Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, HookEmHorns said:

Idk I think the people they chose for Media days was clearly about looks. They picked a “bouquet” of looks as kelli loves to do. And they were all those that TPTB loves to show off in the calendar. Just the fact that Savannah was in the triangle convinced me that Media Days isn’t a big hint as to triangle positions moving forward. But regardless I am surprised Heather wasn’t in there for all the same reasons. 

If this is posted in later pages (I'm on p69) I apologize in advance--Heather, Amy, Tess, and Maddie were at the CMT Awards with Kelli and Judy. That's why they weren't in the media days videos. Also, from past trips to the CMT Awards shows, K&J usually take the Group Leaders for the year. Looks like these 4 will be the Group Leaders.

Edited by Louimo2005
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

My first husband (now deceased) was a very successful contractor.  He always told me ditch diggers were just as important as any other employee, if not more so.  

Maybe most of these girls in the back are quite content where they are.  They still are an important part of a TEAM.  I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with that.  What a cat fight it would be if all of them wanted to be up front.

12 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Yes, the team needs girls who some derisively call "blenders." Girls who can dance this style well and help the team look in sync. Girls with a variety of other skills, such as being supportive in the locker room and being professional at the highest level corporate appearances. Girls who are reliable and drama-free. Teams need Hufflepuffs as much as they need Gryffindors.

12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Totally agree!  Some don't have the time or inclination to be group leaders or show group members, but are still team players.

12 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Really the pregame is a small fraction of what the girls do. When they are in their corners for the whole game and when they do the quarter changes they are very visible. Appearances, smaller performances, those things count too. Even if the team was full of Ginas, some of them will have to be in the middle. 

I get what you guys are saying, but working to improve their dancing not only shows Kelli and Judy that they're willing to go above and beyond, but keeps them fresh in the minds of area teachers who, if contacted by outsiders, can testify to certain aspects that others are looking for in terms of if they'll suit a job: overall talent, certain skills, work ethic, personality, behavior, etc. for the after-DCC life, especially if they keep working at it.  I remember hearing something that stood out when reading a story about another part of the dance world: that, even if you're stuck in a group and having to dance every day as one of a dozen or more and as part of the background, still do the best that you can do, ask questions of others, ask another dancer who does something better than you tips and techniques to improve, pay attention and strive to improve every single day.  That way, if something comes up, you'll be fresh in the minds of those who have to make decisions about who to choose for what position, for special events, for a lot of things.  In addition, they have a lot of guest choreographers come in and if a girl has both the training, the technique and that special something when she dancers for the choreographer, that person just may remember her when it comes time for a music video, as a backup dancer, a special performance, etc.

If you guys want, I'll try to explain it better/differently later.  I was up too early this morning after not enough sleep last night.

Edited by EricaShadows
20 hours ago, tteek74 said:

Also, say what you want about Victoria. She does look better, her hair is still a hot mess, and her dancing may have improved. I haven’t seen it. HOWEVER, the way she treated Jinelle, other TCC, and the overt favoritism and nepotism, and her LYING and still getting back into training camp and getting a Barbie show me we are due for “more of the same.” I have been on the boards for 6-7 years probably, and that was the worst situation I’ve ever seen. Chelsea got cut for saying, “the fatties are still on the team,” to her friends in the locker room. Tara got cut for being “toxic”. Olivia got cut for being “toxic.” Yet, Victoria gets away with alllll that shit and she’s a shoo-in. F me sideways; that’s not right. Sorry. 

Then Kitty. I know she knows her stuff, BUT she lost me the day she said Victoria deserved the respect to get the weight off. Oh, but all those fantastic dancers who came before her didn’t???!!! Hannah? Allie? Grace Sells? There are more I am sure.

I won’t watch this season and I won’t attend a game while she’s on the squad (she’ll be a five year girl, point, pro bowl, I’m certain). I know I’m just one person, but I do have principles and I don’t support lying manipulators and that includes the directors and Victoria.

I understand they see her through a lens of family, but that’s the problem. K and C can’t separate “work” from “home” and its very obvious. 

I like how everyone flipped because she looks better. Tigers don’t change their stripes, y’all.

THIS!  That is exactly my feelings on Victoria.  To quote:  "The overt favoritism and nepotism, and her LYING and still getting back into training camp and getting a Barbie show me we are due for “more of the same.”

THIS is exactly why I called my cable provider and had CMT and it's package taken off my TV.  I will follow along here and read posts of this upcoming season's VK MTT but refuse to partake in watching a repeat of Season 13.  That was the worst season ever and I can't even stomach going back and rewatching the episodes.

• Love 10

We know that they group the girls by "category" during finals. What interests me is the idea of replacement. when a DCC retires, or has mediocre performance, do the purposely look for someone of her type to replace her? It's not something I've really thought about before.

We know they do this with redheads. To my knowledge, 2006 is the only year they've been without a redhead since the show started. And of course they do it with woc (though we've seen this year, they don't seem to be concerned with how many are on the team.) But do they do it with others as well? Is Ashley a glam replacement for Tasha? Is there a buff little blonde to replace Kelli? An outgoing country girl to replace KaShara?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

two of my three faves 🙂 just need Bridget in the pic !! 

I really think Brennan does not realize she always photographs with her head down ... I think she is a great but when she takes photos she looks through her brows and it makes her look crossed eyed ... I thought they advised her to make sure she lifts her chin up 

• Love 1
On 6/5/2019 at 6:37 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Never mind, answered my own question.

Talk about mustard😂

So is this a hint at the group leaders for this season??? Amy and Maddie were last year Heather was 2nd leader .... was Tess ???? I'm still thinking Heather or Amy for the tip of the triangle .. dont think it will be Gina .... but hey who really knows LOL!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

So is this a hint at the group leaders for this season??? Amy and Maddie were last year Heather was 2nd leader .... was Tess ???? I'm still thinking Heather or Amy for the tip of the triangle .. dont think it will be Gina .... but hey who really knows LOL!!!

Tess was a second leader this past season

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Who's the smart one?

Amongst the rookies? They are all pretty much unknowns at this point, right?

I will say, the team hasn't had a member they prop up as a "genius" since Melissa and Amy T. who both were very accomplished in STEM fields. Oh and let's not forget Cersten whose narrative arc was all about going to med school. I feel like they were kinda trying to do that with Daphne last year with her whole mock UCLA commencement during TC. And Kristen's fluency with ALS was impressive. We know Ashlee aims to be a pediatric physical therapist.

This is part of the problem with the show...we never really get to know anything substantive about the TCCs. What they studied in college, what their career goals are, etc. I know there are interesting stories there! I wish the show would highlight them more.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

How can they know who the GL are when TC has just begun?

Well I don’t think they have that many candidates anymore. I guess they know who’s going to be a GL from the start but they need more time to figure out the seconds.

2 hours ago, lah715 said:

Last years group leaders- Heather was not one. 

The year before she was 

But there aren't that many senior girls left, so we are just guessing that Maddie, Tess, Amy and Heather will be group leaders. 

• Love 2

Just a total aside ....but Amanda Dilks has been reminding me of someone and at first I thought it was Taylor Swift...but the minute my daughter looked at her pic..she said Aly Michalka...and I think that's exactly who she reminds me of.  🙂 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I get what you guys are saying, but working to improve their dancing not only shows Kelli and Judy that they're willing to go above and beyond, but keeps them fresh in the minds of area teachers who, if contacted by outsiders, can testify to certain aspects that others are looking for in terms of if they'll suit a job: overall talent, certain skills, work ethic, personality, behavior, etc. for the after-DCC life, especially if they keep working at it.  I remember hearing something that stood out when reading a story about another part of the dance world: that, even if you're stuck in a group and having to dance every day as one of a dozen or more and as part of the background, still do the best that you can do, ask questions of others, ask another dancer who does something better than you tips and techniques to improve, pay attention and strive to improve every single day.  That way, if something comes up, you'll be fresh in the minds of those who have to make decisions about who to choose for what position, for special events, for a lot of things.  In addition, they have a lot of guest choreographers come in and if a girl has both the training, the technique and that special something when she dancers for the choreographer, that person just may remember her when it comes time for a music video, as a back up dancer

Who says they aren't trying to improve on their dancing?  We're just saying that to some girls it's not an end all, be all if they aren't point, or show group or group leaders.  Some may just be grateful to be on the field at all.  This might be a lifelong dream, a chance to continue performing after college, their last dancing gig before they get married or start a career.  They may not care about a dancing career or an outside opportunity, cause they have a full time job or a child, or college, etc.  For now, they are enjoying their time as a DCC and the opportunity to perform.  And some girls may not appear to us to be improving on the field, but K&J see something and that's why they bring them back.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

We know that they group the girls by "category" during finals. What interests me is the idea of replacement. when a DCC retires, or has mediocre performance, do the purposely look for someone of her type to replace her? It's not something I've really thought about before. 

We know they do this with redheads. To my knowledge, 2006 is the only year they've been without a redhead since the show started. And of course they do it with woc (though we've seen this year, they don't seem to be concerned with how many are on the team.) But do they do it with others as well? Is Ashley a glam replacement for Tasha? Is there a buff little blonde to replace Kelli? An outgoing country girl to replace KaShara?

I suppose it's just too much to ask to expect them to pick the top 36 dancers, isn't it?  TBH, searching for replacements would just be a pain in the you know what.  You might find an outgoing country girl, but will she dance like KaShara?  Be as well liked as KaShara amongst the other girls?  And what about the fans who didn't like KaShara, will they welcome another outgoing country girl?  Will there be so many comparisons that the new "KaShara" is uncomfortable.  The best thing is to pick 36 girls who can dance, represent the squad and bring something to the table...er, field.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

K & J know who will be group/2nd leaders well before training camp even starts. Based on what they have done in the past, we can make pretty good guesses on who they will be (barring any future Jenna/Holly/Erica snafus -- and, even then, Jenna remained a group leader).

• Love 2

I've been on these boards for 3+ years now, though I mostly just lurk.  

Re-watching season 13 and I wanted to pop in to say how struck I was, upon re-watch, by Kelli's response to Scott-the-weatherman's comments re; VK.

"I put double checks on the dance, and I wouldn't want to be in her group." *uncomfortable laugh*

Whoa, that really belies the whole "sisterhood" theme the DCC likes to pretend is paramount, doesn't it?  Right out of the director's mouth.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, An Offt said:

I put double checks on the dance, and I wouldn't want to be in her group." *uncomfortable laugh*

I took it as Kelli meant she wouldn't want to be performing next to VK cause Kelli considered her to be such a great dancer😂

Edited by scorpio1031
forgot laughing emoji
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Last year on June 10 Amy L posted on her IG account that she made GL.  We should expect to hear who was chosen pretty soon, I imagine some time next week since TC started a bit late this year.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I took it as Kelli meant she wouldn't want to be performing next to VK cause Kelli considered her to be such a great dancer😂

That's exactly what she meant by it, like she was so good that performing next to her she'd be overshadowed

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh, that's how I took it too!  But I've always subscribed to the idea that you can't BE the best unless you BEAT the best.

If I were a DCC I'd want to be right next to (and in the group of) the best dancers so that I could soak up any and all tips and tricks, and those are the girls I'd want as my "sisters" too, so as to learn anything they might be able to teach me.

That statement seemed to make it clear that Kelli would rather be the best of a bad bunch than blend in with great dancers, and that is SO telling when it comes to the culture of the DCC.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, An Offt said:

Oh, that's how I took it too!  But I've always subscribed to the idea that you can't BE the best unless you BEAT the best.

If I were a DCC I'd want to be right next to (and in the group of) the best dancers so that I could soak up any and all tips and tricks, and those are the girls I'd want as my "sisters" too, so as to learn anything they might be able to teach me.

That statement seemed to make it clear that Kelli would rather be the best of a bad bunch than blend in with great dancers, and that is SO telling when it comes to the culture of the DCC.

I never thought of it that way.  Well put:)

4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I think the answer is probably yes and no. I would be surprised if they get that specific (trying to find someone who looks like Kelli), but I imagine that they try to plug weaknesses, which are created by certain vets leaving. If they lose a lot of girls who were show team members and good at tricks, then I think they may look for dancers who have that technical ability, whereas if they lost a lot of vets who were power dancers, they may focus more on that. That type of “replacement” - more than trying to find replacements for actual cheerleaders.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

She did? Sorry, I missed that....🤔.  Was that brought up on the show or insider info here (that I most likely missed completely)?

They told her on the show that it was because she wasn't being strong enough of a dancer anymore, and they didn't like her hair.

(edited)
42 minutes ago, An Offt said:

I don't think it was a true sentiment (i.e., if Kelli ever really felt that way about another dancer), but  more that Kelli was mostly just trying to convince Scott (and herself, most likely) how "great" a dancer Victoria is -- "she is so awesome that even I, the ^great Kelli" would be shaking in my boots to dance next to her." 

Most dancers wouldn't want to dance next to Victoria, not because she is so great, but because she doesn't stay in her own space.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't think it was a true sentiment (i.e., if Kelli ever really felt that way about another dancer) , but  more that Kelli was mostly just trying to convince Scott (and herself, most likely) how "great" a dancer Victoria is -- "she is so awesome that even I, the ^great Kelli" would be shaking in my boots to dance next to her." 

Most dancers wouldn't want to dance next to Victoria, not because she is so great, but because she doesn't stay in her own space.

Maybe that's true, but then that just goes to show how dumb Kelli is willing to make herself look in order to shoehorn VK onto the team.

She needs to stop digging herself deeper into the VK hole.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 minutes ago, An Offt said:

Maybe that's true, but then that just goes to show how dumb Kelli is willing to make herself look in order to shoehorn VK onto the team.

She needs to stop digging herself deeper into the VK hole.

Definitely. Victoria walked in the door, all of Kelli's common sense/credibility walked out . . .

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I feel like VK is the sort that your eye goes to (for good or bad reasons), not necessarily because she is (or isn’t) a good dancer.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Ashley’s country accent doesn’t quite rival Kashara’s, but it is definitely there.  And as for smart, many of the girls besides Daphne also have college degrees.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Who says they aren't trying to improve on their dancing?  We're just saying that to some girls it's not an end all, be all if they aren't point, or show group or group leaders.  Some may just be grateful to be on the field at all.  This might be a lifelong dream, a chance to continue performing after college, their last dancing gig before they get married or start a career.  They may not care about a dancing career or an outside opportunity, cause they have a full time job or a child, or college, etc.  For now, they are enjoying their time as a DCC and the opportunity to perform.  And some girls may not appear to us to be improving on the field, but K&J see something and that's why they bring them back.

True.  

• Love 1

Re: the girl categories 

I don’t think K, J & C do it to the precision that Suzanne did it. And I don’t think they replace. But I do think that the girls do tend to be sorted though, almost after the fact, when they make their bouquet. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AAT said:

They told her on the show that it was because she wasn't being strong enough of a dancer anymore, and they didn't like her hair.

Hmm I did miss that then.  Thanks. 🙂

(edited)

Hey ladies...LUV this Website & LUV y’all!!! I’m trying to keep up here & I do have a few questions...

1. What lies did VK tell? I’ll have to admit, I stopped watching MTT midway last season, so I’m trying to catch up.

2. Someone (a few pages back) mentioned ‘the Milan effect’, I guess as it pertained to Social Media...

3. What is TBTP?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by BBK
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, BBK said:

3. What is TBTP?

The Powers That Be ( ppl like Kelli Finglass, Judy Trammel, Charlotte J. Anderson - I'm guessing)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
48 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

The Powers That Be ( ppl like Kelli Finglass, Judy Trammel, Charlotte J. Anderson - I'm guessing)

image.png.0024bb9cfb9d53e2a905882e4975cede.png

1 hour ago, BBK said:

Hey ladies...LUV this Website & LUV y’all!!! I’m trying to keep up here & I do have a few questions...

1. What lies did VK tell? I’ll have to admit, I stopped watching MTT midway last season, so I’m trying to catch up.

2. Someone (a few pages back) mentioned ‘the Milan effect’, I guess as it pertained to Social Media...

3. What is TBTP?

Thanks in advance 

1. Things to do with her weight -- questionable on alleged thyroid condition; doctor's appt the DCC set up specially for her said alleged thyroid condition; ignoring/blowing off Jinelle & making her cry.

2. Milan did a podcast on why she felt she had to quit the DCC (see former thread for details), thus bringing about a supposed moratorium on social media posts by the DCC/TCC.

3. The Powers That Be (Kelli, Judy, Charlotte).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

1. Things to do with her weight -- questionable on alleged thyroid condition; doctor's appt the DCC set up specially for her said alleged thyroid condition; ignoring/blowing off Jinelle & making her cry.

2. Milan did a podcast on why she felt she had to quit the DCC (see former thread for details), thus bringing about a supposed moratorium on social media posts by the DCC/TCC.

3. The Powers That Be (Kelli, Judy, Charlotte).

Let’s not forget that Jinelle booked her a doctor’s appointment and she lied that she went, which is also stupid.

Let’s also recall that the only time a girl has been offered medical/professional assistance to lose weight was a way to advertise a service and kinda humiliating to the girls like Brittany who was thinner than VK is now. Meanwhile, she was dcc overweight to begin with ans managed to gain 11 pounds during tc and all that dancing, but she was offered a chance to fix it privately:

• Love 4

It will be interesting to see how Kelli talks about VK this year.

Remember that she was so excited last year because she thought everyone was going to fall in love with VK, and how that blew up in her face. Maybe she will refrain from effusion and just speak about her professionally. 

Maybe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

The Powers That Be (Kelli, Judy, Charlotte).

HaHaHaHa...TPTB...I LUV IT!!!

As for VK...I remember seeing that episode, with her & Jinelle, but by then I had already checked out...I heart Jinelle too!!! It’ll be interesting now to see how VK behaves now...I wonder if she’s aware of how people really feel about her...

As for Milan...ohhhhh...little girl!!!

Thanks everyone for answering my questions...y’all crack me up too & I enjoy reading every entry.

• Love 4
(edited)

On top of the weight issues and clumsy dancing from VK early on, my problem with Kelli was in addition to all that, she called VK in the office because VK wasn't dancing up to DCC's standards (as low as they were for VK herself).

In response, VK said she was disappointed she didn't get SHOW GROUP! WHAT GIRL?!?!   I mean, come on, that was clearly a red flag from any TCC early in camp.  If it were anyone else, Kelli would have dismissed them immediately for being too immature and not a team player.

I feel bad for all the other girls this season if VK makes the team, as clearly VK has her own set of rules, which can be broken without repercussions.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 13
On 6/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, rafibomb said:

I guess I'm not sure why it insults the talent and hard work of black and Asian cheerleaders to categorize them as such, but it doesn't insult blondes, redheads, etc. 

I agree that it can be considered insulting to categorize the cheerleaders by any physical characteristic, but since that's exactly what we're assuming is happening, are race and hair color that different?

Yes. The simplest way to look at it is that hair color can be changed, race cannot. Race consists of more characteristics than just skin tone. Hair color is simply the color of your hair - natural or from a bottle.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

Yes. The simplest way to look at it is that hair color can be changed, race cannot. Race consists of more characteristics than just skin tone. Hair color is simply the color of your hair - natural or from a bottle.

Obviously they are different in a larger societal context- my question was whether Kelli and Judy consider them differently when assembling their "bouquet of cheerleaders." I don't believe they do.

6 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Obviously they are different in a larger societal context- my question was whether Kelli and Judy consider them differently when assembling their "bouquet of cheerleaders." I don't believe they do.

The only time I think they consider that is if they have more than one. 

On 6/9/2019 at 9:51 AM, IzzyEnd said:

I am so with you on that. Although, I am positive she has a much healthier life now mentally and physically.

I just don't see what is so difficult in being fair. All the talk of people making it on their own merit is horsecrap and everyone honest knows it. I am still sour over that cut, but grateful she has a better fuller life without control freaks in it. I really believe DCC life is only comfortable for "some". I can't help but feel as though its a life of constant threats in one way/form or another. Just like the "benefits" don't extend equally to all, or it seems that way. 

I think, and I hope I am not the only one, but it seems to me that the best part of being a DCC is the life afterwards. Look at how they are all still constantly being celebrated by management, or getting high paying jobs with the team, traveling as all stars for the team, invitations to just about everything. Seems to me life is pretty darn good for a former DCC!

• Love 4