Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

I don’t  think there is a lot of hate against her. I think people are just complaining about her hair. I don’t think anyone could ever say anything about negative her character.

But she is no Maddie Ziegler. That’s why I had to respond. DCC Maddie would not make it in LA bc she’s not actually that good at hip hop. And as far as her ability to emote, she doesn’t make me feel anything when she dances. She keeps a pretty straight face unlike Ziegler who regularly makes me cry. There are a handful of dancers in LA who are hired for EVERYTHING. Artists in LA will literally wait until these guys and girls are free before they hire someone with less talent. (Erika Jayne talked about this on RHOBH, the Taylor Swift / Katy Perry fight was literally over this.) If you want to see the caliber of the dancers who make it into this in group look up Jade Cheynoweth and Dee Glazer. These are the type of dancers that artists fight over and wait for. Maddie does not compare to them... god forbid Maddie Ziegler. Even Holly P is having a difficult time being noticed outside the DCC bubble. 

I will preface this by saying I championed Maddie after last year's Finals solos.  I thought she was one of the few who actually brought it come solo time.  Loved that she broke the mold wearing her hair up, the outfit she chose and her solo style.  It wasn't the same old Erica type solo I've grown so bored seeing.  I also liked that Maddie isn't the usual cookie cutter DCC look.  But as the season progressed, my eye was not drawn to her and we all witnessed her weight gain and looking soft in her uniform.  Her body had changed and my bet is she was struggling to keep her maturing figure lean.  Just like many woman have.

But I 100% agree with @loveanddcc's assessment above.  Maddie is an okay hip hop dancer at best.  After her DCC tenure I'd suggest coming to L.A. to progress her hip hop training.  Maybe consider WilldaBeast and Janelle Ginestra for their hard hitting style.  To @loveanddcc's examples of Jade Chynoweth and Dee Glazer (two of the BEST in L.A.), there are other's I'd add who are chameleons and can do strong hip hop as well as varying other styles.  Madison Cubbage, Kaycee Rice (15 yrs old), the undeniable musicality & punch of Charlize Glass (17 yrs old recently seen on World of Dance) and even 10 year old Amy Sinostage.  If you have the talent & train with the right choreographers, you will work.  Tyce Diorio, Kyle Hanagami, Brian Friedman, although I wouldn't classify as hip hop, mostly hire the same dancers all the time.

I keep hoping Holly P. will give some of the above a chance because she's good but still not progressing onto the gigs that Tyce, Kyle or Brian could offer her.  Those three work all the time for huge celebrities and award shows. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I like Miranda and I would pay money to look like her! But when compared to the others who auditioned -she is much less toned and older looking. It's just so interesting the things Kelli and Judy are willing to overlook in some girls - when they cut others. That can be applied to a lot of situations. Not here to pick her apart in any mean way - just more observational. I also love that she has brains!

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.40.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.41.55 PM.png

HOW DID SHE MAKE IT BACK?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Shady580 said:

It's really not fair to compare any of these girls to Delainey, Jade, or Kaycee (I added her because I love her). Those girls are the absolute cream of the crop and very few are comparable. Maddie seems to be a pretty strong dancer who is content to dance for the best level that she knows she is. If she thought she was Kaycee level, then I would think she would be in LA at Millennium taking classes. I, rather enjoy watching her hip hop solos. Not the strongest I've seen but she doesnt look like a fish out of water either.

10 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Not a Barbie doll, just a normally attractive, seemingly genuine every-day girl who also happens to be a stellar dancer. And she IS a stellar dancer, her hip hop, for a studio dancer is GOOD. There's an ease to her musicality and flow and a joy she has when she dances that exudes.  

Fairness isn't what my post was about.  I was addressing the @Mercurialsteph's post saying Maddie is a stellar dancer with flow, which IMO years of dance training, she is not.  I used those girls to show what a stellar hip hop dancer is and why I disagreed with the OP's assessment.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think the point on Maddie is that while she is a decent hip hop dancer, it gets annoying listening to TPTB carry on like she is the end all , be all at it. The same way it gets annoying listening to them act like VK is God’s gift to dance, when we can all see that she is not. Stop over hyping people, the viewers are not that stupid.

Edited by Jennv
Sp
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I think the point on Maddie is that while she is a decent hip hop dancer, it gets annoying listening to TPTB carry on like she is the end all , be all at it. The same way it gets annoying listening to them act like VK is God’s gift to dance, when we can all see that she is not. Stop over hyping people, the viewers are not that stupid.

Overhyping is what the Cowboys do best. Running toward rock!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Madeleine's hip hop dancing reminds me of Whitney's on Fat Fabulous Life, minus the overweight part.  I also still think she looks and sounds like Nicholas Hoult in About a Boy.  I watch too much reality tv.

FF3D9C12-49FF-4071-A655-E0DE0D76208B.jpeg

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Madeleine's hip hop dancing reminds me of Whitney's on Fat Fabulous Life, minus the overweight part.  I also still think she looks and sounds like Nicholas Hoult in About a Boy.  I watch too much reality tv.

FF3D9C12-49FF-4071-A655-E0DE0D76208B.jpeg

OMG he could be her brother, for sure. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I will preface this by saying I championed Maddie after last year's Finals solos.  I thought she was one of the few who actually brought it come solo time.  Loved that she broke the mold wearing her hair up, the outfit she chose and her solo style.  It wasn't the same old Erica type solo I've grown so bored seeing.  I also liked that Maddie isn't the usual cookie cutter DCC look.  But as the season progressed, my eye was not drawn to her and we all witnessed her weight gain and looking soft in her uniform.  Her body had changed and my bet is she was struggling to keep her maturing figure lean.  Just like many woman have.

But I 100% agree with @loveanddcc's assessment above.  Maddie is an okay hip hop dancer at best.  After her DCC tenure I'd suggest coming to L.A. to progress her hip hop training.  Maybe consider WilldaBeast and Janelle Ginestra for their hard hitting style.  To @loveanddcc's examples of Jade Chynoweth and Dee Glazer (two of the BEST in L.A.), there are other's I'd add who are chameleons and can do strong hip hop as well as varying other styles.  Madison Cubbage, Kaycee Rice (15 yrs old), the undeniable musicality & punch of Charlize Glass (17 yrs old recently seen on World of Dance) and even 10 year old Amy Sinostage.  If you have the talent & train with the right choreographers, you will work.  Tyce Diorio, Kyle Hanagami, Brian Friedman, although I wouldn't classify as hip hop, mostly hire the same dancers all the time.

I keep hoping Holly P. will give some of the above a chance because she's good but still not progressing onto the gigs that Tyce, Kyle or Brian could offer her.  Those three work all the time for huge celebrities and award shows. 

I love Maddie...have been team Maddie since her first foray into training camp.  Just had to say that 🙂 that being said, every single one of those dancers you mentioned is PHENOMENAL!!!  Amy Sinostage is going to be a force to be reckoned with, in my opinion. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I had mentioned the "loose lips" possibility earlier on this thread because a former DCC did a podcast and talked about what went on behind the scenes.  I had just wondered how much patience K&J would have for things being talked about that they didn't ok.

Really??  I don't see a change - posters who have always liked her and defended her still do.  Those who don't think too much of her still don't.  I think you might just see more people willing to give her a chance, but I think at the first hint of trouble...….that will be it.

Agreed. 

16 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah Christina looks way too thin in that red dress. It hangs on her.

Why are people assuming she lost weight in an unhealthy manner? 

My point is at this moment, she looks great and I’m not sure why people are dogging her looks. 

If you look back at Vikkie's instagram and some of the videos she's been a tagged in for prep classes, it's fairly easy to see she dropped weight rapidly. I hate the girl---I have zero qualms about admitting that---but I am concerned for her on that level alone. I have a body type very similar to VK and I know what it would have taken from me to go from March/April body to May/June body and it is not healthy. 

16 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Sorry, I meant Adderall. Ritalin is a non stimulant ADHD med. Netflix was a great documentary on Adderall called "Take your pills"

Ritalin is a stimultant. It's just a different from of stimulant than Adderall. Generally speaking, one will work for someone with ADHD while the other won't. My daughter is on Ritalin LA for ADHD. A non-stimulant example would be Intuniv, which is commonly prescribed with both as a mood stabilizer. Non-Stimulant drugs are more difficult to deal with because you really can't miss a dose---it's like birth control, miss a day here or there and the tank runs dry and it's no longer effective. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I love Maddie...have been team Maddie since her first foray into training camp.  Just had to say that 🙂 that being said, every single one of those dancers you mentioned is PHENOMENAL!!!  Amy Sinostage is going to be a force to be reckoned with, in my opinion. 

Agree about Amy Sinostage.  Can't believe how good she is at a mere 10 years old.  In other dance styles too!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Agree about Amy Sinostage.  Can't believe how good she is at a mere 10 years old.  In other dance styles too!

I know...some of these young kids just blow me away.  

I'm not sure why the board turned into Maddie M vs. Maddie Ziegler, but neither are great dancers. Both are proclaimed gym rats and neither have the technical skills or the musicality. Maddie Z had a 1 in a million experience when Sia grabbed her, but she has fluttered and fallen ever since. 

Maddie M. may have been a rockstar in her neck of the woods but she is no stand out either. I think K&J like her because she's a suck up---nothing more, nothing less. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

Yeah, Maddie ain’t got stellar musicality or flow.... just basic

Maddie doing her best in a staged performance 

Delaney, literally in class

Jade, also in class

Even though I am on the "Maddie train".   I agree with you that she is not "as good" as the others posted here.  However, in my opinion, she actually has the "perfect" moves for Pom or Drill team style.  Because as you can see neither dancing pair can emulate each others moves exactly, which makes the whole dance look "off" to me.  For dance groups, I expect their moves to be synchronized with each other as close as possible.  This is why I don't care for the hair whip moves that they do nor do I care for the "extra pops" that some of the cheerleaders add as it makes it look like someone is making a mistake. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ThatSlaps said:

Anyone else think the voice in the background during the 2nd half of the video sounds like VK?

I recently went  back and watched Season 12.  And that was Katelynn from LSU who said that.  Tall, long really black hair, and kicks to her forehead.  I still don’t know why she did not make TC.

• Love 8
On 6/5/2019 at 3:58 AM, Tootie said:

2019a TCC names.jpg

How quickly will we know when someone has had their 'tonight is going to be your last night'?

I say we will see another vet being cut, so 9 girls will be able to make it:

1. Amanda
  2. Ashley
  3. Gina
  4. Julia
  5. Kat
  6. Kelcey
  7. Lisa
  8. Kristin
  9. Madeline S

And yes, Victoria will be cut!

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

How quickly will we know when someone has had their 'tonight is going to be your last night'?

1. Amanda
  2. Ashley
  3. Gina
  4. Julia
  5. Kat
  6. Kelcey
  7. Lisa
  8. Kristin
  9. Madeline S

If this group, Victoria is definitely not in the top 9, but I still think she will make it.

11 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

1. Amanda
  2. Ashley
  3. Gina
  4. Julia
  5. Kat
  6. Kelcey
  7. Lisa
  8. Kristin
  9. Madeline S

I don't see any of the vets being cut unless someone really and royally screws up ( there's 27), and the 9 I predict: 

1. Amanda Dilks

2. Ashley Hancock

3. Bret Lindley

4. Julia Fife 

5. Kelcey Wetterberg

6. Lisa Mills

7. Taylor Pederson

8. Victoria Kalina

9. toss up  between Meredith Madden  and Shaina Grace. 

I would love to see Lily make it, but unless they completely glam her up after makeovers, she will never be hd friendly enough.  Alexandra will be one of the first cuts.  I think Kristin will make it further in TC but will be one of the final cuts. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I don't see any of the vets being cut unless someone really and royally screws up ( there's 27), and the 9 I predict: 

1. Amanda Dilks

2. Ashley Hancock

3. Bret Lindley

4. Julia Fife 

5. Kelcey Wetterberg

6. Lisa Mills

7. Taylor Pederson

8. Victoria Kalina

9. toss up  between Meredith Madden  and Shaina Grace. 

I would love to see Lily make it, but unless they completely glam her up after makeovers, she will never be hd friendly enough.  Alexandra will be one of the first cuts.  I think Kristin will make it further in TC but will be one of the final cuts. 

I agree with your picks, except I think Kat will be #9

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I recently went  back and watched Season 12.  And that was Katelynn from LSU who said that.  Tall, long really black hair, and kicks to her forehead.  I still don’t know why she did not make TC.

Personality/attitude/feedback from former teammates and coach. 

• Useful 1

There is really is no cheerleader who is universally liked or disliked on the board. I get how it can be frustrating when people don’t like your favorite, but if you’re a Maddie fan, I think the fact that TPTB love Maddie is more important than what anyone here thinks. We’re just fans giving out opinion on a message board. If they (K&J) wanna put her at point, they will. I think they (Shelly/Judy/etc) monitor the board - we’re basically a free focus group - but I don’t think they’re making decisions from what they read here.

Personally, I’m fine with Maddie being on the team, but I don’t get the hype about her dance ability at all. I find her average - not bad, but not great. However, she seems very sweet in a non-phony way, and I do think that she gives off a much different vibe than other girls on the team. I can see why many people are drawn to that. 

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

There is really is no cheerleader who is universally liked or disliked on the board. 

I think Abigail is universally liked. Maybe Mia and Nicole as well? Don’t think i’ve seen any negative comments about them.

Erica was really popular and we were all #ericaforpoint before *that* season/tc started too but that doesn’t count anymore.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think Abigail is universally liked. Maybe Mia and Nicole as well? Don’t think i’ve seen any negative comments about them.

Erica was really popular and we were all #ericaforpoint before *that* season/tc started too but that doesn’t count anymore.

I’ve seen people say that Mia comes off like a mean girl or at least sounds like one. I’m not sure which Nicole you’re referring to (Hamilton or Bulcher), but I think I’ve seen posts saying that Abigail wasn’t a good dancer- and that also seems to be the discussion about Maddie (her danceability and hair lol) not that she’s personally disliked. I think the older DCCs get discussed less than the current or more recent ones as well. If those girls were on the show now, you would probably see varying opinions.

In general though, I’ve never understood the urge to try and get everyone on the same page regarding any girl. (This is a general comment, not aimed at the quoted post). We’re adults. We don’t have to like the same people. That would be more like a cult than a message board. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Team Maddie all the way!  Love that she is who she is and can be herself.

We don’t need to see women oozing sex all the time.  I hope to God she is front and center this year, would be a nice change.  There are obviously reasons they love her and she is definitely an entertainer!!!  She’s been on show group since she made the team.

Don’t forget, she was one of the few selected to dance with Meagan Trainor at the Thanksgiving performance with Meagan’s dancers last season.  And she has been singled out by guest choreographers on the show who enjoy watching her dance their choreography.

Ok, done with my speech...

• Love 17
8 hours ago, kalibean said:

I’m guessing no, seeing that Dee is still giving Chris Brown a platform in her video. He’s human garbage. Plenty of great dance music out there without continuing to give him a career.

That’s bc he hired her for his tour. He IS human garbage but even most of the pro prep teachers in Dallas taught choreo to pills & automobiles when he released it. And I know they know. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Don’t forget, she was one of the few selected to dance with Meagan Trainor at the Thanksgiving performance with Meagan’s dancers last season.  And she has been singled out by guest choreographers on the show who enjoy watching her dance their choreography 

Exactly my point! If I recall correctly EVERY guest choreographer last year singled her out. And that included Travis freaking WALL. If these professional outside  choreographers seem to all really like her I’m going to say she’s probably pretty damn good. 

And no, we don’t all need to like the same people, I just don’t think or understand why pick on one of the more genuine, talented, girls that by being put   in front could be a welcome change. If this board is a free focus group than let’s use our ‘power’ to come down on other more serious issues than someone who really doesn’t deserve this kind of scrutiny and attack. She’s one of the good ones it seems like. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I am REALLY rooting for Holly to make it. I think she is so talented and could’ve been one of the best dancers in the industry had she moved to LA and started training with the best at 18. For someone like her, choosing DCC was choosing to plateau in her training. But she’s still young and still has time to catch up.

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Eurgh Erica. Don't get me started on her #overrated. The only 2 DCCs I really could never stand was Erica and Cersten. 🤢🤮

• Love 3
1 minute ago, loveanddcc said:

I am REALLY rooting for Holly to make it. I think she is so talented and could’ve been one of the best dancers in the industry had she moved to LA and started training with the best at 18. For someone like her, choosing DCC was choosing to plateau in her training. But she’s still young and still has time to catch up.

I want her to get with Tyce.  He's been choreographing most of Taylor Swift's recent appearances (The Voice, the Billboard Music Awards).  I think she'd do great with Brian Friedman's & Kyle Hanagami's choreo as well.  As for her heels dancing she favors, I'd love to see her try Yanis Marshall's class.  Girl was born for his style.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

1. Amanda
  2. Ashley
  3. Gina
  4. Julia
  5. Kat
  6. Kelcey
  7. Lisa
  8. Kristin
  9. Madeline S

Just curious, are we basing this list on looks or danceability? Because other than Kristin, VK and Lily I don't think I've seen them on the show before. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't understand why the DCC are at the CMT awards...no one was even paying attention to them

K & J always go but this is the first time I’ve seen the girls go in uniform. Maybe I’ve missed the girls in the past but what is the reason for them going? Oh right, to show them off to market the brand. 😬

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

K & J always go but this is the first time I’ve seen the girls go in uniform. Maybe I’ve missed the girls in the past but what is the reason for them going? Oh right, to show them off to market the brand. 😬

Bodacious tatas in blue fringe so all the Cowboys fans /Bud Light swilling male viewers will feel right at home. 

• Love 3

I think the annoyance with Maddie for me is how they pushed her into show group and triangle when she is middle of the pack dancer and lower pack with her look. If they just let her be and let her blend she wouldn’t bug me but the constant Maddie is AMAZING just makes zero sense. 

• Love 12

Maddie's whole persona confuses me. I don't like how she tries to be the squeaky clean, innocent, sweet Mormon girl from Utah, but also the cool hip hop dancer, while also being the nerdy girl, and then also a sexy cheerleader dancing in a barely-there uniform. I also think she has a slight air of arrogance to her.

To me, she completely lacks sex appeal, and since the DCC literally promote all things sexy with their uniform, dancing, and swimsuit calendar, it is uncomfortable watching her dance and try to be sexy. I also can't get past her baby face, gummy smile, and bad hair.

I also tend to side eye people who are "too nice". They freak me out. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Someone in one of the topics had asked what the DCC/Kelli/Judy were doing in Nashville for CMA Fest.  I can't find that post but here's a tweet where they were on the carpet for the CMT awards.  Maybe CMT has a similar thing to the other networks "Upfronts" for announcing the coming season? 

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Fixed a typo
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I think the annoyance with Maddie for me is how they pushed her into show group and triangle when she is middle of the pack dancer and lower pack with her look. If they just let her be and let her blend she wouldn’t bug me but the constant Maddie is AMAZING just makes zero sense. 

is she in the running for point of the triangle ? I'm trying to remember who all is left to be considered..

(edited)
21 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Someone in one of the topics had asked what the DCC/Kelli/Judy were doing in Nashville for CMA Fest.  I can't find that post but here's a tweet where they were on the carpet for the CMT awards,  Maybe CMT has a similar thing to the other networks "Upfronts" for announcing the coming season? 

They have been going every year since MTT began.  Promote MTT, support CMT.  

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, LynneH said:

Just curious, are we basing this list on looks or danceability? Because other than Kristin, VK and Lily I don't think I've seen them on the show before. 

They haven’t been on the show however, some post dance videos on their Insta. 

In the end, there has to be a combination of reasonable amount of dance skills, looks and personality. Season 14 will show this combination and this is, for me, the fascinating journey that never ends and that keeps on evolving. That is why the goodbyes of veterans is truly such a sad thing, especially when they exude dance, looks and personality and have been around for seasons. Nicole Bulcher! Lauren Williams! Danielle Barhold! Mia Greenhouse! Maggie, Melissa, Amy!

And this is why TC is so interesting because its the beginning!

Edited by Pau84
I had to include Nicole Bulcher and Lauren Williams
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Maddie's whole persona confuses me. I don't like how she tries to be the squeaky clean, innocent, sweet Mormon girl from Utah, but also the cool hip hop dancer, while also being the nerdy girl, and then also a sexy cheerleader dancing in a barely-there uniform. I also think she has a slight air of arrogance to her.

To me, she completely lacks sex appeal, and since the DCC literally promote all things sexy with their uniform, dancing, and swimsuit calendar, it is uncomfortable watching her dance and try to be sexy. I also can't get past her baby face, gummy smile, and bad hair.

I also tend to side eye people who are "too nice". They freak me out. 

Perfect description. 

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Perfect description. 

To give y'all an idea on how much I would NOT enjoy watching  Maddie as point is that I would rather watch GINA!

Honestly, even VK spastic dance moves would be more hilariously entertaining than Maddie.

Edited by BringItOn
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2