Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/04/2019

TheView
Message added by Aethera

This thread is now unlocked, but further violations of our politics policy will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 4 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices                                                                                                                   

Tuesday, Nov. 5 – Daytime exclusive with actress and activist Jane Fonda 

Wednesday, Nov. 6 – The Political View with 2020 presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)

Thursday, Nov. 7 – “The View” celebrates 5000 shows; The Political View with Donald Trump Jr. and senior advisor to the Donald Trump 2020 presidential campaign, Kimberly Guilfoyle (“Triggered”)

Friday, Nov. 8 – Dr. Phil McGraw (“Dr. Phil”); Kaley Cuoco (“Harley Quinn”)

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, TheView said:

Monday, Nov. 4 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices                                                                                                                   

Tuesday, Nov. 5 – Daytime exclusive with actress and activist Jane Fonda 

Wednesday, Nov. 6 – The Political View with 2020 presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)

Thursday, Nov. 7 – “The View” celebrates 5000 shows; The Political View with Donald Trump Jr. and senior advisor to the Donald Trump 2020 presidential campaign, Kimberly Guilfoyle (“Triggered”)

Friday, Nov. 8 – Dr. Phil McGraw (“Dr. Phil”); Kaley Cuoco (“Harley Quinn”)

Tulsi is getting a *3rd* appearance??

• Love 2

So Thursday is a celebration for reaching 5000 shows and the best they could do is book Donnie Jr. and his girlfriend? It just doesn’t make sense. Idk, to me it means they’re expecting it to be a show to remember, and not in a good way. I’m probably going to watch Tuesday’s show only and stick to reading the comments here for all the other days.

• Love 16

Yup. That sounds about right for me as well

its so vital to demand better by not watching crap like  this ‘side show’ man I’d love to see a return of civility, fact checking and critical thinking on these ‘chat shows’  it seems like a rather obvious way to get us all lulled into accepting this on the daily so we don’t object when it’s everywhere  I’m so worried where this is all leading. I get why Joy is pleading with people to see what’s happening and stop it while we can 😔

• Love 19

I wonder if Gabbard will be wearing her white pantsuit.  I've seen her in passing twice this week, in the studio being interviewed on two different channels, and that's what she had on (not 100% positive, but I don't think it was the same day.) 

• Love 8
On 11/3/2019 at 12:29 AM, lusinia said:

I wonder if Gabbard will be wearing her white pantsuit.  I've seen her in passing twice this week, in the studio being interviewed on two different channels, and that's what she had on (not 100% positive, but I don't think it was the same day.) 

Funny you should say this; you & I must notice the same things because I don't know if it is the same white pant suit, but she wore the very same thing at the last 2 debates; a white pant suit.  I even commented on it to my husband. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/3/2019 at 6:48 AM, Haleth said:

Kinda sad that for a landmark 5000 episode a good portion of the viewing audience will be tuning out.  What were they thinking?

Yeah, I looked on social media and a lot of people said they're tuning out this week. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:
On 11/3/2019 at 6:48 AM, Haleth said:

Kinda sad that for a landmark 5000 episode a good portion of the viewing audience will be tuning out.  What were they thinking?

Yeah, I looked on social media and a lot of people said they're tuning out this week. 

I wonder if all five co hosts will be at the table when they DT Jr and KG are interviewed. Joy and Sunny are not afraid to speak their mind when they have guests they don't agree with.

• Love 8

When Tulsie Gabbard speaks it's like listening to a robot.   A boring robot.   Won't be watching.  

As for Junior and his gf, no thank you.   My bulllshit detector would explode.   I can't stand looking at those two, much less listening to them.   TPTB screwed up royally this week.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Funny you should say this; you & I must notice the same things because I don't know if it is the same white pant suit, but she wore the very same thing at the last 2 debates; a white pant suit.  I even commented on it to my husband. 

That's a good point; I mean, a white pantsuit?  You'd have to have at least two, if you wear it so much, for when one's at the dry cleaner's. 

Meghan said Beto is one of the first out of the race.  Of those who've been in at least one of the debates, he's the eighth candidate to drop out.

I want Meghan to find one other person who also thinks Beto was the most left candidate.  

Meghan is wasting her talents, isn't she,  if she "really knows primary politics 100% well".

11 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Wasn’t Rowan Farrow going to cohost this week? I am looking forward to that. 

Wednesday.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I want Meghan to find one other person who also thinks Beto was the most left candidate.  

Megan uses that phrase "the most left candidate" to deride all Democrats. She has said the same thing about Mayor Pete in the past..

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Pigs are flying again . . . I'm about to agree with Meghan.  If one of the female candidates said what Buttigieg said, the media would have excoriated her.  The first time Hillary Clinton ran she campaigned the typical way - "When I win".  She was attacked for being arrogant, entitled, etc. All people who run for president say this, even when they're polling below 1%.  It's infuriating.   And while I disagreed when Meghan said Beto "abandoned" his family after losing the gubernatorial race, I did agree that if a woman left her family behind in this exact situation, she would have been destroyed, not encouraged to run for president and lined up with Obama's people.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan is wasting her talents, isn't she,  if she "really knows primary politics 100% well".

Oh I know.

Meghan acts like she herself was running for office and that her father won the presidency.

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wonder if all five co hosts will be at the table when they DT Jr and KG are interviewed. Joy and Sunny are not afraid to speak their mind when they have guests they don't agree with.

It seems unlikely.  Have they ever sat seven at that table?  I feel that Joy and/or Sunny may be absent at the table.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Abby or Meghan missing their opportunity to fawn all over a fellow former Fox hack.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Should I bother with today's show gals? 

It depends.  Do you want "sparks" or are you looking for a pretty light-hearted show?  (They did show a clip from 2002 of Whoopie (a guest at the time) trying to boost Joy upwards on a stripper pole.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, lusinia said:

It depends.  Do you want "sparks" or are you looking for a pretty light-hearted show?  (They did show a clip from 2002 of Whoopie (a guest at the time) trying to boost Joy upwards on a stripper pole.)

Well, I guess I'll be watching, then!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I could not understand the rambling mess that Whoopi was spouting about the primaries and the candidates, but then Abby referenced it again which made Whoopi repeat the gibberish. 

idiot facepalm GIF

Joy said that Sunny is an amazing person.  And she was very sincere.

kristen bell awww GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Twitchy J, everything  is downhill at 27. Is that supposed to be funny, when girls and body image aren't. She's so stupid.

It was dumb.

4 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

You do seem to hate her for some reason.  She’s a comedian and jokey comments pop up naturally in her head...and she says them.  I found it a pretty low key comment that had no real impact.  I think there are many more things impacting young women than a throwaway comment by Joy on a show they’re not watching anyway.  

Your comment wasn't directed at me, but here I am answering 😉.

I don't hate Joy. I dont even dislike her in the least. But I'm able to admit when she sticks her foot in her mouth a little more easily than her fans can. That being said, I agree that Joy's comment was inappropriate. Especially during THAT discussion. They're talking about body image/positivity and Joy says it's all downhill after 27! No, Joy, that was not the point they were trying to make, and not the point you try to pass on to young girls. 

Then they say that Jennifer Aniston says she hates when people say she looks good for her age. And Joy says "that's because it's too late. Say it when she's young." I'm pretty sure J Aniston just prefers people to leave out the 'for your age' part. 

THEN as the discussion is coming to a close, MM tried to clarify that everything is NOT downhill after 27, Joy says, "wait til she has a baby."  Joy!!! Come on!

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I did like her Me harmony joke, but the rest, meh 

I liked it, too.

I also liked what she told MM  to say when people tell her that she looks thinner in person, "Can't say the same about you."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

It was dumb.

You're comment wasn't directed at me, but here I am answering 😉.

I don't hate Joy. I dont even dislike her in the least. But I'm able to admit when she sticks her foot in her mouth a little more easily than her fans can. That being said, I agree that Joy's comment was inappropriate. Especially during THAT discussion. They're talking about body image/positivity and Joy says it's all downhill after 27! No, Joy, that was not the point they were trying to make, and not the point you try to pass on to young girls. 

Then they say that Jennifer Aniston says she hates when people say she looks good for her age. And Joy says "that's because it's too late. Say it when she's young." I'm pretty sure J Aniston just prefers people to leave out the 'for you're age' part. 

THEN as the discussion is coming to a close, MM tried to clarify that everything is NOT downhill after 27, Joy says, "wait til she has a baby."  Joy!!! Come on!

I see both sides to this. Fan of hers or not, the folks who comment to Meghan about her weight have some nerve! Either it's passive aggressive, or they are simply stupid if they think any woman wants to hear she's "not as fat in person." Seriously? 

I think many folks think they're being kind when they say someone looks good for their age. I admit to saying this now and then, but I try not to directly to anyone so as not to hurt their feelings. I can't help that sometimes when I see someone twice my age who looks incredible, I wonder how they look so good and if they have any advice for me. I'm over 30, and sometimes I'm flattered people think I look so much younger. Then sometimes with the way it's expressed, I think damn, I'm not even that old for you to be so amazed! lol

I think we should all try to be positive about ourselves. I struggle with it sometimes, but I truly think you age better if you try to love yourself and have a positive attitude towards getting older. There are women who are way hotter in their 40's than in their 20's (J.Lo anyone?), but it is reality that as you get older, especially if you have kids, you can expect some wear and tear. 

• Love 7

Boy, the talking over each other was dialed up today.

The camera wasn't on Joy at the time, so I wonder if there was some specific reason Meghan said, "This is serious, Joy" (at least she said it quietly.) when she was talking about Trump wanting her fired from Fox.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow. No Meghan for the Jane Fonda interview?  I wonder whose idea that was. 
Shut up, Abby. It’s not the job of climate activists to convince deniers to change. Nothing will change as long as the fossil fuel industry is funding politicians. Abby is so dumb. Go back to looking like a deer in the headlights while the grownups talk. 

I haven’t seen today’s episode yet, but while I don’t hate Abby because she’s sweet most of the time, I can’t say I enjoy her much. If someone doesn’t bring it with the politics, that’s fine. But I’d like some humor, original thoughts on general life topics, something. Abby is just kind of there or she interrupts the grownups when they really have something of value to say. She’s more suited to working on HSN or something where she can just sit pretty with her shiny locks and keep everything happy and positive. I’m honestly almost uncomfortable watching her trying to hold her own with women like Joy and Sunny and am surprised she wants the gig. Meghan gets her jollies off politics, but I don’t think Abby does.

• Love 11