Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/04/2019

TheView
Message added by Aethera

This thread is now unlocked, but further violations of our politics policy will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

How should Jane Fonda have gotten to her interview, if not by flying?

It's a climate change denier talking point, to say that if you're worried about climate change and the environment, flying on an airplane makes you a hypocrite.  🙄

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Well, she doesn't seem to mind when her co-host Megzy is uncivil to her or the rest of the group or to their guests.

Nope she doesn't mind at all.  Her golden aura just glows brighter.  Sorry.....annoying..... she did seem a little intimidated by Jane.  I noticed when Jane came out she hugged Whoopi and Joy warmly, and gave Abby the polite handshake and brush by hehehehe.  MM didnt have the balls for the conversation i guess.  Jane should hookup with Sunny to become her/their legal representation.  Its issues that Sunny believes in as well, and she definitely gets the notoriety....heeh i like that idea.  Also noticed on a chirp from Abbnoying that Jane wouldnt even look at her until her answer was done.  Jane wasnt havent it 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

It's a climate change denier talking point, to say that if you're worried about climate change and the environment, flying on an airplane makes you a hypocrite.  🙄

Yup. If you drive yourself to work every day, you’re labeled a hypocrite. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

They should stop talking about politics and especially the democratic primaries if we are just going to have to listen to Whoopi tell us every day that it doesn't matter, what is going to happen is going to happen, and blah blah blah.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, like you can do a lot of things to help the environment/forestall climate change but the deniers just point out the things that you don't do.  Like it's an all or nothing situation.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

How should Jane Fonda have gotten to her interview, if not by flying?

Im curious, i wonder which is worse, flying is faster, so you'd think not as much used, or is used flying at high speeds.  Vs busses, such as pimped out rockstar tour buses.  Heavy fuel usage,  longer time in transit, maybe be multiple busses.  Which would be the worst for the planet.  Any Mathematicians want to jump on that?  No rush, but by Friday, k?   Thanks!  🤗🙄

A couple semi related thoughts: i wish someone would come up with a way to harness the wind.  Its the once source we have unlimited free abundance of it.  Its great for the rural peeps, and the farmer peeps, but something made for the city/suburb.  How does the Amtrak country wide numbers compare to flying or busses.  If better, we need to build it back up to the grandness it once was.  I for one would love it.  Love the trains, hate the planes....hah!  I called it first, patent pending!  Heehee kidding. 🥂

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yeah, like you can do a lot of things to help the environment/forestall climate change but the deniers just point out the things that you don't do.  Like it's an all or nothing situation.

Thats so dumb.  You have to also be realistic.  Jane mentioned the real crisis started 10 yeas ago and has now reached flashpoint.  We're way beyond changing lightbulbs or throwing out straws.  We need massive, sweeping changes to even believe it can be done.  Or at least maybe getting it setup for the next gen to continue.  Either way fuel and transport are top issues.  I was watching a doc about the rainforests and what is happening there.  I could cry, the devastation of whats already happened, and what is yet to become.  That shit has to stop people!   Ok, depressed now.  Sorry everybody.

Edited for clarification:  Im sorry @cinsays..i didnt mean you or anyone here  was dumb.  I was reacting to something Jane Fonda was saying, some statistic..and i was talking back at her on the tv heheh.  Same way i scream at it when MM starts to spewing lol.  Again, my apologies Cin.  I cant find your reply but thank you for being cool and calm and collected, and not going off on me, thinking i was calling you dumb.  I appreciate that  😺

Edited by Tammee
Clarification
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I’m pretty sure the powers that be made sure Meghan was far away from “Hanoi Jane” (as she probably refers to her) for obvious reasons. 

And I wouldn't blame Meghan either. Glad she wasn't there for the interview. I thought Jane wasn't nice to Abby with the handshake. She didn't have to be affectionate but the way it was done was rude.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

With regards to the social media discussion let's all keep in mind what we see on social media is an edited version of someone's life. It is not a true reflection of who they are. I always say I don't live my life on social media because I am too busy living my life.

• Love 2

I question the wardrobe department sometimes...why is it some days one person looks like they are going to a cocktail party (eg abby today), one is somewhat business casual (eg joy and maybe sunny) and one is business suits (mm)?  The cocktail attire thing happens a lot it seems with just one person (maybe Abby more often than others?).  Kind of odd.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Abby wants to know why Biden isn't continuing to lead the polls.  Maybe because voters want to vote for someone else.

And Meg can’t understand why Gabbard and Yang aren’t polling higher. Ditto voters wanting to vote for someone else. 

Re Abby’s wardrobe. One day last week she was in shredded jeans. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Thats so dumb.  You have to also be realistic.  Jane mentioned the real crisis started 10 yeas ago and has now reached flashpoint.  We're way beyond changing lightbulbs or throwing out straws.  We need massive, sweeping changes to even believe it can be done.  Or at least maybe getting it setup for the next gen to continue.  Either way fuel and transport are top issues.  I was watching a doc about the rainforests and what is happening there.  I could cry, the devastation of whats already happened, and what is yet to become.  That shit has to stop people!   Ok, depressed now.  Sorry everybody.

I think we agree, so not sure what's so dumb, but ok.  We do what we can.

2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Im curious, i wonder which is worse, flying is faster, so you'd think not as much used, or is used flying at high speeds.  Vs busses, such as pimped out rockstar tour buses.  Heavy fuel usage,  longer time in transit, maybe be multiple busses.  Which would be the worst for the planet.  Any Mathematicians want to jump on that?  No rush, but by Friday, k?   Thanks!  🤗🙄

A couple semi related thoughts: i wish someone would come up with a way to harness the wind.  Its the once source we have unlimited free abundance of it.  Its great for the rural peeps, and the farmer peeps, but something made for the city/suburb.  How does the Amtrak country wide numbers compare to flying or busses.  If better, we need to build it back up to the grandness it once was.  I for one would love it.  Love the trains, hate the planes....hah!  I called it first, patent pending!  Heehee kidding. 🥂

We're decades behind Europe and their high speed trains.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I question the wardrobe department sometimes...why is it some days one person looks like they are going to a cocktail party (eg abby today), one is somewhat business casual (eg joy and maybe sunny) and one is business suits (mm)?  The cocktail attire thing happens a lot it seems with just one person (maybe Abby more often than others?).  Kind of odd.  

Abby's outfit today really confused me, and she seemed uncomfortable in it, repeatedly tugging at the straps of the tank top.  It looked like one of those ridiculous outfits the Brown family wears, which piles unnecessary layers on top of each other to appear "modest".  

• Love 3

I wasn't surprised with Meghan not being at the table when Jane Fonda was there, I was surprised with Sunny not being there because I think she would have helped the discussion. It was a mess. While I don't agree with Abby, I do like that she tried to provide another side. She didn't do a good job and came off as more apathetic to the entire thing. (She's for climate change, but doesn't think the government will do anything about it.) It did help Jane explain why we need to protest, because nothing is being done.

I was disappointed by Joy though. I normally like her, but I thought she was the worst one in this discussion. Bringing up Biden again and going on a rant during an interview. Whoopi was the only one who seemed coherent.

As for the black people topic....I wish the View would talk more about gerrymandering and suppression of black voters, instead of just putting all of the pressure on black folk to save everyone. We're not the only ones in the country and while the majority do tend to vote Democrat, it won't matter if everyone else does their part.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Abby's outfit today really confused me, and she seemed uncomfortable in it, repeatedly tugging at the straps of the tank top.  It looked like one of those ridiculous outfits the Brown family wears, which piles unnecessary layers on top of each other to appear "modest".  

I so noticed the tugging. I've never seen Abby do this. I didn't even know tall skinny girls knew how to tug. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Who are they - the Brown family?

2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

As for the black people topic....I wish the View would talk more about gerrymandering and suppression of black voters, instead of just putting all of the pressure on black folk to save everyone. We're not the only ones in the country and while the majority do tend to vote Democrat, it won't matter if everyone else does their part.

Yes!

• Love 6

We're decades behind Europe and their high speed trains.

Oh i know. 😥  ive been jealous of their train system my whole life.  My bucket list has 'ride the orient express'.  Thats all. Things come to me slow hah, but alas im sure i will have to find a replacement as i dont foresee any trips to Europe, much as i would love too.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Whaaaa....????

Is today bizarro day?  Was Joy extolling the virtues of the President?  Was Sunny talking about her open marriage?  Did Abby utter an insightful thought?  Was Megan charming?

She was her normal self during hot topics, but during the discussion with Jane Fonda she was the best one on the panel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Abby says we aren't having a conversation about climate change. And who's fault is that Abby?

She does this a lot.  Makes it sound like both sides are the problem and that is simply not true regarding climate change.

Right.  As long as the leaders of the party in control keep saying that Climate change is not real, we won't have any meaningful legislation to combat what is a real threat to our existence.  When leaders take solar and wind power as  a huge joke, there is a lack of funding to explore these alternate power sources.  

The  "Brown family?" 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, lusinia said:

The camera wasn't on Joy at the time, so I wonder if there was some specific reason Meghan said, "This is serious, Joy" (at least she said it quietly.) when she was talking about Trump wanting her fired from Fox.

I think Joy was humming some song when Megun told her that.

• Love 2

Sunny talks as if the 2.5% of people in Iowa who are Black are sprinkled evenly throughout, when in fact >55% live in five cities: Davenport (11.6% Black), Des Moines (10.7%), Waterloo (15.5%), Hiawatha (12.4%) & Coralville (13.1%) have significant proportions of Blacks.  These numbers are similar to the US average of 14%. Non-Hispanic blacks make up 12.1% of the total US population. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

She was her normal self during hot topics, but during the discussion with Jane Fonda she was the best one on the panel.

Its the Christmas Spirit!  Snow in the forecast, stores all festive with people spending money they dont have...its the American Dream!  🇺🇸

• Love 1

blAbby doesn't want protest to burst the bubble she lives in. blAbby keeps saying rational conversations need to happen about climate change  yet she keeps spreading lies about what AOC has said.

I found it so hilarious when Megun said yesterday that she was sick on friday.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Who are they - the Brown family?

Yes!

5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Right.  As long as the leaders of the party in control keep saying that Climate change is not real, we won't have any meaningful legislation to combat what is a real threat to our existence.  When leaders take solar and wind power as  a huge joke, there is a lack of funding to explore these alternate power sources.  

The  "Brown family?" 

The Browns are from the TLC show Sister Wives. They are polygamist Mormons who layer several tops for modesty. Often the result is rather immodest. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, falltime said:

I just watched the clip again. Joy tells Producer Brian to play the Godfather music

Oh, you were nice to do that.  I remember Joy doing that; she did a little "da da da da..." of the music herself, when Abby and Whoopie were both talking about Trump threatening people.  I guess Meghan didn't want any musical accompaniment for her story.     

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The  "Brown family?" 

I think it is a reference to Sister Wives.

• Love 5

I saw an article yesterday about Don Jr.'s appearance on CBS This Morning earlier in the day.  He's publicizing his new book. entitled "Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us". 

So - it doesn't sound like Kimberly was on with him.  Do you think she's coming on The View because as a "work friend" of Meghan's and Abby's, she thinks they'll (especially Meghan) go easier on him with her there?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

I thought I'd give the show another shot today, then Tulsi started right up with her bullshit.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Joy is hitting back on that. Not hard enough though. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

Should have saved my snark for Tulsi’s segment.  MIgraine- Russian interference is not being ignored.  Pull your head out of the American flag you’ve got wrapped around it and try to keep up

• Love 19

I wanted Abby to finish her point about the person Meghan said is running a horrible campaign. Abby was trying to show that she's informed and said Mitch should be scared especially since the person running against him- 

Then Meghan cut her off to basically say that she's wrong. That seems to happen a lot now.

Whether Tulsi is being used or not doesn't matter since she won't win and is polling low, but I don't disagree with her comments that Hillary did campaign for regime changes that did destroy a lot of people's lives. I don't like Tulsi (she's too conservative and has some really horrible policy ideas and views like supporting Modi and what not), but she's not wrong with this point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Come on Megun, just because someone’s a veteran, doesn’t necessarily  mean they’re honerable and above criticism.    First and foremost, they’re people.  I understand the sacrifice.  Both of my brothers served, one in Vietnam.  

• Love 23