Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Kristi Cowboy Sideline for point!  Loving all the clips!

Yowza - on Gina's dancing. Sigh - on her hair.  I just hope Gina herself is happy with her hair 'cause a lot of people will be looking at it when she is point.  I don't find her distracting at all -- I find her riveting.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Gina is amazing, but after watching that video I wouldn't be too mad if Heather got point. I don't know if she's in the running though. I'm betting they already chose point and they just aren't telling us

As much as I would love to see Maddie get point....I won't be disappointed if Heather gets it.  She would be amazing. My triangle wish would be Maddie at point flanked by Heather and Amy.

• Love 6

Interesting reading everyone's opinions! I really liked Lily and think she looks like a vet.  Victoria was great in the clip too and she still seems to be keeping weight in check.  

Gina is a rockstar.  I still think she should at least get to practice at point and see if she helps elevate the others to meet her performance.  

Agreed on Caroline - WOW.  Love her. her kicks are sooo pretty. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Interesting reading everyone's opinions! I really liked Lily and think she looks like a vet.  Victoria was great in the clip too and she still seems to be keeping weight in check.  

Gina is a rockstar.  I still think she should at least get to practice at point and see if she helps elevate the others to meet her performance.  

I think Lily looks great and Caroline looks awesome.  I'm Team Victoria and have been since before she auditioned last season.  Gina...everyone knows my opinion on her so I won't subject people to it again...for now 😉 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'll be happy with whoever they choose for Show Group as long as Victoria and Christina AREN'T chosen.  However, going by previous years, they'll likely announce Show Group tomorrow.

I hope VK makes it 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I hope VK makes it 🤷🏾‍♀️

I think you'll get your wish, I admit she does look great in what I've seen posted.

• Love 4
(edited)

I actually think Gina appears to be holding back a little in that Thunderstruck video. I feel like I’ve seen her dance bigger than that. With that said, she’s still outdancing everyone else - with ease.

Gina for point!

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 13
47 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I hope she does well also and earns her boots!

Same...but as I've said 🙂 I have been Team Victoria since last season.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I agree re: Gina. As usual, I found her distracting. 

Me, too!  Not a dancer, but I thought Heather looked better than Gina because Heather seemed on beat and Gina seemed all over the place.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

New pic?

Edited by Opine
4 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Can someone with the Star Mag post someone pictures pretty please!! 

I am in the middle of moving from house to house, so I don't even know where mine is.  If no one has posted any by the time I settle in a bit, I will.  But I will say, it was def worth the $4.95!!!!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I actually think Gina appears to be holding back a little in that Thunderstruck video. I feel like I’ve seen her dance bigger than that. With that said, she’s still outdancing everyone else - with ease.

Gina for point!

I think it’s just that the choreo for TS is stale and boring at this point.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RockYou said:

Victoria looks amazing in this TS kick combo! She loves to dance and it shows in her entire body moves. She’s unabashed , uninhibited and I LOVE that she’s not fallen prey and lost her love of dance due to hateful critique. 

It appears to me like she is leaning forward a little when she kicks. He front leg on the jump split is very low. 

Looks like Brennan and Alanna were the DCC reps at the opening of the new Cowboys Fit facility. I was a little worried about Brennan's chances this go-around, but making it past finals and clearly being a good ambassador has her chances looking fantastic! I'm happy for her and it seems like she's settled really nicely into her role in the squad. If she stays one more season after this I wouldn't be surprised to see her as a 2nd leader.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Lily looks great too!  And agree about Caroline. 

i still hope Maddie gets point but alternating with Gina would be fine.  

VK...I don’t know. Jury is still out with my opinion.  Legs look better and hair looks flat ironed but still in face.  Stomach?  My worry is her assuming and letting everyone know that she is Kelli’s whatever, and if VK would make the team & VK doesn’t like a situation she finds herself in...how would she handle it?

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:
Victoria actually looks pretty good aside from the messy hair and end pose , her chin is like all the way up. Reminds me of that awkward girl from the movie “superstar “ lmao 

Her back is way too arched (lending to her head being back/chin all the way up). In this pose (might just be the extreme arched pose, though) she also looks like she may still be trying to suck it in to high heaven. I realize she's probably super self-conscious after last year's weight gain, but always over sucking it in is the not the way to go either -- it just looks awkward and uncomfortable -- and like you have something to hide (which it did not look like she did the rest of the dance).

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kayce said:

See...and to me it looks like Gina is finishing before anyone else.  Lily actually looks better than the other rookies...but everyone sees things differently.  

She was... for a few counts she was completey out of sync with Heather and I think Heather was hitting the counts correctly. It’s not super noticeable on the field, but I’ve caught the same thing in every single clip of her I’ve seen.

Tess is scary thin. I think it’s even more obvious with her because she’s so tall.

• Love 7

Re: Point

I know it won't happen but I wish we could see a dance off between their highest contenders being considered.  2nd years included b/c some of those girls are very strong dancers.

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

VK...I don’t know. Jury is still out with my opinion.  Legs look better and hair looks flat ironed but still in face.  Stomach?  My worry is her assuming and letting everyone know that she is Kelli’s whatever, and if VK would make the team & VK doesn’t like a situation she finds herself in...how would she handle it?

That's where I'm at.  Just because she looks better or improves her dancing doesn't mean she's going to be a better person or a better teammate.

• Love 8

Just my opinion..each year should be a fresh slate for the girls (those re-auditioning as well as the “unpopular” veterans). I realize we only get to see tiny snippets that CMT decides to show us. CMT is producing a reality TV show...but Kelli and Judy are putting together THE best team of ladies that will represent the Dallas Cowboys with world class all year long. During this process, they know these girls inside and out. (We don’t).  If there were issues with bad attitude or toxic locker room vibe, I’m sure they’ll be gone. 

Being cut is a humbling experience, and after another year of hard work and sacrifices, it takes a lot of dedication and courage to step back into the firing squad.  I just want to give them all a chance with an open mind, and trust Kelli & Judy.  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Her back is way too arched (lending to her head being back/chin all the way up). In this pose (might just be the extreme arched pose, though) she also looks like she may still be trying to suck it in to high heaven. I realize she's probably super self-conscious after last year's weight gain, but always over sucking it in is the not the way to go either -- it just looks awkward and uncomfortable -- and like you have something to hide (which it did not look like she did the rest of the dance).

Yes!  Her back is arched. I knew her kicks were looking very awkward and not fluid. Her front leg is too low on the jump split. 

I seriously don't care if a second year makes point.  Whoever has the right sparkle and is a strong enough dancer to carry that position, I'd love to see them given the chance.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Gina for point!

I think Gina is an amazing dancer, but you cannot have a point who is distracting compared to the other girls. Otherwise it’s gonna look like all the rest of them can’t dance at all. She still dancing like she’s on her own, And she’s got a whole team with her. I think that’s her only downfall other than the hair.

• Love 8
Just now, aimeelou625 said:

I think Gina is an amazing dancer, but you cannot have a point who is distracting compared to the other girls. Otherwise it’s gonna look like all the rest of them can’t dance at all. She still dancing like she’s on her own, And she’s got a whole team with her. I think that’s her only downfall other than the hair.

The flip side is Gina would bring the other dancers up so they don't look blah.  Make them work harder which is what I'd love to see.

• Love 20
Just now, go4luca said:

The flip side is Gina would bring the other dancers up so they don't look blah.  Make them work harder which is what I'd love to see.

If Daphne is any indication...there are some Vets who need to seriously up their game. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If Daphne is any indication...there are some Vets who need to seriously up their game. 

THIS!!!  If it were me, from what I have seen of her recently, I would take a rookie candidate over Daphne. I'd cut her from this year's team altogether, like they did Tara when she lost her sparkle.  It will be interesting if Daphne was chosen for this year's show group.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

THIS!!!  If it were me, from what I have seen of her recently, I would take a rookie candidate over Daphne. I'd cut her from this year's team altogether, like they did Tara when she lost her sparkle.  It will be interesting if Daphne was chosen for this year's show group.

Is Daphne eating properly?  Did she ever gain some weight back after calendar shoot?

12 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

I don’t see her as distracting and never have.

I think I see different videos than people sometime. Im just not seeing how she’s dancing like she’s on her own.  In my opinion, she’s simply outdancing the rest, and if the others can’t step it up, then the DCCs should stop calling themselves the best. I actually would find it rather embarrassing for the DCCs if they couldn’t put their best dancer in the top spot of the formation because the other upper vets are such boring dancers. Throw Bridget and Jalyn up there in the triangle Gina. Something tells me that they would find a way to not get outdanced. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think I see different videos than people sometime. Im just not seeing how she’s dancing like she’s on her own.  In my opinion, she’s simply outdancing the rest, and if the others can’t step it up, then the DCCs should stop calling themselves the best. I actually would find it rather embarrassing for the DCCs if they couldn’t put their best dancer in the top spot of the formation because the other upper vets are such boring dancers. Throw Bridget and Jalyn up there in the triangle Gina. Something tells me that they would find a way to not get outdanced. 

This. Maybe it’s time to put some  veterans in the back and make the triangle and the more advantageous positions solely about dance and not rank. A triangle of Jaylyn, Hannah and Gina would be bad ass. Throw in Caroline and Bridget too.

love heather to death but she looked blah at point. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

That sounds like a great triangle, I'd maybe add Hannah in the mix too. They should mix it up and should be placed in the diagram in order of talent/power. If you're an average third year being out-danced by rookies, shove them near the back or cut them. 

As a dancer, you should always want to improve. More power, higher kicks, more flexible. The problem is they currently have too many mediocre, blender dancers currently compared to the days when strong dancers, like Mackenzie, didn't get on show group. Now it seems to be who can make up the numbers. They might be pretty but they just don't pop as much. Not exactly world class.

• Love 3

@Loves2Dance and @Jess14

Ok, good points both of you.  I still Have a bad taste in my mouth from the first season where she thought she was dancing like the vets and trying to teach her other training camp candidates. And was doing it wrong.  Maybe I should let that go...  If Gina were to get point they’d have to have at least a brunette and a redhead or two brunettes on either side of her. Just thinking of the bouquet, lol

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Is Daphne eating properly?  Did she ever gain some weight back after calendar shoot?

Her pics in the Star mag look awesome!  That I need a hamburger look from those unfortunate facebook posts isn't showing.

3 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

@Loves2Dance and @Jess14

Ok, good points both of you.  I still Have a bad taste in my mouth from the first season where she thought she was dancing like the vets and trying to teach her other training camp candidates. And was doing it wrong.  Maybe I should let that go...  If Gina were to get point they’d have to have at least a brunette and a redhead or two brunettes on either side of her. Just thinking of the bouquet, lol

I understand. I criticized her at the time for that “I have training the other girls don’t have” comment. It was an arrogant comment, but it was years ago, so I’m past it. And honestly, even if Gina was or still is an arrogant, mean girl, if she’s the best dancer, she’s the best dancer. Truth is truth. I think the point girl should be the best dancer, not the most mature girl on the team, or the most likeable, or the best leader. Group leaders, vet of the year, and gameday girls can be used to recognize the cheerleaders who meet that criteria.

• Love 5
Just now, Opine said:

Her pics in the Star mag look awesome!  That I need a hamburger look from those unfortunate facebook posts isn't showing.

Good!  Some girls get thin for swimsuit and then try to maintain that once they get into TC, and they need so many more calories for all those hours of dancing.  

If anyone ever watched So Sharp, the reality show about the Louisville Ladybirds, they made a big stink about point for every routine. The ones that got it would gloat, the others would pout like infants. Most of the time they gave the jazz routines to the white girl and the hip hop routines to the black girl (eye roll). Anyway, these girls despite being great dancers were all the meanest mean girls who ever meaned so clearly that was not a factor. Then after the season the coach was fired for embezzlement so there's that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Newmanbritt said:

Anyone know who else was the "point" of their small groups?

Group leaders are points for small groups...so Amy, Maddie, Heather and Tess.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

If anyone ever watched So Sharp, the reality show about the Louisville Ladybirds, they made a big stink about point for every routine. The ones that got it would gloat, the others would pout like infants. Most of the time they gave the jazz routines to the white girl and the hip hop routines to the black girl (eye roll). Anyway, these girls despite being great dancers were all the meanest mean girls who ever meaned so clearly that was not a factor. Then after the season the coach was fired for embezzlement so there's that.

Well there goes my entire evening bingeing on this show....

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Group leaders are points for small groups...so Amy, Maddie, Heather and Tess.

Gotcha. I guess I thought there might be more small groups since the ones we saw only had 6 girls each and there are I think 41 still in camp?