Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Is Gina the young girl who just graduated?    I thought she was cute as a button. I mean why even take them if you’re going to cut them in a week, or 8 days. Usually they get at least get two or three weeks. Unless they have some nasty pictures their ex sent to Kelli and Judi? Or perhaps a 15 pound weight gain? I mean, I feel like I could do that in a week. I’m a champion eater.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Just thinking out loud since nothing is confirmed, but didn't they just have finals a week and a half ago where they did a kick line.  

My understanding was flexibility was not there, including the jump split at the end of the kickline. It’s possible they took her to TC because of her dance ability and beauty with the hopes she would be able to improve kicks enough to make the team. 

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Crazy4realityTV said:

My understanding was flexibility was not there, including the jump split at the end of the kickline. It’s possible they took her to TC because of her dance ability and beauty with the hopes she would be able to improve kicks enough to make the team. 

I feel like these cuts happened fast! I hope it wasn’t Julia—I really like her. 

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Crazy4realityTV said:

Can you improve that much in less than two weeks though?  I guess that's why I was wondering.  It just doesn't seem like that much time and there are still 10 weeks to go.  Oh well..…..I hope they consider coming back next year.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

I feel like these cuts happened fast! I hope it wasn’t Julia—I really like her. 

Me too, she’s my cousins best friend and I’m so rooting for her.  

4 minutes ago, aubshart said:

I don’t think it’s very reasonable to expect someone to change their flexibility in less than 2 weeks. If that were the case in this situation. 

It can be done, if you stretch a lot and I used to practice kicks with weights on.  

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, aubshart said:

I don’t think it’s very reasonable to expect someone to change their flexibility in less than 2 weeks. If that were the case in this situation. 

I don't think kicks would be the only reason -- look at MacKenze or Alex or Christina.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, klh25 said:

Me too, she’s my cousins best friend and I’m so rooting for her.  

It can be done, if you stretch a lot and I used to practice kicks with weights on.  

Really??  I guess if you are already sort of there, it should improve faster.  You learn so much on this board:)

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

Is Gina the young girl who just graduated?    I thought she was cute as a button. I mean why even take them if you’re going to cut them in a week, or 8 days. Usually they get at least get two or three weeks. Unless they have some nasty pictures their ex sent to Kelli and Judi? Or perhaps a 15 pound weight gain? I mean, I feel like I could do that in a week. I’m a champion eater.  

If it was Gina who was cut maybe it’s s blessing. I didn’t know how she was going to juggle her smu classes with the DCC schedule (like Milan). 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Really??  I guess if you are already sort of there, it should improve faster. 

The thing is, to even audition and expect a chance of making TC, you have to be there or darn close.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

The thing is, to even audition and expect a chance of making TC, you have to be there or darn close.

True.  It's just that they have the same amount of time for TC that they had last year and first game isn't until end of August.  However, I do admit I have stated on this board, that with Kelli being so wishy washy last year, and dragging everything out, and stressing everyone out, that I hoped a final squad would be picked much faster this year so they can get to business.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

This is not directed to VK per se, but I would hate to have it in the back of my mind that the only reason I was named to something was because my relative had an in with one of TPTB.  On the other hand, one would have to be self aware to even reach that thought.

I would also hate to think that I would lose a friendship because I didn't hand the daughter of one of my friends, something that she hadn't earned and but expected it while demonstrating a crappy attitude and air of entitlement. Of course, if that friend hadn't aged well and was living vicariously through her daughter it may cause her to stop speaking to me because things didn't go the way she expected or thought they should.

and yes, people will probably still have it out for VK -- for the same reason, Cassie took so much crap when she was on the team.

Got big hair and DON'T CARE. LMAO!

17 minutes ago, PunchPowerPop said:

Oh cool to see Tina Kalina is on this board! 

🙄😂

Would TK reference Half Baked. Lol!

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

True.  It's just that they have the same amount of time for TC that they had last year and first game isn't until end of August.  However, I do admit I have stated on this board, that with Kelli being so wishy washy last year, and dragging everything out, and stressing everyone out, that I hoped a final squad would be picked much faster this year so they can get to business.

Every year some things are different.  Some are the same.  I think due to the later start and knowing they have fewer spots open, they may be moving things along faster.  Or they recognize certain girls are not good fits.  Maybe they learned something from last year. Who knows.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:
What is this song and who's the artist?!

‘Grown Woman’ by Beyonce

Check out the video on YouTube...catchy & obviously danceable 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

No. Victoria made Victoria look bad. I firmly believe that 100% of the reason why Victoria is the self entitled brat that she is, is because no one has ever put her feet to the fire and made her accept responsibility for her actions. Blaming it on the show and editing does the same thing. 

No one forced Victoria to get milkshakes after practice and put on excess weight. No one forced Victoria to lie to Kelli's face multiple times and try to throw Jinelle under the bus. Victoria chose not to go to a scheduled doctors appointment. Victoria chose to be a bad locker room mate and gossip. Victoria also chose to tell everyone she was a shoe in and she also chose to blurt out her disappointment for not making show group when her own place on the team wasn't solid. 

These are all things Victoria did and it's not even everything. If she were anyone else, she would have never made it back to finals let alone training camp. Her redemption mountain is unclimbable, imo. 

I wish I could love this x1000

Icky Vicky!

It’s such a waste - she might be really great if she had some discipline and accountability around her.

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, Tootie said:

And so it begins.... sorry in advance, but I don't listen to a lot of current music.

What is this song and who's the artist?!  (Thanks in advance and I'll probably ask about other songs in the near future! lol)

It’s Beyoncé and I think the title is “grown woman” or something like that 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yes she does for sure 

I’m new here. Caught up on most of the conversation. Have been watching this show since season 1. 

Love Amy, definitely think she’ll be GL 1. I wonder why the girls aren’t posting who are group leaders. They have posted every other year and are putting comments on Instagram about being in groups. I wonder if this is a CMT thing or what? Since the show is focused on the rookies who are trying to “make the team” they usually gloss over the girls who’ve worked hard for group leader. 

Edited by Tvfangirl89
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Tvfangirl89 said:

I’m new here. Caught up on most of the conversation. Have been watching this show since season 1. 

Love Amy, definitely think she’ll be GL 1. I wonder why the girls aren’t posting who are group leaders. They have posted every other year and are putting comments on Instagram about being in groups. I wonder if this is a CMT thing or what? Since the show is focused on the rookies who are trying to “make the team” they usually gloss over the girls who’ve worked hard for group leader. 

From what Ive been reading and such Amy is gl heather is gl Maddie is gl of group 2 not sure abt the other but I think it’s tess 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why is Savannah in group 1 and Bridget in group 3 or 4 (since Maddie is confirmed group 2)?

Because Sav is part of Amy’s group which is rumored to be group 1.  They always shift the girls and what groups they’re in each season.

Or am I not tracking what you mean?

(edited)
4 hours ago, Tootie said:

And so it begins.... sorry in advance, but I don't listen to a lot of current music.

What is this song and who's the artist?!  (Thanks in advance and I'll probably ask about other songs in the near future! lol)

I hate that stupid jump/bounce move. It looks like something a second grader would not do because it's lame. Makes me laugh to see Travis get naughty with the poms. 😆 He is so blessed cute. 🤩

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, tteek74 said:

Or perhaps a 15 pound weight gain? I mean, I feel like I could do that in a week. I’m a champion eater.  

Yep, I can't get on Vic's case for that, I've done that at her age.  Obviously it's a different situation, I wasn't auditioning for DCC, but still, I understand stress eating.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Just thinking out loud since nothing is confirmed, but didn't they just have finals a week and a half ago where they did a kick line.  

It was Gina Marie and Ashley Hancock.  Julia is definitely still there.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Because Sav is part of Amy’s group which is rumored to be group 1.  They always shift the girls and what groups they’re in each season.

Amy, Maddie, Heather, and Tess are GLs

Miranda, Lexie, Alexis, and Gina are second GLs

In that order-1,2,3,4- blondes with brunettes 

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why is Savannah in group 1 and Bridget in group 3 or 4 (since Maddie is confirmed group 2)?

do you mean because sav is not as good of a dancer as bridget and G1 is usually best dancers? i'm hoping it's like sav said in the note - she's with one of the best dancers (amy) and amy is also the most patient and encouraging.  i think she's a great fit with sav.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

do you mean because sav is not as good of a dancer as bridget and G1 is usually best dancers? i'm hoping it's like sav said in the note - she's with one of the best dancers (amy) and amy is also the most patient and encouraging.  i think she's a great fit with sav.

Yeah ( @go4luca) that’s what i meant. I guess it makes sense when you put it that way.

They shouldn’t have paired Maddie with Lexie. That will make her look even younger and well, not dcc sexy.

Any news on the triangle yet?

12 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yeah ( @go4luca) that’s what i meant. I guess it makes sense when you put it that way.

They shouldn’t have paired Maddie with Lexie. That will make her look even younger and well, not dcc sexy.

Any news on the triangle yet?

I agree but Lexie was in Maddie’s group last year so maybe they work well together? Tess is  stunning but not my favorite dancer, I wonder if working/dancing with Gina she will up her game. Amy and Miranda are kinda run of the mill dance wise so I guess that works. Heather’s ok and Alexis could step it up a bit, maybe she will make show group this year?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bennie said:

Amy, Maddie, Heather, and Tess are GLs

Miranda, Lexie, Alexis, and Gina are second GLs

In that order-1,2,3,4- blondes with brunettes 

Thanks for the info!! Any idea why Gina and Ashley were cut? I’m assuming either low kicks or not picking up the DCC style of dance...?

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

Wouldn’t it be great if Bridget is 2nd GL to Heather?  It’s the first thing I though when they posted the pic together  with their boot buddy. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, J-R said:

Wouldn’t it be great if Bridget is 2nd GL to Heather?  It’s the first thing I though when they posted the pic together  with their boot buddy. 

Never mind. Just saw the post confirming leaders. 

And so it begins.  My annual cross off.  Thank you for the updates.  I love reading the comments on here so much, I will be extremely patient about buying the season this year after last year’s painful mess.  

It feels like they pick an extremely obnoxious character to create and follow each season and it has become so tiresome watching season after season of this on the show.  Even if things are taken “out of context“ the girls are still providing them something to film.

I just wish the the show understood there is enough built in suspense rooting for girls to make the team and everything else is just unnecessary filler.  I honestly would prefer a 5 minute short intro to different girls each week until we have met them all (new TCCs and returning vets) 15-20 minutes of dance/cheering and 2 minutes of end of show meetings/cuts.

B4F6F7D5-9750-4429-A4F8-8B5FC84385DF.jpeg

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

Thanks for the info!! Any idea why Gina and Ashley were cut? I’m assuming either low kicks or not picking up the DCC style of dance...?

If they had uniform fittings this week, I wonder if that was a factor? They always says it’s “so” important.

43 minutes ago, KaterynParr said:

Oh, good! My daughter is a Julia, so I’m rooting for her.

I think Julia is my favorite also.

• Love 3