Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, loveaux said:

I am absolutely HOLLERING.

I leave the board to go work for a few hours and this is how y'all decide to wild out without me? 🤣🤣🤣

I have no self control when you're not here.

• LOL 2
57 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Actually, Ritalin is a stimulant. I have taken it since third grade. I am an adult ADD sufferer (though I hate to use that term. I have my coping mechanisms and behavior modification tactics, as well). Strattara is the only non-stimulant ADD treatment currently available. All others are stimulants.

Thank you for clarifying.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I vaguely recall Miranda posting a photo last summer thanking Marshall for updating her hair Or maybe it was on Marshall's page.

This. Allll day long.

The same consideration? Bite your tongue. You may be forgetting that Jalyn's initial makeover resulted in orange hair.

1243652721_2018DCC_JalynStough.jpg.c71beb7f7443accafdb38661fa572d0e.jpg

The theory that Tiffany got cut for talking too much is an interesting one, but I don't believe it holds water. If K&C didn't want the girls blabbing on social media, I think they would say so, and a girl like Tiffany, who spent the entire last year preparing for auditions would have kept her lips completely zipped.

Kelli told her to take them out and Kelli has to approve any changes to their look. I suppose Kelli may have changed her mind, but if she didn't, it seems unlikely to me that Miranda would have gone off and done it anyway.

I think that red dress is so cute. I have been trying to find it online.

You do realize around here this kind of statement is like waving a red flag at a bull, no?

It’s just ridiculous... I mean, none of these girls are ugly. It’s going to be a really long summer. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Locked and loaded???

Not quite fully locked but definitely loaded.

Thought her caption a strange choice of words.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Actually, Ritalin is a stimulant. I have taken it since third grade. I am an adult ADD sufferer (though I hate to use that term. I have my coping mechanisms and behavior modification tactics, as well). Strattara is the only non-stimulant ADD treatment currently available. All others are stimulants.

Same here, adult diagnosis and on (low dosage) Ritalin. Luckily I don't have the personality for addiction so that's not an issue but that is some serious stimulant and made me lose 24 pounds in a month when I started it. You simply forget you're hungry...

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Ok I've been thinking about this all day...and I was watching the old my cause my boots videos and I just really want to throw something out there. And I realize I'm new and may get hate for this but I genuinely do not understand why people on this board seem to have something against Maddie. There are a LOT of women on the team both now and or in the recent past that you can have legit qualms with, whether because they are not the most stellar star dancers, are 18 and have entitled attitudes and probable issues of nepotism, try WAY too hard to be 'sexy', have caused or been adjacent to serious drama or come off as self-involved and not about the team, or have had true-life negative interactions with them. Valid. Even some of the critiques on looks: Daphne for example who, while a stellar dancer, clearly there is something unhealthy going on, you can see the rapid drop in weight and the difference between a girl who is tall and thin naturally and weight lost in a bad manner. Meanwhile in all of these real issues that are valid reasons to not champion a person or dislike the person you believe someone  to be....Maddie's the issue? Isn't this the girl who's best friend/boyfriend {I'm not sure which it was, in one of the videos she did refer to him as her boyfriend} in high school had Down Syndrome? The boy she took to all of the school dances and prom and was her best friend until his death? It is really sadly rare that a  high schooler would be open-minded enough to date someone differently abled, especially in a small-town environment. And romantic love or just plain platonic love, you can see how much she adored this young man and what a profound impact his death had on her. That says a lot about who she is as a person to me. I love the fact that a girl who is very pretty, but in a normal, average ATTAINABLE way might be front and center. She may not be the thinnest {and she is not big by ANY standard} but she has womanly curves and a healthy body, and is a little bit of a nerd, and someone a lot of people could envision hanging out with in real life. I think it's really freaking awesome to have someone like that as point for once. Not a Barbie doll, just a normally attractive, seemingly genuine every-day girl who also happens to be a stellar dancer. And she IS a stellar dancer, her hip hop, for a studio dancer is GOOD. There's an ease to her musicality and flow and a joy she has when she dances that exudes.  Maddie Ziegler had the same thing when she was a little girl, good musicality like that is really not very teachable. It makes the difference between a really nice technical dancer and a performer. And I just don't understand why of all people pick on THIS girl? Because you don't like her hair? Listen curly hair is HARD, and her curly hair suits her much better than when she was trying to straighten it. You don't like her dancing? Like really. Be honest, with FEW exceptions and all around she is the strongest performer they have. Not saying there aren't others who are very good: Gina, Bridget, Jalyn. There is a REASON people on social media seem to respond to her the best and want her for point. She's someone that lots of people can identify with in addition to being talented. Just think about why there's so much vitriol against this one girl and maybe aim it towards the actual people and issues in the organization that deserve it...and let the girl be point if she gets it and be happy for her.  As I've said before, they could do a LOT worse than putting her front and center and having her be the face of the team for a year or two. 

I don’t  think there is a lot of hate against her. I think people are just complaining about her hair. I don’t think anyone could ever say anything about negative her character.

But she is no Maddie Ziegler. That’s why I had to respond. DCC Maddie would not make it in LA bc she’s not actually that good at hip hop. And as far as her ability to emote, she doesn’t make me feel anything when she dances. She keeps a pretty straight face unlike Ziegler who regularly makes me cry. There are a handful of dancers in LA who are hired for EVERYTHING. Artists in LA will literally wait until these guys and girls are free before they hire someone with less talent. (Erika Jayne talked about this on RHOBH, the Taylor Swift / Katy Perry fight was literally over this.) If you want to see the caliber of the dancers who make it into this in group look up Jade Cheynoweth and Dee Glazer. These are the type of dancers that artists fight over and wait for. Maddie does not compare to them... god forbid Maddie Ziegler. Even Holly P is having a difficult time being noticed outside the DCC bubble. 

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Love 11

Looks aside, Maddie has poor technique for a self proclaimed studio rat. Does not finish moves, no fluidity, can do some tricks but doesn’t finish them either, poor extension. She really is not that technically good and I don’t seethe musicality either. Lines aren’t great. Kicks are low and bent. 

Shes a novelty act in my opinion of a nerdy white Mormon girl who smiles huge while she’s doing some half assed hip hop and for whatever reason they love it.

i do not get it. At all. 

Savannah isn’t my fave but she is pretty and fit, etc. Gina is downright homely but girl can dance. Daphne is too thin right now but excellent technique. Miranda gets grief but she’s pretty and keeps up. Rachel W irritates me but she can def dance and is in shape. Hannah who I love looks harsh sometimes but has beautiful lines and technique. Brennan doesn’t photograph well but very fit and can keep up with dance. Trying to think who else gets grief but has stuff to make up for it. 

Maddie is literally the only one besides Christina that I would never even have let into training camp. I feel like she is a good decent person but lacks in the major job requirements ie kicks, weight, looks, dance. 

• Love 17
(edited)
15 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

Yeah, Maddie ain’t got stellar musicality or flow.... just basic

Maddie doing her best in a staged performance 

Delaney, literally in class

Jade, also in class

But do they know what the 'Me-too' movement is?

Edited by Pau84
I added accidentally an image and I removed it quickly
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

6 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

HAHAHAHA. I certainly hope they do!

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

I love Maddie's  hair here.  Very reminiscent of her rookie season.

Yep! Her rookie cameo below.  Although seeing how tight her curls are, this must have been a pain in the neck to maintain.  Maybe she had a keratin treatment to loosen the curl.

image.png.20f8f3619efb12d940570e5234977cf5.png

• Love 8
8 hours ago, kalibean said:

Oh goodness...I know trends change but I’m only finding half of these gals cute, and Cassie made my cut. I just never warmed to the Trevino sisters and Brooke always looks a (fun) hot mess. 

I am not a Trevino sister fan, either. Crystal looked cross eyed at some angles and Trisha was not very pretty. She was photogenic, though. I always thought Erin and Brooke were pretty, especially Erin. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

For the record: Amanda does not look like Victoria!

Someone wrote: I guess I like Wednesday nights now!

Have you watched any of Amanda's IG dance videos? No way VeeKay even comes *close* to dancing like her. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Ok I've been thinking about this all day...and I was watching the old my cause my boots videos and I just really want to throw something out there. And I realize I'm new and may get hate for this but I genuinely do not understand why people on this board seem to have something against Maddie. There are a LOT of women on the team both now and or in the recent past that you can have legit qualms with, whether because they are not the most stellar star dancers, are 18 and have entitled attitudes and probable issues of nepotism, try WAY too hard to be 'sexy', have caused or been adjacent to serious drama or come off as self-involved and not about the team, or have had true-life negative interactions with them. Valid. Even some of the critiques on looks: Daphne for example who, while a stellar dancer, clearly there is something unhealthy going on, you can see the rapid drop in weight and the difference between a girl who is tall and thin naturally and weight lost in a bad manner. Meanwhile in all of these real issues that are valid reasons to not champion a person or dislike the person you believe someone  to be....Maddie's the issue? Isn't this the girl who's best friend/boyfriend {I'm not sure which it was, in one of the videos she did refer to him as her boyfriend} in high school had Down Syndrome? The boy she took to all of the school dances and prom and was her best friend until his death? It is really sadly rare that a  high schooler would be open-minded enough to date someone differently abled, especially in a small-town environment. And romantic love or just plain platonic love, you can see how much she adored this young man and what a profound impact his death had on her. That says a lot about who she is as a person to me. I love the fact that a girl who is very pretty, but in a normal, average ATTAINABLE way might be front and center. She may not be the thinnest {and she is not big by ANY standard} but she has womanly curves and a healthy body, and is a little bit of a nerd, and someone a lot of people could envision hanging out with in real life. I think it's really freaking awesome to have someone like that as point for once. Not a Barbie doll, just a normally attractive, seemingly genuine every-day girl who also happens to be a stellar dancer. And she IS a stellar dancer, her hip hop, for a studio dancer is GOOD. There's an ease to her musicality and flow and a joy she has when she dances that exudes.  Maddie Ziegler had the same thing when she was a little girl, good musicality like that is really not very teachable. It makes the difference between a really nice technical dancer and a performer. And I just don't understand why of all people pick on THIS girl? Because you don't like her hair? Listen curly hair is HARD, and her curly hair suits her much better than when she was trying to straighten it. You don't like her dancing? Like really. Be honest, with FEW exceptions and all around she is the strongest performer they have. Not saying there aren't others who are very good: Gina, Bridget, Jalyn. There is a REASON people on social media seem to respond to her the best and want her for point. She's someone that lots of people can identify with in addition to being talented. Just think about why there's so much vitriol against this one girl and maybe aim it towards the actual people and issues in the organization that deserve it...and let the girl be point if she gets it and be happy for her.  As I've said before, they could do a LOT worse than putting her front and center and having her be the face of the team for a year or two. 

ITA. I can't get on the Maddie hate train, either. She is very cute and has this innocent quality about her I like. She does not ooze sexy like some of the others do. To me, that is refreshing. KJ and Charlotte are the real mean girls. 

• Love 19
(edited)
40 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Have you watched any of Amanda's IG dance videos? No way VeeKay even comes *close* to dancing like her. 

tenor.gif.2676dbe5322527193706b5b2842ad126.gif

VK doesn't come close, not even in a million years.

Edited by Pau84
EDITED to clarify
  • Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Blonde Judy is trying to hard to be an edgy grandma. The Southern Victorian Goth look looks ridiculous on her.

I'm glad someone else said it....because I love Judy and she is usually on point with her outfit choices...this one....not so much...and Kelli...I know she loves her monochromatic outfits, but that mustard does her no favors.  

RE: The Trevino sisters....I didn't care for either one of them...just thought they were OK both in dancing and looks.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Hmmm I hadn't thought of that... 🙂

Any guesses on 2nds?

My hopes for seconds : Miranda, Lexie, Alexis, Rachel/Molly (either is fine).  They seem to be ones they can really count on and they also aren't fake and pretentious like Gina.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Tess, Maddie, Heather, and Amy all seem like perfect nice girls. I have nothing whatsoever against them, but if these are the 4 group leaders, which seems likely, I can’t remember a more boring group of 4. 

Well two were group leaders last season, and one was a second...I agree on Amy...she has always bored me...even though she is cute as a button and is a good dancer.  Tess...is a blender, but she is tall and beautiful, and made show group last season.  I have always found Maddie to be spunky and cute, I know a lot don't, but that's just my opinion 🙂  Heather is a rock star in my book and should have been a group leader last year. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I’m guessing no, seeing that Dee is still giving Chris Brown a platform in her video. He’s human garbage. Plenty of great dance music out there without continuing to give him a career.

• Love 7

It's really not fair to compare any of these girls to Delainey, Jade, or Kaycee (I added her because I love her). Those girls are the absolute cream of the crop and very few are comparable. Maddie seems to be a pretty strong dancer who is content to dance for the best level that she knows she is. If she thought she was Kaycee level, then I would think she would be in LA at Millennium taking classes. I, rather enjoy watching her hip hop solos. Not the strongest I've seen but she doesnt look like a fish out of water either.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, YellowRose said:

I might be off topic...but someone mentioned this dress earlier.

I think this dress should go into the Smithsonian along with the DCC uniforms. lol

(Honestly, I admire the girls for not running out and buying a new outfit every time they are on camera- good for them!)

IMG_8347.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.38.11 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 3.30.16 PM.jpg

IMG_8346.jpg

If this dress makes an appearance at the etiquette dinner event they have, I'll be convinced they are trolling us lol

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't understand why the DCC are at the CMT awards...no one was even paying attention to them

Why were so many CMT artists featured as inspiration on MTT?

The DCC were at the CMT awards because CMT wants: 

1. to draw people in with DCC 
  2. to expose viewers of DCC to CMT artists

Which is very odd since DCC is worldwide and the music feautured on CMT is not.

It reminds me of that Blues Brothers scene

Elwood:
What kind of music do you usually have here?

Bar lady:
Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, YellowRose said:

Agree with Laurenbrook-  I like Savannah too. Also, I  know a couple of folks who met her- one through the kids' camps- said she was great with the little ones, and one on an appearance, said she was sweet as can be. I don't understand the dislike- but everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. Is she photogenic?- yes I think so...in fact a DCC just posted a pic...I too think she is stunning

Image-1-4 2.jpg

Agree agree 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

If this dress makes an appearance at the etiquette dinner event they have, I'll be convinced they are trolling us lol

I watched An episode last night. I think it might have been the last episode for last season.  KELLI was wearing the dress. Or maybe I’m mistaken and was half asleep 

8 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Ok I've been thinking about this all day...and I was watching the old my cause my boots videos and I just really want to throw something out there. And I realize I'm new and may get hate for this but I genuinely do not understand why people on this board seem to have something against Maddie. 

I completely agree, I really like Maddie. I know she isn't glamorous, but I think it's nice to have someone front and center who is cute, approachable, and has worked hard to get the DCC style. I think she's someone that little girls can look up to and looks healthy. I do think it's nice to have a variety, and she's proven herself to be reliable and loyal, never overshares on social media and has good values. I honestly wouldn't mind her being point, but I doubt she will be. I hope she keeps her position in the second row though. Also, they probably like that she's someone who is vocal about her religion but doesn't get inappropriate with her opinions (RW...). I'm not saying this as my personal opinion, just what TPTB must be thinking, especially to appeal to the texas area. 

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Ok I've been thinking about this all day...and I was watching the old my cause my boots videos and I just really want to throw something out there. And I realize I'm new and may get hate for this but I genuinely do not understand why people on this board seem to have something against Maddie. [snip]

Hey girl, welcome to the boards. It's great that you support Maddie, she seems like a nice person. Every DCC has both fans and detractors here. Your opinions are welcome, but please help us out with some paragraph breaks. That was extremely difficult to read.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Same here, adult diagnosis and on (low dosage) Ritalin. Luckily I don't have the personality for addiction so that's not an issue but that is some serious stimulant and made me lose 24 pounds in a month when I started it. You simply forget you're hungry...

Never had the lack-of-hunger issue (which is why I'm on NOOM, and am successfully losing weight). In my case, it was/is a miracle drug. I can focus, get things done, less anxiety, more confidence. I started taking it in 3rd grade, and my grades sky rocketed. Everyone's brain chemistry is different, and if a prescription isn't working out , then your doctor should be notified, and changes should be made.

1 hour ago, J-R said:

I watched An episode last night. I think it might have been the last episode for last season.  KELLI was wearing the dress. Or maybe I’m mistaken and was half asleep 

Yes Kelli has worn this dress. Probably a larger size though. 

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Shes a novelty act in my opinion of a nerdy white Mormon girl who smiles huge while she’s doing some half assed hip hop and for whatever reason they love it.

Not really a novelty. BYU is one of the best college hip hop dance teams in the country. Hip hop is definitely part of the Utah Mormon culture.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yep! Her rookie cameo below.  Although seeing how tight her curls are, this must have been a pain in the neck to maintain.  Maybe she had a keratin treatment to loosen the curl.

image.png.20f8f3619efb12d940570e5234977cf5.png

Oh wow, I forgot how much better her hair used to look.  I do like this look on her better than the flat-ironed look in the Star Wars t-shirt picture.

PS I'm a big Maddie fan.  She seems genuine and comfortable in her own skin, which is much more consistent with what I believe the image of the Girl Next Door should be, as opposed to the big-boobed male sexual fantasy definition of that term more commonly adopted by this team.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the desire to have the pin-up doll members of this squad as well because, let's be honest, feeding that male sexual fantasy is a big part of why this squad exists.  But that is not the only demographic this team serves, and I, for one, appreciate having other options for myself and my daughter to follow and enjoy.   

• Love 18
2 hours ago, J-R said:

lol

The finalists and TC candidates list topic has been consolidated with this one (since it was no longer a list and became just another discussion thread.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:

Never had the lack-of-hunger issue (which is why I'm on NOOM, and am successfully losing weight). In my case, it was/is a miracle drug. I can focus, get things done, less anxiety, more confidence. I started taking it in 3rd grade, and my grades sky rocketed. Everyone's brain chemistry is different, and if a prescription isn't working out , then your doctor should be notified, and changes should be made.

For people with ADHD it works by replacing the chemical the brain is lacking. For people without it's an extra stimulant.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Looks aside, Maddie has poor technique for a self proclaimed studio rat. Does not finish moves, no fluidity, can do some tricks but doesn’t finish them either, poor extension. She really is not that technically good and I don’t seethe musicality either. Lines aren’t great. Kicks are low and bent. 

i do not get it. 

You have to consider who the judges are. A bunch of middle aged well to do white people. Most don’t even have a dance background, let alone a hip hop one. 

It reminds me of Chris Rock saying if a white guy likes a rap song it’s probably the worst rap song ever written. I mean that in jest, not trying to trigger anyone, lol 😝 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

In another note, I wish Kelli would retire the sleeveless dresses. They are not flattering. They need to go in the incinerator with Skeletor’s  mini skirts

• LOL 4
  • Love 13