Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I have the episode recorded. But I think that I'm going to skip it altogether. It sounds dreadful.

I recap so you don't have to. 
I need ice cream for my suffering (sniff)

• Love 8

Nina's screaming for Mike was so over the top. Omg it was horrid, so over acting. Nina's so crazy trying think they'd just carry on with together while Sonny has his memories.

Jason being so happy is weird. The original Carly and Jason with SB and SB I would be loving this, but LW Carly I can't see romantic with Jason.

Why didn't Jax send a text? 911- Sonny is alive. Or Peter was sighted. Something!

Maxie's dress wasn't flattering.

Sonny has every right to hate and be angry and blame Nina. For all the reasons Jax said. His children and grand children has been mourning him and missing their father yet she kept the lie from them to spite Carly. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sonny has every right to hate and be angry and blame Nina. For all the reasons Jax said. His children and grand children has been mourning him and missing their father yet she kept the lie from them to spite Carly. 

"Mike" was under the belief that whatever family that he may have had, they didn't bother looking for him. He never realized that he had fallen off a bridge into a river and presumably drowned. When he woke up, he was miles away from the river and in a town that apparently has never heard of the internet or google.

Forget Sonny. I  hate and am angry and do blame Nina for keeping her mouth shut since March. We were forced to watch this dumb Nixon Falls storyline that included a bar with zero customers and the Chekhov Sauce.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Monica goes "I keep thinking Tracey will barge in and Keep Carly from marrying into this family." Me: Oh that would have been great. 

Tracy always was the hero the show needed.

I'm not sure what was more annoying: the wedding played completely straight and achingly sincere or Sonny gradually extricating himself from the world's slowest growing fire.

Based on how delusional Nina is being - "Well, the good news is, I don't have to lie anymore, we can start from scratch" met by Sonny's "Bitch, what?" face - I'm thinking the next phase is Sonny returning to PC and playing out a Sonny/Carly/Jason triangle while Nina continues to pursue him until mentally unraveling to the point where Cynthia Watros gets to revisit the days of crazy Annie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Hey Jax, even if you can't reach Maxie, you could at least call Uncle Mac, Chief of Detectives.  Or just police dispatch.

Funny how the FD have time to set up a command center awning, while Sonny is in the fire for an hour or two.

Continuity, you can see the flowers in Carly's hair getting bigger or smaller based on the order in which each scene was taped.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Like i find it hilarious that Sonny's first thing is "I'm sonny, bitch, why did you lie." not "hey are you okay, before I blow your world up by letting you know i know the truth?"

He actually did kind of growl-ask that when she first came in, but ina  barely perfunctory way.  

3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't understand why everyone beleives Jarly's limo is the one that blew up.  Am I the only one who knew from the get go (spoiler free) that the bomb was under the Novak/Buscema car and that Wu likely set it up.    

I thought everyone here had connected those dots...Some people were just talking about better ways the show could have built the suspense. The many, many ways, LOL.

• Love 2

I'm also not sure how the show will manage the Jarly relationship with moobster returning.  But I can almost guarantee they will somehow, someway, get all of Sonny/Jason/Carly/Michael to look brave and strong and loyal to one another when it's over.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

He didn't remember them, though.  Maybe the amnesia story would have been better without NF, since the whole family could experience this person who looks like their father but does not remember them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not that I care, and doubt anything will happen to CUJO, but if Mooby decides he wants Nina (and will she be willing to become a mob moll?), no way he won't want his bidnez back, because he's Mooby. The other Families will still want to kill her cuz she ain't Mooby's wife no mo' and could still spill to the Feds about what  she all of a sudden she says she knows. So, for the sake of "FAMILY" Jaysus will sacrifice is 🤢wuv🤢 and same for Mooby. SheBeast is the mutter of some of his living children, after all.

Yes……. ‘wuv’……….

• LOL 1
43 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I thought everyone here had connected those dots...Some people were just talking about better ways the show could have built the suspense. The many, many ways, LOL.

yeah, I know it was under the "bad mob's" car. - oh  how i wish it were Carly/Sonny's. 
it was just a cheap click/boom thing they were trying to do.

the worst part of this is, Carly wins again
nothing happened to Joss. Nothing comes out from Novak's threatening Joss, so Jax just looks like a big dummy freaking out and Carly can go I TOLD YOU SO. 

unless Joey takes revenge over his old man's death. 

• Love 13

Anybody could have walked by that limo and been killed. (But of course that would never happen, cuz we can't have Jason getting innocent blood on his hands.) As it is, it looks like the church sustained substantial damage from the blast. Hope nobody got injured with all that glass and debris flying. No big whoops. Jarly can send them a big check and they'll be ready for the next mob wedding.   

• Love 9
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, did anyone else notice, the paramedic who checked out Sonny at the scene, pulled out his little pen light and flashed it on Sonny's CLOSED eyelids.  Whatcha lookin for there, buddy?  His eye shadow?  Lice in his eyebrows?  Because you clearly weren't checking his pupils through his skin.  

LMAO. 

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't understand why everyone beleives Jarly's limo is the one that blew up.  Am I the only one who knew from the get go (spoiler free) that the bomb was under the Novak/Buscema car and that Wu likely set it up.  Monday will open with Jarly arriving at the reception, while everyone claps and then SHOCKING we'll see that the other limo is the one that got all blowed up.  

The least interesting way, which will be that Sonny will hate Nina and blame her despite being the one to insist multiple times that he didn't want to know.  

I was actually complimenting this show on doing a few non-predictable things and now they've done the beam knocking Sonny's back thing and this ending today. I will say I didn't see this coming days ago, but it was so obvious with Wu mysteriously whispering something in Jason's ear and then Carly following up on it with Jason not elaborating. At that point it was obvious to me what was happening. Not to mention they're clearly not going to kill Carly and Jason, so there was absolutely zero suspense. Like others have said though, it's gross that Jason allowed this without seeming to think about an accidental passerby. Though with the show always needing to shine Jason's halo, I'm sure on Monday there will be some kind of follow-up with Wu or Spinelli or someone with him thanking them for making sure there was no passer-by or possibility anyone got hurt.

God, Nina's screaming really was insufferable today. I get that she loves Mike but what did she think she could do running back in there and what did she expect Jax to do? 

• Love 4
On 9/16/2021 at 7:39 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'd say Felicia and Cass's friendship on Another World trumps this "friendship", which I only see as an unhealthy codependent relationship. Where the SheBeast never lost an opportunity to tell all and sundry "she doesn't share".

Let me clarify then: Luke and Laura's wedding was the best wedding in millennia. Yeah, I said it!

I still hear Steve Schnetzer’s voice on TV commercials.  I always recognize his voice like. Shot.  No one sounds like him.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

The NF fire department is even more inept than the PCPD. Not one firefighter put water on the fire? No one had masks? They all stood around talking and ‘strategizing’ rather than actually, you know, FIGHT the fire!

They were absolutely useless. I could have fought the fire better than they did. And I'm 5 feet and way out of shape. And Nina. God, Nina. Jax or at least Phyllis needed to slap her. That was just sad and disturbing. The insane amount of propping that Sonny, Carly, and Jason have gotten over the past few weeks but especially today is past the point of being annoying.

4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I had to turn away every time. 

Same here. Along with sticking my fingers in my ears saying "Lalalalalalala I can't hear you lalalalalalala". Just too gross. 

So it's just Ms. Wu and Sonny's territory now? I'm sure Joey will pop back up for retaliation. But even though I so wish it had been the gross married couple, I have to give Ms. Wu credit for engineering this coup and consolidating power. No one fucks with Ms. Wu. Sonny is going to go ballistic at having this mob so called peace disturbed. I hope he lays into Carly especially but also Jason for screwing this up so royally. But I still like my plan of dividing the town and playing them off each other. I need something besides the Mob Follies of the Unholy Trio to make this anything worthwhile. Nina can stay in NF permanently, never to be seen again.

• Love 7

I find it hilarious that Sonny’s return included a replay of his greatest hits, and wonder if the writers were doing it for the LOL value, or if they’re such hacks that they don’t even realize.

First, there was the smashing of the barware. Then, when he rose from the ashes… “Sonuvabitch!” I was so waiting for him to call Nina a whore or a slut. I’m sure it’s coming, and when it does, I will claim my trifecta.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
17 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Sure Ned is Jason's cousin, but I think they're also at the wedding because Olivia is supposed to be good friends with Carly (or at least they work together.) Brooklyn is Jason's cousin by blood only. I can't recall them ever sharing a scene, so I understand why she wouldn't show. 

Dante, on the other hand, I couldn't see attending this in a million years unless he was still married to Lulu. He's only connected to them via Carly being Sonny's widow, and he arrests Jason on a near weekly basis. Plus he's currently trying to hook up with Jason's ex...

Hey now!  Dante and Jaysus have probably bonded a lot during the offscreen part of those arrests.  They both like sports, cars, motorcycles, guns, etc.. plenty of room for some guy talk…….. Or Jaysus just sits there like a statue.  I don’t know.

• LOL 6
9 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't understand why everyone beleives Jarly's limo is the one that blew up.  Am I the only one who knew from the get go (spoiler free) that the bomb was under the Novak/Buscema car and that Wu likely set it up.  Monday will open with Jarly arriving at the reception, while everyone claps and then SHOCKING we'll see that the other limo is the one that got all blowed up.  

The least interesting way, which will be that Sonny will hate Nina and blame her despite being the one to insist multiple times that he didn't want to know.  

Based on Jason’s comments in his limo I got the impression he has anticipated this and moved the bomb to their car.  Or maybe Wu tipped him off.  Either way, I think you’re right.  The bomb is not under Jarly’s car.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Sonny has every right to hate and be angry and blame Nina.

Then he needs to hate and be angry with himself since he's been saying for months that he didn't want to remember who he was, even on this (never ending) "day".  Once to Jax and once to dad Mike.  

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think everyone realizes it's not their limo--we're just musing on what could have been!

Ahhh, got it!!!

I think it would have been more interesting if it had been the Jarly limo.  Not necessarily to kill them (yeah, yeah we wan them dead!!) but in terms of serious injuries to either if not both, since that would be the only thing that would wake them up in terms of the danger of their lives.  

3 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Dante and Jaysus have probably bonded a lot during the offscreen part of those arrests.  

About Sonny.  their favourite topic is Sonny and how wonderful a man he is despite his job.  I mean, he's a freakin' hero.  

8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I will say I didn't see this coming days ago, but it was so obvious with Wu mysteriously whispering something in Jason's ear

Oh, I didn't mean that I've known all along.  I meant that as soon as Wu whispered, I knew that whatever bad thing was going to happen, wasn't going to happen to Jarly.  That she was warning him.  

8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

the beam knocking Sonny's back thing a

Normally those things don't bother me, siince it's just television.  But I spent last weekend watching the 6 part documentary on 9/11 on the National Geographic chanel (anyone else catch it) where they have new footage and story of the whole day from the perspective of multiple survivors.  It was very brutal and heart breaking.  

So to watch a week later, a guy get hit by what seems like a giant cement block, that traps him in a burning building for who knows how long.  Who then manages to throw the heavy block off of him, like it's cardboard and walk out said building was a bit much, under his own power, because the firefighters are so inept.  Then to see him at the hospital with no injuries, no broken back or leg or bruised kidney or ruptured spleen, I mean he wasn't even coughing like PHylis and NIna were, while he growl/yelled at Nina for doing what he himself has been doing, ignoring his past, was beyond annoying.  Meh.  (end of rant!!)

• Love 14
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

No one fucks with Ms. Wu.

The mob boss PC should have but never will, alas. She'd keep things tight.

I really hope they don't have Nina completely lose it, because I'm beyond sick and tired of the wimmins becoming unhinged by lurve. However, that is the easy way, and this show doesn't exactly zig when we think it will zag.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I think it would have been more interesting if it had been the Jarly limo.  Not necessarily to kill them (yeah, yeah we wan them dead!!) but in terms of serious injuries to either if not both, since that would be the only thing that would wake them up in terms of the danger of their lives.  

If the past decades of violence haven't made an impact on them in terms of the danger of their lives, getting blown up certainly won't.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I really hope they don't have Nina completely lose it, because I'm beyond sick and tired of the wimmins becoming unhinged by lurve. However, that is the easy way, and this show doesn't exactly zig when we think it will zag.

Nina looks primed for Ferncliffe over her "Mike" love. 

I ended up watching yesterday's episode, with a finger on the FF button, while not enjoying the journey at all. I FFed through all the wedding stuff because I could not find a single fuck to give about that.

Sonny is back to his screaming and threatening self. It took no time at all and Nina is completely certifiable. She knows exactly what's at stake for Maxie and she gets all up in Jax's face for calling her to let her know that Peter is alive and that he was stalking her. 

Imagine how Nina would be if she and Sonny had actually had sex instead of just kissing. 

Novak and Buscemi dying is no loss whatsoever. They were useless and very stupid. Now Jason and Carly are more powerful because they're married. Do you not have 2 brain cells to rub between the two of you? Bye, Felicia.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

About Sonny.  their favourite topic is Sonny and how wonderful a man he is despite his job.  I mean, he's a freakin' hero.  

Normally those things don't bother me, siince it's just television.  But I spent last weekend watching the 6 part documentary on 9/11 on the National Geographic chanel (anyone else catch it) where they have new footage and story of the whole day from the perspective of multiple survivors.  It was very brutal and heart breaking.  

So to watch a week later, a guy get hit by what seems like a giant cement block, that traps him in a burning building for who knows how long.  Who then manages to throw the heavy block off of him, like it's cardboard and walk out said building was a bit much, under his own power, because the firefighters are so inept.  Then to see him at the hospital with no injuries, no broken back or leg or bruised kidney or ruptured spleen, I mean he wasn't even coughing like PHylis and NIna were, while he growl/yelled at Nina for doing what he himself has been doing, ignoring his past, was beyond annoying.  Meh.  (end of rant!!)

Sadly, I don’t think getting blown up would have affected them. Even one of their kids getting hurt wouldn’t have. Carly was shot in the head by Sonny. Michael was shot. Still, she eventually went back to him. Jason was kicked into the harbor (That was by Faison and I guess not technically mob related, but still) and missed years of his kids’ lives and that still didn’t make him waver a tiny bit. 

That was incredibly annoying and stupid. To make the firefighters look that blindly inept that they claim no way to get in, but Sonny just traipses out, only stumbling a little. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nina looks primed for Ferncliffe over her "Mike" love. 

That might be the only thing that saves her from Carly's wrath.  It's not like we really need Nina for awhile, apparently Crimson can run itself without any staff whatsoever.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, sas616 said:

Is Ms. Wu related to Brad?   I seem to remember his family was somehow connected to the mob.

Yes, I believe that is his biological family. When RC was writing, he made Brad part of the Wu family, and I had hoped to see a resurgence of the Chinese quarter and more development for Brad. I'm in the minority in that I loved/love Brad! I wish RC had stuck around b/c I would have loved to see his vision for Brucas and Brad! 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I really hope they don't have Nina completely lose it, because I'm beyond sick and tired of the wimmins becoming unhinged by lurve. However, that is the easy way, and this show doesn't exactly zig when we think it will  the better story would be to zag.

Fixed that for you. 😉

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

Cute hug scene with Pip and jason.

Thank goodness LW and the other females didn't seem to.buy into the fake spider eyelash extensions. And gosh LW is so naturally pretty. Looks like she even still doesn't have her teeth capped or whatever. Good for her. She kept her natural beauty. Her makeup was very pretty too. 

I thought Joss look adorable. Her hair, makeup (except the highlighter in the corner -not a fan of that look but I've seen makeup artists on tv do.this for awhile). I thought she did just fine with the reading and wasn't giddy or silly about it. I didn't like those big rhinestone earrings with the otherwise delicate look for Joss.

Ugh, Bobbie is holding on to every shred of what she used to look like. Her whole look is too harsh. 

Geez, Michael has more spray and highlights in his hair than my Nanna. Yuk.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I don't understand why everyone beleives Jarly's limo is the one that blew up. 

Because Frank wants me to be worried all weekend about how will Jason and Carly survive and I always do what Frank wants.

12 hours ago, Daisy said:

the worst part of this is, Carly wins again
nothing happened to Joss. Nothing comes out from Novak's threatening Joss, so Jax just looks like a big dummy freaking out and Carly can go I TOLD YOU SO. 

unless Joey takes revenge over his old man's death. 

Why care about the journey when the ending is always the same, Sonny/Carly/Jason/Michael/Joss win?

And Mrs. Wu, in whom I placed my faith, is yet another wimmin who knuckles down to the great Jason and Sonny mob.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

And Mrs. Wu, in whom I placed my faith, is yet another wimmin who knuckles down to the great Jason and Sonny mob.

Well, there's still hope for her. She's eliminated the leaders of 2 of the 4 or 5 families. In a perfect world, she'd eventually turn on Jason. But this is GH, so . . .  

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I feel betrayed. 

star-wars-chosen-one.gif

Ms. Wu is dead to me. 

and honestly, like okay yeah nothing is ever happening to Carly/Jason. but like. this whole lead up was stupid. (and like we're saying now, I bet you Sonny isn't going to be a normal human being, and pick up the phone, he's going to teleport to PC and catch Jason/Carly .... you knowing (I can't even say it), just to recreate "history"). but storywise... something should have happened to joss. stuff should have happened at this wedding, instead of the gag inducing eye-screwing from Millowtonin, and Carly/Jason

Like i never realized how badly i wanted something horrible to happen to joss until it didn't. (for story reasons. Yeah I don't like her, but storywise? that's exactly where it was leading it would have created another layer of somethin' somethin' (awesome fighting) between Jax and Carly/Jason because Jax was bringing it all month IMO, and it would have just.... some new shades of drahmah. 

but all we got was everyone pooping on Quatermaines (because apparently that's what we do now), the worlds longest two days, followed by the worlds boring wedding. nothing happened. and quite frankly, Jason and Carly aren't two people who deserve a dramafree wedding. 

• Love 9

Yeah, the big payoff of the wedding is...Jason kills people?  But, it's OK, because they were "bad."  And even though him putting the bomb on a car parked near people going to HIS wedding--and they could've gotten hurt--that's OK, too, because he was only "protecting his family."

This fucking show.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And even though him putting the bomb on a car parked near people going to HIS wedding-

I want to pretend to believe that Jason had nothing to do with and no knowledge of the bomb planting.  I want to believe that Ms Wu got tired of knucklehead One and Two and decided the Jarly wedding was the best time to take them out, sending a message to Cyrus at the same time.  Possibly even setting up to  make it look like Jarly did it.  Do NOT mess with Ms. Wu.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.  La, la, la, la, la, la.....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not his old man. Joey is his nephew.

thanks for correcting me, again. :)
His uncle. 

24 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I want to believe that Ms Wu got tired of knucklehead One and Two and decided the Jarly wedding was the best time to take them out, sending a message to Cyrus at the same time. 

that can work for me. 

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Eh! She's just smarter than the other two bozos. She picked the side she knew would win since they never lose.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Well, I would think Jason & Carly should be dead with a blast like that. Even the wind blew in the church. LOL!!! The bomb either was the Jason & Carly limo or someone else. Maybe, Gladys put a bomb on the gentleman’s limo since he dumped her. Tune in Monday.

I will say Sonny has one strong back. He must work his core at the boxing in between hitting the bag. I will say I thought MB looked great with gray beard. Nina is still in delusional and Sonny is going to rip her to shreds. God knows what Carly will do. Fun times ahead. 

Thank you to the person who wiped Nina's face for the hospital scenes. The soot looked stupid. All the coughing and anvils about needing to get checked out made me wonder if she'll succumb to smoke inhalation and collapse as she's begging Sonny to forgive her. Then everyone will forget how pissed they are as they plead with her to wake up.

Jason/Epiphany hug

"I will name him George. And I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him."1480111719_ScreenShot2021-09-19at7_30_26AM.png.494e1d6d8991f82b4a51bec222844762.png

bugs bunny hug GIF by Looney Tunes

Edited by BlueberryJane23
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 9/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, lala2 said:

Yes, I believe that is his biological family. When RC was writing, he made Brad part of the Wu family, and I had hoped to see a resurgence of the Chinese quarter and more development for Brad. I'm in the minority in that I loved/love Brad! I wish RC had stuck around b/c I would have loved to see his vision for Brucas and Brad! 

Brad was never a villain, just desperate and weak.  With some bad luck thrown in the mix. But still somewhat endearing.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

Brad was never a villain, just desperate and weak.  With some bad luck thrown in the mix. But still somewhat endearing.

I was so hopeful back in February that he would get out soon. I like him with Britt mainly, which is probably a good thing since Lucas rarely gets decent screen time. 

• Love 4
On 9/17/2021 at 5:20 PM, perkie1968 said:

It felt very weird and icky seeing them all lovey dovey.  It was hard for my brain to wrap around the concept since they've been friends for so long to suddenly see him smiling at her and them kissing.  It was like watching siblings kiss,  just gross.  

I've been watching sporadically for years, so maybe I've missed things. I thought early on that Carly and Jason were sexually involved, before she got involved with Sonny. Am I misremembering that? Even if they were, it is possible that over the years that attraction waned, so getting together now is a little awkward, I suppose.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I've been watching sporadically for years, so maybe I've missed things. I thought early on that Carly and Jason were sexually involved, before she got involved with Sonny. Am I misremembering that? Even if they were, it is possible that over the years that attraction waned, so getting together now is a little awkward, I suppose.

No you aren't misremembering. They were in a casual sexual relationship.

• Love 1

It was hard for my brain to wrap around the concept since they've been friends for so long to suddenly see him smiling at her and them kissing.

I'm not a Carly/Jason shipper by any means but I still think it would be a far more interesting story if they wanted to stay together even after Sonny returns or Jason decides to not simply walk away from Carly (romantically) just because Sonny is back. Will that happen? Doubtful.

I will say though it was quite disconcerting to see Jason smiling so much during the wedding. And while I don't mind that the writers suddenly decided to explore them having actual feelings for each other, I mind the way it done. Up until like a week ago or so, Jason looked like he wanted to run away every time the wedding was mentioned and then boom! We have real feels!

Nina was out of control. Good lawd. I mean I generally like CW but geez. And while I don't think it's quite fair to blame her for everything - Sonny will of course. No matter how many times he said he didn't want to know about this past blah blah - now it's all Nina's fault.

I loved Mike's first memory of being Sonny is broken barware. Sigh. This show.

• Love 7

It was interesting to see young Sonny. I was in/out of GH during that time because I was watching ATWT & GL. Although, I did remember him from AMC and thought he was funny on that show. Of course, times change and we all get older. Bad writing and budget cuts make the soaps (GH especially) horrible to watch sometimes. I’m curious what becomes of Nina when she returns to Port Charles and has to face Carly, Michael & Maxie. I guess it will be the rebuilding of Nina. I usually like Cynthia Watros but her OTT hysterics on Friday were awful. Now, I’m trying to figure out who they are going to pair Nina with next?! 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I usually like Cynthia Watros but her OTT hysterics on Friday were awful.

She does NOT do anguish well. She was just like this at the Sasha reveal, and again when she learned the truth about Nelle. Writers, please: Don’t do storylines where Nina gets upset. It’s kind of distracting, and also a bit comical.

• Love 4

Today's Journey

Post Wedding Crap

And we see the car blow up again. Oh look. Carly and Jason are okay. 

Everyone is at the reception. Everyone is blowing smoke up Carly and Jason. Dianne is like where are they are they already in jail?!  lmao. 

OMG. Now Ms Wu is blowing smoke up their ass. "go to the reception and celebrate your love." (Gag gag gag gag gag gag). - Wu only helped them because she didn't want to work with sloppy people or people in jail. (whatever). 

Dianne points out that Gladys could have been in the car with her date. and gives a pointed look. she has no time for them. Honestly, while Dianne is bringing up the valid points i have no time for her because she keeps these losers out of jail.

Olivia is being a cow, Austin doesn't really care. 

the girls are giggling about Brando's stripping and Joss is like "like i never saw anything like that before?" Cam's like when?  Joss has. "ughoh face." 

Brando is being evasive with Gladys and saying, "yah you might just wanna prepare yourself that Novak isn't coming." 

Maxie is whinging "omg no bride and groom." (like who cares if they aren't there. dance and eat cake). but oh look. the Murderer and his Wife shows up, and now they are dancing. 

Michael speech. can't even be bothered. Michael "Mom you are the best mom in the world." (no she's not). but lots of brave, strong and true Carly propping . not here for it. 

Spinelli is asking the Murderer about the bombing. Spinelli is like "it will be a shame if the police shows up and ruin this it will hurt Maxie. Shut up Spinelli. 

Olivia is all "I can't believe you are talking about MY SON with Other PEOPLE because nothing is wrong with MY SON. SOMETIMES I WONDER WHY WE'RE STILL MARRIED. Shut up Olivia. 

Willow catches the bouquet. Millowtonin crap. 

Carly hugs Monica. and my brain explodes again. I don't care how much she loves Jason. I'll never forget about AJ. Sorry. I just can not with this. 

Now Olivia is saying that Ned and she aren't getting back together. (again. Isn't Ned Leo's legal father? he has a say you cow). 

Millowtonin are talking about marriage and it will be real like this wedding

Jason and Carly are talking about right this is.

Sonny comes into the house. (So it took like Valentine and Anna like. a week to get to NF but it takes Sonny an episode to get home? whatever show). 

Olivia comes back and Ned is like look I love him too, so I'm willing to risk us getting back together, but don't you think we should get our beautiful boy checked out?

Quatermaines!
Brooklyn didn't go because she was closer to Sonny. Chase comes to visit. Chase misses Bailey and the rest. 

Chase points out that Bailey doesn't look like BLQ + Valentine. BLQ deflects and goes, that BaileyLu is her own person.  Something about camping, BLQ doesn't like it. We learn that Chase is is seeking an annulment. BLQ goes are you sad and Chase goes "I wouldn't change a moment of it." 

That sound you hear is my brain exploding. or imploding. holy eff, show. 

BLQ agrees. Chase is like. well. her love gave me the strength to survive.. It wasn't the love he wanted, and Chase can't regret being with someone who gave him that much joy DUDE. SERIOUSLY?!  I can't even even with this. 

BLQ is like you are human, and you are a bad bad guy. So please stay good. (some flirting i think) 

Nixon Fails Crap

Sonny is like i can't deal with you Nina. Nina is like I LOVE YOU. Sonny is shouting at her, and Nina is like you can't leave. Sonny is like I'm going to my wife and kids, try and stop me. Yeah. Nina you idiot. This is who you fell in love with. 

Jax: Sonny?"
Sonny: yeah, don't be surprised . 
Jax: well i am happy to see you, believe it or not
Jax: Can i give you a ride home?
Sonny: Whatever. 

Jax goes into the room, and Nina is crying in bed. 

Anna and Valentine show up. Nina is like oh you are here. Valentine is like duh, you called me, and you sounded weird. Nina is like "It was Peter."

Anna: how did Peter find you?"
Nina: "He was following Maxie"
Anna: "And you..... didn't call... the police?" yah. dummy.
Nina: "Well, he was threatening James, so I called Lisel?"
Anna: "Okay but you... didn't have any other opportunities to um... call us, or the police?" 
Nina: "I was in a tough spot and Peter was blackmailing me."
Jax oh bitch please. but he bails out Nina and says "That's not important, Peter is still missing."

Valentine is pissed. It finally clues into Nina that Peter would be after Maxie. Valentine + Anna are on the move. 

NOW Nina's worried about maxie. 

Valentine is saying if he sees Peter, he'll shoot him on sight. Liar. no one remembers they can do that. 

Nina finally gets through to maxie. Maxie poops her pants. 

OH hey! Anna found Peter! And Anna has a gun cocked and loaded. WHY DID YOU TALK TO HIM. JUST BLOW HIS HEAD OFFF. 

The show ends with
Jason and Carly saying how nervous they are but they have he rest of their lives. Sonny is walking around his house. Jason and Carly say i love you and kiss. (gaaagg). Sonny - you know instead of picking up the phone and being all "I AM HERE, I AM ALIVE!!" is just tralalla, let me look at my castle.  and he walks up the stairs. 

oh my goodness this journey hurt my head and gag reflexes 
the BLQ/Chase stuff was great though

• Love 14