Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I believe so - looks like Madeline Malloy, then Hannah and Jalyn, Cici, Daphne, Alanna and Erin.  The one in front of Alanna i'm unsure of...Chandi? she's pretty. 

ETA: i guess it can't be Chandi if just vets performed? 

Alexis is in front of Alanna and Miranda is next to Hannah. 

Ia that Taylor in the way back?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

If we have to have a brunette (and I'm usually partial to them), Adam Lambert for point! My eye just goes right past Maddie.  I'm  neutral on her so could live with her as point, just means the other two in the top triangle will get a lot of attention. Amy is a no. Yes, yes, yes to Gina.  I find her so compelling to watch. 

After this year at point, save yourself Gina and escape!

Next year, my dream front triangle: Jalyn, Bridget and Hannah.

Love you Jalyn - stay strong, dance strong!   

IMG_1256.JPG

Yes, yes, yes.
Jalyn:

• Is elegant, flexible and graceful in everything she does
  • Has an infallible sense of rhythm
  • Is passionate about learning
  • Is a great team member
  • Does everything with confidence

#jalynforpoint #teamjalyn 

• Love 21
47 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Behind the band. I couldn’t tell which blond was her until this still..I recognized the teeth? But still not sure if her or the other. .see pic below  definitely in back behind drummer though

42840BFE-E932-4C2C-83B6-AD7D92638282.jpeg

pretty sure thats Christina

13 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

lol they put 2/3 of the worst dancers hidden in the back. I wonder why they stuck poor Brennan back there

Brennan is not a strong dancer .... I like her and she dances clean but has no power

• Love 6

Please make sure you are familiar with the site's rules on politics:

The TL;DR of it is that discussion of the contestants' political affiliations, tsking about their political stances, etc, is not allowed and posts containing such will be subject to moderation.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Crystal was chosen in her 3rd year.  Whitney and Holly - year 4.  Mia - year 5. Jenn K - 4.  Nicole H -  ???  It really just depends when the previous point retires.  

Nicole hamilton and Elizabeth Davis were chosen on their 2nd year, Nicole passed over Davis in her 2nd year, they were awesome

2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

For anyone interested, the girls begin around the 4:25 mark.

Hannah absolutely slayed it.   In this version, you can see her better.  Although I am not a fan of Maddie for point, she does look strong in this.  Bridget still catches my eye.  She really knows how to sell it and definitely has strength and sparkle. 

I can't help wonder how Gina feels being pushed further back?

Lastly, I am über impressed with the 2nd years.  All of them are super strong both in technique and performance.  I love seeing this.  It will only help bring up the caliber of the entire squad.

• Love 18
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 12:44 AM, DCCme said:

Ok, I’m just going to say it...I love the Kelli and Judy promos MTT is doing and I want more.  Yes I’m probably going to hell.  Yes I’ll save you a seat ;).

Agreed! I like them because they are being themselves, right, wrong or indifferent. It's not cookie cutter its in your face and I prefer that. I mean they judge people for a living! 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

pretty sure thats Christina

Explains the body shape. I can’t recognize any of the blonds.  Hair to similar and I’m blind on phone.  

(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 9:14 AM, Cruisegirl said:

K & J are unprofessional and mean spirited to do another video. They complained that VK got all this negative attention on social media last year and she needed a break this year. Well, K & J are doing the same things to these girls by rehashing which was already shown on TV previous years. I’m sure it was hard to see it the first time, yet a second or third time. Shame on you Kelli and Judy! I thought you had more class than this, but I am sadly mistaken. 

Agreed on your point about rehashing old media. However, no attack against you at all but I honestly never thought they had more class. After watching and following the show for years I have often wondered what they were saying to each other under their breaths and in private during this process and I'm not at all shocked at the things they are saying because I figured they were talking much trash about certain girls. 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 11:59 AM, ByTor said:

I guess I don't really think about Amy because I don't think she'll get point, but while I do want Gina there I wouldn't be disappointed at all if it were Amy.

Funny how beauty is all subjective. I honestly do not think that Amy is point material at all. I put her in the same category as Maddie as far as being camera ready. 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 5

So 3 cuts to go, I’m thinking Meredith will be the last cut, but who else? I agree with someone up thread who said it was a bad sign that Lily was with Meredith and Madeline at the mentor session with Rycroft. I feel bad for Lily if she gets cut again, but we all know they cut girls from camp multiple years almost routinely at this point. 

13 hours ago, bupbupbip said:

Gosh! i get anxious everytime you guys bring the "point" topic out, makes me wanna go to kelli's office and scream at her like: MADDIE DESERVES POINT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Im really desperate to see her on the 50 yard line T_T please!!

She doesn’t have the look. At all. Remember that comment Neil made about her face her first season as a TCC? A lot of people see her like that. Gummy smile, scrunched eyes when she smiles, and looks soft sometimes. 

• Love 4

Gah, could the tempo of that song have been played any slower?? They know people are trying to dance to that song and look energized, right? Pick it up, people. 

I do not like Amy at point but I would dislike Maddie even more. In all fairness, part of the issue probably is that the song is so slow it would be hard for anyone to look like they're rocking it and showing real pop. Shocked that Gina is so far back.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 7:53 PM, DCCme said:

Well as long as I’m going to hell, I might as well be thrust there rather than barely making it.  I’m with Marshall on this one.  There I said it.  I’ll scooch over if any of you want to join me in hell.  

I'm going to join you. This is a TV reality show and all of these girls know the deal before they try out in a room full of CMT TV Cameras!  I dont know about anyone else but when I watch reality TV it is because I prefer to watch the reality of a situation not the cookie cutter edited version. 

Does anyone know if the ladies have to sign some sort of media legal docs before they can try out that protects the DCC organization. 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 3
(edited)

My issue with Amy, Heather and even Maddie at point is that they don't seem to be consistent in their dance performance. We've seen them absolutely kill some dances, and in other dances they will look unimpressive. Some on the board were just fretting about Heather's so-so performance during show group auditions only a couple of weeks ago. Kashara was too sloppy for my taste to be point, but she was never flat in her dancing. I would hope K&J would pick someone for point who could dial it up and keep it dialed up every time.

Edited by cgloss
Typo
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Hannah absolutely slayed it.   In this version, you can see her better.  Although I am not a fan of Maddie for point, she does look strong in this.  Bridget still catches my eye.  She really knows how to sell it and definitely has strength and sparkle. 

Lastly, I am über impressed with the 2nd years.  All of them are super strong both in technique and performance.  I love seeing this.  It will only help bring up the caliber of the entire squad.

Agree with all of this! I’d love Bridget or Hannah for point! They kill it every time. 

I wondered the same about Gina even though I was happy she wasn’t up front. She’s powerful but she seems to rush a lot and I find it distracting. 

Still cant see Maddie as point even though she looked great here. I was unsure on Amy before but his just solidified her as a no for me.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Gah, could the tempo of that song have been played any slower?? They know people are trying to dance to that song and look energized, right? Pick it up, people. 

I do not like Amy at point but I would dislike Maddie even more. In all fairness, part of the issue probably is that the song is so slow it would be hard for anyone to look like they're rocking it and showing real pop. Shocked that Gina is so far back.

I’m shocked that RachelW is in front of Gina but Gina is still up close being as she’s only behind the GLs and Rachel. Although i do think it would look a bit offf to have Gina be in Rachel’s spot given she’s kinda on the shorter side

• Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

HANNAH!! She was so good and always delivers. I love her. 

Bridget was adorable and compelling to watch. 

Wish I could have seen Caroline but I couldn't find her. 

I'm so proud of all the 2nd years ❤️ 

My 2 cents-- Gina or Caroline for point. I love Maddie but she's hip hop through and through, and KILLS it at that. 

• Love 6

Long time reader, first time poster. Did anyone notice Amy mess up in the video DCC reposted on Instagram from Adam Lambert. I’ll be surprised if they leave her at point after that! I thought Rachel W looked amazing dancing directly behind Amy and then in between Amy and Maddie. She is a stunner and while she’s only a 2nd year, she’s got the look for point! Also, I am not a fan of Gina for point... she dances too big and stands out like a sore thumb & NOT in a good way. She’s a great dancer technique wise, but she needs to calm down her bounciness.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Domino9062 said:

Trying not to read into Gina not being up front. Thinking maybe there was a reason she was where she was... ie camera angle, photo angle - and not just the big screen view. 

I’m thinking placement was mostly seniority based for this event. Probably to get us to react the way we are right now. Amy screwed up and seems to be spacey. Remember a couple of seasons ago, she messed up the jump split and laughed at Judy or Kelli and they went OFF on her. Don’t get me wrong I love her. But don’t see her as point. #teamgina

• Love 6
On 7/22/2019 at 9:27 PM, Tootie said:

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like their makeup is prettier than last year...  Fingers crossed for decent pics this year!!  😀

Agreed. IMO I think Brennan's new makeup makes her look better.

• Love 3
(edited)

Remember when Judy was laughing last season and said Bridget was acting like she was already in the stadium when they were dancing in the studio, like she was having a good time?  Well, I saw that last night in those videos.  She just looked like she was having a blast!  I'm all for making some waves, and putting Bridget at point this year! 

Edited by TUOwl84
  • Love 21
31 minutes ago, Domino9062 said:

Trying not to read into Gina not being up front. Thinking maybe there was a reason she was where she was... ie camera angle, photo angle - and not just the big screen view. 

I think so too. As a choreographer, I never put all my best dancers up front together.   When watching a few different videos, I think Gina was exactly where I would’ve put her to be highlighted when the guitarist walked out on the runway.  If she had been where Rachel W was, she wouldn’t have been as visible on the big screen behind the band.  We’re just judging from vids we see here, but they have to do placement keeping the entire venue & audience in mind. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Rosie-Brooklyn said:

HANNAH!! She was so good and always delivers. I love her. 

Bridget was adorable and compelling to watch. 

Wish I could have seen Caroline but I couldn't find her. 

I'm so proud of all the 2nd years ❤️ 

My 2 cents-- Gina or Caroline for point. I love Maddie but she's hip hop through and through, and KILLS it at that. 

Caroline is on the platform going out but closest to the stage on our right! 

• Love 3

Rachel W really looks great here, she's just gorgeous.

I would've loved to have seen Lexie further up!

Bridget in behind the scenes posts I've seen on girls like Brennan and Heather's stories, and in Kristie scale's twitter videos makes me just love her even more

Amy's mess up is pretty unfortunate....

What a cool thing for all the girls on the team to get to do! I'm glad everyone got to do this and that it wasn't just show group. The more the better!!!! 

• Love 11