Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Someone asked about Amy's mistake... this was the video that showed it, but it's been removed due to copyright issues.

Found yet another video.  Not sure how long it will be up but I think I see Amy's mistake in this one.  Around the 1:28 mark if that's the mistake everyone's been referring to?

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Found yet another video.  Not sure how long it will be up but I think I see Amy's mistake in this one.  Around the 1:28 mark if that's the mistake everyone's been referring to?

Freddie is spinning I am sure.  🙂

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Any word if it'll be covered on MTT (I would think for sure it would) @ShellyB?

Also about how much longer is Training Camp?

The first preseason game is 8/10 and the show premiers 8/2 so 8/1?  🙂

• Useful 1

Not posting this to seem cruel to Amy but so many people say they don't see it, I trimmed down to the big error.  She was also behind to me a lot.

2 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

The first preseason game is 8/10 and the show premiers 8/2 so 8/1?  🙂

Shelly already answered this.  First HOME preseason is 8/24 and camp may run until then.  Show starts 8/2.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/24/2019 at 9:43 AM, Loves2Dance said:

Nope. This wasn't a SG performance; it was a Vet's performance. 

On 7/24/2019 at 7:05 AM, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think that the Vets performed, not just show group since Savannah I don't think is on SG either

On 7/24/2019 at 12:02 PM, Newmanbritt said:

What a cool thing for all the girls on the team to get to do! I'm glad everyone got to do this and that it wasn't just show group. The more the better!!!! 

@DCCFanInKy - yep.  All vets performed. 😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Their first 2 preseason games are away, so they could stretch it out until the first home game on the 24th!  I hope not, though...

umm I didn't notice that -- there is a B/W scrimmage on August 4, 2019 -- I am not sure that I can see the squad appearing at that though.  

Does anybody know when the team pic is scheduled?

• Useful 1
22 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Not posting this to seem cruel to Amy but so many people say they don't see it, I trimmed down to the big error.  She was also behind to me a lot.

Shelly already answered this.  First HOME preseason is 8/24 and camp may run until then.  Show starts 8/2.

Sorry -- didn't see your response -- thanks for the info.

10 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

Does anybody know when the team pic is scheduled?

They generally schedule it when they're close to having the team set.  It's not a pre determined thing.

• Love 1

Everyone of the 36 girls deserves to be on the squad. This team is based on over all quality not just 2 or 3 of the new girls. I know we all have are favorites but if you are still on the team after 3 years there is a reason!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So do we know why Cianna, Hannah and Rachel aren't going to Oxnard? I understand if it was work obligations. Past years have they only taken a selection of SG or did they take them all? 

4 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

So do we know why Cianna, Hannah and Rachel aren't going to Oxnard? I understand if it was work obligations. Past years have they only taken a selection of SG or did they take them all? 

Usually just 12.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I think I understand why they put Rachel W where they did. On the line “there ain’t no beauty queens in this locality”, Adam turned around, looked at the screen, which was showing Rachel & said “well, actually”. I think her placement was all for that line. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

It makes me sad that they use the same choreo for different songs/ performances... I can literally dance along with them knowing what they are going to do next. 

That's why it was so funny last season when Rachel W told Melissa R that the dances all seemed the same.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

That's why it was so funny last season when Rachel W told Melissa R that the dances all seemed the same.  

I just think they really need to switch things up. Don’t waist all that beautiful talent on repeat choreo.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

It makes me sad that they use the same choreo for different songs/ performances... I can literally dance along with them knowing what they are going to do next. 

They basically have a repertoire of moves and they put those together in different forms.

• Love 3
Just now, Squeek said:

They basically have a repertoire of moves and they put those together in different forms.

Yup I get it , mistake proof almost... which is why I don’t understand the Amy mess up...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

Yup I get it , mistake proof almost... which is why I don’t understand the Amy mess up...

I don't think she's got the best attention sometimes.  Seen her mess up before and it flusters her.  She's not a consistent dancer choreography wise.  :(

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Squeek said:

Anyone interested in trying out - just go to YouTube.  Look up DCC camps where the DCC are performing for the girls, look up plaza performances, sidelines, appearances where they aren't playing Thunderstruck...……..even that old video someone posted with the Friends and Family 2003 squad, the Kacey Musgraves State Fair performance.  You will see the same stuff over and over.

• Love 2

Also dear lord, could they please come up with some new choreo? Fans who follow all their performances like us are tired of seeing the same thing over and over.  I literally knew every move they were about to do as others have mentioned here. I'm bored.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, aubshart said:

Tess is pretty tall. She probably didn’t want to travel with a dress on. I’m the same. They ride up and get shorter when you sit. 

Does anyone happen to know how tall Tess (and Taylor) are?

56 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I think I understand why they put Rachel W where they did. On the line “there ain’t no beauty queens in the locality”, Adam turned around, looked at the screen, which was showing Rachel & said “well, actually”. I think her placement was all for that line. 

I thought I heard that but wasn’t sure if it was part of the song or not.  If not, excellent catch and interesting theory!

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

Has this new banner been posted here yet? Sorry if it has, I've been way behind. Based on how much they love Rachel W's looks I'm a little surprised she isn't part of it.

Snip20190726_3.png

No, it hasn't.  Thank you for posting it.  They all look great.  Nice to see different faces sometimes:)

• Love 9
9 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

Someone forgot to tell poor Tess that the theme changed from “Charlotte Jones” to “Easter Sunday”.

And Heather is the only one wearing black..I guess she just lost point.

9 hours ago, bupbupbip said:

I would reather drop lexie, even out of the squad, there is something in her that i dont like it, also alexis p., she is beautiful but ugh. I dont get the hate over daphne, she is a powerhouse.

Yeah, she always was the one to defeat, only Crystal was the one who went close yo her  but not enough 😛 like Brittany Scrham said "their generation was always on fire"

Alexis in the very brief glimpse I got of her seemed a bit stocky. I’m not a big fan of her dancing tbh.

2 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

They didn’t just use the same moves, they literally did the same choreo they do with an upbeat song. The first time I watched the video it looked awful to me because I’m used to the faster tempo, but it does go well with this song if you haven’t watched them perform the choreo before. You would think though that the “best of the best” would be able to come up with something new for a one of a time performance.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

No, it hasn't.  Thank you for posting it.  They all look great.  Nice to see different faces sometimes:)

I think so too! I don't want to get to the point where we are having a few select girls shoved down our throats, but it always inevitably happens. I've always thought Ashlee and Alanna were 2 of the prettiest girls on the squad, so I'm happy to see them here. Don't care one way or the other for Daphne but they needed a new blonde so she fits.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Freddie is spinning I am sure.  🙂

I don't know who Adam Lambert is, but how is someone with such a whiny voice a singer?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I don't know who Adam Lambert is, but how is someone with such a whiny voice a singer?

He is the reason Queen is so successful right now.  There was a great documentary on a few months ago on how he joined them.  

• Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

He is the reason Queen is so successful right now.  There was a great documentary on a few months ago on how he joined them.  

He sings good enough to do  a song in the Cher Kennedy Center honors along with Cyndi Lauper and others. I think he was also on Broadway in Wicked.  His voice is pretty amazing.  No one can replace Freddie Mercury but he's given the band another round of life.

Edited by hathorlive
tone
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

Isn’t it enough that they learn like ... 40 dances!? They wouldn’t look this good if they did choreo that they have never done before, and they aren’t going to learn a whole new dance for weeks to perform it one night. 

4 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

I think so too! I don't want to get to the point where we are having a few select girls shoved down our throats, but it always inevitably happens. I've always thought Ashlee and Alanna were 2 of the prettiest girls on the squad, so I'm happy to see them here. Don't care one way or the other for Daphne but they needed a new blonde so she fits.

Glad to see that at least CMT recognizes the optics of having so few non-white people and actually chose a diverse group. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Alanna is one of my favorites but I am so surprised to see her in the middle of the new banner. I was expecting to see Rachel W, Caroline or Madeleine Malloy there if they were picking the rookies.

Truly I was expecting Alexis, Lexi and Savannah as our bouquet of hair colors. They seem to love those girls in pictures. Much like their routines and choreography, they usually stick to their same olds!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

What does Judy do?  It isn't creating new choreography is it?  I'm an old timer and back in the day the choreography wasn't stale.  I love the DCC so it pains me to criticize them so much, but some things need to change.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

What does Judy do?  It isn't creating new choreography is it?  I'm an old timer and back in the day the choreography wasn't stale.  I love the DCC so it pains me to criticize them so much, but some things need to change.

The timing of this discussion is particularly ironic as Judy’s Insta story the morning after the Queen performance commented more than once that she had choreography to take care of but she kept getting sidetracked watching the Queen performance over and over.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3