Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

It was bad on Cianna’s part and she could have injured the girl next to her. 

I have heard on the show K&J saying a girl can be injured when the person next to them on the kickline/jump split makes a mistake.  Non-dancer here, how does the injury happen in these cases?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It's all good.  The video quality is awful.

Not a fan of Taylor or Hannah in this one , their kicks look low and Hannah needs one size bigger in shorts , Taylor’s head at the end looks too slanted ... 😂

Edited by LaurenlovesTV
  • Love 4
Just now, LaurenlovesTV said:

Not a fan of Taylor or Hannah in this one , their kicks look low and Hannah needs one size bigger in shorts 

For me, in this group, Hannah is the one my eyes were drawn to. 

• Love 22
(edited)

I'll be happy with whoever they choose for Show Group as long as Victoria and Christina AREN'T chosen.  However, going by previous years, they'll likely announce Show Group tomorrow.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

I have heard on the show K&J saying a girl can be injured when the person next to them on the kickline/jump split makes a mistake.  Non-dancer here, how does the injury happen in these cases?

The girls all need to go into the jump split at the same time and with pretty much the same skill level - if you jump too early, you pull the arm and shoulder down of the person next to you.  If you jump too late, the gal next you has already started to pull on you.  If you don't all leap at the same time and with confidence, you're pulling or getting pulled.  Not to mention, that you can hurt your knee or hamstring.  

• Love 1
Just now, go4luca said:

On this we can agree.  What is going on?! 

Her look is so HARSH. She is NOT selling All American Sweetheart sex appeal.  It’s all part of the gig. Sell it. It sells. She’s that one stripper like girl.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RockYou said:
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Her look is so HARSH. She is NOT selling All American Sweetheart sex appeal.  It’s all part of the gig. Sell it. It sells. She’s that one stripper like girl.

I love Hannah's look.  Sultry and different.  She worked the looks to the end.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, RockYou said:
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Yea she doesn’t make it on my favorite list, she’s too emo harsh looking for me. She is talented but not for America’s sweethearts 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

okay, Amanda’s (second to last on the right ) hand is cringey , she isn’t placing it correctly during kickline, and she falls out of her fan kick, Daphne’s kicks are low for a vet.

Victoria actually looks pretty good aside from the messy hair and end pose , her chin is like all the way up. Reminds me of that awkward girl from the movie “superstar “ lmao 

Caroline is FLAWLESS

Honestly and I am not the biggest Victoria fan, I do like her SOMETIMES when she dances, her lyrical stuff can be interesting,  but that doesn't make up for what she's reported to have done last year...but I have to say that her, Caroline and Amy were noticibly WAY better than the other three. Like my eyes went to them, Caroline first, Victoria second and Amy third...the other three looked like they were marking it...no pop at all. Especially surprising from Daphne as she's on show group....

• Love 5
(edited)

I can't give Victoria points for being good at the Thunderstruck kickline---not because she's Vikkie, but because she was taught that kickline last summer and has known it for well over a year now. Frankly, she SHOULD be amazing at it. 

ETA: Before anyone wonders, I would say the same thing about Lily too. They should be at Vet status when it comes to Thunderstruck and the kickline. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Honestly and I am not the biggest Victoria fan, I do like her SOMETIMES when she dances, her lyrical stuff can be interesting,  but that doesn't make up for what she's reported to have done last year...but I have to say that her, Caroline and Amy were noticibly WAY better than the other three. Like my eyes went to them, Caroline first, Victoria second and Amy third...the other three looked like they were marking it...no pop at all. Especially surprising from Daphne as she's on show group....

Either Daphne is injured, having an off day or resting on her laurels because she was very sloppy with a lot of timing issues for the lyrical routine too. Especially standing next to two rookies who were clearly outdancing her. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Kristi's videos:

Gina is awesome, I think honestly her and Maddie should alternate point for the next two years because they both are the strongest senior dancers. That way everyone is happy...mostly. 

Heather is great, Alexis is good. I didnt' even notice Lily or my eyes didnt' go to her once so that's not good. I'm shocked at Meredith. She has a ton of dance training and I found her the weakest in that group. I thought she was Alexandra for a second because I didn't think that someone with that amount of dance training would be being out-danced by Heather and even Alexis. Gina, obviosuly but Alexis? And she is behind. She's not performing it at all...I expected so much more out of her 

The second video I think all of them are pretty good but my eye goes to Hannah she has more 'pop' than the others, and then Tess. 

1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

Either Daphne is injured, having an off day or resting on her laurels because she was very sloppy with a lot of timing issues for the lyrical routine too. Especially standing next to two rookies who were clearly outdancing her. 

...she was in the lyrical routine? I didn't even notice her.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Gina is awesome, I think honestly her and Maddie should alternate point for the next two years because they both are the strongest senior dancers. That way everyone is happy...mostly. 

Heather is great, Alexis is good. I didnt' even notice Lily or my eyes didnt' go to her once so that's not good. I'm shocked at Meredith. She has a ton of dance training and I found her the weakest in that group. I thought she was Alexandra for a second because I didn't think that someone with that amount of dance training would be being out-danced by Heather and even Alexis. Gina, obviosuly but Alexis? And she is behind. She's not performing it at all...I expected so much more out of her 

The second video I think all of them are pretty good but my eye goes to Hannah she has more 'pop' than the others, and then Tess. 

...she was in the lyrical routine? I didn't even notice her.

I had to make it big on my screen, but it goes Caroline, Amy, Kelsey, Daphne, Amanda. I thought Daphne might be Rachel W until I made it full screen and it's clearly Daphne. 

• Useful 1

Actually I just re-watched on my phone and I take it back Amanda? center blonde between Meredith and Daphne? Is also really good it's just she was sandwiched in between two people who were meh and I didn't notice her until I actually concentrated on watching her. It's unfortunate because two of those girls really don't have that pop, and one is a vet...and I dont' want anyone to think I am dumping on Daphne, I really liked her last year I'm just confused and disappointed because seeing it on my phone which makes everything clearer I dont' know what happened. Maybe it is an off day? The lyrical is even worse on my phone because you can see she's missing entire movements and WAY early or WAY late...like they had choreography where there heads were either supposed to roll up or were supposed to on beat raise their heads in time with the music {explaining choreography via text is weird}...and she completely missed that part. the grande battement on their knees she was super off...but they also know her for over a year and if this isnt' like her they might give her a pass. They shouldn't as auditions are supposed to be what you do that day but it never works that way. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Found this on the DCC facebook group. This is what the Lyrical choreo is supposed to look like. Comparing the DCC girls to this, Meredith and Amy are the closest in that video. 

Actually, this is more contemporary than lyrical.  Contemporary is Travis Wall’s forte and how he is billed for Nuvo dance conventions.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

I’d be surprised if daphne made it back this year for show group, unless she’s injured. 

I was wondering if she’s nursing an injury because she is normally much better.  I hope it’s temporary & doesn’t cause her to lose her SG spot.

• Love 2
Just now, LaurenlovesTV said:

Why do they even do this style of dance ? They don’t really perform these pieces do they? I guess it makes them “world class”

To show their range.  In the days of their USO tours, they performed all types of choreography.  My guess is they want the strongest all around dancers & to get that, they need to see how they handle various styles.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Girl, you’re silly!  I hope it doesn’t mean Hannah is on WW.

Hahah thanks 😂 I don’t think she needs ww, I think she’s just bottom heavy, but in the eyes of Judy and Kelli .... who knows ? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

29 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I guess the debate over Gina's hair is over...clearly, they were just doing the roots and she is platinum as ever. Time to write some strongly worded letters ladies...

I’m hoping it’s the poor video quality causing Gina’s hair to look the same.  I was hoping for a serious conditioning treatment and some toning down with low lights or some such.  Anything to counter the damaged over bleached look.  Her hair looked much healthier last year in Bimini.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Actually, this is more contemporary than lyrical.  Contemporary is Travis Wall’s forte and how he is billed for Nuvo dance conventions.

I should have put "lyrical" in quotes because  you are 100% correct that's not lyrical. I think it's great that they are not just doing the 'power pom' {which I never had heard of as a dance style up till now but my background is musical theater so what do I know} style. It does show technique and separates the ok to good dancers from the GREAT dancers  because you do have to have pretty great technique  to pull Travis Wall choreo off...and we saw who did and didn't in those clips alone. Meredith may not have been great at the kickline but she was really good in this style. Which would make sense since that's more her background. They also do a hip hop number usually as well. 

I’m loving Caroline in every video she’s in. & of course Gina is slaying it. I thought Heather was good; anybody looks less good next to Gina than they would otherwise. I really like Kelcey in the lyrical too. Don’t throw 🍅 at me, but I thought Victoria’s kicks were almost as good (or even as good) as Caroline’s. I really like Daphne; I hope she’s ok because that was not good. In the video with Hannah, my eyes went straight to her; I think she’s great. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Mercurialsteph said:

I should have put "lyrical" in quotes because  you are 100% correct that's not lyrical. I think it's great that they are not just doing the 'power pom' {which I never had heard of as a dance style up till now but my background is musical theater so what do I know} style. It does show technique and separates the ok to good dancers from the GREAT dancers  because you do have to have pretty great technique  to pull Travis Wall choreo off...and we saw who did and didn't in those clips alone. Meredith may not have been great at the kickline but she was really good in this style. Which would make sense since that's more her background. They also do a hip hop number usually as well. 

In my scholarship days at Joe Tremaine dance center, I was lucky enough to study under a lyrical legend.  His name was Doug Caldwell.  Sadly, the dance world lost him and it devastated many of us.  I wish you could have taken one of his classes. They were truly magical.  As for musical theater, I can relate.  That is what I focused on while studying theater arts at UCLA. 😉

Cassidy Kay’s account came up on Instagram through the Explore page and I’m struggling to see how she didn’t make it to training camp. She obviously excels in hip hop and her contemporary is pretty good too. She’s light on her feet but with power when needed. I think she’d be an asset to the team! 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Cassidy Kay’s account came up on Instagram through the Explore page and I’m struggling to see how she didn’t make it to training camp. She obviously excels in hip hop and her contemporary is pretty good too. She’s light on her feet but with power when needed. I think she’d be an asset to the team! 

Could have been her interview. 

1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Could have been her interview. 

I hope she has a little feature so we can see why. Or it could be because she just got lost in a sea of blondes? 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Reveala said:

I know contemporary dance is not easily uniform, but the blond second from right was either behind or ahead of her fellow dancers. Her technique wasn't as sharp and she didn't finish all moves. Who is she?

See...and to me it looks like Gina is finishing before anyone else.  Lily actually looks better than the other rookies...but everyone sees things differently.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

Hahah thanks 😂 I don’t think she needs ww, I think she’s just bottom heavy, but in the eyes of Judy and Kelli .... who knows ? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

I don’t think she bottom heavy, I think she just has an ass and those itty bitty shorts don’t cover it. Her shorts fit the same as they did last year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Opine said:

And her centerfold in Star Mag is everything......

Can someone with the Star Mag post someone pictures pretty please!! 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think TPTB (well, Judy at least) who really know the routine and are sort of running it in their head while the girls are dancing it, can tell who is rushing and who is lagging. What looks like rushing to us could simply be that they are hitting the counts vs reaching for the counts, sometimes it can make them look out of synch with others who are trying to “keep up”...does that make sense? You’re right @Mercurialsteph Explaining choreo in written form IS hard 😂!  I had a choir director explain it once that trying to hit a high note, for instance, you should “land” on it, not be grasping to reach it, sort of a directional thing. Ok, that probably makes no sense either 🤦‍♀️😜

Edited by suebee18
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, Kayce said:

See...and to me it looks like Gina is finishing before anyone else.  Lily actually looks better than the other rookies...but everyone sees things differently.  

I agree re: Gina. As usual, I found her distracting. 

• Love 2