Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, YellowRose said:

I loved the alum during last season's show that introduced herself during the first meeting by saying, she never moved up in the Thunderstruck pyramid- but, I think she went to pro bowl, maybe was a leader as well? ...can't remember. Anyway- good for her for letting the others know that you can still be successful on the team without being the point. 

For some reason I'm remembering that as being Nicole Bulcher.  Feel free to correct if my I'm wrong though.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

For some reason I'm remembering that as being Nicole Bulcher.  Feel free to correct if my I'm wrong though.

I'm pretty sure it was.

@ShellyB told us last year that when she was a DCC they rotated point, but I think she said they stopped doing that when they started going with one song/one routine for pre-game.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They have been going every year since MTT began.  Promote MTT, support CMT.  

Does anyone know when they changed the length of the shorts? I did not realize they are actually longer now! (or cut is changed at least....adds to more "bunching" now, but your cash and prizes have a tad more coverage.) 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WaterSpirit said:

Does anyone know when they changed the length of the shorts? I did not realize they are actually longer now! (or cut is changed at least....adds to more "bunching" now, but your cash and prizes have a tad more coverage.) 

I don't remember the exact the year but was saying thank God when they did.  They were getting ridiculously short.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm pretty sure it was.

@ShellyB told us last year that when she was a DCC they rotated point, but I think she said they stopped doing that when they started going with one song/one routine for pre-game.

Yeah, cause she said Nicole, Justine, Sarah and maybe Elizabeth, rotated point at one time, if I remember right.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SuzySmith said:

Where did she overshare?  It's not on that IG post that was shared...

She did a deep dive into each aspect of the try out process, but I think her oversharing came from the interview process and going into detail about the late candidate who wasn't allowed to do her interview. It may seem mundane, but to TPTB, that's not mundane. 

• Love 6

I, for one, dont think that TT being cut had anything to do with "oversharing". Shoot, her insta stories added more intrigue and interest into the audition process than actual MTT ever has for me. It is free publicity for the DCC and gets people interested in the show (even if they might be let down after they watch ha). I would think that if TPTB did not want things shared on social media during auditions, there would be a strict policy about it. 

• Love 4
Just now, PunchPowerPop said:

I, for one, dont think that TT being cut had anything to do with "oversharing". Shoot, her insta stories added more intrigue and interest into the audition process than actual MTT ever has for me. It is free publicity for the DCC and gets people interested in the show (even if they might be let down after they watch ha). I would think that if TPTB did not want things shared on social media during auditions, there would be a strict policy about it. 

I love behind the scenes kind of stuff, so I appreciated her IG stories.  It's actually the kind of thing that the DCC's social media team should be doing in their IG stories during the audition process, or the calendar shoot, squad photo day, football game, etc.  And I don't mean just talking about it, but showing us - it's 7:00 in the morning, we are getting ready to open the doors, CMT cameras are here, here are the alumni getting ready to greet the girls, each girl will receive a number, a packet of info, have their picture taken, etc, etc etc.  The fan base of the DCC are deeply unappreciated and underestimated as to what we would like to see.

• Love 19

One thing I keep wondering about since we witnessed less being shared on SM during auditions this year....with the new production team in place did they require many with cell phones to use security stickers like some clients do during film shoots?   I know we saw some things posted but in general, we did not see nearly the extent shared on SM that we did last year.  It feels like a new rule was slammed into place about not posting much if anything.

Just my musings based on security I've had to put in place on my own film shoots.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

One thing I keep wondering about since we witnessed less being shared on SM during auditions this year....with the new production team in place did they require many with cell phones to use security stickers like some clients do during film shoots?   I know we saw some things posted but in general, we did not see nearly the extent shared on SM that we did last year.  It feels like a new rule was slammed into place about not posting much if anything.

Just my musings based on security I've had to put in place on my own film shoots.  

I thought it was funny that we didn't see the pics usually posted on social media with the 4 year girls posing together with 4 fingers held up, or the 3 year girls posing, etc.  You usually see them doing this at the first meeting.

If they are changing what is shown, that is so unfair to the girls.  They work so hard for who knows how long, get thru to the finals, or make it to TC, and they have to be careful what they share for the sake of a tv show.  Again, it isn't the Bachelor or Paradise Island.  These are real girls on a real life squad for a real life football team.

Either that or they are tired of all the people who hunt out the DCC IG or Twitter account, the social media accounts of the girls and everyone else associated with the DCC, and the FB fan pages, or read the threads on this board that say spoilers, and then complain that "you've ruined the show for me...boo hoo hoo…...I will never watch it cause now I know who got a Barbie, was cut, was late, and wore a blue bikini for calendar.....waaaaaahhhhhh!!!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

These are real girls on a real life squad for a real life football team.

Whose real life season starts before the final squad is announced on the show!  Want a spoiler?  Just watch a game 🙂

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I've seen complaints on social media about how the girls were shown on a game before the final episode aired🙄

Oh come on!  That's hilarious!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Oh come on!  That's hilarious!

Yep!  The cameras shouldn't show the girls.  Now I know who made it.  Waste of a season cause now I don't need to watch the final episode.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yep!  The cameras shouldn't show the girls.  Now I know who made it.  Waste of a season cause now I don't need to watch the final episode.  

Maybe @go4luca can help me out with her knowledge of TV production, but I don't understand why the show can't be aired closer to real time.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, BringItOn said:

I hope she won't be the sacrificial legacy that gets axed (Dayton) to justify VK.

Frankly, from what we saw last year and the little we've heard this year, ANYONE'S up for being cut if it means there's the smallest possibility that Victoria WON'T be on the squad.  At least, unless (or until) Victoria gives them a reason to cut her.  After all, she gave them SO many last year and Kelli & Co. overlooked them all until they couldn't anymore.

I wouldn't put it past Kelli to give Madeline Grace the same treatment Dayton got AND give Victoria the same treatment she got last year.  If the roles were reversed, Victoria would be in for the shock of her life (as would Tina).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Maybe @go4luca can help me out with her knowledge of TV production, but I don't understand why the show can't be aired closer to real time.

I'm not as dialed in to the reality TV world so honestly don't know.  I've wondered about it myself.  My guess will fall with buyout of airtime and the time frame to get all the editing completed.  I still think it could air sooner but not knowing their timeframe, budget contraints and purchase of airtime, it's hard to say.  Maybe @ShellyB could help if she happens to stop by.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm not as dialed in to the reality TV world so honestly don't know.  I've wondered about it myself.  My guess will fall with buyout of airtime and the time frame to get all the editing completed.  I still think it could air sooner but not knowing their timeframe, budget contraints and purchase of airtime, it's hard to say.  Maybe @ShellyB could help if she happens to stop by.

I just think it has to do with football season.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MavisL said:

haha I think that's a great idea. And we get to choose it!

"Oh....your name is Taylor? OK....you have a choice. It's either Hildegarde or Beulah. Take your pick. Don't let your hair get stuck in your lipgloss next time and pick your undies outta your crack. Kthanxbai." 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

Every time I think of Nicole, the juice in the fridge found by the "nutritionist" hurts my heart. She was so obviously starving herself to fit in that stupid bathin- I mean- uniform. How dare the "nutritionist" imply juice was not healthy.

rage GIF

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Every time I think of Nicole, the juice in the fridge found by the "nutritionist" hurts my heart. She was so obviously starving herself to fit in that stupid bathin- I mean- uniform. How dare the "nutritionist" imply juice was not healthy.

rage GIF

Well, juice is pretty objectively not healthy. It's just empty calories, and you would always be better off eating actual fruit and getting the fiber. 

The nutritionists on this show have delivered a whole lot of nonsense (carbonation gives you cellulite!) but they weren't wrong about that.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, PunchPowerPop said:

Did someone say, "oversharing"? 

scary movie eating GIF

• LOL 1
19 hours ago, patti0855 said:

No it isn't . . . it's just easy to do . . . the BYU dance team does all kinds of things and how do I know you may ask? I live next door to the campus . . .

My daughter's high school, dance team, and dance studio had a ton of Mormon kids and many of our friends are Mormon and involved in dance. I started following the Cougarettes when I chaperoned my daughter's HS team at their dance camp in Provo in 2012. I watch every one of their videos and watch them in person at NDA Nationals every year in Daytona Beach. They are all amazing dancers. I also follow the Utah HS dance team competition scene, which is really fun, kind of crazy, and occasionally drama-filled.

• Love 4
On 6/2/2019 at 4:40 PM, bigskygirl said:

And the same thing could be said about TPTB and trying keep the information from being leaked in the first place. If they were honest about the whole thing, they would not have to worry about inside information coming out. They have no one to blame but themselves when it comes to what is going on behind closed doors in DCC Land. They have to be naïve to think it would never, ever come out.

Plus the fact some of the things that were going on behind closed doors they were involved in could land them in some legal hot water.

Ok I can't hold out any longer. Add me to the growing PM request list. Info is good, informed minds are even better.

• Love 1

A quick question and still catching up. I loved Lacey a few years back. But this year she seemed a tad heavier to me. Am I wrong? I mean I am literally nearly blind in one eye, so maybe my perception is off, but still...I felt like she was a bit puffier. She seems to be the type that if she is not overly toned she becomes too soft (DCC world only) What a hard body type to have. I loved her bubbly personality. 

2nd questions. How do you think Alexandra will do? Correct me if I am wrong, but she is on the shorter side right? Do you think that will count against her, this group seems slightly taller. Her kicks better be super high if I am right. I don't think they will allow for another McKenzie situation anymore. 

(edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, PrincessLeia said:

I’m sorry, but Victoria looks great here... she’s fit, pretty smile, and in Texas blonde big hair is a positive. Have no clue if she’ll master the dances in TC, but she looks the part here. 

Sorry everyone for what looks like fanatical posting-just catching up.

I agree. Putting the whole VK hate aside. As an isolated picture, she looks perfectly acceptable, especially when compared to Miranda, who I like. VK has a better body for now. She does stand out in her own way. ANd so far the photos I've seen photographs well. I think she sucks in unnecessarily trying to appear thinner. probably some fear factor there. But, yup, she looks okay. I bet the one warning she got from TPTB is to remain as fit as possible and not be jiggly like last year, in that case, she has done as they required.

Give her credit where credit is due. And harsh judgment where/when/if it becomes due.

I may be in the minority here, but I really just want her to do well on her own and be a gracious, supportive, fair teammate and not make TC/DCC life hard on others. She is the one person who can afford to be kind and gracious as she is under less scrutiny and risk of being cut. So why not be a favorite by being super kind and prove all wrong. If they chill on the constant features, people can warm up on their own. Honestly, winning people over through kindness regardless of TPTB and Tina fits galore, is within VK's control. She can be gracious, supportive, kind and fair all on her own. Not an artificial, oh she grew and matured, wow look at her. Let her earn that part on her own and it will shine so bright, being in her corner can become easier.

Assuming she has a desire to recreate herself as an independent human adult. Now if she continues in the spoiled brat lifestyle, she will have equally earned the social media hate, and that too is within her control. Some people can not be won over one way or the other. So VK if you or Mom are reading, just do that. earn the praise, you can rock it if you want. The potential is there for sure, so cultivate it. Tina get out of her way....that's what I say. She can do this on her own. Right.............

Edited by IzzyEnd
A case of the duhs.....2 hours sleep and hit enter too soon..
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, YellowRose said:

Speaking of Point...does it really matter?

I loved the alum during last season's show that introduced herself during the first meeting by saying, she never moved up in the Thunderstruck pyramid- but, I think she went to pro bowl, maybe was a leader as well? ...can't remember. Anyway- good for her for letting the others know that you can still be successful on the team without being the point. 

In fact, they are all world-class dancers or they would not be on this team.

Then, Why not rotate the point? If you are gameday girl- you are point that week. I really believe these girls are quite capable of changing positions in that triangle for each game. So, spread the love! 

I love reading these boards, but the "point talk" just makes my eyes roll back in my head. I think point position is over-hyped and clearly it's a moving target. I think it may be coveted, but it's definitely not a sovereign role or anything-look at Jenna. I just, I don't know, I don't care about it LOL. I care more about ROTY, VOTY, pro-bowl and group leaders.

Even more fascinating to me, which I don't see discussed as much as the point person is HOW the groups are selected. I find that formulation to be completely fascinating and would love the inside scoop on how they select it but I'm not going to ask TPTB because I don't want some bullshit boiled-down answer like "Dance ability, tenure, hair color" LOL.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

I agree. Putting the whole VK hate aside. As an isolated picture, she looks perfectly acceptable, especially when compared to Miranda, who I like. VK has a better body for now. Give her credit where credit is due. And harsh judgment where/when/if it becomes due.

I may be in the minority here, but I really just want her to do well on her own and be a gracious, supportive, fair teammate and not make TC/DCC life hard on others. She is the one person who can afford to be kind and gracious as she is under less scrutiny and risk of being cut. So why not be a favorite by being super kind and prove all wrong. If they chill on the constant features, people can warm up on their own. Honestly, winning people over through kindness regardless of TPTB and Tina fits galore, is within VK's control. She can be gracious, supportive, kind and fair all on her own. Not an artificial, oh she grew and matured, wow look at her. Let her earn that part on her own and it will shine so bright, being in her corner can become easier.

Hello and welcome. I'm new too. I love your post. And I'm not a VK bot or anything, and I'm not necessarily even a past fan, but I just can't HATE her. Like, she's getting out there and doing stuff, and that's a hell of a lot more than many, many people do. I leave my mind and my heart open to people changing, because people DO change. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Law Mom said:

[snip]I started following the Cougarettes when I chaperoned my daughter's HS team at their dance camp in Provo in 2012. I watch every one of their videos and watch them in person at NDA Nationals every year in Daytona Beach. They are all amazing dancers. [snip]

They are so clean and precise, it's very impressive. I wonder if Maddie ever thought about going that route. Is she in college?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

They are so clean and precise, it's very impressive. I wonder if Maddie ever thought about going that route. Is she in college?

Yup, saw that live! I'm sad that was my last Nationals as a dance mom.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, sATL said:

did any vets get cut from finals ?  trying to calculate how many open spots there are this year

9 spots open assuming no vets get cut during training camp 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Txmomof2 said:

9 spots open assuming no vets get cut during training camp 

I would say 8 spots open.  I'm pretty sure one is already going to VK.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, YellowRose said:

In fact, they are all world-class dancers or they would not be on this team.

Then, Why not rotate the point?

This is something that has long puzzled me.

The DCC purport to be the best in the world. They draw (and recruit) talent from all over the world. They have a rigorous audition process and spend two whole months training the dancers, five nights a week, every week, before their first performance as a team. They continue to rehearse 20 hours a week (or more) during the season. I've never seen the DCC in person, but as far as I can tell, all the new material (aside from the holiday halftime performances, which are only new to the rookies) is taught over the summer. Or am I wrong, and they are still required to master new material every week during the season?

With this much talent and this much rehearsal time, there is really only ONE woman capable of carrying that front and center position? It seems like they should be able to rotate point, to choose different formations, to have more than one "star".

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This is something that has long puzzled me.

The DCC purport to be the best in the world. They draw (and recruit) talent from all over the world. They have a rigorous audition process and spend two whole months training the dancers, five nights a week, every week, before their first performance as a team. They continue to rehearse 20 hours a week (or more) during the season. I've never seen the DCC in person, but as far as I can tell, all the new material (aside from the holiday halftime performances, which are only new to the rookies) is taught over the summer. Or am I wrong, and they are still required to master new material every week during the season?

With this much talent and this much rehearsal time, there is really only ONE woman capable of carrying that front and center position? It seems like they should be able to rotate point, to choose different formations, to have more than one "star".

A lot of the material is for the quarter changes/sidelines/plaza, so there are 4 points during that time.  I would say that the one same girl at point is halftime, pregame, most appearances.....correct?  And changing up point every game probably isn't as easy as we think it is.  I mean, look at Emma, a seasoned pro, having a hard time remembering where she is and what counts to follow.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MavisL said:

I think point position is over-hyped and clearly it's a moving target. I think it may be coveted, but it's definitely not a sovereign role or anything-look at Jenna.

I understand your feelings.  Though, while imperfect, the formation and each lady’s relative position are the only stack ranking we get of the DCC’s assessment of performance after auditions.   Most every other accolade has more to do with attitude/looks/leadership and other non-dance qualities -or- establishing quality cohorts (Barbie winners, Show Group).  That’s what makes it interesting to me.  

By contrast, though, group leader selection is strange.  We’ve seen Nicole Bulcher’s name invoked as an example of how one can be a superstar DCC, but be stuck in the middle of the formation.  That said, she was a group leader making her the point of the her group’s triangle.  It’s as though they’re saying, “Girl, you suck so bad at Thunderstruck you need to be hidden, but because of your leadership qualities, we’re going to subject the fans to watching you front and center the rest of the game.”  How does that make sense?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I understand your feelings.  Though, while imperfect, the formation and each lady’s relative position are the only stack ranking we get of the DCC’s assessment of performance after auditions.   Most every other accolade has more to do with attitude/looks/leadership and other non-dance qualities -or- establishing quality cohorts (Barbie winners, Show Group).  That’s what makes it interesting to me.  

By contrast, though, group leader selection is strange.  We’ve seen Nicole Bulcher’s name invoked as an example of how one can be a superstar DCC, but be stuck in the middle of the formation.  That said, she was a group leader making her the point of the her group’s triangle.  It’s as though they’re saying, “Girl, you suck so bad at Thunderstruck you need to be hidden, but because of your leadership qualities, we’re going to subject the fans to watching you front and center the rest of the game.”  How does that make sense?

How about when they form the triangle and put the weaker dancers in the back row, but then tell us that is the front row for the visiting team's fans, so they have to be strong dancers?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Does anyone know - is there a way to put the final TCC candidates list and photos in it's own thread, and then disable the comments to keep it from becoming a conversation thread?  Cause it's the beginning of June and there will still be another 432 requests for it, at least:)

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

I agree. Putting the whole VK hate aside. As an isolated picture, she looks perfectly acceptable, especially when compared to Miranda, who I like. VK has a better body for now. She does stand out in her own way. ANd so far the photos I've seen photographs well. I think she sucks in unnecessarily trying to appear thinner. probably some fear factor there. But, yup, she looks okay. I bet the one warning she got from TPTB is to remain as fit as possible and not be jiggly like last year, in that case, she has done as they required.

Give her credit where credit is due. And harsh judgment where/when/if it becomes due.

Assuming she has a desire to recreate herself as an independent human adult. Now if she continues in the spoiled brat lifestyle, she will have equally earned the social media hate, and that too is within her control. Some people can not be won over one way or the other. So VK if you or Mom are reading, just do that. earn the praise, you can rock it if you want. The potential is there for sure, so cultivate it. Tina get out of her way....that's what I say. She can do this on her own. Right.............

I agree with you 100%. No problem with Victoria at all. Like you said, people grow and change.  My issue is that never in the history of the show would someone who behaved in the way we were “shown” on the show have been ask back into training camp a second time.  Special treatment - oh yes!

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Does anyone know - is there a way to put the final TCC candidates list and photos in it's own thread, and then disable the comments to keep it from becoming a conversation thread?  Cause it's the beginning of June and there will still be another 432 requests for it, at least:)

It's a good idea. We had that last year, but still had requests for it in the training camp thread numerous times a week.  People either didn't see it, didn't know it was there, or didn't read back enough pages to see the response when the last person before them asked for it.

Part of the problem was that the list thread isn't an "active" thread, so it falls further down on the list of threads as people post in the other threads. When it's the 5th or 6th thread on the list, it might as well be invisible.

I think the only thing that would have a chance of working is if there was a post pinned to the top of this thread that would always appear at the top of the most recent page, so you can't avoid seeing it when you come to the page. Or maybe if it could pinned at the bottom of the page, right above the box where you type in a new post. And it would have to be done by a mod so it had a different color and stood out so people would notice it.

Even then, I'm pretty sure we'd still get requests from people who aren't paying attention.

Human nature. Whattayagonnado?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Long time lurker, rare poster. 👋

Going back to a topic from a few days ago, I presume no knowledge of the candidate (Tiffani??) who didn't make training camp nor whether TPTB were upset by her "oversharing." But I do find it curious that of all the TCC and DCCs that I follow on Insta (which is NOT allow of them, but about 11), none of them have posted anything about Training Camp beyond their first meeting looks. Kristin has posted a couple of daytime Dallas tourist-y things in her story, but no "car selfies" or locker room shots or anything that would give us a candid view of the first week of training camp.

Perhaps the first week is just overwhelming and/or boring depending on what side pink and blue you're on, so there's nothing to post. But it seems curious.

I also thought it was very interesting that the second year vets that I follow all posted about being excited to earn back the boots. In years past, I always thought it was a "given" that if you had been on the squad and got back into TC, then you were in. Perhaps after the last couple of years of vets getting cut in camp, no one is taking it for granted. Or perhaps that's how it was presented them - the chance to earn their spot back doesn't stop at auditions, but at the end of training camp?

19 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Going back to a topic from a few days ago, I presume no knowledge of the candidate (Tiffani??) who didn't make training camp nor whether TPTB were upset by her "oversharing." But I do find it curious that of all the TCC and DCCs that I follow on Insta (which is NOT allow of them, but about 11), none of them have posted anything about Training Camp beyond their first meeting looks. Kristin has posted a couple of daytime Dallas tourist-y things in her story, but no "car selfies" or locker room shots or anything that would give us a candid view of the first week of training camp.

Perhaps the first week is just overwhelming and/or boring depending on what side pink and blue you're on, so there's nothing to post. But it seems curious.

I also thought it was very interesting that the second year vets that I follow all posted about being excited to earn back the boots. In years past, I always thought it was a "given" that if you had been on the squad and got back into TC, then you were in. Perhaps after the last couple of years of vets getting cut in camp, no one is taking it for granted. Or perhaps that's how it was presented them - the chance to earn their spot back doesn't stop at auditions, but at the end of training camp?

They stopped the whole veterans will be back on the squad if they make tc In season 3 I believe they called all vets into the locker room and had a meeting with them told them to get it together or face being cut from the team that they are eligible to be cut this year 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I feel like I’ve seen posts like that from vets in previous years. 

The lack of social media posts could be:

1.  nothing to post, busy lives

2. the Milan effect - otherwise known as when a former DCC does a podcast and TPTB have become cautious

3.  the VK effect - when news, rumors, gossip, etc about a TCC start before the first episode has even aired, and not only does an employee of the organization join the conversation, but another one gets defensive on social media

4.  none of the above

• LOL 1
  • Love 5