Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I don't hate Miranda. I just don't think she's the "total package"... But then again, none of them are. Well, maybe former DCC Maggie.

Maybe if Miranda fixed her uniboob (expensive), get a fresh new haircut, and stop using her grandma's rouge. I would be more tolerant of her.

2 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

I agree. Miranda gives of kind of a classic, mature vibe that some people seem to read as "old" but I don't see it that way. She strikes me as poised, intelligent, and authentic. 

I feel that Brennan too gives off that vibe. The difference is that Brennan's classic look is more refined, which Miranda lacks.

14 minutes ago, AsIf said:

I feel that Brennan too gives off that vibe. The difference is that Brennan's classic look is more refined, which Miranda lacks.

One is Grace Kelly and one is Rita Hayworth:)

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Ashley teeters on Drag Queen.

I’m probably going straight to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks...but I thought same thing 😂🙈. We just went to Lips (the drag queen review show - if you’ve never gone for a show you are missing out!) and the emcee the night we were there is a spitting image of Ashley. Still, both Ashley and Alexis (the drag queen) are gorgeous. I’m completely envious of their contouring skills.

Perhaps Ashley is past that phase of her life - the petty catty shit that girls sometimes fall victim to - but sometimes an unfortunate reputation follows you.  (Much like Victoria. Maybe you guys have heard of her.)

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Words!
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Hey Kitty Carter, how do you like them apples? 

If an individual chooses to be filmed for national television, then that individual chooses to be critiqued, even at 18-years-old. You don't want to be "lambasted by social media," as you say? Then, stop acting like an entitled brat on national television.

That's why I don't think Kelli and TPTB are favoring Victoria. She wouldn't allow her surrogate daughter to be depicted in that light. Cassie got an under the radar edit, why didn't Victoria?

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Sooo can I just add that I totally believe Lauren was supposed go be a 2GL? Especially since they’ve chosen Miranda who isn’t their prettiest (aka Alexis) or their strongest dancer (aka Gina) so that was probably because she’s mature and a good teacher. Who do you think was chosen to replace Lauren?

I know this is just speculation, but until we get something concrete to discuss we can have fun on our own 🙂

I actually think Lexie was promoted because Lauren left. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, AsIf said:

That's why I don't think Kelli and TPTB are favoring Victoria. She wouldn't allow her surrogate daughter to be depicted in that light. Cassie got an under the radar edit, why didn't Victoria?

Cassie wasn't stupid enough to do what she did when the cameras were rolling. Cassie was raised by a woman who has class and decorum. She was raised to mind her p & q's and not try to be the loudest in the room. 

Victoria gave them the footage and like all reality TV shows, they edited it for the ratings. Cassie would have gotten a similar edit if she did the same, but she was a low key mean girl. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Cassie wasn't stupid enough to do what she did when the cameras were rolling. Cassie was raised by a woman who has class and decorum. She was raised to mind her p & q's and not try to be the loudest in the room. 

Victoria gave them the footage and like all reality TV shows, they edited it for the ratings. Cassie would have gotten a similar edit if she did the same, but she was a low key mean girl. 

I respectfully disagree. Cassie was raised by a woman who freely gave out Cassie's ADHD meds like candy, to other DCCs who needed to loose weight and who had focus problems (Courtney Cook).

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Sooo can I just add that I totally believe Lauren was supposed go be a 2GL? Especially since they’ve chosen Miranda who isn’t their prettiest (aka Alexis) or their strongest dancer (aka Gina) so that was probably because she’s mature and a good teacher. Who do you think was chosen to replace Lauren?

I know this is just speculation, but until we get something concrete to discuss we can have fun on our own 🙂

My vote is Alexis got promoted. But who knows if Lauren would have been a 2nd leader? While I certainly think she was capable and would have been excellent I wonder if she would have had the time for the additional commitment and been able to do it with her existing injury. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AsIf said:

I respectfully disagree. Cassie was raised by a woman who freely gave out Cassie's ADHD meds like candy, to other DCCs who needed to loose weight and who had focus problems (Courtney Cook).

Let me make sure I am understanding this...you're accusing Judy of being an Adderall supplier? We aren't allowed to ask for receipts in this forum, so I won't---I just want to make sure I have the accusation correct. 

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Let me make sure I am understanding this...you're accusing Judy of being an Adderall supplier? We aren't allowed to ask for receipts in this forum, so I won't---I just want to make sure I have the accusation correct. 

Yeah I’m refusing to believe this about Judy. Period. 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

Yeah I’m refusing to believe this about Judy. Period. 

Right there with you.  I wouldn't touch this kind of inference.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 5

A lot of things have been inferred on this forum without receipts. We all pick and choose what we want to believe.

28 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

My vote is Alexis got promoted. But who knows if Lauren would have been a 2nd leader? While I certainly think she was capable and would have been excellent I wonder if she would have had the time for the additional commitment and been able to do it with her existing injury. 

The part about whether or not Lauren would have had time for 2nd GL duties has merit.  She was also part of SG which takes a lot of additional time commitment. 

My post above stating I would have loved to have seen Lauren as a 2nd GL was meant without the injury that caused her to retire.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

The part about whether or not Lauren would have had time for 2nd GL duties has merit.  She was also part of SG which takes a lot of additional time commitment. 

My post above stating I would have loved to have seen Lauren as a 2nd GL was meant without the injury that caused her to retire.

Show group doesn't take as much time as it used to though.  The girls aren't spending extra time learning the dance routines they used to take on the USO tours.  They learn routines for the DCC and fitness camps.  Still a time commitment, but not like it was.  

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Show group doesn't take as much time as it used to though.  The girls aren't spending extra time learning the dance routines they used to take on the USO tours.  They learn routines for the DCC and fitness camps.  Still a time commitment, but not like it was.  

My point was I was agreeing with what @Spunkyyy was saying could amount to more time commitment than she could have given.  Aside from SG.

Edited by go4luca
(edited)
excuse me wow GIF by Mashable

37 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

WOW....just....WOW! 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • LOL 2

Speaking of show group, who does everyone want/expect to see in show group this year? My list is based on the idea that all returning girls will be back and not in any order. I’m not the most impressed with the rookies yet, so I’m not putting them on there.

1. Heather

2. Maddie

3. Amy

4. Tess

5. Gina

6. Lexie

7. Hannah

8. Jalyn

9. Amber

10. Daphne

11. Bridget

12. Caroline (new)

13. Cianna (new)

14. Briana (new)

15. Ashlee (new)

16. Rachel W (new)

17. Alanna or Erin

• Love 1
20 hours ago, MTTFan said:

This is not directed to VK per se, but I would hate to have it in the back of my mind that the only reason I was named to something was because my relative had an in with one of TPTB.  On the other hand, one would have to be self aware to even reach that thought.

I would also hate to think that I would lose a friendship because I didn't hand the daughter of one of my friends, something that she hadn't earned and but expected it while demonstrating a crappy attitude and air of entitlement. Of course, if that friend hadn't aged well and was living vicariously through her daughter it may cause her to stop speaking to me because things didn't go the way she expected or thought they should.

and yes, people will probably still have it out for VK -- for the same reason, Cassie took so much crap when she was on the team.

I agree.  I know I always hated the "Fan Vote" for the same reason - great idea that turned into a popularity contest.  I'm glad I never had to endure anything like that because I didn't want to win something like that and always wonder if I would have ever made Training Camp that first time on my own merits and not just because I won a popularity contest (not that I ever WOULD win a popularity contest, though).  I agree with you about the "knowing someone" issue and the self-awareness.  It would also take self-awareness (and maturity) to tell someone that you want to do this on your own and you don't want any issues favoritism or nepotism to factor into a decision just because you know someone.  That's something that Tina and Victoria DON'T have (especially Tina to have put pressure on Kelli to make sure that Victoria got on the squad no matter what happens)

20 hours ago, Crazy4realityTV said:

I was avoiding posting until I had confirmation from another person but I’ve had a lot of PMs so I’ll share what I’ve been told.

The two cuts that were made, as of Wednesday, were Gina Marie & either Ashley Hancock or Julia Fife (I believe it was Ashley and pertained to flexibility and kicks). 

Again, not confirmed from 2 sources so it’s not an absolute. 

Well, that sucks for them, especially if they had to move to the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex from out of the area.  I wonder what the cuts were for especially since they came so close to the start of camp.  Still, I think there have been cuts in the second week so I'm not ENTIRELY surprised they would do this.  Plus, the girls are given feedback in camp so it shouldn't be a surprise (or not much of one).  There are some outliers, like Lily last year and other girls who are cut in their first office visit and/or on the last night of camp, mere minutes/hours from when the team is announced.

19 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

No. Victoria made Victoria look bad. I firmly believe that 100% of the reason why Victoria is the self entitled brat that she is, is because no one has ever put her feet to the fire and made her accept responsibility for her actions. Blaming it on the show and editing does the same thing. 

No one forced Victoria to get milkshakes after practice and put on excess weight. No one forced Victoria to lie to Kelli's face multiple times and try to throw Jinelle under the bus. Victoria chose not to go to a scheduled doctors appointment. Victoria chose to be a bad locker room mate and gossip. Victoria also chose to tell everyone she was a shoe in and she also chose to blurt out her disappointment for not making show group when her own place on the team wasn't solid. 

These are all things Victoria did and it's not even everything. If she were anyone else, she would have never made it back to finals let alone training camp. Her redemption mountain is unclimbable, imo. 

Victoria did a LOT of things last year, any one of which would have gotten any other girl blacklisted from EVER returning to Camp, much less in the combination that Victoria used.  The weight gain MIGHT have been the only exception and that would only occur if she came back in fantastic shape.   

18 hours ago, Tootie said:

And so it begins.... sorry in advance, but I don't listen to a lot of current music.

What is this song and who's the artist?!  (Thanks in advance and I'll probably ask about other songs in the near future! lol)

Travis dances better than some of the girls!  There's a move they do towards the end where the butt's back, the poms are down, the torso's forward and the legs are straight and they "bounce" three times.  Some would think that a guy would look weird doing that, but he doesn't.

7 hours ago, SingleMom9 said:

If they had uniform fittings this week, I wonder if that was a factor? They always says it’s “so” important.

I think Julia is my favorite also.

Yes, they said uniform fittings are "so" important, but Dayton had a figure that was PERFECT in the uniform (and no weight issues), but that didn't help her any while Victoria was spilling out of hers, but Kelli was trying to figure out how to keep it on her long past the time any other girl would have been booted out of camp for not looking good in the uniform/gaining weight.

5 hours ago, AsIf said:

I'm grateful that my 18 year old mistakes were not documented on national TV and then lambasted by social media.

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones" 

There are a LOT of people in Victoria's age range who put their mistakes on social media (and some of those antics either get them arrested or put on some national cable channel due to the stupidity of it).  Also, that particular sub-set of age group are generally immature and lack a general sense of awareness that they aren't the most important person on the planet or whatever their idea is.  Life usually smacks them upside the head early enough that they survive to hit the mid-twenties.  The rest either crash and burn or burn out entirely.  I realize this is a generality, but it seems to hold true from what I've seen.  

• Love 11

I honestly really didn't think Cassie looked bad her vet year. I thought her dancing was good kicks were decent and she had a good figure. But what do I know I'm not a dancer. Her mean girl stuff if true is a different story but she looked worlds better than VK did last year. Easier to justify her making the team. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

It doesn’t surprise me either, and I don’t want to see that kind of drama brought to DCC.

Who was the other DCC that was rumored to have slept with someone’s bf years ago? Dang it! After my stroke I have the hardest time remembering stuff. 

You know who I wish would come back? Katelyn from LSU. She was such a good dancer, and I know she had a bad reference or whatever, but was it possibly Cerstyn? Is she really that reliable?  Of course, as my Grandpa said, if you wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

I don’t know who I’m pulling for yet because I don’t know enough about them. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, J-R said:

Agree. Agree.  Agree. And Thank you for  the chart update. 

AGREE with this so much! I feel like I don't know hardly ANY of the returning vets from last year because they didn't really focus on many of them, it was all the "Victoria and Dayton Show." They used to give nice little glimpses into many of the TCC. Wish they would do that again.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, J-R said:

Agree. Agree.  Agree. And Thank you for  the chart update. 

I hate to say it without knowing their personalities but they all seem to kind of blend, so far.  Sadly, that seems like the direction the DCC has been going for the last few seasons.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KTUCKER20 said:

I honestly really didn't think Cassie looked bad her vet year. I thought her dancing was good kicks were decent and she had a good figure. But what do I know I'm not a dancer. Her mean girl stuff if true is a different story but she looked worlds better than VK did last year. Easier to justify her making the team. 

I remember Cassie sobbing because she messed up at finals and sent Judy a text that said, "Sorry mom". That took self-awareness. 

Victoria has none. 

42 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

Who was the other DCC that was rumored to have slept with someone’s bf years ago? Dang it! After my stroke I have the hardest time remembering stuff. 

You know who I wish would come back? Katelyn from LSU. She was such a good dancer, and I know she had a bad reference or whatever, but was it possibly Cerstyn? Is she really that reliable?  Of course, as my Grandpa said, if you wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

I don’t know who I’m pulling for yet because I don’t know enough about them. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

She did? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dccfan321 said:

Speaking of show group, who does everyone want/expect to see in show group this year? My list is based on the idea that all returning girls will be back and not in any order. I’m not the most impressed with the rookies yet, so I’m not putting them on there.

1. Heather

2. Maddie

3. Amy

4. Tess

5. Gina

6. Lexie

7. Hannah

8. Jalyn

9. Amber

10. Daphne

11. Bridget

12. Caroline (new)

13. Cianna (new)

14. Briana (new)

15. Ashlee (new)

16. Rachel W (new)

17. Alanna or Erin

I'm positive Caroline was on showgroup last year, and I thought Cianna was too? 

(edited)
3 hours ago, AsIf said:

Between Cassie & Victoria?!?! I’ll take Vicky any day...how y’all feel about Victoria is how I still feel about “C”...blah! 

Very mature, huh? It’s like I reverted back to h.s. & my disdain for the blonde girl with the resting bitch face...ugh!

Sorry...I better take a break from this group...HaHa!!!

Edited by BBK2
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

I'm positive Caroline was on showgroup last year, and I thought Cianna was too? 

No, it was Amber, Jayln, Bridget, Daphne and Hannah. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, AsIf said:

Kelli may be a "producer" of the show but she doesn't have final edit approval -- that's up to CMT (and probably Charlotte as President of the Cheerleaders and executive with the Dallas Cowboys organization) so it is not an issue of Kelli allowing a bad edit.

As far as "favoring" VK, did you watch last season?  Have you read the board from last year?  VK fell in her audition, gained 11 pounds during camp, lied about going to a doctor and was known to throw other candidates and staff under the bus.

As far as Cassie getting an under the radar edit -- did you see the scene where Jay questioned whether or not anyone else would be allowed preferential treatment? Also, Cassie did get an under the radar edit, it was because of she was a four-year vet, who walked into auditions with a brace on her knee. VK hadn't even made the team but had the audacity to express disappointment when she didn't make show group.

Finally, if VK got a bad edit but was favored by TPTB -- it can't be both and you can't edit in what isn't there.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 12

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lisa Mills (former Mavs) handles the DCC style.  She looks strong in the few Michelle Key's videos I've seen.  She could also be a potential rookie to make SG.

• Love 5

Not sure if this means anything, but both Julia and Gina Marie posted Instagram stories about being home. So, it’s possible that the speculation is true and they were the first two cut.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Jessa0984 said:

Not sure if this means anything, but both Julia and Gina Marie posted Instagram stories about being home. So, it’s possible that the speculation is true and they were the first two cut.

Today is an off day Julia was never cut 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Today is an off day Julia was never cut 

Thank you for the clarification. I saw her name previously listed a day or so ago along with Gina Marie and Ashley, so if Julia’s name was cleared off that post, I apologize. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AsIf said:

I do not believe this for one minute -- if only because you can buy any number of Adderall substitutes right off Amazon  -- also as far as the inference goes not only does this comment color Judy it also colors Cassie - which is not fair to either one.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I remember Cassie sobbing because she messed up at finals and sent Judy a text that said, "Sorry mom". That took self-awareness. 

Victoria has none. 

She did? 

Regarding Katelyn, I remember someone posted that she may have gotten a bad reference from girls that knew her previously. She cheered for LSU like Cersten and Erica and I know they had their issues ha. A lot of people don't like Cersten and all. I don't know if it's true but it was speculated because Katelyn got so much praise for everything but her look and didn't make it to camp.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MTTFan said:

Kelli may be a "producer" of the show but she doesn't have final edit approval -- that's up to CMT (and probably Charlotte as President of the Cheerleaders and executive with the Dallas Cowboys organization) so it is not an issue of Kelli allowing a bad edit.

You wonder who edited the scene with Milan and who had the idea to start with.  Let's turn this uncomfortable scene with Kitty picking on Milan and make it look like we support her getting an education.

Regarding VK, I was surprised at some of the scenes - ie showing her tummy up close, criticizing her pink dress (even though it was deleted) - at that point, who is editing cause if it's Charlotte, that's quite the turn around from awwww, she fell out of her turns.  And when Kelli watched the eps, was she surprised at how she was portrayed, and is that why Judy was defensive on social media.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You wonder who edited the scene with Milan and who had the idea to start with.  Let's turn this uncomfortable scene with Kitty picking on Milan and make it look like we support her getting an education.

Regarding VK, I was surprised at some of the scenes - ie showing her tummy up close, criticizing her pink dress (even though it was deleted) - at that point, who is editing cause if it's Charlotte, that's quite the turn around from awwww, she fell out of her turns.  And when Kelli watched the eps, was she surprised at how she was portrayed, and is that why Judy was defensive on social media.

Agreed -- I don't think that Kelli has any say in how the edits are made 

As for Charlotte's turn around -- she might have been able to excuse a fall out of a turn but after seeing everything play out during camp maybe not so much.

On the other hand (and I can hardly believe that I am saying this) CMIT needed a villain and VK provided them the ammunition to be that villain and they ran with it. (they have always had a someone who was on the bubble (Katelyn Legrand, MacKenzie, Megan F Viviian, Karissa) but they never made a season of them.

As far as Judy getting defensive on social media, you and I know that there were insiders on the board last year (some known and some unknown) and information on what was going in camp did not paint any of the players in a favorable light which explains the social media lockdown this year- that and the fact that those insiders have retreated into internet obscurity.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

information on what was going in camp did not paint any of the players in a favorable light 

Exactly!!  Did they get to see the eps early or when the rest of the world did?  And of course, the alleged behavior by Kelli towards Judy telling her to keep her mouth shut.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jessa0984 said:

Thank you for the clarification. I saw her name previously listed a day or so ago along with Gina Marie and Ashley, so if Julia’s name was cleared off that post, I apologize. 

It’s ok 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TexAg11 said:

With all the talk of VK, why has no one brought up the fact that Alex Pena’s dad is a huge donor and supporter of the DCC and the Cowboys

Probably cause she's tried out before and didn't make the squad.  If she were to make it over more qualified TCC's, than perhaps it will be brought up.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, TexAg11 said:

With all the talk of VK, why has no one brought up the fact that Alex Pena’s dad is a huge donor and supporter of the DCC and the Cowboys? 

8BAFD98F-8EA1-402A-A05F-31CB12C105C6.jpeg

I think part of it is because she seems determined to make it on her own and not using her connection to make the team.  She also seems mature and professional.

• Love 11