Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And changing up point every game probably isn't as easy as we think it is.  I mean, look at Emma, a seasoned pro, having a hard time remembering where she is and what counts to follow.  

Oh I don't think it's easy. Relearning formations as well as which counts to go on for every move they do in a ripple is not easy. It can be especially difficult to overcome the muscle memory that kicks in, telling you to go on counts 3,4 when your new spot in the formation means you now need to go on 1,2. But "the best of the best" should be able to handle it, shouldn't they?  Particularly if they have an entire week to rehearse, and we're talking about switching up the 3 or 4 best dancers, not the entire team.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

we're talking about switching up the 3 or 4 best dancers, not the entire team.

Someone else mentioned using gameday girl as point, so I was also thinking of that.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

Ok I can't hold out any longer. Add me to the growing PM request list. Info is good, informed minds are even better.

5 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Ooo!! Please put me on that PM list!!

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 6.16.59 PM.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I think having the game day girl be point is easier said then done because game day girl isn’t determined until the day of. So essentially the triangle would have to be made (with a point girl) then the day of the Game day girl and the person originally at point would just switch? I think that could throw things off especially when they circle up prior to the kick line. Tess, Taylor, Erin, Hannah, and Miranda are all placed near each other in the triangle (middle) and are next to each other in the kick line (again middle). Everyone has a certain position to be at for the circles and if a girl in the back and point girl swap for a game they could have a lot of ground to cover in the few seconds they have to get there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Monique said:

I think having the game day girl be point is easier said then done because game day girl isn’t determined until the day of. So essentially the triangle would have to be made (with a point girl) then the day of the Game day girl and the person originally at point would just switch? I think that could throw things off especially when they circle up prior to the kick line. Tess, Taylor, Erin, Hannah, and Miranda are all placed near each other in the triangle (middle) and are next to each other in the kick line (again middle). Everyone has a certain position to be at for the circles and if a girl in the back and point girl swap for a game they could have a lot of ground to cover in the few seconds they have to get there. 

Here are the Game Day Girls from last year and where they were in the triangle.  It would be a logistical nightmare.  And, I can already hear people's comments about Gina and Miranda being point! lol

2019-06-08 (7).png

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

Been on vacation and come back to social media silence. Booooo

Puh-leeeze someone post something!!!  The only thing I've seen is that Alexis, Rachel, Bridget and Heather are moving in together - today was moving day.  And it looks like Jennifer C is back in town for something.  Is she working with the rookie TCC's?  Are we going to see here choreo since Michelle K has moved?

• Love 5
(edited)

If there is a mandated social media moratorium it's a foolish move on the part of TPTB. Viewers will loose interest in watching the show.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, loveaux said:

Kat is hilarious lmao I love watching her instasnaps. She reminds me of me 🤣

I like how she posted on Mia's IG that she was upset at missing Jackie Bob at the first meeting.  Jackie B posted back that she saw her and let her know if she needed anything.  So sweet:)

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I like how she posted on Mia's IG that she was upset at missing Jackie Bob at the first meeting.  Jackie B posted back that she saw her and let her know if she needed anything.  So sweet:)

I saw! ugh, I just love Jackie, love Mia, and love Kat. Jackie is such a sweetheart and literally one of the best DCC to ever DCC.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, loveaux said:

I saw! ugh, I just love Jackie, love Mia, and love Kat. Jackie is such a sweetheart and literally one of the best DCC to ever DCC.

And she cheered for the 49'ers!!  Sorry, but that's my hometown team:)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

And she cheered for the 49'ers!!  Sorry, but that's my hometown team:)

And she was the 49s pro bowl girl and dcc pro bowl girl 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Puh-leeeze someone post something!!!  The only thing I've seen is that Alexis, Rachel, Bridget and Heather are moving in together - today was moving day.  And it looks like Jennifer C is back in town for something.  Is she working with the rookie TCC's?  Are we going to see here choreo since Michelle K has moved?

I believe so !! She’s awesome 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They stopped the whole veterans will be back on the squad if they make tc In season 3 I believe they called all vets into the locker room and had a meeting with them told them to get it together or face being cut from the team that they are eligible to be cut this year 

Yeah but it wasn’t that common to see a vet get cut during tc. I don’t think we can say for sure that this is common now unless it happens again this year. I think we all agreed that last year’s vet cut was uncalled for...

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yeah but it wasn’t that common to see a vet get cut during tc. I don’t think we can say for sure that this is common now unless it happens again this year. I think we all agreed that last year’s vet cut was uncalled for...

I am so with you on that. Although, I am positive she has a much healthier life now mentally and physically.

I just don't see what is so difficult in being fair. All the talk of people making it on their own merit is horsecrap and everyone honest knows it. I am still sour over that cut, but grateful she has a better fuller life without control freaks in it. I really believe DCC life is only comfortable for "some". I can't help but feel as though its a life of constant threats in one way/form or another. Just like the "benefits" don't extend equally to all, or it seems that way. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

I’ve finally caught up.

first to clarify, Haley Anderson has Jerry Jones features, but she is not ugly. She looks better than some of these collagen lipped, overly made up, orange girls we see. I was just remarking she looks more like Jerry than her mother.  Favors would have been a better word I guess. Shoot me.

Also, say what you want about Victoria. She does look better, her hair is still a hot mess, and her dancing may have improved. I haven’t seen it. HOWEVER, the way she treated Jinelle, other TCC, and the overt favoritism and nepotism, and her LYING and still getting back into training camp and getting a Barbie show me we are due for “more of the same.” I have been on the boards for 6-7 years probably, and that was the worst situation I’ve ever seen. Chelsea got cut for saying, “the fatties are still on the team,” to her friends in the locker room. Tara got cut for being “toxic”. Olivia got cut for being “toxic.” Yet, Victoria gets away with alllll that shit and she’s a shoo-in. F me sideways; that’s not right. Sorry. 

Then Kitty. I know she knows her stuff, BUT she lost me the day she said Victoria deserved the respect to get the weight off. Oh, but all those fantastic dancers who came before her didn’t???!!! Hannah? Allie? Grace Sells? There are more I am sure.

I try not to say bad things about the girls, I really do. However, this year two concern me. I am extremely worried about Daphne and notice very few pictures of her.  The other is Victoria. I have no respect for people who lie and cheat their way through life. Even if you look like a DCC, you will never be one to me.

I won’t watch this season and I won’t attend a game while she’s on the squad (she’ll be a five year girl, point, pro bowl, I’m certain). I know I’m just one person, but I do have principles and I don’t support lying manipulators and that includes the directors and Victoria.

I understand they see her through a lens of family, but that’s the problem. K and C can’t separate “work” from “home” and its very obvious. 

I like how everyone flipped because she looks better. Tigers don’t change their stripes, y’all.

whew, I’ll shut up now. The slate isn’t wiped clean for me. Just because you lost a few pounds doesn’t make you a better person. 

Anyone who knows me on these boards knows I’m not usually like this, but I can’t with her. Beast of bethuselah is right.

You are my Queen. I bend the knee.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, tteek74 said:

I’ve finally caught up.

first to clarify, Haley Anderson has Jerry Jones features, but she is not ugly. She looks better than some of these collagen lipped, overly made up, orange girls we see. I was just remarking she looks more like Jerry than her mother.  Favors would have been a better word I guess. Shoot me.

Also, say what you want about Victoria. She does look better, her hair is still a hot mess, and her dancing may have improved. I haven’t seen it. HOWEVER, the way she treated Jinelle, other TCC, and the overt favoritism and nepotism, and her LYING and still getting back into training camp and getting a Barbie show me we are due for “more of the same.” I have been on the boards for 6-7 years probably, and that was the worst situation I’ve ever seen. Chelsea got cut for saying, “the fatties are still on the team,” to her friends in the locker room. Tara got cut for being “toxic”. Olivia got cut for being “toxic.” Yet, Victoria gets away with alllll that shit and she’s a shoo-in. F me sideways; that’s not right. Sorry. 

Then Kitty. I know she knows her stuff, BUT she lost me the day she said Victoria deserved the respect to get the weight off. Oh, but all those fantastic dancers who came before her didn’t???!!! Hannah? Allie? Grace Sells? There are more I am sure.

I try not to say bad things about the girls, I really do. However, this year two concern me. I am extremely worried about Daphne and notice very few pictures of her.  The other is Victoria. I have no respect for people who lie and cheat their way through life. Even if you look like a DCC, you will never be one to me.

I won’t watch this season and I won’t attend a game while she’s on the squad (she’ll be a five year girl, point, pro bowl, I’m certain). I know I’m just one person, but I do have principles and I don’t support lying manipulators and that includes the directors and Victoria.

I understand they see her through a lens of family, but that’s the problem. K and C can’t separate “work” from “home” and its very obvious. 

I like how everyone flipped because she looks better. Tigers don’t change their stripes, y’all.

whew, I’ll shut up now. The slate isn’t wiped clean for me. Just because you lost a few pounds doesn’t make you a better person. 

Anyone who knows me on these boards knows I’m not usually like this, but I can’t with her. Beast of bethuselah is right.

It's true. The seriousness of her behavior really does bother me. It was never dealt with honestly and it still feels super raw to me. It sickens the stomach type raw. I kind of see things in separate buckets.

Regardless of how great or improved VK is now. How she handled herself last year should have resulted in the same outcome less favored girls suffered. From the oh poor girl fell out of her turns to, not addressing flopping her body over a table unprofessionally, the whole situation made my gut hurt for girls being mistreated. Talk of being toxic. Kelly was the most toxic to me. A storm leaves damage....so that so-called beautiful storm, is not beautiful to someone whose entire life was blown apart.(Tara). What's that meme...DISGUSTING!!!!!

On to bucket two. The only way to mentally tolerate this year is to isolate what I am seeing now. It's a shame I have to pretend last year never happened. Clearly, that is what they are expecting. Getting another barbie sends a terrible message. But oh well.

If they repeat the offenses to fans again this year I will no longer support the show or organization. If they fail to clean up last years mess, I may do the same. Its all up to Kelly and the others to be transparent, classy adults and deal with it as mature human beings.....or do what we expect and proliferate unethical biased behavior that is self-serving once again. Can they live up to the standards themselves they force unto others? Let's see.

Again, since we ARE going to be force-fed VK Hammer Time. I will be happy if she at least becomes a gracious, comforting, supportive teammate. If she cancels the storm and becomes a rainbow to shelter others. That would be the true success story. For now, just don't throw a flabby patty at us and call it the Tuesday Night Special. Give me the house special DCC, and we will all be happier for once. The last 3 years have been disappointing in the leadership behavior profile.

The best outcome is everyone earn their spot.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, Tootie said:

Here are the Game Day Girls from last year and where they were in the triangle.  It would be a logistical nightmare.  And, I can already hear people's comments about Gina and Miranda being point! lol

2019-06-08 (7).png

This chart has me thinking. Ideally, as girls continue to make the team and become 2nd, 3rd, 4th year veterans and so on with the experience they get with the dcc style as well as their technique Tuesday’s (where they bring in teachers of all genres) shouldn’t they in theory be moving up each year?? I’m not saying every girl will jump to the triangle but seeing Veterans consistently in the back  (like the second to last row) is kind of disappointing. I can get it if they’re a second year, but after that - what are you not picking up? Clearly they’re enough to make it back each year and outperform other girls who don’t make the squad but this is something that has never made sense to me. Anybody care to add or explain? Lol

17 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

This chart has me thinking. Ideally, as girls continue to make the team and become 2nd, 3rd, 4th year veterans and so on with the experience they get with the dcc style as well as their technique Tuesday’s (where they bring in teachers of all genres) shouldn’t they in theory be moving up each year?? I’m not saying every girl will jump to the triangle but seeing Veterans consistently in the back  (like the second to last row) is kind of disappointing. I can get it if they’re a second year, but after that - what are you not picking up? Clearly they’re enough to make it back each year and outperform other girls who don’t make the squad but this is something that has never made sense to me. Anybody care to add or explain? Lol

I don’t think it has anything to do with ability. Show group girls are always in the front so that explains why some vets get pushed back. Then Tess for example was quite far back even though she was in SG probably because of her height. I honestly think that unless you’re in the triangle or in the second row then it just doesn’t matter where you end up. They barely get photographed or featured in the jumbotron anyway.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Because of the two most recent years, the rookie's technique has been excellent and surpassed many of the vet's.  Not every member of the squad is going to be a stellar dancer.  Some may hang in just enough to make it back but did they improve?  Not always.  There will always be blenders and those girls just aren't going to advance.

I'm enjoying the new crop of technique and strength rookies of recent years have brought.  I think it makes many (though not all) of the rest of the squad work harder to come up to their level.  I respect seniority but if your dance caliber isn't up to being moved closer to the front, then I don't see it warranted.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Because of the two most recent years, the rookie's technique has been excellent and surpassed many of the vet's.  Not every member of the squad is going to be a stellar dancer.  Some may hang in just enough to make it back but did they improve?  Not always.  There will always be blenders and those girls just aren't going to advance.

I'm enjoying the new crop of technique and strength rookies of recent years have brought.  I think it makes many (though not all) of the rest of the squad work harder to come up to their level.  I respect seniority but if your dance caliber isn't up to being moved closer to the front, then I don't see it warranted.

Thanks for this! I agree with your take on this fresh technique & don’t think just because you’re a senior veteran you get pushed up to the front, but dang if I was on the team I’d be embarrassed to be so far towards the back so many years in. I guess it always just strikes me because Alexis is drop dead gorgeous but isn’t of the best dancers on the squad. If DMD Ashley makes the team I think she’ll be the same way should she make it back for years to come. 

I get it though lol just a thought that occurred to me when you see Alexis & Miranda towards the back, hidden. It’s like “Oh, okay. They’re way back there.”

22 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t think it has anything to do with ability. Show group girls are always in the front so that explains why some vets get pushed back. Then Tess for example was quite far back even though she was in SG probably because of her height. I honestly think that unless you’re in the triangle or in the second row then it just doesn’t matter where you end up. They barely get photographed or featured in the jumbotron anyway.

Yeah, I guess. But as 3rd year veteran or higher, you should be getting that exposure. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Tara got cut for being “toxic”

She did? Sorry, I missed that....🤔.  Was that brought up on the show or insider info here (that I most likely missed completely)?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
fixed punctuation
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tteek74 said:

If Victoria lost weight, and I'm not sure she has but it could just be her build, can she KEEP it off?  She came in last year looking fluffy and GAINED 11+ pounds.  Granted, I don't know how hard she was trying to keep it off based on the rumors we heard of her guzzling milkshakes and eating things she shouldn't be if she was REALLY trying to keep the weight of, but she should have been doing SOMETHING about it.  I wonder if part of her issues with Jinelle partly stemmed from Jinelle asking her to keep a food diary/tracker and Victoria knew that, if she was honest about everything she ate, it would say tell Kelli that any story about "clean eating" or "healthy eating" was straight up a lie.  Most people do know that french fries are NOT a vegetable even if they are made out of potatoes and no, fish are NOT healthy if they've been boiled in oil before shoving them into your trap.

I do agree with you that, had anyone done even a fraction of what Victoria had done last season, they would have been booted out of Training Camp so hard they would have a permanent imprint of Kelli's high-heeled shoes on their ass and told never to darken the DCC doorstep again.  Other girls have been booted for much less (Ika's, Karissa Lynae's and Carla's pictures come to mind along with the other examples you mentioned) so to see her not only invited back to Training Camp but given a Barbie for the second time?  Grrrr. . . Kitty lost a lot of love the day she told Kelli and Judy to give Victoria "respect she deserves" as well as time to get the weight off.  That might have flown better if Kitty hadn't called out 5 vets (including Nicole Bulcher) in front of the rest of the squad for gaining weight, if she hadn't told Kelli that Veronica Lind and Hannah had gained weight, if Kitty hadn't basically chewed out multiple girls for gaining weight over the years, including those who had gained 5 pounds or less.  Liz Reuter was pulled into Kelli's office mere weeks (I think it was the second week or so of Camp) and told to lose weight.  She didn't and was gone in two weeks (maybe less), yet Victoria gets pulled into the office, what, week 5 or 6 and told to lose 11+ pounds in a matter of 2 weeks or so?  Not going to happen in a healthy matter in that span of time if you're going to put a uniform on her at the end of those two weeks.  Both Kitty and Kelli lost what little respect I had for them at that point.

They're consistently inconsistent about what they choose to enforce.  Girls they favor can slide with lower kicks or weight gain while girls they don't favor/like will either get put on weight warning and kicked off at the end of the year or kicked out in Training Camp (and maybe even somewhere in between depending on how bad the infraction is).

28 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

It's true. The seriousness of her behavior really does bother me. It was never dealt with honestly and it still feels super raw to me. It sickens the stomach type raw. I kind of see things in separate buckets.

Regardless of how great or improved VK is now. How she handled herself last year should have resulted in the same outcome less favored girls suffered. From the oh poor girl fell out of her turns to, not addressing flopping her body over a table unprofessionally, the whole situation made my gut hurt for girls being mistreated. Talk of being toxic. Kelly was the most toxic to me. A storm leaves damage....so that so-called beautiful storm, is not beautiful to someone whose entire life was blown apart.(Tara). What's that meme...DISGUSTING!!!!!

On to bucket two. The only way to mentally tolerate this year is to isolate what I am seeing now. It's a shame I have to pretend last year never happened. Clearly, that is what they are expecting. Getting another barbie sends a terrible message. But oh well.

If they repeat the offenses to fans again this year I will no longer support the show or organization. If they fail to clean up last years mess, I may do the same. Its all up to Kelly and the others to be transparent, classy adults and deal with it as mature human beings.....or do what we expect and proliferate unethical biased behavior that is self-serving once again. Can they live up to the standards themselves they force unto others? Let's see.

Again, since we ARE going to be force-fed VK Hammer Time. I will be happy if she at least becomes a gracious, comforting, supportive teammate. If she cancels the storm and becomes a rainbow to shelter others. That would be the true success story. For now, just don't throw a flabby patty at us and call it the Tuesday Night Special. Give me the house special DCC, and we will all be happier for once. The last 3 years have been disappointing in the leadership behavior profile.

The best outcome is everyone earn their spot.

Both Kelli and Victoria forgot to leave the rest of the world, including their relationship, at the door.  I was told growing up that, no matter what happened outside of work (barring a death in the family, serious illness of myself or immediate family member, or accident) was to be left outside the moment I walked through the door to work.  Didn't matter who I knew or what happened, it was left there and ignored until the moment I left work and stepped back through that door.  I didn't trust Kelli after what happened the year before, but had given her some slack because everything that happened with Jenna, Holly and Erica was because of their own choices and had little to do with her.  Then, when I saw the favoritism and nepotism happening with Victoria yet giving Dayton the raw end of the deal in terms of treatment, I knew it was an issue with Kelli (though Dayton was trying her hardest to be professional and mature while Victoria was . . . not).  Every place I worked where I was in the public eye (and Kelli, Judy and Charlotte are exposing the DCC management to the public eye with the show), I was expected to be mature and professional and called on the carpet if I wasn't.  Why hasn't Kelli been called on the carpet for her behavior?  

10 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

We've been told over and over again that the girls are expected to improve every year and yet girls who haven't are brought back onto the squad while others aren't.  Christina is going into her third year on the squad and is still in the second-to-last row.  Yes, she's in an outside spot, but she should be better than she is to be there and she's not.  She's a blender at best and not even the best blender.  If you're not improving enough to move forward after your rookie year, especially with a new crop of girls coming in every year (especially with the quality of dancers, Victoria excluded, that showed up both this year and last year), then maybe you should think about either improving in every way or moving on.

19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Frankly, if the girls are content on just resting where they are and not improving, then Kelli and Judy should really look at what else said girls are bringing to the squad.  If they're blenders (in more than just dance) then if it's a tough year with cuts to be made, they should really look at cutting a blender vet, especially if a rookie candidate (excluding Victoria) is looking particularly strong across the board.  Between Finals and First Meeting, Kelli and Judy (if we still trust Kelli's judgement at this point) should really scrutinize the vets.  Where were they in the triangle last year?  Where would we likely put them this year?  If they aren't moving further up the triangle, why not?  Have they improved in dance? If not, why not?  Are there injuries, flexibility issues, memory mistakes, do they blend?  How are they off the field?  How are they perceived in the locker room by the other girls?  What does the rest of the staff think about them?  How are they on appearances? What do those who request the appearances have to say about the girls sent?  What do the sponsors think about the girls?  Is a veteran taking extra dance classes, working out, eating healthier, etc.  If a girl is just blending, then maybe it's time she goes on a list of those veterans who are up for being cut, especially if a rookie candidate is better at many of the same situations.  It could be that a veteran is complacent about it since she made it back to Training Camp.  It could be that the veteran isn't pushing herself to be better. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

7653F338-9B22-4629-A773-10B1E3CF400C.jpeg

I don't think anyone's been cut (yet), but can't quite tell.  Can anyone else?  I don't think there's been a cut the first week of camp since Carla was cut during the second night of camp the only time she auditioned, but I could be wrong.

Just now, EricaShadows said:

I don't think anyone's been cut (yet), but can't quite tell.  Can anyone else?  I don't think there's been a cut the first week of camp since Carla was cut during the second night of camp the only time she auditioned, but I could be wrong.

No cuts all still there 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, tteek74 said:

I’ve finally caught up.

Will you marry me?!?! :-))))

Move over Kitty, we have a LEGITIMATE "tell it like it is" commentator here.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Can some explain the blue and pink colors on the chart for the triangle?? Thanks!

Throwing around the idea of changing up point for each game - someone suggested that game day girls be point.  So the pink spots are the game day girls for last year, and their location in the triangle.  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Yes, the team needs girls who some derisively call "blenders." Girls who can dance this style well and help the team look in sync. Girls with a variety of other skills, such as being supportive in the locker room and being professional at the highest level corporate appearances. Girls who are reliable and drama-free. Teams need Hufflepuffs as much as they need Gryffindors.

Totally agree!  Some don't have the time or inclination to be group leaders or show group members, but are still team players.

• Love 7

Really the pregame is a small fraction of what the girls do. When they are in their corners for the whole game and when they do the quarter changes they are very visible. Appearances, smaller performances, those things count too. Even if the team was full of Ginas, some of them will have to be in the middle. 

• Love 8
Just now, LaurelleJ said:

Really the pregame is a small fraction of what the girls do. When they are in their corners for the whole game and when they do the quarter changes they are very visible. Appearances, smaller performances, those things count too. Even if the team was full of Ginas, some of them will have to be in the middle. 

Thank you 😊 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

yet still manages to separate herself, by choosing not to lean in like everyone else. So she "pops" UGH

Serious question: are you being serious or is this sarcasm?

• Love 2

Since there's nothing new on SM, I'll contribute a topic for discussion. Let's do this SAT-style: read the passage below, and and then answer the reading comprehension questions, LOL.

From "Deep in the Heart of Texas" by the Scholz sisters:
"Each girl's "look"  was part of the big scheme, the heart of the Cheerleaders' image. That's how Suzanne was able to plug into the fans' obsessions. She was a genius at making it work.

Each girl appealed to a certain segment of the crowd. There was the long-haired blonde, the girl with the ponytail, the pigtail girl, the tall brunette, the perky little brunette, the bouncy blonde, the sultry redhead, the freckle-faced strawberry blonde, the African-American girl, the Asian girl, the short girl, the tall girl. There was the quiet one, the sexy one, the sporty one, and the dark and mysterious one. Suzanne had one of every kind.
The squad as made up of so many different types that just about everybody's fantasy could be fulfilled.
As Suzanne got rid of one girl, she filled her spot with a look-alike. The clone of that obsession. In tryouts she would put together two girls who were similar. The best of the two would be selected. Even if both were sensational it didn't matter. She replaced girls with other girls as if she were replacing parts in a machine."

Questions
1. Do you think Kelli is still doing this today?
2. What "types" do we have on the team?
3. Which girls are going head-to-head as the same type?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Do you think Kelli is still doing this today?

Always.  For example, we had Abigail and Kelsi on the squad at the same time - both stunning blondes.  We had Meredith and Olivia S on the squad - both redheads.  I am trying to remember if Makenzi Swicegood and Elizabeth Davis were on at the same time - both petite blondes.  Megan F and Misty - both serious brunettes.  She won't keep a girl off the squad for being similar to another, but I think the bouquet of hair colors plays a part.

27 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Cool, serious blondes - Erin, Brennan and Heather

Glam blonde - Lexie and if she makes it, Ashley H: Gina can be one as well

Tall brunette - Molly, Alanna and Taylor

Perky brunettes - Madeleine, Amber, Rachel, Bridget, Ashlee and Brianna

Quiet brunette - Maddie

Serious brunette - Tess and Alexis, Miranda

Serious redhead - Hannah, Jalyn

Perky redhead - Savannah

And I'm not going to go into African American, Asian etc cause in my opinion, that insults their talent and hard work.

But, a starter list - prepare to agree to disagree:)  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Since there's nothing new on SM, I'll contribute a topic for discussion. Let's do this SAT-style: read the passage below, and and then answer the reading comprehension questions, LOL.

From "Deep in the Heart of Texas" by the Scholz sisters:
"Each girl's "look"  was part of the big scheme, the heart of the Cheerleaders' image. That's how Suzanne was able to plug into the fans' obsessions. She was a genius at making it work.

Each girl appealed to a certain segment of the crowd. There was the long-haired blonde, the girl with the ponytail, the pigtail girl, the tall brunette, the perky little brunette, the bouncy blonde, the sultry redhead, the freckle-faced strawberry blonde, the African-American girl, the Asian girl, the short girl, the tall girl. There was the quiet one, the sexy one, the sporty one, and the dark and mysterious one. Suzanne had one of every kind.
The squad as made up of so many different types that just about everybody's fantasy could be fulfilled.
As Suzanne got rid of one girl, she filled her spot with a look-alike. The clone of that obsession. In tryouts she would put together two girls who were similar. The best of the two would be selected. Even if both were sensational it didn't matter. She replaced girls with other girls as if she were replacing parts in a machine."

Questions
1. Do you think Kelli is still doing this today?

They've been open about grouping girls that looked alike at finals - and then selecting the "best" ones. Their groupings are not only by hair color but also by height and likely overall vibe as well -- glam/pinup, sporty, girl next door. 

Rookie Meredith seems to be the next Alexis type - sultry brunette.  Kristin is going for the  "I'm a good girl but I'm sexy underneath look" like several of the other brunettes.

In looking at the rookies - they really have several glam blondes, sporty blondes, cute blondes and quiet blondes.  They are going to have to take a careful look at their bouquet and figure out the needs. I do think it will have a determination as to who stays and who goes.

Who's the smart one?

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Always.  For example, we had Abigail and Kelsi on the squad at the same time - both stunning blondes.  We had Meredith and Olivia S on the squad - both redheads.  I am trying to remember if Makenzi Swicegood and Elizabeth Davis were on at the same time - both petite blondes.  Megan F and Misty - both serious brunettes.  She won't keep a girl off the squad for being similar to another, but I think the bouquet of hair colors plays a part.

Cool, serious blondes - Erin, Brennan and Heather

Glam blonde - Lexie and if she makes it, Ashley H: Gina can be one as well

Tall brunette - Molly, Alanna and Taylor

Perky brunettes - Madeleine, Amber, Rachel, Bridget, Ashlee and Brianna

Quiet brunette - Maddie

Serious brunette - Tess and Alexis, Miranda

Serious redhead - Hannah, Jalyn

Perky redhead - Savannah

And I'm not going to go into African American, Asian etc cause in my opinion, that insults their talent and hard work.

But, a starter list - prepare to agree to disagree:)  

I guess I'm not sure why it insults the talent and hard work of black and Asian cheerleaders to categorize them as such, but it doesn't insult blondes, redheads, etc. 

I agree that it can be considered insulting to categorize the cheerleaders by any physical characteristic, but since that's exactly what we're assuming is happening, are race and hair color that different?

• Love 18