Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, haphazard said:

We cancelled out Direct TV and have only HULU now. Do you think Hulu will televise DCCMTT? Is there another way to see the episodes? Thank you for your help

You can buy them on itunes or amazon prime, I usually go with amazon prime

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DAthene said:

I wonder how much time they actually have to put something together and master it for a full song. I’m not a dancer so I’m actually posing this as a real question for those that are.  

And then add the rehearsal time on top of training camp.  

But, yes, I recall that little body roll from the days of Rachel Buckmaster, lol  

Well I don’t think they were invited last week or so, they probably knew for a while that this was coming up. Otherwise of course I wouldn’t expect them to go with new choreo in the middle of tc just for one event they were invited to at the last minute.

1 hour ago, Tarode said:

Amanda should stick to dancing. Is she going to be another Kalyssa - waiting for the next big thing?

Well I wouldn’t go down kalyssa’s path, but I sure hope all of these girls are waiting for the next big thing. Dancing in underwear for little money is hardly a big thing in the real world in any case.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, haphazard said:

We cancelled out Direct TV and have only HULU now. Do you think Hulu will televise DCCMTT? Is there another way to see the episodes? Thank you for your help

I only have Hulu now too. Last year, I paid for the season on Amazon.  The shows would be on the next day. That's what I will do again this year. Good luck 

I tried the CMT app, but I could  never get the show to play. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tarode said:

I only have Hulu now too. Last year, I paid for the season on Amazon.  The shows would be on the next day. That's what I will do again this year. Good luck 

I tried the CMT app, but I could  never get the show to play. 

The one thing I wouldn't advise is purchasing the season on iTunes.  They are known for being super slow to post episodes.  This coming from a die hard Mac user.  I saw far too many posts on this forum from folks really upset at how long it took to watch their episode via iTunes.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

You can buy them on itunes or amazon prime, I usually go with amazon prime

Then you can join all of us who buy them in the frustration and race to see which vendor makes them available first - it provided quite the bonding opportunity for all of us last year as we waited and waited and waited some more some weeks.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, hathorlive said:

He sings good enough to do  a song in the Cher Kennedy Center honors along with Cyndi Lauper and others. I think he was also on Broadway in Wicked.  His voice is pretty amazing.  No one can replace Freddie Mercury but he's given the band another round of life.

I don't think F Mercury has a good voice either *runs and hides*

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

Holly P could have rocked it. I miss Holly and I miss the team when there were more than 1 or 2 power dancers, which also means the dancers bring extra sparkle & umph to the team.  

It seems like everyone is middle of the road, to me.  

I guess it just depends on the way you perceive the point position. I think of it as a position represented by a strong dancer and leader. Someone who has worked her way up and knows the ropes to be at the point of the squad. Not everyone sees that but I like to think of it that way. A lot of the current girls do feel middle of the road to me as well. Since her rookie year I’ve never been a fan of BRIDGET FOR POINT! because she’s like Maddie to me, she looks like a little girl (yikes, sorry) and it just doesn’t feel like she belongs in that spot - regardless of where she was on the Chargers. We’re not comparing apples to apples when it comes to the two squads. Just my opinion..  Someone like Nicole Hamilton, sure I buy that. But that’s a situation that hasn’t happened in a very long time. 

• Love 3

LOL, is that Howie Mandell in Amanda's video?!? It really looks like him, and he even shouts out the window that his name is Howard. I thought it was a kind of funny video that shows she's cute, can dance (though why in that hot pink biker shorts and top?), and doesn't take herself too seriously. The other video showed she has real snap and pop in her dance and I would bet way more control than her other tall blonde TCC colleague.

As for Amy's mess up, I do think that would damage her chances at point, if she is in the running. You could see that she spaced on what moves came next and was looking for guidance. You can't do that at point, ever. She may get a very forward position, but if I were TPTB, I'd lack complete confidence in putting her out there with no one to guide off of or look at in a frazzled moment. Everyone is going on about them using the same old choreography, but Amy, their most senior vet, couldn't remember all of it. Everyone messus up, yes, but not what you want out of your most senior DCC or point girl.

• Love 9
On 7/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, go4luca said:

Here's another option. Just mix it way the heck up and put Hannah at point. The girl slayed during the Queen performance.

I know her look isn't for everyone but I think she's stunning in many of her photographs. She could easily have print modeling in her future.

Then stand back & watch this forum implode. 😂

(and yes, I know the likelihood of this happening is marginal, lol)

I have to support Hannah. And to an extent, Savannah. They're fellow gingers! Gingers rule!

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My favorite front man for Queen lasted for about 3 minutes when George Michael sang "Somebody to Love"  at the F. M. benefit concert. Now I'm dating myself, but George Michael belted that out like none other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

My favorite front man for Queen lasted for about 3 minutes when George Michael sang "Somebody to Love"  at the F. M. benefit concert. Now I'm dating myself, but George Michael belted that out like none other. 

No doubt. That performance always gives me chills. I adore George Michael and will Stan him forever.

• Love 5
(edited)

I agree that AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" is getting stale. It would be nice to see them perform to other music, once in a while. I thought about it, and came up with some ideas (now this is my taste in music, so take it with a grain of salt). Lyrics and video's can be found online, so you can read/listen, if you like.

Brett Dennen's "Already Gone": upbeat, slightly Country Swing, quick paced. Something TPTB seem to like.

Daft Punk's "Technologic": good, strong beat, matches the DCC style. It is Techno, so might be okay with TPTB.

2NE1's "I Am the Best": out of left field. It's K-Pop (Korean pop music), so doubt TPTB would even give it a listen, much less approve it. However, it's upbeat, quick paced, and I could see the DCC enjoying dancing to it.

Now, if you want snarky...

Elle King's "America's Sweetheart": yeah, I know it was used in the DCC documentary, but I'm an evil, little cuss, and the irony would be delicious!

Edited by Muckypup61
Mispelling
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

I agree that AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" is getting stale. It would be nice to see them perform to other music, once in a while. 

Did someone just post a video of them performing the “Thunderstruck” routine to JT’s “SexyBack”...that was weird.

1 hour ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Amanda Dilks looks so much like VK in this video....that can't be good for Amanda going forward. 

All that hair flipping gave me a headache!!

(edited)
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Bingo.

I’ll just leave it at I’ve seen nothing on her social media in over a year that shows she’s a homophobe, so I was just wondering if you had any additional information. Moving on! Seriously not trying to be combative.... I don’t like the idea of a homophobe on the team any more than you or anyone else. She just seems like a really nice girl. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

I've been wondering the same and my best recollection is no.  Perhaps @ShellyB can enlighten us if it has ever happened?

Yes, but before this show started. And the majority of Vets that season were 2 years...#lastcentury. 

Edit: there were others in the early 2000s. But, the difference from those years to starting in 2010 is that the pregame performance changed every game....song, formations, etc. the only thing that was consistent was the kickline. The front of the formations had the same people, mostly SG members, but several people had chances to be “the point” every season. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, haphazard said:

There is an app called cinemafreeapk which goes on an Android device or a PC.  You download it.  It is a little complicated until you get the hang of it.  It is free, and the current episode is usually available the next day.  It does have all seasons except 1&2, but not all are complete.  The most current seasons are complete.

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Ironically, Queen performed at the finale for Season 8 with Adam Lambert and Kris Allen singing "We are the Champions" and it was an amazing performance (I thought).  I never understood how Kris Allen could have won that season because he seemed pastel and bland when he performed while Adam killed it.  At least, I thought so but I only watched the finale.  Adam Lambert also did an a capella version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" when he auditioned for the show.  If I remember correctly, Queen was interested in having Adam Lambert perform with them even back then after hearing him during rehearsals.

Evidently, Kris Allen released several albums and is still performing/touring, but I never hear his music on the radio and never hear about him in the media.  It seems like he dropped off the face of the earth within a year of the show except in the occasional "American Idol"-themed articles that used to appear in the occasional news-stand magazines.  For some reason, him winning American Idol almost seemed like a pity-win, like someone knew that Adam Lambert was going to do alright with his voice and flamboyance while Kris needed all the help he could to at least start in the music industry.  It also seems there's three levels of Idol winners: the ones that make it big and people still know them (Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry), the ones that cruise along making music but barely heard of in the mainstream world (most of the Idol performers who are still cranking out music) and the ones who just drop like a rock and are never heard of again (all the rest). 

It’s the voting demographics...I feel like the “best” rarely wins their season of Idol or SYTYCD. I haven’t watched in years, but seems like they had a run of generic young men that the teeny boppers and boomers gravitated towards. Even with the fan vote for DCC when they had it, it’s all a popularity contest. I remember my mom being so pissed that Adam Lambert lost but she never called to vote 😂

I almost think they’re better off...great exposure but not necessarily locked into whatever the winner is contractually obligated to do. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have had amazing careers, but I feel like every other big name lost their season. I don’t think Daughtry won either. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Yes, but before this show started. And the majority of Vets that season were 2 years...#lastcentury. 

Edit: there were others in the early 2000s. But, the difference from those years to starting in 2010 is that the pregame performance changed every game....song, formations, etc. the only thing that was consistent was the kickline. The front of the formations had the same people, mostly SG members, but several people had chances to be “the point” every season. 

Thank you for taking the time to explain.  It's interesting learning more about how everything has evolved.  It will also be interesting if they show anything from Oxnard via photos and/or video today.  I can only imagine how nuts this forum might get, lol.

Try not to slide out of your chair again when all the "who's making point" conjecture starts all over again. 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Thank you for taking the time to explain.  It's interesting learning more about how everything has evolved.  It will also be interesting if they show anything from Oxnard via photos and/or video today.  I can only imagine how nuts this forum might get, lol.

Try not to slide out of your chair again when all the "who's making point" conjecture starts all over again. 😁

For me, the Oxnard performance this afternoon (3 pm Pacific) is like the Emmy nomination announcement.  I’ll be distracted until we see something.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sarah G has a #fbf pic on her IG story of the front of the formation while they are performing.  Her comment is "back to the days when the triangle was just a formation." 😂

I think even the retired DCC are tired of hearing about it.  It humors me no one cared about point before the Jenna debacle.  Now I imagine Shelly just cringes when anyone even says the word "point" around her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 7/24/2019 at 10:50 PM, botymolly said:

She was not able to attend.  One of her sorority sisters and fellow Golden Girls facetimed with her for the one service so she could be a part of it.  My daughter graduated with them in May.

Jesus Christ TPTB are such garbage

3 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I think even the retired DCC are tired of hearing about it.  It humors me no one cared about point before the Jenna debacle.  Now I imagine Shelly just cringes when anyone even says the word "point" around her.

The first time I became aware about point was when Whitney Isleib referenced it when talking about retiring and her DCC highlights.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Ohhhhhhhh.  That's worse than admitting you LOVE VK and think she's a great dancer.

Just kidding.  My room mate doesn't like him either.  

• LOL 1
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wouldn't be surprised this season, that as each TCC is cut, if Kelli plays "Another One Bites the Dust."😜

OMG I am so over this whole Queen thing.  I'm a fan, always have been, but wow.  

• Love 1

So I've been doing some creeping and found this video on some random persons instagram. The group performance is halfway through the video. Looks like Maddie and Amy split point 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, JayDKay said:

So I've been doing some creeping and found this video on some random persons instagram. The group performance is halfway through the video. Looks like Maddie and Amy split point 

I posted it earlier in the social media thread.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

My eyes go to the front blond who isn’t Amy. Is it Gina?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

maddie then Gina and Amy were flanking her, but then the blonds moved back and Maddie stayed in front!  

If Maddie were at point she’d be directly in front of Tess so Amy and Maddie are splitting point because we can clearly see Tess right up the middle 

• Useful 1

I am an absolute doofus!  I've been posting the Oxnard stuff in the Social Media thread thinking that's were it belongs since it isn't about TC.  Just now saw the "2018" part of the thread title.

MAJOR Homer Moment.

Feel free to throw tomatoes.  #MyBad

I'll be under my usual large rock, lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4