Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't know who Adam Lambert is, but how is someone with such a whiny voice a singer?

I believe Adam Lambert was a winner on a show for singing, like voice or America’s Got Talent. I’ve never watched but my mom knew his name.

A few months back, we were watching Live Aid..took us right back in time. We looked up the front man for Queen on this tour and found out it was Adam.  YouTube had a clip of the James Corden show sing off with Adam and Queen.  Adam came out dressed like George Michael. That was the deciding factor for us...we decided our old rock and roll brains couldn’t handle Queen without Freddie, with Adam singing, looking like George Michael.  

But Queen is having a successful tour, and new generations are listening to their music.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking that it was pretty dang impressive if Nicole Hamilton was still an All-Star. :-)))

She could easily still be an All Star 🙂 I love her!!!

• Love 6

That's a great picture of Alanna. I think she's getting more comfortable in front of the camera. She looked a bit awkward in some of the calendar shots I saw, but I noticed she consistently looks great in candid sideline photos. Nice to see she's getting the hang of the more staged photography. She's such a solid dancer, seems much beloved by her teammates, has a killer figure, gorgeous hair, and a beautiful smile. Such a nice surprise to see her front and center like that. Ashlee is one of the prettiest vets, in my eyes, and she's so impressive, what with her aims to become some kind of pediatric physical therapist and all. I also am so impressed by how much stronger she's gotten as a dancer and performer this past year. From being one of the last TCCs at risk of getting cut last year to getting a Barbie and Show Group this year, wow. Last year, I loved how much Judy seemed to like Ashlee and be impressed with her learning curve and performance quality. Judy noted to Kellie that Ashlee had climbed way up the ladder and "was going to have some real sex appeal" when she dances. Seems like TPTB are very happy with her growth as a vet and I like how they are encouraging her to keep going. That's a nice enough picture of Daphne, but if this is not the set banner, they should go for another blonde or almost-blonde, like Lexie or Caroline.

You know who I always wanted them to pick for an MTT banner who never made it? Katie Marie. She's so freaking gorgeous and photogenic, I never could understand it. I don't think she ever made calendar covers, either, and I always thought she should have. She was a stellar sideline performer and always took some of the best action shots--huge smile, clean lines, and vibrant energy in every move and shot. Loved her!

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, M1977G said:

That's a great picture of Alanna. I think she's getting more comfortable in front of the camera. She looked a bit awkward in some of the calendar shots I saw, but I noticed she consistently looks great in candid sideline photos. Nice to see she's getting the hang of the more staged photography. She's such a solid dancer, seems much beloved by her teammates, has a killer figure, gorgeous hair, and a beautiful smile. Such a nice surprise to see her front and center like that. Ashlee is one of the prettiest vets, in my eyes, and she's so impressive, what with her aims to become some kind of pediatric physical therapist and all. I also am so impressed by how much stronger she's gotten as a dancer and performer this past year. From being one of the last TCCs at risk of getting cut last year to getting a Barbie and Show Group this year, wow. Last year, I loved how much Judy seemed to like Ashlee and be impressed with her learning curve and performance quality. Judy noted to Kellie that Ashlee had climbed way up the ladder and "was going to have some real sex appeal" when she dances. Seems like TPTB are very happy with her growth as a vet and I like how they are encouraging her to keep going. That's a nice enough picture of Daphne, but if this is not the set banner, they should go for another blonde or almost-blonde, like Lexie or Caroline.

You know who I always wanted them to pick for an MTT banner who never made it? Katie Marie. She's so freaking gorgeous and photogenic, I never could understand it. I don't think she ever made calendar covers, either, and I always thought she should have. She was a stellar sideline performer and always took some of the best action shots--huge smile, clean lines, and vibrant energy in every move and shot. Loved her!

i too, loved Katy, She definately should have been more recognized by tptb.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I believe Adam Lambert was a winner on a show for singing, like voice or America’s Got Talent. I’ve never watched but my mom knew his name.

A few months back, we were watching Live Aid..took us right back in time. We looked up the front man for Queen on this tour and found out it was Adam.  YouTube had a clip of the James Corden show sing off with Adam and Queen.  Adam came out dressed like George Michael. That was the deciding factor for us...we decided our old rock and roll brains couldn’t handle Queen without Freddie, with Adam singing, looking like George Michael.  

But Queen is having a successful tour, and new generations are listening to their music.  

Adam Lambert was the runner up on American Idol about 10 years ago.  

• Love 7

Adam was runner up on American Idol back in 2009. He's been on Glee and Drag Race as a guest star and joined Queen back in 2014. I don't think he's anything compared to Freddie, I'm not a huge fan of his voice but he's objectively a really good singer. Now listening to him sing Fat Bottom Girls in this video instead of Freddie, I cringed at how weird his voice sounded with it.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Adam was the runner up in American Idol season 8. 

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

He is the reason Queen is so successful right now.  There was a great documentary on a few months ago on how he joined them.  

Watched Adam on American Idol...have been a fan since.  He then went on to Broadway I believe and he's a perfect fit for Queen.  He's not Freddie, that's for sure, but I really like him.

• Love 12
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

No he didn't win (American Idol) he was the runner up, but that was probably a good thing. Because the young man who won is a "where are they now" kind of person.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, M1977G said:

It is a great shot of Alanna...I really like her!  Ashlee is beautiful as well.  Daphne...it's "meh".  I've seen better pictures of her.  

• Love 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Adam was runner up on American Idol back in 2009. He's been on Glee and Drag Race as a guest star and joined Queen back in 2014. 

41 minutes ago, Monique said:

Adam was the runner up in American Idol season 8. 

Ironically, Queen performed at the finale for Season 8 with Adam Lambert and Kris Allen singing "We are the Champions" and it was an amazing performance (I thought).  I never understood how Kris Allen could have won that season because he seemed pastel and bland when he performed while Adam killed it.  At least, I thought so but I only watched the finale.  Adam Lambert also did an a capella version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" when he auditioned for the show.  If I remember correctly, Queen was interested in having Adam Lambert perform with them even back then after hearing him during rehearsals.

31 minutes ago, Kayce said:

No he didn't win (American Idol) he was the runner up, but that was probably a good thing. Because the young man who won is a "where are they now" kind of person.  

Evidently, Kris Allen released several albums and is still performing/touring, but I never hear his music on the radio and never hear about him in the media.  It seems like he dropped off the face of the earth within a year of the show except in the occasional "American Idol"-themed articles that used to appear in the occasional news-stand magazines.  For some reason, him winning American Idol almost seemed like a pity-win, like someone knew that Adam Lambert was going to do alright with his voice and flamboyance while Kris needed all the help he could to at least start in the music industry.  It also seems there's three levels of Idol winners: the ones that make it big and people still know them (Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry), the ones that cruise along making music but barely heard of in the mainstream world (most of the Idol performers who are still cranking out music) and the ones who just drop like a rock and are never heard of again (all the rest).

I think all the girls did well in that video though I'm going to have to re-watch it when I have time.  Amy's mistake could be seen as embarrassing (depending on who was paying attention besides Kelli and Judy) and Bridget. . . . girl, that photo with Brian May is freaking AMAZING!  Lucky girl.  I feel bad for Brennan and MOST of the girls (except maybe Christina if she was back there) who were shoved as far back as they were.  No one could really see who they were and could only see the uniforms while the rest of the girls were out on the stage having the time of their lives. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, go4luca said:

Sure.  Here you go.  The SG above the names mean they made show group.

127042948_rookiecandidates_SGinc7_23_19R1.jpeg.3e673e2b94454a6cd293efbaffaa0f05.jpeg

I had to step away from the board for a few days and it looks like I missed another cut (Madeline S.). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Super confused as to where you’re getting this information.... I went back and looked at her personal Twitter, which allegedly has anti gay posts. It doesn’t. She’s pro life, a Christian, and supported Brett Kavanaugh. That doesn’t make her a homophobe. I’m a Christian and support gay rights. So does my church. We welcome all people. I’m just super curious as to where these accusations of Rachel being a homophobe are coming from. Not trying to be combative at all! 

Agreed!!!

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Ironically, Queen performed at the finale for Season 8 with Adam Lambert and Kris Allen singing "We are the Champions" and it was an amazing performance (I thought).  I never understood how Kris Allen could have won that season because he seemed pastel and bland when he performed while Adam killed it.  At least, I thought so but I only watched the finale.  Adam Lambert also did an a capella version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" when he auditioned for the show.  If I remember correctly, Queen was interested in having Adam Lambert perform with them even back then after hearing him during rehearsals.

Evidently, Kris Allen released several albums and is still performing/touring, but I never hear his music on the radio and never hear about him in the media.  It seems like he dropped off the face of the earth within a year of the show except in the occasional "American Idol"-themed articles that used to appear in the occasional news-stand magazines.  For some reason, him winning American Idol almost seemed like a pity-win, like someone knew that Adam Lambert was going to do alright with his voice and flamboyance while Kris needed all the help he could to at least start in the music industry.  It also seems there's three levels of Idol winners: the ones that make it big and people still know them (Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry), the ones that cruise along making music but barely heard of in the mainstream world (most of the Idol performers who are still cranking out music) and the ones who just drop like a rock and are never heard of again (all the rest).

I think all the girls did well in that video though I'm going to have to re-watch it when I have time.  Amy's mistake could be seen as embarrassing (depending on who was paying attention besides Kelli and Judy) and Bridget. . . . girl, that photo with Brian May is freaking AMAZING!  Lucky girl.  I feel bad for Brennan and MOST of the girls (except maybe Christina if she was back there) who were shoved as far back as they were.  No one could really see who they were and could only see the uniforms while the rest of the girls were out on the stage having the time of their lives. 

Fantasia Barrino has a pretty  good career going too.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't know who Adam Lambert is, but how is someone with such a whiny voice a singer?

American Idol is how. Poor Freddie; untalented people keep butchering his songs (not over Kanye & Bohemian Rhapsody)

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

Actually, he didn't win.  It was a big shocker at the time.  There was a story about how he is more successful than some winners.

I can watch him on his own but not with Queen - which is why I had a hard time watching the clip -- I love the squad and Queen -just not together.

Kind of the same reason I wish they would retire Thunderstruck -- AcDc and DCC just don't seem to match - choreography just doesn't seem to fit.

2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

He was runner up on American Idol

8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And Heather is the only one wearing black..I guess she just lost point.

Alexis in the very brief glimpse I got of her seemed a bit stocky. I’m not a big fan of her dancing tbh.

They didn’t just use the same moves, they literally did the same choreo they do with an upbeat song. The first time I watched the video it looked awful to me because I’m used to the faster tempo, but it does go well with this song if you haven’t watched them perform the choreo before. You would think though that the “best of the best” would be able to come up with something new for a one of a time performance.

I wonder how much time they actually have to put something together and master it for a full song. I’m not a dancer so I’m actually posing this as a real question for those that are.  

And then add the rehearsal time on top of training camp.  

But, yes, I recall that little body roll from the days of Rachel Buckmaster, lol  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's why it was so funny last season when Rachel W told Melissa R that the dances all seemed the same.  

And the bafflement from Melissa R as if she didn’t understand what Rachel was saying. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Super confused as to where you’re getting this information.... I went back and looked at her personal Twitter, which allegedly has anti gay posts. It doesn’t as far back as I looked. She’s pro life, a Christian, and supported Brett Kavanaugh. That doesn’t make her a homophobe. I’m a Christian and support gay rights. So does my church. We welcome all people. I’m just super curious as to where these accusations of Rachel being a homophobe are coming from. Not trying to be combative at all! If she has anti gay posts, please point me in the direction!

Perhaps some of the more "controversial" stuff has since been deleted since this is such an old topic. I recall reading some older posts that I'm sure are no longer there, but there weren't any ridiculous posts like "I HATE [f words]!!!" 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Anyone have info on Amanda as a dancer?   Any videos anywhere?  Apparently TPTB like her?

This is three years old but should give you an idea.

• Love 4
On 7/25/2019 at 12:21 PM, go4luca said:

Here's another option. Just mix it way the heck up and put Hannah at point. The girl slayed during the Queen performance.

I know her look isn't for everyone but I think she's stunning in many of her photographs. She could easily have print modeling in her future.

Then stand back & watch this forum implode. 😂

(and yes, I know the likelihood of this happening is marginal, lol)

I support this 100%

• Love 9
8 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

I think so too! I don't want to get to the point where we are having a few select girls shoved down our throats, but it always inevitably happens. I've always thought Ashlee and Alanna were 2 of the prettiest girls on the squad, so I'm happy to see them here. Don't care one way or the other for Daphne but they needed a new blonde so she fits.

Ashlee is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S and from the little we know, she is a fantastic person. She should be featured more.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Amanda also has a three year old music video posted.  

Amanda should stick to dancing. Is she going to be another Kalyssa - waiting for the next big thing?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Has this new banner been posted here yet? Sorry if it has, I've been way behind. Based on how much they love Rachel W's looks I'm a little surprised she isn't part of it.

Snip20190726_3.png

Is Alanna in show group? 

2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Some may think I'm horrible for saying this (but I've made reference to it before), I'd love to see things shaken up and a 2nd year take point.  So many of them are über strong dancers.  But I also recognize this could crush some 3rd years. 

Overall, I hope to see a strong dancer with lots of sparkle lead the ladies at point.

Point is a leadership role...2nd years don't have the experience. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CrazyMoon said:

Point is a leadership role...2nd years don't have the experience. 

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.  Many of these girls come from teams where they already had some kind of a leadership role.  It's possible this is also how some are recruited.

• Love 9

Three things:

1. Ashlee is beautiful! She needs to be shown more and fast!

2. Hannnnnnnnnnnaaahhhhhh—damn girl! You can be point anytime. Plus, redheads rock and the faster people get to know that, the better! 👩🏻‍🦰 my red is faded to like reddish blondish  brown, but my roots are red. Hannah’s dancing is where my eye goes and if her dancing is drawing people in, then put her up front.

3. Bridget and Brian May-yeah, she should be up close too. Move the boring Betty’s back and move these firecrackers up front! Just because you have seniority doesn’t mean you’re fun to watch. 

I’m sorry; I just want to see some jazzy dancing  and not meeeeh. 

• Love 17

I don’t think I ever want to see a second year be moved to point unless the squad is comprised of only second years and rookies (which is unlikely to happen lol). I’m growing so impatient though as we wait to find out who is point. There’s a case to be made for several girls and I think that the question of point might be my favorite storyline of this season. Not much else has me dying to watch the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

There has been 2 girls that were point on their 2nd year, Nicole Hamilton (queen) on 2006 it was her 2nd year, and Elizabeth Davis in 2005 (i remember from the 2005 2 hour special, it was her 2nd year)... so yeah, we still can see bridget on point, hopefully.

Edited by bupbupbip
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.  Many of these girls come from teams where they already had some kind of a leadership role.  It's possible this is also how some are recruited.

Actually, I agree with you, some come highly skilled....however, DCC is it's own brand with it's own 'rules of engagement' so grooming for DCC leadership takes more than one season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I don’t think I ever want to see a second year be moved to point unless the squad is comprised of only second years and rookies (which is unlikely to happen lol). I’m growing so impatient though as we wait to find out who is point. There’s a case to be made for several girls and I think that the question of point might be my favorite storyline of this season. Not much else has me dying to watch the show.

Holly P could have rocked it. I miss Holly and I miss the team when there were more than 1 or 2 power dancers, which also means the dancers bring extra sparkle & umph to the team.  

It seems like everyone is middle of the road, to me.  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, bupbupbip said:

There has been 2 girls that were point on their 2nd year, Nicole Hamilton (queen) on 2006 it was her 2nd year, and Elizabeth Davis in 2005 (i remember from the 2005 2 hour special, it was her 2nd year)... so yeah, we still can see bridget on point, hopefully.

You can watch on this vid Nicole and Justine in 2006 (their 2nd year) at front, and by the time, there were a lot of 4th and 5th year veterans.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Actually, I agree with you, some come highly skilled....however, DCC is it's own brand with it's own 'rules of engagement' so grooming for DCC leadership takes more than one season. 

I agree with your assessment but I also think they should choose who they think serves that spot best.  It may not always follow tradition.  I am okay with them not going with seniority for this spot.  The GL's did honor seniority.  Everything has its place and in some cases, I think it's good to shake things up to keep the squad both on their toes and at their best.

Again - just my opinion.  No worries if anyone feels differently.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Amanda should stick to dancing. Is she going to be another Kalyssa - waiting for the next big thing?

I had the same thought, oh boy we've already had a Kalyssa can you not...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1