Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Falling Apart

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No, no they did not think that they were both unemployed (has he started his underpaying job at the Wellness Center?) far from family support from TIffany's family, living in a dangerous part of SA and Daniel misses home so getting pregnant was a great idea!!!  I do think the love and affection Ronald has for Daniel is real.

I agree and I think he does love Tiffany, I just don't know if he loves them or himself enough to resist temptation. Its not easy. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kroliosis said:

My understanding is the wife goes to live with the husband's family.  So wife Sumit moved in with family sumit.

Well that would explain Sumit needing over and over to get back to the Family Sumit home, as he was claiming.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Love, love, love when Mother Paul basically said she was cutting Paul off and she was going to start living for herself as in "get your paws off my money!"

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

So is mother Paul paying the expenses for this little family?  Per the story line?

I'm sure the network is footing most of the bills plus makeup and expenses!  Paul doesn't have to work!  He's an actor!!!

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but if I were paying the bills, I’d sponsor Katrine coming here.   Rather have them here in the US than living in third world conditions in Brazil.   

Laura is just an idiot.  So Liam is worried that Laura won’t pay for his college.  Sorry kid but your 22 years old.  In my household that train has left the station and you’d be paying your own tuition.  Time to grow up.

Laura getting pregnant and carrying a baby.  🤣🤣🤣

Aladin thinking she can get pregnant.  🙄🙄🙄🙄

Tiffany is a moron.  We couldn’t see this coming.  

Jenny just needs to go home.  Sumit is a liar.  Who knows what else he has lied about.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

I gotta give TLC credit for rounding up this group of - ummm, misfits (to put it nicely).  And I thought that *I* had made some bad decisions in my life!  Eesh!

If Jenny sticks with Sumit she deserves everything she gets!  Stupid, stupid, stupid woman, how many people have told you this was a mistake?!?!  Like, every single person you have talked to?

I am totally confused about Tiffany, although I shouldn't be.  She says she's going/coming back to America - for what?  For a while?  To have the baby and then go back?  There is no way in H*LL Ronald will get to come here!  I'm thinking she just realized what an awful mistake she made and is hightailing it back "home" and will deal with Ronald from afar.  Ronald will relapse within 48 hours of seeing Tiffany off at the airport, guaranteed.  She's been keeping a close watch on him and as soon as she's out of sight, he will think it's OK to slip just this once . . .

I wonder if Laura DOES manage to find herself pregnant, if she will have a little purple baby?  And call him little baby jiggy?  I crack myself up sometimes . . . !

Mother Paul just makes me thank my lucky stars that my sons grew to be productive members of society able to pay their own bills.  It's one thing to cut your adult son off, but there is an innocent baby involved here.  Apparently her only grandchild.  But, good for her for at least trying. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, eyebleach said:

Is it me or do Paul and Karine call the baby Pierr-y?  Am I making this up

I found this online:”A distinctive feature of Portuguese is that it preserved the stressed vowels of Vulgar Latin, which other Romance languages diphthongized; cf. Fr. pierre, Sp. piedra, Port. pedra, from Lat. petra; or Sp. fuego, It. fuoco, Port. fogo, from Lat. focum.”

https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~rwest/wikispeedia/wpcd/wp/p/Portuguese_language.htm

If this extends to Colombian SPanish, it would also explain Vegas girl’s “Colt-EEEE” syndrome

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, OrchidThief said:

I found this online:”A distinctive feature of Portuguese is that it preserved the stressed vowels of Vulgar Latin, which other Romance languages diphthongized; cf. Fr. pierre, Sp. piedra, Port. pedra, from Lat. petra; or Sp. fuego, It. fuoco, Port. fogo, from Lat. focum.”

If this extends to Colombian SPanish, it would also explain Vegas girl’s “Colt-EEEE” syndrome

I think Larissa was also from Brazil.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I think Jenny thought she was walking into a Hallmark Movie story - star-crossed lovers torn apart by his dictatorial and judgmental family kind of crap!  She can't quite give up the fantasy at this point.  It is pathetic to see a woman my age acting so ridiculous.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I kind of felt bad for Ronald. He's getting left behind and that's gotta hurt. Too bad they didn't try to plan things just a wee bit better. You know, like talk about what might happen if they get pregnant, where they're gonna live, possibly find a decent park for the kid to play.

This is solid advice, but sadly nowhere near how these lovebirds/jailbirds think.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I know sum-eee is in the wrong , but Jenny has the whiniest voice I have ever heard . How desperate do you have to be to be in the situation she’s in and still be huggy and kissy with him ? It’s not even like this is happening in the comfort of her own home . She’s in a country she hates and doesn’t have any support system there 

• Love 11

I really felt sorry for Mother Pole and Laura in those hot, humid climates.  I'm 58 and have become so heat intolerant that I become a she- beast when overheated.  How they managed to come off reasonably well (okay, well, Mother Pole did) under those conditions is amazing. I probably would have been clawing some eyes out!

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

I have sympathy for MotherPaul, and really liked she

-gave Paul decent advice
-proposed ending the financial support
-was good with Karine and baby
-gave Karine (I think) some hope that Paul could change, seeing as they had a good week all together

Edited by MajorNelson
typo
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

i understand he is upset not being able to be there for the birth of his child, but gee, didn't you guys think about this????? 

If Tiff had the baby in the SA public hospital, he wouldn't have been allowed in the room anyway. He'd probably be allowed to see more via Skype. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

So Tiffany decided to use Daniel to weasel out of her ill conceived marriage

do you mean "hastily" conceived? She said last night she had been there for three months and even if she got pregnant the first day that Rawnold got out of rehab, she looked much farther along to me. 

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I know sum-eee is in the wrong , but Jenny has the whiniest voice I have ever heard . How desperate do you have to be to be in the situation she’s in and still be huggy and kissy with him ? It’s not even like this is happening in the comfort of her own home . She’s in a country she hates and doesn’t have any support system there 

Yeah, and such a small NO WINDOWS apt.  How could she sit there for long?  It's like being in a closet. And no cable tv? I can't imagine.....

Also, with Jenny, why does she keep asking him WHY he lied. I mean.....don't we know why married men lie?  It was to his benefit. Pretty simple.  It's as if she expects some sort of a unique, bizarre explanation that will make it all okay. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It must be something Brazilian because Karine is pronounced the same way at the end with the eeee. 

As mentioned by others while I was  procrastinating, exactly like Larissa.

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Karinne to Pole: "Shut up"

"... that is our only source of income!"

4 hours ago, gotta watch said:

Do you all know the movie To Kill a Mockingbird, the actor who plays Dill? I think of him every time they show sweet Daniel on the screen.

I was thinking the same thing last night! 

I had a doctor who is from India. I absolutely adored him and his beautiful wife.  When he implanted my pump,  he'd come by the hospital at midnight,  one time dressed in a tux.  He had taken his wife and daughter to the opera.   He told me theirs was an arranged marriage, they were beautiful together and very happy.   He told me that arranged marriages are arranged at birth and normally take place today between the ages of 21-29. His wife was a doctor also.  They waited until they were both finished with medical school before marrying.  He,  very sadly,  was diagnosed with brain cancer and died.  Reason I brought this up is I wonder why Summet waited so long to marry.  Jenny really feels victimized by his family & in-laws, using the verbiage "he was ripped from my arms".  All I envision were the two of them clinging to each other while his family members were pulling them apart. 

Liam looked just as  ridiculous as Laura looked.  Aladdin was very handsome in his tux.  When they panned out to the dance floor,  there were some absolutely gorgeous women , I wonder what they thought of Aladin marrying the older,  over weight,  stringy haired blonde with the Indiana Jones son with a camel fang hanging around his neck!?

• LOL 14
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, alegtostandon said:

As mentioned by others while I was  procrastinating, exactly like Larissa.

"... that is our only source of income!"

I was thinking the same thing last night! 

I had a doctor who is from India. I absolutely adored him and his beautiful wife.  When he implanted my pump,  he'd come by the hospital at midnight,  one time dressed in a tux.  He had taken his wife and daughter to the opera.   He told me theirs was an arranged marriage, they were beautiful together and very happy.   He told me that arranged marriages are arranged at birth and normally take place today between the ages of 21-29. His wife was a doctor also.  They waited until they were both finished with medical school before marrying.  He,  very sadly,  was diagnosed with brain cancer and died.  Reason I brought this up is I wonder why Summet waited so long to marry.  Jenny really feels victimized by his family & in-laws, using the verbiage "he was ripped from my arms".  All I envision were the two of them clinging to each other while his family members were pulling them apart. 

Liam looked just as  ridiculous as Laura looked.  Aladdin was very handsome in his tux.  When they panned out to the dance floor,  there were some absolutely gorgeous women , I wonder what they thought of Aladin marrying the older,  over weight,  stringy haired blonde with the Indiana Jones son with a camel fang hanging around his neck!?

What a visual!  It was funny.  I can't imagine what anyone thought of the spectacle.  I would think the community was all aghast. 

• Love 1

If plates weren't expensive and a mess to clean up after breaking, I'd probably have thrown a few at Sumit. It looks great on a soap opera or TV show, but the reality is one of having to clean up what you toss in anger.

If Jenny did not know that Sumit was already married when she got to India, she is lucky that she found out. If she knew and still packed up her life, it's on her. She became a willing sidepiece/mistress. Unless Sumit made any plans to leave his wife, he isn't going to unless his hand is forced.  He will continue to benefit. If Jenny was blindsided, at least she knows now. He chose to lie to her. Give him the same option - what are your plans for leaving your wife. If he has none, goodbye. Sumit would be a creep to lead her on, learn that she had sold her stuff to move there - for what. Being an unknown side-piece? If this is revenge for his family - that he will be on TV and that some folks in India who know him will see the show, it might bring shame on them. And perhaps a divorce for Sumit. And no Jenny, as she would move back to the US and ghost him.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, OrchidThief said:

Vegas girl (Larissa) was from Brazil. Pao (from the infamous Pao and Russ) was from Colombia, they don't stress the eeee's there. Isn't femme fatale Tim courting Jeniffer in Colombia? I don't hear her stressing the eeee's either. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This made me laugh indecently loudly. And I know just how you feel. I did the same thing.

If only Aladin knew how many American ladies would be interested in his brand of jiggy jiggy. Compared to the parade of losers on this shitshow, he's emerged as the gold standard of Tunisian Love Rats.

Meanwhile, Danielle is kicking herself.

Maybe Aladin will get plenty of dates from this show. Hopefully, closer to his age and mentally stable. No Danielle. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, OFDgal said:

I thought it looked like he took a piece of her hair between his fingers when he was saying good-bye and put it in his pocket.

I agree!  To me, it looked as though right after Paul said her hair smelled good, he went back in for a strand of hair.  It seemed as though he placed it in his pocket as he was walking.  Soon, he'll have enough of his mom's hair to create a hairpiece to wear when he's balding, or sell on EBay.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Jenny is hopeless. He tells her the first year he was trying to work on his marriage. Working on his marriage while he’s corresponding daily with his girlfriend in the United States and telling her he loves her. That’s not working on your marriage.

Tiffany, I just can’t. She’s just using Daniel to get out of the situation she put her self in. That poor kid.

Paul, that little talk his mother gave him is a bit late don’t you think? He looked absolutely distraught that mommy was going to cut him off when he should’ve been supporting himself years ago. He’s just totally unlikable. His wife is better off without him.

Laura looked ridiculous. Did you notice the look on Aladdin's mother’s face at one point?  Wouldn’t you just love to know what that woman is thinking.  What is HE thinking????

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

You can click on the " button underneath someone's post to quote him or her.

Some people also type out the name and click the Bold button to bold it and reply.

6 minutes ago, Boston said:

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to respond to a certain person's post?..I'm techinically challenged but not this daft (at least I didn't think so0

Boston, my reply was to you.

• Love 2

That low life, sniveling Sumit is nothing but a lying coward.  He catfished Jenny; allowed her to quit her job; give up her home; sell her car and move to India knowing that he already has a wife.  Instead of a swift kick to the groin, the old fool greeted him with a hug and a kiss.  Then she proceeded to ask him, “what are we going to do?” I know what I would like to do to them both. 

I guess the promises of sweets and a new Dad wasn't enough to make Daniel want to stay in SA.   Plus, the story Ronald told him about little boys being kidnapped and sold probably had him scared to death.  I have a feeling life in SA wasn't what Tiffany thought it would be and just wanted an excuse to go home.

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Boston said:

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to respond to a certain person's post?..I'm techinically challenged but not this daft (at least I didn't think so0

Click on the +double quote symbol for one post. Click it again for the second post, if replying to another post. Keep reading all the posts, if you want, then click the black box quote symbol & it'll take you to the end of the topic. 

You can erase parts of the original post that don't pertain to your response. I hope this helps, I too was (am) confused about navigating the site. 

You can also type the symbol @ and names will appear. Like @Boston.

Edited by Rt66vintage
More confusion
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I have sympathy for MotherPaul, and really liked she

-gave Paul decent advice
-proposed ending the financial support
-was good with Karine and baby
-gave Karine (I think) some hope that Paul could change, seeing as they had a good week all together

- was pleasant to Karine’s mom unlike the creature who bore Pao

Much credit to his mom for all these good things. Guessing her life has not always been easy with “Father” and Pole but she handled everyone she came across like a champ.  I rarely comment on this couple but it was nice to see them happy for a minute.  Pole said he would remember it for the rest of his life.  WTG

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Kareem said:

- was pleasant to Karine’s mom unlike the creature who bore Pao

Much credit to his mom for all these good things. Guessing her life has not always been easy with “Father” and Pole but she handled everyone she came across like a champ.  I rarely comment on this couple but it was nice to see them happy for a minute.  Pole said he would remember it for the rest of his life.  WTG

Mother Pole has continued to surprise me every time she is on the show. I like her. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Jenny is also a fool for continuing to entertain a lying liar who lies. He has a poor moral character and his 1st instinct seems to be to lie. He has showed her who he is from the get go but she refuses to see it. 

One of my friends used to tell me all the time, “Everyday people tell you who they are.  And when they do, believe them.”

I think this applies in spades here!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

If only Aladin knew how many American ladies would be interested in his brand of jiggy jiggy. Compared to the parade of losers on this shitshow, he's emerged as the gold standard of Tunisian Love Rats.

Meanwhile, Danielle is kicking herself.

You rang? Anyway, I could probably take Danielle. She had her chance, she can head right to the back of the line.

Is Mother Pole the only person on this entire franchise who has seemed more competent and normal over the trajectory of all her appearances?

• Love 8

Don't forget Paul's seemingly sensible Mom raised Paul so that's a big strike against her.

Tiffany doesn't want to stay in South Africa so she's using Daniel to get the hell out of there and come home.

The verdict is in. Aladin - yes. Laura - no. Sumit - no. Jenny - no. Just my opinion.

• Love 10

Daniel does look like John Megna! You called it! I was wracking my brain trying to figure it out. I find from Wikipedia that he was Connie Stevens' half brother (man, Connie got all the looks in that gene pool), he was also in the Miri episode of Star Trek, and very sadly, he died of AIDS-related complications at age 42. 

4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Isn't femme fatale Tim courting Jeniffer in Colombia? 

Coincidentally both Pao and Jeniffer both come from the same city in Colombia and they both aspire to be models. Last year Ricky also went to Colombia in search of the elusive Melissa. I think both Jeniffer and Melissa met their American men on Colombian Cupid. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

I spoke with the woman who cleans my dad's house, who is also from Brazil.  She was doing the ee thing too.  But I also know a lot of European Portuguese speakers, and they don't do it.  It seems to be exclusively a Brazilian Portuguese thing.

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

And I’m sorry, but who has a child 20 years after their original kids grow up? I mean, other than Madonna who purchased little kids. Family Tiffany just seems a bit shiftless to me. 

Wow, just wow.  I know plenty of people who were "menopausal babies."  It happens, doesn't mean people are shiftless at all.  Life.

giphy.gif

• Love 7
10 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree and I think he does love Tiffany, I just don't know if he loves them or himself enough to resist temptation. Its not easy. 

I am trying to understand Ronald, I really am, but I have rarely gambled.  I can't say never as I have bought about 10 lottery tickets and played the slots once in Vegas (it was in the airport, not a casino) so I just don't get the attraction!  I am the girl who went to Vegas for a week and never entered a casino.   Hot weather, a pool and people watching were on my agenda!  Heck I was next to Liquor World and went in every day for a.......Diet Coke.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Welp!  That was somehow disappointing AND unsurprising. 

1. Summit can suck it.  He tried.  Even grandma Jenny knew that was BS.  How are you working on your marriage if you're on the phone with your geriatric side piece?  He thinks Jenny is so great?  Wait until he lives with her 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, alone in a tiny apartment for years....without the thrill of the affair and getting caught.  

2.  Jenny's family didn't even make the list of things she gave up.  Her FURNITURE made the list.  This bitch.....

3.  "Should we just end it?". Damn Jenny, have some shame, some pride, damn girl.

4.  All Tiffany's "concerns" were all there before she had that talk with Ronald.  She is a fool.  A few easy Google searches would have let her know the danger and the situation with the hospitals.  I sure hope Ronald can't stay here.  I won't get into the weeds, but there are people fleeing real.danger who can't be here.....but this asshat should be in the US?

5. Paul seemed genuinely upset that his mother wasn't going to support him, karine and a baby.  Paul is nearly 40.  The hell?  Maybe he can get some job translating documents from Spanish to English.  

When we had international indictments and court records we had to have them translated, so it's clearly someone's job.

6.  Laura and Liam are so weird.  Poor aladin.  

7.  Aladin's cousins are shady bitches for letting Laura go out looking like that.  There really is no foundation or BB cream to be had anywhere?  Didn't she bring some with her?  And why couldn't she wear a bra?  Props to aladin for telling her she looks pretty with a straight face. 

4 hours ago, RoadFullOfPromise said:

I fell asleep watching this episode, and that’s not a reflection of how interesting it was or was not (just a LONG Monday).

Thankfully it’s still on our DVR, but still...WHAT A BLOW I DEALT MYSELF.

It's sounds like a TERRIBLE TRAGEDY!  which I think is jenny's new thing.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am trying to understand Ronald, I really am, but I have rarely gambled.  I can't say never as I have bought about 10 lottery tickets and played the slots once in Vegas (it was in the airport, not a casino) so I just don't get the attraction!  I am the girl who went to Vegas for a week and never entered a casino.   Hot weather, a pool and people watching were on my agenda!  Heck I was next to Liquor World and went in every day for a.......Diet Coke.

You probably start off small and then you win a little here and there. It covers your cost of playing and then the wins start to lessen. You always think the next game or the next slot machine will be the winner. And you lose, and lose, and lose. The casino wins.

I buy an occasional lottery ticket and I have occasionally gone to a casino with my $25 for the night.  I had to go across a casino every day when I went to a conference in Vegas. The smoke or perfume smell just about got me every single time I had to pass through (conveniently when you got off the elevator, the casino was right beside you and you had to go through it to get to the convention area or the shops/restaurants attached to the hotel).

• Love 1
15 hours ago, eyebleach said:

Is it me or do Paul and Karine call the baby Pierr-y?  Am I making this up?

Jenny - GO HOME!  Don't give this jackass an opportunity again.  He didn't choose you.  He chose what his family wanted.

And was perfectly fine to string her along with that promise ring ceremony or whatever until she had to go home.  He was just going to keep sneaking Skype calls when he wasn't with his real wife. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Matty said:

Don't forget Paul's seemingly sensible Mom raised Paul so that's a big strike against her.

Maybe Paul's weirdness comes from "Father" who is never seen and rarely mentioned. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Ugh Tiffany continues to get on my last nerve with her Holier than tho attitude. She makes it seem like America is this magical world where crimes don’t occur, poverty doesn’t exsist, healthcare is free, children are safe to play outside without fear. America has its faults just like any other country. Reality must be finally sinking into her dumb ass that getting her loser husband to the states won’t be as easy as the baby making process she’s trapping the addict with. 

Jenny- How 60+ year old Jenny continues to waste time on a guy who still has to ask mommy and daddy for permission just baffles me... 

Pole/karine - What the hell was with that place pole and mommy sat at ordering bottled water with complimentary plastic cups? Looked like a place that was destroyed by WW2 and never repaired. 

Laura- Like Laura I am also over the 3 day wedding process,that involves non stop partying,and parades blocking traffic. I don’t understand the tradition but whatever.  I’m more interested for an interview to know why Liam Chose THAT outfit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4