Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

Wasn't it in Season 8 when the girl wore shorts to her makeover and she was used for a fashion don't in the what to or what not to wear segment?  You would think Tina would know these things.

I think that was Kaitlyn, the one who spray tanned the night before cameos.  

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I think that was Kaitlyn, the one who spray tanned the night before cameos.  

Somebody one year wore shorts/tshirt/ no makeup and a ponytail to makeovers and got called out on it.  Don't for the life of me recall who though (wanna say it WAS someone that wound up making the squad).

Edited by DCCFanInKy
horrible punctuation
Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Somebody one year wore shorts/tshirt no makeup and a ponytail to makeovers and got called out on it.  Don't for the life of me recall who though (wanna say it WAS someone that wound up making the squad)

That was in Season 2, and she was cut right after that.  Maybe her name was Brittany.  She tried out in Season 3 but did not make it back.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Kelli looks awesome in that dress. She's got the legs for it.

I want Marshall's boots. I swear I see spikes on them. 😎

Edited by dbell1
My kindle should know how to spell Kelli after all these seasons!
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

That was in Season 2, and she was cut right after that.  Maybe her name was Brittany.  She tried out in Season 3 but did not make it back.

Yes Brittany! Last name started with a "D" if I recall correctly.  Thanks for jogging my memory.

20 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

That is correct, Brittany Dalessandro. But not of the cheesesteak Dalessandros. 

Ha just saw this after I replied to the other post.  Thanks

Wasn't she cut BECAUSE of the no makeup/sloppy hair incident?🙂

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Changed some wording
On 6/23/2019 at 2:17 PM, Cowboysfan16 said:

Who were the most recent TCU Showgirls to make the team?! Not going to lie, I was sad for Lindsay last year & I’m sad for Lauren this year. 

Kelsey Bond and Jordan Daigle, made it the same year. Kelsey is a year older than Jordan and they were roommates for a year at TCU. Before that Emma Dutton. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Wasn't she cut BECAUSE of the no makeup/sloppy hair incident?🙂

She was cut a couple nights after showing up like that to uniform fittings but I think it was one of several reasons she got cut.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Kelsey Bond and Jordan Daigle, made it the same year. Kelsey is a year older than Jordan and they were roommates for a year at TCU. Before that Emma Dutton. 

Well hold on. All three of them danced together on the 2009 TCU Showgirls Fiesta Bowl team. Just Emma left the team that year to pursue the DCC while still in college. Kelsey and Jordan finished school and tried out after they graduated. Kelsey was cut at semis her 1st try for messing up the dance. I still would say all three were in the same time frame. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I know Kelli and Judy think Alexis is pretty but I know nothing about her personality or dance skills. She doesn’t pop to me and I barely remember her from the podcasts last season. I love Heather but I think their group seems the least exciting. 

Amy + Miranda: big sweet personalities and a dance coach

Maddie + Lexie: good dancer and vibrant personality 

Tess + Gina: mature leader mixed with strong dancer 

Heather and Alexis: oatmeal. 

Edited by Stee
3 minutes ago, Stee said:

I know Kelli and Judy think Alexis is pretty but I know nothing about her personality or dance skills. She doesn’t pop to me and I barely remember her from the podcasts last season. I love Heather but I think their group seems the least exciting. 

Omg keyboard for the last one 🤣🤣 ROLLING

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Tootie said:

So, apparently, the grouping in this video means SQUAT!!  Amy just listed out her group and Cici and Amanda are in group 1.

They practice according to formation not groups in the studio, unless they've got groups up specifically.  Girls need to get used to who they'll be near on the field.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

All that said I think sometimes we go way overboard OCD with details and with hearing something one time and setting it in stone. 

21 minutes ago, Tootie said:

So, apparently, the grouping in this video means SQUAT!!  

😂

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

What pictures?

Someone hacked her phone and released a bunch of nudes she had been sending to her boyfriend.  Was a huge scandal at the time.  Also happened to Tobie Percival.  

1 hour ago, Stee said:

I truly believe if Lauren hadn't quit, it would be Heather and Lauren. 

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Group One!

2019-06-24 (67).png

I'm gonna sound like a Petty Betty, but it's 'were' Amy...'were'...

5 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Someone hacked her phone and released a bunch of nudes she had been sending to her boyfriend.  Was a huge scandal at the time.  Also happened to Tobie Percival.  

That is poopy! No one deserves that! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I truly believe if Lauren hadn't quit, it would be Heather and Lauren. 

I completely agree!  I know Lauren did the best thing for her but I was looking forward to seeing her step up!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

@ShellyB, in case you stop back by...

Do you think this year we might see more interaction of the GL's rehearsing their groups?  Or is there not enough time in the scheduled segments?  I would love to see how the groups gel and come together.

The filming, so far, has included some group work. With that being said, it may end up on the editing room floor. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Will someone have an intervention with her please? Her eyelashes are HUGE. I like her dancing, she’s really cute and with a great background. The only thing standing in the way is this.

Agree!  They make her eyes look droopy/sleepy.   They are not needed!!  Former DCC Ashton Little is another one that needs a serious intervention. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

Question @ShellyB do most of the candidates already know thunderstruck before training camp? Do they learn this at prep classes or do most learn at training camp. Also, who choreographed thunderstruck?

I suppose they could learn it from social media, although it would be completely opposite. We only teach original choreo at prep class, with the exception of the audition kickline. Thunder is taught during TC. Thunder is a compilation of a couple different dances. 

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Can they put it on CMT.com as a bonus scene?

It’s possible! 

• Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Still will never understand that one.

She got pregnant in late ‘16 - early ‘17 (but she miscarried early on). My line of thinking is that she chose not to do AS bc she wanted to start a family.  

Edited by LincolnCentMe
Used wrong phrase
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, LincolnCentMe said:

She got pregnant in late ‘16 - early ‘17 (but she miscarried early on). My line of thinking is that she chose not to do SG bc she wanted to start a family.  

I believe they were talking about being an All Star, not SG.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

The All Stars are in Studio City - Day 1 @go4luca  How far is that from you?

Depending on traffic Studio City is closer.  But isn't it normally the SG girls who go to Oxnard?  I'd rather see that group of the two.  Especially since Kash isn't an AS.

But thanks for letting me know!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:
17 minutes ago, LincolnCentMe said:

She got pregnant in late ‘16 - early ‘17 (but she miscarried early on). My line of thinking is that she chose not to do SG bc she wanted to start a family.  

I believe they were talking about being an All Star, not SG.

They were and that's not the reason.  

6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Depending on traffic Studio City is closer.  But isn't it normally the SG girls who go to Oxnard?  I'd rather see that group of the two.  Especially since Kash isn't an AS.

But thanks for letting me know!

SG are in training so generally it's the All Stars make the trip.

33 minutes ago, Squeek said:

SG are in training so generally it's the All Stars make the trip.

That’s odd.  I remember seeing Lauren, Maddie, Lexie, Kash, Lacey, etc., in photos from Oxnard last year.  They even did some kind of dance video with the Oxnard police.  

@ShellyB, can you please confirm which group will be performing this year at Oxnard?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

That’s odd.  I remember seeing Lauren, Maddie, Lexie, Kash, Lacey, etc., in photos from Oxnard last year.  They even did some kind of dance video with the Oxnard police.  

@ShellyB, can you please confirm which group will be performing this year at Oxnard?

Oxnard yes, someone said (I thought) they're in Studio City.  Oxnard is nearing the end of camp (3rd week in July) and the SG do go to it.  Maybe I misread.  My apologies.  

2 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Oxnard yes, someone said (I thought) they're in Studio City.  Oxnard is nearing the end of camp (3rd week in July) and the SG do go to it.  Maybe I misread.  My apologies.  

scorpio mentioned the AS performing in Studio City.  I replied I’d rather see the SG cheerleaders (Oxnard) especially since Kash is not an AS.

Hopefully this makes it clearer!

Found that silly Oxnard police lip sync video SG did with them last year.  Fast forward to the 2:37 mark to see the girls.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

scorpio mentioned the AS performing in Studio City.  I replied I’d rather see the SG cheerleaders (Oxnard) especially since Kash is not an AS.

The AS were in warm ups entering a film or tv studio.  It’s on Stephanie’s IG story.

6 hours ago, Tootie said:

Group One!

2019-06-24 (67).png

VK has far too much eye make-up on here. Getting some Alice Cooper vibes. To say this is group 1, it’s not the strongest group. I don’t know anything about the rookies but Madeline, Savannah, Miranda, Daphne and Amy are not powerhouse dancers. Cianna is the standout for me! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Squeek said:

She was cut a couple nights after showing up like that to uniform fittings but I think it was one of several reasons she got cut.

She was also late to uniform fitting.

• Love 1

I recall Show Group being at Oxnard more than once on the show. When Ashley Nicole blew out her knee and Kinzie practically got heat stroke, for instance, and I remember discussions and photos here of another year with Jenna at point pre-season (before she lost point in TC). 

I seem to recall lots of complaints last year that training camp social media and news was on lockdown, too, with people saying they were losing interest in the show and not watching. Now, yes, this is different and less fun than those summers when we had insiders spilling tea (hello, Megan-Kyndall tense moment), but I feel like this is on par with last summer. Of course, I would like more spoilers, too!

I'm really hoping we see individual group work and more of what the leaders (including 2nds!) do with their groups and in rehearsals without Kelli and Judy present during training camp. What kinds of feedback do they give the rookies and their vets? Some of my favorite scenes are vets working with rookies, so I guess overall, I just want to see more of that. For example, I thought Sydney was especially fun to watch at that rookie rehearsal the day after their first night of training camp, because they showed her making real corrections about the dancing and performance styles. Or Ashton working with Taylor one-on-one. Or Lauren working with Simone and I forget who else. The more recent scenes they show with Melissa Rycroft and a vet filming rookies are OK (they're waaaay better than those filmed rookie chats over coffee), but I prefer to see more of current vets working with rookies and each other. Please, CMT? And give those 2nd leaders some spotlight! I watched this show for several years before I even knew they have 2nd leaders on the squad, because they never were mentioned or shown. 

And one more thing I really want to see on the show: more about the process of vets and rookies receiving their individual notes that Kelli dictates about rehearsal/game performances. I want to know what kinds of positive things they say and what kinds of (constructive?) criticism they offer the ladies in that format. They don't have to show how mean they can be--not a good look for TPTB and probably embarrassing for the candidates--but they could pick a strong vet or rookie to show some part of the notes/reports process. One thing that is annoying on the show, which everyone has pointed out, is that so much focus is on the struggling rookies that we get to know little about the stronger ones who make the team. Showing this (and individual group rehearsals), we might get more glimpses of what kinds of corrections/feedback the strong ones get and it would show that even the stellar ones have to bust ass and work on things. We got glimpses of this last year, with Judy correcting Amber's "floppy" foot in kickline (I think she's an amazing dancer who just hasn't been shown much at all) and Bridget "stomping" their first night in the triangle formation on the practice field. I want to see how hard everyone works to be great on the team, not just the strugglers. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I recall Show Group being at Oxnard more than once on the show. When Ashley Nicole blew out her knee and Kinzie practically got heat stroke, for instance, and I remember discussions and photos here of another year with Jenna at point pre-season (before she lost point in TC). 

I seem to recall lots of complaints last year that training camp social media and news was on lockdown, too, with people saying they were losing interest in the show and not watching. Now, yes, this is different and less fun than those summers when we had insiders spilling tea (hello, Megan-Kyndall tense moment), but I feel like this is on par with last summer. Of course, I would like more spoilers, too!

I'm really hoping we see individual group work and more of what the leaders (including 2nds!) do with their groups and in rehearsals without Kelli and Judy present during training camp. What kinds of feedback do they give the rookies and their vets? Some of my favorite scenes are vets working with rookies, so I guess overall, I just want to see more of that. For example, I thought Sydney was especially fun to watch at that rookie rehearsal the day after their first night of training camp, because they showed her making real corrections about the dancing and performance styles. Or Ashton working with Taylor one-on-one. Or Lauren working with Simone and I forget who else. The more recent scenes they show with Melissa Rycroft and a vet filming rookies are OK (they're waaaay better than those filmed rookie chats over coffee), but I prefer to see more of current vets working with rookies and each other. Please, CMT? And give those 2nd leaders some spotlight! I watched this show for several years before I even knew they have 2nd leaders on the squad, because they never were mentioned or shown. 

And one more thing I really want to see on the show: more about the process of vets and rookies receiving their individual notes that Kelli dictates about rehearsal/game performances. I want to know what kinds of positive things they say and what kinds of (constructive?) criticism they offer the ladies in that format. They don't have to show how mean they can be--not a good look for TPTB and probably embarrassing for the candidates--but they could pick a strong vet or rookie to show some part of the notes/reports process. One thing that is annoying on the show, which everyone has pointed out, is that so much focus is on the struggling rookies that we get to know little about the stronger ones who make the team. Showing this (and individual group rehearsals), we might get more glimpses of what kinds of corrections/feedback the strong ones get and it would show that even the stellar ones have to bust ass and work on things. We got glimpses of this last year, with Judy correcting Amber's "floppy" foot in kickline (I think she's an amazing dancer who just hasn't been shown much at all) and Bridget "stomping" their first night in the triangle formation on the practice field. I want to see how hard everyone works to be great on the team, not just the strugglers. 

What happened with Megan (which Megan?) and Kyndall? I wasn't around then

1 hour ago, M1977G said:

I'd love to see more of the vets training the rookies, too!  Those stick with me because they are always so memorable!  I will never forget Brittany Schram "shutting the door" with her hips and Erika getting a boy to follow her by walking on her toes and swinging those hips!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Opine said:

I will never forget Brittany Schram "shutting the door" with her hips

LOL maybe it's because I was never a fan of hers, but I thought that advice was so stupid.  I don't think anybody on the planet shuts a car door like that 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Opine said:

I'd love to see more of the vets training the rookies, too!  Those stick with me because they are always so memorable!  I will never forget Brittany Schram "shutting the door" with her hips and Erika getting a boy to follow her by walking on her toes and swinging those hips!

So true!  There are random moments when "shut the car door, shut the car door" will just flash through my brain.  I can only imagine tips like this are truly useful for the rookies. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL maybe it's because I was never a fan of hers, but I thought that advice was so stupid.  I don't think anybody on the planet shuts a car door like that 🙂

I loved it.  When you have groceries or a child and groceries.  I have shut the car door like that many times.  I’m not DCC pretty when I do it, but still.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

How abt show group auditions towmrow who do y’all think will make sg this year 

Amy, Maddie, Heather, Tess, Lexie, Gina, Alexis, Bridget, Hannah, Jalyn, Amber, Daphne, Ashlee, Caroline, Julia, Kat

• Love 4