Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Is Victor still alive? Helena? It's not Peter who set up the plane because he didn't have time. The oxygen masks containing knock-out gas was a nice touch.

Shawn, Paris' main airport is not called "Charlie de Goolia". How hard is it to find someone on the show, anyone, who can teach him to say it properly? I guess they're chem testing him with both Jordan and Alexis.

My head hurts from the spaghetti sauce anvil. Suddenly Joss wants too cook for her father but doesn't look up the recipe first to see how long it takes so Trina saves the day with a half jar of the perfect spaghetti sauce. Trina: "Trust me, it will change your life."  If only. I doubt that it's going to clear up Nixon Falls sooner than the non-MoC wedding.

5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

The camping stuff was kind of cute. 

And setting up Finn/Liz.  But if Liz and Finn fell in the water and now they're freezing so that they have to cuddle for warmth, why didn't they also change into dry clothes?

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because he isn't some random guy she met in a small town. Nina knows he's really Sonny Corinthos, and she has no idea when he'll finally realize that.

And she knows that he goes through women who aren't Carly like tissues. I hope the paycheck is worth it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm torn whether I want Jax to know the pasta sauce is Sonny's or if to think it's the worst thing he's ever eaten. (I know, why not both? Heh.)

I vote for he thinks it's disgusting, knows it's Sonny's AND tips off one of the head of one of the other 4 families and makes it look like the tip comes from Carly.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Liz and Finn fell in the water and now they're freezing so that they have to cuddle for warmth, why didn't they also change into dry clothes?

I don’t know the answer to this but Liz’s hair looked amazing. No one who camps has hair that looks that amazing. BH is so beautiful. 

Ugh so Joss and Trina are suddenly making dinner for Jax, apropos of nothing, just so the most amazing sauce in the history of sauces can make another appearance. Just stop, show!

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, considering she got him drunk (when he was doing so well--he was being played by Billy Warlock), then dumping him in a laundry cart; getting together with Mooby and then put AJ on a meat hook and forced him to give up his parental rights to Baby Michael.

That he would fuck her again, after EVERYTHING that CUJO did to him, was so fucking unbelievable for me; I don't care if the actors' chemistry was out of the roof. Those two should never have had sex ever again.

This, this, a thousand times THIS. I know chemistry is important on a soap, but for me, it's not the be all, end all for potential pairings. Carly - not Sonny or even Jason - is who got the ball rolling on the decimation of AJ's life. She did everything to keep him from his child and to destroy him and acted like he was beneath her. They should have never had sex again, and as much as I didn't like Todd/Carly, I'm glad they didn't pursue that any further.

• Love 6

Pasta sauce is the stupidest food-related MacGuffin since Bo and Nora figured out Old Man Nate punched Matthew into a coma via a retconned stick of gum on OLTL.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 6
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

s Victor still alive? Helena? It's not Peter who set up the plane because he didn't have time. The oxygen masks containing knock-out gas was a nice touch.

50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My head hurts from the spaghetti sauce anvil. Suddenly Joss wants too cook for her father but doesn't look up the recipe first to see how long it takes so Trina saves the day with a half jar of the perfect spaghetti sauce. Trina: "Trust me, it will change your life."  If only. I doubt that it's going to clear up Nixon Falls sooner than the non-MoC wedding.

wow stuff did happen today, I could just not pay attention, I guess I was just overwhelmed by the *kiss* LOL.

Yes Liz and Finn should have changed out of their wet clothes, especially since they were wearing such heavy clothes = camping somewhere cool. Yuk sitting around in wet jeans.

Edited by Blackie
spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Yes Liz and Finn should have changed out of their wet clothes, especially since they were wearing such heavy clothes

Weirder still is that before Chase took the kids for a walk, he told Fliz to change into dry clothes but then when they came back from commercial, Fliz were sitting together by the fire, still in the same clothes.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

ya today seemed pretty boring, I couldn't pay attention. The camping stuff was kind of cute. 

it was. i'll watch that (I did recorded it) that was the interesting. but i as getting so tired and bored. it had everything i didn't like today so... meh

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm torn whether I want Jax to know the pasta sauce is Sonny's or if to think it's the worst thing he's ever eaten. (I know, why not both? Heh.)

please let him get food poisoning. 

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It was awkwardly done, but I think that Anna mentioning Robert specifically in the context of their romantic history may be a clue that when TR returns, flirting may commence between the two of them. Can't hate that. 

I think the writers see the Anna/Robert pairing as over.  :(  They seem to want Anna with a younger guy, I'd say Valentin is next.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Chekov's sauce reared its ugly head today and, geez, could they be more over-the-top about it?  "It's the best thing you've ever tasted!" gushed Trina while Joss eyes got wide and she exclaimed "Gosh, I cannot wait to taste it!" 

Jordan teaming up again with a felon--how does she still have a job? 

I can't with Nina and Mike and their Mayberry romance.  Make it stop!

• Love 12
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was stunned  that she compared her and Robert's epic love story/friendship/crime fighting partnership to Carly and Jason's toxic/co-dependent behavior.

Sam is not believable as a smart detective, particularly when she's sharing scenes with two very believable investigators.

Same and UGH.  All I can think is the Show wants a current/long-time respectable authority on the Show and someone who used to be part of a supercouple (which didn't ever have sexual assault as part of the history) to congratulate C&J in a really poor attempt to make them seem like a legit couple with a real future,

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's like they set up the MoC premise and then decided to swerve to the 'romantic' idea that these two old friends were going to fall in love with each other, retconning that Carly had been in love with Jason for years while he was just saving her from her own follies.

Well said!!!  Swerve is the perfect word to describe the WTF-ery of their scenes as well as all the people who are either accepting or endorsing this commitment.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Joss and Trina are at Jax's  - apparently now Joss is a great cook. 

LOL Violet "Aunt Elizabeth is old, and she camps." Liz "Excuse me niece violet." that was funny. I love Violet. Chase is very mobile for someone who just got off his wheelchair. Now we're getting camping stories. 

She's a great cook .... of pasta and meatballs with sauce Trina brought from NF.  Alrightey then.   I LOLed that Trina said the Tan-O bar didn't serve food.  Well, if you can get drinks there but no food, I guess it explains why they don't ever have customers. 

I had a hard time getting into the "fun" scene because is that a recast Aiden?!! 😢 Or hopefully just a temp re-cast? I was looking forward to seeing Cam, Jake and real Aiden with Violet camping since both Elizabeth and Finn had said "the boys." I heard the excuse that Jake had a sleepover, but where was Cam?🙁 I really enjoy seeing the Webber brothers interact so it was rather disappointing.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Sonny/Nina:  Let's have a date and makeout.  

....in the same spot where their dear friend Lenny just died. Because he thought it would be romantic.  Btw "Mike" you actually "met Nina" inside the Tan-O, not there. 

I love how he built it up that this was going to be a "surprise" and "romantic." Nina is excited, wearing a fancy-ish blue blouse and skirt that would be appropriate for an up-scale restaurant. In contrast, Sonny is wearing a black collared shirt and jeans and the "romantic scene" right outside the Tan-O, including the food, looks like it took maybe 30 min.-1 hour to set up. This Show proves again how low-budget it is. 

Meanwhile, now Carly is concerned about potential trouble with the 5 Families at their wedding?! *Gasp* Cyrus may still have connections that could hurt her and/or her loved ones gathered together on their big day. How many eyeroll emojis are needed for this one? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I heard the excuse that Jake had a sleepover, but where was Cam?🙁 I really enjoy seeing the Webber brothers interact so it was rather disappointing.

He said he was too old for camping.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She's a great cook .... of pasta and meatballs with sauce Trina brought from NF.  Alrightey then.

At least Joss and Trina didn't rope Olivia into making ziti for them. I'll give them some credit for a bit of initiative.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Why would Anna, Dante and Sam(blech) have this meeting on this topic in the middle of a restaurant at the Metro Court surrounded by other diners? This show is so stoopid.

• Love 2

I'm assuming that because of Anna and Dante's rehashing Creighton-Clark history, and the flunkeys spoke in a foreign language, I'm guessing a not-dead Victor Cassadine is behind these plane shenanigans.

Also, Mike was serving white wine with red sauce. So he's dead to me.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I said that too! White wine, really Mike? You need a good Pinot Noir or at least a really good Cab. Hell, any red wine would do. That bothered me way more than it should lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I hope Nina is not on a low carb diet cuz there was a ridiculous mound of like 3 pounds of pasta on her plate. Mike, you are not gonna see much action if Nina gets severe pasta bloat. 

Wow, Jordan finally has a productive day of law enforcement: First she spends all morning sucking up to Jason and feeding him police intelligence, then in the afternoon agrees to a new secret side gig with mob flunky Sean! 

Fun Fact: I was watching RuPaul's Drag Race Holland and the challenge was a photo shoot with a famous Dutch photog. They flashed some of his more famous shots, and there was Sasha! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think the writers see the Anna/Robert pairing as over.  :(  They seem to want Anna with a younger guy, I'd say Valentin is next.

I agree. I thought it was more that the writers wanted to make Carly/Jason as one of the shows iconic couples like Robert/Anna and Luke&Laura. I wonder how Mo feels about that.

41 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Since he makes his sauce with white wine, as he told Phyllis when they first met, I assumed that this was rhe bottle he'd opened for the sauce. He's a classy guy.

• Love 1

The way Cynthia plays Nina, with that pitiful look of fear, heartbreak, and loss on her face, it makes me sad for her.  Michelle played Nina differently.  I'm not saying one is better or worse, I think they both had their take on the role, and I like them both. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

WHAAAAATTTTT?!?!?!?!?!? 

"First we should read it. And it's in cursive writing." *gasp!* LOL. (I know, they don't teach cursive anymore.)

I had to FF the Nina/Mike scenes, as I can't watch adults (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever) act like sixth graders.

I'm glad Silas returned if only because his exit was way too anticlimactic. Shuffling off to the pen? Please. It was nearly as bad as Helena's death. (WHICH I STILL DON'T BELIEVE HAPPENED.)

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Shawn, Paris' main airport is not called "Charlie de Goolia". How hard is it to find someone on the show, anyone, who can teach him to say it properly?

Was that supposed to be serious? That was unbelievably embarrassing.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know, they don't teach cursive anymore.)

It’s still a standard in FL!

So, I may need to go into hiding for saying this, but I really want Sonny to be torn between Nina and Carly when he gets his memory back. It’s just more soapy that way. 

Instead we’ll get bitchslutwhore with Carly prevailing as always.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Shawn, Paris' main airport is not called "Charlie de Goolia". How hard is it to find someone on the show, anyone, who can teach him to say it properly?

Was that supposed to be serious? That was unbelievably embarrassing.

How could no one correct him?  It was cringe-worthy.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

This shook me. Is cursive really obsolete?!  I still write in cursive!

In many places like where I live they have stopped teaching cursive. It's all about the digital, baby!

Just like when they stopped teaching phonics and the number of children in remedial reading shot up, writing in cursive helps brain development and is especially important for those children  who have marginal problems. Ending the study of cursive is trendiness over evidence-based studies that show learning to write in cursive is good for brain development .

• Love 9
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

This shook me. Is cursive really obsolete?!  I still write in cursive!

They used to teach it in 2nd/3rd grade in NYC, now it's completely eliminated unless a teacher goes by his or her own disgression. Students do not know how to "sign" their name

The pasta sauce is a dumb anvil cuz I don’t buy that Jax of all people would recognize it. Why would he have been at Sonny’s for dinner often enough to pick up on that? Even from the people who were close to Sonny, I don’t buy that. They aren’t exactly foodies or cooks with the exception of Olivia. Also I think a jar of sauce from the grocery store would be preferable to pasta sauce from like 4 months ago that you got at a dive bar but maybe it’s just me. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Like I really believe that Sam knows more than Anna.  Sam pointing things out to Anna was just insulting.

And based on when SMike thought Numbskull would be showing up for their date, that pasta would be frozen over by the time they got to the table and finished yammering.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4
On 8/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, dubbel zout said:

The Ice Princess story was total cheese, but it worked because the internal logic was rock solid. The show doesn't take that kind of care with stories anymore. 

It also worked because John Colicos could portray a credible villain.  Plus the cinematography and score gave the whole thing a sense of suspense and intensity.  I rewatched some of it on YouTube recently.  And it really contrasted how far the show has fallen in the last 40 years.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Namibia is not "just south of the Sahara", Show. 

Is that where they said it was located because I couldn't tell because ME mumbled something and it sounded nothing like Sahara to me.

So how really terrible is Frisco as the Director of the WSB. Victor supposedly died in 2014 and he has been charge since then. All these horrible things that the WSB has been involved in and he hasn't noticed it or clean house. This doesn't even include the fact that Anna is being iced out by the WSB due to previous loyalty to Peter, and yet what has Frisco done in the couple of years that Maxie was seeing, dating, falling in love with Peter when he such as a murky history as Faison's son. Has he put any agents into finding his granddaughter? Ridiculous.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Is that where they said it was located because I couldn't tell because ME mumbled something and it sounded nothing like Sahara to me.

Yes.  ME mispronounced "Sahara", but I checked the captions because I had to be sure I was hearing right. The Sahara Desert and Namibia are on completely opposite sides of the continent! 

The only deserts in that region are the Namib and the Kalahari, and I suspect they meant to refer to the latter.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 2

Leisl: I cannot die now, I have to help Nina.

Meanwhile, Nina is making out with Sonny. 

It makes me wish Peter had dragged Nina with him to St. Lucia, which he should have done. But he's also remarkably stupid.

And BTW, did he even document that Sonny is alive, like took a couple of pictures of him together with Nina or whatever.

The goon who was on the phone and said "it is done," pretty sure that he was speaking Greek.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Namibia is not "just south of the Sahara", Show. 

And here I always thought it was off the coast of Bolivia.

Apropos of nothing: I will give my left t*t if Victor is alive. As long as Thaao "Rowr" Penghlis is back to play him. Victor will forever be my hottie Cassadine bad-boy.  I regret nothing!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That sucks! Jason David is such a cute kid, really looks like he could be the son of Elizabeth and Lucky, has awesome family chemistry with Herbst, Lipton, West and Francis, and can act. I am really fond of these actors in the roles like I still am attached to JJ/Lucky, KMcC/Robin, AT/Emily and JMB/ Lulu.

This actor appears (and is) older than the Aiden character and looks nothing like Elizabeth or Lucky, I don't understand why they would re-cast, unless JD has a commitment to another show.

14 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

He said he was too old for camping.

Cam is not too old for camping. I wish he would have wanted this last chance to spend time with his Mom, little brother and cousin before he starts college, Also I assume the camping scenes were supposed to show Elizabeth and Finn starting to become a couple, and how their families get along so well. Cam and Jake should have been there. I would also like to know if Jake has heard yet that his dad is getting married, since Britt saw that wedding announcement and Carly said Laura RSVPed no to the wedding invitation. I wonder if Jake or Danny will be mentioned re: this wedding. I hope Elizabeth and Sam decide their kids aren't attending the wedding for safety reasons (if anyone remembers to tell them about it) because they heard  about Mob families getting invited.

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

At least Joss and Trina didn't rope Olivia into making ziti for them. I'll give them some credit for a bit of initiative.

I was reacting to Joss being all "I'm excited to cook, I want to make stew that my dad loves that was my grandma's recipe ... oops nevermind that will take too long to cook (i.e. she is crappy at preparation/planning). Hey, I found ziti marinara on the Internet, let's go with that instead!"  If they were making the pasta from scratch, yes I would give them credit. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was reacting to Joss being all "I'm excited to cook, I want to make stew that my dad loves that was my grandma's recipe ... oops nevermind that will take too long to cook (i.e. she is crappy at preparation/planning). Hey, I found ziti marinara on the Internet, let's go with that instead!"  If they were making the pasta from scratch, yes I would give them credit. 

She was still making the stew, but they'd be "starving" by the time it was done, so Trina suggested an appetizer and they came up with some some of mozzarella dip that required marinara, hence Chekov's Sauce re-entering the conversation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Blackie said:

The camping stuff was kind of cute. 

The GH highlights of the summer for me have been Liz and Finn (and Violet) at the softball game and this camping trip with Chase.  I am surprisingly enjoying the heck out of Liesl and Scottie too.

If FV/ABC/Disney think that most of their GH viewers enjoy watching mob violence then - pretty please -  go all in for a Carly/Jason RED Wedding a la Game of Thrones.  Sonny ought to waltz in right after with his memory suddenly coming back and realizing that he is RESPONSIBLE for all of this mob violence [and then head towards the PC bus station and get on the 'Bensonhurst Express].

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I would also like to know if Jake has heard yet that his dad is getting married, since Britt saw that wedding announcement and Carly said Laura RSVPed no to the wedding invitation.

You have to love (but really hate) that one of Laura's priorities upon hearing her life is in danger and she has to be quickly relocated away for months with very little notice is to RSVP to fucking Jarly's wedding. I mean, never mind her mayoral business, her marriage to Kevin, the dynamics of Nik/Spencer and that whole debacle. God forbid Carly doesn't get notification that Laura won't be able to attend! Could this marriage BE any more propped?

20 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

If FV/ABC/Disney think that most of their GH viewers enjoy watching mob violence then - pretty please -  go all in for a Carly/Jason RED Wedding a la Game of Thrones. 

OMG, I would LOVE a RED Wedding! (Says the girl who never even watched GoT but knows all about it because her boyfriend practically had a damn podcast about it.) Sonny, Carly, Jason, Nina, Joss, Jax, all die. Glorious.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

You have to love (but really hate) that one of Laura's priorities upon hearing her life is in danger and she has to be quickly relocated away for months with very little notice is to RSVP to fucking Jarly's wedding. I mean, never mind her mayoral business, her marriage to Kevin, the dynamics of Nik/Spencer and that whole debacle. God forbid Carly doesn't get notification that Laura won't be able to attend! Could this marriage BE any more propped?

OMG, I would LOVE a RED Wedding! (Says the girl who never even watched GoT but knows all about it because her boyfriend practically had a damn podcast about it.) Sonny, Carly, Jason, Nina, Joss, Jax, all die. Glorious.

I'd watch that on PPV!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm surprised Carly didn't add how the RSVP came with monogrammed champagne flutes, because of course Laura would still give them a wedding gift.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm surprised Carly didn't add how the RSVP came with monogrammed champagne flutes, because of course Laura would still give them a wedding gift.

Exactly! Carly would probably still be annoyed that she isn't attending the Wedding of the Century though. 

Jake was born May 2007 and should be 14.  Aiden was born July 2010 and should be 11.  Hudson was born March 2008 which makes him 13 and Enzo turns 13 in October.  So, odd that they would pick a kid who's the same age as the kid playing his older brother.  There were no 10/11/12 year olds iin central casting right now?  

13 hours ago, ffwbe said:

The pasta sauce is a dumb anvil cuz I don’t buy that Jax of all people would recognize it.

This.  Josslyn, maybe, because I'm sure Sonny cooked for them all the time.  Greatest father eva, amirite?  But no way Jax would recognize sauce.  

13 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Also I think a jar of sauce from the grocery store would be preferable to pasta sauce from like 4 months ago that you got at a dive bar but maybe it’s just me.

My in laws are italian and every August they make batches of jars of sauce, for themselves and us, hundreds of jars that sit in their 'cantina' to use throughout the year.  So if she had stored it properly, 4 month old sauce would be fine.  But it looked like she'd opened it and had some so it's doubtful that it would still be edible after 4 months.  

On today's episode.....

Liz and Finn look like their about to get cozy when Scotty, with a parachute, lands on the ground beside them.  What are the odds??!!!!!  That plane looked like it had gone further than that before it hit turbulence, or Fliz' campground is closer to St Lucia.  Though it was quite handy of the bad guys to give Scotty a parachute rather than just throw him out over an ocean somewhere.  

Jordan then Britt questions Scotty who has no idea what happaened to Liesl.  

Cyrus wants to destroy the Corinthi.  Buscema's not quite in.  

Gladys flirts wtih Novak, who invites her to the wedding as his plus one.  

Carly talks to Brando, see if he knows who might be working with Cyrus on the outside, one of Novak or Buscema's men.  

Novak swears to Jason that he isn't workign with Cyrus.  

Nina and Mike head to his bedroom but she sees his watch with the incription and says he needs to find out who he is before they can play anymore tonsil hockey.  

Jax and Joss:  The infamous sauce is eaten and Joss immediately reacts.  She says it tastes like Sonny's.  JAx is all, that can't be.  Joss says, Trina got it from Nixon Falls.  Jax remembers maybe seeing Sonny.  Will Jax head to Nixon Falls to get another look?  

I'm betting 3 people will get hit at the wedding:  Josslyn (way too much talk of her safety for it not to be her), Gladys and one of Brando/Sasha,.  I'm guessing Sasha siince that allows Sophia to go on mat leave.  

• Love 2