Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, MTTFan said:

It would be nice to know HOW exactly who ends up with who.

The first rehearsal of TC, Vets sent TCCs into the studio, had a meeting in the locker room to decide/pick BBs and then they revealed their buddies later that week. I just happened to walk in the locker room when the Vets were huddled up deciding. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Courtney has moved on from the Cowboys. I’ll see if the social department  can do a locker room tour. 

Best cut so far!  Yay!

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

Hey @ShellyB! On another note, any info on the timeline for Oxnard? Getting to Dallas is kind of out of reach, but I’d love to meet the girls in my own backyard. I know in the past they have done meet and greets so I was hoping they would this year too! Thank you!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DCCFan12 said:

Hey @ShellyB! On another note, any info on the timeline for Oxnard? Getting to Dallas is kind of out of reach, but I’d love to meet the girls in my own backyard. I know in the past they have done meet and greets so I was hoping they would this year too! Thank you!

I would also like to see if I can make Oxnard this year.  Was offered tickets last year but couldn't make it.  Since it's  about an hour's drive, it's within reach.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, DCCFan12 said:

3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I would also like to see if I can make Oxnard this year.  Was offered tickets last year but couldn't make it.  Since it's  about an hour's drive, it's within reach.

You MUST take (& share) pictures!!!  😀

Edited by Tootie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

@ShellyB another question for you, if you don't mind.

We know that 36 is the traditional/desired number for the team, but it has varied between 34 and 39 during the course of the tv show. I'm wondering if the 36 is driven at all by budget concerns, and if the years when the team was larger happened because the budget was bigger during those years, or if it was strictly due to the talent pool or other factors?

You may have seen the rumors here that as of a couple of years go, that 36 was set in stone and deviations are no longer allowed. Do you know if that is true? Last year especially, there was a rumor that Kelli "begged" Charlotte to expand the team to 38 but Charlotte said no, 36 is a hard cap. 

(Sorry...I know I'm probably getting deeper into this than other people care about, but I'm so curious about how everything works.)

• Love 6
(edited)
56 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Courtney has moved on from the Cowboys. I’ll see if the social department  can do a locker room tour. 

@ShellyB, has a decision been made who will replace Courtney on the These Boots are Made for Talkin' podcasts?  Will Shannon be remaining as co-host?

19 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

We know that 36 is the traditional/desired number for the team, but it has varied between 34 and 39 during the course of the tv show. I'm wondering if the 36 is driven at all by budget concerns, and if the years when the team was larger happened because the budget was bigger during those years, or if it was strictly due to the talent pool or other factors?

You may have seen the rumors here that as of a couple of years go, that 36 was set in stone and deviations are no longer allowed. Do you know if that is true? Last year especially, there was a rumor that Kelli "begged" Charlotte to expand the team to 38 but Charlotte said no, 36 is a hard cap. 

(Sorry...I know I'm probably getting deeper into this than other people care about, but I'm so curious about how everything works.)

I'm just as curious as @sleepyjean so would love to hear the intel on this as well.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

Is that a nice way of saying fired? I hope your social media department does do something like that. 

• Love 3

I’m hoping the social media department steps up their game in terms of management in the comment sections of their posts. I have to turn away come calendar time.

With over a million followers and young girls utilizing social media more than ever, I’d hate for my kid to look at the FB posts and see “oh yeah honey I want you to have my babies” in the comment section. 

These women shouldn’t have to be subjected to that crap. Get it under control. 

• Love 11
(edited)
7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

That's exactly why I turned off the commenting on 2/3 of the posts I made on Facebook when I managed the social media for a local Mom N Pop restaurant.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
changed wording
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I’m hoping the social media department steps up their game in terms of management in the comment sections of their posts. I have to turn away come calendar time.

With over a million followers and young girls utilizing social media more than ever, I’d hate for my kid to look at the FB posts and see “oh yeah honey I want you to have my babies” in the comment section. 

Oof yeah I know sex appeal is a big part of the DCC but some of the comments are so gross/creepy, I wish someone would prune the comment section lol 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Did someone post the pic of the GLs yet? Sorry, haven’t been on much this weekend. 

Nope, first pic!!  Thank you:)

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Hey @ShellyB!  Have they picked the All-Stars yet?  Thanks 🙂

Stephanie got a box of hosiery from Chantel as a birthday present and this morning Nicole B was showing off a pair of new Luchesse boots, so maybe...…….???

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Nope, first pic!!  Thank you:)

Stephanie got a box of hosiery from Chantel as a birthday present and this morning Nicole B was showing off a pair of new Luchesse boots, so maybe...…….???

i do believe they have picked them.  i can't remember who all the returning ones are but i'm pretty sure Nicole still will be. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Did someone post the pic of the GLs yet? Sorry, haven’t been on much this weekend. 

Pending any drama and if they don't retire, I can see both Lexie and Gina as 1st GL's next season.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Pending any drama and if they don't retire, I can see both Lexie and Gina as 1st GL's next season.

Yes for sure I think if any of the second leaders do come back we are looking at next years 1st gls 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

One more, from Gina's Insta:

1350191804_2019groupleaders2-AmyandMiranda(g1)MaddieandLexie(g2)HeatherandAlexis(g3)TessandGina(g4).thumb.jpg.f3a8dc3585c709011aa3d2425721af9c.jpg

Lol it looks like Maddie's giving us the finger because her index finger blends in with Lexie's hair. Did a double take

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DCCFan12 said:

I know this year will be a little shorter and sweeter than in the past. Oxnard is scheduled for 3rd week in July.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

36 is the preferred number...visually on the field, formations are right size and easy to set. I’m sure that there are budgetary constraints, but that is not my area of expertise. Along with the other departments, our department has quarterly goals, that we try and reach through appearances, shows and dance clinics. As with any job, things evolve and change. Perhaps one day, there could be a bigger squad. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Is that a nice way of saying fired? I hope your social media department does do something like that. 

Not at all. Her position was technically as an intern, as are several positions throughout DCFC.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

@ShellyB, has a decision been made who will replace Courtney on the These Boots are Made for Talkin' podcasts?  Will Shannon be remaining as co-host?

Not yet...it will probably be whoever moves into Courtney’s position. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

2 hours for me.  I would love to attend.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

They have been chosen...Lacey, Khalyn, Kelli, Tasha, Danielle, Stephanie, Nicole & Emma. #newsflash - Don’t read anything into the selections. There are specific reasons for this season of AS.  

Will those specific reasons ever be known?  Just curious.

I have margaritas and nachos for anyone still watching the floor show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'll take a margarita!! lol 

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Eventually...it’s all good. 🍹🍹

• Love 8
Just now, go4luca said:

merlot and brie with tiny fancy crackers over here

and I love that Danielle is still on AS - I always wondered how her friendship with Jasmine weathered.

Also love that Lacey and Tasha are still part of the "team" as well.  Lacey was a fave from her audition days when she kicked herself in the nose.  🙂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

They have been chosen...Lacey, Khalyn, Kelli, Tasha, Danielle, Stephanie, Nicole & Emma. #newsflash - Don’t read anything into the selections. There are specific reasons for this season of AS.  

I'm soooooooo happy to see Khalyn as an All-Star. I was sad she retired and thought we'd seen the last of her dancing. I'm thrilled she will still be around. Love the others too, and obviously Lacey is perfect for AS.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I guess Brennan got last pick and got Victoria. Haha I kid, I kid. 

Well, it does make me worry that Brennan chose her just because Kelli obviously loves VK. But yes I wasn’t expecting other girls to get 2 and VK end up with 1. 

What about JennK? Isn’t she working with the dcc anymore?

Someone posted about the triangle. Is this true? While I love Bridget & i wanted her up there, I can’t believe they did this. She won’t stay for more than 3 years if so. And I will have to be subjected to 2 years of Gina at point AND 5 years of VK on the team. What have I done to deserve this?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well, it does make me worry that Brennan chose her just because Kelli obviously loves VK. But yes I wasn’t expecting other girls to get 2 and VK end up with 1. 

Someone posted about the triangle. Is this true? While I love Bridget & i wanted her up there, I can’t believe they did this. She won’t stay for more than 3 years if so. And I will have to be subjected to 2 years of Gina at point AND 5 years of VK on the team. What have I done to deserve this?

What about the triangle?  Did I miss something?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Point has not been decided yet someone posted what they thought it would be with Gina, Maddie, and Bridget. I'm hoping for Maddie she deserves it. Also if you go back and look at last year's episodes in one episode Maddie is at point cause kashara was absent. So I'm thinking she will be point like they were grooming her for it last year. It's about time dcc has a brunette as point.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Corky28 said:

Point has not been decided yet someone posted what they thought it would be with Gina, Maddie, and Bridget. I'm hoping for Maddie she deserves it. Also if you go back and look at last year's episodes in one episode Maddie is at point cause kashara was absent. So I'm thinking she will be point like they were grooming her for it last year. It's about time dcc has a brunette as point.

I was one that didn't think Maddie had a shot for point.  Then I got my issue of the Star.  Some of her pics were sooooo good, I am seeing it differently.  Lexie and Heather, my two favs for point, also did a beautiful job.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Corky28 said:

Aah I see, I thought that was a statement!

JennK was a brunette, but she only stayed for 1 year while the one before and the one after her stayed for 2. I wouldn’t mind the change, but I don’t see Maddie at point. She wouldn’t even be in the triangle if the team hadn’t lost so many of their stars.

My 2 cents on point.  I have been watching past seasons, and I don’t ever see where point was not a GL.  IMO, the Group Leader role is training for point.  If they don’t have experience leading a small group, they would not have demonstrated the skills to lead the whole team.  

So, based on my logic, since Amy and Maddie are the only ones with GL experience, one of them will be point.  Of the two, I think Maddie is a more powerful performer.

Of course I have been wrong before.

• Love 3