Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

That Kitty's still around or that MK works @ her studio?

MK lives in Hawaii now so I think Kitty's profiles are just not up to date. 

I'm not saying I wish death upon Kitty...I'm just saying I wish to see less of her. Ever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm not saying I wish death upon Kitty...I'm just saying I wish to see less of her. Ever. 

She doesn't bother me...much..

I just tune her out or look away when she gets to be too much.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Kitty sucks.  I agree with you.  She was funny for awhile but her schtick is tired. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

She doesn't bother me...much..

I just tune her out or look away when she gets to be too much.

Probably the only reason she's around is she's a former DCC (Ok I'm gonna go now before I start something...Goodnight all!)

4 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Kitty sucks.  I agree with you.  She was funny for awhile but her schtick is tired. 

The thing with Miranda could have been handled in a completely different way.  Did not like her VK deserves respect blah blah blah BS.  And now, after hearing Milan's podcast, really don't understand why she started that whole crap.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Probably the only reason she's around is she's a former DCC (Ok I'm gonna go now before I start something...Goodnight all!)

And...she knows where Kelli's and Judy's bodies are buried. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

You're thinking of Madeline Molloy-rookie last year. There's another one this year: Madeline Salter.

That’s who I was thinking they meant, and I couldn’t understand why Madeline Malloy would be cut at this stage.  Thanks for clarifying.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Google is wonderful isn't it?  🙂

I'm surprised it came up on my search bar when I entered her name:)  And yes, Google is wonderful - it's how I diagnosed my appendicitis in the middle of the night🤣

• LOL 4

Does anyone know who is on Show Group?  And does anyone know who is in Groups 3 and 4?  VK needs to grow up example quail is a fish. What she needs to do is filter her mouth. Think before speaking. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Busy said:

Does anyone know who is on Show Group?  And does anyone know who is in Groups 3 and 4?  VK needs to grow up example quail is a fish. What she needs to do is filter her mouth. Think before speaking. 

I saw a comment from Bridget that she’s in Group 3 and I think TCC Lily is in Group 4. That’s all I have been able to ascertain 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

She has such a mean personality and there is no reason for it.

• Love 3

So, maybe it’s me, but as a true outsider (from PA and never in the dance/cheer world) I stumbled on MTT in the first season and I remember rooting for Brooke to make the team.  I was hooked in that first year.  However as the years have passed I feel like they have gone to the proverbial well too many times and we are told who to root for each year instead of it coming through naturally.  Since we don’t get CMT where I live I gratefully depend on this board to determine whether I want to stick it out each year and buy the season on Amazon.  The lack of spoilers this season are causing me to be less excited and more concerned about what is going on in DCC land.

Since I have no way of knowing who any of these girls are except for what I read here and what I have seen in past seasons, I can say that this might be the first year I buy the season after the fact or not at all.  Unless you share can’t miss information 😁

One thing I hope you will accept me throwing my two cents in about is the debate that has been going on for the past two seasons over Victoria.  I teach high school seniors, so I think I have a decent grasp of their behaviors after 24 years.  

1.  She acted extremely immature during the show last year.

2.  She truly seemed to have no idea that she was acting this way.

3.  She didn’t earn the right to make the team last year.

I consider the Victoria we saw last year to be like a child, because in all honesty that is what I think she was-living an insular life where she did not have the ability to mature and become a part of the adult world and understand what that means before trying out for the DCC.  I love my students but that doesn’t mean that I like all of the choices that they make.  But, you have to allow the past to stay in the past and believe that they can grow and change with each new day.

So I am willing to do the same for this stranger on my TV named Victoria as well.

thank you letting me share my feelings.

I truly do appreciate all of the information found on this board and I love to read every single comment. 😊So thank you for allowing me to be here.

01F9670B-C13F-4E30-B50C-DF1C7FEEFA58.jpeg

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Squeek said:

Rookies:
Alexandra Pena @alexandra.micaa --- CUT! (someone just said this)
Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers)
Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) --- CUT!!
Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers) --- CUT!

Chandi Dayle  @chandidayle (UofAZ pom)
Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (Trinity HS/Pagents) --- CUT!
Julia Fife @juliafife (DMD)
Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska)
Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl) --- CUT!
Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
Lisa Mills @lisa_mills (DMD)
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU)
Meredith Madden @meredithmadden
Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl)
Taylor Pedersen @tay_pedersen (Suns Dancer)
Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina (TC last year)

Vets:
Alanna Tarango @yomamaalanna / 2nd year
Alexis Peterson @alexispetersonn / 3rd year
Amber McMillan @amber_nicole74 / 2nd year
Amy Leonall @amy_nicole_l / 5th year 
Ashlee Ford @ashlee_nobanks  / 2nd year
Brennan Cook @brennanashley / 2nd year
Briana Baisden @bri_channelle / 2nd year
Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge / 2nd year 
Caroline Sundvold @carolinebrock95 / 2nd year
Christina Riccelli @christina_riccelli / 3rd year
Cianna Levi @cicilevi  / 2nd year
Daphne Janes @daph7 / 2nd year
Erin Sauerhage @erin__margaret / 2nd year
Gina Ligi @ginaligi / 3rd year
Hannah Anderson @hannah_anderson95 / 2nd year
Heather  O'Connor @heathertherese94  / 4th year
Jalyn Stough @jalynstough / 2nd year
Lexie Sullivan @lexiesullivan26 / 3rd year
Madeline Massingill @madeline_massingill / 4th year
Madeline Molloy @madeline_molloy / 2nd year
Miranda Tims @mirandatims / 3rd year
Molly Neumeister @mollyneumeister / 3rd year
Rachel Alexander @rachelalexander / 3rd year
Rachel Wyatt @rachelyukiwyatt / 2nd year
Savannah Heineken @saaavy / 3rd year
Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj / 2nd year
Tess Guidry @misstessguidry / 4th year 

Thank you sooo much!!!  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kimrs said:

So, maybe it’s me, but as a true outsider (from PA and never in the dance/cheer world) I stumbled on MTT in the first season and I remember rooting for Brooke to make the team.  I was hooked in that first year.  However as the years have passed I feel like they have gone to the proverbial well too many times and we are told who to root for each year instead of it coming through naturally.  Since we don’t get CMT where I live I gratefully depend on this board to determine whether I want to stick it out each year and buy the season on Amazon.  The lack of spoilers this season are causing me to be less excited and more concerned about what is going on in DCC land.

Since I have no way of knowing who any of these girls are except for what I read here and what I have seen in past seasons, I can say that this might be the first year I buy the season after the fact or not at all.  Unless you share can’t miss information 😁

One thing I hope you will accept me throwing my two cents in about is the debate that has been going on for the past two seasons over Victoria.  I teach high school seniors, so I think I have a decent grasp of their behaviors after 24 years.  

1.  She acted extremely immature during the show last year.

2.  She truly seemed to have no idea that she was acting this way.

3.  She didn’t earn the right to make the team last year.

I consider the Victoria we saw last year to be like a child, because in all honesty that is what I think she was-living an insular life where she did not have the ability to mature and become a part of the adult world and understand what that means before trying out for the DCC.  I love my students but that doesn’t mean that I like all of the choices that they make.  But, you have to allow the past to stay in the past and believe that they can grow and change with each new day.

So I am willing to do the same for this stranger on my TV named Victoria as well.

thank you letting me share my feelings.

I truly do appreciate all of the information found on this board and I love to read every single comment. 😊So thank you for allowing me to be here.

01F9670B-C13F-4E30-B50C-DF1C7FEEFA58.jpeg

As a former high school (and middle school) teacher, I agree with what you said. It is amazing the changes that take place with teens! 

I think the main problem with VK last year is that she came into TC being far too comfortable. She knew all TPTB and acted with a casualness that was inappropriate for the situation.  She assumed she would have a blast throughout the process and that at the end, good old "Aunt" Kelli would add her to the final roster. Hopefully the shock of being cut led to a more measured approach to TC this season.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Busy said:

VK needs to grow up example quail is a fish. What she needs to do is filter her mouth. Think before speaking. 

Mis-quoted from another summer horror show: We're gonna need a bigger filter.

More pie hole cropped more.png

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Rookie Madeline got a Barbie this year, and has been in quite a bit of their social media of late.  I would be surprised if they cut her unless she did something wrong.  

I think they mean the rookie candidate Madeline Salter (the other legacy) not Madeline Molloy

Edited by Kayce
(edited)
7 hours ago, Luvswa10 said:

Saw this a bit ago on CMT. 

20190628_220721~2.jpg

This is so exciting can't wait for Season 14!!! 😊 I wonder if we will be getting 13 episodes again this year? 😊 I also wonder if they will be changing the promotional shot with the cameos since Lacey, KaShara and Khalyn have now retired? 

IMG_20190629_134726.jpg

Edited by PhoebeKelly1992
  • Love 3
On 6/26/2019 at 12:26 AM, go4luca said:

Maybe that's why I like her.  She's unique and not cookie cutter.  She's absolutely stunning.

(this is a combo response to other posts too)

I like Hanna too. I don't get the hate honestly. They did a bad job of photographing her, in person, she is stunning and very sweet. I wish they would change her eyebrows though. They get harsh. I don't think it's fair to say she's not Americas' Sweet Heart type. America is pretty vast with lots of appetites to satisfy. It's that whole, "bouquet of women" thing they profess constantly. Her dancing is great.

On VK, her kicks looked really good. She was very pretty and pulled up. It was controlled seemingly. Better than others for sure. But shouldn't it? She has had years of practice. Some polish will help. Someone was giving accolades on persevering criticism. Personally, I'd be careful with over the top praise of weathering the storm. I would assert, many of these ladies have weathered public storms as well. This board is not representative of the total sum of viewers.  I cringed at Kelly's tone towards Kristen last season. Big picture, it's tough for anyone being scrutinized via national TV. This board has no hesitation on harsh dance critique of anyone found wanting in control, style or pop per se. That has never been reserved only towards VK. I have no problem praising good performers and have done so here. But that's just me, and tiny 1/2 cents worth of thought.

I agree Heather looked like she was dancing a bit soft, and Alexis, her dancing bothered me, totally lackluster. The blonde TCC next to her looked great in comparison. I LOVE Bridget, if they could amp up her look to stand out more, she would be a strong point contender, but not as she is. Even though her dancing is worthy of it.

TCC that Kelly liked her turn out (can't remember her name, Meredith?). She looked so darn stiff in the video clip, out of sync, and at parts seemed to not know the dance like the others. For me, she lacks that sex appeal curve in her dancing. Honestly, I am shocked she failed to blend into the style. Wasn't that an original concern, could she be more than a soloist? Perhaps she shines in other areas, but they tend to be unforgiving on the Thunder Dance routine. Am I alone?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I also wonder if they will be changing the promotional shot with the cameos since Lacey, KaShara and Khalyn have now retired? 

IMG_20190629_134726.jpg

The old promo shot is a lovely bouquet of cheerleaders!  I miss them already -- seems like they've been gone for years!  But yes, getting excited for the new season -- just a little over a month to go -- and debating with myself when I should stop reading this "spoiler" thread. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

I LOVE Bridget, if they could amp up her look to stand out more, she would be a strong point contender, but not as she is. Even though her dancing is worthy of it.

TCC that Kelly liked her turn out (can't remember her name, Meredith?). She looked so darn stiff in the video clip, out of sync, and at parts seemed to not know the dance like the others. For me, she lacks that sex appeal curve in her dancing. Honestly, I am shocked she failed to blend into the style. Wasn't that an original concern, could she be more than a soloist? Perhaps she shines in other areas, but they tend to be unforgiving on the Thunder Dance routine. Am I alone?

Team Bridget over here! I think she is so gorgeous that she doesn't need any amping, BUT I agree that with some extra glam (a little more oomph to the eyes, maybe?), she would be a knockout point girl. She just radiates so much joy when she dances, even at rehearsal, that she's a delight to watch. Her lines are so clean and she has a seemingly effortless pop to her. I've been all "Bridget For Point Someday!" since about week 3 of last season's show. She absolutely should be a triangle girl if she sticks around and I'm eager to see where she is in the formation this year. She was one of the farthest up of the rookies last year--I think she, Jaylyn, Daphne, and Caroline got the best of the rookie positions last season, and I'm curious how far up each of them moves this year. I'm hoping far! 

I agree, Meredith was disappointing to watch. Whoever said she's the new Savannah is right--so behind the group, and shockingly lethargic to watch. She really will have to step it up or she will be gone, no matter how much Kelli likes her look. I'd kind of like to see her figure out how to rock it as a rookie and bring the heat, so to speak.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Team Bridget over here! I think she is so gorgeous that she doesn't need any amping, BUT I agree that with some extra glam (a little more oomph to the eyes, maybe?), she would be a knockout point girl. She just radiates so much joy when she dances, even at rehearsal, that she's a delight to watch. Her lines are so clean and she has a seemingly effortless pop to her. I've been all "Bridget For Point Someday!" since about week 3 of last season's show. She absolutely should be a triangle girl if she sticks around and I'm eager to see where she is in the formation this year. She was one of the farthest up of the rookies last year--I think she, Jaylyn, Daphne, and Caroline got the best of the rookie positions last season, and I'm curious how far up each of them moves this year. I'm hoping far! 

I agree, Meredith was disappointing to watch. Whoever said she's the new Savannah is right--so behind the group, and shockingly lethargic to watch. She really will have to step it up or she will be gone, no matter how much Kelli likes her look. I'd kind of like to see her figure out how to rock it as a rookie and bring the heat, so to speak.

@M1977G Totally agree with all you said. LOVE LOVE me some Bridget! I want to know much more about her. Really why wasn't she a 2ndGL? Way better than Lexie IMO.

• Love 4

I imagine Bridget wasn't a 2nd GL this year because she's only a 2nd year and there are several strong upper vets to choose from. But, given her dance skills and that she was a captain with the Chargers, I'd say her chances of leadership positions are strong. That said, there are a number of girls who were captains of their teams on the squad right now--Bridget, Rachel A, Daphne, Taylor, and Ashlee, off the top of my head--so, it's no guarantee, but I can picture (hope!) that Bridget is in it for a few years and will get plenty of time to shine as a DCC.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

As for VK's making the team, just looking at the limited number of cuts to be made, her odds are pretty good.

Just a thought here -- has anyone ever wondered why Kelli's daughter never tried out for the team?  I don't know if she is a dancer but, if so, I wonder if she was steered clear -- 

Final note -- VK, or friends of VK, if you are reading this, you should close your mouth a little when you smile.  The 'who me?" startled look" is wearing thin not to mention it looks like you are catching flies.

Sam Finglass doesn't have the dance ability or the body to fit the DCC brand. There was a video that posted here before the archive sent everything to the ether, but it showed Sam at a prep class. It was like watching a fish out of water. I wish I could find it, but it's been ages and I haven't been able to resurface it again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Sam Finglass doesn't have the dance ability or the body to fit the DCC brand. There was a video that posted here before the archive sent everything to the ether, but it showed Sam at a prep class. It was like watching a fish out of water. I wish I could find it, but it's been ages and I haven't been able to resurface it again. 

Yeah Sam knows she has no shot and I’m glad she didn’t put herself through this only to get cut. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Agree. My daughter was on the same team as Sam in competitive cheer years ago.  Super sweet girl but never struck me as DCC.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Victoria didn't do competitive cheer with Samantha? 

I don’t think so. My daughter went to high school with Vic, and she wasn’t on the high school cheer or drill team.

• Useful 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, SingleMom9 said:

I don’t think so. My daughter went to high school with Vic, and she wasn’t on the high school cheer or drill team.

Interesting. If my number one goal of my whole life were to be a DCC, I maybe would have...been a cheerleader or on the dance team in high school. I don't know. It just seems like some kind of preparation or something.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 11
Just now, M1977G said:

Interesting. If my number one goal of my whole life were to be a DCC, I maybe would have...been a cheerleader or on the dance team in high school. I don't know. It just seems like some kind of preparation or something.

image.png

Vikkie doesn't strike me as someone who thinks she has to work for something. Tina has groomed her to be a DCC her entire life---the idea of preparation and training seem to be a newfound concept to her. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Team Bridget over here! I think she is so gorgeous that she doesn't need any amping, BUT I agree that with some extra glam...

I've always been Team Bridget and apparently I have the unpopular opinion (yet again, lol) in thinking Bridget is pretty enough just the way she is.  Why does point require pageant glam? 

The squad are supposed to be America's Sweethearts.  To me that includes girl next door pretty, not necessarily beauty queen/celebrity glam.  Bridget's kind of pretty is very relatable and achievable.  As in able to be a role model for little girls.  She has a lot of sparkle and spunk and lights up when performing.  I think she's just as pretty if not more than Jenn Amburn.

Just my 2 inconsequential cents worth. 😉

• Love 22
19 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Respectfully, that's not it all.  I'm not comparing myself to VK, I'm comparing her to the other girls who were cut for the least little thing.  She, on the other hand, gained 10+ pounds in training camp, lied about a disorder, lied about going to the doctor about said disorder, and when called on it, threw Jinelle under the bus.  Plus, she's an average dancer at best.  In the past, any ONE of those infractions would cause a girl to get cut and told to never return--not so with Victoria.  She will make the DCC this year, that much is known.  But, to me, she will always be an illegitimate DCC -- someone who only got the spot because of who her mom is.  

Keep in mind, they only take 36 girls.  That means some deserving girl is going to be cut just so VK can wear the uniform.  It's really sickening.

EXACTLY!!!!!!  She WAS promised it last year, but she screwed up so badly, even Charlotte said she had to go.  They may rein her in some this year and she will illegitimately make it, but the story doesn't there.  Some girl won't make it because of favoritism and nepotism.  That girl will not get a position she is qualified for because of VK.  That girl has to call her mom and say she wasn't good enough.  But she was........  sad

• Love 12

How old is Bridget again? 22? 24? Although she is a good dancer to me she looks young more cute than anything else. I think the past point girls have looked and were older (mid-late 20’s) and looked more mature and like an adult. I think Kash was like 26/27 and JennA was 27/28. Not saying Bridget can’t be point down the road but now isn’t her time. Just my opinion 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Monique said:

How old is Bridget again? 22? 24? Although she is a good dancer to me she looks young more cute than anything else. I think the past point girls have looked and were older (mid-late 20’s) and looked more mature and like an adult. I think Kash was like 26/27 and JennA was 27/28. Not saying Bridget can’t be point down the road but now isn’t her time. Just my opinion 🤷🏾‍♀️

I respect your opinion.  But I don't think age or seniority should mandate who is point.  As I've stated earlier this week, I don't care if a 2nd year gets it as long as they can carry the position and have the sparkle to do so.  It might be fun to see things shaken up.  I think it would make certain girls work harder which I don't see as a bad thing.  🤷‍♀️

Opinions on this board wildly vary at times.  It's what keeps this place interesting. 😀

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I've always been Team Bridget and apparently I have the unpopular opinion (yet again, lol) in thinking Bridget is pretty enough just the way she is.  Why does point require pageant glam? 

I'm absolutely with you on this one.  She is one of the few to whom I feel the term "sweetheart" actually applies.  A natural beauty who exudes joy when she performs. I think she would be great at point.  Because I've bought into the "seniority" ethos that surrounds DCC, I'm hoping for a different point this year (team Gina -- surprise!) but I would 100% percent back Bridget - as is - in the future. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Vikkie doesn't strike me as someone who thinks she has to work for something. Tina has groomed her to be a DCC her entire life---the idea of preparation and training seem to be a newfound concept to her. 

I would think as a young teen she would want to be part of a squad or team because it’s fun (or at least it should be).  To steer away from that is a red flag to me that she is either not cut out for the camaraderie or for that particular style of dance.  Either way I would think the director of a “world class” dance squad would consider that.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Some competitive studios don't allow their elite dancers to do high school pom/cheer teams. The time commitment is too great and they want them focused on real dance technique, not high school performances.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3