Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/04/2019

TheView
Message added by Aethera

This thread is now unlocked, but further violations of our politics policy will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Intro Lady referred to this shit show as "The most important political TV Show in America" in the opener today.  WTF?  When did that happen?  Really, show?  She must have had to re-record that a few times to cut out her own laughter.  Give me a fucking break, ABC. 

She then went on to say that they were "making headlines" today because of Gargoyle and Chinless Fuck face's visit.  (The beard is lame, Asshole, we know you are still chinless under there.)

And there is all that matters to ABC -- making headlines.  Screw the anniversary celebration, throw your ladies to the wolves and sit back and wait for the clicks!

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
3 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Why am I getting the impression that Gargoyle wears the pants in that relationship?   Junior probably needs someone to make smarter decisions, hold his hand through the minefields, fend off all the 'bad guys'.    She looks more like a bodyguard than a girlfriend.

At one point Ms. Gargoyle was speaking for DJTJ and he was clenching his fist like he was about to cry or punch someone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Intro Lady referred to this shit show as "The most important political TV Show in America" in the opener today.  WTF?  When did that happen?  Really, show?  She must have had to re-record that a few times to cut out her own laughter.  Give me a fucking break, ABC. 

She then went on to say that they were "making headlines" today because of Gargoyle and Chinless Fuck face's visit.  (The beard is lame, Asshole, we know you are still chinless under there.)

And there is all that matters to ABC -- making headlines.  Screw the anniversary celebration, throw your ladies to the wolves and sit back and wait for the clicks!

I think that praise is from the New York Times feature from a few months back.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, General Days said:

I think that praise is from the New York Times feature from a few months back.

🤨  No shit!  They must have been passing the crack pipe around the office that day when they wrote that. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Regarding the jokes, I thought Whoopi referred to Jr. I thought she said no jokes right after he made the comment about Biden not knowing where he is. 

Thanks for this.  Now I wish somebody had pointed out the irony of him making that statement. 

I hope there's an article online somewhere with lots of quotes.  It was impossible to follow all the crosstalk, and I'm not sure a rewatch would help.  

• Love 5

Deliberately making yourself darker and going to a party as a “beautiful African woman” when you are not black, is black face. Your intentions don’t matter and the shade of makeup is irrelevant. Joy did blackface. It was wrong then and now. She has, hopefully, learned to that it’s wrong and has grown. Having said that Orange glow Jr. is trash.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 6

My question is what did they expect Don Jr to do if they were going after his dad? No, he’s not just going to sit there and shit on his dad like the rest of you do every freaking day. Meghan, your dad has said plenty of things we could go in on, but nobody expects you to be a good sport about his critics bashing him, neither in life or death. Plus, y’all sound silly pulling receipts on shit we’ve already discussed ad nauseum, especially when some of you have said things in the past that you’d rather not talk about.

And Don Jr was right that no one has been attacked more than Trump. It’s not a favor to Trump to admit that; it’s just a fact.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Regarding the jokes, I thought Whoopi referred to Jr. I thought she said no jokes right after he made the comment about Biden not knowing where he is. 

I must have missed that one with Ms. Gargoyle over-screaming her boyfriend.  The only joke I heard today was Joy's, but it didn't interfere with the flow or our ability to hear, so maybe Whoopi was referring to DJTJ's though he obviously didn't think she was referring to him as he went on with his poor-me rant.  Whoopi should have just told DJTJ & the Gargoyle to stop screaming. 

I'm not on Twitter, but it sounds like DJTJ thinks he "won", assuming people could hear what he was saying.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

That sums it up perfectly. 

It's not that the women couldn't handle DJTJ.  It's the show gave him a platform to do what he does. Be an asshole.

• Love 23
26 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

One question.  Does ANYONE say anything about him outing the whistleblower's name?  And how it is ILLEGAL!!!???

That was the first question asked by Abby (I know, right?!). Sunny jumped in a few minutes later and reminded everyone that it’s illegal to identify a whistleblower.

DJTJ kept insisting he’s a private citizen and used every excuse in his pea brain. It’s not illegal/first amendment/my poor family/both sides. 🙄 The evidence he chose to use to support him using Twitter to ID the whistleblower was “The Drudge Report had already published the name.” Sunny came at him with “My law degree says it’s illegal” and the moron still continued to shout and yell. He really did yell and talk over every single person at the table. I wasn’t shocked by it, but the stupidity runs deep in that family. 

When talking about the 2016 election, DJTJ referred “...countries that hate our guts!” What adult speaks like that? Who says “hates our guts” to describe or characterize adversaries? 

Also, at 43 mins into the show, Whoopi rang the bell (right after the Hunter Biden/DC hotels part) and MM looked at her and said very softly, “Please stop with the bell.” WG responded and put her on blast! “Listen, don’t do that!. Don’t do that!” No one at the table saw it because they were too busy yelling at each other.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

She used to be much prettier, back when she was married to Gavin Newsom.  She's an example of "bad plastic surgery".  An example of "good plastic surgery" - Jane Fonda.

She was married to Gavin Newsom? Totally don't get that pairing. Do I need to reevaluate my like for the guy?

Show was painful to watch. Jr is as bad as his dad. Also... The one day Nutmeg's bitchiness would have been appreciated she clams up. She was in dramatic victim mode today. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Whoopi introduced jr as " the son of the gentleman in the White House, DJT"

She should have said DJTJ, the name given by Steven Colbert, I think.

It was Jimmy Kimmel who coined DJTJ.

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Really? Sounds like she fits right in with her boyfriend’s family then! I haven’t watched yet. Sounds like an episode worthy of popcorn...

And pure grain alcohol.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, SunFun said:

She was married to Gavin Newsom? Totally don't get that pairing. Do I need to reevaluate my like for the guy?

Show was painful to watch. Jr is as bad as his dad. Also... The one day Nutmeg's bitchiness would have been appreciated she clams up. She was in dramatic victim mode today. 

I don’t get the pairing either! Other than they’re both hot. Kimberly was prettier before, but I’m in the minority of posters who still think she’s physically attractive. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Joy's "blackface", if you want to call it that, is not what is usually considered to be blackface, which depicts a much darker skin color.  I doubt that someone looking at the photograph, and knowing nothing else, would say she was in blackface.  She wore foundation a couple of shades darker than her usual shade.  

She looks like she just came back from vacation in that pic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

She lost her Aunt, if you were expecting fits and giggles  they weren't coming on a day like today. I thought perhaps she had taken something .

Didn't know. She shouldn't have shown up.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, SunFun said:

HA!  Nah.  In fact I really like his wife now.  Besides, many of us do things we aren't proud of when we are younger 🤣.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

He said the drudge report, had outed the whistleblower,  five days before he did.So who is at fault? 

Donald and his smarmy little fingers.  Besides, it is on record he is mentally inferior so I guess I can't expect him to know THIS law.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

He tweeted one that "no other president has been treated more poorly,"  and someone replied, "Lincoln?   JFK?"  

I was just reading an article about the way FDR and Eleanor Roosevelt were vilified back in the day.  We tend to think they were universally beloved (well I always tended to think that) but of course they weren't anymore than anyone in the public eye  ever is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I just watched the Jr interview portion! Thank you to the person who posted the episode. 🙂

Someone posted the episode in this forum?  Cool!  Could you please direct me to it?  Thank you.

• Love 3

So Joy thinks kids should be kept in school till 6 pm. She might want to ask teachers if they want to work till 6.  Also school sporting events usually start around that time. So does that mean athletes will be excused early on game days  but all other students won't be? High school students sometimes have after school  jobs. That would affect them. There is a lot to consider regarding this. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, SunFun said:

She seemed perfectly normal back then.  I don't know if she shared similar political beliefs as her husband, who was mayor of San Fransisco during most of their marriage.  Maybe they had a Mary Matalin/James Carville or Kelly Ann Conway/George Conway type of relationship.   

On tv, she was what Sunny used to be, a legal analyst.  Her Wikipedia page says she joined Fox News in 2006, so I guess that's where she became more political.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:
12 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Did the girlfriend say Jr. woke her up with a kiss and called her “princess”?  Did I hear that correctly?  Can someone verify that? Please. 

Yep that is what she said.

Ooooooohhh...poor innocent Creature in Love; I bet she didn't mean to slip that in.  

Another time where we need that vomit emoji as a regular choice.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Snarky addition of "Creature in Love."
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Joy thinks kids should be kept in school till 6 pm. She might want to ask teachers if they want to work till 6.  Also school sporting events usually start around that time. So does that mean athletes will be excused early on game days  but all other students won't be? High school students sometimes have after school  jobs. That would affect them. There is a lot to consider regarding this. 

Most elementary school districts around here have after-school daycare until 6PM.   But the classroom teachers go home, the kids who aren't in the program go home, and the kids who either qualify for state-funded care, or those whose parents pay, stay until the parents pick them up.   School days extended till 6 wouldn't work, because you'd have to re-negotiate all teachers' contracts, and pay them more.  (And find new teachers, because many would quit) 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

School days extended till 6 wouldn't work, because you'd have to re-negotiate all teachers' contracts, and pay them more.  (And find new teachers, because many would quit) 

Yeah!  I think Joy will rethink her opinion; she was a teacher.  School days extend until six.  What time does the teacher get to leave the premises?  Probably not even 6:30.  Then SHE (or he) has a family and SHE probably has to pick up some groceries/items on the way home.  Then SHE probably has to cook, clean, get her kids settled.  Unfair.  Discontinue the homework and force the teachers to be on their way by four.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

As I said, if the drudge report had already mentioned the name, before DTJ, then who is at fault, does Drudge take no part in this?

Of course Drudge is wrong as well.  Anybody who discloses the name is wrong.  But a tweet by Jr. will get a lot more attention than The Drudge Report, even though he tried to imply that it's a major media outlet.  You know that old saying - "Two wrongs don't make a right".

• Love 23
22 minutes ago, lusinia said:

She seemed perfectly normal back then.  I don't know if she shared similar political beliefs as her husband, who was mayor of San Fransisco during most of their marriage.  Maybe they had a Mary Matalin/James Carville or Kelly Ann Conway/George Conway type of relationship.   

On tv, she was what Sunny used to be, a legal analyst.  Her Wikipedia page says she joined Fox News in 2006, so I guess that's where she became more political.

Kimberly Guilfoyle is Republican until it stops paying well. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
Just now, Picture It. Sicily said:

Kimberly Guilfoyle is Republican until it stops paying well. 

That's "Princess" Kimberly.   I can say good things about her (although I find her dislikeable and opportunistic), mostly that she is an excellent emotional support animal pitbull-mommy-wordsmith-guard dog for needy/ineffective Junior.

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Guilfoyle came to prominence as a prosecutor during the Dog Mauling trial in San Francisco.  Of course, the defense attorney was bat-shit crazy (flailing and crawling on the ground) and this made Guilfoyle look even better.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:
45 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Junior is at fault.   "He started it"  is not a valid defense for committing a CRIME. 

I don't believe he said, "he started it", he did tweet something that was already out there..

I don't think anyone took Tinker's "He started it," literally.  Jr. did seem indifferent to or ignorant of the law.  

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 16