Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Squeek said:

To me last year's rookie class just blended right out my mind.  So much time was spent on VK, the other girls really didn't get any time to shine and unless they just sparkled (to me) like Caroline, Jalyn and Cianna, they didn't get noticed.  Cianna got my notice because I have a soft spot for girls who are different, like the curly hair.  Otherwise I have to go back and look at the pics to figure out who is who.  The calendar shoot photos drove me nuts with the rookies cause I had no clue who they were.  I know part of it was the drama but the entire class just didn't impress me.

Exactly!  

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

I REALLY hope VK has changed, agree with all that have said she looks better this year than last, and most of all that she EARNS her spot on the team. However, does anyone else think they've put her in group 1 laying the foundation for 5-6 years from now when she'll be G1 GL, point and retire having been in group 1 the whole time? Wasn't she group 1 last year? I'm guessing it's not a coincidence. But I'm also recognizing maturity from Amy as GL it's likely the best place for her, maybe? Amy likely has experience dealing with helicopter moms too...

There’s a misconception that Group 1 is a status thing.  The only status is that the  group leaders are given group 1 thru 4 based on seniority. Then they choose a 2nd GL based on who will balance them out and work well together.  All  the other dancers are spread out over groups based on hair color, height, etc.  There will be some of the strongest dancers in group 4 as there will be in group 1.  

• Love 18

Had to take like two days off, and I missed soooo much, haha.

1: That Travis Wall choreo in the SG videos was ah-MAZING!

2: I thought that Hannah and Tess' shorts both looked super weird and ill-fitting on very fit ladies.  They just don't look long enough this year.

3: That picture of Miranda and Lisa?  100% thought that Lisa was Savannah at first and was confused why she was wearing pink.

Unhappily, I am resigned to the fact that VK will make the team this year. From what we have seen so far she has kept the weight off. BUT, there is no way she can ever EARN her boots.  She was being handed them last year and still managed to not make the team.  The egregious behavior she displayed on last season's show would have resulted in any other TCC being asked to leave and never return.  The fact that she tried out again and made TC is just more nepotism, so she already has a handout going into TC. 

Should, through some miracle, she win the Nobel Peace Prize, I may rethink my attitude towards her. Other than that my mind is closed against her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
(edited)

Everyone seems outraged that VK is making the team this year.  Have we considered she might also make Showgroup???

Edited by Stee
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, IHopeUDance said:

There’s a misconception that Group 1 is a status thing.  The only status is that the  group leaders are given group 1 thru 4 based on seniority. Then they choose a 2nd GL based on who will balance them out and work well together.  All  the other dancers are spread out over groups based on hair color, height, etc.  There will be some of the strongest dancers in group 4 as there will be in group 1.  

I never understand why people have this idea that they would ever make the groups that way. They’re spread out throughout the stadium; it would make no sense at all for them to create a strongest group and a weakest group, since part of the stadium would only really see the weaker groups. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Everyone seems outraged that VK is making the team this year.  Have we considered she might also make Showgroup???

I have a feeling she will.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stee said:

If she does, I'll just drown my sorrows the VK way -- open pie hole, insert milkshake. Repeat as necessary.

Open Pie Hole Crop.png

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TennInTexas said:

I REALLY hope VK has changed, agree with all that have said she looks better this year than last, and most of all that she EARNS her spot on the team. However, does anyone else think they've put her in group 1 laying the foundation for 5-6 years from now when she'll be G1 GL, point and retire having been in group 1 the whole time? Wasn't she group 1 last year? I'm guessing it's not a coincidence. But I'm also recognizing maturity from Amy as GL it's likely the best place for her, maybe? Amy likely has experience dealing with helicopter moms too...

Victoria would have to be better than Holly and Gina at the peak of their talents (maybe even combined if possible) and only THEN would I consider the fact that she might possibly have earned her spot on the team.  Since she's nowhere NEAR them in talent (and has a barely passable body even now), I don't believe that she'll have actually EARNED a spot on the team because she hasn't improved NEARLY enough physically or dance-wise and I would be surprised if she improved in maturity, respect, decency, presence or attitude over the past year.  As I, and others, have said in the past, if any other girl had pulled a fraction of what she did last year, that girl would be told that she would never be on the squad or ever be in Training Camp again and would have left with a permanent boot print on her butt.  However, Victoria was welcomed back into Training Camp and given a Barbie.  Both are a BIG sign that she was given things (again) that other girls didn't or wouldn't.

1 hour ago, Stee said:

Just like her spot on the squad, I won't be surprised if Victoria gets an undeserved spot on Show Group.  It's practically guaranteed.  If she does make both squad and show group, all I can hope for is that she gets cut next year and Kelli tells both of them that she had a year to prove herself after everything was handed to her and she blew it due to attitude and maturity.  After all, Breelan, Morgan and a few other girls had one year on the squad and were cut and they didn't have NEARLY the in that Victoria does.  That in could also be why Victoria stays no matter what she does.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Unhappily, I am resigned to the fact that VK will make the team this year. From what we have seen so far she has kept the weight off. BUT, there is no way she can ever EARN her boots.  She was being handed them last year and still managed to not make the team.  The egregious behavior she displayed on last season's show would have resulted in any other TCC being asked to leave and never return.  The fact that she tried out again and made TC is just more nepotism, so she already has a handout going into TC. 

Should, through some miracle, she win the Nobel Peace Prize, I may rethink my attitude towards her. Other than that my mind is closed against her.

I totally disagree. I don’t feel Victoria was  handed anything because...

She. Did. Not. Make. The. Team. !!

So, it’s confusing why people keep saying that. What exactly was handed to her? I feel like because CMT chose to focus on her, everyone assumed that’s all Kelli and Judy focused  on too, but we all know that’s not reality...and just for the fact she grew up as Kelli being her mom’s best friend, everyone jumped on the hate bandwagon and looked for reasons to ridicule and shouted “unfair”!   But many of us saw a very talented, beautiful girl who was a teenager going after her dreams in a world she grew up in and admired.  She wasn’t afraid to be her teenager self and may have made blunders that social media pounced on.  Sadly, I have no doubt  even if she took this year to mature, worked hard, figured out her nutrition, been humbled reflecting on how her energy and inexperience came across on the show, and then also danced circles around everyone ...people will find some other reason to hate & not afford her the grace and respect everyone else seems to deserve.  

Again. She. Did. Not. Make. The. Team. 

Can you imagine the amount of determination, hard work and courage it would take anyone to come back better, healthier & stronger after a year of being ridiculed and receiving  so much hate from other women across all these platforms?  That alone I admire in her.  I agree she shouldn’t get special treatment because of “who she knows” BUT she also shouldn’t be condemned for “who she knows” either!  People forget, but there’s been many legacies that have tried out over the years. Some make the cut, some don’t. Some crumble and give up, some don’t. No one has ever been handed the boots that didn’t deserve it..and neither did Victoria last year.  I just feel that Kelli and Judy deserve a little more credit than that.  They know what everyone out here is saying.  They know the popular and easy thing to do would be to dismiss VK and avoid another yr of backlash...but if she’s the right person for this team, she will be there.   If she's not, she won’t, lets just have open minds.  

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, IHopeUDance said:

So, it’s confusing why people keep saying that. What exactly was handed to her? I feel like because CMT chose to focus on her, everyone assumed that’s all Kelli and Judy focused  on too, but we all know that’s not reality...and just for the fact she grew up as Kelli being her mom’s best friend, everyone jumped on the hate bandwagon and looked for reasons to ridicule and shouted “unfair”!   But many of us saw a very talented, beautiful girl who was a teenager going after her dreams in a world she grew up in and admired.  She wasn’t afraid to be her teenager self and may have made blunders that social media pounced on.  Sadly, I have no doubt  even if she took this year to mature, worked hard, figured out her nutrition, been humbled reflecting on how her energy and inexperience came across on the show, and then also danced circles around everyone ...people will find some other reason to hate & not afford her the grace and respect everyone else seems to deserve.  

Can you imagine the amount of determination, hard work and courage it would take anyone to come back better, healthier & stronger after a year of being ridiculed and receiving  so much hate from other women across all these platforms?  That alone I admire in her.  I agree she shouldn’t get special treatment because of “who she knows” BUT she also shouldn’t be condemned for “who she knows” either!  People forget, but there’s been many legacies that have tried out over the years. Some make the cut, some don’t. Some crumble and give up, some don’t. No one has ever been handed the boots that didn’t deserve it..and neither did Victoria last year.  I just feel that Kelli and Judy deserve a little more credit than that.  They know what everyone out here is saying.  They know the popular and easy thing to do would be to dismiss VK and avoid another yr of backlash...but if she’s the right person for this team, she will be there.   If she's not, she won’t, lets just have open minds.  

Thank you 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, IHopeUDance said:

Exactly. I could not agree more. Very well said!!!!! 

So many people have forgotten about grace (undeserved/unmerited kindness), yet so many people want grace when it comes to their bad decisions & mistakes, especially if these mistakes & bad choices are publicly  known. Which btw, happens to everyone at some point in their lives.

It just so happens that VK’s life is viewed by the public. And like most people nowadays, they seem to thrive on shaming others. 

Why is it that we (most people) look at ourselves & our decisions through rose colored glasses but look at others through a magnifying lens?!

• Love 5

Well she didn't make the team because they couldn't justify it after apparent lies she told and gaining at least 11 pounds in training camp. But she was obviously favored by Kelli and others. "I wouldn't wanna be in her group." She was a standout and whatever else they said about her, crying over her solo, going aww when she fell out of her turn. Kitty saying she deserved the respect to lose weight when she would have crucified anyone else. Kelli obviously wanted her on the team last year. Lots of people have said she isn't cut out to be a DCC yet. And mind you, I don't dislike her as much as others. I think she'll probably make it for at least on year and I wouldn't be mad about that. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, LincolnCentMe said:

So many people have forgotten about grace (undeserved/unmerited kindness), yet so many people want grace when it comes to their bad decisions & mistakes, especially if these mistakes & bad choices are publicly  known. Which btw, happens to everyone at some point in their lives.

It just so happens that VK’s life is viewed by the public. And like most people nowadays, they seem to thrive on shaming others. 

Why is it that we (most people) look at ourselves & our decisions through rose colored glasses but look at others through a magnifying lens?!

Whew...thank you!   I was preparing to be skewered.   Lol 😂 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, LincolnCentMe said:

This. Exactly. This. Thank you. Victoria gets a fresh start with me this year. If she acts a fool again then I’m done with her. Ha.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4

The few pictures and videos that have been posted still show Vic putting (or pushing} herself front and center (Travis Walls) just like last year. I think this shows lack of respect for the Vets and an entitled attitude. I hope it's not the case for the entire time. 

• Love 7

The bar for MTT was definitely lower for Victoria than it was for other candidates and despite this she did not make the team. This proves two things: (1) there was favoritism, and (2) any claims that she was "guaranteed" a spot on the team were outright lies.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

awww Gina as Point ! So she has had some experience ...

I don't think she's point here...Lacey and Maddie would be right up there if she was.  That was her position on the side (in front of Heather).  I think it's just the way the pic was shot. 

14 hours ago, Squeek said:

To me last year's rookie class just blended right out my mind.  So much time was spent on VK, the other girls really didn't get any time to shine and unless they just sparkled (to me) like Caroline, Jalyn and Cianna, they didn't get noticed.  Cianna got my notice because I have a soft spot for girls who are different, like the curly hair.  Otherwise I have to go back and look at the pics to figure out who is who.  The calendar shoot photos drove me nuts with the rookies cause I had no clue who they were.  I know part of it was the drama but the entire class just didn't impress me.

I disagree with this personally. I know they didn't all get the same amount of airtime but for the most part, they were a 'diverse' class. It seems like most of them have fun personalities as well as lots of talent. I mean, didn't five of them make show group?

The blender rookie class for me is the year before.  Rachel, Molly, Miranda and Alexis all had the same look and let's not get to Savannah and Christina being blenders. There was only Lauren, Gina and Kalyssa who were stand-out dancers in a sea of average. 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

This. Exactly. This. Thank you. Victoria gets a fresh start with me this year. If she acts a fool again then I’m done with her. Ha.

Truth. Vickster reminds me of a Young Barbara Jean from Reba. Loud out of shape clueless annoying blond but not intentionally mean. Now when not if she starts acting a fool again, I’ll be done. It will happen, but this year looks to me like she is in better shape for the moment and has more of a clue than last year.

ok here goes I am predicting VK will be a one hit wonder or possibly two years at most. She won’t maintain weight or follows rules. Don’t think she’ll pull a Holly but she already acts like she has vet status. She will also drive them all crazy. 

I will up the bet and say if she makes two years she’ll be a special exemption and all star for the next ten. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Marshall has regrettably drunk the DCC Blue Razz Kool-Aid this year and his words can not longer be trusted. 

On 6/26/2019 at 9:05 PM, Tootie said:

idk, it would take a lot more than just posting an opinion I might disagree with to have me lose faith in Marshall.  He's clever, professional, and kind, and if he honestly didn't believe that, then he'd have addressed it differently, or not at all.  I have no doubt whatsoever that he is perfectly well aware of how much shade he was going to get for saying that, and he did it anyway, which makes me admire him even more.  There are many dimensions surrounding Victoria's arc this year, and regardless of where her placement in it is, I think it's impressive that Marshall sees something there worthy of defending.  

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, raindancer said:

I think it's impressive that Marshall sees something there worthy of defending.  

Or maybe she's nice to him, and really, what else does he have to go by?  I wouldn't think much of him if he let the opinion of others cloud his own.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

My statement about "ask Marshall" was not related to Victoria.  It was about Miranda's hair and if they put grey highlights in it,

They probably just toned her highlights that she got last year and toned them too light

10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Or maybe she's nice to him, and really, what else does he have to go by?  I wouldn't think much of him if he let the opinion of others cloud his own.

Exactly....he's just never struck me as the kind of guy who would pander to popular opinion one way or the other.  He's def got a "stay-true-to-yourself" kind of energy to me, so I value his thoughts.  Even so, there are a lot of different signifiers about Victoria, and I'll be watching and listening pretty carefully before making my own mind up about her one way or the other.  

Honestly the things that concern me the most don't have to do with her dancing, they have to do with the way she treats people, and what kind of a teammate she'd be.  That's the most important thing to me, since I haven't seen enough of her dancing (and I don't have the appropriate skills) to be a judge of it, although Travis Wall (TRAVIS WALL!!!!) really liked her, and I think she's quite beautiful and has clearly worked on her figure.  Additionally, some of the things that were really off-putting to some people didn't bother me at all - her "extra-ness" was really entertaining.  Then again, I don't have to work in a studio with her, either 😂

I still can't get past how she was called into the office to discuss the troubles she was having and she whined and pouted about not making Show Group. AS A TCC. To express that to Kelli was immature and entitled. 

I don’t blame VK for that, that was all Kelli. The guest choreographer called VK out for being not so good (much like Scott the weatherman did) and Aunt Kelli was still trying to sell the “Vickie the Golden Child of training camp” BS. Victoria did not go running to Kelli crying about show group, Kelli made the excuse to the choreographer that Vicky must have something wrong with her if she was anything other than the best one there, called her in to “prove “ to the choreographer it was just an off night, then basically brow beat Victoria until she offered up an excuse for her “off night”. Victoria had to be pushed to claim there was something on her mind, she repeatedly stated nothing was wrong, but Kelli wasn’t gonna give up until she said that there was. I don’t like Victoria anymore than anyone else does, but I blame that whole load of crap on Kelli.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Truth. Vickster reminds me of a Young Barbara Jean from Reba. Loud out of shape clueless annoying blond but not intentionally mean. 

I agree. 

• Love 4

There are things that can't be edited for a story line.  

Gina said what she said and clearly turned off her fellow TCCs by giving herself a trainer status her rookie TC.  Can I assume that maybe she has accepted the fact that this is team, not an individual dance competition and that the team is better if everyone on the team gets along?  You betcha I can.

Now our girl Victoria is a little different.  Her words and actions were a problem.  However, the ridiculous forgiveness and opportunities extended to her were also a problem.  So for me it isn't about whether she lost weight (clearly, she did) or whether she is pretty (I always thought she was basically pretty but needed to brush the mop) or whether she can kick or dance, it is about her entitled attitude and the response to that from TPTB.  

If TPTB really wanted to give her a fresh start, they would have sent her off to prove her talent on another team (pro, semi pro or college) and brought her quietly back in a year or two.  And they wouldn't have started off the season by giving her a Barbie.  That one act really makes me concerned for the rest of the season.

My heart (which is quite big and caring) goes out to the other girls.  The ones that worked all of their lives for this and fear for their positions because what was openly discussed on these boards (tattle taling, mean girling, guaranteed spots, etc.)  

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Opine said:

If TPTB really wanted to give her a fresh start, they would have sent her off to prove her talent on another team (pro, semi pro or college) and brought her quietly back in a year or two.  And they wouldn't have started off the season by giving her a Barbie.  That one act really makes me concerned for the rest of the season.

This would have been a good idea, but I don't think Victoria could make any other team that Auntie Kelli isn't running. She does have a pretty face, but her dancing is fairly average as far as technique goes. She does lyrical okay---this is what she was trained in---but how often do pro teams do a lyrical piece? 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, UT2004gal said:

I wonder if more vets will retire next year after Victoria makes the squad (which I think she will)

Sadly, I think they will.  And, I am not sure some of this year's retirements weren't because they knew she'd be back. 

• Love 3
On 6/19/2019 at 12:14 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Has anyone received a copy of the Star swimsuit magazine yet?  Guy on FB said that Maddie's pics impressed him - she looked "grown up."  Curious to know if that's true.  There are always photos that take us by surprise.

Don't know if someone already responded, but Maddie looks stunning in 2 of her pics and yes mature.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Opine said:

My heart (which is quite big and caring) goes out to the other girls.  The ones that worked all of their lives for this and fear for their positions because what was openly discussed on these boards (tattle taling, mean girling, guaranteed spots, etc.)  

Great point. I think I've said this before, the favoritism toward one at the expense of the greater group is going to lead to a toxic team environment. The other 35 members of the squad and rookie candidates in particular deserve better.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Opine said:

I truly wish for Vic's sake, she could have had some time away, maybe 2 years.  To find herself away from her Mother and the DCC environment.  I think it would have done her a world of good.

Kudos to both @Opine and @veronicamers on your recent erudite posts.  #WellStated

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Don't know if someone already responded, but Maddie looks stunning in 2 of her pics and yes mature.

Yes, she does!  The first one in the Dallas Cowboys suit is my favorite.  I was very surprised she had more than one that was FANTASTIC.  It changed my mind about her potential as point.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I'm with you. I was a hot mess at 18 ... I think I'm a reasonable person today. I don't like the nepotism, and I respected Kash for speaking up about Victoria's behavior last year, but I'm going to try to keep an open mind.

• Love 2

Honestly in regards to VK, I think the “she was only 18, give her a break” is complete BS. Growing up that close to the DCC world and either wanting to be one or her mother pushing her to be one her whole life, she should have been pretty much polished and perfect. There’s no excuse for her behavior last year except her feeling entitled and/or expecting a spot on the team just because of who she is, resulting in her thinking she could act however she pleased and it would have no consequences. Probably story of her life so far in terms of not having to take responsibility for her actions.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I truly wish for Vic's sake, she could have had some time away, maybe 2 years.  To find herself away from her Mother and the DCC environment.  I think it would have done her a world of good.

Kudos to both @Opine and @veronicamers on your recent erudite posts.  #WellStated

I agree re: VK. I don't think she's as bad as people make her out to be, but I do think she lacks maturity, something being away from mom and DCC for a bit could help with.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

She should have taken the AMDA scholarship. It used to have an interesting reputation because it used to take EVERYONE but has been turning out really great people who are making it on Broadway straight out of school. She would have become a better dancer (training is very good), matured because living alone in NYC and  doing the musical theater thing you have to and teachers and people here do not play and would have come back in two years more mature with a lot of varied dance training under her belt. 

And honestly maybe should have liked going the theater dance route more! She is a good performer when she dances, she has a lot of personality, she wouldn’t have to crash diet because even at her heaviest was she by ANY means heavy and looked the same as the dancers I know. Not sure if she can sing but honestly there are LOTS of dancers who are working professionally in theater who are at best ok singers but because of being awesome performers and fierce dancers it doesn’t matter. 

Edited by Mercurialsteph
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Kayce said:

Miranda looks incredible....I almost thought this was Lacey!  Alexis and Hannah are gorgeous as well 🙂

OMG!!  It's Miranda???  I also thought it was Lacey at first:)  Miranda is one of my faves, but she looks different in every pic.  They all look gorgeous!!!

• Love 3
Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

Hannah's photo came out soo much better than her cameos lol

All of Hannah’s non posed shots from the Mexico trip are beautiful. They need to figure out how to get a posed shot to look this good.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Because I have time on my hands, and have all seasons except #1, I thought I would do some checking (over the last few weeks) regarding weight gains and how they are addressed.

I was not able to find a single rookie who was not given the talk and the time to make improvements, including Holly and KaShara their rookie year.  Some did the work, and some did not.   I may have missed someone.

Vets who made it back to TC and had weight issues were also given the time to get it under control.  Vets who did not make it back because of weight gain, it’s their own fault.  They sign a contract and know what it says.  And yet they all act surprised when the axe falls.

I am neutral on VK and was not thrilled with some of the antics from last year, but I don’t think she got special treatment regarding her weight.  I do think she looks much better this year, and they photos of her from finals look good.

Edited by Christineelgene
Spelling
  • Love 2