Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/04/2019

TheView
Message added by Aethera

This thread is now unlocked, but further violations of our politics policy will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

People do though. I think , when you know better, you do better. 

Right, some people do judge others by that standard, but I'm saying that it doesn't make sense to judge a person's past actions by current standards. 

Since Joy doesn't regularly wear blackface (that we know of), I'm guessing that she does know better and do better now.

• Love 14

Donald Trump Jr's appearance on the View is NOT license to discuss at length all of the news/events/etc surrounding his father. And it is not license to bring your own personal political opinions into the discussion. 

This thread is currently locked due to the number of posts that were completely off the topic of the show and violating our political rules.  Obviously, the presence of Donald Trump Jr. is going to mean political issues were discussed. But the rules do not change - as always, posts must be limited to discussing how these things were discussed on the show. 

We will unlock this thread after everyone has had a chance to review the Politics Policy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

That’s rich (no pun intended), Meg saying she wants to see Bloomberg try to connect with someone in Iowa who makes $50k. Has she forgotten who is currently in the WH?

I was with Meg and Abby (gasp!) about the anonymous Trump book until she threw in there the comment about HBO garbage movie. I guess she isn’t a fan of the movie about her dad’s campaign. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

I started watching 45 minutes late. Abby is really as thick as shit, isn't she?

Joy introduces Ana, who is sitting in the middle, where Fuck sat yesterday, and makes a joke about disinfecting the spot.

Joy: That was the seat. That was the seat, yesterday.

Abby: Everyone is so sick right now, and it's going around this table, so I'm--I think I'm the only one who hasn't gotten it.

Sunny, who is sick enough that the snot must have gone to her brain makes various, "I know" noises and adds that she's sick.

Finally, Joy says, "She's talking about our guest from yesterday."

Sunny laughs and admits to her mistake. Meghan, who looks particularly glum (and possibly medicated) and had also mumbled about everyone being sick says nothing. Abby looks pissy. Ana is just relieved someone got her joke, so she repeats it.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

For all her bitching about civility..Meghan is being anything but this morning. The snarky "thanks for the one clap" targeting the audience, the comment about Talib and the comment about being anonymous writer to sell books and make HBO movies ( I assume she is talking about Game Change which was NOT written anonymously).  Where was this attitude yesterday with DJTJ?  It has convinced me that she was quiet yesterday because she stayed with her tribe and will gladly vote for trump in 2020.

People were saying it's because she was mourning the loss of her aunt, like okay I get it, but she's miraculously back to her normal nasty self the day after DJTJ appeared on the show? It was probably mourning in addition to other factors and I'll leave it at that.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I didn't watch yesterday and I tried to watch some of the clips you all posted and I just couldn't stomach it 🤮. It is interesting that you all said how quiet Meghan was yesterday.  Today she's back to her rude self.  Meghan keeps talking about civility and really comes off like a nasty piece of work.  When Corey Booker was on he was very civil towards Meghan.  She needs to adjust her angry nasty tone when she preaches about civility.  

Yep. A lot of people said yesterday she was completely different on the show. I find that very interesting because today I wouldn’t even know that she was in mourning. 

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

Any idea why the multiple muting of MM this a.m.  I couldn't even imagine what she was saying that required that much muting.

I'm assuming she actually said what Rashida Tlaib said "let's go to Washington and impeach that Mother F*****" but the civility queen didn't edit herself for daytime tv.

She really can't discuss the topic without looking to bring something else up. When Congresswoman Tlaib said that, they discussed it. Why revisit it? If not only to distract from the conversation Meghan does it everyday. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I find that very interesting because today I wouldn’t even know that she was in mourning.

Since she was wearing all black two days in a row, I wonder if Meghan does the dressing in black for mourning thing, that people hardly ever do anymore, even for funerals. 

23 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

Any idea why the multiple muting of MM this a.m.

One of the bleeps was explained above, and the other one wasn't actually needed. I forget what Meghan was quoting at the time, but when I was watching, I anticipated what she was going to say, and so did the person doing the bleeping, but the two word phrase that was bleeped ended up not needing to be because Meghan censored herself.  The first word was okay anyway, and then she said "blank" for the other word. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

McCain was clearly trying to wring more sympathy out for herself in the media yesterday to save her horrible public image, because she's back to her normal, hateful, defends-the-indefensible self this morning. Too bad she didn't stay off so the viewers (and her co-hosts, and the in-house audience, and everyone else who works there I imagine) can actually enjoy Friday's.

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

I think Joy looks better with her glasses!

I like her better without them, but I understand she's older and has to wear them at times.

Abby not getting Ana's joke at the beginning made me laugh so hard.

• Love 14

So they, especially MeAgain, confirmed that all those BTS stories we read in the Daily Mail are true, because MeAgain actually said that The View is the leakiest place.  If she is saying it is so leaky, that means she is confirming the stories as valid.  I was watching Sunny during that bit and she had a perfect poker face.

MeAgain snipes at the audience:  thank you for that one clap.  Joy tells her: don't blame them.

steve carell lol GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Since she was wearing all black two days in a row, I wonder if Meghan does the dressing in black for mourning thing, that people hardly ever do anymore, even for funerals. 

I discovered this too last March when we had a service for my sister.  The church was packed which was really nice. We immediate family in front dressed in our good Sunday dress.  Everyone else was jeans, flannels, whatever they wore shopping.  Its ok though, i was being jellie, and i was glad so many people were there.  My dad had a suit, mom wore a black dress, my other sister and i were dressed like easter or spring.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, bannana said:

That made no sense to me at all. 😕

Well, that's not unusual for Meghan.  But it really didn't make sense, because Rashida Tlaib is 25 years younger than Senator Kennedy, and she's the one Joy was excusing.

• Love 5

I think the producers made a big mistake bringing DTJT and the Gargoyle on the show.  They played right into their hands.  The Joy in blackface, and Whoopi's rape-rape comments are well known to regular viewers of the View.  But now because it was Trump Jr. who called them out, they are getting international attention and supporters of Trump are making hay over it.  So sure, they made sparks and probably got good ratings, but it was at the expense of the hosts.  I am sure Whoopi is furious about this and will let it be known.  (And then we'll get a BTS scenes story in the Daily Mail!)

And it wasn't just that.  Trump Jr. has also tweeted that Whoopi lied when she said they did not talk impeachment the day after the election.  It's all over twitter with a clip showing she stated exactly that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7665429/PIERS-MORGAN-Donald-Trump-Jr-gave-stunning-View-lying-liberal-celebrity-hypocrisy.html

• Love 12
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I think the producers made a big mistake bringing DTJT and the Gargoyle on the show.  They played right into their hands.  The Joy in blackface, and Whoopi's rape-rape comments are well known to regular viewers of the View.  But now because it was Trump Jr. who called them out, they are getting international attention and supporters of Trump are making hay over it.  So sure, they made sparks and probably got good ratings, but it was at the expense of the hosts.  I am sure Whoopi is furious about this and will let it be known.  (And then we'll get a BTS scenes story in the Daily Mail!)

And it wasn't just that.  Trump Jr. has also tweeted that Whoopi lied when she said they did not talk impeachment the day after the election.  It's all over twitter with a clip showing she stated exactly that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7665429/PIERS-MORGAN-Donald-Trump-Jr-gave-stunning-View-lying-liberal-celebrity-hypocrisy.html

What the hell did the show expect?  They wanted to make sparks and now they got it. The backlash against Whoopie is fierce for her rape-rape comment, given we are in the era of the me-too movement.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

That’s rich (no pun intended), Meg saying she wants to see Bloomberg try to connect with someone in Iowa who makes $50k. Has she forgotten who is currently in the WH?

I was with Meg and Abby (gasp!) about the anonymous Trump book until she threw in there the comment about HBO garbage movie. I guess she isn’t a fan of the movie about her dad’s campaign. 

What was the context of this? Does Meghan think a salary of 50K puts you in poverty? In Iowa?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I like her better without them, but I understand she's older and has to wear them at times.

Joy had cataract surgery (both eyes, I believe).  As soon as the eyes "settle," we older people often never need glasses again.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, General Days said:

Abby: Everyone is so sick right now, and it's going around this table, so I'm--I think I'm the only one who hasn't gotten it.

Story of her life.  Maybe that's why she often sat alone in the cafeteria as a kid.  She didn't get the jokes and she was probably VERY judgmental.

6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I was feeling sympathetic towards Meghan yesterday because I thought she was struggling, but, today I think I must have had a mini stroke because she's back to being her miserable self.

She (or those around her) felt she no longer needed the medication.

• Love 8

Someone mentioned Bill Geddie was in the studio the day of the DJTJ fireworks.  I remember reading that he had an investment in the show with Barbara Walters and wondered if he still gets to advise for some reason.  Although I viewed some clips of Thursday it reminded me of Elizabeth and Rosie days and Bill had a big, big hand in that drama.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain was clearly trying to wring more sympathy out for herself in the media yesterday to save her horrible public image, because she's back to her normal, hateful, defends-the-indefensible self this morning. Too bad she didn't stay off so the viewers (and her co-hosts, and the in-house audience, and everyone else who works there I imagine) can actually enjoy Friday's.

Abby not getting Ana's joke at the beginning made me laugh so hard.

Oh i know hahha cracked me up too.  Yikes they must have to tie the chair to the floor, lest it fly away. In the air......head.  DOT, DOT DOT!!     

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I thought Ana' s joke was cheap, easy, and immature... Ewww, cooties....Really? You're 50+ years old saying this about another adult.   I'm all for jokes, clever ones!

We all see things differently but I enjoyed it and I agreed with what Ana said..

• Love 19

Has there been no tweets from the WH about yesterdays ep?  Isnt that odd?

50 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

We all see things differently but I enjoyed it and I agreed with what Ana said..

I just took it as an ice breaker.  I laughed.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg:  “Thank God my dad liked younger women.”

Me:  spits coffee across the room. 

Hahahahaha i didnt even catch that first time around.  Either i was in the bathroom OR i have achieved success in blocking out whenever MM speaks...muuuuuaaaahhhhhhah!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Xanax.

Ok i was just making a joke/comment about making sure a certain drug somehow got into someone's drink so that every morning could be a ray of sunshine.  LOL.  But i deleted it.  Sounded too date rapey. But you know where i was going.  Kidding Everyone!

• Love 1

Yesterday was like the split screen all over again. 

3 hours ago, Mldyold said:

Someone mentioned Bill Geddie was in the studio the day of the DJTJ fireworks.  I remember reading that he had an investment in the show with Barbara Walters and wondered if he still gets to advise for some reason.  Although I viewed some clips of Thursday it reminded me of Elizabeth and Rosie days and Bill had a big, big hand in that drama.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:25 PM, General Days said:

When you said Whoopi made a comedian comment that you took to be a dig at Joy, I didn't realize you were referencing her request to stop cracking jokes because it was contributing to the crosstalk problem.

I probably should have gleaned that from what you said, but I figured it was part of the episode I hadn't yet watched.

Either way, I didn't see it as a dig. By that point in the show, the noise level was ridiculous. I think she just wanted to keep it to one person talking at a time. 

I'm not following you. Is it up to the individual to decide whether it was blackface or is saying it wasn't blackface denying it? I feel like those are two conflicting standards in one sentence.

Ah, thank you, @merriebreeze. Yeah, today, that wouldn't be done, out of recognition for the shameful legacy of blackface in  this country. I'm relatively certain Joy wouldn't have thought of that as blackface in 1972, however. In other words, she wasn't dressing up as a caricature.  

Thank you. I came up with Gargoyle, because I can never remember how to spell her last name (and imo she has ruined her pretty face with procedures). 

@Sarah Heart, I'm sorry for the confusion. I hate when I can't figure out the nicknames either. I was going to refer to today's guests as "Fuck" and "Nut," but I was afraid people would think of "Nut" as a shortening of "Nut Meg" (which a lot of people here call Meghan). I didn't want to use their names, because I can't stand them, so I just went with "Fuck" and "DuckLips" and spent my one wit on "Gargoyle."

omg FuckNut bwahahahahana! Hysterical!  I do have to say in that one photo, i did see the Melania.  Just with longer hair.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg:  “Thank God my dad liked younger women.”

Me:  spits coffee across the room. 

What the hell was that?

5 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

What was the context of this? Does Meghan think a salary of 50K puts you in poverty? In Iowa?

Well, to be honest, a family of 4 would qualify for the MIchild free healthcare for the children at that level.

11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Xanax.

I swear by it.

I am behind and watching on Hulu:

The day with Sen Gabbard was very painful to watch.  I have no opinion at all but it was uncomfortable.

Yesterday with Trump Jr. and his new girlfriend, that happens to be some sort of strategist, was completely unwatchable.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Yesterday was like the split screen all over again. 

At least during that, only one person was screaming at a time (as far as I can remember), and there were only two people involved; plus, it was relatively brief. 

Yesterday there were seven people (really only six, though, since Meghan chose, on that day of all days, to be dignified for once), basically talking/shouting at the same time, and it lasted the entire 3 or 4 segments. 

With all the press they got, I hope they don't try to recreate it anytime soon   They're still milking that "...most important political tv show in America " headline the NYT magazine gave them last May.  

• Love 4