Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/04/2019

TheView
Message added by Aethera

This thread is now unlocked, but further violations of our politics policy will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

LOL can anyone who's watching tell us how bad it's going? Is Joy holding her feet to the fire?

She tried but Tulsi tapdanced around the issues. But Whoopi got in her concern about lower taxes and Meg got in a remark about not taking her guns. 🙄 Abby sat there looking confused.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

I'm not watching, important question:  Is Tulsi wearing her white pant suit?  😜

No.  She's in blue.

I think they need Sunny there today.  And now Whoopie is mining Tulsi for freebies.  Poor Whoopie needs lower taxes so she can afford to take her family on vacation.  Whoopie, I'm not sure your family does much of anything.  They're always on vacation.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

Hmm...Meghan seemed much less upset about what Lindsey Graham has been saying lately than she was in the recent past when his name has come up.  And then she says she just spoke with him recently.  She's not usually such a pushover.

There's a difference between a candidate wanting to help the Russians and the Russians wanting to help a particular candidate (by having bots boost the amount of positive attention they get on social media).  Gabbard can't control that.  That's what "unwitting" means.  It's not an insult to her intelligence that she takes it as. 

Oh, Meghan.  You're not a "trigger".  Get over yourself.

17 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I was like. "No white pantsuit!"  She did have one on on Sunday, so that's the third time in the last week or so.   

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She tried but Tulsi tapdanced around the issues. But Whoopi got in her concern about lower taxes and Meg got in a remark about not taking her guns. 🙄 Abby sat there looking confused.  

So just your typical episode. 🙂

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Hmm...Meghan seemed much less upset about what Lindsey Graham has been saying lately than she was in the recent past when his name has come up.  And then she says she just spoke with him recently.  She's not usually such a pushover.

Any criticism Meghan directs toward Uncle Lindsay is just lip service.  She might want to appear to not agree with certain things but her true colors are hard to hide.

• Love 15

Sunny needs to be there. Not only are none of these women are up to the job, but Meghan is spreading false information.

Although they played a clip of Clinton from that podcast (context starts around 35 minutes), the context made it clear what Clinton actually said is that Republican strategy for 2020 includes grooming a third party candidate again.

She said there would be two parts, had their eye on someone [which everyone, including Tulsi, thought to be Tulsi] and were grooming her to be a 3rd party candidate. The NYT even had to publish a correction over the thing.

Meanwhile, ABC News Division's The View brings Gabbard on to spread bullshit and pays Meghan to amplify it. UGH.

Edited by General Days
Accuracy: Clinton never spoke Tulsi Gabbard's name in the podcast in question
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
56 minutes ago, pachebo said:

it's been bugging me all day trying to figure out how whoopi's gonna introduce Don Jr without mentioning his name...

Maybe Whoopi will call him, "the guy in the White House junior. "

Or, "Kimberly Guilfoyle's boyfriend. "

• LOL 17
  • Love 5

Where is Sunny? I'm questioning her not being there. A while back Tulsi interviewed with TYT and her campaign requested that Ana Kasparian not be involved.  I like that Joy was pushing back. Whoopi and her dang money 😕.  I like that she doesn't use the group mug though.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, falltime said:

Where is Sunny? I'm questioning her not being there. A while back Tulsi interviewed with TYT and her campaign requested that Ana Kasparian not be involved.

So Tulsi wants to be president and  have to deal with some pretty serious threats and can't face certain talk show hosts?  

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Whoopi, shut the fuck up about the voters and what they want and why they vote the way you do.  Her garbled word salad was so bad today her co-hosts were actually finishing her sentences and plugging in words for her!  MeAgain:  Stranglehold?  Nope, that wasn't it, and Whoopi just continues blathering on.  Someone please stop her.

dead rip GIF

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I like Joy, but I thought she did a poor job defending what she said about Tulsi, and Tulsi milked it for all it was worth.  She actually got applause after she made her big speech.

What was unfortunate was that by allowing Tulsi to go on and on about that, and then Joy bringing it back up again, and then Whoopi asking to see Hillary's quote again, they didn't have time for Tulsi to cover any other ground.  And while I personally support Yang's proposal for Universal Basic Income, Whoopi is entirely focussed on the wrong aspect of it, in continually talking about making Amazon et al pay more.  MeAgain should have at least asked Tulsi about her views on Syria and the Kurds, since Tulsi clearly stated she is non-interventionist.  But MeAgain seemed to enjoy Joy's pain so she didn't say much.  She did say she was glad that Tulsi won't take her guns, and I guess that is all that matters.  Joy told MeAgain she would take her guns away. ❄️🤣

ben carson GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I wanted Abby to finish her point about the person Meghan said is running a horrible campaign. Abby was trying to show that she's informed and said Mitch should be scared especially since the person running against him- 

Then Meghan cut her off to basically say that she's wrong. That seems to happen a lot now.

Yes, MeAgain constantly interrupts Abby and/or shoots down what she is saying as wrong.  Abby never does this to MeAgain.

Black Woman Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pachebo said:

it's been bugging me all day trying to figure out how whoopi's gonna introduce Don Jr without mentioning his name...

Simple.  She won't.  Abby will introduce them.

Well, as it turns out I won't be home tomorrow so I don't have to look for an excuse to not watch.  I'll be checking this thread though for your opinions.  Enjoy!

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

There was a moment today that made we wonder if Joy and Meghan really get along offset, as they keeping insisting.  It was when Joy asked Meghan if she sent Joy's regards to Lindsay Graham, and they both burst out laughing.  Joy reached out warmly to Meghan and ended up clasping her hand.  Joy isn't usually so touchy-feely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, bannana said:

I like Joy, but I thought she did a poor job defending what she said about Tulsi, and Tulsi milked it for all it was worth.  She actually got applause after she made her big speech.

What was unfortunate was that by allowing Tulsi to go on and on about that, and then Joy bringing it back up again, and then Whoopi asking to see Hillary's quote again, they didn't have time for Tulsi to cover any other ground.  And while I personally support Yang's proposal for Universal Basic Income, Whoopi is entirely focussed on the wrong aspect of it, in continually talking about making Amazon et al pay more.  MeAgain should have at least asked Tulsi about her views on Syria and the Kurds, since Tulsi clearly stated she is non-interventionist.  But MeAgain seemed to enjoy Joy's pain so she didn't say much.  She did say she was glad that Tulsi won't take her guns, and I guess that is all that matters.  Joy told MeAgain she would take her guns away. ❄️🤣

ben carson GIF

Thank you for saying that, Bannana. Whoopi talks like Yang is the only one who wants to tax Amazon et  al. I do not think she listens to or reads much about politics. I think she gets impressions and makes up her mind without digging. 

Every single one of the serious Dems, from moderate to hard left thing corporations and the rich need to pay their fair share of taxes. Whoopi also misses that Yang's UBI would be funded by a 10% national VAT tax (which is in part a sales tax really regressive).

This is where this hosting panel is lacking (and the producers for that matter). No one has taken her aside and corrected her, or really corrected her (and the record) on air. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I wanted Abby to finish her point about the person Meghan said is running a horrible campaign. Abby was trying to show that she's informed and said Mitch should be scared especially since the person running against him- 

I wonder if Meghan has seen/read actual coverage of Mitch McConnell's opponent's, Amy McGrath, campaign, or if she's simply repeating other people's opinions.  I don't think it's getting a lot of coverage nationally.  Maybe Fox News is covering it. 

Plus, that election is almost a year from now, so, if she is running a terrible campaign, there's plenty of time to fix it.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, General Days said:

Thank you for saying that, Bannana. Whoopi talks like Yang is the only one who wants to tax Amazon et  al.

But Yang is the only one who wants to tax them so he can give money to Whoopi.  I really believe that is her train of thought.

The woman in the audience from Kentucky said the incumbent governor was horrible to teachers in that state. Last year in WV (my home state) and Oklahoma Republican politicians also fought teachers and most of them lost their re elections campaigns as well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

There was a moment today that made we wonder if Joy and Meghan really get along offset, as they keeping insisting.  It was when Joy asked Meghan if she sent Joy's regards to Lindsay Graham, and they both burst out laughing.  Joy reached out warmly to Meghan and ended up clasping her hand.  Joy isn't usually so touchy-feely.

I bet they do get along just fine.  I suspect that a lot of what we see on the show is just for the show.  To 'make sparks' as they said in the olden days.  To get the clicks and the tweet machine tweeting.  My eyes were opened last season during a particular exchange and now I see it for what it is.  The new Housewives version of this show means that they all have a part to play and they are being paid to bring the drama.  To the dismay of us longtime viewers.  It's pretty much just bullshit at this point. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

There's a difference between a candidate wanting to help the Russians and the Russians wanting to help a particular candidate (by having bots boost the amount of positive attention they get on social media).  Gabbard can't control that.  That's what "unwitting" means.  It's not an insult to her intelligence that she takes it as. 

Too bad she can't see this difference.  Makes a world of difference.  Maybe you should have been there to explain it to her so she'd get it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I saw that and agree. As with Paula Joy likes people even though she disagrees with what they say.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, rcc said:

I knew after Joy made that "idiot" comment Gabbard would respond. I didn't blame her either. I usually agree with Joy but sometimes she has to take the fallout.

Yeah, the idiot comment was a mistake.

I think Tulsi still is missing the point that Hillary made and Joy tried to convey.  I don't think she is questioning her patriotism or morals, just saying that the Russians will try to get votes deflected to her so that Trump will win again. 

Sunny needed to be there to better respond.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

Very poor job, Joy looked sullen, all the way through it. Pleasant woman that she is. Tulsi didn't milk anything imho, she did herself proud. 

You quoted @bannana, who said, "I like Joy, but I thought she did a poor job defending what she said about Tulsi, and Tulsi milked it for all it was worth.  She actually got applause after she made her big speech."

The board makes it look like you're quoting me. It's some weird glitch people have explained before (but I forget how to avoid it). I just didn't want to take credit for that post.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

The board makes it look like you're quoting me. It's some weird glitch people have explained before (but I forget how to avoid it). I just didn't want to take credit for that post.

This happens when the person who is doing the quoting is just copying pasting the original quote, which was quoted by someone else.

i.e. X said one thing. Y quoted what X said. Z quoted Y, which had X's quote, but it shows up as Y saying it. The only way to avoid that is for Z to quote X, instead of Y.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

It was a horrible, thing to say, of course she had to take the fallout. 

I don't think it was a horrible thing to say, but I think once she said it, she should have been better prepared to explain what she meant.  Tulsi came prepared to be offended and wounded, and oh look, Joy is picking on a veteran woman of colour.  And Joy kind of fumbled most of it.

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy was exactly right in what she said about Gabbard then and today.

I agree.

• Love 19
28 minutes ago, bannana said:

What was MeAgain talking about she said Amy McGrath is running a terrible campaign?  I cannot find anything anywhere that backs this up.

How dare you question Meghan. She is a political expert you know. Been doing it her whole life.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12

What she said:

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This happens when the person who is doing the quoting is just copying pasting the original quote, which was quoted by someone else.

i.e. X said one thing. Y quoted what X said. Z quoted Y, which had X's quote, but it shows up as Y saying it. The only way to avoid that is for Z to quote X, instead of Y.

Thank you, Scorp.

4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

More important question: does she still sport that silver streak down the middle of her hair.?  Or is that grey?  White.?  Viewers want to know

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And (hopefully) to be sure all names are included when quoting.

3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It was pretty typical.  The only difference was Sunny wasn't there to bring up reparations.

I noticed Sunny seems to have reparations on her top ten questions of political guests.  I thought George Will had an interesting rebuttal that seemed to challenge her when he started with his "what aboutism" of other ethnic groups that were shunned upon reaching our shores.

As for US reparations program, a friend of mine is a descendent of a Native American Indian tribe and she has received minimal, sporadic reparations in her lifetime.   Perhaps the term reparation would be a better prescription drug program, lower cost health care, safer neighborhoods and a reboot of the national educational system.  I wish someone would say that to her when she brings the topic up.

• Love 4
On 11/5/2019 at 12:15 PM, Sarah Heart said:

I'm not a denier, I just love how some Hollywood  types are such hypocrites. And I'd love to ask, why not go to China, where plants are going up every day, and negates what we are doing. How does one heat their home In negative 25 celcius????? Abby is right  there is no real conversation. 

The fossil fuel industries are putting billions into doing better, Fonda came here, and would not listen to them. 

Where was Sunny, she had no balls either, or was she studying Iowa? LOL

Hah! Funny 😋 on todays show they had a little video clip with them on a plane going to the sons school for a mtg.  Said she would be back tomorrow.  Consensus seems to be a wish she had been there to for the Tulsi interview

• Love 3

This is far out there, I know, but last month I came in on the middle of Amy McGrath being interviewed by Meghan's favorite talk show host, Seth Myers, and they were having a very lighthearted conversation.  Maybe Meghan saw it, and thought "no fair!", so she's holding it against her.

Edited by lusinia