Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How long will it take him to spill the beans?

I'm pretty sure it will be immediately.  I know we're all complaining that it's already the wedding day even though the actual wedding won't be until the 17th, but that only gives us 7 episodes to tie up the loose ends leading to the walk down the aisle (which will be the 17th).  I don't think there's much time for Jax to dilly dally, maybe one, at max 2 episodes.  Then either Sonny will remember and voluntarily go with Jax, or Jax will convince hiim to go with him and Nina to PC, in time to walk into the chapel as the priest asks who objects.  Not spoilers, just my speculation.  

Trina is on FIYAH these days!!  "you called her Lauren yesterday, just like the ID badge that was found by Ava's burnt car".   BAM.  Though I am worried that she's putting herself if wackadoodle Esme's cross hairs.  

Joss walks into the living room, looks around, doesn't immediately see her mother and tells Jason that Carly is gone.  Uh honey, this is a giant house, maybe she's in another room, like the potty room.  I mean, she's more than likely at the cemetary having a conversation with Sonny's grave, but you know, she could have been in the basement putting the laundry in the dryer

I don't understand the strings that Jordan and Curtis/Portia are following.  Some guy was with Naomi on her flight to PC, but has since disapeared, conveniently after Naomi is killed.  Curtis finds out from Phyllis' friend, the Crighton clark records keeper that he has info about the person that was on the flight with Drew, that went down, not killing them.  So, guy who killed Naomi, knew her enough to be on a flight with her, and also be on Drew's flight 2 years ago.  And Hayden is likely the other person being kept with Drew.  Am I following that path correctly????

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Good God now we have fucking Monica propping Carly?!  Is there any vet that’s safe from being ruined or are they all going to become Carly props??  So fucking stupid.  I couldn’t even enjoy LW’s amazing blowout because of that shit.

Her hair did look nice. 

But I am sorry. I am tired of this crap. Everytime They talk about AJ - "Well AJ had his problems." "With all of AJ's problems." 

AJ was an alcoholic. That's an illness not a problem. An illness that he got over before Carly got him drunk, put him in a shopping cart, and threw more booze on him so he wouldn' remember the fact that she was pregnant  and the baby could be his, because she wanted to keep screwing her mother's husband.

His other issues was just feeling inferior to Jason and not being "Quatermaine-y" enough. (which was a really nice thing because Alan felt the same way esp. when he went into medicine, so it was very sins of the father, that Edward treated Alan lesser than because he didn't want to be in the business (and Tracy did) and Alan treated  AJ differently, because AJ wanted to be in the business but not medicine and Jason did (and Ned was in that whole thing too). AJ always felt inferior not only to Jason, but to Ned about the entire thing.

HIS OTHER ISSUE rightly was being pissed the hell off that his brother actively lied and kept his child away from him for a year. And then lost his rights because the kid's mother had her boyfriend hang him on a meat hook to give up his rights.  But what other "problems/issues" did AJ have that gave the Carly/Sonny/Jason the right to continue brow beat this man (even in death) to the point everyone says it like these issues weren't issues normal people have (minus you know being hung on a meat hook). 

And the fact that Carly just sat there being all  "yeah well you sucked." and Monica being "yah I know, but anyway here's my blessing to your marriage since you and Jason are so close have at it." made me rage so much. Especially when you also consider her "dead"husband killed Monica's son and the woman you just gave your blessing about it knew about it and hid it. 

It's a soap. I get it's a soap. But i mean. come. on. At least when everyone in Pine Valley was forgiving Babe and putting her on this pedestal La Kane was like "bitch you stole my grandchild, made my daughter suffer for a year, and i will never forgive you for this. ever."  there needs to be a line. 

if you have to prop up your character pairings this much. maybe there's a problem and it shouldn't be happening. 

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Too fast for me to get my Red Wedding.

Well after the sheer disappointment which was Millowtonin and Chase. even if they do a Red Wedding it wouldn't be anyone good. 

• Love 24
59 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Carly is gone.  Uh honey, this is a giant house, maybe she's in another room, like the potty room.  I mean, she's more than likely at the cemetary having a conversation with Sonny's grave, but you know, she could have been in the basement putting the laundry in the dryer

Donna's nanny probably does the laundry.  When she's not watering the moss.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

The only thing worth watching was Trina. One because she is awesome and two, she wasnt actively propping Snarly and Jason like everyone else was.

I think that Trina is such a great young heroine; and she's been written pretty well overall.  We clearly see that she is loyal, intelligent, outspoken, caring, and an overall a good, well-meaning person/character. She has agency and doesn't merely react to what's going on around her.  But she also has clear flaws that are addressed in story (her reaction to her father faking his death, her reaction to the knowledge about her mother's affair with Curtis, and her overall idealization of people that she looks up to).

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Good God now we have fucking Monica propping Carly?!

"I know he cared about Robin, but you were the one he had a special connection with."  Oh, do fuck off, Monica.  The amount of rewriting of history that is going on to prop this story is insulting.  And really, unnecessary, given Carly and Jason DO have a history as besties.  But to now make it seem like they've been the great love of each other's lives?  No way, no how.

Trina is so great, but I'm so worried she's now really in Esme's crosshairs.  I definitely see Spencer having to 'save' her from the psycho gf in the not-too-distant future.

Speaking of Esme, I guess her family backstory is going to come into play somehow.  Since she's adopted, who's going to be revealed to be her birth mother?

Shut up, Shawn.  You're not some innocent man who got railroaded into taking a plea.  You willingly plead out to protect Sonny, you mob flunky. 

Bring him home, Jax.  And quickly.  I want the bloodshed to commence.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 19
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"I know he cared about Robin, but you were the one he had a special connection with."  Oh, do fuck off, Monica.  The amount of rewriting of history that is going on to prop this story is insulting.  And really, unnecessary, given Carly and Jason DO have a history as besties.  But to now make it seem like they've been the great love of each other's lives?  No way, no how.

honestly, they really are bending over backwards to appease LW because this was one of two things she wanted (the other being that Michael was really Jason's) so i have to wonder what happened for them to finally let Carly have Jason and have everyone basically be kosher with it and be all "this is one true love for y'all."

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

honestly, they really are bending over backwards to appease LW because this was one of two things she wanted (the other being that Michael was really Jason's) so i have to wonder what happened for them to finally let Carly have Jason and have everyone basically be kosher with it and be all "this is one true love for y'all."

Lol probably firing her BF since I don’t think Peter’s return is for very long.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Lol probably firing her BF since I don’t think Peter’s return is for very long.

i said that before peter showed up again. it's probably that. 

which is so sad

• Love 2

Shut the fuck up, show! Seriously are Mo and LW writing the scripts now?! "Yeah, Sonny shot me in the chest and nearly killed me, but I'm so glad I didn't put him in jail cuz he's such a good man." "Yes, my son was murdered by Sonny and you covered it up, but I'm here to welcome you to the family!" Tomorrow, Robin calls Carly to tell her that she always knew Jason's heart belonged to Carly." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Tomorrow, Robin calls Carly to tell her that she always knew Jason's heart belonged to Carly."

You joke but honestly I wouldn’t put it past these writers. And of fucking course Kim McC would be in the dowdiest outfit imaginable with awful hair. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Was there anyone who didn't call Jax showing up in the last scene?

I was really hoping he’d walk in on Nina and Smike kissing. Oh well, at least he’ll come face to face with Sonny tomorrow.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I hate when soaps do this, disavow every other relationship a character has had to make the current one the ONLY one.  "Sure sure, there was what's his name he was married to, and that other one he was in love with years, but really, it was always YOU, only YOU, secretly, this whole time!".  It's just dumb and not real to life. 

They've really sucked any drama out of this coupling by having everybody nodding their head, even people like Monica who would be well within their rights to have objections.

1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

So Esme was adopted. Any guesses on her parents? Ryan as her father? Who as her mother?

Someone on Twitter posited the idea of making the mother Lucy and I'd kinda be into it.  Imagine that Lucy slept with Ryan thinking it was Kevin, was ashamed, and gave the child away.  Could be a good story for Lynn Herring that gets her more to do, and in scenes with Jon Lindstrom again.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 7
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well I know all I need to know-heading off to the BARGE again.

I have a feeling I'll be headed there shortly. They can only gaslight me so far before I'm going to jump in the water and start swimming.  

And ftr Show, I will never buy Jason with real romantic feelings for this Carly.  Never. Not ever. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hate when soaps do this, disavow every other relationship a character has had to make the current one the ONLY one. 

I always have to think if you have to do this - it truly must mean the show doesn't have faith in the couple or chemistry (or is loudly writing to tune out twitter etc) to prop them up. Good shows don't have to do that. 

What irritates me is that 
We know this is a marriage of convenience. 
The Mob knows this is a marriage of convenience 
Carly and Jason knows this is a marriage of convenience. 

why the in the blue hell are people treating this like Oh yeah this was a long time coming, it's twu wuv. A lot more people (MONICA) should be calling this out for what it is. Or be suspicious. Or something

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well I know all I need to know-heading off to the BARGE again.

8 hours ago, tessaray said:

I have a feeling I'll be headed there shortly. They can only gaslight me so far before I'm going to jump in the water and start swimming.  

I'll be joining you. I"ll probably still come here to see if there's something specific i need to catch or what not but i really can't sit here watching a show where Monica freaking Quatermaine gives her blessing to Carly. the woman who went out of her way to screw her other's son's life - and hid the fact that her husband murdered said son. And the way people are excusing it is "well Monica's old, she has no poops to care." No. That's why she should tolerate having Carly in her life. Access to her grandchildren because everyone biologically related to her is basically dead. or up the mob's ass. That doesn't explain why she'd be like "oh yah my blessing, i'm happy for you." I don't care how much she loves Jason - that was wrong. 

And we spent so much time on Millowtonin and it went NO WHERE. it wasn't even soapy in the aftermath. We spent so much time on this piece of paper that is not even legal, but they are treating it like it is so any dramah they would have had with RoHo-Quatermaine Edition is mindblowlingly stupid.  Carly kidnaps an old woman and Laura Spencer Collins is all "well you know it's great because she was safe." (like you know said old woman was staying in a cockroach infested basement with razor blades to play with). 

I just. can't. lol my energy is so precious right now, i don't really feel like i should waste it on a show that literally does not care, and retconns everything we see by the next week anyway. 

• Love 13

I would like to thank you all for your sacrifice, having to put up with Monica tongue-bathing Carly as she welcomed her into the family. I got to FF ALL OF THAT and I am a much happier person for it.

Honestly, the writers turning the MOC into a love affair for Jason and Carly like none of us have been watching this show since High School (me) and others even longer than that is so very insulting. So Carly and Jason were in wuv with each other for the past 20 years? I can readily buy that for Carly, but not with Jason. 

Interesting stuff. It seems like Trina is onto Esme and what she did. But if she's onto her, then she'll figure out that Spencer really was the stalker. I think this was the only interesting thing that happened.

It seems like we're looking for a full house for the wedding. Still hoping for a bloodbath and I'm not gonna call it the Red Wedding like some of you are. The Red Wedding is in a category of its own, and you should read it because it's even more visceral in the books than it was in the show (also, the show sucks ass in a big way, but that's a rant for another day). Honestly, though, if I had to choose, I'd go with the Purple Wedding, where both Carly and Jason die poisoned by champagne or wedding cake.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, tessaray said:

And ftr Show, I will never buy Jason with real romantic feelings for this Carly.  Never. Not ever. 

I haven't been watching nearly as long as most of you, and even I feel gaslighted. Plus now that they've abruptly pulled all story for KT, I'm bored and pissed off. I'm sure they'll write it that she never had Huntington's disease in the first place.

If RB comes back, then I'll keep watching consistently. I am going to see this storyline out just to see what they come up with to justify but there is no reason for me to watch this drek. Only a Sonny/Carly/Jason stan would enjoy this lousy excuse for a show. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Someone on Twitter posited the idea of making the mother Lucy and I'd kinda be into it.  Imagine that Lucy slept with Ryan thinking it was Kevin, was ashamed, and gave the child away.  Could be a good story for Lynn Herring that gets her more to do, and in scenes with Jon Lindstrom again.

I thought Lucy was incapable of carrying a child of her own after her surrogacy with Serena resulted in a c-section that destroyed her uterus. 

Nah, it'll probably be just some random serial killer groupie who had a conjugal visit with Ryan.

30 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I thought Lucy was incapable of carrying a child of her own after her surrogacy with Serena resulted in a c-section that destroyed her uterus.

She did get pregnant on "Port Charles", though she did have a miscarriage, the cause of which I don't remember.

Also lol like that bit of back story would stop the show from doing what it wants, i.e. the Rebecca Budig retcon currently in progress.

Edited by TeeVee329
40 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Nah, it'll probably be just some random serial killer groupie who had a conjugal visit with Ryan.

I don't think Lucy had a c section Scotty delivered her.Lucy had two miscarriages before Serena anyways.I always assumed something wad wrong was wrong with Lucy's eggs since she was able to carry Serena but not her own babies.

Best thing about the episode: Jordan "Nancy Drew" and her team in The Old House. Except for the part of "telling Trina the truth about her father."

Best line: "They're former UFO."  "UFC."

They are dragging this Ava/Nik conflict out too long. All the suspense as well as the sexiness is being lost in spite of MW and MC's attempts to be scorching hot .

Spencer is scum. He deserves Esme, who is even worse than Nelle was because she doesn't have the abandonment excuse.

Poor Jax, all his women end up going to Sonny.

Barstow having medical records from the clinic is a HIPAA violation. So would be showing them to Portia even if she is a doctor. Is GH trying to outdo Grey's Anatomy for HIPAA violations?

• Love 10

Umm excuse me “Spence”, but Trina doesn’t owe you jack shit.  Just the way both he and Esme were acting made it quite obvious they are involved.

16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He deserves Esme, who is even worse than Nelle was because she doesn't have the abandonment excuse.

Yes, she’s definitely giving me Nelle vibes.

I love how Jordan, Portia and Curtis were having that conversation right on Barstow’s front porch.  I’m sure that wouldn’t spook him at all.

So obviously Nina is totally in the wrong with all this Smike stuff but Jax DOES NOT have the right to come prying into her business all “I’m so concerned for you”, “I demand to meet (S)Mike”…nope, Jax it doesn’t work that way.  He should have flat out said I know what you’re doing and I’m here to blow up your spot.  I didn’t like that.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Jax DOES NOT have the right to come prying into her business all “I’m so concerned for you”, “I demand to meet (S)Mike”…nope, Jax it doesn’t work that way.

Why not? It's not as if Jax barged into Nina's apartment or something. The Tan-O is a public place (I guess). What Nina is doing is wrong. Why shouldn't she be called out on that?

This is a soap, and GH at that, so of course the longest possible way around is taken. But I don't think Jax is out of line.

• Love 14

Oh 100%, like I said she’s being shady as all get out.  But the way Jax went about it put me off.  Kind of like the first time he came to Nixon Falls, uninvited and unwanted. Just pushing himself on Nina after all the shit he kept from her in service to Carly of all people.  It wasn’t his place.

He should have just been up front (which Nina obviously has not been).  Say he knew what she was doing, and stop with all the talking in circles.

• Love 4

Jax suspected but he didn't know for sure the Nina's mysterious man was Sonny until he saw him in person.

Having destroyed his own relationship with Michael to get Nina access to Wylie, Jax is now giving Nina time  to come clean to 'Mike' but she's not doing it. Stupid, because this is not a secret Jax can keep as his daughter mourns the death of her stepfather.

• Love 4

Spence and Esme are scumbags, but the scenes were Trina were pretty good. And I think that they are the strongest actors in their age bracket. And STFU Esme. I feel bad that we share a similar name.

So the show is finally going there with Trina and Curtis. So now let's see how self-righteous about lies Curtis gets. I'm looking forward to seeing if he treats Portia the way he treated Jordan. And what Jordan did isn't even close to what Portia did, especially since he asked her point blank if Trina was his daughter and she denied it. And I'm pretty sure Trina asked her about it too after she found out about her mom's relationship with Curtis, but I could be misremembering that.

The scenes with Curtis and the thug were very badly acted and shot. A second take will not kill you, FV.

I could give a fuck about Carly vanishing or her anguish at getting everything that she ever wanted.

If Nina thinks Jax will just go away, well then, she's more deluded than I thought. Jax tracked Sonny not because he wants him back in his life, but because he is trying to protect his stupid ass daughter from mob violence. So Nina, you are just ridiculously dumb. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So the show is finally going there with Trina and Curtis.

UGH UGH UGH. Why can't anyone's parents stay their parents? I honestly don't see how making Trina Curtis's daughter does anyone any favors or adds any drama. There will be the initial whining about lying and then...zip, as usual.

Poor Taggart. First he has to become a Sonny/Jason flunky, now he gets de-daughtered. Who did Réal Andrews anger? 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There was still a (totally unnecessary) paternity question, though. 

very much agree

like. just have trina be taggerts. you are gonna have portia and curtis together anyway

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

So obviously Nina is totally in the wrong with all this Smike stuff but Jax DOES NOT have the right to come prying into her business all “I’m so concerned for you”, “I demand to meet (S)Mike”…nope, Jax it doesn’t work that way.  He should have flat out said I know what you’re doing and I’m here to blow up your spot.  I didn’t like that.

Well, he is trying to prevent the crime of bigamy that's about to go down -- that gives it some urgency. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There was still a (totally unnecessary) paternity question, though. 

Probably not in FV's eyes. It stalled Finn finding the antidote which led to Willow marrying Chase on what she thought was his deathbed and all that Millow angst.

So yeah, totally unnecessary.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Well, he is trying to prevent the crime of bigamy that's about to go down -- that gives it some urgency. 

I also think Jax said it. "I still care about you. " Just because Nina is like "you gave up that right." (I don't think emotions work like that FYI), like it's obvious Nina is completely looney (I'm just watching the Jax scenes today). I had to say when Mike came in, Jax's face was like a great mixture of, crap i'm right, girl, you gone crazy and just general crap. lol

Honestly. Jax's mind hearing Mike talk is like literally watching his mind explode over and over again. It's kind of funny in a twisted way. 

But Nina's "it's better if he stays here," and Jax's "yah i can think of a dozen people who would think otherwise,"  - like Nina knows Carly is getting married. she's just gonna let bigamy happen just like that?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'd go with the Purple Wedding, where both Carly and Jason die poisoned by champagne or wedding cake.

I’d be fine with that! Or how about the Vomit-Colored Wedding since that’s what most of us will be doing while it’s happening?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

As someone who actually shipped Jarly... this whole thing is disgusting bullshit and I refuse to watch even an instant of it.

What is it that you think they are messing up about it?

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

I also think Jax said it. "I still care about you. " Just because Nina is like "you gave up that right." (I don't think emotions work like that FYI), like it's obvious Nina is completely looney (I'm just watching the Jax scenes today). I had to say when Mike came in, Jax's face was like a great mixture of, crap i'm right, girl, you gone crazy and just general crap. lol

Honestly. Jax's mind hearing Mike talk is like literally watching his mind explode over and over again. It's kind of funny in a twisted way. 

But Nina's "it's better if he stays here," and Jax's "yah i can think of a dozen people who would think otherwise,"  - like Nina knows Carly is getting married. she's just gonna let bigamy happen just like that?

Mayberry Mike who Dances With Brooms is just as arrogant as Sonny the mini Moobster who Throws Bar Ware.  He of the disgusting scraggly beard and tiny stature threatening the debonair, tanned, and athletic Jasper Jax is just hilarious!  And watching the poor actress who plays Nina try to emote feelings of lust . . . well, I hope she got a pay raise.  Yuck.

Edited by KayVeeTeeVee
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

At least Jax did a good job of looking as incredulous and stupefied as we all feel about Mike & Nina. 

Um, why did Carly run to some lame industrial yard, or whatever that was. I thought she might go to Robin's bridge where Jason would find her and they could piss on Robin's memory and cement their unabiding love. 

• Love 12

Jax's reaction to seeing Sonny was well executed.  He conveyed a "crap I knew it was going to be him" type of expression.

Nina doesn't have a leg to stand on.  Jax should issue an ultimatum, either you tell him or I will.  Nina needs to catch hell from both Sonny and Phyllis for keeping this secret, otherwise you are really insulting everyone's intelligence, and that's saying something when it comes to GH most of the time.

Can someone jog my memory, when Mike first showed up at Nixon falls, did he not have possession of his wedding ring?  If that's the case, it blows this story line to hell from the get go and makes it one big screw up by the writers and producers.

• Love 3