Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think Kashara wanted to live a normal life again and see her bf more than she used to while being a DCC so she turned down all stars?

I wonder if DCC pays expenses (air fare etc.) for all stars when they have to fill in?

46 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

IMO i really feel Heather O will be point with Amy and Maddie completing Triangle.

I would think you’d want to take height into consideration when picking the front of the triangle, because if you have taller girls at point and one side, but a shorter girl on the other side would look lopsided.   So personally, Gina at point with Maddie and Bridget on either side seems balanced to me.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think Kashara wanted to live a normal life again and see her bf more than she used to while being a DCC so she turned down all stars?

I know that Kashara has been working with the DCC in other capacities this summer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I'm soooooooo happy to see Khalyn as an All-Star. I was sad she retired and thought we'd seen the last of her dancing. I'm thrilled she will still be around. Love the others too, and obviously Lacey is perfect for AS.

Surprised Kashara isn’t on the list 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I would think you’d want to take height into consideration when picking the front of the triangle, because if you have taller girls at point and one side, but a shorter girl on the other side would look lopsided.   So personally, Gina at point with Maddie and Bridget on either side seems balanced to me.  

I'm not sure how much they take that into consideration- wasn't Jenna in the triangle (not at point) with two girls who were much taller?

2 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

My 2 cents on point.  I have been watching past seasons, and I don’t ever see where point was not a GL.  IMO, the Group Leader role is training for point.  If they don’t have experience leading a small group, they would not have demonstrated the skills to lead the whole team.  

So, based on my logic, since Amy and Maddie are the only ones with GL experience, one of them will be point.  Of the two, I think Maddie is a more powerful performer.

Of course I have been wrong before.

Crystal Trevino was point while she was a 2nd leader.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

They have been chosen...Lacey, Khalyn, Kelli, Tasha, Danielle, Stephanie, Nicole & Emma. #newsflash - Don’t read anything into the selections. There are specific reasons for this season of AS.  

Go Emma!  I’m amazed at how long she has been an AS!  

• Love 20
(edited)
18 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Not a lot really. But, Big Sis/Lil Sis was very understated for a while. TCCs naturally gravitated towards a Vet that they could learn from. Boot Buddies brings back the mentoring concept, goes beyond the studio and allows for different connections to be made. If you could see the locker room since Boot Buddies started, you’d see all the notes of encouragement and treats that they exchange daily that last through the entire season. 

Brennan, I know you are too kind and mature for this, but if I could be an evil devil on your shoulder whispering in your ear -- leave plenty of milkshakes for VK -- it's important that she keep her fat calories calcium intake high during TCC. If you do it a lot now, you won't have to do it the entire season.  

Adding apologies to Shelly B for using her much appreciated insight to suit my own mean spirited purposes!

Edited by PattiD4DCC
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

Marshall's account is private so out of respect I won't post anything but his live indicates it's makeover day so keep an eye out in case someone else posts any pics!  He added extra spinach to his morning smoothie to get ready, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

it is kind of unexpected but then, Holly Arielle was VOTY, pro bowl, point and wasn't an all star either. 

I just hope it was her choice not to try to be an all-star; versus trying to be and getting passed over. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Marshall's account is private so out of respect I won't post anything but his live indicates it's makeover day so keep an eye out in case someone else posts any pics!  He added extra spinach to his morning smoothie to get ready, lol.

Gina is at the salon this morning getting her hair done !!:) you can see the camera crew in the background 

• Love 6

There's been talk that KaShara may have just wanted to be able to spend more time with her bf.  She said when she retired that 4 years was a good run/enough time.  There's also been talk that she may be moving home.  Going back to KY would make it impossible for her to be an AS.  Both of those are nothing but speculation, because having my own family from her tiny area in KY, I can't see what she'd be coming home to other than family.  

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think Gina is just getting her roots done. If she leaves the salon with the same bleacher hair, we will have to write a stongly worded letter signed by all of us, directed to Kelli AND Marshall. 

Marshall posted a pix with Victoria and it looks like she is just getting her roots done also.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1

To be honest, for those AS who fill in for Thunder, I can't imagine doing those jump splits beyond 4 years.  It's asking for an accident to happen.  Especially if you haven't done them in awhile.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

From where? I can still see it on her instagram story

Ah good.  For me it was no longer showing and it was her most recent story add.  Weird.

Color me paranoid, lol.  So little is being shared this season and it's making me nuts.  I miss all we used to see.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think Gina is just getting her roots done. If she leaves the salon with the same bleacher hair, we will have to write a stongly worded letter signed by all of us, directed to Kelli AND Marshall. 

Last Summer everyone was doing a silver-platinum," said Valles. "Now people are going more to a '90s blond with sandy roots. It can be a platinum, but not silver. Think of it as more of a high society blond."

Maybe it's the sandy roots I'm hoping for!  If not, as you say, we will have to have strong words "not ably" with Kelli, but the newly indoctrinated Marshall.

I'm a big Gina fan -- love her -- but not her hair. At first I thought it was a compliment how great she looks in this pic despite having foils in her hair, but on second thought I think I'm just happy her hair is partially covered!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Marshall posted a pix with Victoria and it looks like she is just getting her roots done also.

CUT ALL OF IT OFF MARSHALL. 

Seriously, someone get Tyra Banks in there to see the light. Girl relies on her hair too much and it’s annoying. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Domino9062 said:

Can someone remind me who were the all stars last year? I know there are new AS faces so trying to figure out who was an AS last year that isn’t now.  I know Jinelle for one.  Thanks! 

Amy T, Rachel L, Jessica M, Katy, Chantel, Danielle, Stephanie, Emma and Nicole, as well as Jinelle

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

CUT ALL OF IT OFF MARSHALL. 

Seriously, someone get Tyra Banks in there to see the light. Girl relies on her hair too much and it’s annoying. 

It's Kelli you have to convince.  She mandates each girl's look and hair.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

it is kind of unexpected but then, Holly Arielle was VOTY, pro bowl, point and wasn't an all star either. 

Still will never understand that one.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Was Nicole Hamilton? I don’t remember. Some people are done and ready to move on peacefully.

54 minutes ago, Kayce said:

There's been talk that KaShara may have just wanted to be able to spend more time with her bf.  She said when she retired that 4 years was a good run/enough time.  There's also been talk that she may be moving home.  Going back to KY would make it impossible for her to be an AS.  Both of those are nothing but speculation, because having my own family from her tiny area in KY, I can't see what she'd be coming home to other than family.  

Also her dad has been sick and she was talking about PT school which is NO JOKE. Been there done that. 

6 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Still will never understand that one.

We can’t discuss a huge reason she was personally done with DCC and didn’t want the sky box interaction etc as an All Star. Glad she’s happy and moved on. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Was Nicole Hamilton? I don’t remember. Some people are done and ready to move on peacefully.

Also her dad has been sick and she was talking about PT school which is NO JOKE. Been there done that. 

We can’t discuss a huge reason she was personally done with DCC and didn’t want the sky box interaction etc as an All Star. Glad she’s happy and moved on. 

Hm good point, not sure about Nicole! so true, some people are just ready to get on with their lives.  I know i would NEVERRRR want to be an all star.  

• Love 3
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Hm good point, not sure about Nicole! so true, some people are just ready to get on with their lives.  I know i would NEVERRRR want to be an all star.  

After all I've recently read and heard about the life of an AS, I definitely would not want it either.  Gurrrl, get yourself gone and on to much better things!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I want to say she was for a year.  There was a video at one time on YouTube where the All Stars performed on the plaza - I remember Nicole, Sarah G, and Misty D.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yes! Plus it felt like Kash was ready to hang up the boots (for real and not like most say when they make up a retirement post).. I feel like in the CMT interview she had on the show, as well as, her language in her posts on social media, I got the impression she was really ready to move on. So I honestly am not surprised! Happy for her. 🎉

• Love 2
On 6/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, Jess14 said:

Where did the "Christina thought she should've been the rookie of the year" rumor come from? I don't remember seeing it before, thought that doesn't mean it wasn't out there. Regardless, I always take these sorts of rumors with a grain of salt. Was she telling people this, and to such an extent that it made its way to the board? And if it made it all the way to the board, are we supposed to believe that it didn't make it to Kelli, who based on past behavior, would have probably flipped out about it? Given that the awards banquet is shortly before auditions, that would have been an easy cut for Kelli.

IDK, I don't really buy that. I do remember that when Jenn A. got pro bowl, Danielle and Jasmine had some posts up on social media that appeared to throw shade at the situation (I don't remember if it was ever established whether it was about the pro bowl or not), but I don't remember anything like that about Christina (again, not saying it didn't happen but I don't remember that rumor). 

Likely not. But on here, of course.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:08 PM, Opine said:

I know, right?  The boards were my way of keeping my interest alive.  Now I am bored and getting hooked on other shows!  They are really making a mistake by going on lock down.

They seemingly are always pretty hush, but we always have ways of finding out what's going on.

13 hours ago, ShellyB said:

They have been chosen...Lacey, Khalyn, Kelli, Tasha, Danielle, Stephanie, Nicole & Emma. #newsflash - Don’t read anything into the selections. There are specific reasons for this season of AS.  

Oh Shelly...you must be new here. LOL you know better; you know this forum loves jumping to conclusions.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

No it isn't...PT school is right up there with nursing school (I'm a nurse and it was brutal). Forget having a life 😛

• Love 3

ALL-STARS:

Now...don’t laugh at me, roll your eyes or respond to with capital letters, BUT...

What exactly does an AS do? The reason I ask this is that I see Amy T (as last years AS?)...I thought she retired because of her company...

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Not need for a makeover, she’s already the perfect dcc!

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Forgot Bess

Don’t we all?

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

After all I've recently read and heard about the life of an AS, I definitely would not want it either.  Gurrrl, get yourself gone and on to much better things!

Why, what have you read? I would assume it has some of the (little) benefits being a dcc has, but you don’t need to devote that much time for rehearsals etc? I understand that a girl struggling with weight wouldn’t be able to maintain it as an AS though.

• LOL 3
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why, what have you read? I would assume it has some of the (little) benefits being a dcc has, but you don’t need to devote that much time for rehearsals etc? I understand that a girl struggling with weight wouldn’t be able to maintain it as an AS though.

From what I've heard, it's not as prestigious as it sounds.  I also wouldn't like being in the sky boxes with drunk lecherous men.  Plus the risk of tearing a hamstring if called in for Thunder to do the jump split if you haven't done it in awhile.  Add on having to maintain your uniform weight for what seems to me little return.  Just doesn't sound as appealing to me.  I'd rather get on to the next adventure but that's just me I guess. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Technically group leaders are a spoiler for the season lol

I wonder if there have been any switches made to the groups cause of the girls being cut?  And I would like to know why Amy with Miranda, Maddie with Lexie and so on.  Amy and Miranda seem to both have that sweet nurturing personality, so maybe they match the personalities with each other.  But then I consider Gina a better dancer and Tess a better leader, so maybe they will help each other out.

2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh Shelly...you must be new here. LOL you know better; you know this forum loves jumping to conclusions.

No kidding:)  But I would like to know the reasons for the selection this year.  I wonder if they will feature them on the show or something - bring them in to watch and critique.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Group leaders are season spoilers. 

I know they do the blonde/brunette thing---which is stupid Kelli---but I think the matches are fairly well paired...or, seem to be anyway. 

I don’t think they purposefully go oh wait, Becky can’t be group leader with Susie Q bc they’re both blondes! Also Karen is totally unqualified, but she’s blond and we need a blond to go with a brunette!

4 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I don’t think they purposefully go oh wait, Becky can’t be group leader with Susie Q bc they’re both blondes! Also Karen is totally unqualified, but she’s blond and we need a blond to go with a brunette!

I actually think that is exactly what Kelli does. It's her pattern. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3