Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm not talking about the GL, but the group itself.  But it doesn't really matter, it isn't true that the best dancers go to Group 1, I recall Shelly debunking that notion.

Yeah, that notion of Group 1 being the best is an OLD one, waaaay before Jenna was a DCC.   

11 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

If Group 1 = best dancers, wouldn’t we see more of the rookie cuts coming from Groups 3 or 4? For all of the previously stated reasons, I have to believe that groups are racked and stacked according to dance ability. 

This.  And heights and hair colors and what looks good together.  Judy is trying to picture how to make everything still looked balanced when they pull out of huge formation into their groups.  probably why we see how some girls are moved around as cuts are made throughout camp. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

If Group 1 = best dancers, wouldn’t we see more of the rookie cuts coming from Groups 3 or 4? For all of the previously stated reasons, I have to believe that groups are racked and stacked according to dance ability. 

Time to summon @ShellyB. Are group placements based on skill ie best dancers in group one then trickles down to weakest dancers in group four? Or are they distributed based on look?

Also group leaders based on seniority or skill? Like group 1 leader is usually who has been there longer or who is best?

(edited)
10 hours ago, PunchPowerPop said:

Ok i know its old news now but Gina is fire afffff in this and I'm not usually a huge Gina fan. 

Everybody knows my take on Gina...I don't like her and I think she is fake af....I think her facials look ridiculous and she's annoying as hell to watch...there's not much she does to impress me other than being a good technical dancer.  🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t know where that came from either I heard group 1 had all the best dancers and group four was the weakest dancers 

I thought the confusion came from the discussion that Savannah is in Group 1 but the video, with her in it, says Group 4.  

(edited)
19 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I thought the confusion came from the discussion that Savannah is in Group 1 but the video, with her in it, says Group 4.  

That video I posted was from last year yes she was in group 4 last year 

Edited by Holly85
12 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I believe that video is from last year's squad.  @Holly85 can you confirm when this video was filmed?

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

I think it’s the Travis wall video he did while at the star teaching the girls 

She was talking about the plaza video you posted.  It's labeled group 4.  Read back to see her post.

6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

So when was the plaza video you posted filmed?  There seems to be some confusion, lol.

I did an edit so wouldn’t cause anymore confusion 

• Useful 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Just saw this...Chandi and Amanda look good!! They are quickly becoming some of my top picks 🙂 The blonde in the back row...I'm thinking maybe that is the other legacy, Madeline Salter...she looks weak. If it's not her...she still looks weak.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

Is that Alanna in front of Jalyn? Whoever that is, she’s good!

I believe that is Alanna....she may be more of a stand out this year...she's not blending in this 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 6/17/2019 at 3:33 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Especially if, according to Milan, no one is allowed to talk with or email Kelli or Judy.

OM Lordy, REALLY????? What kind of BS is that and then on the show act like they are just a phone call away? And then that whole scene of being mad at Jenna for texting Shelly was BS too. Who are they supposed to ask questions too? (I get that situation was different). 

I am so sick of this BS false persona they throw out to viewers as if they are so approachable and family-centered in interactions. I get more and more fearful for these beautiful ladies. I feel like starting the term TPTNTG (The Powers that Need to Go). That's why I believe the real story is in people like Shelly and Jen and the others who are the true day to day interactions that form the team. J&K are not even there at every practice anyway right. So they make these decisions based on what they happen to see that night? If it is on notes of the real staff observing these girls, let's hear from them instead. Control Freak Much???

• Love 6

It’d make no sense of them organizing groups by ability. What a clear way of saying “you suck” to the girls who make the team put in group four. That year with Jenna (1) and Kashara (4) was the year of exodus with Erin and Holly I believe, so there was a lot of shifting going around as it is. 

GL always go by seniority, after that I think it’s a mix of hair colors and looks tbh. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I remember Rachel W once getting into trouble for saying the dances were all kind of the same and pretty easy and watching this she wasn't lying. What a juvenile baby dance. My daughter did more interesting sidelines on her middle school dance team. I wish they would step it up. Apologies if the choreographer is reading this. I know you can you better.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

I remember Rachel W once getting into trouble for saying the dances were all kind of the same and pretty easy and watching this she wasn't lying. What a juvenile baby dance. My daughter did more interesting sidelines on her middle school dance team. I wish they would step it up. Apologies if the choreographer is reading this. I know you can you better.

I agree!  The choreography should be more upbeat...too slow mo!  Someone needs to kick it up a notch. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I agree!  The choreography should be more upbeat...too slow mo!  Someone needs to kick it up a notch. 

I thought the same thing and then got to wondering. Do you think they intentionally do these slower dancers to allow the girls some pacing breathers being on the sideline for 4 hours? I imagine it would be impossible to do heavy hitting fast dancing straight through. Or am I wrong? Someone help me out? Any Idea if it is intentional?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

I'm so not on the Molly train, I find her to be a fairly weak dancer, even more so here. Jayln and Cianna are giving it and Alanna looks good too. The blonde rookie at the back doesn't have enough power but the other two nearer the front look great!

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm so not on the Molly train, I find her to be a fairly weak dancer, even more so here. Jayln and Cianna are giving it and Alanna looks good too. The blonde rookie at the back doesn't have enough power but the other two nearer the front look great!

Agree with all of this! Molly’s dancing is pretty boring so I forget about her a lot. She seems like a sweet person though which they could definitely use more of!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, klopie said:

Agree with all of this! Molly’s dancing is pretty boring so I forget about her a lot. She seems like a sweet person though which they could definitely use more of!

Oh I'm sure she's a lovely woman, seems like a great teammate which goes a long way but her dancing isn't up to snuff. Through this video, her foot placement is messy. She's not a crisp dancer. Just seems like they cut rookies for sub-par dance but not vets, they have to make another mistake eg attitude, decision-making, weight gain. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

Just saw this...Chandi and Amanda look good!! They are quickly becoming some of my top picks 🙂 The blonde in the back row...I'm thinking maybe that is the other legacy, Madeline Salter...she looks weak. If it's not her...she still looks weak.

I think Chandi looks fantastic! Amanda looks better than the other blonde, but I think Amanda needs work with finishing moves. Amanda is a little soft, in my opinion. When I first watched the video, my first thought was how strong the rookies look - but after rewatching it a few times, I see it differently. I think all the vets seen look good.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tootie said:

Wow Amanda Dilks! She is the personification of the some much need glam on the team. I can't wait to see the other Glam girls in action: Kat Puryer, Kelcey Wetterberg and Lauren Ligon!

As always, Jalyn for point! 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Amanda 

I disagree. I don't think Amanda looks good in this video. She doesn't have power and she isn't smiling. Judy hates that. The girl in the front looks incredible though. Just my opinion though. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, AAT said:

I disagree. I don't think Amanda looks good in this video. She doesn't have power and she isn't smiling. Judy hates that. The girl in the front looks incredible though. Just my opinion though. 

I'm with you. Amanda was weak IMO too.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, AAT said:

She's not smiling? It looked like she was to me. 

6 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I agree, but also keep in consideration that EVERY time a choreographer tries to push the DCC boundaries, they get ripped apart on this very board. There have been a few who did slightly different styles and people got pissed because it wasn't the same moves in different orders. If the DCC are the "best of the best" then they should be able to, and be expected to do different styles. Choreographers get nervous to go outside of the box because people slander them for not doing the same boring crap and say that "this isn't DCC style"

• Love 6

Any idea which group that is in the clip? Just curious. 

If Gina isn't point she will be in the triangle. I totally see her as a 5 yr girl. If she isn't point this year, she will be next year. 

• Love 2

I know GL has nothing to do with point but the past few point girls have been a GL. And as a fan I think it would be weird to go to the game see the point girl be one person when they do Thunder and then for the rest of the game see that point girl not being point in their groups of 9. So given that I think point will be and should be a GL. Given that I hope Tess or Amy get some pizzazz and sparkle because of the 4 GL I hope it’s one of them. 

• Love 1

I’m a newer fan. But have there been other years with two blondes in the triangle? Maybe they’ll darken heathers hair like to Lauren’s color and that’s why Gina’s is platinum. Just trying to envision it.