathing him now, that relationship is one of my favorites, and I will never, never, never, never, never NOT be bitter of what Frank, Dan and the other shitastic assholes have done.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Like Nina's not off the hook for other reasons, but how is that not mainly on him.  Isn't that what everyone praises brain damaged Jason over, for being such a new man?  Seriously, did I miss something else from the story?

Jason knew that he was Jason Quartermaine and chose not to be that person anymore. “Mike” didn’t know who he was but he was completely passive/disinterested not trying to find out who ho he was. Nina always knew and kept quiet for reasons, none of which his children would ever find understandable.

• Love 1

If I were Sonny's child, I would be angry at him for not trying harder to find out if he has a family and who they are. 'Mike' was almost completely passive wrt his past, but he sure could get angry at people he thought were disrespecting him.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Because nothing is ever Sonny's fault. The show is ridiculous in its refusal to have him accept any consequences for his actions.

It's also never Carly's fault, Michael's fault or Joss' fault. Did she ever apologize to Cameron for freezing him out when he thought that Jason had murdered Franco because the PCPD arrested him for it?

For all that I don't like Jason Morgan, at least he takes responsibility for his decisions.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's also never Carly's fault, Michael's fault or Joss' fault. Did she ever apologize to Cameron for freezing him out when he thought that Jason had murdered Franco because the PCPD arrested him for it?

Of course not.  Cameron had to apologize to HER for daring to think a murderer was capable of murder.  And even then, Joss wasn't sure if she could accept the apology because he still thought it in the first place.

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Of course not.  Cameron had to apologize to HER for daring to think a murderer was capable of murder.  And even then, Joss wasn't sure if she could accept the apology because he still thought it in the first place.

And then, Cam is like "Okay, let's date." where in any other world, any person in that situation would say "blow it out your ear", and find new friends.  Again. I will never understand how Trina and Cam sat there and saw Joss basically pick Mob over childhood friendship, treat said friend like utter dirt, apologized several times and said fine let's agree to disagree, and somehow it got turned from Cam being pissed off about his fatherfigure being murdered and accusing someone who would have had no problems killing him anyway - to Joss wondering if someone who had always been there for her was worth being a friend because he accused Jason of something he does every day, he was just wrong on this occasion. 

(coupled with how she threatened Esme w/Mob violence - even though they all hate Esme, the fact she went there so easily, i'm not sure who would be friends w/that except in this world where mob = good).

• Love 9
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Nina always knew and kept quiet for reasons, none of which his children would ever find understandable.

I don't think the kids should ever find the reasons understandable, because they aren't. Nina was being a selfish idiot.

55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If I were Sonny's child, I would be angry at him for not trying harder to find out if he has a family and who they are. '

Same, but it's Sonny, and the two seconds he put into thinking about it should satisfy everyone.

• Love 5

Hmmm I have this feeling that Sonny is going to go into a manic phase because he hasn't been looking after his bipolar disease for 9 months. Then he is going to get all paranoid about Sonny*** and Jason's feelings towards each other. I don't know why, I just have a feeling that is how this story is going to unfold😉  ***Ok that should say Carly, but it was such a funny typo I left it

I have to admit, Mr Blackie has been away 4 days and I am sick of my own coffee, Sooo looking forward to him making the coffee in the morning, I won't make him sleep in the guest room.

Mr Blackie today..." Sonny's acting....so gripping !" 😄😉😄

Brooklyn: We have Yuri here for protection

Maxie: And 2 guards outside

Baby Louise: Yikes!!

Yuri "I will let nothing happen to you or that Baby"

Baby Louise "Yikes!"

Did Nina ask Maxie to be the one to tell Carly?

• Love 2

Today's Journey

Charlie's Pub

Yuri is standing all straight and says "I'll be discreet." BLQ and Maxie are talking about Peter and all. Maxie says i'm acting safe as possible. She thanks for arranging a Bailey meet up. Joss shows up, and now BLQ realizes that Sonny was alive.  Crappy. yay how Sonny is alive. Joss is trying to figure out how Maxie knew. Why do you care Joss, kick a rock. 

BLQ is stupid happy that Sonny is alive (shut up BLQ). Joss is like. there are clearly holes so Maxie if you know something, tell my mom. Maxie is like yeah.... i should. 

Yuri brings avocado toast. BLQ is scared about Peter. Yuri says, if he tries, it will be the last thing he does, i will not let anything get near you or that baby.  (I believe in you Yuri). 

Crete
Valentine is saying who did this to Chloe, Peter or something else? recap about Chloe's escape and Peter's actions. Anna says Faison doesn't have a base of operations. Valentine said "except for Helena." Anna is right, right. Cassadine Island is right close. (20m). 

Valentine is having mixed feelings. It bothers him that Nik got everything, but then then he's like. I'm not a cassadine I'm my own person. He likes who he's become. Anna likes him too. 

Chloe has a concussion and dehydrated. 

Mistah Sheffield's
We get the recap of Lisel putting the knife on Sheffield. She said her biggest mistake was not making sure he was dead. Sheffield asks if this is how she wants to play this. Sheffield is like do you think this is going to work I have people here.  You've changed. Lisel said losing Nathan changed her and she won't let anything keep her away from Britta, so yah Imma gonna kill your ass. 

Sheffield regrets Nathan wasn't his ... and now freaking PETER SHOWS UP WITH A GUN ON LISEL.  son of a cow. . Why can't he just die?

Peter goes I was busy flinging myself off a cliff. Lisel is like you're alive? Peter goes it's not your business, you tried to KILL ME. Lisel: yeah because you suck.. Peter says I burned Nina alive and now i'm going to tie up loose ends. (Tackle him Lisel and kill him instead).

Sheffield stands in front of Lisel and says "Dude you are not running the show." Lisel says, you can kill me, you can have everything you want but let me Kill Peter first.  Sheffield goes. "Wait, that's the trade?"  and Sheffield is contemplating it. Peter goes what are you doing? and is freaking out. KILL HIM MISTAH SHEFFIELD!!!

Sheffield picks Peter. Lisel calls him an imbecile. I agree with this. 
Peter says it's a "mystique" keeping Lisel alive. and Sheffield says. yeah. for you.  Apparently the doctor who is taking care of Chloe is working for Mistah Sheffield. 

Hospital
Finn and Liz are awkward at the elevator. They are talking about trivia. Geeze. just ask her out.  Chase basically asks the same thing. Chase has full clearance. They talk about Finn/Liz almost kissed. finn looks like a bashful little kid. awww. Finn isn't sure that Liz wanted it. Finn says he was lost looking in her eyes. Chase is like :D you'd still be kissing her now.  Finn is like i don't wanna push anything.  Chase is like - what if Liz wants this. Finn is like it's complicated and chase it's like no it's not. just explore it in a normal every day setting. Finn points out that if Liz and Finn break up, it will destroy Violet. Chase agrees, you should become a Priest LOL. (he didn't say that verbatim  - but that's the gist)

Terry says thanks for helping me, yah Britt saw through it says Liz.  Terry is saying what Chase is saying, and Liz doesn't know if Finn wants kissing. (so... why not ask?) (repeat conversation here).  Terry says it's not too soon for you to get all yummy over Finn. 

They interlap the conversations. basically it's "DO IT, because you won't know if you don't try." nice romantic-y music. They bump into each other again, and Chase and terry split. They awkwardly talk about trivia.... and Finn asks her out! Liz is like YAH! OKAY! AWKWARD BABY LOVE SMILES. Liz drags terry off. Chase has a big goofy grin. THIS WAS THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW!!

Cemetery
Sonny says you were fooling yourself. Nina says i'll never forget. Sonny says that wasn't me if I wanted to you know. work for a living, I'd stay in Brooklyn. that wasn't my life plan. Nina, so THIS  is it?  Sonny goes yeup. My kids, my wife, my business. even though that's not what you wanted. 

Sonny says I was happy, but i didn't realize what i was missing. hahahahahaa Sonny:" I might not always make the right decisions but I'm not stupid."  Sonny is like sorry that you fell in love with Mike. Nina goes and Mike fell in love with me. Sonny hisses "This was an illusion." 

Nina admits she was in Denial. But there wasn't a morning that she wasn't going to tell him. But she didn't because Nina saw Mike happy and smiling. and it broke her resolve. Sonny is like you don't think it hurt me about my kids. and crap (no because you said it didn't). Sonny says we were great but it wasn't real. 

We fell in love, says Nina. Don't say this, Sonny said. Fine. Mike. Sonny says I don't think you even like Sonny the person. (of course not because he's a piece of trash). Nina is singing Mike's praises Those qualities are YOU sonny. Nina says i knew you from stories. but I didn't know you, and I never willl. 

Nina says i have to live with all the crap coming my way. Theirs and Yours. 

Sonny: it's not right to play God in someone's life. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOOOODDDDDD. How is Sonny not dead right now?! AJ?! JAX?! SHOOTING DANTE IN THE CHEST?! JULIAN!?!!!!?! 

He actually says a reckoning is coming for Nina but it actually makes him sad because he truly believes that Nina didn't act in malice outside of her initial wanting Carly hurt. Nina says I hope you you don't suffer from my mistakes, and Nina leaves. 

Mobster Headquarters
Jason says Sonny doesn't need to know their marriage was real. but hah Fake out. Carly is actually worried about how Sonny was dealing w/bipolar disorder. (hahaha did anyone think they were going to talk about how they were trading real kisses and i love yous?  haha jokes on you!!)

Jason and Carly thinks even if he was on meds, the truth about them would make him crash.  Jason says there's nothing real. Carly is like, yah but he can be paranoid about us, the two people who can help him. 

Jason is gonna tell him the truth if Sonny asks. We didn't do anything wrong. It was gonna be X, but it's not X because Sonny came back. (way to fight for the woman you love, Jason, you are soooo dreamy). 

Carly and Jason say there is nothing between them. . Jason says we've been through worse things (like worse things than Carly and Jason saying they love each other?). like crying out loud. 

Show Ends:
joss tells carly that Maxie has something to tell her. Carly has confused bitch face. 

Sonny goes Hi dad, i threw away your watch but thanks for saving me. Jason shows up and Sonny goes can we get rid of my headstone?

Honestly -  cut out the Jason/Carly crap, and it's relatively decent. (if you avoid the lightning strikes that should have appeared at the cemetery when Sonny said you shouldn't play God with people's lives). 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

They interlap the conversations. basically it's "DO IT, because you won't know if you don't try." nice romantic-y music. They bump into each other again, and Chase and terry split. They awkwardly talk about trivia.... and Finn asks her out! Liz is like YAH! OKAY! AWKWARD BABY LOVE SMILES. Liz drags terry off. Chase has a big goofy grin. THIS WAS THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW!!

I thought it was all horribly juvenile and immature. But I still don't get what people see in Dr. Bland McMayo. Plus they have zero chemistry.

Not that the rest of the show was any good, it was basically horrible. The only highlight was Anna and Valentin. And Liesl wanting to kill Peter even to the point of sacrificing her own life. The rest was all Unholy Trio related so was Ultimate Suckage and Trash.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Hmmm I have this feeling that Sonny is going to go into a manic phase because he hasn't been looking after his bipolar disease for 9 months.

Nope. Phyllis noticed Mooby's manic/bipolar and put him on some medication after he was all hyped in cleaning the bar.

12 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Who is Chloe?

The nurse that Maxie was going to hire to take care of her baby, but who Heinrik apparently kidnapped, not murdered, when he replaced her with the fake nurse. And Chloe was a hostage with Drew, who finally escaped two, three? weeks ago.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. Phyllis noticed Mooby's manic/bipolar and put him on some medication after he was all hyped in cleaning the bar.

I guess you didn't watch today, with all their foreshadowing .....  no suttle

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The nurse that Maxie was going to hire to take care of her baby, but who Heinrik apparently kidnapped, not murdered, when he replaced her with the fake nurse. And Chloe was a hostage with Cameron, who finally escaped two, three? weeks ago.

Of course, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I guess you didn't watch today, with all their foreshadowing .....  no suttle

No, but I read the comments above and it's Jayus and CUJO wondering and believing he wasn't taking his meds, no?

3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

*Drew, not to confuse Cameron the character with Cameron the actor. :)

D'OH! Fixed it!

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and now freaking PETER SHOWS UP WITH A GUN ON LISEL.  son of a cow. . Why can't he just die?

It’s almost gotten to the comical point where Peter should just randomly show up in the corner of every scene cackling and twirling his imaginary mustache.

Maxie’s loyalty should be to Nina, not Carly.  Carly is going to find out at some point about the whole Smike thing and Nina’s involvement, Maxie doesn’t have to be the one to tell her.

Besides all the yelling, I think Sonny’s reactions today were good.  He acknowledged that Nina wasn’t being malicious, and that Mike and Nina were good together.  But yeah, she’s going to face a shitstorm once Carly finds out and there’s really nothing he can do to stop that.

37 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Finn asks her out! Liz is like YAH! OKAY! AWKWARD BABY LOVE SMILES. Liz drags terry off. Chase has a big goofy grin. THIS WAS THE BEST PART OF THE SHOW!!

LOVED THIS PART TOO!!  I thought it was so sweet.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

joss tells carly that Maxie has something to tell her. Carly has confused bitch face. 

It's not Maxie's place to tell Carly anything--and she's not being a friend to Nina (nevermind "family" as they always call themselves) if she does.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's not Maxie's place to tell Carly anything--and she's not being a friend to Nina (nevermind "family" as they always call themselves) if she does.

Nina wasn't exactly doing right by Maxie by keeping the fact that Peter was alive and plotting to get one of Maxie's children to herself.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This whole reveal has been so boring I'm almost willing to excuse her turning on Nina just to have something happen. Not looking forward to Carly being wronged though, because she's horrible enough already.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

thought it was all horribly juvenile and immature. But I still don't get what people see in Dr. Bland McMayo. Plus they have zero chemistry.

I'm not team Fiz or whatever people are calling them. But I always like when teevee shows have the conversation intercede like that. (especially when they are talking about the same thing).  For me it wasn't really juvenile, (even though i'm not team them) - but it was just more of the smiles and support for good ole romance, without really blowing smoke up their butts. basically. try and see and if it sucks, be friends. 

I want more of that (even when the chemistry sucks) vs. mob stuff. so i'll always be yay to the cheesy 80's knockoff of style that kinda was :)

6 minutes ago, drtslim said:

Nina wasn't exactly doing right by Maxie by keeping the fact that Peter was alive and plotting to get one of Maxie's children to herself.

to be fair, she did sic Lisel on Peter to rectify that situation. 

10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

i honestly don't think maxie should say anything. It's clear that Nina is going to do an apology tour, and Nina told that to Maxie. she should have told Joss to shut her mouth. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I want more of that (even when the chemistry sucks) vs. mob stuff. so i'll always be yay to the cheesy 80's knockoff of style that kinda was :)

I mean, a root canal is better than mob stuff but there are better ways to show couples. Like Anna and Valentin, for example. I find them far more interesting, intriguing, sexy and captivating than those two. Even Liesl and Mistah Sheffield are better. This show cannot write romance for some reason, which is kind of bad since it's a soap opera.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, drtslim said:
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So, what, it's a tit for tat?  That still is a shitty thing for Maxie to do, especially after the way Nina confessed everything to her.

• Love 11

"I guess you don't like Sonny Corinthos very much."  Something Nina and I have in common. Except I don't like Mike either.

Why does lightning not strike Sonny when he says "It's never a good thing to play with someone's life"? Sonny does nothing but play with people's lives.

Carly talking about how much she and Jason felt for each other and Sonny was going to get upset feels like she's desperately trying to reassure herself that Jason lurves her still.

This teasing about OMG, Sonny off his meds and he's going to go paranoid about us! is so much trying to milk a storyline that we know is already dead and going to be deader. Nothing is going to break up the unholy three.

Finn: "We almost kissed". Me: what are you, in middle school? I don't mind this romance but at least write it as being between two adults. At least Liz's conversation with Terry was adult.

59 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sheffield regrets Nathan wasn't his ... and now freaking PETER SHOWS UP WITH A GUN ON LISEL.  son of a cow. . Why can't he just die?

He's worse than a cockroach. Or a palmetto bug. The writing is so contrived to make Peter keep winning. He's not that smart to do it on his own. And now even the doctor is working with him, pitiful writing.

Liesl is right, Mistah Sheffield is even stupider than she thought.

22 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Maxie’s loyalty should be to Nina, not Carly.  Carly is going to find out at some point about the whole Smike thing and Nina’s involvement, Maxie doesn’t have to be the one to tell her.

Totally, her loyalty should be to Nina. I find it very unpleasant when this show when it has the whole Corinthos clan plus the town gang up on one person.

And it's for Sonny to tell Carly, not anyone else.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And it's for Sonny to tell Carly, not anyone else.

one of the two. Nina - to apologise. or Sonny (who also needs to own his crap). 

35 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

but there are better ways to show couples. Like Anna and Valentin, for example. I find them far more interesting, intriguing, sexy and captivating than those two

well like i mentioned - i'm not really. into Fiz either. (and i am team Anna/Valentine because i think they do sparkle). but personally- as i mentioned, I like the sweet, adorkable falling in love just as much as the sexy sultry ways too.  it's usually a blend of everything, and so even though i don't like the couple, I like the sweetness. But i get how some people might not see it or it seems childish if you just want the sexy sultry stuff. (or you don't like the couple at all). :)

37 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

This show cannot write romance for some reason, which is kind of bad since it's a soap opera.

it can't write drama either. 0 for 2. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

one of the two. Nina - to apologise. or Sonny (who also needs to own his crap). 

If Nina has to apologize to Carly, she needs to apologize to Michael, Kristina, Joss, Avery, Brook Lynn and everyone else who missed Sonny. And then Carly should apologize to Nina for pushing Michael to restrict her access to Wylie, and Carly and Jax need to apologize to Nina for not telling her about Nelle, and so on, and so on, and so on.

I think what Nina did is between her and Sonny, and it's to him how he decides to handle it.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

well like i mentioned - i'm not really. into Fiz either. (and i am team Anna/Valentine because i think they do sparkle). but personally- as i mentioned, I like the sweet, adorkable falling in love just as much as the sexy sultry ways too.  it's usually a blend of everything, and so even though i don't like the couple, I like the sweetness. But i get how some people might not see it or it seems childish if you just want the sexy sultry stuff. (or you don't like the couple at all). :)

Not that I am a fan of the couple haha, but it might be better if they wrote it like they weren't both 15 years old. These are seasoned adults (supposedly). I just found it embarrassing. But if people enjoyed it then hey, what do I know? And I don't like sexy, sultry all the time. I loved Brody/Jess on OLTL and hey, I liked Chase/Willow a lot in the beginning (now we can see what a mistake that was). I have a feeling Sprina will be sweet also, and I might be able to get behind them. This just didn't work for me (maybe because it seemed more appropriate writing for the teens). Glad you enjoyed it though. :)

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it can't write drama either. 0 for 2. 

Truth. This cannot be said enough. What is this show even good at besides pissing us off? 

Anyway, it does suck that Joss is the reason that Maxie is going to go to Carly. Like why the hell is she listening to her? Shut up, Joss.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5

My concern is that Carly will only be told that Nina knew Sonny was alive and withheld the truth from Carly.  I think that the part where "Mike" repeatedly said he didn't want to know about his previous life and that he actively pursued Nina romantically will not be mentioned.  Nor that he ranted that his family didn't try to find him. It is only going to be what a terrible awful disgusting person Nina is. Jax could set some of the record straight about Mike's complete disinterest in his previous life, but it is unlikely.  Where is Jax anyway? He doesn't have any reason to linger in Nixon Falls.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

My concern is that Carly will only be told that Nina knew Sonny was alive and withheld the truth from Carly.  I think that the part where "Mike" repeatedly said he didn't want to know about his previous life and that he actively pursued Nina romantically will not be mentioned.

Nina should throw that in her face after what will no doubt be Carly spitting nails at her nonstop for three scenes in a row.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

I have this feeling that Sonny is going to go into a manic phase because he hasn't been looking after his bipolar disease for 9 months.

But he has unless they plan on retconning that too.  

Did Nina ask Maxie to be the one to tell Carly?

Nope.  Maxie's first loyalty should be to her sister in law and not stupid Carly.  Just another person who'll throw Nina under the bus and then run her over with it.  Lets make sure absolutely no one is in Nina's corner.  

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That still is a shitty thing for Maxie to do, especially after the way Nina confessed everything to her.

Not to mention, Nina is keeping the Bailey is really Louise secret.  

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I have this feeling that Sonny is going to go into a manic phase because he hasn't been looking after his bipolar disease for 9 months.

But he has unless they plan on retconning that too.  

All I'm saying is that they were most certainly fore shadowing this.

Also Phylis is a nurse not a Psychiatrist or a MD so just because she found some pills for Sonny to take doesn't really mean he was looking after his bipolar so I don't really think it is that much of a retcon. Sonny/Mike went 9 months with out mental health care.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

All I'm saying is that they were most certainly fore shadowing this.

Also Phylis is a nurse not a Psychiatrist or a MD so just because she found some pills for Sonny to take doesn't really mean he was looking after his bipolar so I don't really think it is that much of a retcon. Sonny/Mike went 9 months with out mental health care.

Of course they'll retcon it. It's how this show rolls.

Phyllis didn't give him the prescription. She had him see a doctor--that short-haired redhead, who prescribed the medication.

But, under this regime, they keep retconning, daily, so I wouldn't be surprised if they'll write in, Mooby wasn't taking any medication and didn't have a single manic episode!🙄

• Love 3

Finn and Elizabeth were cute, and Chase's smile was ADORABLE. He's so the best part of the show these days. And this line: "If Scott hadn't fallen from the sky, who knows?" is something you only hear on a soap, hee.

I feel like I missed a scene before Valentin and Anna in the hospital with Chloe. And LOL that the doctor in the hospital in Crete is Asian and speaks English with an American accent. Not that that's impossible, but it's pretty unlikely in a nonmilitary hospital.

How are people able to get into Liesl's room without using the door but she can't get out the same way?

Ugh, all this handwringing over Sonny maybe having a manic episode or getting parazzzzzz. What was I writing?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And this line: "If Scott hadn't fallen from the sky, who knows?" is something you only hear on a soap, hee.

I thought the same thing and almost posted it, but I got distracted. 😂

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Maxie's first loyalty should be to her sister in law and not stupid Carly.  Just another person who'll throw Nina under the bus and then run her over with it.  Lets make sure absolutely no one is in Nina's corner.  

From the looks of the preview, she throws her under the bus, runs her over, then hits reverse and backs up over her, too.  I guess it's more important for Maxie to stay on the Corinthii good side than be loyal to her family. 

• Love 4

Why was Joss even talking to Maxie and BLQ? They both looked like they were trying to escape the conversation with her. But also. Maxie. Say you heard it from Britt. You already know how she knows. In fact, I think the preview is a misdirect, and Carly is fuming because she’s learning Jason ran to Britt 5 seconds after Sonny returned. 

• Love 3

Why does Maxie owe Carly anything to tell her about Nina. Sonny is there he can tell her himself. Maxie doesn't need to be spilling to Carly. As horrible selfish choices Nina made, she is Maxie's family not Carly.

Nina's not sorry, she's sorry she got caught. Until Jax showed up she was going to continue this lie and go on her Mike date, kissing a married man, probably going to sleep with the married man, let Carly commit bigamy. 

Bringing up the Cassadine will and the island. I wonder if Valentine is somehow legit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2021 at 5:13 PM, mostlylurking said:

I don’t care. Nothing against the actress who has been pretty good, but I’m so over Nixon Falls bullshit.  It’s been nearly a year!  Maybe they can fold her into the GH canvas somehow, but I don’t really care either way. And this is coming from someone who really doesn’t blame Phyllis all that much for not encouraging Sonny to find out who he is. I mean, it was HIS life, and he didn’t give two shits about it.

PS:  sorry for the above quotation for some reason I couldn’t comment on it and I couldn’t delete it. 

Isn’t she a nurse?  With the bar gone and being newly widowed, she will probably follow Nina to Port Charles.  Lots of opportunities for her to meddle at the hospital.

On 9/24/2021 at 5:23 PM, Gam2 said:

I thought the whole NF story with “Mike” and Nina and Phyllis/Lenny was too unrealistic even for GH. However, I did like the softer version of Sonny being Mike. I didn’t realize how much I liked it until today when he was YELLING all of the time at Nina. He obviously cannot remember his lines. He must be hard to act with although some of the actresses seem to cope better than others. I’m ready for this actor to depart.

Be ready for a long wait.  The only way he leaves is if they replace the current showrunner, or it gets cancelled.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Why was Joss even talking to Maxie and BLQ? They both looked like they were trying to escape the conversation with her. But also. Maxie. Say you heard it from Britt. You already know how she knows. In fact, I think the preview is a misdirect, and Carly is fuming because she’s learning Jason ran to Britt 5 seconds after Sonny returned. 

i really hope that's the case. 

Honestly, like. Nina was wrong and scuz to lie about this for so long, but Carly lied about her dead daughter because she didn't want to be implicated in anything that might have been seen as intentional. she was happily prepared to go through the rest of her life holding that secret over Nina, when Nina found out and was justifiably upset, carly didn't even have the good grace to own her poo or anything. it all of a sudden became Nina's fault, and Nina had no respect for carly or her feelings, and attacking Nina for wanting to be with her grandson that she was prepared to keep her from knowing. 

Like nina is still cray cray about the mike thing but again once she snapped out of her NF haze all she's done was apologize for her actions and take total ownership which is nothing Carly will ever do

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Bringing up the Cassadine will and the island. I wonder if Valentine is somehow legit. 

I don't think he is legit. I just think that Victor will end up being his father even if though the actors are only 10 years apart. If TP was still playing Victor it will work better for the storyline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Obviously Nina has no leg to stand on, but I still hope that, when Carly eventually screechily confronts her, Nina remembers to tell Carly that she would have told her day one if Carly hadn't been such a nasty, snarling B to her on the phone.

• Love 14

First off, MB was more awful then usual. When he was stuttering and stammering trying to remember his lines he was messing up CW because she starting messing up her delivery and her lines. It looks like he was looking for his cue cards that they all deny still exist. That said, I did like the part where he realized that he like nice Mike, too. Sonny almost seemed like he wouldn’t tell anyone else about Nina’s part but snapped out of it. 

Secondly, I was surprised by Maxie’s automatic thought to tell Carly thus throwing Nina under the bus. I thought she was all about the sisterhood with Nina & Britt. What happened? I was kind of thrown off by that. Maybe, it will play out differently on tomorrow’s episode but it looks like Carly is angry and wants answers. I’m guessing once Sonny gets more intel on Jason & Carly’s wedding and non honeymoon and sees them in certain situations he might go ballistic on them which would be fun.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3