Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Tootie said:

This picture and commentary on her IG made me laugh!

2019-06-12 (9).png

I got to meet her last summer. She is just as funny and sassy in person. Love that commentary!😂

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I agree with the initial post tho that it’s no more insulting to group women by race than hair color in this context. 

Nah race is more insulting bc you can change your hair color easy, but can’t change race.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

I got to meet her last summer. She is just as funny and sassy in person. Love that commentary!😂

You mean she would make a terrific guest for the These Boots podcast???  Oh, Courtney........

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Boot buddies 

CFFFD46B-C6AC-4135-B31A-815A1CB24834.jpeg

7748CF09-E0D5-4DDB-AE4B-1CE88D6E17EB.jpeg

The girl in between Tess and Erin looks 12 yrs old.

33 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Nah race is more insulting bc you can change your hair color easy, but can’t change race.

If race can’t be changed but hair color can be, why is it more insulting to group people by race? For what it’s worth, I don’t think either is insulting in the context of how K&J make formations and try to create a bouquet of different looks bc I think they look at both factors (along with other physical factors).

However, in a broader sense (beyond what I perceived to be what the original conversation was about), I think reducing ppl to hair color is more insulting, especially bc hair color isn’t even viewed the same between different races. If Brianna dyes her hair blond, she’s still not going to fit the picture of a “blonde” in American society, like Lexie does for instance. Each to his own tho. People certainly have different viewpoints on race/identity/etc, and that’s fine.

4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amy handles the questions effortlessly.  She continues to impress me.  Still love how she laughed off picking the wrong dance as a GL after 3 seconds of listening to the DJ's music choice during quarter change practice last year.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Amy handles the questions effortlessly.  She continues to impress me.  Still love how she laughed off picking the wrong dance as a GL after 3 seconds of listening to the DJ's music choice during quarter change practice last year.

Like it's been said before, now with KaShara and Lacey retired, we will see other girls shine.  I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I would like to see Amy at point.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

On the IG post before this, she says something about coming back to choreograph this season.  

Maybe she'll be one of the "guest" choreographers.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

On the IG post before this, she says something about coming back to choreograph this season.  

In addition I choreography, She also mentioned encouraging them on their journey.  Maybe she is replacing Melissa (fingers crossed).

• Love 6
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

In addition I choreography, She also mentioned encouraging them on their journey.  Maybe she is replacing Melissa (fingers crossed).

Since she says "plot twist," I'm going to speculate that she is going to sit in on practices and then get a stool like Judy's (not a director's chair Like Kelli!!) and be part of the "cut night" conversations to help tamp down the nepotism accusations. 

Replacing Melissa wouldn't be a bad thing.  I don't find her as irritating as many people do, but I do struggle with her appearance -- during judging she seems to make some attempt, but when she is interacting with TCC, her hair looks unwashed and her outfits look like she's about to mow the lawn. 

Edited by PattiD4DCC
update
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I thought that was Kash that picked the wrong choreo.  Amy went down into the jump split when she wasn't supposed to and when Kelli brought it up, she giggled and Kelli told her off.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Opine said:

I thought that was Kash that picked the wrong choreo.  Amy went down into the jump split when she wasn't supposed to and when Kelli brought it up, she giggled and Kelli told her off.

Amy picked a country dance for some music that ended up not being country.  That's what I'm remembering but I'm multi tasking so it's possible one or more of my cylinders isn't firing properly.

Kash did pick a slow dance  or something off for some music once.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2

Amy is a great spokesperson, same as Heather. Tess seemed a bit nervous but I guess that was her first time on the spotlight as a gl/senior vet.

I want to see Jen’s choreo for DCC honestly. I don’t like her choreo because it looks awkward to me and I really can’t imagine it with poms. She does look great in her own choreo but it doesn’t work for me. She will kill it as a mentor though.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Since she says "plot twist," I'm going to speculate that she is going to sit in on practices and then get a stool like Judy's (not a director's chair Like Kelli!!) and be part of the "cut night" conversations to help tamp down the nepotism accusations. 

The problem is that anyone involved with the DCC organization is going to be seen as either trying to keep their job, or make K&J happy, support the organization, etc.  It's not just a matter of nepotism anymore.  

3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Amy picked a country dance for some music that ended up not being country.  That's what I'm remembering but I'm multi tasking so it's possible one or more of my cylinders isn't firing properly.

That's what I remember as well.  Never mind other GL's have done it in the past, it seems that lately they will pick on someone each year for picking the wrong music.  I don't know how they can even hear the music.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Amy is a great spokesperson, same as Heather. Tess seemed a bit nervous but I guess that was her first time on the spotlight as a gl/senior vet.

I want to see Jen’s choreo for DCC honestly. I don’t like her choreo because it looks awkward to me and I really can’t imagine it with poms. She does look great in her own choreo but it doesn’t work for me. She will kill it as a mentor though.

I believe semis choreography was by Jen, didn't Tiffany Talia Ferro post her doing it?

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

She will kill it as a mentor though.

What they need is someone who has been thru the process, made the squad and is willing to explain to them what K&J mean, or who is willing to nitpick.  When Melissa was working with Megan C one time, they were pointing out those little things that the girls didn't realize they were doing.  Melissa also explains how the girl is blending when all K&J say it they are boring.

6 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I believe semis choreography was by Jen, didn't Tiffany Talia Ferro post her doing it?

This is Jenn's choreo
Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Replacing Melissa wouldn't be a bad thing.  I don't find her as irritating as many people do, but I do struggle with her appearance -- during judging she seems to make some attempt, but when she is interacting with TCC, her hair looks unwashed and her outfits look like she's about to mow the lawn. 

HA! I love your description of Melissa. The first few years, she looked like she stumbled out of the Juniors dept., Big Gulp in hand. Now if I had a bod that could fit in the Juniors dept. still, I'd be thrilled so perhaps I'm jealous. But it always annoyed me. You don't have to wear Alfred Dunner (a polyester doubleknit Belk classic) to dress closer to your age and rock it.

The best she looked was at auditions last year when she was wearing more professional clothes and had a cute haircut to go with it. But then at the weird session with the woman who did a lot of stretches (sorry I can't remember her name), she looked like she was back in the Juniors dept. again.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Now if I had a bod that could fit in the Juniors dept. still, I'd be thrilled so perhaps I'm jealous

I'm the same way.  During the calendar shoot, I was thinking some of the those girls are just too skinny - and of course, I would love to be just too skinny!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tootie said:

This picture and commentary on her IG made me laugh!

2019-06-12 (9).png

These sizes seemed extremely tiny to me but then I realised you have different sizes in the US! And they're still mad! XL is a size 10 over here? That's usually a small! Being naturally slim is fine but these are impossible standards, especially for grown women.

• Love 2
On 6/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, IzzyEnd said:

I know last year Judy got pissy on Twitter. And Kelly also got snippy when gentlemen challenged her that it was too much favoritism and she replied' I think we can all agree all these ladies a talented" or something like that. This guy blasted her back saying something like "fans are not stupid we see the double standards...blah blah blah..., something along those lines I believe. Someone correct me, it was Judy who got snappy right? Any remember the exact comment. She quickly deleted her defensive post as I recall. after realizing it crossed the lines and exposed her further. Oh, I wish someone could find those old posts. But it sounds like the trend continues and we are in for more bull surrounding VK. Geeze, I hope not.

PS-Don't trust my tired old brain. I may be getting some details mixed up. So hopefully someone else responds to your post too.

We need a locked thread where everyone can put summaries of the hot topics covered so the poor newbies and those who took a hiatus can catch up without figuring out which page it’s on 😂 examples: Kalyssa, Chelsea, Olivia, Jenna, Holly, Erica, Cassie and a certain legacy candidate. No commenting, just briefs on historic and iconic DCC MTT moments. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

These sizes seemed extremely tiny to me but then I realised you have different sizes in the US! And they're still mad! XL is a size 10 over here? That's usually a small! Being naturally slim is fine but these are impossible standards, especially for grown women.

Definitely don't go by these, a normal XL is an american 14-16 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Definitely don't go by these, a normal XL is an american 14-16 

XL is usually the same here but I have noticed sizes have got smaller. A small was once 10-12, now it's 6-8 even though the average size has gone from a 12 to a 16! What madness!

8 hours ago, Kayce said:

For me it's Gina, hands down.  I actually really like Victoria....unpopular opinion I know.

Ah, don't feel bad. As I said in an earlier post, if she buckles down, adults get out of the way and let her fairly carve out her own outcome. We may find we like her. It's hard though when others insert themselves. I think part of that poor girl is trying to please everyone and may not have a clue how to be a fulfilled young woman on her own terms independent of DCC universe. If she can be a gracious TCC, support all and use her favor to benefit others, people might warm up. But that is something within VK control. I hope she can do that AND keep the fitness/weight under control, so she is being held accountable as well.

All of that can happen outside of VK lovers or VK haters. People can't help being negative if you misrepresent someone to favor them with bias. So that is a lesson the adults need to perfect within themselves apparently.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thank goodness they “found their words”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

We need a locked thread where everyone can put summaries of the hot topics covered so the poor newbies and those who took a hiatus can catch up without figuring out which page it’s on 😂 examples: Kalyssa, Chelsea, Olivia, Jenna, Holly, Erica, Cassie and a certain legacy candidate. No commenting, just briefs on historic and iconic DCC MTT moments. 

OMG yes yes yes yes yes....because my old brain also decides to walk out in protest of being overworked too. We do need a sleuth/guru/DCC thread for dummies author....  :) May not happen, but to those that are willing to answer repeat questions and recap things over and over....THANKS, we newbies appreciate it a lot.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

What they need is someone who has been thru the process, made the squad and is willing to explain to them what K&J mean, or who is willing to nitpick.  When Melissa was working with Megan C one time, they were pointing out those little things that the girls didn't realize they were doing.  Melissa also explains how the girl is blending when all K&J say it they are boring.

This is Jenn's choreo

I actually hated this routine. It may be me, but last years seemed better. The movements just look a bit oddly put together. Like recycled moves, we see in nearly every DCC routine. But perhaps that is exactly the point, and this is yet another display of idiotville gone wild by @IzzyEnd

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Reading through comments - Alannah mentioned her being her leader....... I'm guessing they have their groups now?? 

Sounds like it cause Alanna was in Amy's group last year.  

6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Which Jen?

Jennifer Colvin

• Love 1
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Like it's been said before, now with KaShara and Lacey retired, we will see other girls shine.  I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I would like to see Amy at point.

My picks are Heather or Amy ... you are not alone on that 🙂

• Love 7