Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/04/2019

TheView
Message added by Aethera

This thread is now unlocked, but further violations of our politics policy will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Because JOY herself asked Whoopi that question, play it back. I've seen Whoopi disrespect Joy and Sunny before, so there's that.

I was confused as well.  Don Jr. said that he's a rich guy from New York, and Joy retorted that he wasn't that rich.  He kind of laughed and said yeah, he's just a man of the people.  There was a bit of talk after that, that I didn't catch, and then Whoopie said something like it would be better to ask questions without jokes, and I also wondered if she was referring to Joy.  If so, there was an odd delay.  

First, if any show needed a joke to break the tension (if only momentary), today's show was it.

Second, no matter who Whoopie was referring to, I'll give her a pass today; it was hard enough just watching the show; being in the middle of it, and trying to figure out how to rein it in, which was obviously an impossible task, is excuse enough.  

9 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

He thinks he's so tough, but he actually looked  very unsure of himself throughout the interview.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

Conspiracy theory time.

Because of her family connections and her husband's position in rightwing "media" Meghan knew that Fuck and DuckLips were going to run to Twitter and act like they'd been victimized, and she knew that the rightwing media was going to be out in full force, so she played subdued, and kept her comments so limited, so she'd escape the the aftermath.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Good for her  I'm glad she's happy. What I gleamed out of  all this,   was discourse and civility, let's have some on this show. 

Exactly, where is McCain's civility and higher discourse. She brings it down as low as possible on this show every day. Just because she was trying to gain sympathy points today doesn't make her any less of a hypocrite.

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

200.gif

LOL This couldn't have been more perfect for this moment!

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Whatever happened on the show must’ve set DJTJ and his gf off. They’re practically rage tweeting.

I’ve seen Fox News clips of Kimberly that showed she’s quite hypocritical. Didn’t she also say the Secret Service should kill Snoop Dogg and Bow Wow? She’s the type of righty that makes you grateful for Meghan!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Of course DJTJ and his GF are going to tweet stuff about the View appearance.  Of course they were going to attack the co hosts.  I'm sure the co hosts didn't extend an invitation to them so whoever behind the scenes did invite them on did so solely to get media attention.  Oh how I miss the days of the View being a show that wasn't mired in slime.

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Of course DJTJ and his GF are going to tweet stuff about the View appearance.  Of course they were going to attack the co hosts. 

Agreed.  The View gave them air time and then gave them more fuel for their endless "pay attention to me" twittercrapfest.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I’ve seen Fox News clips of Kimberly that showed she’s quite hypocritical. Didn’t she also say the Secret Service should kill Snoop Dogg and Bow Wow? She’s the type of righty that makes you grateful for Meghan!!!

Was Kim this nasty on the show? She’s going all out on Twitter right now. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

JR's teeth seem too big for his mouth.

Also he, his dad, Eric and Ivanka all have the same fucked up junior high school cheerleader lisp. If they were on Jerry Springer, paternity tests would not be needed.

In other news, I don't pay for the local channels package so there better be a shit ton of clips online today!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Was Kim this nasty on the show? She’s going all out on Twitter right now. 

Really? Sounds like she fits right in with her boyfriend’s family then! I haven’t watched yet. Sounds like an episode worthy of popcorn...

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Really? Sounds like she fits right in with her boyfriend’s family then! I haven’t watched yet. Sounds like an episode worthy of popcorn...

Oh sorry, I thought you watched it already!

Well, to everyone who watched it, was Kim this nasty on the show? I see there are clips, I just refuse to subject myself to their nonsense... I'm trying to lower my blood pressure, not raise it...

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 12

Joy's "blackface", if you want to call it that, is not what is usually considered to be blackface, which depicts a much darker skin color.  I doubt that someone looking at the photograph, and knowing nothing else, would say she was in blackface.  She wore foundation a couple of shades darker than her usual shade.  

• Love 23

Who dubbed Girlfriend 'Kimberly Gargoyle'?   In my haste going through the posts to find it again,  I must have skipped over it.   Anyway, that is awesome!!!   Genius play on words.  Absolutely perfect.    And boy, she looks rough.   She's veering into Jocelyn Wildenstein (sp) territory.    Junior must like his women looking "rode rough and put away wet".    She fits right in with gang she's thrown in with.

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Who dubbed Girlfriend 'Kimberly Gargoyle'?   In my haste going through the posts to find it again,  I must have skipped over it.   Anyway, that is awesome!!!   Genius play on words.  Absolutely perfect.    And boy, she looks rough.   She's veering into Jocelyn Wildenstein (sp) territory.    Junior must like his women looking "rode rough and put away wet".    She fits right in with gang she's thrown in with.

She used to be much prettier, back when she was married to Gavin Newsom.  She's an example of "bad plastic surgery".  An example of "good plastic surgery" - Jane Fonda.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, lusinia said:

She used to be much prettier, back when she was married to Gavin Newsom. 

Yes, she used to look quite exotic then, very glamorous.   Now she just looks hard.   Very hard.   And those lips!  OMG, in profile they looked like they could put an eye out.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12

That would’ve been so much better. 

2 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

For 5000 episodes, I feel like they should have brought the old cohosts to the table and actually celebrated the big day. Instead it was a screamfest with Don Jr and his gf. Seems a bit disappointing considering the occasion.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

"rode hard and put away wet"...brought back memories as this was something my dad would say from time to time!  And it's often pretty accurate!

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

For 5000 episodes, I feel like they should have brought the old cohosts to the table and actually celebrated the big day. Instead it was a screamfest with Don Jr and his gf. Seems a bit disappointing considering the occasion.

Yeah, the whole Trump Jr. interview does seem an odd choice for what should have been a light/happy episode.  Also, what was with the random hot topic after the interview?  Should school days be longer?  (the answer is "no")  Surely they could have just talked about the show being on for so long instead of randomly shoving a hot topic in because they didn't want to talk to Trump Jr. anymore.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Kimberly Gargoyle was introduced as a consultant to the trump campaign.  When Sunny addresses her, Sunny was sure to refer to DJTJ  as "your boyfriend", just in case anyone wasn't sure why she was there.

You'd think a campaign "consultant" would know not to scream when her boyfriend is talking/screaming.  She drowned him out so we couldn't hear either of them (not that I needed to hear all of their lies & excuses & what-about-meisms).

I collect gargoyles and they are all nicer looking than Kimberly.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

You know, I wouldn't mind Whoopi being held accountable for that despicable "rape-rape" comment, but not by this scumbag, and especially not from someone whose own father is a serial sexual predator.  The lack of self-awareness shows stunning levels of delusion.

Particularly since one of the alleged victims is DJTJ's mother.

42 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Of course DJTJ and his GF are going to tweet stuff about the View appearance.  Of course they were going to attack the co hosts.  I'm sure the co hosts didn't extend an invitation to them so whoever behind the scenes did invite them on did so solely to get media attention.  Oh how I miss the days of the View being a show that wasn't mired in slime.

Even the brief flashback today showed that the show was more dignified and fun in its earlier seasons.

14 minutes ago, Homily said:

I felt like the producers threw the women of The View under the bus.  They had to know what was going to happen.

"Sparks," of course. 😞 Anything for a viral moment.

13 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I know. I was hoping for more nostalgia or a "Where Are They Now?" type show of all previous co-hosts.

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Oh sorry, I thought you watched it already!

Well, to everyone who watched it, was Kim this nasty on the show? I see there are clips, I just refuse to subject myself to their nonsense... I'm trying to lower my blood pressure, not raise it...

I just watched the Jr interview portion! Thank you to the person who posted the episode. 🙂

No, Kim wasn’t nasty imo. The interview was a lot of shouting back and forth though. Whoopi kept ringing the bell. Abby was actually useful. Meghan was subdued. I’m sad to hear about her aunt. I agree with @ Sarah Hart that Kim did seem sincere when she spoke to Meghan. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

That would have been brilliant. That would be an appropriate way to celebrate such a big show. Of course they wouldn't have gotten all the ratings they probably got. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, tvaddict44 said:

I'd like to know what idiot thought that would be riveting TV.  There's an hour of my life that I'll never get back (I've been watching since day one).  I guess it's proof that screaming fits (today and the Rosie-Elisabeth debacle) are now great must-see TV.

In keeping with the tone today, I wish someone had asked about his useless slaughter of those gorgeous leopards and other animals that he and his brother shot on a hunting trip years ago...

And one day, someone could ask him why he didn't talk to his father for a year, after his parents' divorce.

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

It's definitely wrong to wear blackface, but I don't really think you can judge something that Joy did almost 50 years ago by today's standards. 

Junior was really reaching with that, wasn’t he? His daddy has said and allegedly done so many despicable things. Nice try bringing up a woman in her 70’s sporting slightly darker foundation decades ago as an example of everyone making mistakes to defend your dad’s bigotry and allegations of sexual misconduct. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

JR's teeth seem too big for his mouth.

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

I know!  It's like he had a set of fake teeth over the real teeth.  With all that money, he still got a shitty cap job.    His sister has the same issue. 

They probably have had veneers done.  And, if I remember correctly, Ivana had pretty large teeth, so they may have inherited that from their Mom.

It's probably better that Jr. does have larger teeth, because at least on today's show, he was looking a little weasel-ish!  🙂

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Junior was really reaching with that, wasn’t he?

If that's the best his team of professional dirt diggers could come up with on Joy they must have been pretty disappointed.  Not too disappointed to try using it anyway though of course.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Also, what was with the random hot topic after the interview?

I do wonder, like you implied, if the interview was ended early.

Meghan said to Kimberly Guilfoyle that she works in the White House, so why doesn't she bring civility back?    Even if KG is a Trump campaign consultant, I wouldn't say she's in the White House, either literally or figuratively.  She lives in NYC, doesn't she?  Meghan really seemed to believe KG could do something about it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Junior really Wanted to get down in the dirt with the ladies, esp. bringing up Roman Polanski when Whoopi mentioned Daddy grabbing women's p*****….Whoopi jumped out of her chair & said "You want to go there?! You want to go THERE"?!

I wish they had "gone there", because on this, unfortunately, I have to agree with DJTJ  (but ONLY on this one subject).  Whoopi's comments regarding Roman Polanski were horrible.  I would have liked to hear her explanation for that.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

I’m not on Twitter, so I’ve only read the few posts that were reposted here.   DJTJ never enjoyed an interview more?  And he thinks HE triggered them?  Totally laughable seeing as to how he was OWNED by none other than Abby Huntsman!!  🤣🤣. I thought he looked like he was sweating and swallowing hard the whole time!  Delusional 

Now THAT is hilarious! So he appeared nervous to you? It makes what he's saying online, as if he did a killer job, even more funny if that's the case. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

I’m not on Twitter, so I’ve only read the few posts that were reposted here.   DJTJ never enjoyed an interview more?  And he thinks HE triggered them?  Totally laughable seeing as to how he was OWNED by none other than Abby Huntsman!!  🤣🤣. I thought he looked like he was sweating and swallowing hard the whole time!  Delusional 

I'll be interested to see if any of the late night talk shows decide to recreate the "interview" or deal with his twittering about it.  They sure would have plenty of material to work with!

• Love 7

But she said that, because  Whoopi said said something  about comedian's,  I thought that was a dig at Joy, was it? I cant tell with Whoopi.

Whoopi said, it would be easier to have this conversation ,without the jokes. Joy said, what jokes. Whoopi was wrong, she shouted and that damn bell is annoying 

When you said Whoopi made a comedian comment that you took to be a dig at Joy, I didn't realize you were referencing her request to stop cracking jokes because it was contributing to the crosstalk problem.

I probably should have gleaned that from what you said, but I figured it was part of the episode I hadn't yet watched.

Either way, I didn't see it as a dig. By that point in the show, the noise level was ridiculous. I think she just wanted to keep it to one person talking at a time. 

1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

Joy has darkened her skin, whether it's blackface or not, that's up to the individual  to decide.I know she's not racist, but don't deny it.

I'm not following you. Is it up to the individual to decide whether it was blackface or is saying it wasn't blackface denying it? I feel like those are two conflicting standards in one sentence.

2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Ah, thank you, @merriebreeze. Yeah, today, that wouldn't be done, out of recognition for the shameful legacy of blackface in  this country. I'm relatively certain Joy wouldn't have thought of that as blackface in 1972, however. In other words, she wasn't dressing up as a caricature.  

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Thank you. I came up with Gargoyle, because I can never remember how to spell her last name (and imo she has ruined her pretty face with procedures). 

I don't understand  all these nicknames you give people, but I was asking for real,  and do you know why? Because JOY herself asked Whoopi that question, play it back. I've seen Whoopi disrespect Joy and Sunny before, so there's that.

@Sarah Heart, I'm sorry for the confusion. I hate when I can't figure out the nicknames either. I was going to refer to today's guests as "Fuck" and "Nut," but I was afraid people would think of "Nut" as a shortening of "Nut Meg" (which a lot of people here call Meghan). I didn't want to use their names, because I can't stand them, so I just went with "Fuck" and "DuckLips" and spent my one wit on "Gargoyle."

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

You'd think a campaign "consultant" would know not to scream when her boyfriend is talking/screaming.  She drowned him out so we couldn't hear either of them (not that I needed to hear all of their lies & excuses & what-about-meisms).

I collect gargoyles and they are all nicer looking than Kimberly.

I turned on the show just as they were being introduced, so missed the first 8-10 minutes, but, I looked away from the TV when she was screaming and talking over DJTJ, and I thought Kimberly sounded exactly like KellyAnn Conway.  I looked back quickly, because I thought she jumped into the table without me knowing!  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

If you haven 't watched yet, get the popcorn and the remote with the volume down button ready!

One question.  Does ANYONE say anything about him outing the whistleblower's name?  And how it is ILLEGAL!!!???

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

DJTJ never enjoyed an interview more?  And he thinks HE triggered them?  Totally laughable seeing as to how he was OWNED by none other than Abby Huntsman!!  🤣🤣.

Exactly!  Although, maybe he does associate criticism with enjoyment.   

(I do wonder if the title of his book (and can you believe that title, the whole thing?) is the reason Meghan called both Tulsi Gabbard and herself "triggers" the other day.)

7 minutes ago, Homily said:

They sure would have plenty of material to work with!

There is definite SNL potential as well.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Why am I getting the impression that Gargoyle wears the pants in that relationship?   Junior probably needs someone to make smarter decisions, hold his hand through the minefields, fend off all the 'bad guys'.    She looks more like a bodyguard than a girlfriend.

• LOL 10
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Now THAT is hilarious! So he appeared nervous to you? It makes what he's saying online, as if he did a killer job, even more funny if that's the case. 

Oh he definitely was not relaxed.  He seemed hyped up. Like he wanted to say all they he had to say and then get out of there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

One question.  Does ANYONE say anything about him outing the whistleblower's name?  And how it is ILLEGAL!!!???

Yep.  That was the first question asked, by Abby, believe it or not.

• Love 6