Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 6/8/2019 at 7:48 PM, scorpio1031 said:

The lack of social media posts could be:

1.  nothing to post, busy lives

2. the Milan effect - otherwise known as when a former DCC does a podcast and TPTB have become cautious

3.  the VK effect - when news, rumors, gossip, etc about a TCC start before the first episode has even aired, and not only does an employee of the organization join the conversation, but another one gets defensive on social media

4.  none of the above

I was pretty active on the forum last year, but I totally missed the defensive employee, although I think I have an idea who he is, can you fill me in on this?

7 minutes ago, jlc said:

I was pretty active on the forum last year, but I totally missed the defensive employee, although I think I have an idea who he is, can you fill me in on this?

I think they're talking about Marshall handling someone on instagram who was rude in their questioning of VK if you saw that a few pages back

10 minutes ago, jlc said:

I think, and I hope I am not the only one, but it seems to me that the best part of being a DCC is the life afterwards. Look at how they are all still constantly being celebrated by management, or getting high paying jobs with the team, traveling as all stars for the team, invitations to just about everything. Seems to me life is pretty darn good for a former DCC!

Good point. DO you think it's equal to all former DCC or only those that stuck around multiple years? Like I literally had no idea Natalie had such an integral position within the organization until someone mentioned it last year. She only cheered one season right? So for her, it seems good. But I thought someone said it was an initially sour parting? I really can't remember. DO you think even cut vets have former DCC payoff? This year returning VETs kinda surprised me. I expected more girls to not return from rookies last year. It seemed so rough. But if they survived the VK chaos, perhaps they have great inner strength.

I do hope most find some type of post DCC payoff. It does seem they marry well as their DCC life goes, but I am sure these ladies do not go into it with that in mind. Options just become available with being so publicly adored.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, jlc said:

I know last year Judy got pissy on Twitter. And Kelly also got snippy when gentlemen challenged her that it was too much favoritism and she replied' I think we can all agree all these ladies a talented" or something like that. This guy blasted her back saying something like "fans are not stupid we see the double standards...blah blah blah..., something along those lines I believe. Someone correct me, it was Judy who got snappy right? Any remember the exact comment. She quickly deleted her defensive post as I recall. after realizing it crossed the lines and exposed her further. Oh, I wish someone could find those old posts. But it sounds like the trend continues and we are in for more bull surrounding VK. Geeze, I hope not.

PS-Don't trust my tired old brain. I may be getting some details mixed up. So hopefully someone else responds to your post too.

Edited by IzzyEnd
Lots and lots and lots and lots of typos....lots
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, IzzyEnd said:

Good point. DO you think it's equal to all former DCC or only those that stuck around multiple years? Like I literally had no idea Natalie had such an integral position within the organization until someone mentioned it last year. She only cheered one season right? So for her, it seems good. But I thought someone said it was an initially sour parting? I really can't remember. DO you think even cut vets have former DCC payoff? This year returning VETs kinda surprised me. I expected more girls to not return from rookies last year. It seemed so rough. But if they survived the VK chaos, perhaps they have great inner strength.

I do hope most find some type of post DCC payoff. It does seem they marry well as their DCC life goes, but I am sure these ladies do not go into it with that in mind. Options just become available with being so publicly adored.

I don't necessarily think it is the same level of "benefits" for every vet, but I also think there are a lot more vets working for this organization than we know of. I am sure some of the girls want nothing to do with the DCC, like Kalyssa or Alexandria, or Chelsea, but some of the vets I am pretty sure are living their best life thanks to the DCC.

2 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

Wasn't it Judy who got pissy on Twitter last year? And Kelly also got snippy when gentlemen challenged her that it was too much favoritism and she replied' I think we can all agree all these ladies a talented" or something like that. This guy blasted her back saying something like "fans are not stupid we see the double standards...blah blah blah..., something along those lines I believe. Someone correct me, it was Judy who got snappy right? Any remember the exact comment. She quickly deleted her defensive post as I recall. after realizing it crossed the lines and exposed her further. Oh, I wish someone could find those old posts.

PS-Don't trust my tired old brain. I may be getting some details mixed up. So hopefully someone else responds to your post too.

Thank you. 😊

1 minute ago, jlc said:

I don't necessarily think it is the same level of "benefits" for every vet, but I also think there are a lot more vets working for this organization than we know of. I am sure some of the girls want nothing to do with the DCC, like Kalyssa or Alexandria, or Chelsea, but some of the vets I am pretty sure are living their best life thanks to the DCC.

Exactly. This is why ambitious women like VK and Gina want "it" so badly. There could be worse things for a young woman to strive, for. Like Kelly said "This is a safe environment for a young women to grow" Team Gina & VK!!!!

22 minutes ago, jlc said:

I was pretty active on the forum last year, but I totally missed the defensive employee, although I think I have an idea who he is, can you fill me in on

15 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think they're talking about Marshall handling someone on instagram who was rude in their questioning of VK if you saw that a few pages back

2 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

Wasn't it Judy who got pissy on Twitter last year

My post was referring to Judy and her getting defensive on social media last year.  I forgot about Kelli and Marshall.  Judy's post is somewhere on the forum.  I'll see if I can find it.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Judy's post is somewhere on the forum.  I'll see if I can find it.

Are you thinking of this one?  I'm glad I'm not in their shoes.  We only see a fraction of what really goes on and I doubt it's easy.  

704345253_judystweet.thumb.png.4b993568d4d025116bf4f774743f4eb1.png

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Are you thinking of this one?  I'm glad I'm not in their shoes.  We only see a fraction of what really goes on and I doubt it's easy.  

Unpopular opinion - I agree, how can we, as the audience, judge VK & Gina from 15 minutes of highly edited content?

Edited by Guest
added comma
Just now, AsIf said:

Unpopular opinion -

Welcome to the unpopular opinion club.  We may be a small group but we've been known to serve a batch of loaded nachos and a pitcher of mean margaritas from time to time. 😉

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, AsIf said:

Unpopular opinion - I agree, how can we, as the audience, judge VK & Gina from 15 minutes of highly edited content?

What I objected to was the tone of Judy's tweet talking about "you all sitting on your couch." Tale as old as time...a reality show participant shaming the fans for WATCHING YOUR SHOW and gasp having opinions. I think the pressure was getting to Judy. Not a great look responding in that way and she knew it because she deleted the tweets. 

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Obviously they are different in a larger societal context- my question was whether Kelli and Judy consider them differently when assembling their "bouquet of cheerleaders." I don't believe they do.

I actually think they do at least when it comes to assembling the 4 groups - the large triangle formation, not so much. We’ve seen 5 blondes in a group, but I don’t think we would see 5 Asian girls in a group or would’ve seen Robyn/Jenna/Cersten/Khalyn/Keyra in a group, even though they were all varying years of seniority and had different looks.

I agree with the initial post tho that it’s no more insulting to group women by race than hair color in this context. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, AsIf said:

Exactly. This is why ambitious women like VK and Gina want "it" so badly. There could be worse things for a young woman to strive, for. Like Kelly said "This is a safe environment for a young women to grow" Team Gina & VK!!!!

Yeah because not going to college, not working, living with your parents and only aiming at making a cheerleading squad screams ambition.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Where is this from?  IG or Twitter?

29 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

What I objected to was the tone of Judy's tweet about "you all sitting on your couch." Tale as old as time...a reality show participant shaming the fans for WATCHING YOUR SHOW and gasp having opinions. I think the pressure was getting to Judy. Not a great look responding in that way and she knew it because she deleted the tweets. 

A thousand times yes.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I actually think they do at least when it comes to assembling the 4 groups - the large triangle formation, not so much. We’ve seen 5 blondes in a group, but I don’t think we would see 5 Asian girls in a group or would’ve seen Robyn/Jenna/Cersten/Khalyn/Keyra in a group, even though they were all varying years of seniority and had different looks.

I agree with the initial post tho that it’s no more insulting to group women by race than hair color in this context. 

I'm not sure they could avoid having 5 blondes in a group, since they're like half the team 😛

But point taken.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yeah because not going to college, not working, living with your parents and only aiming at making a cheerleading squad screams ambition.

I think the path is different for everybody. There could be worse things to aspire for as a young woman living in this day and age.

1 minute ago, AsIf said:

I think the path is different for everybody. There could be worse things to aspire for as a young woman living in this day and age.

Like? Because Victoria is way to young to devote her life to dcc and she doesn’t have the skills to follow a career in dance. She will either get married right away (pretty much like Cassie) or get a few gigs here and there with mommy’s support at best. Or maybe Kelli will hire her in some capacity. Sure we all have different dreams, but not all of us have to or should be labeled ambitious-VK certainly not. Gina seems hella ambitious though.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

Like? Because Victoria is way to young to devote her life to dcc and she doesn’t have the skills to follow a career in dance. She will either get married right away (pretty much like Cassie) or get a few gigs here and there with mommy’s support at best. Or maybe Kelli will hire her in some capacity. Sure we all have different dreams, but not all of us have to or should be labeled ambitious-VK certainly not. Gina seems hella ambitious though.

IMHO. Ambition is not a negative label.

I don't think I would know how ambitious someone is by reading their social media, especially at such a young age.  

These girls whose parents have money and help them--wow--I am so happy for them.   How different my life "may" have been had I had such privileges.  I never got to take piano, ballet, go out for cheerleading, nothing.   It's different now but I'm too old to be a ballet dancer!  And I had really good turn out!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

There have been times where I feel like some of them more or less tried out for the perks that come with being a DCC, in particular finding a well-off husband.

3 hours ago, AsIf said:

As far as VK, there wasn’t a need for context behind the worst of what she did. May not have known all the details but they showed enough to make it clear she was getting preferential treatment and she wasn’t even grateful for that. Any other girl would’ve been blacklisted for the BS she pulled.

• Love 12
(edited)

There is a lot of Gina and Victoria hate on this forum. I wonder who's disliked the most?

Edited by Guest
fixed "whose"

I'm hungry for training camp deets! I hope @ByTor is right and we get the group announcements (and pics) soon. I'd love to see Lexie, Molly, Gina, and Rachel A as 2nd leaders. I'm also hoping that predictions are right that Heather O will be a group leader. I read that she was not kept in a leadership position last year for something she did (or didn't do), but there never were any clear suggestions about what that was. Anyone got any dirt on this for us? It seems she survived her punishment and had a stellar year because she got Vet of the Year, which I think is unusual for one who is not retiring that year. I think that says so much about her personality and leadership and level of respect from her team mates, and I hope she gets an official leadership position this year.

I know there's no point living in the past, but if Maggie hadn't retired, I feel like she would be the lead contender for point this year. I miss her! Hope she's loving life and enjoying being closer to family.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, AsIf said:

There is a lot of Gina and Victoria hate on this forum. I wonder who's disliked the most?

Yep.  And you just might be surprised at how nasty some of the comments will get...

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I'm hungry for training camp deets! I hope @ByTor is right and we get the group announcements (and pics) soon. I'd love to see Lexie, Molly, Gina, and Rachel A as 2nd leaders. I'm also hoping that predictions are right that Heather O will be a group leader. I read that she was not kept in a leadership position last year for something she did (or didn't do), but there never were any clear suggestions about what that was. Anyone got any dirt on this for us? It seems she survived her punishment and had a stellar year because she got Vet of the Year, which I think is unusual for one who is not retiring that year. I think that says so much about her personality and leadership and level of respect from her team mates, and I hope she gets an official leadership position this year.

I know there's no point living in the past, but if Maggie hadn't retired, I feel like she would be the lead contender for point this year. I miss her! Hope she's loving life and enjoying being closer to family.

I agree about Maggie! I miss her!

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I still miss Maggie.  Loved her quick wit, sense of humor and cat-like eyes.  I agree she could have been a contender for point.  She will always be one of my all time favs.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, go4luca said:

Welcome to the unpopular opinion club.  We may be a small group but we've been known to serve a batch of loaded nachos and a pitcher of mean margaritas from time to time. 😉

And serve up some lively conversation, too. 😀

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, AsIf said:

Gina I agree with -- she got (and still does to some extent) a lot of hate for the segment about not being a team player, etc. We took that one snippet and ran with it. Was it a true portrayal then? Who knows. It does seem like she is a much loved and loving team member now, but that scene will always follow her around.

With Victoria we unfortunately got way more than 15 minutes of highly edited content -- starting with Kelli shutting Scott down in the judges' deliberations. One scene, heck even an entire episode, you could question/ignore as being highly edited/skewed to make VK & TPTB look unfavourable, but it happened multiple times in every freaking episode. They couldn't have made the favourtism/preferential treatment more obvious if they tried.

• Love 15

What did Milan say in her podcast that was so bad? I do think TCCs are keeping quiet for a reason, whether it’s bc they want to control their own narrative (and they don’t know how it ends yet) or its coming from TPTB.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

What did Milan say in her podcast that was so bad? I do think TCCs are keeping quiet for a reason, whether it’s bc they want to control their own narrative (and they don’t know how it ends yet) or its coming from TPTB.

Nothing we haven't heard before. Just a lot of negative about the DCC environment & management.

Really, if you're TPTB & upset about Milan's podcast, you don't call a moratorium on social media posts -- you do the opposite and encourage the girls to  post lots of positive content (and, honestly, if you're really trying to be a DCC, you're not going to be putting negative stuff out there (if you have any brains) -- it's going to be how great everything is).

I think any radio silence has more to do with trying to keep things under wraps for the show (prevent spoilers) than a reaction to Milan's podcast.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, veronicamers said:

What I objected to was the tone of Judy's tweet about "you all sitting on your couch." Tale as old as time...a reality show participant shaming the fans for WATCHING YOUR SHOW and gasp having opinions. I think the pressure was getting to Judy. Not a great look responding in that way and she knew it because she deleted the tweets. 

That’s why I changed my name to pizza and cats because they always say go sit with your pizza and play with your cats haha.  Never mind I’m a marathoner who is also a mom to two little ones.  I’m just a big ass loser and I don’t care. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I think the radio silence has more to do with trying to keep things under wraps for the show (prevent spoilers) than a reaction to Milan's podcast

Last year, we had so much to talk about before the season even began, and I think we got spoiled.  This year, we are a little bored waiting for something to happen.  

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

Gina I agree with -- she got (and still does to some extent) a lot of hate for the segment about not being a team player, etc. We took that one snippet and ran with it. Was it a true portrayal then? Who knows. It does seem like she is a much loved and loving team member now, but that scene will always follow her around.

With Victoria we unfortunately got way more than 15 minutes of highly edited content -- starting with Kelli shutting Scott down in the judges' deliberations. One scene, heck even an entire episode, you could question/ignore as being highly edited/skewed to make VK & TPTB look unfavourable, but it happened multiple times in every freaking episode. They couldn't have made the favourtism/preferential treatment more obvious if they tried.

Agreed. I did not like Gina her first year AT ALL and it was largely due to those moments. She grew on me last year and despite her face (a pleasant smile is not always her friend), I admire her dancing and the good things I’ve heard about her with regards to Camp DCC etc. 

VK was a cumulative thing that just got worse and worse. By the end when she was cut, it was a relief to see the drama go that came along with the hair pulling immaturity, overt lying and disrespect, and overlooking of major weight gain that Kitty refused to address rationally. That was no 15-minute edit but an entire season. 

I will be very interested to see if TPTB even address her behavior/actions from last year on the show at all or just act like it never happened.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, amandaellen87 said:

As much as I wished Malena made the team this year has it been discussed why she didn't make training camp? I was caught up at page 40... then didn't read for a week or so lol 

Nothing really beyond the snippets we saw of her. Her solo lacked power, but I don't think we got video of her on the field. I worked that day do I may have missed it. Most likely she was out danced. In the videos of her at prep classes it was obvious she still struggled picking up choreography. 

• Love 4

I love this new training gear. I hate the ones that are really strappy, I’m not sure they’ll hold very much in them! Great for the girls with smaller boobs, not very good for anyone else!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, AsIf said:

For me it's Gina, hands down.  I actually really like Victoria....unpopular opinion I know.

12 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i don't think TPTB have shushed the girls from posting on SM.  this is honestly very typical. 

i think there is a very good chance heather o will be a GL. point, not sure.  

I hope so. I LOVE heather!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Nothing really beyond the snippets we saw of her. Her solo lacked power, but I don't think we got video of her on the field. I worked that day do I may have missed it. Most likely she was out danced. In the videos of her at prep classes it was obvious she still struggled picking up choreography. 

Where could I find her solo? Or is it no longer available?

40 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Just saw on Lisa the costume lady’s FB page that today is uniform fitting day. CMT is there to film it at the Star in Frisco. 

Saw that on her ig so exciting 

• Love 2